[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shit normies have said about your /tg/ hobbies >"You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 30

File: 1389666825980.jpg (1MB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1389666825980.jpg
1MB, 500x380px
ITT: Shit normies have said about your /tg/ hobbies

>"You play Dungeons & Dragons Anon? Like the guys on Big Bang Theory?"
>>
Well anon?
Do you play it like the guys on Big Bang Theory?
>>
>>54929082
There's usually not a laugh track for my D&D game, so no
>>
>>54929055

>"aww look at your little army men! They're so cute."

My Dark Eldar were never so ashamed...
>>
File: Kirk 2.png (498KB, 647x647px) Image search: [Google]
Kirk 2.png
498KB, 647x647px
For whatever reason every normie i talk to thinks roleplaying means larping and ask if i run around in the forest.
>>
>>54929055
Haven't had much issues with normies. i live in wyoming with the largest number of nerds per capita (god knows we don't have much else to do but drink). everyone is some form of nerd or douchebag, or some gradient in between.
>>
>>54929089
That's because nobody laughs when you play with them
>>
>>54929104
>For whatever reason
It's called pop culture, and it has existed since the beginning times
>>
>>54929055
>be me in High School
>playing MtG with buddies at lunch
>school cop comes over to our table
>"Well well well, what do we have here?"
>Everyone at the table is silent, just not really sure what to say
>"You boys know gambling isn't allowed, right?"
>"No one's gambling ma'am. We're playing Magic."
>Live in bible belt
>Cop gives us this really narrow look
>Friend pushes some goblins forward and says "I attack"
>Cop just sits there watching for an incredibly uncomfortable minute while my other friend slowly assigns blockers in silence
>Cop just shrugs and walks away to go bust the black kids playing dominos for cash on the other side of the room in plain sight
>>
>>54929507
Why weren't you playing Dominoes, you could have been making money while he was busting up the MtG nerds and been outta there before he noticed.
>>
>>54929507
>"Well well well, what do we have here?"
Your school cop is Roscoe Coltrane from the Dukes of Hazzard?
>>
>"You play Dungeons and Dragons? That's pretty cool."
Followed by me trying to gauge what my friend's gf's definition of "cool" was.
>>
>>54929542
No, but in retrospect she might have fancied that she was.
>>
Playing ANY card/board game. "Oh is that Yu-Gi-Oh?"

Yes yes it's totally Yu-Gi-Oh . Yu-Gi-Oh always involves miniatures and maps
>>
>>54929055
All I've gotten really is "Is it fun; can I try?"
>>
>>54929089

>not being the funny guy in your group
>>
>>54929055
>Liking d&d enough that your normie friends know

That's where you messed up op, all my normie friends just think I'm addicted to this crazy drug called "GURPS"
>>
>>54930671
I did have a friend in my campaign quit because he parents thought d&d was evil.

I'm not even in the Bible Belt. Part of the reason i switched to WHFRP and then gurps.

I always thought it was weird that they let him play WHFRP, especially considering that it is much worse than d&d
>>
>>54930727
It's all in the name, man.
>>
>>54929507
>school cop
Is that actually a thing in American schools? Jesus Christ just how bad are things over there you need to have "school cops"
>>
>>54930817
They don't do anything anon, it's just in case shit goes south which happens like never
>>
>>54930817
It's pretty standard. My ghetto school would go months without any trouble, then 3 drug busts in a day. Usually, the school cop was just there in case a fight got out of hand.
Guy was pretty dweeby though.
>>
>>54929055
>I went to /tg/ to learn about tg
>you have more autism and aids than //v/ and /co/ combined
>>
>>54930817
Most high schools have a disciplinary officer whose job it is to wrangle kids trying to play hookie, start fights, and do other stupid shit.
>>
>>54930817
Most schools have them. They're there to try and keep people under control with their presence, and occasionally stop fights and shit.

Standard uniform, but the one at my school never had a loaded gun, so I dunno what good she was supposed to do.
>>
>>54929100
My friend refers to my miniature collecting as "playing with dolls".

That said, I refer to his knife collecting as "overcompensation" so I guess we're even until he decides to stab me.
>>
>>54930817

Here in Australia we had school cops (at least at the schools I went to). It's mainly because people here hate the pigs and it's meant to be some kind of community outreach thing to make high schoolers more likely to speak to the police when they see illegal shit happening. Protip: they still don't.
>>
>>54930817
>Is that actually a thing in American schools? Jesus Christ just how bad are things over there you need to have "school cops"

I'm from Canada and the public highschool I went to had a police officer as well, it isn't really that weird or uncommon- kids bring drugs or try to do stupid, illegal, shit at highschool all the fucking time.

If you want to hear about "how bad things are" you should wait 'till you hear about some of those mostly black, metal-detector, multiple-police-officer-having kind of American schools.
>>
>>54931138
Ugh, my dad does the same thing. It was funny only once, and when he does it EVERY TIME it gets absolutely grating.

>>54931202
Also Australian, and I never experienced this. Where were you educated? I'm from Victoria, specifically Gippsland.
>>
>>54931314

Queensland. The "School cops" weren't actually on patrol, they acted more like a Councillor or a chaplain where they'd sit in an office all day and you could go and talk to them if you were a massive pussy.
>>
>>54931342
>Councillor

counselor*
>>
>>54931342
>Queensland
Oh fuck mate I am so sorry for you
>weren't actually on patrol
Well that explains why I never saw any, if indeed there were any here. I didn't go in staff areas and I didn't bother learning about them, I just kept to myself.
>>
>>54930817
I live in one of the bigger cities in the southern US (roughly about 9 schools within a 10 mile radius) and we have none of these school cops, but you can also probably guess why.
>>
>>54931273
Metal detectors were originally there because of white kids. Columbine and all that.
>>
>>54930817
Man there used to be truancy officers who would hunt kids down and drag them back to school and or home. Shits been around forever.
>>
>>54929055
Why would I ever be talking about my hobbies with normies?
>>
>>54930934
In soviet Finland, for the longest time teachers were enough.
Nowadays they just call actual cops if something goes south.
>>
File: 1470907979698.png (83KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
1470907979698.png
83KB, 291x343px
>be Ausfag
>Ordered a hive tyrant off ebay couple months back
>bargain price
>package delayed for what seems like an eternity
>finally arrives like 2 weeks later then expected.
>it got opened at customs because of shredded paper in the box
>"your package was opened for inspection nothing suspicious found"
>giant customs sticker on the front labelling its contents
>"Just Toy Soldiers"
>mfw
>>
>>54932726
I guess them calling your government a nanny state is true, huh?
>>
>>54930438
>Yu-Gi-Oh always involves miniatures and maps
It does when it's Dungeon Dice Monsters.
>>
>>54932753
>omg the big bad gubment doesn't want bombs in the mail what a 'nanny state' right guis?

>>54932726
I felt the same anon when I had to call my bank for a lost credit card and they went over my last purchases to confirm I made them. Apparently The War Store is listed in their system a a toy shop.
>>
>rural australian teenager
>no gw nearby, but a friends dad had his circle of players and gave me the basics of playing and painting
>save up for a few months at 15
>drop 200 on an awfully painted army of space wolves
>~800 RRP, seven years ago
>family rips on me for being too old to play with toys
>strip them, paint them up decently this time and sell for 500
>much less smug family
>repeat on various spess muhreen armies and some ogres
>family treat me like an artist rather than a manchild, cringe whenever they talk about it anyway
>still a manchild up until i got an actual job on the other side of the country at 20
>dream of a return to those days where i just played vidya and drank and painted for fun
they said real life would be empowering and fun. they lied. i have more money but no time and no fun
>>
>>54932726
Kek
>>
>>54930817
I dunno man, some kids can be very dangerous. I remember there was a school cum dumpster being whored out by a 14 year old with a gun, a bunch of 16 year old "gangstas" pointing pistols at a janitor and a teacher, and a nigger who just punched anyone older than 30. Jesus, it was like some anime about a school full of gangsters.
>>
>>54932902
would watch t.b.h.
>>
>>54929089
>he doesn't laugh with the guys and bard

Come on
>>
>>54929111
R-r-really?

