[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friends and I are looking for a setting/system for swashbuckling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: PirateLady.jpg (65KB, 624x824px) Image search: [Google]
PirateLady.jpg
65KB, 624x824px
My friends and I are looking for a setting/system for swashbuckling pirate adventures. What are our options?
>>
>>54878306
7th Sea.

GURPS
>>
>>54878317
>7th Sea
2E or 1E?
>>
>>54878306
One Piece D20
>>
>>54878361
But that's dead...
>>
>>54878347
Flip a coin and pick the other, bring back story-times of the results.
>>
File: 458px-Furrypirates_cover.jpg (145KB, 458x599px) Image search: [Google]
458px-Furrypirates_cover.jpg
145KB, 458x599px
>>
>>54878347

2E is fun

Also Savage Worlds
>>
Fate, Savage Worlds.
>>
>>54878747
What are the difference between 2E and 1E?
>>
Savage Worlds is great for swashbuckling. I haven't read it, but I hear the 50 Fathoms book is perfect for it.
>>
>>54878306
>Rogue Trader
Have you ever wanted to roleplay a man with far more money than sanity anon? Because if so tgis is the perfect game for you, do you waant to prowl the common shipping lanes for merchant vessels and take their goods for yourself, then take it all back to your own personal colony world, and be mostly within the confines of legality, backed by your incredibly wealthy lawyers to grease the local nobles to make things go your way, and emsure the local Imperial Naval fleet is never persuaded to head your way? All of this and more is possible for you in the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millenium
>>
>>54878982
I'm still angry I never got to play Spelljammer
>>
>>54878306

Poison'd.
>>
>>54878982
Well, I was thinking more swashbuckling high seas type.

>>54878913
Is the 50 Fathoms book all we'll need?
>>
>>54878347
Lot5R 4th edition mixed with 7th Sea fluff.
>>
>>54879145
Then play spelljammer.
>>
>>54879145
I'm upset I don't get a chance to run it anymore.

My catch is that I will only run it in 2e or Savage Worlds. Maybe Burning Wheel if you give me time.
>>
>>54880349
You'd still need the Savage worlds core book. $10 for a physical copy of check out the PDF share thread for the digital. Maybe just go there anyways and get it and see if you like it. Also 50 Fathoms
>>
File: Sky_Love_Amelia_L_Falcon.png (242KB, 452x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sky_Love_Amelia_L_Falcon.png
242KB, 452x500px
>>54878306
RAAAAABU HAAAAATOOOOO
>>
>>54878306
Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies, uses the PDQ# system.
>>
>>54883831
PDQ?
>>
>>54884180
Pretty Damn Quick Sharp
It was also used for the Zantabulous Zorcerer of Zo.
It uses 2d6 and 3d6 (for duels).
Characters are collections of Fortes, sort of like Fate's Aspects And Skills. Rated from -2 to +6 (with 2 point granularity). You roll 2d6 plus relevant Fortes, damage reduces a Forte by two points for each point of damage until your all gone passed -2.
The drama point economy can be used to introduce plot elements as well as bonuses.
>>
There's a conversion of Barbarians of Lemuria for this.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.