[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A single tactical space marine can conquer all of Westeros. That

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 31

File: ab33593e3cd987a2e877c0a36da17689.jpg (973KB, 1139x1599px) Image search: [Google]
ab33593e3cd987a2e877c0a36da17689.jpg
973KB, 1139x1599px
A single tactical space marine can conquer all of Westeros. That isn't up for debate. What is up for debate: which chapter can best get the job done?
>>
>>54880912
Thousand Sons. Everything is easier when you have magic that surpasses anything the setting can offer.
>>
>>54880912
I would use a plague.

Cough on a peasant and let nature take its course. Pop a bolter at any dragon or baddie that try to fuck with you.

I've never seen anything GoT but I assume that a dragon is the worst thing he would have to kill.
>>
>>54880912
Thats why the Andals Dominated
>>
File: Well ya see.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Well ya see.png
24KB, 200x200px
>>54880912
>Not up for debate
You do know that Marine power armor isn't unbreakable right? Its mostly Ceramite with a few harder plates inside. A siege ballista or a ship canon wouldn't automatically destroy a marine, but what does that marine do if a naval ship swings around and start taking shots at him.

And sure if you put a marine with a fully loaded bolter and some form of powered/chain melee weapon he would annihilate any land army you put him against. But what does the marine do when he comes to Kings Landing and has to break through a fortified castle. Sure they're "super human" but one marine isn't taking the Red Keep on his own.
>>
>>54880967
this is the only correct answer, especially when you have a sorcerer with 999 daemon names locked away, with everything ranging from minors little more than a walking pile of meat fueled by hunger, to greater daemon princes

Cestias really is too powerful.
>>
>>54880912
The ones with the strongest plot armor. Everyone else was written by grrm, which means they die easily.
>>
I think there's a lot of options, and they play out differently.

I'd put my money on Ultramarines, Space Wolves, Salamanders...

The one I'd like to see, would be Alpha Legion. I'd like to see which faction he could best start off with. Wildlings?
>>
>>54880912
Space Marines die to white walkers unless the marine either has dragon glass or valyrian steel. White walkers are basically just slightly shittier chaos demons.
>>
>>54881346
>A siege ballista or a ship canon wouldn't automatically destroy a marine, but what does that marine do if a naval ship swings around and start taking shots at him.

Stand there and take it, because Ceramite is harder than any known material and shatters non-powered weapons.

>And sure if you put a marine with a fully loaded bolter and some form of powered/chain melee weapon he would annihilate any land army you put him against. But what does the marine do when he comes to Kings Landing and has to break through a fortified castle. Sure they're "super human" but one marine isn't taking the Red Keep on his own.

He can hang around and dismantle it brick my brick if he wants. But realistically he just cuts through the wooden gate with his power weapons, since power fields allow for normal blades to slice through even Plasteel with ease.
>>
I'd give the raven guard my vote. I think the focus on stealth and raiding would give him time to handle major enemies before getting discovered and lend him a more fearsome reputation. I think if he made the right moves he could get declared the avatar of the stranger and get a significant portion of the populous to lay down arms or maybe even side with him.
>>
How long does the power source for power armor last? Chain swords? Do bolters have infinite ammo?
>>
>>54880912
>can conquer all of Westeros

I don't doubt that he can solo the collective armies of Westeros, but conquering is more than just winning a military victory. You then have to either subjugate the general populace, or get them to like you. Either is rather difficult for a single man, no matter how powerful he may be.
>>
>>54881471
You forgot the part where some chapters are actual daemons who do Warp Sorcery. I'm betting on Thousand Sons vs. White Walkers.
>>
I don't know; is there a Space Marine chapter based around inner turmoil, witty dialogue or trenchant insights that would make this autistic thought experiment resemble a story? Or does the Space Marine just walk around shooting his space gun at peasants?
>>
>>54882221
Alpha Legion maybe? Or Blood Ravens for looting hi-jinks and psychic abilities.
>>
File: 1329934629523.jpg (52KB, 270x272px) Image search: [Google]
1329934629523.jpg
52KB, 270x272px
I guess this is a decent thread to ask this.

How would Karl Franz do in Westeros?

Let's say a portal between The Old World and Westeros opens. Franz sends men through and they return telling stories about Westeros.

What kind of army would he bring? Would he conquer everything or try a more diplomatic solution?
>>
>>54882099
Looking at the logic by which the *show*, at least, operates, apparently all he'd need to do is easily massacre a large enough group of people, and then shout 'LOVE ME!!!!' really loudly, and people would just sort of assume that you're supposed to be rooting for him.
>>
>>54880912
>1 Marine
>Vs 3 Dragons
>Untold wights
>The Others ice magic
>Drowning
>>
>>54880912
Qyburn will just make a bigger crossbow.
>>
>>54880912
Like a tactical marine?
Bolter and knife?

Easy. Alpha legion, one operative could get an army put together in no time. A single marine would have it tough.

Captain? With bolt pistol and power sword?

Ultra marines, because they are good with infrastructure, he could have everything killed and ready to join the imperium in a decade. The captain could probably get them to TL 7 pretty quick.
>>
Its simple,he can challenge every noble and king to a duel,and reclaim the throne.Also a space marine is a tactic expert and a inspirational figure
>>
>>54882396
>>54882413
You do realize that marines straight up fight ARMIES of things which basic guns DELETE matter.

And fight monsters(and other humans) that rape reality on a daily basis.

Now marines aren't infallible, but a big crossbow or cold magic wouldn't be that hard to deal with for a marine
>>
>>54881471
I don't know I think a plasma bolt tot he face or a flamer would ruin a white walkers day just as well as Valerian steel and Obsidian.
>>
>>54882323
Did you watch the latest episode? Dany doing that turned the Westerosi against her, like House Tarly.
>>
>>54882499
It's 1 fucking tactical marine, as stated by OP.
>>
>>54882499
The joke is that the bigger crossbow is a fucking retarded idea. The fact that it worked in the show was dumb as shit, and it only worked like twice before the weakness was apparent.
>>
>>54882322
Probably try diplomacy at first, and if that doesn't work he crushes them. Most of his army would be made up of veterans who've had to deal with beastmen and orcs plus theirs no gunpowder in Westeros. Also Karl Franz has an Imperial Dragon and we all know how well the last bloke with a dragon did.
>>
>>54882575
That marine would never go alone against a whole army.He would challenge lords,recruit soldiers,and tell people that he is an avatar of a god made to rule the seven kingdoms and brin prosperity(peasants would believe him easily)
>>
>>54882587

It worked because Dany is a moron.
>>
>>54880912
White walkers might be able to go toe to toe with an unarmed marine
Wight horde led by White Walkers should be able to take out a single armed marine, but it'd make DOOM look like a teletubbies episode
A dragon would stomp a Marine without ranged weapons or powers
Anything else gets stomped by the Marine
>>
>>54882598
But honestly I'd just lure a horde of orcs or beastmen through.
>>
>>54882575
Yea but If a chapter of 1000 marines is able to capture a planet, then one marine can take a few kingdoms no sweat.

Especially considering GoT is roughly medivial. The only issue is that the marine would quickly run out of ammo, having to switch to melee.

If he had a lasgun though, he would be perfect.

I'm pretty sure that the alpha legion has taken planets with one dude before, which is why they are the best for this job.

So long story short, alpha legion marine with a lasgun=planet conquering army.
>>
>>54882631
Let's not forget that zombies are an actual thing in 40k. Thanks to Grandpapy Nurgle.
>>
>>54882658
Feudal worlds, especially ones with warp sorcery, are easily able to kill 1 marine.
>>
>>54882612
In the real medieval world she would have been burnt because of witchery,but libtards love seeing women ruling
>>
>>54880912
Why is that map wrong? House Tully rules all the Forks.
>>
>>54882668
Yeah but Westeros warp sorcery is shit tier. A smart Space Marine would easily wipe the floor with the entire place. Giants and Dragons will probably give them the most trouble because they're probably the only things that can hit hard enough to break the armour + fire breath. But considering what bolters do to necrons and Tyranids I doubt they'd be much of a threat. Lets' not forget that while their ass backwards compared to what they used to be. The Imperium's tech is still way beyond what WE have.
>>
>>54882660
Yea, but consider that bolter rounds might not put down ASOIAF wights
We've seen disembodied hands of wights kill a horse, which isn't anywhere near the same caliber as a Spess Mahrine but still shows them to be threats
Also, the supernatural cold of the White Walkers could be deadly, unless stopped by purity seals or warp fuckery. It might even be able to shatter the Marine's armor like it has other armor in the books, although I doubt that given how tough Ceramite is
I'd imagine the Marine blowing wights to pieces for days or even weeks before running out of ammo and being mobbed by all the bits and pieces he'd blown up, eventually being held down and stabbed by a White Walker with the ridiculously sharp crystal swords they carry
>>
>>54880912
40kweers are cancer
>>
>>54882668
Let's say this a naked marine would still be one of the most terrifying things in the setting.

Going by the rpgs(which are more fluff loyal) being punched by a marine can hurt as much as a Lasgun.

A marine with a crappy hammer would break armies

A marine with a bow would be a mobile ballista.

They can eat anything, laugh at wounds fatal for us, and don't sleep.

A crafter marine would be able to solve the white walker/dragon problem easy.
>>
>>54882128
I'm not betting on a single Thousand Son vs. All the White Walkers, plus all the other sorcerers in the world.

>>54882548
Also there is the issue he would run out of ammo rather quickly and have to rely on going in with his power fist 24/7.
>>
>>54882750
It literally take one shadow demon slipping inside his armor and he dies. Shadow demon summon is just a thing, there is an entire city that does it.

Or if they play the dragon caller horn long enough his armor just shatters.

Dragon breath can liquify stone and iron very easily, it'd be able to cook him inside his armor.

Also consider this, he now has to fight an army of 1 million undead, with only the ammunition he came in with, lead by ice demons who can control the weather and other untold bullshit. Then there is the Night King who is basically a powerful chaos sorcerer.

Let's not forget all the other magic bullshit around that suddenly started working again.
>>
A single Word Bearer could turn the population to Chaos in Westeros with ease. Then he would open a portal for a full scale daemonic invasion. Even if we go by WHFB standards, it's only a matter of time until they win.
>>
Assuming it's one of the murderhobo chapters that'd just want to Exterminatus the entire place, the marine would eventually run out of luck in a fight against a dragon, giant, sorceror, Other or something else.

Assuming it's one of the chapters capable of rational thought, the marine would take over through shrewd diplomacy and prepare the world for induction into the Imperium.
>>
>>54882099
Daenerys is literally doing the oppostive of this
>>
>all these people ITT forgetting that wildfire, a.k.a. literally phosphex exists

Just drop a trebuchet load on him and he's done
>>
File: 1501571624389.jpg (221KB, 323x500px)
1501571624389.jpg
221KB, 323x500px
Leave Westeros to me
>>
>>54882640
I won't let any potential threat near Westeros. I'd move the base of the Empire's material manufacturing, from war machines to horses. Offer the some Dorfs some prime Real estate mountains. The long summers are a boon for food production too.

