[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flames of War General /fowg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 66

File: 1408509300773.jpg (159KB, 615x520px) Image search: [Google]
1408509300773.jpg
159KB, 615x520px
Flames of War SCANS database:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms
---Includes our Late War Leviathan rules!
Official Flames of War Free Briefings:
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108

Current /tg/ fan projects - Noob Guide &FAQ, and a Podcast
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw
Quick Guide on all present FOW Books:
http://www.wargames-romania.ro/wordpress/wargames/flames-of-war/flames-of-war-starting-player-guide-the-books/

Archive of all known Panzer Tracts PDFs: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/nyvobnlg12hoz/Panzer_Tracts

WWII Osprey's, Other Wargames, and Reference Books
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
and, for Vietnam.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War

--Guybrarian Notes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eD3nkA51ddl3nmltKg0zsnfrOUhlWgcc4h5aqz-RFqw/edit?usp=sharing

http://www.400gb.com/u/1883935

Panzerfunk, the /fowg/ podcast.
http://panzerfunk.podbean.com/

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=1949 the Azul Division: no longer linkable off the main page

Which army do you play the most?
http://strawpoll.me/4631475

what actual country are you from?
http://strawpoll.me/4896764

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/drZbxvm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JWmbvVANUraO9ILWJZduRgiI9w4ZC3ytNUQE8rK7Xrw/edit?usp=sharing an "i want to get a starter set" for late war.

Do you play TANKS? what is the local scene / meta like? (multi)
http://www.strawpoll.me/12127794/r
>>
File: knacker.jpg (139KB, 1020x633px) Image search: [Google]
knacker.jpg
139KB, 1020x633px
Crunch a commie.
>>
is there new team yankee releases coming out soon? their website is atrocious and my LGS doesn't know much about Battlefront
>>
what should i buy to start a Soviet team yankee force? I'm guessing the Bears box but what else? Just small games for now (50-100pts)
>>
>>54900063
Bears is alright because it has Hinds, but Wolves has the better tanks. T-72s are pretty Garbo in points and abilities compared to T-64s. Yuri's Wolves is also cheaper, but you'll need to buy at least two more BMPs to field them as a recon platoon.
>>
File: t-64bv-final.jpg (641KB, 1170x704px) Image search: [Google]
t-64bv-final.jpg
641KB, 1170x704px
>>54900063
T-64s when they're out, BMP-2s, infantry to ride in those, and some AA and artillery.
>>
>>54900095
Right on so the Wolves and 2 or more BMPs
I'll need some infantry to put in the transports obviously, right?
>>
>>54900145
That and a shittonne more BMPs for a Motor Rifle Company. Max strength companies have 12 BMPs.
Four BMPs is a recce platoon.
>>
>>54900218
Wow 12! That sounds fun, I like the idea of playing a horde army in a game based around armor. Should I wait for the plastic motor rifle infantry or just grab whatever soviet shit my LGS has?
>>
>>54899989
Seems like an interesting game but the minis are kind of boring imo. I think I'll use dwarves and fantasy steam tanks as counts-as Russians.
>>
>>54900360
Where the hell are you getting 15mm fantasy minis? Do you have a bunch of Warmaster figs sitting around?
>>
>>54900111
checked
>>
>>54900316
I recommand wait for plastic, because many of metal RPGs are broken.
>>
>>54899989
I recently bought a Zvezda Panzer because it looked really cute and I thought it'd be a lot of fun to paint up, and now I'm considering buying into this scale. Is FoW worth getting into, especially if I'm pretty ignorant about the history of WW2?
>>
File: universal-carrier.jpg (57KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
universal-carrier.jpg
57KB, 600x461px
>>54900735
The perk of historicals is that 15mm Panzers are 15mm Panzers. You can use them for more than FoW, so they're a safer investment than perhaps buying minis from they-who-shall-not-be-named. If Flames went tits up tomorrow, you could just start playing Battlegroup or some other WW2 game.

But yes, FoW is still going strong although right now 4th Edition is being rolled out in stages. As such, there is (to no one's surprise) an edition war going on between people who say that V4 is fine and will only improve as they put out books for the other nations and eras, contrasted with people who say that V3 is better and V4 is a dumbing-down of the game and is the end of Flames of War. This same discussion happened when V3 was new.

Also, if you like cute vehicles, clap eyes on this tiny fucker.
>>
>>54900446
Not that anon, but there's a lot of 15mm scale fantasy out there. Not that anyone would want to.
>>
>>54900360
It'll be about as accurate as BFs handling of anything communist.
>>
>>54900821
The v3 switchover wasn't like this. BF openly stated recently they're going for stuff that sells rather than accurate lists, so one of the only good points in BFs favour is going away, namely that they had the broadest range. I'm feeling very, very nervous and if you love flames you should be too.
>>
>>54901297
Where did they state that?
>>
File: based korwin.jpg (62KB, 625x504px) Image search: [Google]
based korwin.jpg
62KB, 625x504px
>>54901258
Why can't you just get it that Commies are shit at everything.
>>
>>54901330
"[I] asked Phil about the 37mm guns and he said: "in the end it came down to playability. Having a single gun in an infantry platoon introduces a pile of complexities that are just not worth it. Instead, we decided to go with the option often followed (and formalised in the 1943 TOE) of grouping the 37mm guns into a company AT Platoon. This is both simpler in play, and gives the advantage of providing enough punch in the critical place to be significant while not burdening mobile operations with cumbersome guns."
"As for the GMC this came down to miniatures range and popularity. We have been making some conscious decisions as a company about how big the supporting releases will be for each book, trying to ensure that we have a good range of options for players whilst still keeping it manageable for retailers. The Flames Of War range has grown to the point where it is too wide for the majority of retailers to stock effectively and if they cannot stock it, customers cannot easily get it.
"In the case of the GMC we looked as the sales of it over it's lifetime and the reports from play testers about how it was performing on the table relative to other options and it was decided that we would not include it in the book. Moving forward we are going to have to continue to make tough choices about what is in the books and what is not. We don't make them lightly and we (as a team) definitely have robust discussion before committing to leaving anything out a book."
>>
>>54901527
So all you've got is some guy on a forum claiming he talked to Phil? This is a big problem with Battlefront - they don't communicate well so people just start taking community rumors for truth.
>>
File: IMG_0802.jpg (127KB, 750x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0802.jpg
127KB, 750x533px
>>54901588
Do you believe it now or do I need to have Phil come to your house and whisper it in your ear?

As far as I know they are going to keep selling things like Dianas and M3 GMCs. They just won't be supported in the books.
>>
File: 1454548399555.jpg (2MB, 2560x1571px) Image search: [Google]
1454548399555.jpg
2MB, 2560x1571px
/NVA/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mG3BvkT6YQ
>>
>>54901523
You forgot your cheers,anon!
>>
>>54901842
At least for now. Expect to see them quietly retired over the next year or two.
>>
>>54902397
I imagine what they retire will depend on sales. I mean if they have the mold and the kit is selling, why not keep it around? Though shit like the SU-76i or some random Romanian bastard tank... rip
>>
>>54902655
>http://www.mediafire.com/?8ciamhs8husms

I think they will keep most of them as 'special order' items. It is still a silent cash cow, especially if they do production in Asia. There must be somebody able to redo the worn out casting moulds over there?
>>
>>54902655
Speaking from a "We just put our first order in with BF in ages:
They won't sell the Chaffee box, the Panzer IV/70 V box is discontinued, and the T-35 box is also dead (they said they might be able to find one in England and ship it across the pond, but we're not getting our hopes up). They are very much killing SKUs off already, and not necessarily for niche shit.
>>
>>54902970
Panzer iv/70s aren't really a niche tank, they're in a lot of lists.

