[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/BGG/ Board Game General - Post Your Collections Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 45

File: board game general.jpg (1MB, 1365x1365px) Image search: [Google]
board game general.jpg
1MB, 1365x1365px
/BGG/ Board Game General - Post Your Collections Edition

Previous thread:
>>54858388

Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/NA2W929q

---------

Share your collections and talk about them. You can also share your wishlists.

Which 3 games from your collection couldn't you live without?

What would you say are some of the most underrated (be it ratings or popularity) games of the last couple of years?

What's your biggest triumph when it comes to boardgaming? Your best win story.
>>
File: lusty dragon.png (470KB, 959x633px) Image search: [Google]
lusty dragon.png
470KB, 959x633px
>>54892528
>3 dinosaur games in the OP image
>>
Fief: France 1429 yes or no? I like negotiation and light warfare but some people say it is too random in the cards you get.
>>
>>54892528
Reposting if diplomacy anon didn't see my reply
>>54892458
>>
First for Scythe is bad meme.
>>
>>54892528
>Which 3 games from your collection couldn't you live without?
Seven Wonders is the only one I really couldn't live without. There's others I love more, but Seven Wonders is the one which can fit any size of players looking for something, doesn't take too long, and is simple enough to be a good intro game for newbies without being too simple to hold my interest. It's my workhorse.
>>
>tfw can only play board games twice a week at most

How do I make more friends?
>>
>>54892856
By sucking their dicks
>>
>>54892528
Secret Hitler, World Championship Russian Roulette, and Race For the Galaxy. All three are huge social staples of game nights that I'm expected to be able to provide. And, of course, I personally love them too.

>What would you say are some of the most underrated (be it ratings or popularity) games of the last couple of years?
Mafia de Cuba gets panned pretty consistently for being finnicky and weird, and requiring a ludicrous playercount to work well. And it totally is all of those things, but none of those things are intrinsically bad! It's a great game with metric tons of content and fun situations.
World Championship Russian Roulette came out without much fanfare and the people who did notice it called it a luckfest. Again, yes, it totally is a luckfest, it's russian roulette for crying out loud! But you do manipulate that luck heavily, you bet on it, and you can bluff your way around it altogether too. It's a very nuanced game, and it's brilliant.
Werewords is new and already getting hate for the horrendous art, app requirement, and being a ripoff of Insider. All of these things are - you guessed it - totally valid complaints. But the gameplay itself is really well done! It's much more nuanced and interesting than Insider, the app is brilliant because it allows the words to never "run out", and it's been a hit with everyone I show it to, once I explain that it really isn't as bad as that puketastic art, I swear to god.

>What's your biggest triumph when it comes to boardgaming? Your best win story.
Coming second in a Star Realms tournament. I rarely get to say I'm legitimately capital-g Good at a game, but that's one I am.
>>
>>54892856
Only twice a week? Fuck you, I haven't played a board game in two months besides solo games
>>
What's the next Vlaada game I should get? I've got mage knight and Galaxy Truckers and i love them both to death.
>>
>>54892940
Tash Kalar?
>>
>>54892939
Why dont you play with /bgg/ on TTS then?
>>
>>54892964
Tell me more, please
>>
What's the deal with pic related? Some people praise it to high heaven while others completely shit on it saying it's not even a war game. I haven't played it so I'm wondering.
>>
File: memoir 44.jpg (18KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
memoir 44.jpg
18KB, 246x246px
>>54892992
>pic related

... shit here's the pic
>>
>>54892992
without a picture could be a lot of games
a lot
>>
>>54892986
Nigga what? Just ask if anyone on here wants to play a game on TTS.
>>
>>54893006
it's not really a wargame, but it looks like one from the case. It's really a failure to communicate
>>
>>54892528
>Share your collection
I think this crap is up to date, other than adding TI4 to """"owned"""" status.

>Wishlist
Honestly not much, other than stuff I'm waiting on like TI4 and a smattering of KS projects of varying probable quality. Hasn't been much announced this year I've gotten really excited about. Even TI4 would be pretty marginal for me if I actually owned a copy of TI3.

>3 games you couldn't live without?
I don't fucking know, I'm so damn flighty about what I really think will last me forever. Today, it's probably something like:
-Stronghold
-Kemet
-Twilight Imperium

>Underrated recent games?
-Stronghold is pretty high on that list for me, it's a nearly perfectly thematic two player meatier game that I think deserves more attention. If I'd played enough Twilight Struggle to have a valid opinion, I probably wouldn't hesitate to call Stronghold close to as good. Maybe better.
-Chaosmos is a really unusual up-to-your-eyes-in-ameritrash design from a couple years back with almost-bad-enough-to-be-good art that I think deserves a little more recognition than it gets just for creativity, it's a hot mess of a hidden information McGuffin chase.

>>54892856
I'm happy to be pulling closer to twice a month right now you ingrate.

>>54892992
It was just a little too wide-lens and abstract for me, didn't really scratch that Company of Heroes itch like Heroes of Normandie does.
>>
File: SteevsShit.jpg (2MB, 2024x5536px) Image search: [Google]
SteevsShit.jpg
2MB, 2024x5536px
>forgot pic
I don't even know if I need caffeine or sleep anymore.
>>
Yo what are some must have coop games?
>>
>>54893228
Needs more cat.
>>
>>54893045
My bad, I thought there was a discord or scheduled time for certain games
>>
>>54893564
As a thread, we fail pretty hard at organizing anything outside the thread afaik. There have been attempts at both a discord and TTS game nights, but not with any real success.
>>
>>54892940
Dungeon Petz
>>
File: fury of cattula.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fury of cattula.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>54893338
Cats barely ever even come inside this time of year unless they've had a crappy day hunting and want food or air conditioning.
>>
>>54893316
Depends. Do you want abstract puzzle solving or thematic fuckery?

>puzzle solving
Pandemic (obviously)
Forbidden Desert
Legends of Andor

>thematic
Arkham Horror LCG if you have a thick wallet
Eldritch Horror (+Forsaken Lore!)

Others I haven't played but heard great things about:
Mansions of Madness 2e
Ghost Stories
Flash Point Fire Rescue
>>
>>54892724
Alright thanks man, I'll try it out. I wanted to go for the biggest community anyways, and that looks like it is.
>>
>>54893316
Space Hulk Death Angel (can be played coop but better as a solo)
>>
>>54893228
How's Battletech alpha strike?
>>
>>54893618
I'd be down for trying a semi regular game schedule
>>
>>54894147
It's pretty solid. It's a generous box, lots of reasonably decent sculps by battletech standards (which aren't the best) and plenty of map for starting out. The whole design is still very much a product of the 80's, but it holds up alright, and the alpha strike box is a great place to start with battletech. Probably as far as I'll ever get into it, though.
>>
>>54894264
Rulebook and Lrn2Play books for TI4 are up.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/15/the-age-of-twilight/
>>
File: IMG_0295.jpg (121KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0295.jpg
121KB, 500x500px
>>54894264
Where'd you get the box from? All I can find are books or these boxes like pic related. If I was wanting to get into alpha strike, what would you recommebd?
>>
>>54894448
Actually, looks like I have my BGG collection fucked up, this is the box I actually have. Looks like it's out of print right now, though.
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/191207
>>
>>54893316
>>54893859
In praise of Flash Point: Fire Rescue, because of how easy it is to play, and how modular the system is. You will always be fighting fires and rescuing victims, yes, but you can greatly customize from there. You can fight house fires, office building fires, fires onboard an aircraft, et cetera.

Want to expand to a second floor, or a basement, or both? May as well add ladders too then. There's rules for locked doors/fire doors, for the floor collapsing underneath you, and even fatfuck or injured victims who are harder to move. Oh, there's also hazmats, and chemical spills, and other generally bad stuff being on scene.

All this and a selection of different roles to choose from, each being good at something specific. You can pick and choose what pieces you want to play with and make the game as involved or difficult as you choose. So yeah, fun.