I'd kill most of the Higher nobility though and basically anyone who are able to present a united armed conflict.
>>
>>54880912
Marines are T4 Sv 3+ W1. A single buck-naked unarmed S3 dude is capable of killing him, though on average will take several swings to do such. The idea that he can solo an entire continent is silly.
>>
Smashfucker Prime could do it.
Don't know about Smashfucker in 8th edition though.
>>
>>54883538

Good luck with that.
>>
>>54883012
Not to mention the ridiculous shit Space Marines performed in the lore:

A marine is fast enough to dodge Bolter rounds and can run at speed upwards to 80km/h

A marine with power armor is good enough that it laughs at shit like lightning strikes powerful enough to glass the sand around him

A marine in armor is strong enough to lift a pillar that holds two other Arstates fighting on it or even throw a metal door fast enough to bisect a Word Bearer

A space marine fought for more than 20 years non stop trapped on a planet filled with feral Orks, killing so many that it form a huge mound under him

Or that time where a marine got hit by an artillery round on the head and only get a minor concussion

There's literally no question that a Space Marine can stomp the entirety of Westeros to the ground. Hell if a dragon try to attack, a well thrown rock by a Space Marine could probably kill it.
>>
>>54880912
>Space wolf
>Tames an army of dire wolves
>>
Why do so many people in these threads always assume that there will only ever be one space marine or whatever?

In any case, aren't Space Marines super strong, quite intelligent people with abilities quite well suited to adapting to a foreign environment?

Just have a good, intelligent space marine drop down, doesn't even need his armor, really, have him eat a few brains to learn what he needs then have him slowly build himself up as a champion.

Then over time instead of one space marine it's one space marine in command of a big army.

They're mini-primarchs, why not treat them like they'd act like it if they were stranded alone for the foreseeable future?
>>
>>54884297
They OP literally stated that one Tac could take the entire continent.
>>
>>54884152
Space Wolf would probably just install himself as King in the North and go from there.
>>
>>54881346
It's almost like anyone who ever uses this picture is a massive faggot.
>>
>>54881346
>what does that marine do if a naval ship swings around and start taking shots at him.
take cover and prepare grenades
>>
I guess Salamanders have most expertise in not dying and creating/repairing arms and armor. Would be kinda difficult to convince people he's not here to bring hell to earth, since they look hella scary
>>
>>54880912
>the twins
>in house arryn's area
u wot m8
>>
>>54882682
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_queens_regnant
Also if you recall 1) there is legit magic in this world and it isn't as maligned because the church there doesn't raise a huge stink about it and 2) they would have failed to burn her for witchcraft because she is fucking immune to fire, could have still drown her or something though if they wanted to execute her.
>>
>>54881723
Power armor amd weapons, very nearly have infinite power from the reactor on the back of the power armor suit, bonus points if he has an Iron Halo and spreads the holy word of the Emperor to these filthy, undeserving, heretical, savages. Obviously every major power player would be replaced with a more pliable and suitable individual so as to make the transition that much easier when the local system governor arrives with the Navy to ensure peace for his new subjects. Most of the northern hemisphere would be burned away with holy fire from lance batteries, if they decided it was worth not exrerminatusing the entire planet. The Guard would initially be required for training and peacekeeping, but due to the tech level of the planet the current armies will be slaughtered like roaches
>>
>>54884611
Did you miss the part in the OP where he states it has to be One (1) Tactical Marine?
>>
>>54880912
But almost every one loses their plot armor upon entering that world so they'd probably end up getting shot in the heart(s) with a crossbow while taking a shit.
>>
>>54884630
1. I wasn't responding t OP faggot
2. It changes to a close combat weapon and changes literally nothing else
>>
>>54884611
Yeah, this seems pretty infeasible for a single tac marine. I could see a single tac taking on hundreds of soldiers in a heroic last stand, but the armies here are on the scale of thousands. The idea that a single tac could take over the continent is fairly silly, unless they went the political route which is slower and still fairly dangerous.
>>
>>54884119
>old fluff

Newer marines are weaker than that, otherwise how did cadians repulse he black crusade for so long?
>>
>>54884651
>I wasn't responding to OP
OP started the thread with the topic of a single marine conquering Westeros. You were talking about marine conquering westeros, where the post you replied to did not specify number. Why would anyone think we were suddenly talking about more than one? The person you answered was likely asking because these are important logistics for a single marine to consider, if you're trying to kill thousands of soldiers over likely years.
>>
>>54884652
I don't even like Spess Muhreens and you'd need to be retarded not to see that it's just what would happen. Assuming codex compliance they'll use guerilla, political manipulation, and key assassination tactics. The 41st Millenium operates at an entirely different wavelength than this poor excuse for fiction (not that many 40k books are written even remotely competantly)
>>
>>54880912
A techmarine with some fabrication servitors and servo skulls would probably have the easiest time, yeah he won't be able to replenish diamond-tipped bolter ammo easily but he should be able to use the planetary resources to do something besides just hack at everything with a combat knife.

For a Librarian this is easy as fuck, if they're chaos it's 1000x easier since they can just summon reinforcements. Even lesser demons would rape all of westeros in a day, let alone a greater.

Assuming the marine was briefed in advance on the mission he would be able to bring a lasgun (carbine, hellfire, hotshot, whatever) in addition to his bolter that would negate the need for melee combat.

"How would a marine besiege a fortress" marines are bullshit superhumans, in power armor he can fucking scale the walls like he's the damn Hulk.

The Imperium wouldn't send a single marine anyways, shit like this is what the Officio Assasinorum was made for
>>
Yes, he fucking can. Anyone who tells you that a single marine cannot conquer Westaros, is an idiot. fanboy.
>>
>>54884687
>They
We're talking about a single marine here.

>Guerilla, assassination
I'm not saying they can't easily win 1v1s with anybody, but you can only kill people so fast with those methods. This is still one guy wandering around, and in power armor at that. He makes his first couple notable kills and people are hunting him. He of course slaughters the first several parties sent after him, but when a full army is finally mustered he loses.

>Political manipulation
It's been noted this is the only viable method, but is really risky as it requires playing the manipulation game with everyone else doing the same thing. He can have a major leg up by claiming demigod-hood as a right to rule, but will still end up needing to lead an army, which will take time.
>>
>>54884679
What the actual fuck are you talking about anon? You may need to get your autism checked as the top level post in this comment chain is asking solely about the logistical aspect of field life on power equipment
>>
>>54884726
>A single tactical space marine can conquer all of Westeros.
>>
>all these retards ITT forgetting that power armor needs to be charged

So he rampages for a month, then needs to take it off to recharge it through solar panels (which is mentioned to be slower than regular charging)

Then BAM! Arrows through the fucking eye
>>
>>54884717
This is a single marine rallying already loyal (though wavering) planetary forces against a daemonic invasion. This is different from literally invading and conquering a nation with a single dude.
>>
>>54884653
Five cadians jumped on top of a higher daemon and tried to shiv it to death. Cadians are bad ass.
>>54880912
Alpha Legion is the only correct answer. He'd have a united Westeros faster than any other Marine because the Alpha Legion SPECIFICALLY TRAINS for this exact situation.
It's not even a hard question.
>>
>>54884748
This is the most reasonable answer I've seen so far. It'll take a bit of time, but an AL marine could probably do it fairly reliably.
>>
>>54884723
>>when a full army is mustered he loses
No, when a full army is mustered he's completely impervious to every weapon on the planet and the enemy army breaks ranks and flees because they aren't mindless tyranids, they're human beings. Human beings that have never heard automatic weapons fire, let alone full-auto armor piercing missile launchers like a Bolter, will shit their britches and break ranks.
All the marine has to do is stand on a hilltop and fire into their massed ranks and all hell will break loose.

Even dragons in ASOIAF are just giant targets for bolters. They're not near as powerful as dragons in other settings, and while their breath is hot enough to melt stone they are pathetically short-range. They've been slain with nonmagical weaponry and held with regular chains before their extinction, they're a fear and intimidation weapon more than anything
>>
File: The Ragged King.png (469KB, 1310x280px) Image search: [Google]
The Ragged King.png
469KB, 1310x280px
>>54884747
Excuses.

Have this.
>>
>>54884760
Sorry, does he have infinite ammo?
>>54884764
>feral world
>same as medieval world
>>
>>54884769
To a space marine, it's practically the same.

And Fenris is a feral world. It has viking. Viking are medieval.
>>
I think we may ve overestimating just how tough Power Armor is.

Clearly he could just wade through an army, but Power Armor has been shown to crack under large impacts. A siege weapon, white walker horde, or Dragon would be able to hurt the marine with varying degrees of success.
>>
Single marine conquers the warp, anon say he cannot conquer a planet.
>>
>>54884760
Marines are only T4 Sv3+. A butt naked guardsmen can kill one, given long enough.

Barring that, they just do shit like lashing chains around pieces of armor and dragging him into a hole or water. Start using Tarrasque tactics.

>>54884764
Details unclear. This would seem to be the political route, where you show off some prowess and use it to convince people to follow you, which is the best course of action here. Not killing everyone.
>>
>>54884723
>He of course slaughters the first several parties sent after him, but when a full army is finally mustered he loses.

Okay you've got your GOT army who's fastest units are cavalry at 30-40mph carrying weapons that the Marine will laugh off. The mountain with a full swing of a Warhammer would not budge a marine.

The Marine can run faster than vehicle Highway speeds, on uneven ground, without food or water, without sleep, without ready.... for weeks. He is not going to get tired or unfocused. So your army tries chasing him for a day and sets up camp after he slaughters all of your pursuing cavalry or decides to just book it. You go to sleep and wake up hearing a commotion. It's the marine sprint through your camp faster than sentries can't react or stop. Your last image is a ceramite fist coming at your face.

What does your army do now? I guess your second can take command and continue. They die the next day while marching. The next commander doesn't die, the perimeter sentries do. Then their replacements.

Desertion started the day the original commander died. By the end of the week nobody is going to be willing to continue hunting the demon.
>>
>>54884779
>Feral World is defined as a planet whose population is composed of nomadic hunter-gatherers or members of early agricultural societies and who possess technology equivalent to Old Earth's Stone Age, Bronze Age or early Iron Age cultures

hmmm
>>
Didn't a Chaos Space Marine get turned into a pincushion by a bunch of ferals?

I guess it depends on if the Marine is a main character of the story or not.
>>
>>54884797
Marines are only M6", same as regular guardsmen. Assuming shitty medieval weapons are no better than unarmed, that's still S3 AP0, which can kill marines.
>>
>>54884798
>Iron Age cultures

In other words, medieval.
>>
>>54884723
It's almost like you assume
>he's a marine you'd find in the tabletop
>it falls within your shitty psuedo-expectation that marines are hulking battle driven retards
It's not a question that a single marine will take over Westeros, because a single marine has taken back a Daemon world, a single marine has fought against Ork hordes for 20 years standing on physical mountains of bodies, marines are so ridiculous that they can dodge supersonic, diamond tipped, armor piercing, explosive rounds which for the most part, bounce off their armor like it's irrelevant. On top of all of this, he is smarter than you are, and more importantly, a hell of a lot smarter than any one else in the setting, despite his religious fanatacism. Which due to the way warlords inevitably rise lets this one Tac-Marine raise an army that will actually do well for itself, on top of the assassinations and political leverings. At any point during this, a Governor will show up who will likely take the the Marines reccomendation for Exterminatus or orbital cleansing.
>>
>>54881346
He scales the walls and kills everything inside.

