[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there RPG combat systems that work without RNG and without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

are there RPG combat systems that work without RNG and without being free-form?
looking for something to use for tactics and resource management-oriented group combat.
>>
>>54920093
Do you consider drawing/maintaining a hand of a fixed size from a deck of 52 cards and using the value of a card played from your hand to resolve a challenge as RNG?
>>
>>54920093
>are there RPG combat systems that work without RNG
What's the point then?
>>
>>54920121
yes
>>
>>54920093
chess? but you name your pieces?
>>
>>54920093
So you want a solved game, mate?
>>
>>54920093
Gurps has rng, but the bell curve of 3d6 means that the higher skilled warrior will win 99% of the time
>>
>>54920093
The best you're gonna get are systems with dice pools
>>
File: 1476325746235.jpg (221KB, 1330x791px) Image search: [Google]
1476325746235.jpg
221KB, 1330x791px
make up some currency, like Tactic-Points (TP)
For example, attacking costs you TP, but the cost gets reduced if your enemy's evasion is lower than your to-hit stat, and higher if your target has a better stat.
Investing x amount of additional TP lets you evade attacks completely, but regaining TP requires you to spend actions for resting.
Enhancing the damage you deal becomes a matter of from which side you attack, weapons have a critical bonus that adds to the damage you do if you attack from behind or from the side.
TP can be spend to make some actions more effective, open up tactical possibilities etc.
>>
>>54920093

You could try larp with real crossbows.
>>
in some systems damage is a fixed value, but you still roll to hit. other systems you auto hit, but roll for damage. i haven't seen something where you auto-hit with a fixed number.
>>
Amber diceless
>>
>>54920093
A few, but I don't think any are geared towards "tactics and resource management-oriented group combat"
>>
>>54920517
any official system that does this?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.