First off,
>people live in Wyoming
Are you sure?

Second, nerds? Not fundies? I assumed it was mostly fundies.

Now I suddenly want to live innawoods in Wyoming. It suits both my /k/ and /tg/ instincts.

Only unnerving thing is living on top of the super-volcano.
>>
>>54932987
>Only unnerving thing is living on top of the super-volcano.
Thats the fun bit though
>>
File: 1354468509812.jpg (30KB, 224x203px) Image search: [Google]
1354468509812.jpg
30KB, 224x203px
>>54929055
>playing Magic on plane
>flight attendant gets to me
>not being offensive, just friendly, asks "hey, are those like Dungeons and Dragons?"
>sperg out
>"kinda but don't play poker with these things, I once got a full house and the other guy died"
>mfw remembering this
>>
>>54932834
Reach 60's and then do whatever the fuck you want as you got the ticket pass of an old guy.
>>
>>54929111
Is it true you guys play butt darts over there?
>>
Been playing d&d for 10 years but to this day every time i head out to my friend's house for the weekly meet, my mom asks "you going to play cards?"

I stopped trying to correct her after about 3 years.
>>
>>54929055
"So it's like Skyrim multiplayer?" - my relatively normie friend on TTRPGs
>>
>>54933217
As awful as it might be, I sometimes wonder what it would be like to play with someone like that. To see how they handle a TTRPG and try to grasp it with their normie minds.
>>
>>54929089
>not having a button you can press to play a laugh track whenever someone says something funny
What are you even doing?
>>
>>54930817
My school got one after a pedo showed up and tried to rape some students.
>>
>>54932902
Jesus. America sounds Cyberpunk tier more and more everyday.

We had a series of conferences discussing "weapons distribution" after we tore out the rubber bands from a few windows and whipped some girls and some smaller kids.

I guess thats one of the benefits of a 3 tier school system. I have no idea if the 2 bottom tiers are as bad as Murica.
>>
File: oHzUfoi.png (995KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
oHzUfoi.png
995KB, 900x900px
>>54931314
He just don't want ya spendin' all ya time playing them vidya games. Go outside and play boy.
Fire up de old grill
>>
File: Boo.gif (982KB, 1024x553px) Image search: [Google]
Boo.gif
982KB, 1024x553px
>>54933014
>>kinda but don't play poker with these things, I once got a full house and the other guy died
>>
>>54932726
Well. ... They ARE toy soldiers . They are soldiers that you play with.
>>
>>54933217
"Kinda. But it's offline and you can do a lot more. Like instead of getting attacked by bandits on sight you can talk to them and get them to give up there ways and join you in saving the world. "
>>
>>54930817
We have what are called May sweepers - gangbangers trying to sneak into/around schools close to summer to lure highschool seniors into joining up. Here in Kentucky we have the misfortune of both MI6 and the GD coming in from multiple neighboring states with vans and everything to do it. I remember our resident officer arresting two of them for drug possession after they slipped in between classes.
>>
>>54934147
You know, for a second there I read MI6 as the Secret Intelligence Service, because Brit. Not quite Bond's style, honestly, and slightly below his paygrade.

My school was about 70% massive nerds anyway, because grammar school in the middle of Devon, so it was pretty standard for the common room to have a few tables playing magic or D&D or painting up 40k in the art block. None of us were much good at roleplaying, but it was fun. Headteacher was massively into sci-fi, too, kept buying the library Asimov and Larry Niven books. Man, things was considerably more comfy when I didn't have an actual life to worry about.
>>
>>54933180
It makes her feel like her son is normal, Anon. Don't try and take it from her.
>>
>>54930817
>He doesn't have school security guards to be bros with.
>He doesn't have a school cop to be friends with.
Your school sucked ass man. Security guards and cops are the coolest guys. Sometimes they can be dicks, but they were cool and mostly broke up fights or do drug busts.
>>
>>54933708
You can't generalize the US as each school and education is different state by state. The baddest thing done at my HS was students smoked weed or got into a fight and we were a shitty/poor school in the country.

Inner-city schools in the US are cancer though, especially if they are from places like Texas, Florida, New York, Virginia, or California the most well known states/coastal ones.
>>
>>54932806
>being such a beta cuck that you roll over and spread your asshole open for the nannystate
lol
>>
>>54934767
>each school and education is different state by state
More than that, it can be different not just county by county, but even city by city.
>>
>>54932726
Why would you play Nids, if you are a ausfag? You have creatures that are far more worse at home.
>>
>>54934067
kek
>>
>>54931202
Where the hell do you live, Sydeny?

Sidenote: Can we just demolish everything in Sydeny that isn't a famous landmark?
That city is a shithole full of shitters.
>>
File: 1334881870352.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1334881870352.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>Coworker says he's into boardgames.
>When asked, I bring up Battletech.
>In laymans' terms, giant war robots people drive like tanks.
>He still doesn't get it.
>Bring one book as an example.
>"Oh! Like Transformers! Just call them transformers."
>>
>>54935415
>Everything is transformers now
>Whenever he talks about anything, from his boyfriends colonoscopy to his dog dying, you say "Oh, so Transformers. Just call them Transformers."
>>
>>54930817
Never had one but it was still a pretty shitty school. Some kid got stabbed with an ice pick once. Guess they never bothered getting us a school cop cause they didn't mind if all the niggers killed each other.
>>
>>54930644
>Not being the furry guy in your group
>>
>>54931314
Melbournian with Queensland and Brissie friends - as bad as it sounds, the higher the abbo population, the more likely you'd have school cops.
>>
>>54935877
>Not having several furry gays in your group
>>
Going to a tech school and only having nerd friends desensitized me to how bad normies are
>explain to a 40 year old that is was gonna play a superhero rpg when he asked what I was doing this weekend.
>He just stopped talking and we waited for the elevator to stop in silence
>tell my coworker I was going to a Caravan Palace concert this weekend, and decided electro-swing would be too difficult a concept to explain to him so I just called it techno
>he immediately asks if I was going to "drop Molly
>tell my dad I started playing dnd
>he tells me about how when he was in college the dnd nerds all followed the dm and called him dungeon master in public even when they weren't playing
>i tell him that sounds fucking weird and drop the subject
>>
>>54930817
America is a failed penal colony, what did you expect?

Seriously, when you send all of your criminals and paddies overseas, and just casually toss in some niggers for profit, this is what you get.
>>
>>54929055

>normies

Do you actually play roleplaying games?
>>
>>54935487
heh
>>
>>54936063
>Caravan Palace
They were just here a ~month ago. That had to be the strangest crowd I've ever seen. Everything from scene to morbidly obese to furry. Then you had all the late 30s sitting off to the side just staring with disappointment.

Their opener was just bizarre. Some shirtless guy wearing a sunflower mask, a girl(?) dressed as a ladybug, some fat chick in black, and a DJ that looked like Pitbull.

I like their music, but that night was a waste of money.
>>
>"Oh, you know how to play? Can you teach us?"

It's pretty much how I make friends. I've never gotten a negative reaction, only neutral or positive.
>>
>>54929089
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs
>>
>>54935487
>>54936127

They're all robots, Anon.

Robots IN DISGUISE
>>
>>54936178
>Battletech
>More than meets the eye
>>
>>54936146

This is what I get too.