Key thing with castles is that they are built to hinder armies attacking with chokepoints and killzones which allow them to fire arrows at enemies while they can't return fire.

Most obstacles aren't a problem for the Marine and they don't possess any weaponry that could be a threat to him, since any powerful enough siege weapon which could damage a marine would tend not to be something you can aim at a fast moving target and expect to hit.
>>
>>54884801
Unironically this.

The capabilities of a single Space Marine vary widely, depending on the situation. Spinefists in canon can puncture but not go through power armor, and those are just Diamonds that get sneezed at you really fast. With armor and reactions like that, they shouldn't be all that difficult to kill.

But their abilities will change from book to book depending on the author.
>>
File: retard.png (29KB, 1125x102px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
29KB, 1125x102px
>>54884812
Sigh
>>
>>54884723
>He of course slaughters the first several parties sent after him, but when a full army is finally mustered he loses.

A Space Marine with no armor can outrun the best runner. With armor we're talking about someone who doesn't even need to stop for sleep running faster than a horse. If he wanted to he could just charge through the army and nobody would be able to stop him.
>>
>>54884808
How new are you? TT stats mean nothing outside of TT because they contradict all lore for fair gameplay mechanics.
>>
How heretical would they find it? Old gods, new gods, many faced gods. Lord of light might sound somewhat like the emprah to the right chapters.
>>
>>54884794
>Marines are only T4 Sv3+. A butt naked guardsmen can kill one, given long enough.
Guardsmen use mono-molecular weapons. Even the kitchen knives have an edge that can cut most modern materials.
>>
Things that a space marine regularly beat have been known to end entire worlds on their lonesome.

>912.M41 THE GOD SHADOW
>A shard of the Void Dragon escapes from its imprisonment, laying waste to the Arotepk Dynasty in its mindless rage. Though only a faint shadow of a true C’tan, the Void Dragon gorges itself on a dozen worlds, expending its fury upon the living before the Arotepk Crypteks can finally force it back into its cage.
>>
Couldn't a dragon just pick him up and drop him until he stops moving?
>>
Marine would get baited into a cellar full of dragonfire and fucked up, eaten by a literal dragon, whittled down with siege equipment, buried in a pit trap, or stabbed in his sleep.

Muhreens would be largely immune to standard handheld weapons, but as with '1 tank vs the roman empire' from the other week, numbers, logistics and the ability to learn and prepare will always win out.

>>54881491
>Ceramite is harder than any known material and shatters non-powered weapons
>gets fucked up by WWII-tier ork junk guns and literal meat cleavers
>>
>>54880912
it really depends on your timeframe.

you want it done quick? Send in a White Scar.
you want it done by its own hand? send in an Alpha Legionaire.
you want it done so completely it'll never change back? send in an Word Bearer.
you want it actively contributing to whatever warzone it's closest to? send in a Salamander.
you want the entire world dead as an example to others? send in an Iron Hand.
>>
>>54882099
Well he probably could if they showed up.
But what really would end up happening is that the said Marine would probably convert some of the local populace to Imperial creed and then lead that band from one impossible victory to another, with more and more people ending up following him as following him and the imperial creed means victory.

He could just march beyond the wall, pick up all the Wildlings by beating the shit out of their leaders and use them to hold on to what he took if he just needed to.
>>
>>54884837
A butt naked guardsmen, using fisticuffs, is S3 AP0, as per the unarmed melee attack statline.
>>
>>54884797
The Mountain would absolutely budge a marine if the marine wasn't in armor.

FFS, you can't trust the fluff, it's been overtly stated several times that the fluff is each side blowing their own shit out of proportion and things turning into myth and legend and shit. Look at the numbers.

Marines have a 4 in almost everything, trained humans have a 3. Heroic humans can approach a marine's stats. Will a space marine be terrifying on a feudal world? Absolutely. If he plays smart, plays the Game of Thrones, does he have a chance to conquer all? Absolutely. Can he do any of this by being a tard and trying to murder everyone against him by himself? Fuck no. One human isn't enough to take and hold a single city let alone a fucking planet, not to mention attrition.
>>
>>54884865
>>gets fucked up by WWII-tier ork junk guns and literal meat cleavers

Pretty sure that power of the Waaaagh! empowers these weapons.
>>
>>54884827
Tabletop mechanics are literally GW publishing who beats who in a fight, using a standardized set of stats. GW has thus declared that a sufficient number of unarmed humans can eventually kill a tac marine. Fluff varies wildly depending on whose point of view it's being told from, and marines often are granted silly sue-like powers which the game rightfully ignores.
>>
>>54884875
>Marine turns up and does a littlefinger, climbing through the rungs of society

This would be significantly more fun to watch. I'd like to see cersei try a trial by combat with him around.
>>
>>54884876
AFAIK, in the newfluff, all the waagh really does is make the weapons work reliably without jamming or falling apart. Choppas are still literally metal axes.
>>
>>54884876
That's not how the Waaagh! works anon. It can't add power fields to things, any more than it can make a welded chunk of metal that looks like a gun actually fire.
>>
>>54884876
In recent codexes and such they don't actually mention Waaagh! energy outside of what fuels a weirdboy's powers.

So right now it's just looking like the cleavers are empowered by a fucking Ork swinging it, and their guns are mekboy idiot savant superscience

>>54884890
What he said, basically
>>
>>54881346
>But what does the marine do when he comes to Kings Landing and has to break through a fortified castle

A fortified Castle made of stone and wood. He breaks it the fuck down.

The bigger issue is those narrow ass stairs but he probably just stomps foot holes in them
>>
>>54884652
20 knights well armored and traines can kill unarmored peasants by hundreds.

Astartes wouldn't get tired, so they could keep on going until the entire castle is dead.
Besides, if he ever felt he was outnumbered, they have nothing that can catch him as he runs faster than horses.

Calling the banners wouldn't do dick since it's ultimately him who determines when and where the fighting is gonna happen.
>>
>>54884875
>The Mountain would absolutely budge a marine if the marine WASNT IN ARMOR.

No shit, did you know Marines can be stabbed by regular metal too. No marine is going to disarm away from his brothers stranded on an non-imperial planet. They are literally built to do things like stay in the field for months in combat.

>Can he do any of this by being a tard and trying to murder everyone against him by himself?

Nobody is saying they WOULD do this. Unless it's some insane chaos marine but we can rule those out. The marine is going to not be a retard. Stay hidden, gather Intel, assassinate important figures, etc.

He's not going to call out the world and then wait 5 years for every army to converge at one spot then try to kill them all with melee. Since when have Marines been dumb brutes instead of life specialised soldiers?
>>
>>54884905
Alright, fair enough. But how often do Orks actually kill Space Marines in canon?
>>
>>54884869
For example to others, I'd honestly send in Night Lords anon
>>
>>54884905
Nah, in the Beast series, an Admech brings an Ork chainsword near a half-dead Ork. The previously broken down shut down chainswords started rev revving when it got close to the Ork.

The Admech attributed this to the psychic energy that is still pouring from the Ork even in his half dead state.
>>
What I hate is that everyone forgets Marines - ok, well, some Marines - aren't fucking Braindead.

A smart enough marine leverages his powers to say bitch i'm Azhor Azai's chosen one I was sent here by the Empe- I mean, Azhor Azai, to lead you

And uses his super brain, bullshit powers, regeneration, ability to not sleep, consume any poison, etc to build himself an army.

And guess what? people probably fall in behind the unkillable god king who can eat peoples brains and gain their memories, never sleeps, spits acid, is strong enough to lift and throw a horse, has a sword that literally roars, etc.

It would have to be something better than a standard Tac. That being said, i'd elect Iron Snakes, since that's almost the plot of the first Iron Snake short story. One Marine vs a Deldar incursion
>>
>space marine climbs wall
>they give away under his weight
>buried under rubble

Problem solved
>>
White Scars on horses, because apperently savage undisciplined nomads are bane of fully armored knights.
>>
>>54884962
>marine doesn't die
>digs his way out over a series of 3 days, doesn't need to eat or sleep
>kills the first animal he finds and eats ALL of it
>doesn't get sick because space marines
>>
>>54884957
That's not what was claimed though. Yeah, a SM can lead an army superbly well. But OP stated that he could singlehandedly conquer..
>>
>>54884971
>digs his way out over a series of 3 days, doesn't need to eat or sleep
>as he does he founds out they've doused the rubble in wildfire
>there's a dragon waiting above
>dracarys
>>
>>54882322
Franz is a much more interesting question because he's human. But he's an amazing statesmen, his technology and army discipline shits all over Westeros, and he's used to dealing with backstabbing nobles.

He allies with anyone willing to ally with him, crushes those who don't, the existing powers are made into elector counts, the Empire's multiculturalism allows Westerosi native religion to flourish alongside imported Sigmarism
>>
>>54884836
Well, the Faith of Seven who are one and Lord of Light might get a pass, provided they recognize their god is the Emperor.

Imperium at large is less particular in terms of how you worship the Emperor, the key is that you do.
You still get people killing each other over doctrine, but that just internal political struggle.
>>
>>54884978
Situation 1: In armor

Completely unaffected by the fire. Kills the dragon. Eats it.

Situation 2: Doesn't have armor

Is badly burned but survives because of space marine regeneration, kills the dragon, eats it.
>>
>>54884985
Lord of Light/Azhor Azai is syncretized with the Emperor. The Seven is either made into subservient entities to the Emperor, or stamped out completly
>>
>>54884986
lmao why do people who don't know shit insist on posting?

Marines in armor get rekt by flamethrowers all the time, wildfire (which is basically phosphex) mixed with dragonfire WILL end the marine, armor or not
>>
>>54884995
The seven are expanded to 9, their names replaced by the primarchs
>>
>>54883098
Having not seen the show but knowing a bit about 40k lore
>one shadow demon, an entire city summons those
So the thing can slip into a armor protected by a machine sprit? assuming that means nothing are they completely unkillable and un-noticable? cause then yeah you are right but they sound like things that the writers go to to kill somebody off
>Dragon caller horn
Looked this one up, Just looks like some high-teir magical horn, assuming its unbreakable the person who is using is not just shoot them and shoot the rest who try to pick it up
>Dragon breath liquify stone and iron
But do they liquify fucking ceramite? ceramite is heat resistant i think it could hold out long enough for a couple of bolter shots to get into that dragon
i doubt a space marine would melt in his suit before the suit itself started melting
>fighting a army of 1 million undead, lead by ice demons, and a powerful chaos sorcerer
Ok might be a little fucked might be time to call for back up at this point but lets assume he maybe came "Prepared" they travel in hordes a explosive could bury many of them at one time especially with all the ice snow and mountains around, so lets assume that the undead are not a problem ice demons assuming they are killable are also not a problem and the chaos sorcerer (having not seen the show) may or may not be a problem
Still feels pretty doable but what do i know
>>
>>54884973
Technically it's impossible to single handedly conquer anything if you are not allowed to raise forces to hold on what you took.

He could take any castle he wanted though by himself.
>>
>>54885000
I assure you, Wildfire is not Phosphex.

