[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 32

File: 1499919138194.jpg (55KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
1499919138194.jpg
55KB, 250x309px
Previous thread: >>54874002
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/a-brief-respite-before-the-deluge-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What do you not like, and opt out of your games?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>Camilla getting told to fuck off by forum moderators

based
>>
Again, Fagness is the one true path.
>>
>>54897071
??
>>
I'm actually astounded this place hasn't descended into shitflinging about the most recent Changeling preview showing off The X Card and lines and veils.
>>
>>54897054
I generally opt out of including Demon the Descent and God-Machine stuff in my games. I have used one of the reptilians from the book as an npc though.
>>
>>54897054
Demons are the best Splat and the God Machine is the best villain of all time. Basically YWHY from the Megami Tensei universe.
>>
Why two threads?
>>
>>54897085
I forgot to bring it up.

It was a little long though, so I didn't bother reading it yet. Was busy.

I honestly don't care about a rule as optional as X-cards.
>>
Concurrent thread gone. Fat goth chick will block your path another day.
>>
>>54897142

I'm glad CofD has gotten to stealing the actually good, useful parts of the indie storygame scene.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (79KB, 469x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
79KB, 469x200px
>>54897071
>Camilla
>>
>>54897176
It is a useless mechanic, and the word count probably could have been used to just say 'hey check with your players to make sure they are comfortable with whatever topic'. But whatever, it does the same job.
>>
>>54897085
>WoD is written by SJWs
Wow, what a shocking revelation, news at 11! What's there even left to discuss about it at this point?
>>
>>54897195
Some gamelines are more sjw than others que Changeling and Beast
>>
>>54897085
>The X Card
But why? Why does need to be a rule? Couldn't the person bothered by the content just say so before the game or just stress how bothered they are?
>>
>>54897279
The point of the X card is that it prohibits discussion.
>>
>>54897279
Some people are such broken shambling wrecks all they can bring themselves to do is touch a piece of paper.
>>
>>54897082
Camilla is a pseudo name fag from way back when. Turned every game of his into Sopranos + 90s anime with vampires.
>>
>>54897279
>>54897279
It is so John the Autist doesn't decide to go 'What? Why don't you like that I'm raping the elf slave? Do you have something against Rape? Were you raped by a warrior anon? Hey tell us the story. Why are you mad?'

Which is just going to break the game down as the autist and the sadkid go at it and eventually get into some idiotic argument.

So instead you just have a 'don't even start with that' piece of paper.
>>
>>54897300
This doesn't seem very wise, seeing as the ST would have a harder time guessing what triggered the other person, so he could adjust his games in the future.
>>
>>54897300
The fuck is an x card?
>>
>>54897356
It's a sign for people that you need to kick out of your table.
>>
>>54897373
Wait did they really suggest a card that you can use to say you dont want to rp a particular subject?
>>
>>54897356
You just give each person a notecard with an X on it. If a topic comes up that they are too uncomfortable with to continue, they just tap it to say no.

That's it. A 'yeah maybe the vampire doesn't have his walls covered in disemboweled people' button. Or 'how about the Pure that captured us don't rape us into submission'.
>>
>>54897356
Basically, you pull out a black card with the letter x on it and it skips whatever scene your were playing. Like, say if a person is uncomfortable with racism, and the ST just introduced a racist npc, the triggered player pulls out the x card, and the scene is over, no discussion. At least from what i understand.
>>
>>54897373
Seriously what is it with WoD that brings out the most thin-skinned of humanity. This is why I only play Demon, Mummy, and Mage. Less likely to attract thin-skinned fucks.
>>
>>54897409
Fucking hell, when did this happen?

Fucking faggots!!
>>
File: My melanin enriched brethren.jpg (28KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
My melanin enriched brethren.jpg
28KB, 680x383px
>>54897411
>>
>>54897408
>the vampire doesn't have his walls covered in disemboweled people

That is the whole point of the best clan though. The Tzimisce.
>>
>>54897428
Blame indy gaming. If i recall right, this general has been talking about x cards for well over a year. (on and off of course, it was bigger when aspel was around)
>>
>>54897411

I hope you realize the X Card is years old at this point and has been widely lauded on the convention circuit as a valuable tool in play.
>>
>>54897454
I mean, no one is worried about that, because the only people playing oWoD haven't spoken to another human being in like 10 years.
>>
>>54897474
>Retarded people think retarded shit is valuable
What a surprise.
>>
File: The_Slender_Man.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
The_Slender_Man.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
Slender Man

Virtue: Fearsome
Vice: Observant/Mysterious
Aspirations: Take People Away, Remain Just Out Of Sight, Spread Fear And Madness, + ST Fiat

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 5, Wits 6, Resolve 8
Physical Attributes: Strength 5, Dexterity 6, Stamina 8
Social Attributes: Presence 8, Manipulation 6, Composure 8

Skills: Academics 2, Investigation (Spying) 5, Occult 4, Medicine 1, Athletics (Chasing) 5, Brawl (Claws And Tentacles) 4, Stealth (Stalking, In Plain Sight) 8, Survival 4, Empathy (Comforting) 3, Expression (Gestures) 3, Intimidation (Appearing Out Of Nowhere, Lurking Dread) 6, Persuasion (Taking People Away) 5, Subterfuge (Evasive, Mind Games) 6

Merits: Area Of Expertise 1 (Taking People Away, Mind Games), Danger Sense 2 (Advanced 2), Direction Sense 1 (Advanced 2, Epic 2), Double Jointed 2 (Advanced 1), Eidetic Memory 2 (Advanced 1), Indomitable 2 (Advanced 3, Epic 4), Interdisciplinary Specialty 1 (Taking People Away, Mind Games), Trained Observer 3 (Advanced 2), Vice-Ridden 2 (Advanced 3), Greyhound 1, Seizing The Edge 2, Iron Will 2, Striking Looks 2, Untouchable 1, Untouchable Style 4, Fighting Finesse 1 (Claws And Tentacles), Killer Instinct 3 (Advanced 2)

Willpower: 26
Defense: 11
Initiative: 14
Speed: ST Fiat
Health: 17 (Size 9)
Potency: 10

Weapons/Attacks
Claws And Tentacles [+2L melee; 9 dice]

Dread Powers: Chameleon Horror, Elusive, Hypnotic Gaze, Immortal, Influence (Just Out Of Sight 5), Madness And Terror, Maze, Natural Weapons 2 (Claws And Tentacles), Numen (Aggressive Meme, Hallucination, Implant Delusion, Implant Mission, Mortal Mask, Occult Sight, Sign, Speed, Teleportation), Surprise Entrance, Swift, Toxic 2 (Sick), Vanish
>>
>>54897504
You, screw the playerbase! What do those guys know!
>>
>>54897474
I roleplay with adults, and am only finding out about this X card shit now.

Holy shit, if somebody turned up with one to a game i was in id laugh my ass off. (yes i said iroleplay with adults and i laugh at a xcarder, sue me its funny shit)
>>
>>54897228
Aww hell. Changeling was my favorite game line.
>>
>>54897516
Anon, you're triggering me with these microagressive and pseudoracist comments. I might need to bring out my X-card so you'll stop such problematic posting.
>>
>>54897474
Conventions attract the worst kind of people, and have to appeal to the lowest commonly accepted social denominator.