There's an expansion on Kickstarter currently going on too if you're really interested, though I think only for a couple more days. Pretty cheap too, only $20, and it adds events to contend with.
>>
>>54893316
Gears of War doesn't get enough love... it's great.
>>
File: boardgames8-15.jpg (609KB, 1594x897px) Image search: [Google]
boardgames8-15.jpg
609KB, 1594x897px
Rate my haul anons.
>>
>>54894916
>3012
My ex-FLGS tried to sell that shitty game for like 4 years.
>>
File: bad-decisions-tattoo.jpg (91KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
bad-decisions-tattoo.jpg
91KB, 640x428px
Missed the migration
>>54889041 (awful games)
Yashima
Dungeon Time
Ticket to Ride
Blokus (squares)
Apples to Apples
Cards against Humanity
We didn't playtest this at all
Sequence
Fluxx version 5.0 (no creepers)

off the top of my head
>>
>>54894956
It was on sale for extra cheep, so I won't feel too burned if I don't like it.

I've got a soft spot for deckbuilders.
>>
>>54895028
>Cards against Humanity
Fuck this game and all its variants (Cyanide & Happiness specially). My group is constantly trying to push for these games, I get it, they are "funny" a couple of times but they lose their charm after the 2nd play.
>>
>>54892992
I think it's babbys first war game, which suits me just fine. It's not quite Uno level but I'm pretty sure if you were any kind of serious war gamer you'd see it that way.

For me, it suits just fine as a 2p game. Light easy to learn, interesting. I did absolutely blow out my more experienced opponent once, literally wiped the board and lost maybe 2 units (not hexes, UNITS) just because that game I rolled like a fucking Adonis. I can see where if that shit kept happening it would cease to be fun quickly.

That said I played Overlord and found it to be the most boring trite shit ever- and I was the Commander on our side of the table.

I give it a 6/10, would play anytime but won't buy.
>>
>>54895028
What's wrong with Yashima? Seemed fine the couple of times I played it.
>>
>>54893859
Is Forbidden Desert somehow better than Forbidden Island? Because I certainly wouldn't put Forbidden Island on any "must" list.
>>
>>54895125
it's overcomplicated for a game whose theme is basically "lets see who the best pillow fighter is"

multi players can come back and fuck other people for no apparent reason, but not win

facing is hugely important (for what purpose) but there is zero indication of facing on the minis

tiny board area with placement rules that guarantee the same shape battlefield

idiotic hex attack patterns that are impossible for normies to understand (for what purpose)

every review says "well it's just beautiful" and not much more

that's just off the top of my head. I think one guy out of seven people who've played was even interested in playing again and I haven't been able to get rid of it to save my life
>>
>>54895028
Why did you list Blokus (squares)?
>>
>>54895273
because the topic was some things are outright fucking garbage
>>
>>54895287
And would you mind explaining why it's "outright fucking garbage"?
>>
>>54895337
Because I'm no good at it ;_;
>>
>>54895337
no theme, duh
>>
>>54895047
Oh yeah, somehow I forgot that in my list of complete shit games last thread.
>>
>>54895351
>>54895394
So there's no reasons why it's bad
>>
>>54893833
happy anon here, thanks
>>
I couldn't find an answer online, so do any of you know how much time I have to pull the trigger on a Twilight Imperium 4e pre order?
>>
40 Relic looks fun, playing it soon.
But is Horus Heresy from FF as shit as it looks?
>>
>>54892528
Hard to say, maybe Archipelago, Coup/Love Letter, and Kemet? My answer willl have probably changed 5 min from now.

>What would you say are some of the most underrated (be it ratings or popularity) games of the last couple of years?
Valley of the Kings for sure, it's the best deck builder I've ever played and deserves to be more well known.

Beating my Autistic friend at Carcassonne. Doesn't sound like much but it was a huge achievement for me because he's some kinda fucking savant at that game.
>>
>>54893833
>The Sleeping Furry of Catula
>>
How difficult is Inis to play? Love the theme.
>>
>>54896739
It really depends on the group. I hear some people love the draft or hate it. My group loves it, because we've all played drafting games, but I understand some people who are frustrated by the mechanic. The three different victory conditions can really sneak up on you fast, and first time people will most likely not understand how close they are to actually winning, so I recommend printing whatever player summaries you can find on BGG, because the ones that come with the game do not have the victory conditions on them (but contain everything else). I'll also recommend you print out the community errata/FAQ on BGG, because there are some typos and mis-translations that are really bad in the game (the fucking stone circle ability as mis translated and becomes and INSANELY strong ability if you don't know how it should be).
>>
File: file.gif (6KB, 471x316px) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
6KB, 471x316px
>>54895795
At least trigon has some mental complexity in fitting the pieces.

Square blokus is:
>what is the largest piece I can put in
>repeat

I mean maybe if you have trouble with pic related it would be the slightest bit interesting but it's basically a game we played when my niece was 8.
>>
>>54896982
Ok, there's an answer that actually has substance. Thanks anon, I'll subscribe to that
>>
Anyone have experience with the Cities In Ruin expansion for Eldritch Horror? Do you like what it's added?
>>
File: pic3427544_md.jpg (74KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
pic3427544_md.jpg
74KB, 500x264px
>>54897084
it's worth the price of admission for Ashcan Pete and Duke alone.
>>
File: boardgamescollection.jpg (498KB, 1681x1295px) Image search: [Google]
boardgamescollection.jpg
498KB, 1681x1295px
Posted last thread and realised I need to flush it out, at least with relevant old school games that I would actually bring to game night on occasion.

1. Roll for the Galaxy
2. 7 Wonders

My experience being neither deep nor broad, I'd have to say Harbor (aka Harbour). It's very easy to underestimate because it's a small box with few pieces and pretty simplistic artwork.

That I haven't been kicked the fuck out of my group.

Error: Our system thinks your post is spam.
jesus christ what 4chan
>>
>>54897342
also recommendations for decent 6+ player games that are not party games (codenames, spyfall)?

Currently 7 wonders is the only >5 game I have to whip out.
>>
>>54897775
Carcassonne or Diplomacy,
>>
>>54897775
6 is kind of a weird player count, it makes downtime too long in a 'regular' game and it's too few people for a party game.

Rex/Dune, AgoT, Cosmic Encounter, Evolution, Diplomacy, Zombicide, Coloretto, No Thanks, For Sale, I'm the Boss... can't think of any more
>>
>>54896982
Blokus is simple, but I'd say
>what's the largest piece I can play in a manner that I block my opponents while keeping as much territory as possible available for future moves
is more accurate. It's not as simple as you make it to be
>>
>>54898521
considering everything is corner touch it's pretty damn hard to ever block someone intentionally- I mean usually by that time in the game you're also reduced to a limited number and shape of pieces and they just shrug and play off some other corner of theirs right through your line
>>
>>54898478
As an unabashed Zombicide apologist, Zombicide is NOT a good six player game. Zombicide is a great three player game, when everyone gets control of two of the six survivors, and a pretty good two player game, but at six players half the rounds are going to involve someone dying a third of the way through an hour and a half long play session and sitting there with their thumb up their ass the rest of the round.
>>
>>54894916
Meh/10
>>
Should I just buy TI3 or should I wait for TI4?

unrelated but could you guys recommend me other games that are similar to Mage Knight? Preferably coop games.
>>
>>54898669
why wouldn't you wait? Even if TI4 is bad for some reason the used TI3 market is going to be cheap as hell.
>>
>>54898669
look at renegade on ks for something coop like mage knight. not sure if it ended or not but its very similar and made by ricky royal who does some the best mage knight videos out there
>>
>>54898669
>>54898687
Why is TI3/4 so expensive? All the minis?
>>
does anyone know if/where i can find a pnp of citadels?
>>
>>54898942
there are a lot of components in general and none of them are shit quality (speaking on 3 of course). plus lots of minis equals expensive.
>>
How do I get better at Terra Mystica without embarrassing myself?
>>
How do I get better at Terraforming Mars without embarrassing myself?
>>
>>54899709
>>54899798
How do I get better at making a single post without embarrassing myself?
>>
Am I a bad person in thinking that Dark Souls the Board game is actually pretty good if you cheat at it a little to cut down on the grind?
(I feel it needs a Starting Gift and a shorter loot deck. Maybe some extra starting souls. Nothing really about the mechanics themselves)
>>
>>54899997
i'll bet you just described the first expansion desu
>>
>>54897775
A couple more 6p games - Dominant Species and Struggle of Empires

...and if you and your friends are prepared for a couple heavier all-day games - Here I stand and Virgin Queen
>>
>>54894916
Are expansions for Diskwars worth it?
I only have main game, and it seems pretty bland after couple of games
>>
>>54899997
>Am I a bad person in thinking that Dark Souls the Board game is actually pretty good
Yes.
>>
File: Pic Related.jpg (32KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pic Related.jpg
32KB, 400x600px
>>54892992
>What's the deal with pic related?