>Phosphex is a rare, corrosive and toxic incendiary compound utterly inimical to life, deployed either in the form of large canister bombs or heavy shells. It expands on contact with air into a seething liquid mist which burns with an eerie white-green flame that is attracted to movement. This gelid flame ignites metal and eats relentlessly into living tissue, and cannot be extinguished short of exposure to vacuum. As effective as this horrific weapon is, its use is not widespread as it has a tainting effect beyond even Rad Weapons on the environments in which it was employed. It remained within the arsenals of the Space Marine Legions during the time of the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy as a weapon of dire resort.

>Wildfire is a flammable liquid which is created and controlled by the Alchemists' Guild, an ancient society of learned men using arcane knowledge and is now based in the city of King's Landing. Wildfire is a highly volatile material; when ignited, it can explode with tremendous force and the resulting fire burns so hot that water cannot extinguish it. Only by smothering the flames with large quantities of sand can they be put out. Wildfire is identifiable by the distinctive green hue of its flames and a bright green color in its liquid state. Pyromancers refer to it as "the Substance", while in the lowest circles it is derisively referred to as "pyromancer's piss". As it ages, the wildfire becomes more potent.

Wildfire is Promethium. It probably COULD damage Space Marine armor, but flamers are not effective vs heavy infantry. The Marine probably does die without their power armor, with it they have a shot.
>>
>>54885024
>So the thing can slip into a armor protected by a machine sprit? assuming that means nothing are they completely unkillable and un-noticable? cause then yeah you are right but they sound like things that the writers go to to kill somebody off

Machine spirits are 99% superstition. And yes, that is what it is. Of course if the Shadow Demon has any weaknesses, we never saw them.

If we're cheesing it and saying this is a Grey Knight then I doubt it.

The dragon stuff is easy, they can be hurt by higher end ballistas and their skulls penetrated. Shoot it dead.

The books suggest you need an eye-shot with a ballista, easily doable for an astartes.
>>
>>54884995
The faith of the seven isn't that there are seven gods, but seven aspects to god.
Kind of like holy trinity.

You also have people who worship their sun, but that gets a pass because they are taught Emperor is the sun.
>>
>>54882682
>burning someone who is immune to fire

I don't think you thought this through very far.
>>
>>54885039
are machine spirits supersition? i have gotten mixed readings on that from the lore
100% believed in by all space marines are said to inhabit all technolgy
Ok seems obviously not real
however specific machine spirits can be found in space marine armor and can give fucking crazy bonuses (as of deathwatch books)
is it placebo? seems a bit strong to be placebo

Still makes a bit more sense they would be religion based bullshit
>>
>>54885039
To be fair, don't the Astartes battle against this shit more or less every time the gellar fields flicker?
>>
>>54885056
She is only immune to fire in the show.
>>
>>54885066
>she is only immune to fire in the show
What in the fuck are you on about
What are we all discussing if not the fucking show my dude
>>
>>54885057
It's because lore is presented from an in-universe perspective. Some intelligent systems exist, like the 'machine spirit' of a Land Raider is an actual component with a 'contemplation capacity' and is obviously a sophisticated cogitator.

Likewise, power armour does have sophisticated systems that would make us marvel, like autosenses that directly shunt optical input into the user's visual cortex and bypass the eyes, and so forth.

But they're not spiritual in the same way. Just as an example off the top of my head, the Dark Age of Technology AI in Death of Integrity laughs at the idea of being called a 'spirit' and hacks marine armour in an instant to imprison them, using the armour to bind and lock them in place while it defeats the Adeptus Mechanicus. They don't escape, the 'spirits' do nothing and the Imperium loses access to a complete uncorrupted STC.

They behave exactly as we would expect advanced tech to behave, and not as something spiritual or numinous.
>>
File: stairs.jpg (211KB, 575x2000px) Image search: [Google]
stairs.jpg
211KB, 575x2000px
>>54884923
>>
>>54885066
>>54885069

Even if she isn't immune to fire in the books, she still has dragons. And if she doesn't have dragons, then there's no reason to burn her at the stake because NO MAGIC.
>>
>>54885069
The books you mong
>>
>>54885069
>what are books?
>>
>>54885090
Ah makes sense
so yeah on to the other thing shadow-spirits or demons or whatever they are seem like 100% bullshit anybody got a elaboration on what they seem to do or what people say they do if the show never shows a shadow demon
>>
Slight problem is that we have seen pretty much this exact situation in a HH book. Death Guard Tactical, fresh and armed with bolter and chains word, is rushed by 200-250 unarmed and malnourished peasants, the usual percentages are women and children. He kills a couple dozen, but is eventually brought down by them smashing sharp rocks through the joints in his armour, weighing him down with people and you, know, generally lynching him. I imagine that trained footsoldiers with actual knives and weapons would have a simpler time of it even if no wildfire was involved.

Also, in one of the CSM codexes a Marine is brought down by a lucky shot from a broken lance shaft, AKA a pointy stick in the right place.

So no, he wouldn't best all of Westeros, only however many lords he manages to kill before someone musters a force that won't run from the big scary man.

>>54885057

Machine Spirits on their own don't do much, but bigger stuff like Land Raiders and Titans have strong enough spirits to resist most daemons and have distinct personalities and preferred pilots. The Admech has rituals that can awaken smaller Machine Spirits and make them help, Cognis weapons.

In some situations they're entirely contingent with just advanced inbuilt programming, but in certain situations they're certainly more mystical than that because the Admech can and has come up with new psalmic banishments and such to boost Machine Spirits against daemons and prevent corruption. Big shit has Machine Spirits, but lasguns and bolters and Power Armour almost certainly don't, which is where the superstition comes in. People forget the Admech is still pretty damn competent despite thr the small fraction of dogmatic idiots and the superstition of the lower ranks, this stuff was developed to protect against Chaos and it does do that job.

As for the Marine, unless his Power Armour is as advanced as a Knight Titan it will do completely jack against a daemon, since the MS is pretty wimpy.
>>
>>54885060
Yes. And >>54885039 is only half right. It would be more accurate to say machine spirits are 99% faith which does hold back the warp. The chaos entitys themselves being creatures of thought construct, whether or not a shadow could get into a suit would depend on the marines faith in the big E/ big C.
>>
>>54885128
You're under the assumption that peasants have the will to literally run into a 8ft tall superhuman with a chainsword which would easily cut them in half while they slap him with rocks.
>>
>>54885171
Well, they did, because some of them were zealots and some of them were desperate. Last I checked, the Seven Kingdoms had no shortage of zealots or desperate men.
>>
File: IMG_4276.png (142KB, 400x184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4276.png
142KB, 400x184px
White Scars.

This is a world where the fastest modes of travel are ships and horses or, in extreme cases, dragons.

White Scars would just outrun absolutely everyone and get the job done quick
>>
>>54885119

Oh it's seen in the show, I mean we don't see what it's limits are - it could be intangible or it could disappate at the first sword swipe. It is born and disappates very quickly, and kills one unarmoured dude. It miiiight be able to catch a marine napping but to be honest I think their situational awareness would do for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knq_7MfHO0o
Show version

It's produced by blood magic from a far off land called Asshai, where there are 'shadowbinders' - notably the names of the targets are required, so the habit of many space marine chapters of obscuring their birth or true names would possibly immunise him entirely.

In the novels it cuts through their steel armour like butter, anyone's guess if that'd work on far better astartes armour. I can't see it being a sure thing by any means. If nothing else he can retreat and wait for it to die, then find and kill the red priestess who birthed it.

---

>>54885128

I'm aware of the arguments for machine spirits existing independently of hardware and software but I honestly disregard them. It wasn't the original authorial intention of the 40k writers and generally isn't to this day, there are outliers but I am generally content to call them outliers in an otherwise consistant trend of, as you say, machine spirits being present only where the hardware supports a proto-sapient mind like a titan or Land Raider, or where noospheric shenanigans are happening. But I sense you and I disagree very little on this.

---

>>54885135

We've no sign that faith does anything against blood magic in Game of Thrones, nor does it matter much as the magic is clunky and the wizards are squishy.
>>
File: 1482198601471.jpg (49KB, 340x360px) Image search: [Google]
1482198601471.jpg
49KB, 340x360px
>>54880912
>>54884801
>>54884821
>>54885128
Also in the first Grey Knights novel
>not even a full squad of Grey Knights lose a guy or two while fighting a Feudal World's worth of arguably "Tzeentch Empowered" Mounted Knights+massive Peasant Levy because literally ant swarm'd by suicidal fucks

One SM could conquer Westeros assuming they played to outsmart instead of outfight (Ultras, IF, or one of the stealth fuckers) but even then I'd wager most fights would end in favor of the SM.*

*except for suicidal human swarm waves, Daenerys "Plot Armor" Retargaryen, or encountering stairs.
>>
>>54885245
As an addendum, one of the blood mages we saw was captured and enslaved by barbarians, another captured by mercenaries and brought back to Varys to be tortured. They might birth one shadow assassin to attack a marine, they're not likely to get the chance twice.
>>
>>54885245
I mean, it doesn't really matter whether Machine Spirits are warpy at all or not, Admech tricks work just as well regardless of metaphysics. Personally I think that Titans and starships and equally fuckheug stuff WOULD have an actual spirit, since they're powerful enough to mindfuck any pilots they don't want and/or pull a Speranza sometimes. If puny humans and Tau have souls, if small ones, I'd be surprised if things that big don't given their emotions are far stronger than ours.

Small stuff like Power Armour and guns and stuff? Probably not, although their onboard programming may support some functions of one when properly treated with binharic canticles and Cognis and such.
>>
>>54885316
Pretty much, in any case, I think a shadow assassin may do the job, but really only if it catches him by surprise.

The obvious answer if you're the space marine is of course, to pick whichever queen you like (why not Dany? Serious question, dragons are not heresy), join their queensguard, and preach that the Emperor has sent you, and will in time send his anointed priests to reveal the truth of the universe (IE the Missonorius Galaxia) and the truth behind the gods.
>>
>>54880912
Westerosii have easy to use teleporting technology that they use on an episode-basis.
How can marines compete against that?
>>
>>54884979
Depending on where he came through from, he might have some trouble. If he emerged in the North or the Reach, he'd have no trouble, since he could bring his armies over without being bottlenecked by the portal. If he emerged in the crownlands, or Stormlands, or the Vale, the armies of those areas could bottleneck Franz at the portal entrance, at least until Franz is able to get one of the 7 Steam Tanks to the portal. Though the Ulricians would love the North, and probably would start crusades beyond the wall to tame Direwolves.
>>
>>54885261
its not even a world full, its the armies of the local that could be rallied at the time.
>>
>>54885703
I'd think he'd parlay for a bit, probably invite some Westerosi to the Empire, have his people show them the miracles of printing press and the workings of the Imperial Guild of Engineers, a display of magic by the Wizardly Orders, a drill of pistoliers and so on, and oh yes, then the Imperial Zoo.

By the time that's done, the emissaries of the Westerosi would be pretty much chomping at the bit to sign on with the Empire, and get some sweet sweet arranged marriages.

A vast area of very valuable land would be gained without needing to fire a shot.

And best of all, the Empire would immediately take the Wall 100% seriously, fully garrison it, and they'd have the resources of the Empire and even if the wall is actually breached, its allies (including various dwarves and elves) to deal with the Others.

