[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought it was about time to have a thread on everyone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

I thought it was about time to have a thread on everyone's 2nd favorite science fantasy clusterfuck

Talk about the setting, the system(s), what you like, what you don't like, post art. Whatever.
>>
>>
>>54905389
I like the post-apoc parts of Rifts, less so the 50-million-man nazi army part. I mean the population numbers in Rifts are beyond retarded.

Best books:

>Old Mainbook
>New West
>Sourcebook 1
>Australia

Chi-Town Sourcebook when?
>>
>>54905593
Rifts' scale is absolutely nonsensical and inconsistent. It's just way too much shit crammed in a relatively small planet/country, especially considering the size and power levels of the forces in play. Most of earth should just be smouldering ruins by now
>>
>>54905389
The first one is Dungeons the Dragoning?
>>
>>54905671
A close third
>>
>>54905389
Who else lets wizards get cybered up in their games?
>>
Man I need to play RIFTS again. I love this broken, retarded ass setting with all my heart.
>>
>>54905671
or shadowrun
>>
File: lizard mechanic.jpg (147KB, 616x1000px) Image search: [Google]
lizard mechanic.jpg
147KB, 616x1000px
>>54905389
Anyone have any good random encounter charts for Rifts North America. Anywhere, really, would be helpful.
>>
File: drow infiltrator.jpg (146KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
drow infiltrator.jpg
146KB, 750x750px
Are there any black people in Rifts?

Blacknecks?
>>
>>54905389
I like these changes:

>Flying places far away is impossible. The changes to the magnetic field make inertial navigation impossible, and the magic in the air makes even flying by sight difficult. Why? Because, as the rules actually work, Rifts NA (and any place else with a moderately high tech society that has planes - relatively cheap 20th century technology) is actually not hard to traverse in mere days. A guy in a SAMAS can be across the continent in just a few hours. There HAS to be something built into the setting that makes that impossible, or the entire idea of uncharted wilderness just doesn't make sense (even if you just sent out unmanned Skelebot-hoverjets to make aerial maps of the entire co ntinent, it'd take... a few months, maybe a few years, at most?). Unpopulated or largely underpopulated still makes sense, because there's few reasons for people to live there.. but the CS and any civilization with planes would have a general idea of the layout of the entire continent. So, in my game, flying without using actual landmarks or a beacon of some kind is risky. You're just as likely to fly in circles for six hours and go almost nowhere as you are to actually make it 2000 miles away.
>>
>>54907591

>Even travel overland is risky. Without using landmarks and well traveled paths, you're likely to get lost. Same reasons as above. There's no GPS or inertial navigation that can help you. If you go slow, use the position of the sun, take a lot of measurements, and use the stars on clear nights, you can make it where you want to go reliably... but the operative word is SLOW. Kevin really intended it to be that travelling places took a lot of time. Even a "slow" road vehicle can do ~60mph in rough terrain - which means if navigation wasn't an issue, you could be across the continent in a few days, even driving, barring impassable terrain (super closely packed forests, mountains, rivers you cant cross). Hover vehicles make it even worse, because most of them can easily fly higher than the average forest and can traverse rivers, leaving only mountains. Ergo, in my game.. travel is difficult. Because magic is weird and other reasons.

>Radio doesn't travel the listed distances. Period. Even Laser communicators. Magic in the air, whatever you want to call it. Otherwise, you're almost never outside of communication range with civilization - ever. Anywhere on the continent. The distances listed are for perfect conditions if there is zero magic or other interference. You're going to be lucky to get half that, and most times, about a third of the listed distance.
>>
>>54907599
>Nothing smaller than a tank, APC, giant robot or other very large vehicle has a nuclear reactor. Period. Power Armors, Hovercycles, and smaller vehicles (like the ATVs and stuff listed in the RMB and elsewhere) have nuclear batteries. Basically, a rod of radioactive material surrounded by layers of a material that generates electrical current when exposed to radiation. This is then sealed up (so you dont die) and built into a dense battery and capacitor pack. It is still "effectively infinite" in its power generation, and in a lot of light-use cases - say, just walking around in your PA but not firing energy weapons, flying, or fighting - it even produces enough juice that the battery/capacitor portion isn't being tapped. Same with vehicles. Below a certain speed (20% of max speed) it doesn't drain the battery portion. Combat use or driving/flying at high speeds will drain the battery. Most of these batteries are good for ~12-24 hours of constant use, so if you're fighting for a few hours, and then resting, it's not an issue - but it does provide a way for the GM to ratchet up the tension. ("You've been flying and fighting for a long time and not resting and recharging, you're down to 30% on the battery.."). This also makes NG's new Solid-OX batteries a far more interesting solution, since some of them can run for weeks (but dont recharge). It makes it a much more interesting choice of power sources.
>>
>>54906893
All kinds of subhumans exist.
>>
>>54906893
This is what happens when an Indian fucks one with black, in Brazil it is very common
>>
>>54909594
>Great body , low IQ
>>
>>54909594
So you're saying "show bobs and vagine" works as a pickup line in Brazil. This is good to know, anon.
>>
Can you actually play Rifts?
>>
>>54905389
>Thinking the "Name" field means thread name
Welcome to 4chan, we were all newfags once.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.