[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to do a dark tower prequel campaign (gunslingers dispatching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1768262_1.jpg (45KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1768262_1.jpg
45KB, 630x630px
I want to do a dark tower prequel campaign (gunslingers dispatching law and order in the name of Gilead, the civilized bastion of humanity)

I want to represent the clash of values from the capital, (allegedly source of all virtue) vs the colonized unstable borders (wild but with their own ways, truths, rules, etc); so not all wildlings are willing to cooperate, even though Gilead supposedly is all help to their ways of living (they ensue safety, progress, etc).

Which are some situations in which I can represent that clash of beliefs, besides "My gods are better than yours"?
Which choices can I put before the players so they have something to think about instead of "I go in, shoot the shit, i go out?

Also, I know that /tg/ likes to reccomend Dogs in the Vineyard for all Dark Tower needs, but I see it as an unnecesary mess and I already have a system for it.
I only need some examples on how to make it more interesting.
>>
Have them visit a place where guns are prohibited.
>>
Just browsing in to say that the first few books were good, then king just went full retard and it all ended just so badly
The final 3 books were complete and utter garbage. You can certainly tell he wrote his best stuff in his younger years and later in life just gave up on being a good, coherent writer.
That goes for all his works really: unabridged version of the stand that was printed in the 80ies was great, the first few dark tower novels he wrote in the same timeframe were great. Anything he's written in the last 20-25 years is absolute shit.
>>
>>54870629
Yes.
Yet the 8th Book on the Dark Tower is back to amazing.
I think it was like he wrote 5 6 and 7th in a hurry because he thought he was going to die anytime soon
>>
>>54870432

Very nice idea. I'll surely do. But not on the first mission.
>>
>>54871190
>I think it was like he wrote 5 6 and 7th in a hurry because he thought he was going to die anytime soon
This is the truth. He churned those three out while he was still in "just got hit by a van" mode.

>>54870383
>Which are some situations in which I can represent that clash of beliefs, besides "My gods are better than yours"?
Have you read The Wind Through The Keyhole yet? If not, do that.
>>
>>54871190
>the 8th Book on the Dark Tower is back to amazing.
I kindly disagree, though this kind of disagreement is 110% based on personal preference. I do have to admit that I saw the end coming, and knew what was gonna happen after Roland finally made it into the tower; but I still enjoyed that last bit. The whole North Pole village thing right before it, not so much.
>>
>>54871289
You're talking about Book 7,"The Dark Tower". Book 8 is >>54871254

and is a continuation of the story Roland tells in Wizard and Glass wrapped inside a story of Mid-World's past. It's really good.
>>
>>54871310
Admittedly i never read it. Its been at least 10 years since ive read any of them actually. If i remember correctly W&G was the one with Roland and his original gang go counting and Roland bangs the big boob chick and they kill all those harriers in that box canyon with the thinny in it.
THAT was a really good book, so of the 8th one is like that, I might have to 'obtain' a copy
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.