Whenever I hear /tg/ talk about "normies" and shit it reminds me of the /v/ermin and /a/ssholes that have infested the place and don't actually play tabletop games.
>>
>>54936142
That's absurd, saw them at House of Blues in Boston and the opener was some literally-who single artist and she seemed baffled that she was opening for a real band on a real stage. The audience was 90% teenagers which made me feel like the old guy who goes to concerts.
>>
>>54936852
The opening was disappointing, and the scene just fucking weird, but the music was good. Zoe did try a bit too hard to insert sexual undertones, which just added to the cringe with that crowd.
>>
>>54936088
that's Australia
>>
>>54929055
Have you tried not playing DnD?
>>
>>54935349
Sure they exist but you never fucking see them. Ive probably only ever seen like maybe 10 wild snakes ever and the most common poisonous thing you really see are red back spiders which are little bitches anyway
>>
>>54937070
Yeah except we didnt get the blacks thrown in we, we threw them out
>>
>>54934070
They are ADULT toy soldiers!
>>
>>54931138
Well, with a DE collection, at least you can stab him back
>>
>>54936088
Great post. Nutritional.
>>
>>54936060
I've got two furries in mine and there a couple, it's a guy and a girl though
>>
>>54937070
Australia came after the America colonies failed because the criminal sub-human to English ratio went off the deep end.
>>
Not on topic but related:

(Sometimes I think I'm the normie)

Backstory: Always been awfully good at hiding my power levels because I'm not a sperg-lord and have social SA. I'm also a mil-fag.

>Be in high school in upstate NY backwoods hick-town.
>Notice some kids card flopping.
>One is playing a dark ritual on the table and tapping it for mana.
>Tell him he can't do that it's a sorcery once it's cast it resolves and goes to graveyard.
>Tells me it says mana source so he can.
>Explain to him how rules get updated and cards get errata'd
>Kid spergs out - repeats the word Mana Source over and over in an attempt to drown me out while his playmates flap their jowls in agreement while spouting out "house rules"
>Fuckthisshit.jpg
Needless to say I avoided them like the fucking plague.

>Be stationed in UK.
>At base theater to catch opening weekend of 3rd LotR movie.
>Delay in start because of brief presentation from group of LARPers.
>Did a quick demonstration of how they play with foam bats while alluding to the idea that if we like those kind of movies how we would enjoy wasting our free time being fully immersed in that world. (They meet up on Sundays at the park next to the Taco Bell)
>Theater is packed/dead silent with the exception of myself and my friends whose sides are orbiting the planet. Everyone else seemed to be in a state of shock.

>Hanging out at friends place watching UFC or NFL don't really remember, eating pizza drinking beer.
>Conversation turns to nerdy topic (possibly due to WoW commercial)
>Admit to playing D&D
>What, Anon? You mean you and your buddies wear armor and swords and shit and talk about your level 7 wizard named Gandalf shooting lightning bolts from his staff.
>*inches from his face* He's a sorcerer and he didn't kill all those children in their sleep to be lumped in with a group of babbies first spellbookers...hes level 16.
>Awkward silence.
(Found out shortly after he plays fantasy football/baseball - gave him so much shit)
>>
>>54937196
They're
>>
Mum thinks any non-mainstream nerdy thing is weird but can't actually give reasons why. I just started ignoring her when she commented on it and she eve really got bored and started picking on another aspect of my life.
>>
>>54934821
Even by neighborhood the range is extreme. My high school was great (for a public school), but it's sister school across town was a complete zoo where the apes had taken over.
>>
>>54929100
Dark eldar love humiliation. It's key to CBT
>>
>>54932806
>why don't you guys want govt CCTV in your house?
>if you aren't a criminal you should have nothing to hide, right?
>>
>>54932987
The general consensus over here is that if Yellowstone blows, everybody in the US is gonna get the chili-pipe one way or another. It will affect people on the other side of the PLANET. At least here it'll be over instantaneously.
>>
File: american school.png (772KB, 963x791px) Image search: [Google]
american school.png
772KB, 963x791px
>>54930817
>>
>>54930817
>how bad are things over there you need to have "school cops"

Half the country has convinced itself that gun-ownership is a human right, on the same level as free speech or judicial due process, to be permitted to all people no matter how crazy they are or how murderous their intent. This is because of a comma in the constitution, which caused an authorization for well-organized state militias to be reinterpreted into a right for every looney-toon in the country to pack heat.

And on top of that, our government is unwilling to upgrade the mental health infrastructure. So you get people with longstanding untreated mental illnesses, and well-funded gun lobbyists defending their right to wield deadly weapons. And these guys get fame for their murders too -if you kill enough people, then your name and face are all over the news for weeks.

Gunmen slaughter schoolchildren every year, and have even attacked congressmen, but the nations' gun laws have barely budged. So the only politically-viable answer is to put armed police in every school in the vague hope they might stop the inevitable gun-toting disgruntled student or alum. Usually it's just one or two cops per school though. It's not like every hallway has a cop in it.
>>
>>54937842
It's more that the violence and drugs in the shitty public schools is a byproduct of poverty and how the schools are run rather than American gun policies
>>
>>54937842
My high school never had a shooting but several stabbings. Your argument is irrelevant.
>>
>>54937924
It's not a simple issue. Many of our systems do not help peoples' mental health, and at the same time our gun policies make it easy for those troubled people to get very deadly weapons, despite clear indications that they should not have them.
>>
>>54937842
>conveniently leaving out how the overwhelming majority of mass shooting locations don't allow open or concealed carry

You don't see this shit happening in places like Kentucky where we can openly carry as long as we're non-felon citizens. You're 100% correct that the mental health system has gone to shit ever since sanitariums were scrubbed out of prominence, though.
>>
>>54930850
Wasn't there a case recently that one had to shoot kid down after the kid pulled knife at classmates?
Or was that regular cop that just happened to be nearby school?
>>
>>54930817
Yeah, but at least cops at our school were bribeable. Getting him to confiscate shit then getting your pick of the loot was awesome.
>>
>>54937979
Not that guy but we need a better screening process for purchasing guns but otherwise I'm fine with firearms
>>
>>54937979
We also don't see it happen in Britain, South Korea, or other advanced countries that make it difficult for everyone. Part of it is our inconsistent patchwork of gun laws. I could buy a gun in a more permissive area in the USA (or use a loophole like a gun show) and take it to a more restrictive area to commit murder there.
>>
>>54938001
I hate to devaluate your precious memories, but the truth is every cop is bribeable.
>>
>>54929111
Holy shit a fellow anon from Wyoming. You don't see this often.
>>
>>54936161
The slightly broken bits of laugh track remaining, as well as the awkward pauses to let the laugh track play, kill what little humor there is. But f they ditched the awkward pauses to make all of their lines quips the episode would be half as long. But it would be much improved because we'd mentally skip the lines that are just lines and get to the actual jokes faster. For fucks they have laugh track for mere back and forth banter that doesn't even sound like it was meant to be funny... it's four word lines,, get out and get to your spot to begin the real joke and SAY THE JOKE.

...it's like, 5 jokes at best per episode and a ton of padding with awkward pauses they fill with laugh track to stretch it out. So it's just Friends with nerd references.
>>
>>54936178
>>54936199
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaVcpfncOWs
>>
>>54938028
Not every cop, but all the important ones. ;)
>>
File: IMG_0440.jpg (252KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0440.jpg
252KB, 1024x679px
>>54935349
Try moving an angry mouse spider or brown snake on a fucking board and see how well that works out for you.
>>
>>54938022
You don't see it in plenty of countries that don't make it difficult for anybody either.
It's pretty much a uniquely american cultural problem.
>>
>Said one time to my more casual friends that I wanted to play something other than D&D every once in a while
>they thought I meant I didn't like D&D and stopped inviting me to it, but I'm still invited to Shadowrun and DH
>>
>>54938092
Examples?
>>
File: nostep.gif (111KB, 326x244px) Image search: [Google]
nostep.gif
111KB, 326x244px
>>54938092
We also have to take into account that we have a huge country, each state is practically a country in itself.
Also here in Wyoming guns are everywhere and we have very low murder rates. That is even with the Native reservations (where most of the crime happens anyway).
>>
>>54938022
Yeah, you get truck massacres. Get rid of your mudslides dipshits.
>get a life lose the knife
>>
>>54932902
>there was a school cum dumpster being whored out by a 14 year old with a gun
Kinda hot desu
>>
>>54929055
>normies

don't you need to get back to /r9k/? There's another tfwnogf thread waiting to be started, faggot.
>>
>>54929055
>"Geez, Anon, this kind of stuff is why you're not getting laid."
Promptly countered by remark about the reluctance of my rare few single attractive female friends to put out.
>>
File: 1316732030119.jpg (36KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1316732030119.jpg
36KB, 256x256px
>>54930817