Of course they'd praise it.
Can you imagine how people would respond if they didn't?
>>
>>54897504
>looking down on the storygames community
>in a general for storygame

Why are you here, exactly?
>>
>>54897474
>>54897516
I literally do not have time to deal with that kind of bullshit. If a GM takes the time out of his busy day to come up with a scenario and then run it for me of course I would be upset if some shithead kid decided its ok to skip the content meant for consumption. I got 40+ hours of work a week to do plus relationships that need to be maintained. With the little free time left I get to game I am not going to take game wrecking bullshit as a good idea.
>>
>>54897523
Yeah, because you probably play with people you know, with only the occasional stranger.

It is used at conventions because you might be playing a game with strangers, whose issues you aren't aware of.

Like, if you were playing with your friend that you know is a war vet, and has terrible mental episodes when confronted with the idea and aftermath of IEDs, would you then have an enemy in your campaign that blows up innocents with IEDs?

If you do, you're an actual asshole, and I don't know why anyone would play with you for long.

Now your vet friend decides to go play at a con, and doesn't know the ST, and would rather not end up mind-screwed for the next few days. But they also don't feel like shutting down the game at length to explain this and any other problems they have with a table of strangers.
>>
>>54897475
It's just their Paradigm. Seeing other people interferes with their magic.
>>
When did having a conversation before running a game not be a thing?

Xcards im still laughing
>>
>>54897523
The X card was developed with convention play in mind, among groups of people who do not necessarily know each other and that take place in unfamiliar locations.
>>
>>54897565
Even with the new edition, you won't have to run it this way. New Promethean has zirself pronouns in a few paragraphs but that sort of thing doesn't have to make its way into your campaign.
>>
Since VASCU and Teleinformatics is explicitly psychic, what other horrors came out of MKUltra in WoD?
>>
>>54897615
No, don't you understand anon.

They have to take a stance against optional social rules included for the sake of a game format they aren't even doing! They can't enjoy things if other people not like them are allowed to also enjoy them!
>>
>>54897599
Its basically a "Im not a functional adult" card?
>>
>>54897615
I planned on introducing fresh, new players to Changeling with Hill's 2e, because it seemed to be a better explanation of the setting and mechanics than 1e. Now Bailey's 2e is making me reconsider that. It gives the wrong impression of what I want the game to look like compared to the old fluff.
>>
>>54897588
Who is this namefag

Anyway. Storygames are enjoyable. The lines that do not attract the easy to offend are some of the best. Like I said, Demon, Mage, Mummy, and even Promethean are some of the best games on the market. Because you don't play some mopey hag in them.
>>
>>54897648
How odd. That's the whole premise of the exclusionary SJ movement in games.

God. Remember Eclipse Phase?
>>
>>54897588
>Just because I like parts of WoD means I have to accept the OPP playerbases endless retardation.
>>
>>54897411
So you play by yourself right? Nobody plays demon or mummy
>>
I'm joining a high-end Werewolf/Vampire crossover with my Mage character.

Obrimos
Gnosis 6
Forces 5 Prime 4 Life 5 Space 3 Time 2 Fate 2 Death 1

Anything I should know about? We're fighting Strix spirit hybrids.
>>
>>54897652
Yes, explicitly. Now you're getting it.

A lot of people are not functional. More so in the nerd community. You know, the whole 'escapism' thing tends to go well with people who otherwise have some sort of mental damage.

Is this a surprise? This has been the roleplayer stereotype since like day one. Did you watch Revenge of the Nerds?
>>
>>54897602
This, i 1000 times this. Just ask if the game would contain anything bothersome.
>>
>>54897648
I agree it's bad and shouldn't be in the book, but when has a White Wolf book not been stuffed with useless padding? Look on the bright side, if a player reads the book and comes to you promoting the X-card idea, it's a useful warning sign.
>>
>>54897654
No one cares if you play it. Get a life.
>>
>>54897683
Everyone loves fire. Indulge in the creation of colossal firestorms at every opportunity.
>>
>>54897654

I'm laughing my ass off at someone in these threads acting like Rose is some """SJW""" who is ruining Hill's vision. Not too lomg ago, these threads were villifying Hill for putting too much social justice into Changeling 2e.

Not that Hill's game wouldn't have been the better one.

>>54897657

I love Promethean and even I have to wonder how you wouldn't consider it a game about being a mopey hag. You play a soulless monstrosity that the entire universe treats as a punching bag!
>>
>>54897652
Not everybody is a edgy piece of shit like you and wants nonsense magical realm like rape and pedophilia in their games
>>
>>54897679
No I only play with adults who do not want to mope around all day crying about things. This is why we play Conan
>>
>>54897690
It's the WoD equiv of "I love D&D, It's just like Game of Thrones!"
Instant red flag and "Do not play with this person"
>>
>>54897705
Nobody cares, tripfag.
>>
>>54897705
Including a prommie type about getting your dingle cut off.

Because they couldn't make that any clearer the first time.
>>
>>54897717
Because he is right and BTFO your argument you have to resort to name calling. Sad!
>>
>>54897705
>Promethean
True but in Promethean you aren't stuck on that part. You are pushing through the mopey loneliness to become more human. There is also hope in it. Vampires are hopeless.
>>
>>54897683
Ummm, you're going to ruin the game, more than likely.

Though you only have a single dot in Death, none in Spirit. That leaves you in a pickle against those hybrids.
>>
>>54897720

Are you trying to imply that the myth of Osiris is some kind of social justice narrative? I didn't know the Egyptians 4000 years ago were the type.

Those were in 1e, anyway.
>>
>>54897683
Your character sounds broken as fuck and shouldn't have any problem soloing the game himself
>>
>>54897717
Save up the Atamajakki hate until he starts talking about Mummy.

You're going to need a lot of ammo.
>>
>>54897733
Right about what? He's a tripfag. Nobody likes tripfags. Not even tripfags, or they wouldn't post with big targets reading "shit on me".
>>
>>54897742
The first time was 1e.

Keep up atamajakki.

And no, I'm implying it was being used as one in promethean, though more in 2e than in 1e.
>>
>>54897683
>Mage in a Werewolf/Vampire game
Yeah you gonna ruin that shit
>>
>>54897761
So you admit to not having an argument?
>>
File: jawed.png (44KB, 396x304px) Image search: [Google]
jawed.png
44KB, 396x304px
>>54897683
>Obrimos
>Gnosis 6
>Forces 5 Prime 4 Life 5 Space 3 Time 2 Fate 2 Death 1

>not thinking you won't ruin the chronicle
>>
>>54897774
About what? He's a tripfag. Who needs an argument to tell a tripfag that he's a shithead?
>>
>>54897712
If some scene occurs on a plane and somebody x-carded it cos they are scared of flying, i would shit the fucking bed.

That person would be out the fucking door faster than my shit hitting the bed.

Not everything has to be edgy, the fact you went there means your the edgy faggot here.
>>
>>54897789
Yeah you admit it. Good day sir
>>
>>54897789
No one. But it also isn't an argument. We know he sucks, now what else? You can stop desperately repeating it.
>>
>>54897751
How is he broken though?
>>
>>54897771

You realize that Osirans in Promethean don't have to have their dicks missing, right? If memory serves, most of the example characters are doen either a limb ot an eye, and I think the text specifically calls out losing fingers or losing your tongue. But by all means, ascribe meaning to the text that isn't there.