Kek! If I had a nickle for every damn time I've done that accidently... I'd have a lot of nickles!
>>
File: collection.png (1MB, 1794x593px) Image search: [Google]
collection.png
1MB, 1794x593px
> Share your collections and talk about them.
This is my gaming collection.
There are many like it but this one is mine.

Started from Pandemic and (not shown) Munchkin, then moved to deeper stuff pretty much right off the bat: Neuroshima Hex -> Dominant Species -> StarCraft, Imperial Settlers -> Kemet...

I recently got bored of FFAs and there a sizable chunk of my collection, also wish I had more deep games for smaller player counts.
> You can also share your wishlists.
A deep team vs team dudes on a map strategy game.
A LCG
> Which 3 games from your collection couldn't you live without?
My friends would disagree but I have the most fun playing Imperial Settlers and Last Night on Earth and StarCraft
> What would you say are some of the most underrated (be it ratings or popularity) games of the last couple of years?
No idea. StarCraft is quite low in rating while being an awesome strategy game
> What's your biggest triumph when it comes to boardgaming? Your best win story.
I usually forget that shit the next day but winning Ghost Stories probably counts.
>>
>>54900950
>A deep team vs team dudes on a map strategy game.
S T A R C R A F T
>>
>>54895146
Yes. Forbidden Island is basically Pandemic lite. While the shrinking board is unique, the rest of the game is not. Forbidden Desert feels more unique, more difficult, and victory doesn't require boring abstracted set collection.
>>
>>54900950
>Team vs team dudes on a map strategt game

More of a war game, but the COIN series by GMT fits this well.

>A LCG

Arkham Horror > LotR

For competitive lcgs, I'd wait to hear how L5R LCG is before jumping in over the king, Netrunner, which can be a bitch to get into this late in the game.
>>
>>54901080
>the COIN series by GMT fits this well

Hm, Andean Abyss didn't at all feel that way imo. Falling Sky, kind of, maybe. More like there's two pairs of factions that work towards similar goals but between them also need to keep their "ally" from winning as well. I've read that Liberty or Death and Fire in the Lake are sort of close to team vs team but I've not played either so I can't say much more.
>>
>>54900971
Yep StarCraft has a team vs team variant which I'm happy to play, just wanted to add another game to the mix, preferrably in a fantasy setting and with team vs team as the default.
>>54901080
> COIN
COIN doesn't really fit because even in the same "team" the players kind of play against each other. I'm looking for team victory.
> Arkham Horror
Say I wanted to get into Arkham Horror LCG what do I need to get right of the bat? Two copies of the base game?
>>
>>54901251
I didn't see that you have Starcraft.
Star Trek: Fleet Captains has team play in 2v2(v2v2 with both expacs) and it's got ships on the map, but the map is random hexes and it's goal-VP based.
>>
>>54899709
Analyze and play games at
https://terra.snellman.net/
look for /bgg/s for strategy sections, try to watch for most common openings.

Don't decide what race you draft before the game - the game bonuses and other starting races should determine what you pick.
>>54897122
I always roleplay as Scooby Doo and Shaggy when I play Pete
>>
>>54901267
Thanks, adding Star Trek to the notes.
>>54893833
We played FoD recently again. Nerfing Dracula with "you can only use power cards once" didn't help much. Next game we'll try to play without them.

Don't know if it will help much, most of the game we knew that Dracula was somewhere in Transylvania. He amushed one person with the fog and the others were far away. We've spent an entire week trying to get into Transylvania and then Dracula just went to the sea and landed somewhere in Spain. And once we got to spain he went to sea again but this time it was already week 4 so once he got out it was the end for the Hunters.

My current thoughts:
Mina's ability is useless at the start of the game.
Not having fast horses or having them fail in critical areas is the true game breaker.
There's really no way of trapping Dracula if he doesn't start trolling people and fails.
>>
>>54901358
>>Thanks, adding Star Trek to the notes.
Make sure it's Fleet Captains, there are dozens of ST games and some have similar names.
>>
File: collection.jpg (445KB, 1329x1056px) Image search: [Google]
collection.jpg
445KB, 1329x1056px
>>54892528
>Share your collections and talk about them.
I only recently (about 2 years ago) really started to get into the hobby, although 8 of these games are games I got when I was much younger.

I'm living close to my parents, who also have a (slightly larger) game collection, so the actual number of games I can play is more than twice as big.

To clarify some of the names:
Bluff = Liar's Dice
Galerie der Diebe = Clue: The Great Museum Carper
König Artus Tafelrunde is a trick taking game that doesn't seem to have an english version
Der Zerstreute Pharao = Ramses II

Dominion, Shogun, Onitama

The King is Dead
>>
>>54901358
well I have the opposite experience with that game.
dracula seems underpowered to me, especially in combat - you are better off with hiding all the game, especially if the hunters are already stocked up on items and weapons.
My group of hunters played together from begining to end, especially abusing mina's ability at every occasion
>>
>>54901508
>You can also share your wishlists.
Forgot about this.

The next games I wanted to buy are Love Letter, Forbidden Desert and, if I find it at a reasonable price, El Alamein.
>>
Hey guys!

I'm in the process of trying to create a prototype for my board game idea and want some feedback regarding one specific thing. In my game there are different dice of different strength and you roll them for skills/attacks. (inb4 retarded dice chucker combat)

There are 4 different types of dice and you can upgrade your skills and attacks during the game to use better dice.

Worst to best the 4 dice are: yellow, orange, red, purple

Yellow is 0 0 1 1 2 2

Now my question is: Should orange be 0 1 1 2 2 3 or 0 1 1 2 2 2?

So, in your opinion, should the dice get better by increasing the potential damage or increasing chance/consistency?
>>
>>54901543
I found out love letter and forbidden desert underwhelming.
Love letter works only at 3+ and it's too light, basically guessing in the dark for most of the round
forbidden desert has a random set up, but they way they made it they game could be so easy that it ends in 10 min
>>
>>54901566
Also, currently the dice are as follows:

>yellow
0 0 1 1 2 2
>orange
0 1 1 2 2 3
>red
0 1 2 2 3 3
>purple
1 2 2 3 3 3

But I'm not sure. What do you guys think?
>>
>>54901566
Why are you limiting yourself to 6-sided dice? What does a 2 mean in comparison to a 1 or 3?
>>
>>54901578
>>54901543
I fell for Forbidden Desert, it's ass

there's no strategy for deciding which tiles to uncover, you just go round trying them all hoping for something good. also, the tile you start on always has a technology card under it, which is boring. very, very dull game
>>
>>54901531
In Combat - yes but Dracula doesn't have to get into Combat. Drop a vampire from time to time to cash out those points and then just add encounter cards that will slow the players down. Almost each and every one does. If you situations yourself as far as Mina as possible in the early game it's almost impossible to find you. Mina can only check one region at a time and it takes about a week to get from one edge of the board to another.