>school cop

What's it like, being the Eternal Yank?
>>
File: IMG_0465.jpg (155KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0465.jpg
155KB, 640x480px
>>54938262
P. good desu
>>
>>54938256
I realize OP reeks of R9K but I can sympathize, the more casual 5E players drive me up a wall
>>
>>54938022
There are laws against that already. You can only buy guns in the state you reside in. If you want a gun for sale in a neighboring state, you need to have the transaction performed by a FFL in your state, and that involves a NICS check.
>>
>>54929055
>talking to normies about your hobbies

why tho
>>
>>54938280

In fairness I can't argue with that. Also your cheap booze.
>>
>>54938299
The cheap booze is not great, but I don't drink much anymore so not an issue for me. Plus that would cut into my Warhammer purchases.
>>
>>54938193
>Also here in Wyoming guns are everywhere and we have very low murder rates.
You have low people rates
>>
>>54938091
I think he means that with the strange human phenomenon of not preferring media that resembles your reality why would you prefer nids when you live with so many creatures that are on nid level.

The anon failed to realize there are just as many people that prefer media that have a closer resemblance to their experiences.

At no point did anyone suggest you use actual spiders for your army.
>>
>>54938342
That's not how a murder rate, or any rate, works.
>>
>>54938342
We do indeed, and I think it shows that people are the problem not the guns. We are ridiculously armed and could have Syria level shootouts on a whim but we don't, because we are not animals.
>>
>>54938342
Seriously, the guns per capita rate in Antartica is absurd, but their gun related murders per year rate is fantastically low.
>>
>>54938350
>At no point did anyone suggest you use actual spiders for your army.
That would be fucking terrifying.
>>
>>54933014
...that's actually some comedy gold right there. Stolen.
>>
>>54938022
To be fair I think the gun ownership thing is also retarded since very few of the arguments for allowing it remove the fact that if there were no guns the problem would be way less dramatic, but it's not like America is going to manage implementing a Britain style system any time soon even if their government wanted one. The place is too big and the attitudes too entrenched.

Also, I can't criticize shit in other countries right now, since Britain has decided to go full retard and then backstab all the sensible people left. Sodding hell.
>>
>>54938467
I feel for you guys over there. I am however strongly for gun ownership and the 2A it is that little bit of threat to those who rule that their power can be taken away. It is part of our culture even if we are not showing it well these days but it is always there especially in the west and mountain west.
it is pretty odd to me, a person who has been shooting firearms since I was 4 and when I meet up with exchange students in their 20s who have never even held a gun before. I do love seeing their faces when they get to shoot them though it's priceless.
>>
>>54937969
No, retarded parents do.
>>
>>54938022
Yes we do; our last mass shooting was only a few years ago and we've had several high profile terrorist attacks this year. Gun control does nothing to keep the public safe
>>
>>54938022
Gun control doesn't work. https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm199900/cmselect/cmhaff/95/95ap25.htm?utm_source=supporter_message&utm_medium=email
>>
File: 1465190529726.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1465190529726.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>54937842
Haha cute
>>
>>54938555
>Gun control does nothing to keep the public safe
Especially ever since the nutjobs figured your average car is much easier to acquire and about as efficient at causing indiscriminate mayhem.
>>
>>54938595
Probably more so, being effective with a firearm actually takes practice and training.
>>
>>54938384
>block of ice infested by scientists and penguins
>country ingested by dindoos and neo-nazis
>>
>>54938595
Exactly. This nonsense is making the Home Office terrified because there's nothing they can really do to act on this other than crack down on the nutters, and they can't do that without admitting there's a problem.
>>
>>54929055
>These rules are way too complicated, let's play dice.

My dad says this every time I bring a game over, usually while drinking scotch, then has a blast once I finish the belabored read through and we actually
play. He gets really grumpy and an a huff, but by the end of the game talking about how much fun he had and house rules to make it better. Father's a particular like that, and I imagine it'll be my fate to be such one day as well.
But I guess it's just the way it is as there's no way to make game rules not a total root canal.
>>
>>54938611
This. I've seen people starting off doing practical shotgun repeatedly miss a stationary target at under 10 yards.
>>
>>54938555
>Gun control does nothing to keep the public safe

How would you know?

America has never had any control over people getting guns

>herp derp felons and such

People pick up their family members gun, or take their neighbors gun that's just lying around.
>>
>>54938636
My favorite example is a good buddy of mine, he bought a really nice Daniel Defense AAYYY EERR and put on all the tactical goodies, red dot sight foregrip and what not and he still can't hit shit at 25 meters. The gun does not make the shooter.
>>
>go inna high school
>played magic long time ago
>start talking huge burly hairy kid from one of the wrongest side of the tracks in town
>he used to play magic too
>we play magic
>another nerd joins in
>chads come up
>three years of stereotypical nerds and chads playing magic, vidya and getting hammered together

Was a good time.
>>
>>54938655
if you remove blacks and hispanics from americas murder rate it's actually on the same level as most of western europe
>>
>>54932806
My roommate had to do the same thing, except the last transfer he made was to me, who he labled "Tyrone Cuntface"
>>
>>54938655
>what is california
>what is new york
>what is chicago
>what is washington DC
>what is the NFA, the GCA, the FOPA, the AWB?

You're living in an age of gun control right now, and it used to be even stricter, in the late 90s/early 00s.

Ofc, even in places like Austrailia, without a gun culture, biker gangs still make their own, because guns are impossible to ban effectively.

A PA Luty SMG (either 9mm/.380 or even compressed air if you don't want to handload ammo) is 100% off-the-shelf hardware store parts.

Good luck banning wood screws and plumbing m8.
>>
>>54938719
and if you remove everybody but blacks and hispanics it would be in the same level as most of eastern europe
>>
>>54938521
I've shot a fair few guns, there's a shooting range fairly close to my house in an old train tunnel and it was a regular excursion when I was in the various Scout groups. Gone hunting a bit too since I have some uncles who are into that, but I didn't really enjoy it. It's certainly a cultural thing, though, since the actual target shooting was fun but I honestly prefer archery, and I was a decent shot. There's another national stereotype for my collection, I suppose.

The whole "protection from the government" doesn't make much sense to me, since it seems like half the military would be on your side. More, probably, and if they weren't I suspect you wouldn't be able to do much. Get more people killed in pointless last stands, maybe.
Not really a political issue I get particularly driven about, though. Personally I think we can get WAY more done to help people if humanity gets their act together and puts research money into biosciences and nuclear power rather than better guns and more soldiers.

Heard of Norman Borlaug? Not many have, but he saved about a billion people from starvation by crossbreeding and planning out crops for less developed countries. If all humanity was as badass as him we'd be the fucking Culture already.
>>
>>54937979

You do see it happening in places like Oklahoma where we can also openly carry.
>>
>>54938655
Because I've studied the subject at some length. It's not access to firearms or amount of guns per capita that causes gun violence. The US stands out because it's got a huge population and because of the large amount of gang violence within it. Without access to firearms, people either acquire them illegally (see Mexico and other very violent countries with strict gun laws) or just use other methods. In addition, gun control of types of firearms doesn't make sense; the last mass shooting in the UK was done with a bolt action .22lr rifle and a double barreled .410. Meanwhile you can still own centrefire revolvers and rimfire semi-auto handguns if they're above a certain length, which does nothing to prevent their use in crime and spree shootings as anyone acquiring them legally for these purposes will just saw them down.

Banning types of guns doesn't stop mass killings using firearms or massacres in general. Neither does prohibiting access to firearms; in France, you can own blackpowder firearms without licenses, like air rifles in England and Wales. Yet, despite it being pefectly viable to load up say three revolvers and go on a rampage, it hasn't happened. Or in Switzerland where again, military surplus bolt actions of Swiss origin can be owned like air rifles here; purchased freely with just an invoice.