Not that Promethean isn't an inherently transgender-friendly game or that the stories aren't trans-adjacent, but if you wanted to actually be mad about that you'd attack meatier parts of it than real-world mythology.
>>
>>54897786
Increase your death vs strix or rape em with forces and fire.
>>
>>54897805
Nobody xcards a scene because they have a fear of flying. Get over yourself you fucking spaz
>>
>>54897810
>>54897808
If you don't like hearing it sucks, then maybe you shouldn't have asked for an argument about why it sucked when it's a matter of public record?
>>
File: 1500009811478.jpg (43KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
1500009811478.jpg
43KB, 600x625px
>>54897705

Charles Bailey is a shitty person, and should be avoided at all costs. I've had the unfortunate experience of playing with him, and being forced to deal with his bullshit for years before leaving the MES.
>>
>>54897786
It's a high-end chronicle, I don't see how a supposedly broken (as >>54897751 is saying) Mage is going to draw much attention from something he has no way of handling. He has no dots of Spirit.
>>
>>54897830
Atamajakki, I was on your side. Please don't make me join the many people in this thread that would rather spend the whole thread calling you a shit.

Settle, the fuck, down.
>>
>>54897843

Learn to make your point without deadnaming someone. It's crass, and invalidates whatever points you may actually have.
>>
>>54897856
Neither werewolves and especially vamps can get anywhere close to a 2 degree master with that many points in the other arcana. And no you don't need spirit to shit on shitty ass strix who are easily the least of threatening of all the 2e splat enemies.
>>
>>54897843
Tell us a story Anon
>>
>>54897884
Charles Baily is a shitty person and should be avoided at all costs.
>>
>>54897838
Sounds exactly like something that would fucking happen.

Pretty sure when i join a game, its discussed before hand about the theme and setting, whats likely to occur and what we as players dont really want to touch on. So yeh all the edgy shit is covered well before we even start playing.

I really need to start getting to these con games where people are getting triggered enough to use a x card not on stupid shit.
>>
>>54897705
What changes has he made to 2e anyway?
>>
Had an idea for a Geist. Named him Starchild, and he was a kid from the 1960s, who loved looking into space, one day hoping to become an astronaut. Unfortunately, that dream was cut short when an asteroid pierced his skull. Now, I'm thinking to think of the general Gist of it, but I know I want it to have the creepy kid sort of vibe, and he would communicates his words through creating his words in the stars for his sin eater to read. Any ideas as to how you would design him?
>>
>>54897910
>what do strix do with fire or sunlight?
>what can forces 5 do
>rethink strix as bad guys
>>
>>54897843
>Charles Bailey
Literally who?

>>54897830
>Not that Promethean isn't an inherently transgender-friendly game

I don't understand how it can be trans anything. Promethium characters are neither male or female so much as they are living piles of meat.
>>
>>54897884

Found the SJW.
>>
File: 1424212601600.jpg (963KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1424212601600.jpg
963KB, 750x1000px
>>54897934
Something like this, maybe? I assume the Sin-Eater he would Bargain with would turn into one of the Forgotten.
>>
>>54897934
Fuck off.
>>
File: The_many.jpg (49KB, 483x362px) Image search: [Google]
The_many.jpg
49KB, 483x362px
>>54897955
>>
>>54897408
>werewolf players who aren't ready to be raped and rape in turn to show their dominance
I don't believe you
>>
>>54897955

Anon is deadnaming Rose Bailey, a trans woman who works as a developer for Onyx Path.

And I doubt you want me to really get into it, but either way: Promethean is a game where you're stuck in a body that does not feel like your own, that feels hideous and wrong, and can only be escaped and reclaimed through an arduous process of building a new identity for yourself you can be comfortable in.
>>
>>54897843
Sounds like story time.

Tell us more how shitty Charles Bailey was!
>>
What the fuck happened to this place
>>
>>54897994
Sounds like Charles is pretty gay.
>>
>>54897955
Easy, the Promethean is a corpse given the spark of life. They die and are reborn in an incomplete form that with time and strife will one day turn into a normal human life they can enjoy.

That's a pretty clear Trans narrative. They consider their old selves 'dead', and then they have to transition, which is difficult, and includes a ton of trying to belong or seem right. Their end hope is to seem so much like their intended gender that it is like they were always that way (like a promethean becoming a normal human).
>>
>>54897994

Mutilating your genitals and pretending to be someone else doesn't change the fact that you're still a dude.
>>
>>54897955
>Literally who?
Rose's real name.
>>
>>54898014
The fact everybody hates Prommies too is a big tranny thing too, cos you know its true.
>>
Someone has the pdf of "How do you do that?" For Mage 20th? Thank you.
>>
>>54897994
You mean he is man.
>>
>>54898030
And that how the ones who don't want to transition and want to hang around in some in-between state are at best sad screw-ups and at worst abjectly evil is right on the money
>>
>>54898014
Too bad that never happens unless the trans person transitions at an early age. Usually they end up looking like hideous abominations case in point Charles Bailey and Bruce Jenner
>>
>>54898014
>>54898030
Fuck, I know there's a great pun to be made about Prometheans, trannies and the both of them having an affinity for electricity but it's late AF here and I've had too much booze. Make the dank meme for me, Anons.
>>
>>54898030
Yep, that also fits the narrative.

They seem mostly normal, but people can tell something is off, and it leads to pointless violence on the part of people who would otherwise be reasonable.

This sad existence where the people they want to please only want to harm them drives their quest for belonging. Because if they reach a human state, this stops.
>>
>>54897973
What the fuck?
>>54897970
I'm looking for something like that, but a bit more retro-esque space themes, and stranger looking
>>
>>54898051
Seems too self-aware to be a trans metaphor made by trans people. Are the people who hate prometheans regarded as being bigots or anything, or is it couched like the world is out to get them for no reason?
>>
>What things have you seen X-Carded?

>I've seen the X-Card used easily 60-100+ >times (I play a lot of games with a lot of >people all over the world). Examples:

>I described an NPC smoking. A player was >trying to quit and felt uncomfortable.

Fucking hell.

>We played a modern realistic horror game. >Someone introduced funny elves.

Thats fine.

>I described plane turbulence. This triggered a >player and luckily I stopped asap (we had to >stop the game as well) and we did what we >could to help the person in question.

DID I JUST NOT FUCKING SAY THIS WOULD HAPPEN?
>>
Prometheans = soulless artificial humans animated by divine fire

Transgendered people = those who identify as a gender outside the one they were assigned

Prometheans = Transgendered people?????

I don't follow. It seems like one of those optional things that Anons blow way out of proportion.
>>
>>54898108
Sublimati = Transtrenders
>>
>>54898108
... come on anon, there has been several long posts explaining the comparison. You don't have to manually turn on the autism.
>>
>>54898099
>I described an NPC smoking.
>A player was >trying to quit and felt uncomfortable.

>I described plane turbulence
>This triggered a >player and luckily I stopped asap (we had to >stop the game as well) and we did what we >could to help the person in question.