I'm not even talking about infernal tactics such as start anywhere, move once, move again, hide, add 5 encounter cards, feed, misdirect - where you can move between any 3 locations anywhere on the map.

There's almost no way a hunter is going to stumble upon you and getting Mina from one edge to the map to another takes so much time.
>>
File: pic3639067.jpg (21KB, 246x247px) Image search: [Google]
pic3639067.jpg
21KB, 246x247px
CV pocket is going to be out soon

Do anyone of you played the original? How it is?
>>
>>54901594
I haven't played many games that use non-d6 dice so I'm a bit hesitant to enter that realm.

I don't understand your other question, sorry.
>>
>>54901566
It really depends on the character build you want.

0 0 1 1 2 2 -> 0 1 1 1 2 2 makes sense for a skirmisher

0 0 1 1 2 2 -> 0 0 1 1 2 3 or 0 0 1 2 2 2 makes sense for a barbarian
>>
>>54901642
>I don't understand your other question, sorry.
We have no context for the numbers.
>>
>>54901251
For Arkham Horror LCG yes, two sets of the core is perfect. That comfortably fits two players with great deckbuilding options as long as your roles don't overlap. Then 1x each new deluxe box and mythos pack is all you'll need.

The newest campaign, Path to Carcossa, is imminent, I'd say two weeks tops until release. Feel free to jump in then, collecting sets as they release since they tend to get sold out very quickly. If your wallet can handle it, start grabbing some of the Dunwich Legacy stuff as it reprints too.

As for the print on demand scenarios, I own them but have yet to play them. For what it's worth, I've heard Carnevale of Horrors is the best scenario yet released.
>>
>>54892528
At the moment its
Anachrony
BSG
Nevermore

>What's your biggest triumph when it comes to boardgaming? Your best win story
beating my friend in his own games - he is so autistic in them, that its just nearly impossible
>>
File: Board game collection.png (2MB, 1787x829px) Image search: [Google]
Board game collection.png
2MB, 1787x829px

If I had to choose 3 to keep, probably Triumph and Tragedy, Napoleon's Triumph and Millennium Blades. I've only played T&T once (but loved it) and I haven't played Napoleon's Triumph but I'm a stickler for history and they seem like two of the best war games you can get.Plus, Napoleon's Triumph is so beautiful. Millennium Blades just works really well with my group and is always very fun to play. I can't think of another game with such an approachable theme yet a decent amount of depth and variability.
Maybe I'd keep War of the Ring as well just because Lord of the Rings is such a cool theme.

Tournay is a fairly solid game but you'll never hear anyone talk about it. Even its BGG page is fairly barren. I also think Millennium Blades is pretty underrated. It has so much content and does what it sets out to do so well but its second print run never even made it to Australia. Level99 games should be way bigger than they are considering the quality of their games and the content they manage to pack into them. Friedrich is also pretty underrated -- generally overshadowed by its bigger sister, Maria.
>>
>>54901642
Is the numbers a bonus to some roll/skill or is it a measure of success?
>>
>>54901715
Each dice color will have only one type so I'll have to decide. There won't be different character classes in that sense.

>>54901723
>>54901982
So let's say you choose your squad of archers and want to attack an enemy unit or enemy squad that's a couple spaces away. Your squad shoots a bunch of arrows but they aren't really all that accurate so you're probably gonna get to roll a bunch of yellow dice, orange at best.
If you want to cast a lightning attack it's probably gonna be far more accurate so you roll the best die type but perhaps not as many, depending on level and distance.
With upgrades for attacks and skills/spells you can make them better by adding more and/or better dice. The dice tell you the damage the attack inflicts.
>>
>>54892528
caverna, pathfinder card game and starwars: imperial assault even if its not requested in my gaming nights.
>>
>>54893178
Stronghold - the one with colored cubes for orcs, goblins and archers, heroes for the other side?
>>
>>54902561
Yea that's the one he means.
It's tight.
>>
>TI4 going to be on sale at GenCon.
Damn, I actually have friends going this year.
>>
>>54903991
Ask them to bring you a copy.
>>
File: pepe rarest.png (300KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
pepe rarest.png
300KB, 352x500px
>>54899709
wait and introduce clans of caledonia to your group because it's supposed to be far superior
>>
>>54901032
>tfw bought sushi go instead of sushi go party
>tfw bought forbidden island instead of forbidden desert

>>54901508
>barbarossa
GTFO animefag
>>
>>54900950
What's Battlecon like?
>>
>>54901566
>>54901586
no 3 is way overpowered for orange because 3s nuke the entire fucking board, obviously

it should be
>001122
>011222
>111N22
>23479pi

because without knowing what the numbers mean or do how the fuck can we say?
>>
>>54901869
how is food chain really?
>>
>>54903999
Already pre-ordered online, but I'm going to see if they'll let a friend snag one of their GenCon copies for me.
>>
File: blokus.png (235KB, 448x652px) Image search: [Google]
blokus.png
235KB, 448x652px
nothing personal I'm just bored
>>
>>54904185
I elaborated on that in a later post but it doesn't matter what the numbers stand for. I wanted to know if people would prefer high possible value or higher consistency.
>>
Do I need Ka-Seti to enjoy Kemet or just the main game is enough for the full experience?
>>
>>54904951
I personally like to avoid the worst case scenario (in this case, missing an attack) so I'd vote for more consistency
>>
>>54905010
Base game is great, certainly doesn't feel incomplete. Ta-Seti is fantastic, but it adds enough that I think it's worth saving for once you're well to grips with the base game.
>>
>start to make a list of stuff I want to trade for a math trade
>come up with a couple items but can't remember the name of one expansion
>Look at BGG collection, find more games I dislike and never play
>Half of my collection is now on my trade list

I don't even know how this happened
>>
>>54905121
Where do you find set ups for math trades? Do you do them in person? Online? Is there a safety net against people who lie about having a game or the condition it's in?
>>
>>54904951
It depends on the game and how valuable a 3 20% of the time is vs a 2 30%. One such factor that would greatly affect my thinking is if I can or cannot get more dice.

I'm guessing you didn't bother to apply any math to this. I mean, like, to see what the actual statistical effects of different value dices are over 10,000 games? Nah just go by feel, that's probably what all the good game designers do.
>>
>>54892856
>How do I make more friends?

I can be its friend, if it live nearby and it rubs the lotion on its skin every day.
>>
>>54905121
ikr, I don't even have that many games and yet more than half are meh or outright bad.

So math trade >>54905158 there is a whole section on bgg with some discussion of habitual bad traders. The one thing I haven't found is what the hell a math trade actually is...Like I know it's multiple all magically getting what they want, but like what is the basic mechanic?
>>
>>54905238
We need a map like /dbt/ or the tranny map.

> not it
>>
>>54905041
So here are the different options I've thought of again:

0 0 1 1 2 2

0 1 1 2 2 3

0 1 2 2 3 3

1 2 2 3 3 3

---------

0 0 1 1 2 2

0 1 1 1 2 2

1 1 1 2 2 2

1 1 2 2 2 3

Top is high value focused, bottom is consistency focused. Obviously bottom would do far less damage on average so hit points would also be lower with that variant. If you guys have other ideas for upgrading d6 I'd love to hear them.
>>
>>54905194
It's just for a very first prototype. I want to get a system that works. Get a feel for it. For the combat. I can take care of the math later. That's just adjusting numerical values.
>>
>>54905274
>> not it

It have no say in the matter.
>>
File: 1500220368378.jpg (14KB, 334x438px) Image search: [Google]
1500220368378.jpg
14KB, 334x438px
>copy of Axis&Allies I bought in 2013 is still wrapped
>>
>>54905420
Wow... that would hurt me. Like how do you not just open it?
>>
>>54905438

it would just remind me I don't have any autism friends
>>
>>54905158
Different guy, I use Abecorn
I've done a few trades, but I've never been burnt. You can sign up for math trades on BGG in the trade board, and specifically sign up for ones that trade in person, but those are usually restricted to conventions. There is no safety net against getting scammed, but you can see if that person has trade feedback, and take precautions if they don't.
>>
>>54905274
That's honestly not a bad idea.
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (36KB, 315x480px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
36KB, 315x480px
>>54905319
>>
>>54905724
What? I don't want to get buried in math before I even do my first playtest. I just want to get the bare bones of the game going. Can you explain to me what's wrong with that? I mean you gotta have something before you can test it for balancing so I'm not sure why you're facepalming without explaining enything.
>>
>>54905860
He's probably facepalming because if you're not smart enough to get the maths right on rng then you're definitely not smart enough to design a good game. In which case it becomes a moot point because you can go ahead and pull any dice chucking shit out your ass, slap a theme on and you're good to go like every 2-bit hack before you.
>>
>>54906000
That's a lot of unkind assumptions about me.