It is a cultural and societal thing that prevents mass gun violence. Even when Britain had no gun laws prohibiting ownership, gun crime was far lower than in the US.
>>
>>54938674
Precisely. I'd advise him to pick up an air rifle or a little .22lr bolt action or self-loading rifle and go and practice the fundamentals first.
>>
>>54938742
>A PA Luty SMG (either 9mm/.380 or even compressed air if you don't want to handload ammo) is 100% off-the-shelf hardware store parts.
What about ammo?
>>
>>54938350
This Anon gets my point.
>>54938402
>Youre not the Guy at your local game store that catches, kills and dissects the wonderfull insects of your home, covers them up with plastic and greenstuff, and paints them in the colour sheme of hive fleet kraken.
>>
>>54938788
Norman Borlaug is a true saint, humanity is in that mans debt in ways we could never pay back.
I kind of get the whole you could not fight the govt thing, it would be hard but it is likely a lot of the military would help us, all the personal gun ownership does is make sure there are more rifles on our side. The big issue for me is personal and home protection, not that I would likely ever have to use them for this but if you do need to and you don't have them well, that it.
As far as interest, black powder rifles and pistols is my real passion, don't get me wrong I love my ARs and AKs but there is nothing like the process that old muzzle loading firearms force you to contend with.
>>
>>54938858
I try anon, he has all of those things as well but he just never puts the time in. I even try to get him to come to classes with me and he is just lazy.
>>
>>54938039
This makes me wonder, where are most anons from? For each board?
>>
>>54938941
I also frequent /k/ and a lot of them are in Montana but I have never seen a Wyoming fag out himself.
>>
>>54938965
I'm from St. Louis myself.
>>
>>54938871
You can make that from scratch. It's time consuming but fairly easy.

Easier to make a shotgun shell for a slam bang shotgun though.
>>
>>54938908
>tfw British, have been shooting since a young age, shot at school for sports and club, shot at university, and have to go through all sorts of shit just to keep doing what I love and random ass American who owns more guns than I ever will (and could own more) doesn't even bother to put the time in to get basic marksmanship down.

Makes me annoyed to be honest. Some people just squander what they have.
>>
>>54938892
But here's the thing: You CAN fight a modern military with just rifles and improvised munitions. Especially in a civil war, where large parts of the military will either run interference (selling munitions, allow sabotage, letting militants escape a combat zone, etc) or just outright defect and bring their hardware with them.

America knocked over Iraq's army in a week, the insurgency lasted over a decade. Given the fact American citizens tend to be more educated on top of having access to more resources, an occupying army is in deep shit. Arms were highly regulated in Saddam-era Iraq, and private American citizens have access to pretty much every non-ordinance weapon the military does besides belt fed machine guns. You can convert an AR15 rifle to full-auto with nothing more than a strip of metal and a power drill.

People want to harp about fighter jets and tanks, but a jet can't raid a house looking for weapons, a tank can't guard a politician in his office. Occupation takes boots on the ground, and infantrymen are allergic to bullets. Even then, jets have to land to rearm, and just one sentry willing to look the other way compromises airfield security. Tanks are notoriously vulnerable to large IEDs, and with the glut of munitions and ordinance a civil war implies, a few 155m shells, some copper wire and a cheap cell phone is more than a fair trade for a multimillion dollar fighting vehicle and the FAR more expensive crew.

In an American civil war, the government loses unless it's willing to massacre civilians on a large scale. If that happens, even larger sectors of the population than were originally fighting are willing to rise up.
>>
>>54939276
>America knocked over Iraq's army in a week, the insurgency lasted over a decade.
America came to Iraq as a liberating army, not a conquering army. By that I mean conquering army could afford to be far more ruthless in enforcing order and suppressing resistance.
>>
>>54937842
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>54939128
I go to these Appleseed events they teach the Army Qualification Test and it is amazing how many people who have been shooting forever struggle with it. Granted it is not an easy thing to do, but I have qualified with an AK and some dude even did it with the Garbage rod aka Mosin Nagant. There are definitely really good shooters here.
>>54939008
Gillette Wyoming here I wish I was back in Sheridan though having the mountains close was awesome but work happens.
>>54939276
Also fueling those vehicles is a supply line nightmare especially is small group disrupt those supply lines. You are right though it would suck and be very hard to fight a modern military like the US military. I think public opinion would be a huge enemy for the US govt. If they go to hard they lose and if they don't they lose. the rifle is not the end all be all weapon like it was in the revolutionary war but it is still a very powerful tool and Americans on a whole are better shooters than anyone in the middle east armies.
>>
>>54939352
But who is the government going to use?
>>
>>54939352
The more civilians a military force is willing to kill, the more militants it creates. Most of the Iraqi insurgents weren't motivated by loyalty to the old regime, they were motivated by the fact the American army had killed a family member or destroyed their home. Ruthlessness creates disgruntled people with nothing to lose, prime material to be swayed by pro-resistance propaganda.

You don't win an occupation with bodycount, you just don't, it's not possible without killing literally everyone. America tried that in Vietnam, and all that approach did was swell the Viet Cong until they finally had enough strength to mount a conventional campaign (the Tet offensive). Now, the Tet offensive was a failure militarily, after it failed to make headway the VC integrated into the PAVN, but it was a stunning political upset that was largely responsible for the decision to leave Vietnam.

As for the "liberating army" bit, when the German Army initially invaded the Baltics, they were considered "liberators" too. Before the war the Soviets had occupied the Baltic states against their will. You know what happened? The minuscule amount of pro-Soviet partizens provoked exactly the measures you speak of, and became such a thorn in the side of the Germans that they contributed significantly to the sweeping Soviet advance.

Ruthlessness does not win an unconventional war, it loses it. Plus, it gives every other nation on the planet just reason to support the rebels. Occupying America would be hard enough as it is, with Russia and China shipping in top-of-the-line MANPADS, ATGMs it becomes impossible.
>>
>>54936142
Good band. Weird fucking fans, blame the music video to lone digger.
>>
File: 11003248934.jpg (30KB, 720x464px) Image search: [Google]
11003248934.jpg
30KB, 720x464px
>>54938613
>country ingested by dindoos and neo-nazis
Fucking vorefags ruining my country!
>>
>>54929507
our 'school cop' was a huge nerd.
I had a 40k book I was looking at, my friends liked to look at the mini gallery in the back
and he comes up and is like 'oh hey is this like D&D? I use to play that all the time when I was in high school'

He was a cool dude.
>>
>>54932797
Is this still a thing? Game was kinda cool.
>>
>>54929055
>normies
Reminder that the term "normie" is a normalfag friendly version of said term. Go back to facebook
>>
>>54938858
Canadafag here, interesting in going deer hunting in the future. Everyone is recommending I get a shotgun, because you can hunt just about anything with that, but I much prefer the idea of a rifle, even if I only end up going to the range. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions regarding that? I already have a gun cabinet, I've just been sitting on my thumbs with regards to the actual purchase.
>>
>>54937823
This looks entertaining, sauce?
>>
>>54931314
Your father thinks you are a gay little bitch anon.
>>
>>54940692
For hunting I would go with a bolt gun in 308 30-06 or 270, but f you want a fun rifle to have some fun at the range with while still being able to hunt with it I would got with a VZ58 I don't think they are you guy's ban list.
>>
>>54940692
For deer stalking, a decent bolt action rifle in something like .308 or similar round will do the job fine.
>>
>>54938941
North Dakota here, currently residing in sunny Minnesota.
>>
File: 1486078712553.jpg (175KB, 355x504px) Image search: [Google]
1486078712553.jpg
175KB, 355x504px
>>54929055
>Oh yeah, I know someone who collected Warhammer stuff, but he stopped and decided he'd rather get laid.
>>
>>54940552
Your terminology only gets more depressing the more you change it, /r9k/.