I don't believe you. People don't get triggered over fuckin grains of sand.
>>
>>54898122
Yep, Trannies are exactly the same. Damage fabric of reality, bad sorts to have around.
>>
File: 1493064975356.jpg (233KB, 900x615px) Image search: [Google]
1493064975356.jpg
233KB, 900x615px
>>54898126
>4chan
>complaining that people are dialling the autism to 11
Come on, anon.
>>
>>54898138
Anon this is for the tumblr crowd, they will absolutely get triggered over grains of sand
>>
>>54898138
You sweet sweet summer child.

>people dont get triggered over grains of sand
>>
>>54898064
Mike ''Promthean?, Throw 'em in the Lethean'' Pence.
>>
>>54898138
Have you ever been to a con? They get.. weird.
>>
File: AstronautKid.jpg (74KB, 770x616px) Image search: [Google]
AstronautKid.jpg
74KB, 770x616px
>>54898076
I imagined something like this, but with more chrome and fins, and with a smashed skull hidden behind tiny nebulas and constellations inside the helmet.
>>
>>54898147
>man from 1990 emerges in [current year]
>>
>>54898138
Um excuse you, please put a trigger warning if you are going to use a period in your post, its very oppressive to remind transwxmxn of the menstrual cycle
>>
>>54898175
>going to conventions
who let this nerd in here
>>
>>54898126
Must have missed those posts. My point still stands. Anons are blowing it out of proportion. There is no rule saying that you must play as transgendered Prometheans.
>>
File: 3KbFk.jpg (15KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
3KbFk.jpg
15KB, 250x188px
Is there a lore reason as to how the neonate was so strong in VTMB?
>>
>>54898224
Because VTMB is not canon
>>
>>54898138
That's what a trigger is. If it was something you'd expect somebody to get that upset about, it wouldn't need the whole "triggering" thing to describe it, it would just be a normal response.
>>
>>54898224
No. Two theories: First, he was an 8th gen, sure, but Maximilian Strauss hit him with a ritual to allow LaCroix to dominate him for the purposes of an overthrow. Two: Cab-driver-caine was playing silly buggers.
>>
>>54898213
Of course not, it isn't even a suggestion. Saying something is X-friendly doesn't mean that you have to do it. It is just to say 'those sorts of people may gravitate to the game, because the themes resonate with them'.

I love Promethean, I also love my dick right where it is. But that doesn't mean I can't see why trans people would like certain game lines more than others (Promethean, and Werewolf if I had to guess).

Gays would like changeling more (themes of escaping oppressive relationships forced on them, coming out scared but beautiful and different)

Cucks like Mage (Despite godlike power, still never being powerful enough to save anything, and always being the slave of your rivals who rule from on high)

Some games just attract certain crowds.
>>
Now i just want to go to a con game and x-card the shit out of it.

yes im an asshole.
>>
>>54898224
They might be the childe of Cain himself, or at least a Malk methuselah
>>
File: 1464396950049.jpg (10KB, 307x250px) Image search: [Google]
1464396950049.jpg
10KB, 307x250px
Trannies get triggered over all sorts of shit nowadays.

YOU are forced to accommodate THEM, even if you had no desire to deal with them in the first place.

It's why I stopped playing with strangers, left the MES, and it eased so much stress that I had to deal with because I had to make sure people didn't get their feelings hurt or get offended at something that was inconsequential.

Your best bet to deal with people that have the X card out at conventions and public games is to quickly pack up your shit, say nothing, and leave. Also, don't get involved with live-action games that belong to global organizations. They unfortunately can't turn away shitty people, and thus it's a cesspool of SJW's, pedophiles and cringy retards.
>>
>>54898213
If Prometheans are transsexual for being in the wrong bodies, then vampires transition into bloodsexuals, and werewolf shapeshifting is reassignment surgery. You can compare sex changes to anything but that doesn't make it a useful comparison. If you want to play a sex change character your best bet is a character who had a sex change.
>>
>>54898260
>Changeling, like homosexuality is about being turned into a psychotic sterile freak by prolonged abuse and living in fear that it's going to happen again
I swear you people do this on purpose.
>>
Are there any records of secular Theban Sorcerers?
>>
>>54898274
Really this X-card stuff should be in convention rules, not a corebook. Even the proponents say it's a convention thing.
>>
>>54898307
Probably.
>>
>>54898274
>They unfortunately can't turn away shitty people, and thus it's a cesspool of SJW's, pedophiles and cringy retards.

I feel like these are based on specific stories, but I'm almost afraid to ask.
>>
>>54898311
Yeah. But it isn't the first time OP has spent word count on pointless side stuff.

Rose better deliver on the rest of the game, or all Changeling 2e will be is an X-card meme.
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SB0jsx34bWHZWbnNIVVuMjhDkrdFGo1_hSC2BWPlI3A/edit#

This is the cringiest thing i have ever read. It reads alot like OPP's new shit.
>>
File: 1502320582741.jpg (72KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
1502320582741.jpg
72KB, 600x719px
>>54898304
He's not wrong. Changeling is gay as fuck.
>>
File: lvtlryqbvo3mv0lelbpu.png (615KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
lvtlryqbvo3mv0lelbpu.png
615KB, 800x450px
>>54898351
Enough people like Changeling that even if there's no way to save the new one, they'll just keep the first edition alive.
>>
>>54898351
That horse has already bolted. You cant put it back in now.
>>
>>54898376
I don't know how to even respond to that picture
>>
>>54898351
I just want it to be about Arthurian and Courtly Romance tropes played out in the mortal world, or at least have that be an acceptable option alongside the grim darkness that White Wolf games tend to have.

I liked 1e so much because, despite the Durance, most of the court activities and motley themes were downright joyful. That and the interesting group politicking of oaths and court status.
>>
>>54898376
Um excuse??? I'm tapping the x card as hard as I can but you haven't taken down that picture
>>
Reminder that Mage is the *least* SJW / PC of all the gamelines.

Is it any wonder why people love it so much
>>
>>54898404
Im tapping my O card that means "More of this".

What happens, do they cancel each other out?
>>
>>54898345

I was in OWBN for a decade, and MES (previously the Camarilla) since '99.

I watched them slowly decline for awhile, with some flagrant abuses by some people excused because they were trans, homos, or because they were SJW's with a big enough flock and a friend at the upper echelon to overrule the local ST/Coord decisions.

I finally left when I realized it was a cesspool of extremely shitty people that consistently made poor life choices. The organizations had become their center of meaning because it allowed them some escapism from the shitty situations they kept putting themselves in due to their laziness or inability to make long term plans.
>>
File: PregnantShrek.jpg (201KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
PregnantShrek.jpg
201KB, 1200x927px
>>54898393
>>
>>54898178

terrifyingly accurate description
>>
>>54898390
Naw. Remember when all people would do is post screenshots of the neutral pronouns in Promethean? If you don't, that's because people already forgot. Same with the blurb about gender identity in Demon. Came up for the first time in a long time like three threads ago. Used to be a daily meme.

People stop caring about this stuff. Mostly because it isn't arguing about Mage.
>>
>>54898433
>Batman
>not Shadow
ok now Im triggered
>>
>>54898430
And then those people go on to make vampire 5e

Yay!
>>
Any hints on 2e Tremere yet? Aside from the fact that they have a Hollow stat instead of gnosis and use wisdom.
>>
>>54898433
I laughed for a good minute looking at that.

