[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /tg/ How long does it take you to read an RPG book? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1500978785705.png (391KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1500978785705.png
391KB, 512x512px
Hey, /tg/

How long does it take you to read an RPG book?

How many RPG books do you own physical copies of?

Picture unrelated.
>>
Forty books within sight of my desk, probably more scattered around elsewhere.

As for reading RPG books... That is a more complicated question. I tend to not read RPG books all the way through in one sitting. I'll go over the setting primer, skim the mechanics, go over the GMing section, go back to the mechanics, and bounce back and forth. It can be months before I stop reading a book, but at the same time I feel like I've 'read' it after the first couple of weeks, I'm just going over stuff to refresh my memory and help me remember it.
>>
Depends massively on the game. Short rulebook (<100 pages) can take an afternoon, maybe another one or two sessions to fully grok how everything goes together. Dnd sized stuff can take multiple days to get all the way through and repeat reading of sections to understand, thankfully a lot of the stat block stuff and items can be ignored until your actually prepping for play. Some are just abysmal messes, Shadowrun 5e took me several weeks to get through due to density and rules bloat, not to mention the abysmal editing. I'm still "reading" Nuemenon.
>>
File: 1423617944691.jpg (32KB, 322x294px) Image search: [Google]
1423617944691.jpg
32KB, 322x294px
>>54911431
>How long does it take you to read an RPG book?
Not very long, though I usually skim
>How many RPG books do you own physical copies of?
Maybe like five at most.... I have a lot of PDF's
>>
>>54911431
62 Books, most of them being splatbooks to specific game systems. I like collecting RPGs and most of them were either purchased used or were a gift.

It takes me a little under 9 to 10 hours to read a 400+ page rulebook cover to cover, books with less pages take less time and splatbooks only take an hour or two.
>>
>>54911431

I only have digital copies, aside from the PHB and DMG for D&D 5e.
I need about one day to get how a system works and the basics of play.
About three to understand it well and GM it.
>>
File: 1502595930272.jpg (46KB, 852x479px) Image search: [Google]
1502595930272.jpg
46KB, 852x479px
>>54911431
>How long
A couple of days before I consider it 'read'. I'll skim it first, then read the in depth bits I really like, then give it another once over.
>How many
I have around 30-40. 20 or so are oWoD and were purchased used off a friend who was clearing out his collection. The rest are nWoD, Fragged Empire and Degenesis.

And hundreds of PDFs from Da Archive.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.