>>54929055
The best was when we had the monthly hobby night at the local GW and a bachelorette party went past and randomly decided to mingle with the group of uncomfortable losers moving their army men around, most of whom had shown up looking like they were not expecting any females to be present in a five mile radius. So we ended up having a bunch of drunk as fuck normie women cheering on games of Warhammer. It was beyond mortifying.
>>
>>54942289
Sounds awesome desu.
>>
>>54930959
Nah, man, it goes something like this

/r9k/>/a/>/vg/>/v/>/tg/
This board is still way the hell away from normal, but it's still comparatively tame.

>captcha: mexico vibradores
aaalrighty then
>>
i've seen bits of the episode where they actually play and its make me wanna die inside

something about a treant that talks like christopher walken
>>
>>54932797
I fucking loved that game
>>
>>54942918
Shame it got so repetitive. After a while every game just felt the same, especially the video game.
>>
>>54937227
This is a false.
Taco Bell doesn't exist in the UK.
>>
>>54942080
nebbie is not for lewd
>>
>>54942800
What is this post
>>
>>54939679
>The more civilians a military force is willing to kill, the more militants it creates

That's propaganda Americans tell themselves. There are a few academic studies contrasting COIN theatres, especially Eastern Europe.

The takeaway is that attempting to plot a middle path is what sinks counter-insurgency; not befriending or brutalizing populations.
>>
>>54937842
Cease stepping on snek right now.
>>
>>54933014
That's pretty hilarious my dude
>>
File: 1497664787837.jpg (169KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1497664787837.jpg
169KB, 623x414px
>>54945013
>>
>>54937128
underrated comment right here, I appreciate you anon
>>
>>54930616
This.
This many times.
Normies are just nerds-to-be.
>>
File: 1491212577639.jpg (59KB, 891x264px) Image search: [Google]
1491212577639.jpg
59KB, 891x264px
This isn't a negative thing, but I'm a boomerang kid living with my parents, and every time I leave to go to my game, my elderly dad shouts

>"I hope you win!"
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (129KB, 800x697px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
129KB, 800x697px
>>54950828
That is so fucking adorable. 0 snark intended, GO DAD!
>>
>>54942772
Is /jp/ or /r9k/ the worst board?
>>
>>54950828
>boomerang kid
???
>>
>>54950874
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomerang_Generation

Tldr: It's someone that moved out from their parents' house, then moved back in later, usually because they're fuckin broke and have student loan debt.
>>
>>54950859
definitely /r9k/. at least /jp/ knows how to have fun
>>
>>54935392
I dunno, Adelaide seems to fit the bill.

I had a friend who lived in Sydney for 20 years, and only got mobbed roughly 3 times during those 20.

When he moved to Adelaide, it was three times in a month.
>>
>>54950893
Oh, that sucks anon
>>
I just don't talk about my hobbies very much IRL, aside from the more "normal" ones. Though.. the denizens at my FLGS are super groggy to the extent it makes you feel a little uncomfortable.
>>
>>54933014
With tarot cards it makes more sense.
>>
>>54930616
This. Once you get a bit older you find people ease back on being conspicuously adult and start to take an interest in perceived childish hobbies again. I think it has something to do with everyone getting more busy and stressed, they compare their Monday night to mine where I get to go play pretend for three hours and kind of envy it.

This happens with nearly all my /tg/ hobbies:

>What're you playing?
>Magic, it's kinda like Pokemon/Gwent/Hearthstone but a bit more complex
>Oh OK, what's going on then?
cue intro game

>What're those models?
>One of my wargames, they're like army men with rules
Alternatively
>Oh shit nigga, is that Warhammer!?
Turns out loads of people my age in the UK played Warhammer 40,000 as kids and are delighted to see it still exists.

So with roleplaying people ask me if it's the Big Bang thing, I say basically yes and they kind of nod their heads, like a quarter will immediately start angling to give it a go and the other three quarters nearly always ask more questions about it later. It turns out roleplaying is fascinating as a concept, loads of the people I've explained it to have been hugely receptive.
>>
>>54950984
>sensible, restrained answer uncluttered with hysterical overly-reductionist generalisations
Leave /tg/ and never return, this place is not for you
>>
>>54938402
>That would be fucking terrifing.
only if you're incompetent at spider training.
I've trained my spiders to roll a d6, calculate wounds and modifiers for me. It's easy enough. Only hard part is making the tiny banners for them to wave.
>>
>>54950984
This.
Honestly, I feel like a lot of people's problems on this board stem from them getting pissy instead of considering the other person's situation.
So many people here would wince and try to get the fuck out if they heard an uninitiated comparing their favorite system to Big Bang Theory shenanigans, but how would they know anything about the hobby other than what they've been exposed to? Remember, at some point, you too knew jack shit about these things and probably said some stupid shit.
So instead of shooing away all the normal people who show genuine interest in a potential hobby, and then complaining about only having sperglords in your games, invite a curious potential comrade to see how playing looks. Maybe it'll stick, and you'll have a new friend that you didn't drag from the depths of internet degeneracy.
>>
>>54950893
shit, I live with uncle and grandparents and I can't move out or the old people will die and then the loser will get the house and then lose the house thanks to child support.
>>
>>54943092
There are two in Sheffield and I assume more elsewhere. Never eaten there, but they exist.
>>
>>54951080
I normally just say "you make a numbers dude and try to keep them from dying. Talking helps."

my mother was an AD&D nerd that dropped acid before her games.
she hand carved her minis
I can't find good acid for my games
>>
>>54931314
My dad has a larger miniature collection than I do

At one point he had a copy of every DnD mini in existence all displayed on the walls of his gaming room

It's what got me into pen and paper
>>
>>54943092
There's been one or two for years now and they're starting a fairly rapid expansion.
>>
>>54937842
Half the country, meaning the Supreme Court?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._City_of_Chicago
>>
>>54951146
Aw man, I envy you.
I want a cool dad, why do his hobbies have to be boating, camping and fishing?
>>
>>54951122
I wanna hunt down your mom and marry her
>>
>>54950893
Sounds pretty normal for 90% of human history.

We have to remember that the economic situation for the West, especially for America, during the middle of the 20th century, was not normal in the slightest.
>>
>>54936088
>>54937070

>Australia is #2 on HDI
>one of the safest countries in the world
>entire country of Irish alcoholic dissidents and toothless anglo bread thieves managed to become one the best places in the world in ~230 years without even trying to compete

It's hard being the best
>>
>>54950984
>Once you get a bit older you find people ease back on being conspicuously adult and start to take an interest in perceived childish hobbies again.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

His Jesus allegory was a bit on the hamfisted side, but the man knew his shit.
>>
>>54929055
In post soviet countries tabletop rpgs constantly related to lotr larpers that plague local forests in 80s-90s. So if you tell some 30+yo you play tgs they instantly assume you one of those weird woodland faggots
>>
File: Hairy Japanese Bastards.jpg (26KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
Hairy Japanese Bastards.jpg
26KB, 500x378px
>>54938555
Our last mass shooting was Raoul Moat if I recall. That was seven years ago. We haven't had a school shooting in over 21 years. There were 14 separate incidents between the 1st and the 8th of August this year in the US according to the gun violence archive, which may or may not be biased or misleading in what it characterises as a mass shooting, but
the broader point about gun violence still stands.

I'm not saying taking away everyone's guns is a viable option, or even a good one, but don't pretend that stricter gun laws don't play a factor in why we have far less shootings in the UK my friend.
>>
File: IMG_0322.png (50KB, 187x176px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0322.png
50KB, 187x176px
>>54931138
>knife collection
>collecting things that just involve handing over money with no further input on your part
I'll let it slide if he spends his time tracking down originals of historical knives and bayonets, but I'm 99% sure this is not the case
>>
>>54952672
Except it doesn't at all. We've only had one school shooting in the UK's history despite gun laws being

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm199900/cmselect/cmhaff/95/95ap25.htm?utm_source=supporter_message&utm_medium=email

This goes over the history of firearms, violence rates, etc of British gun control.