I never said that I expect to make a fantastic game. I just want to see if I can shape my idea into something playable and then maybe refine it from there.
>>
>>54906000
>not smart enough to get the maths right

ᶦᵗ'ˢ ʷᵒʳˢᵉ ʰᵉ ᵈᵒᵉˢn'ᵗ ᵉᵛᵉn ˢᵉᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ᵏnᵒʷ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵐᵃᵗʰˢ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵈᵒ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᶦᵗ
>>
>>54906099
if you don't understand the math behind it there'll be always a broken strategy to go for
>>
>>54906104
I understand that math is involved but I first want a working foundation of a system before I can take a look at the math of said system.
>>
>>54906137
Where did I say I don't understand the math? Math tells us that every die upgrade I listed above is better than the die before that. Whether I make the spread bigger or smaller is something that I will decide once I see how the gameplay is and what feels best. But the basic math of the dice remains.
>>
>>54905118
I just watched watch it played gameplay of it for two players.

I know in these kind of games the more player the better it is (to some point) but it looks like it's viable with two as well. Thoughts?
>>
>>54906259
I still haven't played with two, actually.
I suspect it would still work pretty well, just less competition for specific tiles, obviously.
>>
File: IMG_1504.jpg (217KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1504.jpg
217KB, 1024x682px
My group has been obsessed with "Dead of Winter" and its expansion, but I've got to be honest, I don't really "get" it.

Everyone ends up camping the locations where their hidden "secondary objective" items will come from, which means that people are generally drawing cards from the same locations for most of the game. That makes sabotaging the crisis with any degree of subtlety nearly impossible, since the item cards say where they came from at the bottom and people will know who put in the card that tanked the contributions immediately unless there's multiple people on the same location drawing cards and making contributions.

That means, effectively, that the game is always coming down to whether the chance ever comes around for the traitor to tank the game with a single sabotaged contribution after getting their hands on whatever they need to win. It rarely feels like the traitor put in a lot of effort to win if they do, or had much of a chance to win if they don't.
>>
>>54905274
Should anyone actually be interested in this map, here it is.
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2658308#
>>
>>54906513
I really liked my first two or three plays but never had any interest to play it again after that. My group of friends likes it to this day but I often times forget that I even have it in my collection. I wouldn't say it's bad. I don't think it's bad at all. It just feels somewhat dry to me. I think I have to be in a very specific mood to want to play this.
>>
>>54906277
Did you try all the other player counts? (3, 4 and 5)
If yes, does it scale well? I assume there is a sweet spot that works the best, but I wonder about different player counts as it is not always possible to get the certain amount of players.
>>
>>54906685
3-5 have all worked really well for me, I don't have a strong preference between them.
>>
>>54906513
We were actually talking about exactly those problems last thread.
>>
>>54906519
What is this?
>>
>>54906581
A map to try and find other people to play with.
>>
>>54906742
great to know. From what i saw online and read here Im sure i will buy it at some point, if only it was easier to find.

Didnt somebody mention a possible reprint in the near future?
>>
File: thanks asmodeeus.png (61KB, 220x317px) Image search: [Google]
thanks asmodeeus.png
61KB, 220x317px
>>54907434
Probably going to be a little while, but it's coming.
>>
>>54907548
Is Ta-Seti gettinr a reprint too?
>>
File: breaking bad.jpg (262KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
breaking bad.jpg
262KB, 2048x1536px
wat
>>
>>54907858
One would assume, eventually, but nothing listed on their site, so must not be currently in the queue.
>>
>>54907961
doing yet again another game about a popular TV serie...
>>
File: amitiedefeated.jpg (12KB, 166x180px) Image search: [Google]
amitiedefeated.jpg
12KB, 166x180px
>>54907961
Not surprising. Boardgame licenses are handed out to series that have ended but still have some fans and are desperate to make a resurgence despite not being able to do much more with the license.
>Uses screen caps from the show
>>
>>54908007
Honestly I think it makes more sense to release a boardgame after the end of the show, so fluff can be consistent.

On the other hand, wut.
>>
File: 524646.jpg (162KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
524646.jpg
162KB, 1328x747px
>>54907961
>>
>>54908030
>plastic bags of plastic blue meth
Suppose that's the first thing I should have expected.
>>
Ankh Morpork, Love Letter and ONUW
>>54907961
>>54908030
Which is worse: that... or this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzCojjEROJs
>>
File: pic3617094[1].jpg (547KB, 1616x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pic3617094[1].jpg
547KB, 1616x1080px
>>54908059
I've seen this meth before...
>>
>>Which 3 games from your collection couldn't you live without?

>>54896708
>Love Letter
>>54908105
>Love Letter

Seriously guys? I can grab it for like 3$. Is this set of 16 cards, by some called a full game, so good you couldn't live without it?
>>
>>54908196
It's easy to teach, leads to some funny gaming with the right crowd and has enough meat on it to reward repeat plays.

Also, where the fuck can you get Love Letter for $3? I'm lucky if I can find a copy for £8...
>>
>>54908180
>that godamn crystal shape that every fucker uses

Damn I hate it so much. Which asshole decided it should be the default shape for all eternity.
>>
>>54908337
Eh, it's functional, just like cubes. In the case of breaking bad, it's thematically appropriate because that's what it looks like in the show. In the case of Xia, they use a buncha cubes that you store on your ship so crystals differentiate damage.
>>
>>54906513
I've never played but... could you mix like 20% of the location cards from each location into other locations?

1. obscures the true location origin
2. quest items might not be in that stack

Basically take 1/5 of each deck, shuffle, divide, shuffle the divided mixed bits back into each location deck.

Again haven't played so I have no idea how retarded this might be.
>>
>>54906519
what's the password senpai
>>
>>54908337
I think I first saw it used in Ascension - I'm not a huge fan, but it's one way to be visually distinct, I guess.
>>
File: file.jpg (297KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
297KB, 1600x600px
>>54908030
This just makes me want a Justified game.
>>
>>54908307
>with the right crowd

explain pls
>>
>>54908626
You're never going to get the brilliant character interplay though.
>>
>>54908105

Actually I'm very interested in a Resident Evil 2 board game, however I noticed it's by the same guys who did Dark Souls so... Unless they've got a really good designer on board and some nice mechanics to show.. I'll have to pass.
>>
>>54908105

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/the-terminatortm-the-official-board-game/

This is the worst.
>>
>>54908890
That game only got funded due to the name. It's hilarious that the KS crowd is so shallow.
>>
File: DJ 3000.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
DJ 3000.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>54908640
You know, people who get just meta enough, or joke about what their specific love letter contains (I always have dirty limericks)
>>54908722
To be fair, all we have right now is a teaser trailer. But yeah... not exactly an auspicious beginning.
>>54908890
HOT DOG, WE HAVE A WEINER!
>>
>>54897775
Citadels
Robo Rally
Caverna
Alhambra (play with at least 12 mini mechanics)
>>
>>54894443
i skimmed the rules and it seems... leaner. not sure if that's something i like...
>>
>>54897775
Shadow Hunters
Pit Crew
Lost Temple
Gemblo
Betrayal at House on the Hill
>>
>>54899798
Keep as few of your starting cards as possible.
Keep at least enough cash to make a forest plus 12 extra bucks so that you can play 3 forests and claim Gardner on turn three.
When calculating the value of a card, don't forget the 3 bucks you payed to keep it in the first place. ie. that card that pays you for every even played so far is only worth it if you make at least mid to high teens. etc
Don't focus too much on city points. Cities are fine but card points are more efficient.
Use that reserved space card offensively to reserve a space faraway from yourself that ruins opponent's expansion plans.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkySxEVShlw

Hows this for licensed board games?
>>
>>54909040
It does seem leaner in a few spots, but I don't think they've really cut anything essential out.
One anon was irritated that they replaced formalized trade agreements with the commodity system, but it seems a lot more organic to me. You don't avoid invading your trade partner because his card will be taken away by game mechanics, you do it because he's going to be pissed and refuse to trade with you anymore.

