[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a vague idea for a campaign that I thought it'd be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I have a vague idea for a campaign that I thought it'd be fun to brainstorm about.

>medium fantasy, no elves or orcs but magic is incredibly powerful
>fantasy world, doesn't take place in an alternate reality or anything or that sort
>world war 1 has broken out, not exactly world war 1 but same scale, tech, tactics, aesthetic
>use of magic in war has been banned internationally
>party is a black ops task force assembled to fight against war criminals using magic illegally
>>
There's obviously a lot of information I don't have about your setting, but why would anyone agree to banning magic in the equivalent of world war one? Wasn't that the one where people were gassing each other?
>>
>>54942600
>magic in war has been banned internationally
>expecting every nation to abide by and actively enforce this.
>implying the citizenry would be fine with their folk being killed in situations magic could solve.
>Implying a soldier wouldn't break protocol and just huck a fireball at a tank without thinking anyway.
Nigger what the fuck?
>>
>>54942638
>>54942663
I came up with this like ten minutes ago, this stuff is why I made the thread. I'm thinking magic caused some sort of megadeath event several decades prior and mages were genocided to extremely small numbers in the aftermath. Obviously doesn't work if magic is extremely commonplace.
>>
>>54942663
>>54942600
Anon makes some good points here.

Perhaps have there be some serious shit go down that caused magic use (openly) to be banned, kind of like how gas weapons were banned in the aftermath of World War I.

The preceding war wouldn't be wolrd war scale, but perhaps a cumulative backlash against Crimean war / Franco-prussian war tier engagements
>>
>>54942752
I feel like given the history of what has been banned internationally it's kind of strange for there to ever really be a blanket ban like that. It would make more sense if there was some sort of specific line that magic shit isn't supposed to cross
>>
>>54943103
What about if it was like Dragon Age and all magic users were registered and kept track of?
>>
>>54943167
That's due to the nature of them being easily possessed by demons, not a single historical event
>>
Ok, say we throw out the ban angle, would magic just be glorified artillery?
>>
>>54942600
Just keep magic as something only very, very few people can do and you don't need to contrive a justification for the ban. But if it was that powerful it'd probably end up much like >>54944147
posits - artillery. Can't risk a magic user in the front line when they're so devastating from a distance.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.