In addition, read through these: https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/tag/1972-mckay-report/

The Dunblane Shooting is especially egregious as the Police completely failed to act over the concerns of the club and do their job as demanded of them by the law they put in place.

Also you can hardly call the Moat shootings a mass shooting; three shootings over the course of a few days compared to the Cumbria Shootings the month before. In addition, he had his firearm illegally, thus proving that gun control won't prevent it. You also focus entirely on guns ignoring the ease with which someone could use other methods.
>>
>>54952747
>We've only had one school shooting in the UK's history despite gun laws being far less restricted for most of the 20th century.
>>
File: Skinner Pathetic.jpg (175KB, 818x503px) Image search: [Google]
Skinner Pathetic.jpg
175KB, 818x503px
>Be with the missus
>Go into Games Workshop to pick up some paints/models
>She plays too, and sometimes gets stuff
>She gets hit on every damn time

I'm not threatened by them in any way, it would just be nice to not have spergs get so cringingly excited that someone with a vagina is paying even a passing interest in their hobby when we go to buy stuff.

Just another reason to add to my decade long distaste for the type of people who lurk in Games Workshop.
>>
>>54932500
>implying those thing do anything
Can't they just throw a bag over the fence. Walk past the detector and grab the bag later?
>>
>>54951827
i share hobbies with my dad, but shame his only hobbies are watching tv and crippling clinical depression
>>
>>54952773
At least you've never had pin some greasy piglet because he grabbed your wife's ass "on accident"
>>
>>54953011
Story? How did he react?
>>
>>54953087
Squealed like a pig?
>>
>>54952773
>Be 14/15 in GW
>it's a special evening for new players to come along and get to know the game
>12 year old kid comes in with a bunch of Space Marines which had not quite finished being painted.
>18+ year olds: "You can't play, your models aren't painted"
>Kid: "Sorry, I tried getting them done for tonight, they're mostly painted they just need finishing touches"
>18+: "No, you're not playing"
>Kid looks absolutely crestfallen

I remember thinking that, that kid's interest in their beloved hobby could easily have been killed that night, all because his models weren't 100% completely painted. It was a fucking beginners night, and his models were admittedly crudely painted, but basically done. The people who hang out in Games Workshop are elitist pricks, which is weird when you consider that they're mostly socially inept misfits who get treated like that by the rest of society.
>>
>>54929055
>Oh, I think Anon is the kind of person who's going to play Dungeons and Dragons when he's older
I'd been playing D&D for a year.
>>
>>54953185
>they're mostly socially inept misfits who get treated like that by the rest of society
You actually have the answer right there, anon. Everyone wants to be the bully, not the bullied. And people who were bullied for a long time are the worst because you'll never convince them they're not the victim.
>>
>>54953673
Yeah but like 95% of the time no bully thinks they're being a bully anyway
>>
>>54937842
Notice how nobody calls this /pol/ because it isn't rightwing
>>
>>54936142
I saw them last year, and They fucking rocked. Granted, I was in the front row of the pit dancing my ass off, but apperantly We were one of the liveliest crowds they've ever had.
Living in Seattle rules.
>>
>>54953813
>Notice how nobody calls this /pol/ because it doesn't sound like /pol/
What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>54953893
I think he's saying it's political discussion that's not being redirected.
>>
>wander into rec room
>younger sister is on the couch talking with friends over skype
>"heya smurfs, whatcha up to?"
>"were playing dnd."
>"cool, which edition?"
>stares at me blankly.
>"fifth? Third? 3.5?"
>"were just playing dnd."
>"yeah but what edition?"
>"WERE JUST PLAYING DND."
>>
>>54938020
I agree, I also want the ATF to keep digital searchable records of ownership and would like a gun found to be tractable like the vin number on a fucking car.

I would also like Firearm Ownership liability insurance to be a thing.
>>
>>54950893
Yeah, I had to boomerang after divorce...and I'm still struggling to get back on my feet.
>>
>>54954872
>tfw one of parents moves in with you after their divorce
the other one moved in with my brother
>>
>>54954531
oh so shes playing pathfinder
>>
>>54953087
He grabbed her ass, she busted his lip. Before he could recover I put him on his face, put my knee on his back, and twisted his arm around. He started squealing about how it hurt and he could breathe, so I just applied more pressure till he shut up. Owner threw a fit and tried to get me off him, I told him to fuck off and dragged the piglet outside where we waited for the cops. They explained to him that sexual assault is a serious offense while he just sat there sobbing. Owner came out and tried to get them to arrest me, saying I assaulted a customer and didn't pay for the kit that was still sitting on his counter, but they just told him to shut the fuck up and go back to his store.

Last time we went there.
>>
Am I the only one old enough to remember when normies thought that d&d was satanic?
>>
>>54937842
Get out numale, shoo
>>
>>54955872
no
>>
>>54937842
>I have never studied the legal history of the second amendment
Fuck off and die retard
>>
>>54954531
Probably the mmo, then.
>>
>>54956053
There's an Mmo?
>>
>>54929055
>entire group is STEM
>we are always laughing and joking
>yet, nobody is socially awkward
>>
>>54952672
Have you looked at your country's homicide rate before strict gun control?
Come the fuck on.

*X and Y are both true, therefore X implies Y*
Genius logic
>>
>>54956758
Sweet delusion
>>
>>54956758
Oh wow
>>
>>54937842
I'll admit I went to a pretty affluent high school and our SRO was an actual State Trooper on alternative duty instead of admin leave following a shooting. But he was cool, he'd talk pretty openly about most subjects with kids and wasn't too judgmental.

He was basically there to break up fights, and we'd have a few kids try to throw down pretty regularly (untreated mental health issues).

One of our nutters jumped me assuming I didn't know how to fight because I never went trying to start anything. He ended up crashing into the wall of lockers with me sitting on his chest. SRO comes down the hall and looks at me, shakes his head, says "Go cool off. I have to take this one to the principle's office. Meet me in study hall in fifteen minutes."

I didn't get in trouble because he'd figured out I was defending myself and not trying to pummel the shit out of the kid.

So they're not all complete assholes. I did get a lecture about brawling in public, though.
>>
>>54952672
>he thinks a reduction in one murder method is relevant because he doesn't know violence is fungible

Violent crime in the UK is significantly higher than in the US.

So are town-spanning child rape gangs and arrests for dissing muslims on facebook/twitter.
>>
>>54957333
>arrests for dissing muslims on facebook/twitter.

go home Breitbart you're drunk
>>
>>54930817
I only had a school cop in high school. While his reason for being there wasn't explicitly stated, everyone is well aware that the whole reason he was assigned to work in the school was because he was supposed to catch students selling drugs.

I'm sure if you really dug into it, you'd find some bullshit about "post 9/11 security measures" or "community outreach."

But he was there trying to catch the guys selling pot.
>>
>>54956473
The ones I know about are Dungeons and Dragon Online, and Neverwinter.

>DDO
DDO is very true to 3.5 mechanics, with only some adaptions to allow for a video game experience. It has full narration (at least it did for the first couple of quests I did). Working together (and making characters that work well together) was quite important.
Not a very good game, but OK for a bit.

>Neverwinter
Moves further away from the dnd mechanics, and is thus more welcoming to casuals (and also generally more popular). A very cool feature is that you can make your own dungeons, along with lore and npcs and so on. It works pretty well and you can share it with the public or your friends.
>>
>>54957364
>https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/arrests-for-offensive-facebook-and-twitter-posts-soar-in-london-a7064246.html

About 800 arrests a year for social media badthink (about 30% anti-muslim IIRC0, and that's London alone.

>https://www.theverge.com/2016/3/24/11297128/matthew-doyle-arrest-muslim-tweet-brussels
There's a representative sample.
>>
>>54929055
I have actually had someone say that to me when I was helping players through Only War character creation. Don't know why the fucker was there, his girlfriend clearly didn't want to be there either and was uncomfortable, he wasn't a player and just barged his way in to the conversation. Total frat fuck.