Flawless Victory.
>>
His bolter would be out of bullets very quickly but even with local weapons he'd cleaved through any challenger.

All houses try to sway him to join their side.

Maybe some agree to worship the Emperor but really as an excuse to unleash the Astral Knight upon their enemies.

What he would have more difficulty dealing with is the political backstabbing and the constant pressure by everyone. No matter how good he won't be able to everywhere at once. When the grey joys and wildlings attack or if a dragon queen lands on the east, the Marine will be forced to delegate to mixed effect.

Also one day someone will try blowing up wildfire under his feet. Wildfire looks strong, dunno if its stronger than Ceramite. Maybe they do it in a place the Space Marine is known to take his armour off for repairs.
>>
>>54885766
I suddenly have this beautiful image of Balthazar Gelt being sent to review the Wall as a viable defensive structure, and its magical potency, and going "Hmmm.... This gives me an idea!"
>>
>>54885766

yeah, considering the empires history with shitty northern barbarians marching upon them and fucking their shit up they'd probably lose their minds over the people of westeros having a 100 foot wall to stop the evils of the chaos wastes and barely bothering to garrison it.

they'd bring master engineers from nuln and dwarven craftsmen and turn that place into a single gigantic castle, then man it with ulfric worshippers.
>>
File: rapier.png (52KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
rapier.png
52KB, 500x501px
>This entire thread
>>
>>54885836
Eh, it's interesting to imagine.

The Karl Franz one is more amusing though.

Of course, assuming it happens 'now' in show time, the Empire can also probably make obsidian grapeshot for its cannons. It might even be able to send some sort of emissary to the Slaan and see if they can get some of the lizardman super-obsidian with the forging qualities of steel that would work for bullets.

Assuming dragons are somehow essential to killing off the White Walkers, how many can the Empire actually muster? There's the Imperial Dragon, Elspeth's Carmine Dragon. I suppose you can get far more if you're willing to go cap in hand to the elves, too.
>>
>>54885908
The issue is that they would need to wait till a Slann came across to the Old World, since the Slann have a history of killing people who even walk in their jungle.
>>
File: pic498057.jpg (582KB, 1024x1353px) Image search: [Google]
pic498057.jpg
582KB, 1024x1353px
>>54885918
This is true, though I think the southlands slaan have been a little bit more friendly? There was a tale of an Araby merchant who went down to them for a trade route and was denied but whom they joined forces with on a looting expedition to Nekhara.

Send expendable emissaries though. Pic related.

Pic related.
>>
>>54885939
True. But we can all agree that "What Would Karl Franz Do" is far more interesting than Space Marines.
>>
>>54882683

Presumably so they could be """"clever"""" and make Tully into the shape of a fish.
>>
Do you think the mountain would give a tactical marine trouble if they both had similar gear?
>>
>>54881346
>Look upon me mortal
>See that I am like you
>But I am more than you
>For I am a god
>I am a piece of the seven made manifest
>Now serve me and I will guarantee your place in the afterlife

ez r me
>>
>>54886024

the mountain is a shit tier night and would have died ten times over if it weren't for his inhuman size and strength, against a physical superior he'd get his ass kicked even with better weapons
>>
>>54880912
Probably Thousand Son/Blood Raven for the mind bullets, or a Space Wolf/Blood Angel for the sheer rip and tear. I suppose an Iron Hand would be able to organise some rudimentary tech on the side.
Maybe a Salamander would be able to rile up the red priests to help them out
>>
File: Please God Kill Me.jpg (24KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
Please God Kill Me.jpg
24KB, 384x288px
>>54886084

>shit tier night
>night
>NIGHT
fucking end my existance
>>
>>54884360
I would be cool with that.
>>
>>54884744
>Marines that have supernatural sight and hearing getting ambushed
>Any sane person getting anywhere near a demonic metal thing that has been rolling in the bodies of their comrades for a month, and has probably been beating dragons to death
>implying he wouldn't have a cult round him by that point
>implying he wouldn't have chosen somewhere practically inaccessible to charge up
>>
>>54880912
A regiment of guardmans could do the job
>>
>>54880912
What's that damned traitor doing killing Humans that can yet be brought into the God Emperor's grace when there is a Nurglite Horde massing to the North?

>actual answer
Raven Guard. You need somebody with high levels of sneaky breeki to circumvent the many strongholds of Westeros and kill the enemy leadership, set ambushes and generally not get caught in serious traps.
>>
>>54886024
We've already seen the mountain get rekt against a guy with a pointy stick and his casual clothes. He's a jobber who I would not put up against an IG veteran, forget a SM.
>>
>>54880912
>A single tactical space marine can conquer all of Westeros. That isn't up for debate.
Space Marines in 40k have canonically been killed by young teenagers on medieval worlds stabbing them in the neck joints with sharp wooden sticks, and that's while they were fighting as units with support and shit, not a single lone marine without his support elements.

You're a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>54880912
>marine runs out of bolter ammunition and promethium fuel for his melee weapon
>gets eaten by a dragon or something
RIP.
>>
>>54886294
>ignoring all the natural elements that make SM laugh at dragons
>being this blind
>>
>>54886298
Not even that guy but there are no "natural elements" that make Space Marines "laugh at dragons".

Without a boltgun or power sword a tac marine is fucking dead against a dragon. Even with that gear he's not guaranteed to win, he merely has a chance.
>>
>>54884942

Statistically speaking, the majority of space marines that have died since the Heresy have died fighting Orks. Not because other factions are not more dangerous, but simply because Marines are fighting orks all the goddamn time, whereas things like Nids and Necrons actually attack pretty rarely in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>54885035
>It probably COULD damage Space Marine armor

Go back and watch the fucking Sept of Balor get turned into a crater and all adjacent streets get burned to ashes and tell me "Yeah, a Space Marine at the center of that takes 0 damage".

The same space marine that, in canon, can get killed by a lucky shotgun shell.
>>
>>54886336
Good luck getting him into a position like that or hitting him with that much wildfire.
>>
The marines battle acumen and equipment are too precious to get bogged down in front line warfare. Most likely he'll be pursuing tactical objectives, taking out supplies, captain level figures, poisoning wells, etc. Until eventually he spearheads the big push to kill the enemy commander and force a surrender.

Unless he's a World Eater then yes, you will see an autistic man child running around from battle to battle.
>>
The best Chapter for the job is going to be the best Chapter at Human Relations, because one tactical marine can conquer a kingdom but not LITERALLY alone, they do it by becoming the best warlord and raising armies like everyone else.

So, Ultramarines or Salamanders probably.
>>
>>54884865
Try and be more subtle with your bait
>>
>>54886407
>but not LITERALLY alone
I mean, they could

it would just take a really long time
>>
>>54886464
No, they couldn't. It's logistically impossible.
>>
>>54884823
Not the guy you are replying to, but that just says when the iron age starts not when it ends. I'm not gonna call you a retard because that would be rude but you should probably make sure the information you're posting is actually relevant to what you're talking about before you post it.
>>
>>54886464
No, they couldn't.

Even if space marine armour literally made you invincible (it wouldn't), and even if you had an unlimited supply of ammunition (a single marine wouldn't), there's still the fact that you can't be everywhere at once. You might be able to 'conquer' everyone you point your bolter at, but then you have to leave to go 'conquer' something else, and in your absence, anyone who was smart enough to hide from you can get to stirring up rebellions.

A single space marine that refuses to play the Game of Thrones, while literally being in Game of Thrones, is not a conqueror, he's a heavily-armed tourist.
>>
>>54882568
Did it, though? You know full well by the end of the series the only people opposing her will be Cersei's, and they'll be the Bad Guys.

Not saying it's realistic, but despite how much I hate her, Dany is the Protagonist. And it is pretty easy to get people to serve you when the other option is getting It Ain't Me'd.
>>
>>54886637
>you can't be everywhere at once
just kill everyone, dawg

fists don't run out of bullets
>>
>>54885261
Add World Bearers to that list, as well as Black Templars and any chapter with skill at proselytizing.
I'm imagining a Templar deciding that the Seven are primarchs with different names, or associating Rhllor with the Astronomican, or just Chaos doing its usual Chaos thing.
>>
File: danyfags be like.jpg (250KB, 1770x792px)
danyfags be like.jpg
250KB, 1770x792px
>>54885340
Top kek anon
>>
>>54885811
Honestly the Empire could turn almost any fantasy setting into something approaching 'noblebright industrial revolution' pretty rapidly. The biggest sticking point would be dealing with racial integration in kitchen-sink settings, but even then I'm sure they could adapt, or create segregated colonies.
>>
>>54881723
>according to Deathwatch a power armor has energy for a few weeks, unless it has solar panels
>>
>>54880912
why there are 9 factions if they are called 7 kingdoms?
>>
>>54886929
You can get a reactor in dark crusade which lets your armor stay powered forever.

It's one of the systems that still works in your armor, so if a marine has a set of well maintained armor he's golden
>>
>>54886952
OP's homebrew setting looks like a straight ripoff of medieval England, maybe whatever internal politics produces "7 Kingdoms" doesn't count the not-Irish Greyjoy and not-Scottish Stark?
>>
>>54884397
> that's the joke
>>
>>54886952
some of the "great houses" are just wealthy landowners who've used the centuries of peace under one crown to grow more powerful than the descendants of some petty kings.
>>
>>54886952
There were seven kingdoms before they were unified.
The North
Dorne
Westerlands
The Vale
The Reach
The Stormlands
The Reach and the Iron Islands were ruled by one king.
>>
>>54880988
You're pretty much right. Dragons are huge, can fly, and breath fire that's hot enough to burn a man completely to ash in seconds, skeleton and all.
>>
>>54881346
>what does that marine do if a naval ship swings around and start taking shots at him.

Shoots the fuck back and destroys the ship
>>
Let's talk about this

So a tactical marine has below average stats of 30 in the rpgs(which are the closest to fluff)

An average human(keeping in mind that imperium dudes are genetically modified) has stats of 20-25

A marine has power armor(8 all +20 S) and his knife(1d10 pen 2)
and the well equiped peasant has(let's call plate mail flak for this exercise(though it's nowhere close) 4 all) and a sword (1d10 pen 0)

With their toughnesses the marine has 12 wounds, and the peasant has 4.

In a blow a marine deals 5(avg)+6(unnatural S)= 11 damage.

This damage is soaked by the armor(2 because pen) and toughness 2 which is 7 killing the peasant instantly.

The peasant attacks the marine and deals 5 damage+ 2= 7

Which is subtracted from 8(armor) and 6(unnatural toughness)

A dragon probably is a crappy flamer, if we count it as a heavy flamer(it's probably not) it still only deals an average 13 damage which has to beat the marines soak of 3+6=9 for a total of 4 damage

Now most marines have stats of 40 which is all kinds of spooky making the marines toughness 8.

That's not even talking about the rediculus movement speed and carrying capacity.
>>
>>54886992
>Stark
>notScottish
Do you even war of the roses?
>>
>>54887131
Dragon is better than a Heavy flamer. Ordinary people can survive getting hit by a heavy flamer in the table top rp, while normal people hit by dragon fire are roasted to -10 crit threshold in a single hit every time. Then you have the aforementioned Power Armour only having a few hours of charge. Once it stops it lowers strength and makes the marine auto-encumbered. If you give the Marine the internal reactor, then the Westerosi get wildfire and ballistae
>>
>>54887264
His map has them in Scotland, dude.
>>
>>54887285
This is going by dark crusade, which allows my armor to have 2 functioning systems(actual tact marines have all of them) which I picked sealed and reactor.