Thanks.
>>
>>54898452
What?
>>
What is this X-Card shit?
>>
>>54898434
It felt right.
>>
>>54898477
Your ignorance offends me
>>
>>54898467
Tremere is 2e are a split template, replacing gnosis with hollow and having houses instead of legacies.

Thats all we really know
>>
>>54898409
A PC group will play a game PC, a shitlord group will play it shitlord. You can present a game PC style, but shitlords will approach PC themes in an un-PC way and there's no preventing that.

For example, if there was a Blue Rose Urban Fantasy game that gave homosexuals superpowers, everything meant to be positive about the supergays could be turned on its head. Coming out makes them magically beautiful? ST presents them as rape monsters. Shitlords would make fagpire hunters and go to town.
>>
>>54898467
DaveB popped up and mentioned that in 2e Tremere become a modified template. They use Hollow instead of gnosis, a trait that lets their 'gnosis' consume the attached soul instead of fuel, gives them houses instead of legacies, etc. But that they do use wisdom.
>>
>>54898477
read it, weep
>>54898367
>>
>>54898393
>>54898404
I don't get it. Whats wrong with that picture?
>>
>thread already nearing 200 posts

Really?
>>
>>54898494
... why?

>DaveB

Nevermind. Why even ask.

What book is he putting this in?
>>
>>54898494
>>54898487
>hollow
>Waveman House
>Perfected Adept House
>Recreate Dark Souls in downtown New York.
>>
>>54898528
Because the Tremere are his baby.
>>
File: 635751951012795556.jpg (122KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
635751951012795556.jpg
122KB, 1600x1200px
>>54898376
Death isn't a worse enough fate for whoever drew this abomination
>>
>>54898304

The sterile thing is gone in 2e, according to Rose.
>>
>>54898541
>Charles
>>
>>54898541
Sorry to go off topic, but as the resident, Egyptaboo, how do you feel about the resurfacing of ''Kek''?
>>
>>54898499
That is super gay.
>>
>>54898541
What else has Charlie changed?
>>
>>54898541
It was already kind of weird, since Fetches could have (soulless) kids. Kind of strange that Changelings would for some reason not be able to.

I'm sure like anything with children and nWoD, the kids will be terrifying and screwed up though.
>>
>>54898541
Yes 2e seems to have a deep preoccupation on player pregnancies.
>>
>>54898571
Gender?
>>
>>54898508
You can't ask questions if someone plays the X Card!
>>
>>54898557
Somebody pulls a xcard out in a game in in, im x-carding that x-card.
>>
>>54898580
Mutilation isn't gender, anon.
>>
>>54898576
What are the chances it's just because Charles is hung up on the fact he can't get pregnant because he isn't actually a woman?
>>
>>54898580

Nah, can't change that, he's just a dude pretending to be a chick because he's a mentally unstable fuckwit.
>>
>>54898575
I personally houseruled that they could have kids, but it never came up in any of the games I ran or played in. It seemed like an oversight personally.
>>
>>54898575
Regular kids would be ideal. If they do Changeling Wolfbloods it's gonna be needlessly complicated and at the end of the day they'll still be dhampir buttmunches that players don't want to play and STs don't want to stat out as NPCs.
>>
>>54898593
I would just go out of my way to bring up whatever they X-Carded at any opportunity. Yes, I am that petty.
>>
>>54898594
Sex != Gender

Gender can be anything you want.

Not saying those people arnt fucking unstable fuckwits though.
>>
>>54898609
That poor cat.

>>54898611
>tfw personally 2x
no more late night posting for me
>>
>>54898601
Excuse you but she can get transpregnant.
>>
I'm surprised that they haven't gotten a hardon for the Theban in Blood and Smoke. An Awakened Vampire sounds like the sort of thing they'd be all over.
>>
>>54898576

It's mostly them trying to correct 1e'a weird obsession with sterility.
>>
>>54898626
Fucking triggers me, that Blood Magic in 2e you just have to identify as a female to have a period.
>>
Y'all know atama is trans, right?
>>
>>54898575
I would say Changelings can have regular kids, but they would be especially desired by the Fae.
>>
>>54898641
>the attention whore is a tranny
wow who'd have thought
>>
>>54898641
Mentally ill, anon. He's namefagging in a thread. It's obvious.
>>
>>54898636
Oh, so it's overcompensating?
>>
>>54898641

You mean "Atama is a delusional fuckwit that makes poor life choices"
>>
>>54898641
No shit. Half of these posts about trannies are just trying to get his goat.
>>
>>54898643
Reasons for Changelings not to be able to have kids:
- pushes them toward Changeling society instead of settling down and living normal lives
- makes them more like the Keepers, who can't make new people (which is why they kidnap them)
>>
>>54898643
>>54898612
'Regular' kids who are super likely to also get kidnapped would actually be pretty cool.

It would give the parents reason to be even more paranoid about the true fae, and would lead to a terrible disconnect between the kid and their parents as they get older (as the kid would wonder why their parents are living in fear like some kind of criminal.)
>>
File: Xgonangiveit.jpg (8KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
Xgonangiveit.jpg
8KB, 240x210px
Whole new meaning.

X-Carded!
>>
>>54898693
>"Mum, dad! You don't need to be afraid anymore! I met a new friend who said that he could help! Meet Mr Truefae!"
>>
>>54898656

Forsaken 1e had the Oaths ban Forsaken from having sex with each other because Apocalypse did it, and breaking the ban resulting in wolf-spirit-abortions haunting the offenders; 2e ditched that because it was stupid. Changeling 1e had a throwaway line about sterility, I think just to hammer home how shitty they have it. Prometheans are sterile... except when they're not, and their children are magical somehow in a way I forget.

Mummies can make someone extra fertile with an Utterance, and can presumably be fertile themselves.
>>
>>54898693
And if they get kidnapped, they can come back as Changelings. Humie kid's not ideal for the story anymore? Rip Van Winkle the bitch and age him up into a Changeling.
>>
>>54898700

I hate how hard thhe concept of a DMX Card made me laugh. Stealing that for my home table.

>>54898702
>tfw your child's new boyfriend is a Huntsman

It's just like that scene in Spiderman!
>>
File: 1484346647330.gif (2MB, 636x345px) Image search: [Google]
1484346647330.gif
2MB, 636x345px
>>54898704
>Mummies can make someone extra fertile with an Utterance, and can presumably be fertile themselves.
>extra fertile
>>
>>54898704
"Since I pissed off Potent-Hotep, my porn star career has been ruined. What an asshole."
>>
>>54898730
A mummy enslaved to a porn cult who wake him up to be a supernatural fluffer.
>>
>>54898686
Seems like having your kids desired by your Keeper would be fitting, then. They're jealous of your ability to make people and it thrusts you right back into your Changeling problems.
>>
>>54898730
>Potent-Hotep

I spat my drink out.
>>
>>54898671

Cow, actually.