Getting the game going at a local viking mead hall-themed bar works sometimes. I've had a couple of sessions go very nicely there, but fuck random scum assholes that show up sometimes.
>>
File: No One Reacts Like Gaston.jpg (75KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
No One Reacts Like Gaston.jpg
75KB, 600x429px
>>54957454
>claim is made about violent crime
>retort to "fuck off, Nazi" is "le facebook memes arrests"
I swear you can't make this up. The whole Donald Trump movie is going to be perpetually subtitled "We swear we're not making this up."
>>
>>54952699
>NEET doesn't carry a pocketknife for daily tasks and therefore is unable to grasp the appeal of owning multiple knives
>>
>Me and a buddy meet two normie girls at a party
>Drunkenly mention DnD to one of them
>She gets really excited and asks to play
>we form a group and meet next week
>they're actually really good roleplayers despite it being their first time ever
>>
>>54952893
It's almost like people care more about the illusion of security rather than liberty. Imagine that.
>>
>>54951122
Your mom sounds awesome.
>>
>>54957638
sounds like a neat meeting place if it weren't so easy to be pestered
>>
>>54957882
Basically this, you're gonna end up with dozens of knives if you live in countryside because they're actually useful. Collecting modern "combat knives" or even worse "fantasy knives/swords" is cringe inducing though. Besides if you want to collect tools of killing, guns are far more fun and you can actually shoot them recreationally.
>>
>>54937790
Australia has some ground to be anal about imports, though, what with how they fucked up a pretty huge chunk of their ecosystem with alien species. Twice.
>>
>>54937070
American colonies were the penal colonies before that. You were sentenced to death for basically every petty crime in britain, and the only way to get off the hook was to go into an american colony as what was basically a slave on time. You were literally sold on the market to the highest bidder, who owned you untill you worked off your years, which could be more than 15 years. Until then you couldn't marry, you weren't allowed to get children, you had to do what you master told you. The only respects in which you were better than a slave was that they couldn't just kill you, cause you weren't a slave, but if you were disobedient they could just hand you back to the government who would execute you if you continued to be disobedient, and after working your years off you owned the clothes on your body and were a free man/woman.

So yes, America was a penal colony, basically all criminals took that kind of deal and were sent away, better than suffering for month in a dirty wet hole in britain before being executed.
>>
>>54929055
>oh anon, you're into board games? Well at least its not dungeons and dragons AHAHAHA
mfw
>>
>>54938092
The math checks out. There are guns everywhere in Switzerland, but I can't think of a shooting that ever happened there.
>>
File: Moon_Man_08.png (152KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Moon_Man_08.png
152KB, 854x480px
>>54929089
>>
>>54958220
>not whittling or carving with knives on a porch for maximum comfy

Sasuga
>>
>>54958644
Well, some of them were penal colonies.
Maryland, Plymouth (absorbed into Massachusetts), and Pennsylvania were religious-haven colonies, the Carolinas and Virginia were economic plantations, Florida was a Spanish colony before the USA got it, and Georgia was a penal colony.

Don't recall much about the rest.
>>
File: 1457189149460.jpg (222KB, 394x463px) Image search: [Google]
1457189149460.jpg
222KB, 394x463px
>>54931273
Hey, I went to one of those!

>>54932500
I can't speak to why they began as they did, but one only got installed at my old high school after hoodrats became the majority population in the student body, so take that as you will.
>>
>>54943092
I also go suspicious about this. According to Wikipedia for a long time the only two in the country were in US military bases.
>>
>>54930817

School cops are a very recent phenomenon. A decade ago only the worst of ghetto schools had one, and that's instantly how you knew that that area was ultra fucked.

Essentially non-existent prior to that.
>>
>>54952415
>>Australia is #2 on HDI
>>one of the safest countries in the world

Wut? Are you shitting me? Of course you have to be nice to each other. Your ENTIRE ECO-SYSTEM exists solely to try and kill you mofos! Low crime? Maybe... Safest? My ass! You know why there are never any movies where Godzilla shows up in Australia? Because even in spite of the fact he breaths fire, Godzilla knows not to go where there are shit-loads of great whites, giant salt-water crocs and fuckin' Funnel Web Spiders, not to mention every other goddamn poisonous thing that lives there.
>>
>>54958220
>Tfw I used to collect mall ninja garbage in my early teens
I've successfully transitioned to only things I'll actually carry/use.
>>
>>54959653
I didnt even know it was cringey until late in the game. I just kept to myswlf and read/played video games. When I started to get social and had a girl over I realized real fast
>>
>>54954531
>JUST dnd
So 4th edition?
>>
>>54938719
But if you also remove the poorest and most deprived members of Western European nations from their figures, their figures will be even lower...
>>
File: champ.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
champ.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
>Did you win?
>>
>playing in study hall back in high school
>teacher keeps coming up to our desks and interacting with us
>who's winning?
>you all work together to win? that's stupid
>grabbed dice off the table before or as they're rolled and rolled them
>called over to other students and ask them if they want to join
>grabbed me by the arms while I was stretching and pulled me back over the chair, hurting my back for the rest of the week
>>
>>54933708
That's a lot better than it used to be, actually. We've come a long way since the 80s. It's just that back in the day, the lack of the internet made things seem more like 'isolated incidents.'
>>
>>54957040
It's true. Blew my mind.
>>
>>54954282
>I think he's saying it's political discussion that's not being redirected.
/pol/ isn't the board for political discussion, though, it's the board for neo-fascist circlejerking.

Easy mistake to make.
>>
>>54932987
>fundies
Fucking liberal urbanites.
>>
>>54958336
Wait, you're saying the authorities were worried somebody might be importing ACTUAL TYRANIDS? Australia based PDF, fear the xeno.
>>
>>54936161
jesus christ its even worse
>>
>>54929055
>why do you have this framed? its stupid and you can barely see it

my mother asking my why i have a framed black lotus in my house
>>
>>54951059
Spider Codex is so broken in the new edition, they balanced it for England and Forge World but people are assembling their armies from cheap Australian elites.
>>
>>54961978
Then which one is for political discussion? It can't be all of the boards because 4chan can only have so much AIDS.
>>
>>54962375
>Then which one is for political discussion?
>>>/trash/
>>
>>54962375
None of the boards are for political discussion.. Boards can be classified as being for hobbies, porn, art, or autistic shrieking.
>>
>>54931726
Probably because a lot of adults that work in that school, or have kids in those school can conceal carry.
>>
>>54962258
The alien species are called "cane toads", "prickly pears", "rabbits", "foxes" and "deer". They're absolute cunts to get rid of and they just fuck up the place completely.

The worst part about the rabbits is that you can't even get rid of all of them, because they've become a main food source for wedge-tailed eagles, and so if you kill all the rabbits, then the fucking eagles die. You can't win with introduced species.
>>
>>54929055
If anyone mocks me for my childish hobbies and peter pan syndrome I just remind them that at least I have money to spend on whatever the fuck I want without having to worry about two shitspawn and an ungrateful sow of a wife. Then I show them my guitar collection.
>>
>>54962375
No-one actually debates or discusses politics these days. It's all about browbeating one another with opinions, devolving into fights, and no-one changing their minds in the slightest.
>>
>>54964938
Don't forget the insults and hyperbole.
>>
>>54930817
It's one guy that breaks up a fight whenever the hoodrats get into a fight
>>
>>54964414
The only good thing to come from cane toads is that they've given us a bit of a warning system for crazy people (read: Most of the country) who like killing them in tortuous and inventive ways. Like golf-clubs.
>>
File: 1501286696079.jpg (230KB, 893x895px) Image search: [Google]
1501286696079.jpg
230KB, 893x895px
>>54937842
>highest crime rates correlate more with socio-economic issues rather than how tight or loose gun laws are
>closer connection to mental health than gun culture/rights in school shootings
>but the actual solution is taking away human rights
>>/pol/
>>
File: 1500898907331.png (18KB, 80x86px) Image search: [Google]
1500898907331.png
18KB, 80x86px
>>54934067
>that gif
I don't know why its killing me but it is
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.