And normal people do go down really quick to flamers, in fact I think dragons are just normal flamers, simply for the fact that the average peasant just dies to a normal flamer instantly, due to the average person having 4 wounds average wounds from a normal flamer deal 9 damage, which is more than enough to put a peasant with 20 toughness(probably 15 because no genetic mods) in the grave.
>>
>>54887370
We ain't talking about Peasants, we're talking about trained soldiers. Lets look at Dark Heresy stat lines, the best for baseline human. 20+array, focusing toughness, strength and Weapon skill. At least 30 toughness, which translates to 13 wounds, since we are using array system. Astartes Heavy Flamer does d10+12. therefore, to kill an opponent in a single hit, you need to do at least the average damage. An Astartes Flamer does 1d10+9, so at max damage, it just inflicts a lethal crit effect. Your stats are putting normal humans at the level of gretchin across the board stat wise. GoT proves that one shot from a dragon pretty much instantly kills a soldier, in armour, behind a shield. I am basing my GoT soldier on a Feral World Scav.
>>
>>54880912
>That isn't up for debate.

You're adorable.
>>
>>54887480
Yea but look at this knights typically have armor of 3(chain) if we do 2xTB for wounds(like rouge trader) a person with 25 in each stat(which is pretty hardcore) will have 4 wounds.

A normal flamer has pen 2 and deals 9 average damage which would deal 9-1(armor)+2(TB)=7 damage which would put a man in the grave easy.

You are forgetting the fact that 1st you can roll higher than 5 and 2nd flamers straight up light people on fire.
>>
>>54884723
> They
It's the singular they anon.
>>
>>54887555
Holy shit you don't know what wounds are. Wounds are a d10+ the 10s of your toughness at character gen. Soak is your toughness. 25 in each stat is not badass it the starting stats before rolls for a RT character. Dark Heresy, again, the best baseline human char gen is 20+rolls
>>
>>54884812
> What is steel age technology
>>
>>54887555
You are saying a human with 25 in each stat is a badass. No they are very below average. the minimum someone with 30 toughness can have is 4 wounds. and even then, you need to inflict a lethal crit effect to kill them.
>>
>>54887592
No they aren't, different games treat wounds differently.

For example a chaos servant an infamous starting out one has 9+1d5 wounds for an average of 12.

And that's a famous servant of chaos, an average human would have less than that, delving into the 6-8 territories, whereas a knight would have 9-10 wounds.

And this is all assuming that GoT humans are anywhere close to 40k humans, which had undergone a bunch of genetic engineering.

(I do realize that the way I had been doing wounds before isn't actually the RT way of doing things, you do add a dice to your TB*2. I believe it is 1d5. But that would still allow for wounds in the 5s for a peasant)
>>
>>54887642
They kind of are, acolytes are pretty hardcore humans. You typically get an array of 25's through 30's

You roll 2d10 and add it to 20, which gives an average of 30

But GoT people aren't acolytes they would be extremely lucky to have a 30 in a stat.

Not every peasant has 30 in all stats, heck most knights wouldn't have 30 in most stats. The imperium is so vastly large that they only choose the cream of the crop for the acolytes
>>
Heres a better wuestion.

What the minimum amount of guardsmen it would take to pacify the entire game of thrones planey (planetos?) ?

And how would they do it?
>>
>>54887687
"40k humans, which had undergone a bunch of genetic engineering."
A Feral worlder is what I based my stats on. The epitome of unaltered genome. Even less tech than GoT. A Peasant would have around d5+4. Thats assuming a toughness of 20, since as it says in RT, 20 in a stat is far below average. For a soldier, not even a knight, its d5+6. You are also ignoring the fact that you are not lowering wounds to 0 to kill. You need to do a lethal crit effect which for flame weapons comes in at around -7. So thats at least 13 Damage needed to kill someone who is an average human.

>>54887731
Not really. Rogue Trader gives a breakdown of what level stats are considered average. Baseline human is 30, below average is 20.
Also, see the aforementioned, you need to kill them not lower them to 0.
>>
>>54885128
>Also, in one of the CSM codexes a Marine is brought down by a lucky shot from a broken lance shaft, AKA a pointy stick in the right place.
Said marine was explicitly stabbed in a damaged section of armour. My brain says it was described as melted and seemed to imply something like a plasma weapon, but I'm not sure if that's accurate.
>>
>>54887771
All of humanity is generically engineered, being a feral worlder doesn't change the fact that humans had been improved on for thousands of years.

And feral worlders aren't the best to base your stuff on, because feral worlds really want to eat you. Even dragons aren't that terrifying to a feral worlder.

20 is kind of the baseline human, as 30 is the baseline astartes. Sure some humans reach 30, but most marines have 40.

In fact the marine in the dark crusade book is terrifying.

An imperial guardsman, the cream of the crop, breed for battle for generations, has 10 wounds.

Adepts have 5 and zealots have 8

So a peasent would likely have around 5 and a knight maybe 8?

A tactical marine has about 20 which is ridiculous.
>>
>>54887775
because military doctrine in the GoT setting definitely isn't "melt it with a heavy flamer and then poke it with sticks".
>>
>>54880912
>That isn't up for debate.
Why create this thread and clog the board with shit then? It's almost like you had a concious thought in your piece of shit of a brain for a second.
>>
File: IMG_0531.png (1MB, 640x1136px)
IMG_0531.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>54887890
>>
File: BATTLE BROTHAS.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
BATTLE BROTHAS.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>54887895
See you're trying to make a joke here, but it really isn't.
Sure wildfire could do bad things to a marine, but that's got it's logistical and tactical issues.
Dragon fire would also be a threat, but a bolter would be able to bring down a dragon so tactics are the issue.
And neither of those are common or easy to deploy.
>>
>>54888006
But your mistake is assuming that "uncommon and difficult to deploy" means "won't happen".

No one in this thread is arguing that the marine wouldn't, barring terrible luck, easily win his first encounter if prepared. But he simply can't hold land, and an army or even a decent-sized detachment could literally bury him under a mountain of corpses too heavy for him to move.
>>
>>54888274
Yea but any marine that isn't a world eater would quickly have an army up and running.

They are tactical geniuses
>>
>>54886081
Congratulations, you are now a heretic. No space marine would even think of using religion in a way like that, they're too indoctrinated for it
>>
>>54888274
>literally bury him under a mountain of corpses too heavy for him to move.
except for when a marine fought orks for 20 years on and stood ATOP a giant pile of bodies
>>
>>54888341
You sure?

Alpha legion might

Some of the smarter chapters might quickly make a cult of personality not revoking the emperor, but making a cult of him
>>
>>54888363
That guy should have been promoted
>>
>>54888385
promoted to lead this solo-mission in Westeros
>>
>>54888363
Being buried under corpses have happened to marines in canon.

If you're going to insist on using obcure pieces of fluff, you can't pick and choose only the ones that make marines look good.
>>
>>54888568
Yea but being burried leads to things like Mephistion.

A marine probably wouldn't be buried simply because medieval armies don't have the moral or training of the imperial guard.

They would break before the marine
>>
File: Storm_Trooper.jpg (870KB, 1280x953px)
Storm_Trooper.jpg
870KB, 1280x953px
>>54887766
Hard to say, beating the shit of feudal worlders and actually holding are two very different things.

Id say about 10.000 or so
Send a thousand to every major continent and make the local king or emperor swear fealty, then use the already existing feudal structure to bind the planet to service the Imperium.
>>
>>54888607
>GoT has no fanatics that fight against impossible odds

Nigga what.

And the marine that got buried was killed when the feral worlders managed to shove weapons through the neck joints. That SM is gonna kill a lot of people, but he's still dead.
>>
>>54886637

this, anyone seriously claiming a single tac marine could solo any medival nation is fucking stupid considering the numerous showings where a lone space marine is killed by being buried in numbers.

a primarch could solo westeros though
>>
>>54888647
He can just run your realize that right?
This dude>>54887956 can run 30 m/s which is 67 mi/hour.

Even horses couldn't catch that
>>
>>54881346
Why even try to break his armor? People always think so one-dimensionally. Entangle him in some shit and drop him into the ocean.
>>
This entire premise falls apart when you realize that Marines have been killed by Orks and Nids, factions whos weaoonry consists of
>Elaborate zipguns and sharpened wedges of metal
and
>Pointy chitin and ejaculated bugs with diamond jaws
>>
>>54888700
The could conquer, but not kill all the people.

As stated a marine could kill all of the kings in battle
>>
>>54888712
Space marines are amphibious even without armor.

Plus we are all forgetting about the belchers gland, which means the marine is never without a ranged weapon
>>
>>54888709
Then he's not conquering, is he? He's running away constantly, occasionally striking against vulnerable points.

Admittedly a marine would do well in guerilla warfare, but I assumed you wanted the Tactical to be more than just the local boogeyman mothers tell their children to look out for.
>>
>>54888295
"Tactical genius" doesn't buy loyalty.

A squad of muhreens, who could share bolter-not-armor with one faction leader/armor-not-bolter with another faction leader and put a quarter of the setting on a feudal leash without it being able to kill them? Sure. But if it's just one, even with the Catalepsean node sooner or later he's gonna need to nap and that's when you land a dragon literally on top of him and drown him in snakepiss.
>>
>>54888728
Is that the acid spitting one?
>>
>>54888713
Can we borrow the word "weaoonry" to refer to katanas and foot-wide claymores?
>>
>>54888369
I was under the impression that we were considering only officially loyal space marines.
And, see? This is exactly a thing that a loyal space marine would never ever think of. They may not be dumb, but they're only ever taught 2 things: that the emperor is their god, and how to best fight for him. So even if they would be smart enough to create some proxy-imperial cult, the first thing they were taught seems like it should prevent them from ever thinking about it.
>>
>>54888755
I don't see why not.
>>
>>54888713

theres a part in dante where the blood angels fortify a ruined spaceport with land raiders and have half a demi-company, a squad of archangel terminators lead by first captain karlaen AND dante and the sanguiniary guard, they fortify the structure so they can EVAC the cadians who survived on the planet because dante is a fucking bro

even with all that force they still lose 6 marines, including an archangel terminator.

they almost lose captain karlaen cos he loses his shit when the terminator gets buried and goes one man army on a bunch of warriors, dante has to physically drag him to the stormraven.

so yes, a single tac marine would get overwhelmed by an army very easily, he'd earn a retarded body count but he'd still go down
>>
>>54888734
Konrad Cruze took an entire planet with fear tactics.

The alpha legion has taken large groups of planets with one dude.

Just because he's running doesn't mean he's lost

Heck he could run an start hucking boulders.

That would kill an army pretty quick.