Plus one of the promissory notes is more or less a 3E trade agreement that will have to be re-issued each round.

Other than that I can't think of much we're missing other than the additional ground units, the councilors, mercenaries, domain/distant suns counters, and other variant material. Going to miss the wormhole nexus, though.

I hate rebuying stuff we already have, so hopefully when they inevitably reintroduce some/all of those in expansions, it's in addition to enough actual new content to justify it.
>>
>>54908890
>Make Terminator board game
>Base it mostly off the 1 minute clip of the war we see
I'm not 100% sure how I would do it, but I know the focus of the game should probably be the cat and mouse that actually made the movie and not the background they had to throw in.
>>
>>54909333
All they had to do was make Fury of Schwarzenegger.
>>
>>54908890

I uh... I... Backed it.
>>
>>54908307
well in my country it goes for that price in several online stores.
>>
>>54909407
Holy shit that sounds good.
T1 version:
>Three player, Reese and Connor have to evade the T-800 while scrounging for gear and still whittling him down over time with minor damage and avoiding the police / getting the police between Arnie and Themselves to slow him down until they're geared up enough to take him on.

T2 Version
>Same deal, but the T-1000 can't be significantly damaged over the course of the game, killing him is more binary. Have to use Arnie to slow him down, but Arnie will sustain difficult-to-repair damage from doing so. Fugitives have to assemble enough of an arsenal and then lure the T-1000 to someplace like the steel mill where he can be slagged and then finished off before he takes down Arnie for good and finishes them off.

Something like that?
>>
>>54892528
Here goes:
Tzolk'in, Agricola (with a few expansion decks), Caverna, Dominion all but guilds, Carcassone with most expansions, Axis and Allies 1942, Samurai Swords, Up Front, Wiz War 2nd edition, Che Geek, Puerto Rico all xpan, Castles of Burgundy all xpan, Trajan, Alhambra all xpan, TTR, Catan CnK Sea & Fish, 7 Wonders all xpan and 60+ fan wonders, Terraforming Mars, Illuminatti old new & ccg, Robo Rally, Betrayal ahoth, NY Blood Feud, Fortress America, Snit's Revenge, The Great Khan Game, Aquaretto, Black Beard, Risk Godstorm, MtG, Shadow Fist, Scrabble, Epic Warhammer squats orcs eldar imperium space marines, AD&D 1980, Gamma World, Villains & Vigilantes

Could not live without my old worn 2nd edition Wiz War, Up Front, nor 7 Wonders

Wish list: Robinson Carusoe, Great Western Trail and Troyes

Biggest Triumph: being last survivor in very lucky final fight vs ithaqua in ArkHor
>>
>>54909190
... also always keep and play any blue card that has growing points like the space fleet (not so much the "1 pt per 4 token" ones)
>>
>>54909672
I would buy both of those games.
>>
>>54901508
Totally agree on The King is Dead! It's a truly impressive game that manages to create a fun and interesting challenge that can be enjoyed equally by wargamers and total newbies. I can never get enough of it.
>>
>>54904199
I like it. Good theme, lots of strategy bc of the cards and milestones and a shit load of interaction. It's a table hog but it's simple (but has a lot to think about), plays in a decent amount of time while packing a lot of strategic variability. Consider it if money is no object.
You can also try to online if you google it.
>>
>>54894916
that version of Acquire needs a paint job on the board. Otherwise I like what they did with it

My one play of Vault Wars was fine but I never need to play it again. Super shallow game
>>
>>54899997
That's nice but you're playing solo, aren't you?
>>
>>54904176
Not him but it's the greatest game I can never get played. There's a Battlecon specific meetup out in the city, and I'm super jealous because high level play of this game would be dope
>>
File: 1480792046842.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
1480792046842.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
Post some old gold that you own. My contribution.
>>
>>54905158
There's a no-ship trade near me that someone posted on BGG. This is my first time so idk

>>54905257
Ranking stuff I'm trading against stuff I want. Everyone posts the things they're trading before the deadline, then there's a second deadline for rankings. It's possible I rank things that I want lower than some of the things I'm trading in. The trade doesn't go through unless I get one thing I want that's ranked higher per each thing I trade in. Also there's a chance I walk away with my games untraded
>>
>1.5 weeks until release

How are you coping, bros?
>>
>>54911561

Also, collection:

-7 Wonders Duel
-Attack on Titan: The Last Stand
-BANG! The Dice Game
-Boss Monster + all expansions, minus IoD
-Catan + Cities & Knights
-Century: Spice Road
-Codenames
-Commissioned
-Dice Forge
-Dice Stars
-Kingdomino
-King of New York + Power Up
-Mechs vs. Minions (in the mail)
-Orléans
-Pandemic Iberia
-Pandemic Legacy: Season 1
-Quadropolis
-Roll Player
-Scythe
-Sushi Go Party!
-Terraforming Mars
-The Captain Is Dead
-The Pursuit of Happiness
-Ticket to Ride
-Twilight Struggle
-Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar
>>
Holy shit
I actually got a burning suns shipping notice.
Only 3 years late.
>>
>>54911561
by not having bought terraforming mars
>>
>>54909232
>Dark Souls is the most funded board game of all time
>LaughingSurvivors.jpg
>>
>>54909232
Hey guys! Your super pal autismo here! Super pumped to present to you herf derf mcderfing derf!
Very Cool!

Resident evil! Buy it! We should buy it as resident evil fans because zombies.
Dark Souls was the highest earning boardgame on KS ever if you ignore Kingdom Death! And these guys made that too!
Even though the DS game plays best with 1 person I can hardly wait for this! Think of all the cool figures!
The Dark Souls boardgame is exactly like the video game and I'm super pumped to play a game exactly like resident evil.
I'm so hype oh my furgleburbleguble! Don't forget to like and subscribe! I definitely wasn't sponsored by anyone to make this video!
Check out all my shitty swag!

Very cool!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MKGy2cg4Wk
>>
>>54911632
>-Boss Monster + all expansions, minus IoD
why tho
>>
>>54912227
Because it's fun
>>
>>54912129
The Resident Evil Deck Building Game was better than this shit could ever be.
>>
>>54909962
I really want to get wiz war someday. What do you like about it?
>>
>>54911166
Can you expand on what makes it so great?
>>
>>54911632
How is Attack on Titan: the Last Stand?
>>
>>54892528
War of the ring, Runebound 2nd Edition, and Star Wars Risk: Original Trilogy
The latter two were my first 2 board games that got me into the hobby, so they always have a special place on my shelf (even if they are mediocre games).

>What's your biggest triumph when it comes to boardgaming? Your best win story
Absolutely crushing my two friends in Mage Knight. No better feeling than soloing all three cities and ending the game with no help from either of them.
>>
>>54913149
That's a little disappointing to hear. I bought the Attack on Titan DBG and enjoyed that so I was looking into this one. What makes it so bad?
>>
File: 51c3Or-loDL._SY450_.jpg (50KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
51c3Or-loDL._SY450_.jpg
50KB, 350x450px
>>54913181
>Runebound 2nd Edition
Amen, brother

Just got pic related in the mail today
>>
>>54911099
What kind of paint job are you thinking? Gray base coat and some wash? Maybe some dry brushing?
>>
>>54913336
Wha...how....
I spent ages searching for the expansions but none are stocked in AUS.
>>
Is there a good place to get discounted board games?