It'd be great to see them in plastic but of course battlefront might just decide to cut them out entirely.
>>
>>54902970
The fucking chaffee? Jess Christ BF must want to lose players. Are they hoping there's some huge market of historically illiterate people who want to play the fucking desert, a theatre most people don't know existed?
>>
>>54900111
Are those what i think they are, or it is a joke?
>>
>>54903396
>>54903513
Yeah, that was our reaction. The Chaffee still comes in blisters, and you can get the IV/70 (A) blisters, but we can't order the boxes for either. Which is bit of a problem when the locals want them. At least we can get Zvezda from our other distributors so the guy that wanted T-35s can still get some.
>>
>>54903583
Those are T-64BV as the image name says.
>>
>>54902970
>Chaffee box, the Panzer IV/70 V box is discontinued, and the T-35 box is also dead

I want to belive they are going to re-release them...

At least the Chaffe and the Panzer IV/70, right?
>>
>>54903723
From PSC?
>>
>>54903794
Armies Army
>>
>>54903961
Oh nice those guys make ASU-85s
>>
>entire selling point of BF is that their rules and model line are the most comprehensive out there
>dump everything to make melted plastic mans
I understand how hard it is to keep shit in stock with such a large line, but wouldn't it make more sense to simply make all the niche lines on demand? Even if prices have to go up a bit to support that, where the fuck else am I going to get a 15mm Romanian army? There are no good competitors for a lot of the SKUs.
>>
>>54904085
I don't think they'll be dropping entire nations. That seems unlikely to me.

What I do think is that they're probably taking a good hard look at their supply and demand issues and trying to figure out what is actually selling, and in what amounts.

It's a purely mercenary way of looking at things, but I can't blame them for wanting to cut costs, or eliminate money-sinks.

If very few people are buying Items X, Y, and Z it doesn't make sense to mass produce them at whatever cost, and store them in some dusty Indiana Jones style warehouse at another cost, until someone decides that they might need just one or two in their force.

Instead they *should* be focusing on items A, B, and C, which are selling really well, because they are the backbone units for whichever nation.

But what they should consider is something like production-on-demand for those units that people might only ever need 2 or 3 of. With the caveat that it would take however long to produce and ship based on their current production capabilities.
>>
File: thin your....oh god.jpg (291KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
thin your....oh god.jpg
291KB, 2048x1536px
Bump your paints.
>>
File: IMG_0765.jpg (55KB, 528x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0765.jpg
55KB, 528x370px
Ded gam
>>
>>54900720
roger that, went down to the lgs today and a guy showed me the models. The metal looks trashy, resin stuff isn't too bad.
>>
>>54902970
im a noob, were those plastic kits they don't sell or is it possible theyre recasting and repackaging them?
>>
>>54905965
spot on. I think the confusion everyones having is just BFs poor communication, but they at least post hobby articles still unlike GW (they used to have so many terrain, painting and converting guides for literally every army and now thats all gone :'( )
>>
>>54907715
damn those boys look sunburnt
>>
File: IMG_0977.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0977.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Does anyone weather their tanks? If so what techniques do you use
>>
>>54910196
Drybrush is all I do at 15mm.
>>
>>54910048
Resin and metal. BF tend to stop producing boxed sets after a while and sell the models as blisters.
>>
>>54910225
Right on, brown for mud and dark orange for rust should be good enough?
>>
>>54910303
>rust
I literally just drybrush on a light brown. I do it over the whole vehicle but I go a little heavier on tracks and the bottom. Less is more at 15mm.
>>
>>54910365
ill give it a shot! thanks
>>
File: IMG_7125.jpg (20KB, 468x264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7125.jpg
20KB, 468x264px
>>54910196
>pigments
>sponge chipping
>drybrushing
>washes
>filters
>gw technicals
>streaking
>oils
>stipling
>fronding
>thread feathering
>graphite pen
I got all sorts of game when it comes to weathering.
>>
>>54910785
What are some basics I can try? Looking for rust streaks, mud, exposed metal/chipped paint and battle damage
>>
>>54910913
My personal view is that you shouldn't really do rust on a lot of tanks. Most tanks didn't sit around long enough to start rusting. Chipped paint is easy enough if you get a bit of foam, usually from the BF Blister, dip some of it in silver paint and then use it to scrape some of it off on areas that would get scraped up, like track guards.

If you're doing German tanks, then it's important to remember that they had Red Oxide Primer, so a lot of scraping will expose that.
>>
>>54910913
I drybrush everything with a small amount of vallejo iraqui sand, works great to give a bit of dustiness and accenturate edges.

You can also try sponge chipping. Take a small piece of sponge from a blister, dip it in dark brown and stiple it on paper/tissue until most of the paint is gone. When it leaves a suitably spotty pattern, carfully stiple the midel on raised edges and flat surfaces where wear would be natural. Just up and down, don't move the sponge sideways or the spots will smear. Remember, less is more.
>>
>>54910913
GWs stirland mud is great for wet mud effect.
Agrellan earth for cracked and dried mud.
>>
>>54911237
you're 100% right, been looking at historical pictures and it looks mostly like dirt and dust (which i mistook for rust)
I didn't know that about the kraut tanks! I'll have to sponge on some rust color on my panzers. Thanks
>>54911250
Just tried it, looks great! I thought people used really fine brushes for chipping, the sponge technique is awesome

>>54911273
I can't believe I've never thought of stirland mud, I was thinking of painting gloss over dryad bark but the mud technical looks way more realistic
>>
>>54911456
Plz post pics of your work, friendo (if you feel like it)
>>
>>54911478
Will do, Ill post them in about an hour
>>
>>54903998
Actually, that's the 3d model of Khurasan's one. Made by the guy that does Army's Army stuff though.
>>
My friend is wanting to make a late war v4 3rd infantry division rifle company. Any advice?
>>
File: IMG_0780.jpg (84KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0780.jpg
84KB, 604x453px
http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=53&art_id=5731

New changes to mission rules and battle plans to help cut back the shear number of mutual losses.
>>
>>54913114
>3rd infantry division

Assuming you mean the US 3rd Infantry Division, you have several options.

They fought in Italy, eventually in France (although not until about a month after D-Day), and fought into Germany in the winter of 1944-'45.

An American Rifle company from the source books for any of those campaigns should work pretty well.

Those would be "Road to Rome", "Overlord", and "The Battle of the Bulge".

The OP has a link to a scans database with those books and many more.

Take a look at those and see what you like.

There could possibly be a specific 3ID list in one of them, but the generic Rifle Company lists are fairly good already.
>>
File: europedday4_117.jpg (144KB, 749x570px) Image search: [Google]
europedday4_117.jpg
144KB, 749x570px
Imagine, in 2020, we might yet get LW products.
>>
>>54914503
That jeep doesn't have enough guns. Add more guns.
>>
File: HappyUSSR.jpg (132KB, 900x652px) Image search: [Google]
HappyUSSR.jpg
132KB, 900x652px
for those who didn't get a chance to vote in my last poll:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13709010

my original post had more details on how the poll runs. yes it's not 'complete'.

thank you!
>>
>>54913163
>you win if you kill everything in 4" of the objective
This pretty much locks in shitty assault rules.
>>
>>54916382
Yep currently Facebook is focusing full effort into determining how you can break the system.

Overall though I think it's a decent change for V4, but will further exacerbated Macross Milan Spam in Team Yankee. Just camp up on the objectives and survive 6 turns. Fire your batteries of AT 21 missiles at any vehicle within 8" of an objective. Keep your light APCs around to machine gun any infantry that happens to be moving in.
>>
File: unarmed sappers.png (467KB, 545x557px) Image search: [Google]
unarmed sappers.png
467KB, 545x557px
>>54915627
Can you feel it, tovarish?
>>
>>54917157
Those poses look like an angry mob. Peter pig? I can see the o-face.
>>
>>54904085
>I understand how hard it is to keep shit in stock with such a large line, but wouldn't it make more sense to simply make all the niche lines on demand?

What makes you think they won't? Some salty cucks on 4chan? They will still sell their old shit on demand, that's what GW, Warlord games and what everybody else in the industry does.