>>54898726
>The mummy chooses any living adult she can perceive as part of unleashing this tier. Her player makes an Ab + Sekhem roll, resisted by the target’s Resolve + Sekhem. If the Arisen succeeds, the tier’s magic infuses that target with unnatural fertility as an atypical curse. A cursed target’s next mating with an adult partner of the opposite sex results in automatic conception. Such an enchanted pregnancy carries to term without any medical complications (congenital or environmental), but the child is born a Witness and never part of twins or larger sets unless Fate ordains that it be so.
>Unleashing this tier can make octogenarian conceive just as readily as a counterpart a quarter her age, ignoring such petty limitations as menopause and even regenerating amputated organs if needed (like reversing a hysterectomy, tubal ligation, or vasectomy). Both the father and mother of the child receive this healing in the moment of their attempt at sexual union and retain this healing after they are done, remaining fertile like young adults for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>54898739
It might even be why they let you "escape."
>>
>>54898747

That's already the twist for Demon-Blooded. No sense retreading that.
>>
>>54898738
[narrator's voice over epic opening montage of Irem and sacrificial rituals, followed by all of human history] "HIS LOVE FOR DICKS WOULD SPAN THE AGES..."
>>
>>54898738
You know, I've written lewd for most of the game lines. But I've never cared enough about Mummies to want to write one.

This would actually be hilarious.
>>
>>54898759
I don't see how you can avoid it. Changeling already has Keepers deliberately making it possible for changelings to leave for reasons of their own, and it already has Keepers coveting the act of true creation, and it already has Keepers valuing humans enough to steal them. Of course they'd be interested in letting their selected menageries of humans breed.

Shit, every game's got the Masquerade. There's no rule against reusing something like that.
>>
>>54898767
Could be worse. Could be a Deceived.

Then if they ever Ascended, chances are they'd just be returned for the dick because Fate is, well, a dick.
>>
>>54898788
Well, most masquerades tend to break peoples minds. Changelings have it more to keep their minds from being any more broken.
>>
>>54898704
There was actually a really nice part about how they're almost all sterile, not all of them and not completely.
But with a Goblin Contract to guarantee a child, but with some foods such as wooden eyes, or being catnip for gentry.

I dislike them cutting that part out.
>>
Spot the tzimisce
>>
>>54898815
That should be "some flaw"
It made out that any Changeling who actually managed to have a child was essentially blessed...

And heaven forbid a fetch have a child.
Those things are fucked beyond belief being the misbegotten spawn of a horrible false person.
>>
>>54898849

Rose has said playable fetches are something she might want to do in a supplement.
>>
>>54898848
I would read the hell out of an advice column responded to by each oWoD clan and their various derivatives.
>>
>>54898859
>Charles might do something 1e already did
He's sure ambitious
>>
>>54898859
>Playable fetches
Naw, Changeling needs a playable sub-template besides ensorcelled people.

Fetch's ain't it.
>>
File: 1198809.jpg (72KB, 640x504px) Image search: [Google]
1198809.jpg
72KB, 640x504px
>>54898859
>Charles
>He
>>
>>54898873
>Acts like this is a grand insult
>In the same thread we talked about DaveB making special rules for the tremere who were already playable in 1e.
>>
>>54898893
Yes it is a common problem with the new writers that they spend their time reinventing the wheel
>>
>>54898893
Mages were also playable in 1e. So were changelings. Ambition!

The difference is that it looks like the Tremere are going from weird sub legacy to weird secondary template. Playable fetishes you can already do with a bit of moderate fuckery, all Charles will be doing is writing a pile of bullshit woe is me tales and mapping them to other people's gameplay mechanics.
>>
>>54898877
Why need that?
>>
>>54898877

Fetches have an interesting narrative arc; what do you do when you find out you're a fake? I think that's worthy of exploration, and could make for a solid chapter of a supplement.

What would you add instead?
>>
>>54898879
It is a male name
>>
>>54898918
Huntsmen or Goblins.
>>
>>54897306
Anything specific? otherwise that's just matters of taste
>>
>>54898914
Tremere weren't a sub-legacy, they were just a legacy. They were just the only Left-handed legacy with anything interesting going on. There is no reason to give them unique mechanics besides DaveB wanking off to his own mage love.

Same reason Rose probably will make playable fetches, the wank material.
>>
>>54898918
I mean, except Fetches are also supposed to represent the doppleganger in a way.

Once a Fetch and its Changeling are aware of each other, it should end in one of them being destroyed, not the Fetch becoming some anti-hero.

They are created to take over a life, and make sure that the original owner of said life never returns. They are soulless murderers.
>>
>>54898970
Charles, anon. His name is Charles.
>>
>>54898970
The Tremere are more than that. They were/are another Order entirely.

Altered Templates aren't uncommon to begin with.
>>
>>54898986
Is Rose his trans name?
>>
>>54898991
Drag queen name
>>
>>54898970
Whatever gets done with Tremere might apply to other Reapers as well. Also, within the concept of "needs to steal souls to live," there's a lot of room for variation.
>>
>>54898918
A version of Fae Touched that are defined as people who have acquire a special template through Pledges with Changelings or True Fae that give them special powers and weaknesses. If the True Fae are Lords and Ladies, and the Changelings are Ascending Nobles, then the Fae Touched could be the Knights.
>>
>>54899007
Isn't that just Pledged mortals though?
>>
>>54898918
Hedge-tainted. Changeling toys with the idea of people turning into goblins through prolonged exposure to the Hedge but never really does much more with them than the Briarwolves.
>>
>>54899000
Nice trips
>>
>>54898986
I'm sorry, it doesn't really yank my chain one way or another to call someone by some other name. It isn't like they're here to see us calling them by another name, and they haven't done anything yet worth trolling them. So why would I bother?

By all means enjoy yourself, but I've got bigger fish to fry.
>>
>>54899024
Maybe the Hedge-tainted are the people who run Goblin Markets.
>>
>>54898005
(You)
>>
>>54899018
And aren't Tremere just a legacy of soul stealers?

Everything is JUST something until you give it mechanics.
>>
>>54899038
Charles, anon.
>>
>>54899038
Yet here you are. Making your displeasure known.
>>
>>54899018
I meant that they would be a full lesser template, rather than a list of Pledges they made. For example: they would be able to access the Hedge, and follow Changelings/True Fae into Dreams, use Tokens and some Contracts as if they were fae, and so on. The drawback is that they suffer extra Frailties themed after the Changelings/True Fae they serve (but do not suffer Aggravated damage from Cold Iron, and keep Integrity instead of developing Clarity).
>>
File: Magneto.png (301KB, 821x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Magneto.png
301KB, 821x1050px
>>54899051
I won't fight you, Charles.
>>
>>54899067
Well yeah, you resplied to me directly. No reason to ignore you. I figured I would let you know why I'm not responding in kind.
>>
File: tumblr_n67qxlZkac1rmw4oro1_400.jpg (20KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n67qxlZkac1rmw4oro1_400.jpg
20KB, 400x319px
>>54899076
>>
>>54899073
Seems like you'd only need a few new Pledge options to roll that into the Pledge system.
>>
>>54899089
That's great. It implies that he's the only person typing 'charles'.
>>
>>54899089
Then just don't respond. Don't tell me you are not responding by making a response to tell me your not responding.
>>
>>54899103
X-carded, fuck off
>>
>>54899115
X-Card X-Card X-Card X-Card X-Card
>>
>>54899098
You might be right. I still think it would be cool to have mortals who became both cursed and blessed through promises with Changelings/True Fae/Hobgoblins, since stuff like that is common in fairy tales. But I might be doing it the wrong way.
>>
>>54899115
No, no, *this* is the future, Charles.
>>
X-Cards, X-Men, and ex-men. This thread has it all.
>>
>>54899136
Best thread on /tg/
>>
>>54899103
But I didn't say I wasn't responding. Just that I'm not going to spam Charles instead of just saying Rose.