What seems okay but most major retailers seem to be mainly overpriced for a lot of games. Like picking up a few sets of Red Dragon Inn can't easily be done on any of them without spending $200+.
>>
>>54913787
Best place I've found is the "geek market" on board game geek. That or there are Facebook groups designed for selling board games
>>
>>54912826
I'm >>54901869
Battlecon has amazing art and a huge amount of content. Devastation has 30 characters that are all unique and substantially different and playstyle. That's pretty crazy for its price point.

it's luckless, simple and plays in about 30-60 mins with a pretty large skill ceiling. It's a game you could probably play forever.
>>
>>54913787
Cool Stuff Inc and Miniature Market are you major online retailers that have good prices online. Amazon sometimes as well.

If you're looking for secondhand, check facebook groups near you, and boardgamegeek market.
>>
>>54914205
If I had to get War of the Indies or Devastation, which would you pick?
>>
>>54914263
War Remastered is a better starting point in that it's less of an investment, in case you don't like it.
I wouldn't get Devastation at all since they're planning on Remastering it within the next year or two, but it's way more bang for your buck. If you want to get it anyways, go for it.
>>
>>54914333
What makes the remastered editions different? I would hold off on devestation the remastered has a good bang for your buck.
>>
>>54914414
Pretty the only real differences are the starting positions on the board were moved one space forward and the dash card was changed to something else. There's also the new force gauge rule which i'm pretty sure is tournament standard now.
>>
>Gloomhaven got delayed
>Too Many Bones got delayed
>Kingdom Death 1.5 got delayed

fug
>>
>>54914589
>>Kingdom Death 1.5 got delayed
we already expected this.

Though not that it would be due to Poot's autism in having to wrap the boards in plastic. Which is useless. Oh wait, it's always the autism of Poots.
>>
>>54914589
>>Kingdom Death 1.5 got delayed
Nothing compared to the problems with the first KS.
>>
>>54914494
So you would say remastered isn't really worth it much?
>>
Name a board game more shit than Dark Souls: The Board game. You literally can't.
>>
>>54914943
Munchkin, Monopoly, Ticket to Ride, Mahi Koro, the upcoming Resident Evil board game, the upcoming Terminator board game, Blood Rage, Inis.
>>
File: 548.jpg (314KB, 666x882px) Image search: [Google]
548.jpg
314KB, 666x882px
Anyone try pic related yet? Got a distant plain but can only get one person to play.
>>
>>54914943
Megaman board game
>>
>>54915089
I so wanted this to be good.
>>
>>54914943
Kingdom Death
>>
>>54915114
KD:M is weird, it's simultaneously the best and worst board game I've ever played.
>>
>>54915137
Pretty much everything besides the character progression and the monster fights themselves range from mediocre to legit garbage. It needed a complete overhaul. I doubt Poots is smart enough to address all of the core problems the game has with 1.5 though.
>>
>>54915137
>>54915172
If you also got the Gambler box it fixes most everything.
Well depends on what you think is bad because that's subjective. But cooking for example got made into something not shit and all the innovations got done over.
>>
>>54915172
>Pretty much everything besides the character progression and the monster fights themselves
Are like 1/5 of the game.
>>
>>54915107
Me too but it's a complete shitfest
>>
>>54914912
Well it's objectively better and I know it did change some characters in terms of balance. The best choice probably is war. They're all compatible with each other anyway.
>>
>>54915245
How about the extended expansions?
>>
>>54914912
War Remastered is basically the only version on the market, and it completely renders War vanilla obsolete unless you want to giggle at the deviantart-tier art.
Now whether Devastation Remastered is worth waiting for, I don't know. Devastation is by no means a bad game, and getting War Remastered vs Devastation is purely based on how much money you're willing to spend on the game.

>>54915325
Not really worth it unless you've played the fuck out of the game and want something to spice things up. The Extended art is also a huge step down from the regular art.
>>
Hi bgg

I have question

How good is that Roman Deckbuilding game?
>>
>>54915390
Alright, sweet sounds good. I think I'll start with War and then step up to devastation if the game jives with my group.
>>
>>54915541
If your grouo ends up liking it, I recommend signing up for the Orfanized Play League. You just have to record the results of played matches and you get nice promos.
>>
File: 1453383791512.jpg (268KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1453383791512.jpg
268KB, 1600x1131px
>>54897084
>>54897122
I got it and have played a game with Shudde M'ell. The new disaster mechanics are really fucking fun, and change the game a lot by causing massive damage on parts of the map and removing cities. You really feel it when Rome or Tokyo get smashed, but there are other disasters that happen too, meaning you aren't safe on non-named city spaces. The new characters are neat without being Under the Pyramids levels of broken. It also of course comes with a myriad of cards to add to everything. They are the usual fun extra variety. Overall, it is another good Eldritch Horror small box expansion. If you liked the old ones, you will like this one.

Be aware it adds a few Mythos cards that can trigger disasters to happen outside of games even without Shudde M'ell or a disaster specific prelude, so don't leave home without them.
>>
>>54915047
Also does anyone have the revised bot flowchart pdf for distant plain?
>>
File: ADPbotVariant_Sections_8And9.pdf (789KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
ADPbotVariant_Sections_8And9.pdf
789KB, 1x1px
>>54915780
>>
File: adp_arthurs_aid_1.3.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
adp_arthurs_aid_1.3.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>54915839
>>
File: ADP_Faction_Primers_v5.pdf (218KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
ADP_Faction_Primers_v5.pdf
218KB, 1x1px
>>54915847
>>
File: ADP_Interaction_v1.1.pdf (224KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
ADP_Interaction_v1.1.pdf
224KB, 1x1px
>>54915851
>>
File: Charts.pdf (864KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Charts.pdf
864KB, 1x1px
>>54915780
>>54915780
I don't know what you mean so I'm shotgunning it with BGG files, I explained this in a post i deleted due to accidentally being a Cuba Libre rules excerpt.
>>
>>54912227

Bought it when I was still new to board gaming, expanded my horizons since then and now I'm just too invested in better games to care about it anymore.

>>54912844

Super fast and thematic but killing the titan is too easy if the heroes know what they're doing and if the dice don't like you, which makes it tough to recommend to anyone not a fan of the show.
>>
>>54911561
>Game full of horrible flaws, balance issues, and luck problems
>Make a new map for it
This doesn't fix anything. Game is still shit.
>>
>Shadows of Brimstone
shit
>Sword and Sorcery
shit
>Dark Souls: The Board Game
shit

Why are kickstarted coop dungeon crawlers so fucking garbage 99% of the time?
>>
>>54916035
Shadows of Brimstone was exactly what it was advertised as, I honestly don't know what you were expecting it to be.
>>
>>54915839
Thx for the dump but I'm looking for the flowcharts that go with this variant bot document by arponen. Gmt published them in an issue of c3i but they want $30.
>>
>>54892528
Seasons, Baseball Highlights 2045, and Xia. These are the games I own that I love but that I know need me to bring them to the table. There are on days games I will say I enjoy more, but I can find acceptable substitutes in my friends collections.

I tend not to play too many obscure games. The most obscure game I love is Chinatown, but that's 1999 with a reprint like 3 years ago.