I also don't see them removing old models ruleswise, it doesn't take much to make a PDF.
>>
>Looking at EW british starter box at our shop
>Realize it might be able to take some of the french crap we have as support
>Check the book
>It can use the Fusiliers blister we have taking up space!
>...But still can't use the three goddamn SOMUA S35s that have been taking up shelf space forever
Goddamnit, so close to being able to offer all that shit in a single bundle.
>>
>>54919093
>remaining loyal to a formerly respectable game as it dumbs itself down and dresses up prettily to draw in younger more attractive players with more money
Sure you want to be calling people cucks, m8?
>>
V4 attempt at Comets:
HQ of 2 Comets & 2 Cromwell CS 435
Combat of 3 Comets 435
Combat of 3 Comets 435
Support of 4 25pdrs 185
Support of AOP 25
1515 points

Has 8 tanks with mobility & AT 14 shots then two bombardments to deal with stuff lacking armor. For Reserves missions put the HQ a combat and the AOP on.
>>
>>54920138
8 Tanks with Front armor 7. Your other two are front armor 6. You are gonna get fukt by medium tanks or AT guns. You will be frustrated by Vet Germans who can truffle shuffle behind hills while popping shots at you with full RoF. Assaulting infantry off an objective will be tricky. And you are absolutely fucked against any list with cannon planes.

I am not saying that your list will never win, but you will have to use your movement to expertly position your tanks every turn. Comets are just horribly overpriced.
>>
>>54920138
1515 is the point standard for tournaments this year?

How does that break down as far as the 60-40 on-table vs reserves split?

60% would be 909, so do they make that an even 910, with 605 for reserves?
>>
>>54920726
Per rules as written, you get up to 60% on the field (909). Since 910 would be over and everything is in 5pt increments, you effectively have up to 905 points on the field.
>>
>>54920779
V4 conversion is shiiiiit
>>
>>54921010
Because of the 60-40 reserves split?

It's far more fair than the front-loading you used to be able to do with the old reserves rule.
>>
>>54921366
Because by keeping points the same stuff like the above happens, arbitrarily causing problems at certain levels.
>>
>>54921529
Same thing happens in MW if the points aren't a multiple of 5. For example: 103 = 61.8 points, so you only get 61 on the field. This isn't some magical arbitrary problem with the same points. It's that you want things to round and the game doesn't.
>>
>>54921646
That's a really obvious fix that should be in the game, though. It's just like every other "Oh we won't explain this, everyone knows what we mean" thing.
>>
>>54923481
What? "You can bring UP TO 60% of the game points limit" is unclear to you? It's exactly the same way "up to half of the platoon..." upgrades and stuff worked in V3. There's plenty of completely legit issues with V4, this is just baby bitching because it rounds a different way than you want.
>>
File: IMG_3233.jpg (223KB, 960x952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3233.jpg
223KB, 960x952px
>>
>>54919200
What should I call them then? How about fucking idiots?
>>
File: some power metal band.png (363KB, 690x178px) Image search: [Google]
some power metal band.png
363KB, 690x178px
>>54925350
i like 'fucking idiot'. it's utterly accurate as an alternative to 'cuckold' i'd say the term is synonymous, literally speaking.

>>54917157
CYKA I'M FEELIN' IT!!!! I'M FEELIN' IT! *drops the capitalists*

so, any one see this?
>pic related
Team Yankee version of Open Fire soon, i hope.

i hope...
>>
>>54926985
That would make an awesome band name.
>>
>>54927031
...It is a band name
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HammerFall
>>
>>54926985
>>54927031
>>54927037
>54927037

Is there a team Yankee/ flames of war approved metal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrSKG3TS0uE
>>
Since nobody seems to want to post it: http://www.wwpd.net/2017/08/fighting-first-command-cards-review.html
>>
>>54927325
didn't even look there...thanks!
>>
>>54927103
>that video
even in metal, we must slav-squat!
>>
>>54918412
Yes indeed. Top ones are the WW2 Russkies, and the bottom are the WW1/RCW ones. Going to do some headswaps and use them for the "ran out of ammo" part of the battle for the Brest Fortress.
>>
File: IMG_8946.jpg (1MB, 3264x2378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8946.jpg
1MB, 3264x2378px
Just tried out the new mission rules for V4.
Highly recomended.
The way you can win if you push the enemy off an objective, the same turn you do it really shakes things up.
So from me, a really heartfelt Cheers!
>>
>>54928463
I shall have to take a look at those.

What are the major notable changes?
>>
>>54926985
Any clue yet about what will be in Hammerfall?
>>
>>54932198
I second this, I'd really rather start playing TY at this point. My closest LGS is primarily playing it now and I'd like to start playing before next year and this seems like something worth waiting on.
>>
Here is hoping the America book comes out soon after The Russian one that's been shown. I'd really like to do a Battlegroup with the Rangers pretending I'm running my Uncle's unit in this timeline, would be great.
>>
Anyone here order their TY stuff online (Canada preferably)?

My LGS isn't interested in carrying it (they sell bolt action and apparently they make more money on that trash)
>>
>>54932743
Calling Bolt Action trash in a Flames of War thread is a bit pot kettle m8.
>>
>>54932808
yeah yeah my opinion and all. I just don't find it fun and the miniatures all have a look on their face of eternal agony
>>
File: IMG_0816.jpg (52KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0816.jpg
52KB, 640x446px
>>54933100
>implying theirs only one 28mm infantry manufacturer

At least Battlefront is giving us some VALUE in the face department.
>>
>>54933930
Solid memes, my friend. Cheers.
>>
Anyone have scans of the rules to the Red Thunder Campaign thing going on? Me and my local group don't have an LGS but would like to see how it's played maybe work towards running our own campaign. Is it possible to order the stuff if you don't have a store?
>>
>>54932743
If you don't mind ordering from the US, I'd highly recommend both The War Store, and Miniatures Market.
>>
>>54935246
I second the War Store. They are really efficient and provide good customer service.
>>
>>54927325
>gushing about a 100% gamey "reroll a die because football" card

Fuck you wwpd
>>
File: IMG_0819.png (186KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0819.png
186KB, 284x400px
>>54935730
>This is a must buy and I love the flavor it adds.
>reroll card
>flavor

Luke is such a powergaming shill. They've done some interesting stuff with some of the cards, but a lot of them seem gamey as hell.

>4 Bunker Busters pull up within 16" to direct fire at a building.
>With this shill card they only have a 40% chance to kill a single stand each turn of fire.
>Flavor
>>
>>54936034
By bunker busters I mean brutal, since Bunker Buster isn't a thing in MW.
>>
>>54936062
RIP
>>
File: IMG_0820.jpg (127KB, 493x672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0820.jpg
127KB, 493x672px
Also I am pretty sure this card lets you stack up like 6 independent one mortar bombardments for around 20 points, effectively bringing the game to grinding pace until your opponent decides to kill themselves out of boredom.
>>
>>54936242
BF seriously need to get a grip on spam .
>>
>>54936242
>one-mortar bombardments

They don't have a direct-fire stat? That would probably be more effective and less time consuming.
>>
File: IMG_0822.jpg (92KB, 418x520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0822.jpg
92KB, 418x520px
>>54936384
NOPE. 6 preplotted bombardments with spearhead to get into firing position. Also I forgot that list will also let you field a T-30 which would allow for a 7th bombardment.

>>54936318
I feel like you don't have to spam to do US... but why would I take Priests over a a handfull of medium mortar bombardments/light howitzer bombardment. There is the question of skill, but I think there is a card to fix that.
>>
What is a good number of StuGs and StuHs to aim for if you're building a Late War German list based around StuGs?

I have 4 at the moment, but I realize I'll need probably at least double that.

Any advice, so I know how to plan out my purchases?
>>
>>54937727
I think it probably depends if you want to run them as Vet or Trained. If you are running Vets you'd want 9-10. If they are trained you'd want 12-14.
>>
This seem about right as extremely general listbuilding advice?
50-60% of points on Combat and HQ
Remainder spent on support units, with general recommendations of:
1 Artillery unit
1 recce (v3) or cannon aircraft (v4) unit
1 heavy tank killer unit or effective assault unit (whichever you lack from core)
>>
>>54937919
Thank you. That helps.
>>
>>54937919
>>54938249
And they're usually fielded in units of 3 or 4 vehicles, right?
>>
>>54939295

That's right. Due to the way morale rules work now, 4s are better than 3s, and if you can get 5s that's better still, although harder to find in Late War lists.
>>
>>54939295
Yeah and you can buy them in packs of 5, open fire packs of 2, or individual sprues.
>>
>>54938068
The general rule is "Boys before toys." Especially with the new morale rules.