Most marines can and will lift tons causally
>>
>>54888719

they're immortal superhuman demigods, sanguinius lorgar and corax could literally depopulate westeros, it would just take them a while.

magnus could do it in a few months considering his utterly retarded psychic power, he'd melt the whole continent to the ground.
>>
>>54881346
Do you remember that civil war era ship guns were not capable of penetrating ironclads? Monitor and Merrimac fought it out for hours without even denting each other. What do you think westerosi level tech would do to something designed to fight space wars?
>>
>>54888785
Yeah, people seem to think that marines are one man armies, when in reality they're MARINES. They're extremely effective spec ops who specialize in decapitation strikes directly into the enemy leadership.

When marines take the front lines, there are always casualties.
>>
>>54888822

multiple instances of space marines literally suffocating under mounds of bodies or having their armor fail through one in a million shots with literal feudal weapons
>>
>>54888798
Because the lore is wildly inconsistent.

If this is a named character then that's a different story. Plot armor is a canonical boon that some people have due to fate.
>>
>>54888713
You are forgetting that even orks are leagues above GoT in terms of tech, and that tyranids are horribly poisonous.

And that orks are about as strong as space marines(if not stronger)

Their guns are about high WW2 level, and their blades are specifically made for muscle bound demigods of war to use.

That's not counting the waaaaagh energy
>>
>>54888740
>"Tactical genius" doesn't buy loyalty.
It actually does. People like winners
Being a gigantic, nigh unkillable, force of destruction that is observed to seemingly never sleep also helps.
The fact that he can also seemingly pick out voices in the most sense of crowds would make any potential traitor shit themselves
>>
Wildfire would fuck a space marine. Just saying.

That having been said, There are plenty of marines who could roll over westeros, but the most effective way is through command of the existing forces.

HH-era Luna Wolves, Emperor's Children for the absolute win. Post-heresy there aren't many contenders to do it to the same level of control. A Word Bearer could certainly take advantage of the inherent fanaticism that seems predominant in many Westerosi realms, but it would be the recognition and exploitation of each realm's ambitions and values that would be the key feature.

The Northmen and possibly the Ironborn would easily recognise a Space Wolf as their leader, but the Dornish, the Reachmen and Westermen probably wouldn't. Those of the crownlands and the vale probably wouldn't. The stormlands and the riverlands maybe.

No one would unite behind a blood angel once the red thirst revealed itself. A Dark Angel would be a potent spymaster but I feel would be too distracted to hold actual power. An Ultramarine would probably do reasonably well but that's mary sues for you. Iron Hands would be comical in that they'd probably kill everything in their path for being weaklings. A Salamander MIGHT do well.

Raven Guard are unsuited to real power, as are white scars.

Reminder that there were only a few primarchs who rose to prominence in their cultures before Empy showed up. HH Fulgrim would bend the entire planet over his knee and spank it.
>>
>>54888867
Heck even a grot with a pistol could take some of westros.

grots have the advantage of being hard to hit, and tough as nails
>>
File: b23.png (134KB, 334x393px)
b23.png
134KB, 334x393px
>>54880912
>The Twins
>Riverun
>Under House Arryn
>THE LORD OF THE RIVERLANDS AND HIS MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECT UNDER HOUSE ARRYN
Who the fuck made this map?
>>
>>54888867
waaagh energy is just what powers weirdboyz now, this was covered earlier in the thread.
And if a choppa wielded by an ork can penetrate marine armor, so can a ballista.

And scything talons aren't naturally poisonous, they're literally just chitin blades.
>>
I'm still gonna say the marine days to sorcery at the end of the day. Probably literally just a demon slipping inside his armor and removing his heart. Or the night king freezing him. Or someone in old town trying out what's hidden in the books. Or someone blowing on one of the magic artifacts out of old valeryia.
>>
>>54888728
>Space marines are amphibious even without armor.
But still immobilized. He'll just starve to death at the bottom of the sea, unless the pressure crushes him first.

The idea that a single big man can take on entire armies by himself is preposterous.
>>
File: file.png (7KB, 818x26px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
7KB, 818x26px
>>54886511
No, snide mong, I think you need to work on your reading skills
>>
Raptors. They're more used to working with the common populace than anyone else, and they're all about meticulously planned work.
>>
>>54888916
Yeah, but has a Space Marine ever actually died to JUST talons?
>>
>>54888829
>when marines take the front lines, they die

Must be why you always see marines on the front lines then.
>>
>>54888943
Of he played his cards right a marine could take an entire army

Fear tactics, sabotage and being a one man catapult would help.

And space marines are stupid hard to incapacitate anyways, my dark crusade group had to catch one. Let's just say that having a mouth gun and the ability to break chains with his arms made it a chore, and we were marines as well
>>
>>54888969
>Have SM ever been killed by Hormagaunts?

Really activates the almonds
>>
>>54888998
Well if he's spitting acid then his helmet is off. He's REALLY easy to kill then.
>>
>>54888916
Choppas and talons are far better quality than anything made by a blacksmith.

Probably approaching monomolecular
>>
File: beastclaw-3.jpg (188KB, 650x866px) Image search: [Google]
beastclaw-3.jpg
188KB, 650x866px
What if the ogres showed to the party and started conquering things?
>>
>>54889021
They literally can breath underwater.
>>
>>54880912
wait I thought the twins were bannermen of the tullys?
>>
Reminder this is ending son:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/a-song-of-ice-and-fire-tabletop-miniatures-game
>>
>>54880912
Alpha Legion easily, the biggest advantage he'd have is that nobody would ever think "Maybe a superhuman in power armor is causing all of these problems"
>>
>>54889205
If a Legionnaire teamed up with Littlefinger, he'd easilycrash westeros with no survivors.
>>
>>54889229
Littlefinger is only a little guy though.
>>
Honestly if I was trying to conquer anything using 40k I would use a necron lord w/staff of light.

No food no drink no sleep no breathe no ammo no nothing.

And they have stupid armor
>>
File: Baneblade2.jpg (140KB, 1000x444px) Image search: [Google]
Baneblade2.jpg
140KB, 1000x444px
>>54889281
That's why the Alpha Legionnaire is there; to ensure there's a big guy involved.
>>
>>54889049
... they can also be stabbed and shot in the head. Who said anything about water?
>>
>>54889386
Honestly this whole thread is

A smart alpha legionnaire could have the place conquered in a decade, tops.

a lasgun should be something each marines has
>>
>>54889032
They literally aren't though.
>>
>>54889473
It's just a flesh wound.

I mean it could cripple a space marine but unless its really bad, a marine could walk it off.

The belchers gland just makes it so that an naked marine could still do a ton of work on the world.

And it makes them stupid hard to capture let alone kill
>>
>>54889484
Actually he's kind of not entirely wrong. The molecular structure of an Ork weapon makes little difference if it's WAAAAUGGH is strong enough, and Tyranid Talons are known for being stronger than mere swords (approaching power-sword levels really).

Evidenced by how Genestealers can rip through terminator armour.
>>
>>54889504
Guilliman stated that being shot in the head would kill him. You're claiming that a tactical marine is more durable than a Primarch.

Killing a helmetless marine is a lot easier than capturing one.
>>
Could 9 marines, each of every first founding chapter, conquer not the continent, but the whole world?
>>
>>54889484
A normal sword(for the imperium) deals 1d10 damage

A choppa deals 1d10+1 damage which is as much as a power maul.

And that's not considering that a medieval world would kill for an imperium sword.
>>
>>54889515
This is the third time it has been stated in this thread, Waaaagh! Energy does NOT empower ork weaponry. That was retconned.

Genestealers kill terminators due to their rending claws, which ARE monomolecular. The only other mono-weapon in the tyranid arsenal are boneswords, which are specifically called out to be monomolecular.

Hormagaunt talons are just sharp chitin. And Hormagaunts have killed marines.
>>
>>54889545
Yea shot

Nothing less than a ballista approaches a bullet, let alone a 40k bullet.

I mean an arrow would hurt but marines have far thicker skulls than the rest of us.
>>
>>54889563
A two-handed fuedal great weapon does 2d10 damage. Let's not use arbitrary 3rd party rpg stats.
>>
>>54889587
Yeah. Except for that time a chaos marine had to take off his helmet because it was damaged, and got killed by a tribe of feral worlders with crossbows.
>>
>>54888755
Kek, that's great.
>>
>>54889585
Yea the fact that orks are muscle bound demigods of war empowers ork weaponry.

Even homogaunt blades are leagues above what westeros has.

I'd rather have an ork choppa than anything made by a westeros blacksmith, because meks are that good.
>>
>>54889622
They aren't impervious, they can die to normal weapons like us.

But they are far more likely to laugh it off than us, which makes them scary.
>>
>>54889563
>A normal sword (for the imperium) does 1d10 damage

That's just a normal sword. Made out of steel. When you use Imperial munefacturing techiques you add the Mono-upgrade to it, but a feudal sword does 1d10 damage.
>>
But could a Valerian Steel sword match a Power weapon?
>>
>>54889644
Considering the white walkers, foes who laugh off grievous wounds are kind of an old hat for them.
>>
>>54884865
>sleep
Can't Marines sleep while remaining conscious by turning off parts of their brain?
>>
>>54889607
It's also primative and unbalanced

An ork big choppa deals 2d10 damage but is tearing and unbalanced

Ork weapons aren't primitive
>>
>>54889630
Yeah, Orks are strong. That means that all you need to kill a Space Marine is enough force, and weapon materials are not as important as some people have claimed.

Homagaunts talons are nothing special, Hormagaunts are just dangerous because they're basically pistol shrimp.
And Meks make choppas out of sharpened scrap metal, not through some arcane Xenos forging technique.
>>
>>54889661
Parry

Oh it broke

Power sword wins
>>
>>54889708
Meks are biological repositories of the old one's technological knowledge anon.

You discredit Ork technology far too readily considering they can make Cybork implants with scrap electronics that are actually functional.
>>
>>54889708
Considering ork weapons aren't primitive and have a pen of 2(which normal weapons have to take the mono upgrade for)

They kind of do.

Meks are spooky
>>
>>54889661
No, pattern welding doesn't match spehs magic that somehow 'disrupts matter'.
>>
>>54889662
You mean the things the vast majority of their planet doesn't believe exists?
Just because I know a Bloodthirster can shrug off normal weaponry doesn't mean I wouldn't shit myself if one broke down the door, even if I had an appropriate weapon to hand, because my first thought would be along the lines of "What in the everliving fuck is that?".
>>
>>54889738
>>54889702
If you're talking about the primitive quality in the Rpg, then... neither do Great Weapons or Swords? Hell, I'm looking at the armory, and only about half the weapons in the low-tech melee table have the primitive quality.
>>
>>54889743
Neither one of these is mere pattern welding anon.
>>
>>54889721
Yeah. When a Mek makes important stuff, it works very well.

But a choppa is literally a sharpened slab of scrap metal.
>>
>>54889790
A choppa is literally the most important thing there is to a Ork.
>>
File: IMG_0532.png (169KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0532.png
169KB, 640x1136px
>>54889774
This in the low tech section
The top one is the 2d10 greatsword
>>
>>54889738
The warhammer does 1d10+3 Pen 1 Primitive (8).

Kinda seems like a warhammer is fairly close in damage to a choppa, even with primitive (8).
>>
>>54889622
Wasn't his helmet damaged by lasfire, utilised by the top 10% of a top 10% Guard regiment, prior to having his face pincushioned by venom-coated bolts?
>>
>>54889790
considering how a basic choppa deals one more damage then the mono weapons its competing with(besides the warhammer but "eh") choppas must have some special quality
>>
>>54889779
Valyrian steel is pattern welding with some magic thrown in. The fact that a sub-Renaissance culture can melt them down against suggests they're not particulary robust by interstellar civilisation material standards.

