[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My (Lvl 1, D&D 5e, Sword Coast) party took up the travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: gggg.jpg (268KB, 1280x675px) Image search: [Google]
gggg.jpg
268KB, 1280x675px
My (Lvl 1, D&D 5e, Sword Coast) party took up the travel on winding roads over mainly untamed wildlands that connect small villages and hamlets of standard D&D rural world.

What are some small events I could toss their way to make things interesting? Also, they are noobs and this could be a way to present Faerun, where they travel, a bit more.

Got any ideas, guys?

thanks
>>
File: archetype-cleric-travel.jpg (103KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
archetype-cleric-travel.jpg
103KB, 750x400px
bump
>>
Have em meet a traveling Gypsie women named Breena, who is in disguise an ancient silver dragon.

Have them come across pumpkins growing about everywhere, they ooze evil energy and are spreading like wildfire. This is the coming fruition of the pumpkin king.

Have them find a clue leading to the sunless citadel up near the mines of phendelver.

Have them meet traveling monks that use swords and would like to duel the characters.

Have a will-o wisp guide the characters to its grave and help them solve the mystery of the wisps death

Werewolves have been attacking all around daggerford, this leads in to curse of strhad

Have them uncover a huanted house that isn't really haunted and just a slave operation by drow to lead into, out of the abyss.

Have them be chased down by a legion of undead only to find their only refuge is in a lonely guard tower with barely enough supply.

Have them uncover small camps of dragon cultists, lead into Tyranny of dragons campaign.

Have them find, insert powerful animal or creature that needs to be slain because it is harassing stuff.

Just generate random encounter events.https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/3jfaqo/creating_random_encounter_tables_hex_crawl/

Hope this helps my dude best travels and plundering for you party.
>>
>>54900763
If you want any more ideas please let me know I have a few more.
>>
>>54900795
OP here.

Awesome stuff. Would not mind some more, but this is very cool so far.
>>
>>54901083
An Orc army has been marching around looking to work for the highest bidder.

A deranged sorcerer atop his tower has been causing storms and elementals to form around the area, he sits atop his mountain, laughing from his dementia, he holds the stormcallers bond.

A local engineer is looking for parts to help him build a small airship, the antigravity magic crystals are in a dungeon inhabited by dangerous creatures.

They step into the feywild for a bit, only to return to civilization 5 years later.

A coven of seahags on an island near a coastal village has been trying to summon a kraken.

While bumming it stumble upon a powerful artifact(eldritch tome, awesome weapon, and etc) somewhere nearby Larloch, The warlock king liches crypt. He wants it back, doesn't outright kill the players once receiving his artifact and actually employs them for a bit.

A group of Goliath Amazonians Barbarians stumble into the town, they are looking for technology to help them improve their life back on the edge of civilization.

Have them just stumble upon crazy unexpected shit, or better yet, be witness to it. 2 dragons beat the shit out of each as a whole forest is engulfed in primal magic rage. A necromancer literally just digging up graves in some long forgotten battle. Angel, Slaad, or another outsider literally planeshifts right next to the players.

Have them also come across the mundane, like random family of valor bards just bumming it in a little caravan on some little dirt back road behind an ancient grove forest filled with tree blights and gemstone caverns.

Go wild man. Also don't be hesitant to generate some encounters before hand just to have em ready. But still roll or have em roll just to see which they will encounter first. If you have good ideas use em, sometimes it can be better than randomly generated.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.