Also, try to get as close to perfect as you can on the 60/40 points split for on-table forces vs reserve forces.

And the rest of what you posted is all solid advice as well, although mortars are slightly more reliable than full artillery.
>>
what up lads, any news on new releases? haven't been keeping up with BF
>>
>>54928463
are those your models? they look great
>>
>>54943480
Thank you kindly.
Zvezda trucks with DShK guns made from leftover bits and models.
>>
>>54943409
Recent releases are mainly expanded Soviets for Team Yankee.

Upcoming releases are mainly Americans for Mid-War North Africa.
>>
>>54943636
awesome. I main soviets and just bought El Alamein

Are they still making that bendy plastic stuff?
>>
>>54943848
I think. I have no experience with it yet myself.
>>
>>54944358
>>54943848

it honestly isn't bad in terms of detail, but it doesnt file well and a hobby knife kind of just bends the mold lines instead of cutting them. Durable though
>>
>>54932198
Judging by the graphic design / what's in plastic, we will see Soviets v Americans, with a possibility all the US forces will be vehicles while Sov's have vehicle/infantry mix.

>source: spoiled and present TY plastic range, the image of the title

it's also possible it will be shit, just like El-Alamein
i for one preferred Open Fire.
>>
>>54945118
Yeah, Open Fire was the nicer kit.

It was essentially two 1/2 sized armies.
>>
File: British-M4A2-Sherman-wrecks-1.jpg (2MB, 2159x1601px) Image search: [Google]
British-M4A2-Sherman-wrecks-1.jpg
2MB, 2159x1601px
>>54946552
Only issue was the potato shermans. I'm probably going to make mine into terrain as I replace them with properly cast Vs.
>>
>>54946612
Supposedly they fixed that in later production runs, but yeah, those early Open Fire Shermans did not go together all that well.
>>
>>54914281
He's using the 3ID rifle company from road to rome. More looking for list advice.
>>
>>54948320
I'd definitely get the Assault platoon for one of the core troops, having an entire unit of 10 with Tank Assault 3 and possibly a flamethrower is really nice. The rest of his core should easily be filled out with two more large rifle platoons and a weapons platoon. I'd personally go with the 3 LMG version, so you have 3 mortars sitting back and bombarding and an extra LMG in each infantry platoon for increased defensive fire. Throw in an AOP so the mortars have a god-spotter in addition to all the platoon command teams. That's 825 points, so at your average 1500 point game all of that can be put down on the field safely.

Now, for support. He's going to want his support to be armored and mobile, since it's either going to be arriving in bits from reserve, or it's going to be spearheading an attack. Because you can't go wrong with a pizza box template, my first suggestion would be a unit of 3 calliopes. Yes, they may only fire a bombardment every other turn if he doesn't risk it, but those bombardments HURT. Between that, the mortars, and the massive infantry blobs, he should be able to decently handle enemy infantry and guns. The next thing he obviously needs is something to kill tanks, and nothing does that quite like a Tank Destroyer Platoon. 4 M10 (late) give quite a punch, and the special rules for them are very nice.

That leaves 145 points of the typical 1500 left. My recommendation would either be more anti-tank weaponry (57mm platoons and attached bazookas are good for that) or mid-firepower (4+FP) AA guns to attempt to drive off the omnipresent IL-2s and Hs 129B3 that will murder his armor. Upgrades to the core platoons are also a decent option, though I wouldn't take more than 75pts of upgrades for them since that will force some to be put into reserves at the start. Having one rifle platoon off and a big AT platoon on the field at the start is a viable organization, though.

Here's an example list.
>>
>>54949169
That sounds pretty similar to what he's working towards, yeah. He's got 81mm mortars instead of the calliopes so he can get a smoke barrage, and went for a platoon of 3 shermans instead of the assault platoon. I'll let him know about the assault platoon, it does sound pretty solid. Thanks.
>>
>>54949169
This company can deploy in three ways with reserves:
>few tanks
All three infantry blobs, the HQ, and the weapons platoon. Straightforward.
>lots of tanks
All three infantry blobs, the HQ, and the AT gun platoon start on the field, and the LMG/Mortar platoon is entirely in reserves for later. Note that in my haste to reply with a list I put all 3 bazookas in the AT platoon, 2 of them should be with the HQ to make distribution easier (give one to each platoon that isn't pioneers).
>Mix of tanks and infantry, not enough guns to kill them all
Put an infantry platoon in reserve, and crack out the weapon and AT gun Platoons to go with the Pioneers and the other infantry.

Reserves allocation is simple: Bring Calliopes if the enemy has infantry, bring M10s if they have armor, and bring the guns forward if they have air (just because they won't die as fast).

On the attack, hammer a spot repeatedly with the artillery, infantry use cover to advance, kill armor with the M10s, etc... Standard offensive plan for infantry forced to go get the enemy.
>>
>>54949238
81mm mortars are another good option, they lose the devastating area but are more reliable, durable, and give smoke to help cover advances if required. I just like missile spam. I like the assault platoon mainly because Boys Before Toys, and the Assault platoon manages to be both Boys AND Toys. Also remember that all combat and weapons platoons, as well as the HQ, count as platoons for morale. The list I posted needs to have *5* platoons reduced to 1-2 men for the formation to route, and most of those platoons are 11 men before attachments. That's just not happening.
>>
>>54949304
Alright, so.

Swapping the calliopes and the AOP plane out for a platoon with 4 81mms saves him 40 points. With 2 bazookas moved to the HQ, 50 points can buy 2 more bazookas for the AT platoon that he can attach to the assault platoon. Giving the assault platoon a ton of firepower. The list you posted is 15 points over though, so will have to drop a bazooka from the list.

So it'd look something like this?

Command section, 57mm and 2 bazookas
Rifle platoon, bazooka, LMG, 57mm
Rifle platoon, bazooka, LMG, 57mm
Assault platoon, 3 bazookas, LMG, 57mm

Should the 3 60mm mortars and the weapon platoon commander just stay separate as its own unit? Also the list has 5 points left if dropping a 20 point bazooka team, he can use that to buy a .50 jeep for the weapons platoon which can start out with the .50 dismounted carried by the command team of that weapons platoon I believe.
>>
>>54949645
Or, instead of 2 extra bazookas and the .50 jeep, he could give his platoon 6 81mms to let him reroll misses.
>>
>>54949645
Actually, double checked and it looks like the 57mm platoon can't be combat attached, misremembered it. So any extra bazookas it gets will stay with the guns. So what you're saying instead is to take the 2 that the command section buys and attach those out to the rifle platoons.
>>
>>54949710
Yeah, that's probably a smart thing to do.
>>
>>54949645
>The list you posted is 15 points over though, so will have to drop a bazooka from the list.
The list was 15 over because the current tourny standard is 1515, and I 've just been building for that so regularly because our local shop really likes it compared to 1500 (it's surprising how many nations can fit in some better unit choices on 15 points). Sorry about that, should have built for flat 1500
>Should the 3 60mm mortars and the weapon platoon commander just stay separate as its own unit?
Yep, gives you a cheap bombarding platoon with 4+ firepower (thanks to the changes with V4 stats). Note that the platoon commanders for purely gun team units are no longer deployed, so it'd just be the three mortars.

>>54949664
A good idea if infantry are more common than tanks in the area

>>54949710
Yeah, it's more flexible that way, and since you can attach weapons from command to any combat or weapons platoon, the two command bazookas are much more flexible for no loss of teams.
>>
Some things we know, some we didn't.