Hell, even with our current tech, we could construct a sword out of tungsten which would be impossible for a medieval smith to work with.
>>
File: meleeweaponscreenshot.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
meleeweaponscreenshot.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>>54889808
anon, if you're going to insist on debating on the internet, at least use the most up to date edition.
>>
>>54889825
Two things

1. Orks can and will use warhammers, they are great like that

2. Orks are typically stronger than normal humans(4 to a 3)

Which would make a choppa 1d10+5 pen 2

And a war hammer 1d10+6(5 if RT) pen 1 primitive
>>
>>54889846
Yeah, the specual quality is being fucking huge because Orks are fucking huge. More mass, more damage.
>>
>>54885788
>political backstabbing
politically backstabbing an immortal demigod that tears horses in half with his bare hands is not very intelligent. You can crumble his empire but not kill him and he will come to you and wil rip your head.

After a practical demonstration, Castamere, Harnehall, no one would try to fuck him.
>>
>>54889873
Orks still have that nice pen 2 on most of those.

That lance is nasty though
>>
I feel like a lot of people are making a mistake assuming that the space marine would be utterly alone for the entire campaign. It'd be much more logical to assume he gathers a massive army fairly quickly.
Just think about it
>be peasant
>never seen guns, heard of dragons in myth, even really good steel is mythical in my world fantasical things aren't really a common everyday occurrence
>a commet lights up the sky one night
>go to inspect the crater the next day with a bunch of other people
>some strange metal thing is there
>all of the sudden out of the forest walks this giant, 7-8 foot tall man-like thing
>he demands we swear loyalty to some God-emperor thing
>local lords say fuck that, we haven't fought all this time to get cucked out of the throne by a litteraly who
>wage war of the man-thing
>he can run faster anything else in the world, to the point it makes you ill
>he can spit fucking acid
>his armor can't be pierced by any normal weapon
>he can get shot in the heart and still keep going
>can't be poisoned, can eat fucking anything it seems like
>can eat others brains and know what they know
>can breath fucking posion and even fucking underwater.
>can see in the fucking dark, and can see miles and miles away with no problem
>even outside his armor he's still resistant as fuck
>can pick out what your saying even in an extremely large crowd, talks of betrayal or dissent are almost immediately spotted
>doesn't need sleep, sometimes ever depending upon chapter
>can change his skin color to protect against something
>can tell from a single bite if someone's trying to posion him
>can pickup horses or fucking bolters and throw them at you
>holds a metal crossbow thing which can project launch fucking explosives at an insane rate, able to down a dragon or a giant
>his sword is better than anyother weapon you've ever seen, can cleave through men like nothing
It's like having to choose between serving superman or opressive nobles. Most everyone chooses the former
>>
>>54889903
>Ork with choppa
1d10+5 pen 2

>Human with warhammer
1d10+6 Pen 1 Primitive 8

I'd say the Ork with a choppa wins out due to having a higher max damage and better pen, but just barely.
>>
>>54889912
>Harnehall
I thought that was off the table
>>
>>54889938
To be fair, the hunting lance has a blackpowder charge on the end of it.
>>
>>54889938
Oh, absolutely. My point was a Human with a two-handed weapon has similiar damage to an Ork with a one-handed weapon.
>>
>>54886288
>as units with support and shit
Ninja law applies.
Unit of marines = expendable cattle
1 marine = Chuck Norris has come to kick ass and chew carrots and let me tell you he finished the carrots long ago.
>>
>>54889945
This is pretty much how shit went down during the age of strife when the Emperor revealed himself.
>>
>>54886464
on a whole planet more people are born then he kills. Even if he kills 24/7
>>
>>54880912

Pretty sure Westeros will surrender to the marine after. it single handily destroys a army by hand.

Remember people are people. And people would rather live then die pointlessly.
>>
>>54889989
Plus, add in that people who are fated have canonical plot armor.
>>
>>54889948
The nasty thing about orks is that a man sized one has sb 4

The bigger ones can get SB 6 and unnatural sx2

And by the point they have that they have a power claw or big choppa
>>
>>54889995
AoS was slightly different because the techno-barbarians were far closer to thinder warriors than westeros armies are to a space marine. Thunder warriors were better, but the power gap wasn't that huge.

Here's a thought though: which tac marine is our invader? Just a basic bolter one, or is is the serg or heavy or special weapon one?
Because if it's the serg, he can have a lot more stuff. We can give him a power weapon, lighting claw or thunder hammer as well as a combi-weapon. That would make the scenario a lot more interesting while still fitting the constraints of single tac. Could anyone even stand up against a thunder hammer+combi-plasma tactical? That would take the fear factor to a whole different level
>>
>>54890030
Yup. Nobz are in a whole different league, which is why I figured they didn't have much plac in this discussion.
>>
>>54889945
The marine would gain a huge following, hailing him as a God or something.
The marine would of course insist that he is merely the grandson of the ONE TRUE GOD.

After demonstrating his might on the battlefield, the astartes would be able to take a position of power, and use the already existing feudal system to his advantage.

He could then muster fanatical armies, who believe that they are fighting under a demigod (they are), and then use these armies to subjugate the rest of the planet.

He could then with all the resources of the planet at his disposal, try to make a device to call his chapter for help.
>>
>>54889945
There's also the fact that any lord with a brain would eventually realise that, while they probably could dogpile him (assuming he stayed still long enough to let them), there's practically no defence in the planet that would stop him if he really wanted one person in particular dead.
It would take a few high profile deaths, but theoretically he could control a great deal of lords just via the certainty of death if he's sufficiently motivated.

After all, surgical strikes are what Marines do as a day job.
>>
>>54883047
Well that space marine is gonna have a whole lotta of fisting to do.
>>
>>54890058
>The marine would of course insist that he is merely the grandson of the ONE TRUE GOD
You know, I think that would make most people even more scared. Here's this being that I see as a god, and he's telling me there are beings who are even more powerful? Or that he's not even the most powerful of his army?

People would reac a lot like that comic where the orks invade a feudal world I think. I'll try and find it
>>
File: image.jpg (554KB, 1280x1996px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
554KB, 1280x1996px
>>54890095
Here it is
>>
File: image.jpg (536KB, 1280x2003px)
image.jpg
536KB, 1280x2003px
>>54890119
>>
>>54889754
In addition to what you said, there's also Kharn.
>>
File: image.jpg (729KB, 1280x2005px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
729KB, 1280x2005px
>>54890132

>>54890134
Why would you be afraid of such a swell guy like Kharn?
>>
File: image.jpg (562KB, 1280x1993px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
562KB, 1280x1993px
>>54890149
This is how feudal worlders react to space marines arrival, and these are folks who had at least heard they exist. The people of westeros would probably react much the same, if not more scared.
>>
>>54890095
>my dad, well he's 12 feet tall, and does everything I do, but better
>>
>>54890149
It ain't about what he's done, it's about what he hasn't yet finished.
>>
>>54885066
This is wrong
>>
>>54890193
In the books, her surviving the dragon hatching was a one time thing, not an inherent immunity to fire.
>>
>>54890179
Heck it's even scary with a captain.

>you know how I killed your king with my knife, my brother has a sword.
>>
>>54890179
Kek.
It'd be quite a mind fuck to learn not only are you not alone in the universe, but fucking space marines are out there, fighting wars against uncountable monsters, and they aren't even the biggest and baddest, you've got sterngaurd and vangaurd, termies, captians, honor guard, libbys, chaplians and chapter masters, and those are all below custodes, who are below primarchs who are below the emperor.
I don't know if anyone has ever experienced such a feeling of being put in ones place in the universe as that would make you feel.
The closest thing would be going to space or setting off nukes I guess.
>>
>>54890203
I think that it's the only time it's been tested in the books, though I remember that she once bathed in scalding hot water with her handmaids trying to stop her
>>
>>54890253
We were all arguing if a tact marine could conquer, but honestly, anything higher than a marine just wins.

Necron warrior, ork nobz, captains, vets, captains, Sargents, custodians, daemons.

They just win
>>
>>54890345
Do you think an aspect warrior could do it?
>>
>>54890371
Quite possibly. Depends on the aspect.
>>
>>54890371
Probably not. Aspect warriors are good, but they're around the same power as a tac marine, and they don't have all the training a marine has in things that don't involve just fighting (like tactics, logistics and strategy). And they won't be allying with mon'keigh, they'll be trying to kill them.
A cron warrior only has a chance because of how resilient they are and how good their weapons are, that makes up for the fact that they aren't really all that bright (or for that matter, sentient, unless that's been retconned and all crons are sentient now)
An ork boy most definitely could, because 1 ork boy= a whole WAAGH due to how orks reproduce. I doubt the people of westeros can figure out that fire is the only answer before the damage is done.
A custodes is LMAO fuck off tier powerful, they could probably exterminate everyone on the entire continent.
A space marine serg has acess to all the nice shit like power weapons and combi-guns, which means they can be slicing through people with a power sword and brining down a dragon with plasma as hot as a sun, that shit will anhilate the enemy.
>>
>>54890616
No matter how heavily they're armed, they still have a fixed 10-day deadline to slaughter or subjugate the entire setting. The marine himself obviously can't march end-to-end in that time, or even get a good geographical sense of where he is, and if we're treating it as a "they come to him" scenario 10 days is rather quick for even a single faction to muster a force larger than a sherrif's retinue - at which point, if he wipes that out it's not at all surprising for a monster in the setting.

Before word of how terrifying he is spreads to every faction, one or another lucky scrub will walk up to him during a combat fatigue window, plunge a dirk into a likely-looking joint, and get lucky.
>>
>>54884793
>no Draigo, you are the demons
>>
>>54890804
What?
Why on earth would they only have 10 days to do it? Is that something from GoT lore that I'm not aware of?
And you are utterly unaware of how powerful space marines are if you think that combat fatigue is a thing for them (it isn't, some chapters, like the blood ravens, litterally never sleep) and that anything short of maybe dragon fire or wildfire can kill a marine, esspecially with a lucky shot to a joint.
>>
>>54890874
Er, my mistake, 13. The longest-ever active combat duty shift was 328 hours. The Node doesn't actually replace the need for sleep, it just releases stimulants to prevent it; past a few days all the hallucination and psychosis symptoms that you'd see in a normal person begin to set in.
>>
>>54891064
That still doesn't mean that some random fuck is going to be able to kill them during that short period of time they sleep, and that's assuming the marine doesn't go somewhere that nobody but him can reach, that the enemy can get to him before he wakes up, and that said enemy has a weapon capable of getting through power armor quickly enough that the marine doesn't wake up, kill them and then go back to sleep, and THAT assumes such a weapon even exists on westeros.
>>
So if someone were to write a story about a space marine in GoT what would make it interesting?

What chapter would lead to more INTERESTING stuff happening? What would challenges he will have to overcome?

Wouldn't it be a perfect plot for a isenkai novel?
>>
>>54884890

new fluff is dumb.
>>
What about a Sororitas?

She is a less powerfull space marine. Would she stand a chance?
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.