[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently I began running Curse of Strahd and I'd like to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: strahd.jpg (120KB, 1000x1394px) Image search: [Google]
strahd.jpg
120KB, 1000x1394px
Recently I began running Curse of Strahd and I'd like to try something that I think would be cool for Strahd himself. I've always liked the idea of someone other than myself (and not at the table) in control of the bad guy. I suspect it would create tension in the players knowing that there is literally someone out there that wants them dead as well as add a degree of realism/fairness knowing that this someone isn't sitting in front of them watching their every move.

So what I would like to propose is for someone to be my Strahd. It would basically consist of a couple emails or IMs once every two weeks. I'd ask a friend to do it, but they're all in this game. This person would decide when to reveal Strahd to the players, or when and what enemies to send to torment them, and whatever other devious things you can come up with. He'd be the shadowy figure behind the scenes pulling all of the strings.

Any takers?
>>
>>54927232
It's a nice idea.
A shame Curse of Strahd is a lackluster module that detracts greatly from what it's predecessors had in content and quality overall, coming off as a barebones adventure that lacks the variety and detail given to Strahd, Vampires, and the inhabitants of the dmeiplane of dread, whilst also returning many consistency errors not present since the very first adventure.
>>
>>54927714
What's so bad about it?

I don't have any experience with the prior iterations. The book was clusterfucked at times, but mostly workable.
>>
>>54927714 is full of shit
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.