1) "First to Fight," the next Mid-War book, will have US Tank, Armored Rifles, and Rifle lists.
2) There will be a later British MW book (Rifles/Matilda/Valentines).
3) There will be a later German MW book focused on the 90th Afrika Division that will have FK36(r)s!
4) Dianas will be a "Wild Card" option in the future.
5) In addition to the known US, Italian, and 2nd British and German V4 Books, there will also be an Airborne forces book with both Fallschirmjagers and Paratroopers.
5) Next year there will be V4 LW starter sets/Army deals that will include a code for Forces of War access to the same list included with the boxed set.
6) The "More Mission" PDFs are living documents. Pete acknowledged that V4 is creating more draws than is desirable for a Tournament setting. They want to improve on that and see More Missions PDFs as a way to do. They are interested to see what the FoW community does with Tournament packet modifications and may set up an area in the forums for suggestions.
7) MW Pacific is still planned as a "card" release.
8) Each Mid-War book release will have Command Cards assoitiated with it.
>>
>>54952112
Where's the source on this?
>>
>>54952684
Wwpd
>>
>>54952997
Which episode?
>>
>>54952112
Do we know anything more about British Shermans in MW other than we'll get them sometime?
>>
>>54954904
I don't think it has actually been stated anywhere in official sources that the British will get Shermans. You'd expect it, of course, but I guess the earliest will be the "2nd British book"... which judging by how much they've left out should be packed with content. Should.
>>
>>54954904
Hello Loyal Customer. We will soon be releasing info on our second ValueCardâ„¢ pack which will contain the British Sherman. For a low price of $10 US.

Cheers,

Battlefront Staff
>>
File: 1461042875510.jpg (961KB, 2830x1820px) Image search: [Google]
1461042875510.jpg
961KB, 2830x1820px
>>
>>54899989
I for one have no issue with IS-2s in my local meta and run them with great success on the regular. We do still play V3 however.
>>
>>54959763
Glad to hear you're having success.

Do you run a heavy tank company, or are the IS-2s a support option?
>>
>>54959885
Support, I use it to back up my SMG company assaults.

>>54899989
Also a question for the general. I just got round to opening my Bannon's Boys for TY after looking at it on my W.I.P table for months and noticed I have 6 Abrams in the pack instead of 5, is this common?
>>
>>54959979
> 6 Abrams in the pack instead of 5, is this common?

IIRC BF included an extra tank sprue after their initial TY release dates were missed.
>>
>>54959979
In regards to bannon's boys, I think they put an extra tank in the initial boxes as a kind of "early player" bonus

IS-2s are solid assault tanks, and in general I've theorized they'd work well in a single platoon supporting a list. The main issue with IS-2s is lists that lists that run them as core options struggle; since they're so expensive and you need two platoons and an HQ minimum, you don't have a lot of room for other stuff and the "other stuff" options aren't even that great. The low rate of fire is less of an issue when they've got one job, but if they're your main guys then they're just not gonna get much done.
>>
>>54959979
>Support, I use it to back up my SMG company assaults.
So you use them the sane way, unlike this local poor fuck that uses the Hero IS-2 company with 5 of the damn things as his core.
>>
>>54960484
Yeah, people don't seem to understand that too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I mean, I love my King Tigers/Tiger 1s/Panthers but I love them being a single part of my army because that way they can focus on what they do best and stand out. If you make an army just based around them then you have to really know what you are doing or you are boned.
>>
>>54960484
[Mocking Kiwi Laughter]
>>
>>54961042
Yeah. They're not a heavy tank, but it's the same situation with my Comets. I only have 4 of them because using more than a support platoon is a waste of points, no matter how cool they are.

Sadly the IS-2 player keeps getting wrecked and until recently didn't buy things to fix that, which was painful to watch. But now he's finally getting two boxes of T-34s so he can run a less horrible hero tankovy list, and eventually expand to a proper normal tankovy.
>>
>>54961207
I'm in a similar position as my Grants are getting wrecked and the more experienced players tell me I need to replace them with Shermans.

It's pretty demoralising to build an army and find out it doesn't do well. Buying new stuff for a major overhaul feels like admitting you messed up and wasted all that time and money.
>>
Played my first ever game. HG panzerkompanie with 4 pzivh, 4 pziiij, 2 pziiin, 1 tiger, fallschirmjaeger platoon, 10.5cm battery

I fought us airborne with 3 rifle platoons, lmg and mortar platoon, 4 shermans, 2 jacksons, 3 priests.

Great game. The pziiis did better than I expected. The rof3 gun www solid for shooting tds, scout cars, priests, and infantry. The pz ivs wrecked shermans. Tiger practically held a flank by itself.

I ended up losing, after killing two platoons, most of his arty, and his tds I was trying to secure an objective which he kept trickling troops into to contest while our tanks fought it out, hee used his lmgs to pin my infantry in place while his jeep and a scout car went around and captured.

In total I lost 2 pziv, 3 pziii, 2 guns, and 4 infantry. I killed about 25 infantry, 2 priests, both tds and his shermans.
>>
>>54961474
His problem is that the starter box for Russians was a trap (thankfully they've discontinued Stalin's Bears, along with the other horrible LW starters). Hopefully they'll put out some new ones that DON'T suck.
>>
>>54961757
The moment I saw those boxes I knew they were bad news. The only serviceable one being the German box and maybe the American one.

Still think they sold those just to clear stock.
>>
>>54961474
For MW? What is you list. I figured the Grants would be alright. Maybe you need to mix in some lighter stuff or infantry to help out instead of a total overhaul.
>>
File: grantList.jpg (138KB, 1168x508px) Image search: [Google]
grantList.jpg
138KB, 1168x508px
>>54962630
This is what I'm running. The Grants have not performed well vs Panzer IV F2s and other good AT. So I've been told I need to replace them with Shermans for the extra AT and armour.
>>
>>54963090
V3 North Africa. Nice!

Maybe just trade in 3 Grants for 6 Honeys to provide more of a flanking threat and boost your numbers. You can try to use smoke to cover them as they flank, and as they maneuver they should take some heat off your Grants so it isn't just a direct slugfest.
>>
>>54963090
I'm honestly not seeing how 1 more armor is going to make a real difference against AT 11, and at +20pts each the Shermans get expensive quick.
>>
>>54962227
Yeah, the only real good box out of that set was the American one. Although even there, they gave you more Pershings than you could ever realistically need.
>>
File: 1501196710280.jpg (707KB, 2092x1686px) Image search: [Google]
1501196710280.jpg
707KB, 2092x1686px
>>54914975
Still not enough guns
>>
>>54920138
>25pdr
No reason in hell to take them over far cheaper 3" mortars now. Take an allied lorried rifle company with 4.2" mortars if you have the points also Comets are a big trap of a tank that will make you scream in pain by how bad they are for what they cost
>>
Are Stars&Stripes scans out yet? I didn't found them in the OP link
>>
File: IMG_0796.jpg (56KB, 750x244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0796.jpg
56KB, 750x244px
>>54967769
We haven't had any spoilers for stripes. Besides the cover and one picture of the M60 and Humvee.
>>
>>54967745
25 pdrs can be quite effective if you make use of their direct fire potential to deter enemy assets.

Mortars need something to protect them, which can be impractical in a tank-focused list.

25 pdrs can mostly protect themselves from mobile assets, especially with the increase to resilience V4 gave them.
>>
File: IMG_0827.jpg (51KB, 498x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0827.jpg
51KB, 498x404px
>>54967660
4 guns
>>
>>54967769
The book is just called Stripes, and it hasn't been released yet.
>>
>>54962227
Other way around. American good, german barely mediocre
>>
File: tiny_tanker_by_kloudmutt-da7wqtm.png (380KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tiny_tanker_by_kloudmutt-da7wqtm.png
380KB, 1500x1500px
Abomination bmp
>>
File: 1441504338125.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1441504338125.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>54971166
>Expected BMP
>Is not BMP

Get out of here right now comrade.

Leave the tank.
>>
>>54971426
>gif has more than 1 second.
nice.
>>
>>54971426
>/wgg/ gif

wew that nostalgia, have any more?
>>
new for Stripes....
>>
File: 1450722355871.png (762KB, 640x770px) Image search: [Google]
1450722355871.png
762KB, 640x770px
>>54973687
>NATO gets ERA before Warsaw Pact.