Protip: Responding in kind meant 'responding in the same manner'.

I'll respond to you all day, if you are that thirsty for (you)'s.
>>
>>54899048
>And aren't Tremere just a legacy of soul stealers?

They're an altered Template. They have 'Houses' instead of Legacies.
>>
>>54899136
I'm glad I helped set up this amazing punchline.
>>
>>54899184
"Nuh uh! You're a stupid head!"

Good job with that. Truly a master of rhetoric.
>>
>>54898969
What do you mean? Camila also acted like a giant fag. If i recall, he use to shat on anything not ''Vampion''
>>
>>54899127
New Pledge option: Burden. Take on a supernatural weakness to add points to your Pledge. (Maybe this automatically includes cold iron as well? Also maybe it's more cost-effective if it lines up with the Pledging changeling's themes, like water weakness when Pledging with a fire Elemental.)

New Pledge Boon: Dreamtreading. Treats the mortal as a changeling for the purposes of entering and manipulating dreams. (Same deal with Token use conditions and so on, or just write them up as Merits and get them via Merit Blessing.)

Blessing: Contract. Exactly what it sounds like. Pishogue but it gives you the power instead of hurting you with it.

Blessing: Goblin Vow Category.

Of course a character like this lives and dies by their Ensorcellment. Lose that, and the good side of these Pledges goes away.
>>
>>54899195
I mean, you said it not me.

Also, this is hilarious since we aren't even fighting about anything.
>>
>>54899216
Yes. All three of us agree that Charles is a mutiliated motherfucker with a mental illness.
>>
This thread was awful, where are my gateposting niggas at?
>>
File: 1486003901001.jpg (22KB, 237x170px) Image search: [Google]
1486003901001.jpg
22KB, 237x170px
>>54899115
>>
File: 1501583124689.jpg (30KB, 415x650px) Image search: [Google]
1501583124689.jpg
30KB, 415x650px
>>54899249
IN THE SPACE BETWEEN
WITH HER
FOREVER
>>
>>54899274
You son of a bitch it's my turn with her. Get out here and summon/banish abyssal intruders like your supposed to!
>>
>>54899292
Everyone needs the sixth attainment. According to legacyanon the fifth attainment is half a step away from being 'one with the Gate'.

I guess being a Gatewarden means you pick up a vore fetish.
>>
>>54899214
Sounds dope! Thanks Anon.
>>
Is there a CofD changeling inspired bloodline, or is The Bug Man just a flat out Kiasyd expy?
>>
>>54899345
A changeling inspired vampire bloodline?
>>
>>54899339
Since everybody's going to want max points for their cool shit, they're sure to make Pledges with awesome "knightly" tasks like Greater Alliance and Greater Endeavor.
>>
>>54899365
Yeah. Like the Kiasyd were on oWoD, and the Bugman is implied to be in nWoD.
>>
>>54897969
How would you handle Beebop and Rocksteady as Dread Powers?
>>
>>54897884
>It's crass, and invalidates whatever points you may actually have.
Only to people who actually care that much about something so stupid.
>>
>>54899443
I dunno, but someone wrote up the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the OP Forums:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/349384-think-of-fictional-characters-and-say-what-they-would-be-in-cofd?p=905633#post905633
>>
>>54897454
dude, that would STINK
>>
File: KISS.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
KISS.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>54897934
Will this game also include a a member of the Prey called the Cat Man, a Forgotten called the Demon (makes more use of Pyre-Flame than his other Key) and another Forgotten called the Space Ace (industrial Key is the closest thing to lighting manipulation in the arsenal of a Geist)
>>
>>54899482
>>54899443

Unholy Strength/Stamina, permanent Giant Size +1 or +2, low Dread Attacks for horns/tusks. A little automatic Dement if you want them to look so crazy they cause weak Lunacy. Fury if you think it's appropriate. It's not a Dread Power but they also have guns and combat skills.
>>
>>54898848
Why is the Tzimisce Antedluvian lookin' for a date on Gehenna?
>>
>>54899523
Sounds fitting.
>>
>>54899562
Indeed.
I seems to recall that someone blasted the two of them with a shotgun during the comics...and Beebop said that it tickled.
>>
>>54899604
Might have to throw in some natural armor for that.
>>
>>54899546
Because he finally got in shape. BA DUMP BUMP
>>
>>54898014
Promethean is Frankenstein's monster wants to follow Pinocchio and the trans narrative is completely unecessary.
>>
>>54899635
Gigantic devouring blob is a shape.
>>
>>54899638
All narratives are unnecessary. They are there anyway. Get over it.
>>
>>54899638
In this post you transition from haven't-explained-my-position-on-whether-Promethean-is-a-trans-narrative-gendered to HAVE-explained-etc.-gendered. Your post is a trans narrative. This sentence is a trans narrative. My next fart will be a trans narrative.
>>
>>54899643
A gigantic devouring blob that can take any shape it desires.

Truly it would be the perfect partner.
>>
>>54899726
Time to make a new thread since the fucking trannies ruined it
>>
>>54899820
What better picture into modern social politics is there than a thread where a bunch of people spend the whole time complaining about nothing but how they don't like that someone is a trannie. Then blaming the poor quality of the thread on trannies.

It is like complaining about birds, goring one in your room, then saying 'look, birds ruined my room too!'

No one forced you guys to spend the whole thread mocking Rose. Maybe next thread we can just go back to mage supremacy like a more wholesome general.
>>
>>54899820
Tsimicse isn't a transexual anon. He/she/it is what tumblrite want to be when they claim to be agender. Embrace the flesh. Besides, Koldunic disciplines are more fun than Vicisstude.
>>
>>54899868
>No one forced you guys to spend the whole thread mocking Rose
>Rose
Charles.
>>
>>54899868
Why you took the trip off? Also Charles will ruin changeling 2e and I will be laughing my ass off when it is so bad it makes beast look like Mage 2e
>>
>>54899930
But Mage 2e is an overrated hot mess. :^)
>>
>>54899930
I'm not ata. That dickhole couldn't drop his trip if his life depended on it.
>>
But enough of this!

We already have Beebop and Rocksteady, but what about Baxter Stockman, the Foot Clan (with Shredder) and the Purple Dragons (with Hun)?

Oh and I almost forgot Agent Bishop.
>>
>>54899975
Oh wow. Now there's some compelling fucking evidence. On that note, I'm actually DaveB and I'm here to tell you that I'm actually Obama too. We've always been one person.
>>
>>54899930
The communities they accept feedback from are either weird combinations of safe space hugbox that can't evaluate the game as a game and microaggression firing squad (like rpgnet) or tiny testgroup total lockdown (Exalted 3 after the "leak crisis"). It's a miracle they release anything playable.
>>
>>54899998
Calm down Media.
>>
>>54899998
You really must be new here is you don't know that about atamajakki. He is Maximum autist, supposedly some kind of trans, loves mummy way too much for it being the second worst game line, and can never take a hint that no one in these threads likes him. Ata doesn't lurk.
>>
>>54899998
Quads speak truth
>>
>>54899969
You're an overrated hot mess.
>>
>>54900044
>He is Maximum autist, supposedly some kind of trans, loves mummy way too much for it being the second worst game line, and can never take a hint that no one in these threads likes him.
Let's face it anon, anyone who posts here could fit any two of these given criteria on their own.
>>
>>54900065
>>54899969
Can you two just fuck already, jeeze!
>>
>>54900086
Only if he admits Mage 1e is better. :^)
>>
>>54900086
Only if he admits Mage 2e is the best thing to ever grace WoD
>>
File: 1415990693891.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1415990693891.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>>54900144
>actually liking the system that punished you for playing a fucking mage
>>
>>54900299
Paradox in 2e has some bite to it, but it is far more manageable.
>>
>>54900325
>your punishment is actually having to spend your mana.

