[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gd/ here I need your help /tg/: I need to design a tabletop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1498540316354.png (139KB, 383x364px) Image search: [Google]
1498540316354.png
139KB, 383x364px
/gd/ here I need your help /tg/:

I need to design a tabletop game from scratch, problem is it needs to be fast and not too balls to the wall to the guy losing to flip out.

Where I can star? Any good systems you could translate to a fun setting?
>>
>>54920795

What's your genre? 'fast but not balls to the wall' is a pretty terrible starting criteria. Racing? Horror? Adventure? Fashion model runway?
>>
>>54920825

Well the main idea is to allow the players to learn something useful while having fun with the game.

I would like something with teamwork and limited resources so players can learn to make the best of any situation
>>
>>54920863
>Well the main idea is to allow the players to learn something useful while having fun with the game.

What's the lesson? You'll probably have to shoot towards that.

Teamwork and limited resources probably means you want some sort of co-op vs. an AI/Card drawing spawning of something, unless you have a genre in mind. If you're not implicitly putting a threat against the players, you can easily end up prisoner's dilemma situations. Dickbags will cause it anyway.
>>
>>54920880
>What's the lesson? You'll probably have to shoot towards that.

Stuff like geography, another language,math ,mythology that sort of things.

My first idea was something very simple. a bunch of bank robbers run away outta town but they car broke down in the middle of the highway; now they have to go to different towns to get parts to fix the car in a time limit before the cops catch with them. They have to delegate work and have strong teamwork to win.

I dont know, I not that good with this sort of things that is why Im asking help
>>
>>54920988

I'll be honest, I think you need to go sit down with a notebook and hammer out a bunch of stuff before you have anything workable. Look up some stuff on game design for what you're going to do. In general, board games are much faster based than role playing games; and then there's not really any sort of things as a 'generic' board game. The looser you get to cover more subjects, the less focused the game can be, and generally becomes less interesting.
>>
>>54921060

This.

Or just use Savage Worlds or look up "One Page RPGs"
>>
>>54921060
>>54921173

Will do, thanks /tg/
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24KB, 600x451px)
b4f.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
napoleonic/ victorian with a high fantasy twist , with the campaign being based around a SWAT like tacticool team doing operator shit.

use gurps as base and throw a bunch of shit together, rename stuff and then increase the lethality of both players and enemies while making sure to provide tools to promote tactical thinking and "plan making"
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.