C-cheers Phil.
>>
>>54974233
that would be gloriously bad.
too bad we have seen the model, and it has no ERA
>>
what if the plastic kit has ERA pieces for 'future proofing'?
do we have sprue shots of the T-64? no ERA?
>>
>>54975642
The T-64 is out already and it doesn't have ERA. Neither will the M60. At least I highly doubt it.
>>
>>54975642
Some people have already built theirs, sprues nothing. There's no ERA. Phil argued somewhere on the forums that they didn't really have ERA until the late 80s.
>>
>>54976768
I wondet, do they not want to add it because of the cost of putting it in the kit or because they're too lazy to balance it?

Or is it just that Phil is that stupid?
>>
>>54977205
If the ERA wasn't molded directly onto the turret and hull it would probably take another sprue to include in the kit. Doesn't really excuse them not including it as an option and having an ERA kit sold separately though.
>>
>>54977279
I guess they just didn't want to pay somebody to model it? Or actual, real equipment that was in use is secondary to visionary designer Phils immaculate cheers-design
>>
>>54977332
>Or actual, real equipment that was in use is secondary to visionary designer Phils immaculate cheers-design
This is the case.
>>
Asking for suggestions:

We are trying to update Tank aces for V4. Looking for some ideas for a MW campaign map, ideally a location where is could be plausible to bring in the Soviets (and potentially even Romanians if someone has a local player who uses them) as well as the planned factions for North Africa. It can be a fictional scenario.
>>
>>54952112
>MW Eastern Front in millons of years
I am done, FUCK YOU TOO BATTLEFRONT.
>>
>>54979181
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
>>
>>54979237
I am not going to drop FoW anon, after all these years defending BF, i am really mad for the first time.

Well it seems i am going to play V3 Eastern Front for more years.
>>
what do you guys use for terrain? just Battlefront stuff or does anyone make their own?

I just built an 8x4 table, need to fill it with terrain
>>
>>54979507
Combination of making my own and buying scale models from the hobby shop. Plenty of European styles to choose from.
>>
File: can you feel it.png (908KB, 739x555px) Image search: [Google]
can you feel it.png
908KB, 739x555px
At least the 88 is damn fine in plastic.
>>
>>54979576
no shop around here, can you recommend brands? I dont mind painting/assembling

Probably a stupid question but what's easy to make in bulk for 15mm? I have lots of "steppes" or "hills" for 28mm which is just insulation foam stacked with sand and grass on it. Looks unnatural next to my flames of war models
>>
what's the deal with Phil? does everyone actually hate him or is it just a meme

He seems like a pretty decent guy in videos I've seen
>>
File: IMG_20160420_192329986.jpg (244KB, 803x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160420_192329986.jpg
244KB, 803x424px
>>54979507
Make my own. It's easy to make a hill with some pink insulation foam: http://www.wwpd.net/2016/05/hill-making-tutorial.html

And a coconut fiber doormat with no design on it can be easily cut into field shapes (like in this pic) shows

There's also 4ground and some other companies that make nice lasercut wood buildings that are cheaper than BF's offerings and (personally) nicer looking.
>>
File: IMG_0180.jpg (44KB, 713x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0180.jpg
44KB, 713x250px
>>54979650
The new plastic guns are arousing until you look at the crew... maybe that's why they call it soft plastic.

>>54979752
Phil is a bit of a dick on the forums, and has some really shitty views on Soviets amongst other things. However I don't think anyone legitimately hates Phil. Most of the Philposting is because "Cheers" made him into a living meme.
>>
>>54979752
He's a pretty decent guy IRL, but he's got no filter and no tact on the Forums. He tends to slap down his massive NATO Bias on things and say it like it's fact.
>>
>>54979650
those are sharp, nice detail. Is that the new bendy plastic stuff?
>>
>>54980044
>>54980055
yeah it's always bad news when game devs post on their own forums
>>
>>54979883
looks good, ill ckeck those out

Going to grab a door mat today for sure that looks great for fields
>>
anyone use clear card sleeves for their FOW cards? I want to keep them safe but not sure if card sleeves come that big
>>
>>54979181
>I am done
>>54979418
>I am not going to drop FoW

Both of these statements can not be true at the same time.

>>54979752
Phil... Phil has some unusual ideas that he gets stuck in his head that aren't always 100% accurate, but they're what he bases his game design choices on.

Then he tries to defend these positions against actual facts.

Ending his posts with a mostly polite "Cheers" which occasionally comes across as smug and condescending.
>>
>>54980898
>Both of these statements can not be true at the same time.
He can be done buying stuff and still play the game. Not giving BF money until they get their crap together is reasonable.
>>
>>54980055
>>54980898
does he just play favorites with factions or is it gameplay stuff too? like russians being worse at saves etc
>>
>>54981107
Russians don't get better than a 3+ to be hit (trained) because they were never better than the Americans at kasserine pass. Yes, that is a thing he's said. Similarly, the only ACTUAL veterans in TY, the afgantsy, are hit on a 3+ because they don't use NATO tactics and so magically don't know how to use cover or such (despite them getting very good at closing range and attacking the enemy using cover), and the East Germans who were really good for warpac troops are given thoroughly average training and, once again, 3+ to hit to make them another swarm.
>>
>>54981258
Actually no. The Soviets in Berlin and their DLC are all, without question, better than the Americans at Kasserine Pass.
>>
>>54981265
Yes, he's changed it a bit since then, but it took AGES for soviets to get actual vets. And it was a thing he's said, which is useful for showing the sort of blindness he has towards commies being effective.
>>
>>54981258
so he's just a self righteous idiot. makes a lot more sense

thanks for the explanation!
>>
>>54980629
I'd also like to know, my LGS only has yugioh sized sleeves and they don't fit

Just measured a card, it's 11cm by 8cm. Shouldn't be too hard to find sleeves online
>>
>>54979737
For 15mm hills, some foamcore layered over some MDF or hardboard, carved into gentle slopes or plastered over with filler looks nice. With the smaller scale of 15mm you can make hills with folds and bumps with the footprint of a 40k hill, while still looking really good.

When it comes to making buildings, foamcore can work for some kinds, but it will seem thick in 15mm scale for walls. Works good for bunkers though. Corkboard is very good too, and comes in many thicknesses. Houses will require being made out of cereal card, hardboard, or styrene plasticard. The last one might be hard to find.

For model brands, Kibri, Vollmer and Faller come to mind.

>>54980044
Nice bidubs, but yeah. I got some crew in advance. Turfing the mudmen for metal ones was easy enough.

>>54980540
They are the new ones, yes. I hope that's sarcasm though. In the flesh, the faces don't have noses, nor mouths, and the hands are basically fingerless blobs.
>>
File: mtlbw2b14rus02a.jpg (186KB, 1058x746px) Image search: [Google]
mtlbw2b14rus02a.jpg
186KB, 1058x746px
I wish
>>
File: IMG_0468.jpg (144KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0468.jpg
144KB, 640x480px
>>
>>54984625
120mm version too :D
>>
>>54984625
Sadly the Shturm is in resin, or else you could consider kitbashing these together.
>>
File: IMG_8945.jpg (2MB, 2448x3214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8945.jpg
2MB, 2448x3214px
>>
File: bmp-2_13_of_36.jpg (996KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
bmp-2_13_of_36.jpg
996KB, 2560x1920px
>>
>>54981265
That's a direct quote from an old podcast, dude, not an assessment of their in game stats.
>>
Leo 1s are up for preorder, release November. Who's going panzertruppin'?
>>
>>54990675
>November

See you next year :^)
>>
File: IMG_3307.jpg (233KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3307.jpg
233KB, 1200x800px
>>54990675
Old news.

I'm certainly placing my pre-order with PSC.