Jesus Christ how horrifying!
>>
>>54900156
Not having a good set of major Legacies in the corebook was a mistake. They had the whole first edition to choose from.
>>
>>54900362
Don't worry. We have the Rehashing.
>>
>>54900404
That does help, but I think corebooks should be complete games, and without Legacies, Awakening is not complete. DaveB should know this; Legacies were a huge part of his games.
>>
>>54900424
Meh. Legacies are Z-splat. They aren't essential to playing the game, and are just a cool extra. It is okay they waited.
>>
>>54900009
I think some of the 2e rules have been pretty clunky. Also the 20th anniversary books are hot garbage lately. Mage 20th is so much wasted space.
>>
Would a Buddhist member of the Get of Fenris make sense?
>>
>>54900468
Broken Diamond and Soul Cage both have mentor Legacies and PCs aspiring to Legacies in their first session. They're a great way to introduce styles of using magic and give players some idea of what a career as a mage can turn their characters into.

2e gives Forsaken Lodges more wordcount than Awakened Legacies, and you damn well don't need Lodges in your first WtF session.
>>
>>54900521
It's the White Wolf way — cut essentials out, leave unnecessary stuff in, and above all don't be concise. I'd love to see them learn how to edit in time for Wraith20.
>>
>>54900612
Well DaveB days you don't need them
>>
>>54900630
Says*
Sheesh
>>
>>54900612
man magefags are a whiny contentious lot
>>
>>54898741
With this you can have generations of incest without the setbacks. Fantastic!
>>
How do you guys deal with robot npcs and hostiles in your games?
>>
>>54900753
>Just like my Egyptian Hieroglyph Walls.jpg.
>>
>>54900753
Someone post the image of That Dating Sim, you all know the one I mean.
>>
>>54900590
I'm going to say probably not if you want them functional.
They may disbelieve in hurting /mortals/, but to be a Get is to be a proactive and forceful presence, if need be. A Buddhist might try to do things administratively, but Gets aren't about minimizing conflict, they're about exerting as much conflict on as much weakness as fast as possible to succeed.

A Buddhist Get might fit as a Ragabash or Philodox, but...
>>
Hey guys?
I know the answer is probably, "it's your campaign, and your system, fluff it how you want." BUT..

I was contemplating the nature of the physical disciplines in their relation to the Cainite's body, and ultimately, their potential. Mechanically, this entire post is pedantry, but I still want to know what you think.

If you have 5 Potence and 1 Strength, you still effectively have 6 strength. A 98 pound weakling could lift a sumo wrestler over their head and fling them like an empty Ikea box.

I'd argue this is a supernatural power more than true strength. A permanent supernatural buff. An extraordinary strength, like Superman when he has solar power on his skin. It's on top of their natural attributes, but it isn't a bonus to their actual attributes. It's an esoteric upgrade, regardless of your physical body..

We know Disciplines can overlap. Fortitude and the effects of Visceratka and Serpentis stack. Fortitude and Protean stack, because the natures of how this extraordinary resilience are different in nature. Serpentis transmutes the body, reducing soak difficulties to 5 because of the tough, "rubber-band man bounces back" nature of the transformation. Visceratka adds 1 die to soak aggravated and lethal, 2 extra against bashing and halves fire based damage after soak at the cost of a 2 die penalty for touch based perception rolls.

With this in mind, suppose somebody came to you and proposed their 15th or 14th gen Inceptor make a discipline that converted 1 die per Discipline level of their Attribute Stamina? It would now enable them to not just soak bashing and lethal with that number of stamina points, but aggravated damage. It wouldn't be extra levels of fortitude, but for all intents and purposes, it'd make the body physically more resilient against supernatural damage. Dice in their Stamina pool would join dice in their Fortitude.

It wouldn't add any dots to Stamina in any application other than allowing them to soak aggravated damage.
>>
File: 1502883193861.jpg (61KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502883193861.jpg
61KB, 400x600px
>Vampire
>my rund starts at the end of WW2 in Germany
>due to both WWs most old Vamps are in hiding and the age structure in Europe is similar too Murica in the original setting

>what I got

>Anarchs split between a decaying fascist branch, communists and democrats

>loots of problems with rampaging Anarchs and Vamps used to a thin Masquerade due to the war

>power structures are torn apart and have to be rebuilt- with room for Vamps to assume positions of political power

>eastern bloc is hell for vamps, leading to a surge of vamps fleeing to the West later on

>only Anarchs remain in the east, leading to a diverse range of vampire societes there

What are your ideas for the time period
>>
>>54901813
>A Buddhist Get might fit as a Ragabash or Philodox, but...
I see where your coming from.

I'd also say he'd be more "directly assertive" about the incorrectness of conflations that he is a Skinhead (Who do you think the Nazis stole the Swastika from.) than most other Get members.
>>
>>54902325
This is probably a good thing because, unlike most Get members, I can't see his initial response being "Reach down the uninformed sods throat and pull out their kidneys.".
>>
>>54902325
Hehehe...
Admit it. You just want a white buddhist Get with a manjit to turn the 'swastika covered skinhead' stereotype on its head, don'tcha?

No shame in admitting it. It's funny.
>>
>>54902314
sounds good if you don't mind some ignorant yankees getting everything wrong mid play!
>>
Well since Mages love using broken creative thaum to shit on other splats especially vamps and wolves. I've made my own anti mage gift known as Imagine Breaker. This gift allows you to negate any supernatural magical affect. The gift is only active in the users right arm and is powered by a some kind of dragon god. It's only weakness is that has zero effect on natural or mundane targets.
>>
>>54902644

>ignorant yankees

We are ignorant germans famalam. When I doubt I ask my grandma. Its going to be really fun because we all have a hardon for political shitposting and the whole political compass is represented in the group.
>>
>>54902778
Oh, the players are German? Okay! That's entirely different.
Good 'nuff, my Deutchlander friend. Have fun with it. It sounds good.

The fact Eastern Europe is hard even for vampires is grimly hilarious.
>>
>>54902835
We are all German so I am Not that worried about historical stuff.

Well the Eastern bloc was totalitarian/authoritarian and everything they did was shit for vamps. No large scale property holders, deep mistrust against non conformist people (only going out at night for example) and a state snooping into private life to a paranoid degree.

Also its good to reflect the divided Germany in game with Vampire refugees from the east flooding in. And these Refugees might still be a tad to anarchistic for the conservative western German Camarillia...
>>
>>54902883
On the bright side, you suddenly have fantastic reasons to practice Obfuscate.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.