[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Great evil was struck down long long ago and imprisoned deep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 23425.jpg (20KB, 200x259px) Image search: [Google]
23425.jpg
20KB, 200x259px
>Great evil was struck down long long ago and imprisoned deep within the earth, festering for countless ages while empires rise and fall above it.
>It's minions and its own machinations lead to it digging upwards to freedom, while explorers dig down to plunder the ruins of ancient civilizations. Meanwhile, earthquakes rock the region, leading to the area becoming a labyrinth of natural caverns and crafted dungeons.
>Eventually a cabal of arch-wizards stumble upon the place. They explore a bit, disregard the history and foreboding evil of the place, and have a very bad idea.
>They hire adventurers to go through the place and scry on them dying horribly.
>It entertains the wizards for a little bit, but they quickly decide the place needs improvement.
>Arch-wizards hire assistants to expand, oversee, and stock the dungeons with tricks, traps, and monsters.
>They then televise delves to the masses via crystal ball. It's an instant hit, and they rake in tons of cash from their reality show/death sport.

Solid concept for a megadungeon? Or is it too goofy?
>>
>>54894625
x-crawl did it better.
>>
>>54894625
It's pretty goofy. If it's too goofy, depends on your group.
>>
Do you guys have any other ideas? Or am I worrying about the origin story a little too much?
>>
>>54894625
>Great evil was struck down long long ago and imprisoned deep within the earth, festering for countless ages

Am now picturing an ancient sauerkraut fermenting in the dungeon
10/10 would fill dungeon with plenty of ooze, slime and plant monsters for an overall concept of leaky kimchi
>>
>>54895156
Honestly the origin might be a way to make it more grounded, like start out with the over the top TV executive wizards, start off with easy stuff, then bring in a terrible fear-check monstrosity that indicates exactly what's going on. Then the adventurers think, oh shat, there are nightmares waiting to get out in here. Maybe even have a joke about the wizards censoring the thing. I'm just spitballing, and your first suggestion might be best for your group, but I think there are ways to take the story into a more serious direction, even if the premise is straying toward ungrounded (to me)
>>
>>54894655
>x-crawl
Speaking of which... does anyone have the maximum x-crawl pdf for pathfinder?
>>
>>54894655
first post best post
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.