[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about making a board game where players battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I'm thinking about making a board game where players battle each other using a team of Monsters that they create. It's sort've like a Pokemon/Digimon/Monster Rancher battle, each side creates or chooses three Monsters and the battle takes place on a battle grid (Each square representing about a yard of space.)

For what I'm imagining, you'd only need a few supplies:
>A PDF of the rules
>Some Index cards to write your Monster stats
>A handful of D8s (Or D6s, I haven't decided yet.)
>A grid of 1 inch squares and tokens to represent your monsters.
>Pencils and erasers

Monsters can be constructed from different pieces and parts, given an element, and have attacks selected for them. Each of these will have different point values when building your monsters, and every monster would have an inherent ability. So, for example you might make a quadrupedal lizard with horns, that is of the fire element. Horns, four legs, and lizard would all have specific values, and would allow you to have access to certain moves when building your monster. So "Diablo Horn" could be a move, for instance.

I was also thinking of making a "Game night version" of it, where each win or loss gives you a certain amount of additional build points, so after each round, you could "Evolve" your monsters, and have access to more moves and abilities. Then you could have an ongoing tournament that takes place over a couple of hours, with monsters getting stronger with each fight.

What do you think? Anyone have any additional ideas?
>>
>>54899973
I'm gonna bump once.

Does anyone know a place that might be more interested in brainstorming something like this?
>>
This sounds like a nice little game. It shouldn't be to complex, as it makes for a good minigame that can be played during a break or while you're waiting for your train.

Bonus points if the monsters can be monstergirls.
>>
>>54899973
"Evolution" refluff?
>>
>>54900198
i usually dump my ideas into the /tg/ discord, it gets pretty think-tanky with settings especially.
>>
>>54899973
I'd be interrested, and would probably playtest if there was a beta.
>>
>>54903381
Yeah, I'm going to shoot for rounds being around 15-20 minutes, with a more complex "Arena Game" that takes place over multiple rounds.

I guess the Monsters could look like whatever you want them to look like. I'll probably make a bunch of "basic" monsters for people who don't want to build their own or find artwork for them.

>>54904261
"Beta"? I mean, I'll definitely playtest it at some point, and would probably do it in Tabletop Simulator.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.