Although I'm a tiny bit upset that it isn't also a gepard kit.
>>
>>54991240
>Although I'm a tiny bit upset that it isn't also a gepard kit.
Yeah, this is the first time in a while I've been disappointed in PSC, Gepards would be glorious. Here's hoping they manage to fit the Archer on the Val sprue, at least, since the val is so small.
>>
I heard Gepard turret + the A1/A5 turret variants were coming later. Unlike the T-55 which only required a gunbarrel and some appliques those Leo 1 variants need whole separate turret assemblies.
>>
>>54991240
>>54991287
As >>54991911 said, the Gepard parts would not fit, apparently they are planning another kit with with the Gepard option. We'll see.
>>
what do you guys do for basing your infantry? The usual stuff i use for 28mm (sand) is too large, looks weird for 15mm
>>
File: IMG_8967.jpg (1MB, 3194x2253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8967.jpg
1MB, 3194x2253px
>>54993369
>tufts
>shrubs
>gf9 basing stuff
>static grass
>GW technicals like agrellan earth
>small twigs as tree trunks
>vallejo grey pumice
>water effect
There are so many things.
>>
>>54994298
I mean just straight texture before flock or bushes.
Vallejo pumice looks good, any recommendations for sand dunes?
>>
File: IMG_8968.jpg (36KB, 323x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8968.jpg
36KB, 323x500px
>>54994335
This maybe?
>>
>>54993369
I made my own texture paint out of really fine silicon dioxide (sand leftover from lab) and brown acryllic paint. I use a mix of 1/4 brown ballast to 3/4 green flock. Mix in a little static grass into that and apply it over the "mud." I haven't had much luck with tufts at 15mm. I save those for 28mm stuff.
>>
>>54994335
Looks like im gonna use a combo of that and other vallejo textures, thanks
>>54994979
I found tufts to work when theyre the right height, just need bushes and grass to also simulate depth
>>
File: even phil hates him.jpg (37KB, 555x383px) Image search: [Google]
even phil hates him.jpg
37KB, 555x383px
even phil hates warren

I'd wear that shirt though
>>
File: what.jpg (69KB, 1072x687px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
69KB, 1072x687px
anyone know what this is? i cant find it on BFs website or anything about it online. Item number is the same as the motor rifle platoon, but isn't a company comprised of platoons?
>>
>>54996843
Uhh... Where did you find this?

Something about this looks off...
>>
>>54996843
It is probably TSU702. The original hind landing assault company was 3 platoons of 2 Rifle/MG teams and 2 RPG-7 teams.
TSU702 has enough for 2 platoons.
>>
Has anyone spotted any GAZ-66 or UAZ models at 1/100?
>>
>>5499864
they're 100% reputable I buy from them all the time. I just have no idea what the kit is
http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/61743-Team-Yankee-Soviet-MI-24-Hinds-Assault-Infantry-Company.aspx
>>54998775
Strange, i assume it's just mislabeled then
>>
>>54998775
it looks weird because of how i cropped it. link to site above
>>
>>54998641
whoops replied to wrong comment. see here>>54998802
>>54998802
>>
>>54995800
Fucking Warren, fuck. Maybe he'll cheeseburger one too many times and get a blood clot.
>>
>>54996843
You don't play Soviets much, do you? BF loves to call their companies "platoons", because of their forced battalion scale.

It's actually just like some of the other actual platoon boxes that say shit like 'SMG Company', when it's just the platoon and company commander in a box.
>>
>>54995800
Enemy at the Gates is one thing, Iron Sky is next level.
>>
>>54998799
Dunno about the Gaz, but Peter Pig, Armies Army, and I believe QRF/Total System Scenic have UAZ jeeps and such.
>>
File: fukwe.png (1004KB, 936x606px) Image search: [Google]
fukwe.png
1004KB, 936x606px
>>55000042
>enemy at the gates
>>
>>55000037
ahh okay makes more sense. And yeah I'm new to soviets
>>
>>54981310
Where do the Soviets have actual vets? I thought the best they got was the funky hero companies.
>>
>>55000325
2 DLC Berlin lists. Hero Assault Sappers and Hero Cavalry are both FV. The Cavalry allow for some FV T-34s
>>
does battlefront always take forever to answer their emails?
been a week now, no answer
>>
File: change.png (81KB, 1247x568px) Image search: [Google]
change.png
81KB, 1247x568px
Will BF change TY rules like V4?
It's strange locking a thread although there was no arguement or violation of forum rules.
>>
>>55000813
Not strange at all, they've been doing that for a while now. BF is terrible at communication.
>>
>>55000813
what the hell? Phil must smoke crack

it looks like he just stopped the conversation because he didn't like the speculation going on

Unless their forum has a "no off topic" policy?
>>
>>55000898
No as >>55000857 hinted at Battlefront's forum has a "we close the thread whenever we feel like it" policy. In their defense the forums is like a nursery for autists and old grogs. It is literal cancer.
>>
>>55000790
I'd try sending another. If still no answer then maybe take it to the official FB or forum and try to contact their customer service office by phone.
>>
File: the day hogan went too far.jpg (113KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
the day hogan went too far.jpg
113KB, 800x550px
>>
File: IMG_8673.png (112KB, 296x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8673.png
112KB, 296x255px
>komissar orders you to make fun socialist joke or gulag
What do you say?
>>
File: Soviet Joke.png (3MB, 1089x1649px) Image search: [Google]
Soviet Joke.png
3MB, 1089x1649px
>>55004288
Here is my joke.
>>
>>55004288
"In Soviet Russia, Socialism **IS** joke!"

>BLAM!
>>
>>55004458
>Chieftain
>2+ cross

c h e e r s
>>
>>55004458
Technically the T-72 is more like 4.5 points each depending on how many you take.

If I'm remembering correctly, I think the first three are 4 points each, and each additional one after that is an extra 5. Making them about 4.5 points each overall.

The comparison looks a bit more fair when you view it from that perspective.
>>
>>55004288
Did you know comrade komissar, Lubyanka is tallest building in moscow?

You can see Siberia from its basement.
>>
>>55004530
But if I say it this way it is better joke, Comrade.

>To be fair even 1.5 points for twice the shooting, twice the assault, better armor, better cross, likely being twice as hard to hit, better range, and actually being able to blitz/shoot and scoot makes is VERY generous.

>and yes there are a few drawbacks, but with NATO defending most of the time how important is side armor or slower speed when you can just park your chieftain bunker hull down and be twice as effective as a T-72.
>>
>>55004543
Is that a Beria joke comrade?
>>
>>55004288
>Is it true that the Soviet Union is the most progressive country in the world?
>Of course! Life was already better yesterday than it's going to be tomorrow!
>>
Do we have the command cards anywhere?
>>
>>54899989
Have you ever had people refuse to play you? We've got quite a few TY players at my club and most of the NATO players will refuse to play unless they defend or if there is too much LoS blocking terrain and water features, which kind of sucks for my east germans. Is this common?
>>
>>55006974
We use the mission system (declare attack/manuever/defend) but we never play with proper water, only "shallow streams".
>>
>>55006974
I've had my FJ turned down because apparently FV armies are not competitive enough to be worth playing against.
>>
>>55006974
Unless you're playing with some super cheeze T-55/BTR list, sounds like your community is salty HATObabbys.
>>
>>55006974
>Have you ever had people refuse to play you?
Closest that happened was for a few months when we only had three people at the shop, with each of us only having one force we could play. After a few games, we knew what all our stuff could do and what everyone else's stuff could do. So suggestions to play flames got refused and we played other games until we managed to rope a 4th guy in and get some variety again.
>>
File: soviet nails.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
soviet nails.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
>>55004288
>>
>>55008669
I use T-72s and have a single 10 tank T-55 company.
>>
File: Untitled Document.pdf (105KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled Document.pdf
105KB, 1x1px
>>55008669
>>55009015
In fact, here is my list.
>>
>>55009089
doesn't seem so bad to me but i'm a 20 t-55m guy
also why btr? and not bmp?
>>
>>55009154
Flexibility.
I feel like putting bmps and infantry together is like putting my eggs in a single basket, however with the btrs I can have my infantry go do one thing and my bmps do another.
>>
File: nva.jpg (47KB, 1000x703px) Image search: [Google]
nva.jpg
47KB, 1000x703px
>>55009089
I kinda like it, a lot of depth to absorb losses and hold ground. I'd be a bit unsure about a lack of BMP2 for groundbased tank busting but you have a lot of air support in your back pocket if you can snipe their AA.

