[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gimme some genuinely interesting lore for my setting's vampires.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (40KB, 400x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 400x339px
Gimme some genuinely interesting lore for my setting's vampires. Weaknesses?
Powers?
Origins?
Restrictions?
>>
>>54883846
They're autistic enough that if you throw out a bunch of rice in front of them, they have to stop and count each and every single rice grain
>>
>>54883846
They possess the likeness of mosquitoes and ticks, not vampires.
>>
>>54883862
*Not bats, my bad
>>
>>54883846
What's the genre, anon? What role do vamps fill in the setting (out of universe)?
>>
>>54883875
Mid/high fantasy. They're a dangerous and rare threat. In one nation however they're practically a plague, where settlements have to operate almost as if under siege
>>
>>54883846
My personal favorites are the african vampires with hooks for feet and iron teeth.
>>
>>54883846
I like to go for strigoi style. They have a needle in/under their tongue they used to suck out blood after latching on with it like a leech. They tend to look like your pic related
>>
They can be seen in mirrors, but the reflection is hideous, revealing the monster they really are.
>>
>>54884077
I like this. Face to face they look beautiful, but in silver backed mirrors they look like count orlof
>>
File: vampires.jpg (231KB, 993x424px) Image search: [Google]
vampires.jpg
231KB, 993x424px
>>54883846
>>
I sort of like genetic vampires. Vampires mostly drink animal blood, especially to hide among humans, but human blood tastes incredible. They are often travellers and outcasts, only staying in town long enough for the farmer to discover his anemic and drained cows.
>>
>>54884219
> Russian Vampire
> Pushing over cows and ringing bells late at night

The absolute madman.

But in all honesty, I really like the Nachzehrer.
It doesn't seem very dangerous, but just so very strange. Like, your undead don't always have to be actively hunting the living, but just have a corpse for some reason run around at night, staring through windows, standing on top of hills and howling in the níght.
Getting out of it's grave at night to continue doing his job he had for 40 years.
>>
>>54883862
This. Darkest Dungeon vampires best vampires.
>>
>>54883846
There are no vampires, however rabies is mistaken for vampirism
>>
File: cyoa071.jpg (112KB, 640x1056px) Image search: [Google]
cyoa071.jpg
112KB, 640x1056px
>>54883846
They come from space.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.