[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>My setting had 4 continent spanning empires. >They all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

>My setting had 4 continent spanning empires.
>They all collapsed.
>Within a thousand years.

Does that sound stupid?
>>
Can you give us more info? what you gave us isn't enough to formulate an answer to that question
>>
>>54941801

Depends on the sequence of events in your world's history. Massive empires can come into bring, and Empires collapsing happens. I see no reason there could not have been 4 short lived empires if innitial military brilliance later proved unsustainable as others caught up or leaders were replaced. It would be a bit of a quick turnover, but it could happen.
>>
>>54941801
>>54941801
Depends on the cause of the collapse.
>>
>>54941801
I think making up more than a couple blurbs of setting info is stupid. But then I'm pretty good at improvisation.
>>
>>54941801

It's not like analogous events haven't occurred in the real world.
>>
>>54941801
The real question is what effect does this have on the setting in the "Present Day" ?

If the Empires have little to no impact than what has happened since that makes that history so none substantial.

If they have significant impact than the question you need to ask is if that stuff sounds stupid.
>>
>>54941801
Well we did have that in real world pretty much, so yeah it's possible
>>
>>54941801
It happened in real life, so no. The only stupid bit is that it's phrased as though a thousand years is a relatively short time.
>>
>>54941801
A thousand years is a really fucking long time.
>>
>>54941801
Not at all, especially if played right. The first empire maybe lasted a bit longer than the others, then was overthrown, capital moved, slightly different lands were held and all of this caused a distinct economic impact, which led to lots of impoverished people who rise up in revolt to bring the empire down only to have the leader of the rebellion set himself up as a new "people's emperor" in his home city, causing another shift in capital city, which causes more instability and eventual collapse, then some would-be conqueror rides in to the poverty-stricken, war-trodden former empire and seeks to dominated them with military might, which just further devastates the country and cities, leaving them with little to no crops, ruined living areas and no money left over after the devastation wrought by this final conquest, leaving people poor, homeless, starving and with no reasonable means of recovery, especially if they're indentured to an emperor who doesn't understand their plight.

Basically each empire should last a shorter and shorter amount of time. The first one could last reasonably for a few hundred years, but slowly decline due to royal inbreeding or just progressively crueler and more petty tyrants taking the throne, then the second would last a shorter amount of time because it was built on the unsteady foundation left by the first one and possibly under foreign rule which wouldn't set well with the people. Third would have even shakier ground to build on with the people all being poor, homeless or starving and just coming off a revolution, so more willing to do it again if someone fucks up, then number four comes along and just tramples the whole fucking empire into the dust with a show of force that leaves them ruling over an empire of shit that they just made even worse. If it doesn't get violently overthrown then eventually the various provinces would just tell the capital city to fuck off.
>>
>>54941801
What are Roman, the Mongol, and British Empires?
>>
>>54941801
According to John Glubb, (human) empires do seem prone to collapsing around 250 years, regardless of tech level.
>>
>>54941801
no? sounds just like real life
>>
>>54942334
>mongol
>british
>lasting over a 1000 years
>>
>>54942525
>reading comprehension
They collapsed within 1000 of each other.
>>
>>54941801
How do you graphically closer these empires and what sort of overlap did they have?

Did different empires form in different parts of the world over time, offering coming into trade and conflict with each other. Or are we talking about a straight world domination, collapse repeat cycle?

If it's the latter you're probably need to explain a bit more if it's happened four times in 1000 years but even then I wouldn't say it's exactly unrealistic.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.