The best thing about the NVA lists is bringing a full toolbox to the table. Too many short sighted people are just thinking about the spam they can do.
>>
>>55006974
Complete list of reasons people refused fow/ty with me:
>unhistorical matchup
Players are few around here so I guess nobody is too picky. Although most seem to be shy autists afraid of new people so yeah, I'm not getting many games...
>>
>>54994335
Baking Soda, Glue, Paint. Super cheap, works really well
>>
>>55010375
>>54994416
>>54994979

will try baking soda, seems to be the proper grit. Ordered some vallejo paste too. Will report in with pictures of the basing techniques

Anyone have tips for signifying HQ models? Other than tank commanders glued into the cupola
>>
>>55010881
I've painted a white chevron on the back lip of the bases of my command units. Vehicles get either a figure peeking out of a hatch or some extra stowage or a decal.
Or did you literally mean HQ units?
>>
>>55010881
For tanks, I've gone with:
>left hatch guy = Platoon Command
>right hatch guy = 2iC
>both hatches = CiC

For infantry, I put a mark on the back of the bases to tell platoons apart.
>>
File: IMG_8975.jpg (1MB, 3264x2339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8975.jpg
1MB, 3264x2339px
Bought a dozen A&A miniatures T34s. Some details look wrong and they are a notch below zvezda imo. So since I already have 15 T34s, what should I do with these?
Bedspring armour?
Tank riders?
In any case, I need to weather the fudge out of these to hide their shortcomings.
>>
>>55010925
that's what i was thinking, adding extra decals and stowage/antennae
>>55010993
that should work nicely, i'll give it a shot thanks guys
>>
File: 99922.jpg (31KB, 538x553px) Image search: [Google]
99922.jpg
31KB, 538x553px
why does everyone hate phil when this fucker is literally the worst staffmember BF has
>>
>>55010995
my eyes suck, is there just less detail on them or are they not very good scale models?
>>
>>55011868
The later. They're cheap prepainted plastic.
>>
File: IMG_8976.jpg (549KB, 2649x1833px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8976.jpg
549KB, 2649x1833px
>>55011868
>Bendy plastic makes the gun barrel crooked
>no hull mg
>no exhaust pipes
>oval mould lines on top of turret
Also the rivets and overall details on the side and back looks off but I'm not sure if they are historically wrong.
For all my bitching I'm pretty ok with it since they be cheap.
Still...BF plastics look pretty darn good in comparison.
>>
>>55012129
ahh gotcha. looks gross
>>
File: t-34 turrets.png (25KB, 408x533px) Image search: [Google]
t-34 turrets.png
25KB, 408x533px
>>55012129
That's a weird turret design anon. looks like the 1941 turret. Not sure how many with that design would have been around in LLW, but you could try bedspringing the hell out of them to cover things up. Give them a good targeted wash, slap on some slogans, give them some chipping and paint the tracks, and now you cabe some half decent EW/MW T-34s. I guess you can add bedspring all over the T-34/85 in the pile and add them to your existing force. I think 17 is a good number for standard tankovy in LW.
>>
File: IMG_8977.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8977.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>55012923
Sounds like solid advice anon. Also you have some keen eyes to have noticed the T-34/85 in there.
>ChTZ turret is real pretty I need me some of that
>>
File: IMG_0833.jpg (26KB, 500x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0833.jpg
26KB, 500x237px
>>55013142
Sexy cast turret. Wonder if the Battlefront one still looks this good.
>>
>>55013510
Actually my bad, it's not cast. They used a giant forge press to stamp out the turret.
>>
File: IMG_0986.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0986.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How did I do? Some details still need to be picked out and I'd like like weather it more. Any tips?
>>
>>55013708
Yeah try to do a small alteration to the pic before posting, like an insignificant crop. That will fix the problem of sideways or australian images.

The tank looks fine, maybe a wash to the tracks and some chipping.
>>
Anyone used BTR60 company? I want buying some but I can already field 2 full BMP2 company, should I need them?
>>
>>55013821
this is the first time that's happened to me ;_; thanks for the tip i'll make sure I crop from now on
Thanks, tracks arent finished I need to do a rusty wash and pick out some silver details (Treads werent black hardened steel in WWII right? I think that's more of a modern look))
>>
File: Image1118.jpg (40KB, 405x356px) Image search: [Google]
Image1118.jpg
40KB, 405x356px
One day, maybe it won't be space invaders.
>>
File: 25094578582_7d91c7a721_o.jpg (1MB, 1024x1178px) Image search: [Google]
25094578582_7d91c7a721_o.jpg
1MB, 1024x1178px
>>
>>55013708
Good start, but a wash + drybrushed highlight would really make a lot of the details stand out better.
>>
>>55016125
TY is never not going to be Space Invaders. Maybe the T-64 will help since it can actually outrange NATO on the first salvo, but WarPac is mainly there to be a spammy horde faction.
>>
>tfw non-wargamers at your flgs have gone hardcore antifa and give you shit for running an SS Panzer/Confederate army

I just want to wargame Market Garden and Gettysburg, I'm not an actual Nazi/SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN idiot
>>
>>55019080
I mean the AIW. Of course, we all know the moment to throw our heads back and laugh.
>>
>>55019110
Well those types are the ones who believe in revising/sanitizing history anyway m. I'd recommend just trolling them about how their red/black deck makes them literally satan.
>>
>>55019110
But anon, you're playing the BAD GUYS.

So **obviously** that must mean that you support their evil racist bigoted ideologies...

</sarcasm>

Thankfully things have not quite gotten that bad for me yet. But I do have more than a few people I know who could easily start to fall into that way of thinking.

Just explain to them that someone has to play the Confederates or the Nazis, otherwise there wouldn't be a game.
>>
>>55019110
> Hungarian/Finn FoW Player, Craftworld Eldar in 40k. Far right in terms of politics, mostly on 8/pol/
> get in local meta group, has antifa guy who plays Soviet Union in FoW, Dark Eldar 40k, extremely far left, actively goes to antifa protests/parties
> I'm there to be nice, make friends, and not bring my politics into the community.
> regularly buy cases of drinks and bring them in when we play since I've got a jerb and I don't really mind
> He begins to like me, at first probably because I buy drinks, but eventually is impressed by my knowledge on history and hangs out with me whenever I'm in the shop. (Helped him build a CNT/POUM themed Spanish Civil War themed Ork Army, he was originally going to just put lame post-modern antifa symbols)
> He regularly talks about politics, but I play dumb and counter-signal him because his grip on history is sub-par at best, and I'm really good at being a passive-agressive cunt
> Few months later he stops talking about politics, we hang out a few times outside the shop, but not for long (usually lunch and snacks during big games/tournaments)
> Suddenly he moves away, never see him again
I miss having a polar opposite of myself who I could BTFO as fascists in WW2 games and fascist space elves in 40k, not going to lie... It was mad cozy to have an adversary to motivate myself to be generally better at everything in life.

But yeah, sadly none of my tanks had Swastikas on them. But I can't stand the iconoclasm shit, it pisses me off to no end since in their perfect world everyone would just be USA/UK/USSR in WW2, Humans in scifi, or union in the civil war. Gee, that'd sure be fun.
>>
>>55021682
>none of my tanks had Swastikas on them.

Technically neither did any of the real word tanks.

They all used that black and white cross-like symbol.
>>
>>55023467
He plays finns and they did have swastikas on their tanks.
>>
>>55023495
Ah, I must have missed that.

Still, the one the Finns used are clearly different than the one on the Nazi flag.

Although I guess anyone who isn't a history buff wouldn't know about or care about the difference.
>>
File: 4585908013.jpg (34KB, 594x356px) Image search: [Google]
4585908013.jpg
34KB, 594x356px
>>55023495
>>55023854
Yep, Finland had Swastikas on their tanks, yet they were Nordic ones that were different from the NSDAP ones. But I was honestly too cheap to get new transfer sheets so I reused Imperial Guard ones for the numbers/emblems. Please don't bully me
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.