Stockpile. It was a close game and the last round. One stock was going to drop by 4 and I could tell from the way everyone was bidding that no one knew which one was dropping, so I bluffed. I sold 2 of my 6 epic electric stocks given it going up by 3 was my secret knowledge of the stocks. It was a bluff but everyone sold their electric stocks entirely leaving me as the majority holder at the end of the game to inch out a win.
>>
File: 1497574003957.png (61KB, 1354x889px) Image search: [Google]
1497574003957.png
61KB, 1354x889px
>>54905483
>tfw I hate A&A
>tfw my brother just keeps buying new variants and forcing me to play them
>A&A classic, Europe, D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, WWI

I hate them all
>>
File: useless citow flowchart.jpg (29KB, 721x881px) Image search: [Google]
useless citow flowchart.jpg
29KB, 721x881px
>>
>>54904176
Wish I knew. Bough it so I could play it with my gf but then we broke up. Never managed to get it out.
>>
>>54914943
Of games I have played: Any number of the shit classics everyone knows, Seafall, Red Dragon Inn, Munchkin, Cards Against Humanity. Dark Souls isn't a particularly terrible game. It's playable. Just the amount of time it takes up is too long for only the bosses being particularly interesting. The game does have a genuinely interesting part, it's just the time spent doing that is pretty off balance with the time spent grinding to get there.
>>54915029
I genuinely like Ticket to Ride and Blood Rage.
>>
What about those DnD adventure games? I`m looking for some good dungeon crawler, and Descent is still feels like some sort of racing game.
>>
>>54917079
Adding to this, what is the best dungeon crawler right now?
>>
>>54917124

The DnD adventure games are fun but dont really scratch the dungeon crawler itch either.

My personal dungeon crawlers of choice are Shadows of Brimstone and Dungeon Saga.
>>
>>54917265
Tell me more about Shadows, anon.
>>
>>54917585
It's a kickstarter game, that's all I need to know.
>>
>>54917591
Some very good games are KS games.
>>
>>54881758
>>Competitive scenarios seem to be predominant when there is no Lost Legion expansion.
Does LL contain more solo scenarios, or co-op scenarios?
>>
>>54917596
Sadly, they are few and far between.
>>
>>54917649
R E S E A R C H
E
So how is 7th Continent anyway?
>>
>>54917585

For the setting, it's all about a strange new material being found in the city of Brimstone. Darkstone, it's got amazing property but unfortunately it also opens gates to other dimensions of EEEEVVIIIILLL. You assemble your wild west posse, explore mines, fight evil, occasionally explore other worlds. You level up, upgrade your characters, you can outfit them with all sorts of crazy shit from other worlds... Banditos with pulse grenades, gunslingers with cursed guns. A ton of crazy shit can also happen to you if you keep too much darkstone, you could grow tentacles or an extra head... Between missions you get to go to town to buy shit and partake in games of chance.
I consider it the absolute king of emergent storytelling : even though there's no real campaign and all the scenarios are randomly generated, it tells this crazy story of horror and adventure.

Now, for the cons : there's pretty much little to no strategy, it's all randomness, it's the ameritrashiest of the ameritrash, when you start adding expansions the possibilities become immense but it also becomes a sprawling mess with tons of decks of cards for everything and it's fucking expensive.

Oh and if you care about exclusives, there was an "outlaw" player class. Not a big deal imho as there's tons of classes to choose from in the expansions but, you know... if you're the completionnist type...
>>
File: kickstarter.jpg (319KB, 1166x670px) Image search: [Google]
kickstarter.jpg
319KB, 1166x670px
Good games in general are few and far between. I don't think kickstarter really changes the odds there. The only difference is those games that use exclusives to try and edge you into spending your money early. Even then, only one game of the 6 kickstarter games I have has any kind of significant exclusives and it was just 1 extra NPC for Xia. Being someone who got all of these on the regular market, don't feel like I'm missing out on much and I've thoroughly enjoyed them all.
>>
File: aloneTG.jpg (511KB, 1917x1077px) Image search: [Google]
aloneTG.jpg
511KB, 1917x1077px
>>54917722
Meant for
>>54917649
>>
>>54917728
>>54917722
Yes, good games in general are few and far between but in retail, those games has a much lesser chance to be succesful and they have been through a proces of criticism by the publishers. On kickstarter a shit game can be just as much a success as a good game, if you can get enough thirsty idiots to fall for your pretty pictures.
>>
>>54917750
I don't really see how this has to effect you at all. Some random schmuck has a slightly higher chance of buying a shit game on ks.
>>
>>54892528
From these 3 which would you choose to own and play the most? (Looking for my first hidden role game)
>Ressitance
>Avalon
>Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
>>
>>54917802
I'm just a little bit worried if/when the kickstarter model will be more prevalent. The publishers by now are fully aware of the huge amount of disposable income that's available if you can get the crowd to fork it over. For a very limited marketing budget, they can get a very big return, outsource the manufacturing of parts and push out a mediocre game. People have already paid for it, if it sinks, we abandon ship. If it is succesful, we have thousands of players with invested interests in the game.

I couldn't care less about what people are using their money for but I would dread to think what would happen if we, as a community, let shit games be released. That could just lead to another board game crash.
>>
>>54917902
Haven't played any of these but what disqualifies Secret Hitler for you?
>>
>>54917902
Of the 3, I have played Resistance and Avalon and I'd pick Avalon. Plenty of replay value in the little box compared to Resistance, which needs you to pay for expansions to increase the replay.
>>
>>54911646
ESTIMATED DELIVERY
Sep 2014
holy fuck
how??
game doesn't look bad though
>>
>>54917691
so basically its mordheim
>>
>>54918037
Apparently never use a Serbian manufacturer.
Ill give the creator credit, there has been constant communication through out the 4 years since the kickstarter.
>>
>>54918176

Mordheim is miniatures game right ? Skirmish I believe. SoB isnt so much about the combat, there's lots of events that may not even require combat. And there's a pretty big emphasis on exploration.

A lot of people just compare it to Warhammer Quest (original), seems to take most of its design cues from that.
>>
>>54918199
sorry, I only meant the story
>>
>>54918268

Oh, alright, I played Necromunda a few years ago and my only knoweledge of Mordheim is a friend saying "it's the fantasy version of Necromunda".
>>
>>54911646
>>54918037
>>54918193
In 4 years I hope they fixed the balance issues and the overly long end game conditions.
>>
>>54918418
Why the fuck would they do that?
>>
>>54917922
I didn't discqualify it at all. It's not easily available aroun here, at least none of my known stores have it.

Also from the rules explanation on youtube I couldn't understand everything at first glance like I could with the other 3.
Hence the choice.
>>
File: pic2937209.png (279KB, 1200x608px) Image search: [Google]
pic2937209.png
279KB, 1200x608px
Anybody have experience of playing pic related with kids? (5-7yo)
I'm struggling to find a game that will be good for my nieces and be at least slightly entertaining for me..
>>
#!VGomlZbK!U7Mh4Otge_7PfsNhqnt_4rllTUZVWrR59I-ZWP28zoQ

Old GW "Warlock: The Game of Duelling Wizards" scans.
>>
>>54917902
Resistance and Avalon are literally the same game except with weird expansion fuckery.

Namely, Resistance, out of the box, is unplayably vanilla and basically has no mechanics at all. But if you buy like three expansion packs you'll be able to do all sorts of crazy shit.

Avalon comes with the best expansion baked in, so it actually plays out of the box, but it's also entirely unexpandable without rare promos/sleeves and ingenuity to pirate those promos.

They are otherwise identical.

But it doesn't matter because they're both hot bags of garbage.

Deception is a great game and I highly recommend it.

So it Secret Hitler. It's closer to the Res/Ava formula than Deception is, and it fixes all of the ways that Res blatantly shows its age and decrepitude.

Because that's what it comes down to - Res is a creaky old ship with so many crucial mechanics missing, because it was, of course, one of the first ever "Resistancelikes" ever published. They did it first so they did it badly and everyone else came by afterwards and fixed it.
>>
File: IMG_0304.jpg (36KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0304.jpg
36KB, 600x320px
>>54916601
>>
NEW THREAD
>>54920770
NEW THREAD
>>54920770
NEW THREAD
>>54920770
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.