[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's play a game. We will try to deduce how aspects of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1502350546634.jpg (612KB, 1024x1471px) Image search: [Google]
1502350546634.jpg
612KB, 1024x1471px
Let's play a game.
We will try to deduce how aspects of fictional 'verses would play out in real life.
Humans are great at finding creative ways to use the tools already possessed and fiction doesn't do that justice by a longshot.
If followed through to their logical conclusions, you realise that these worlds have greater potential than shown.

For example certain systems of magic could be rigorously broken apart in order to create logical components that use mana instead of electricity. Magic computers!
Or when you can transfer your physical brain into a cyborg, you could also take someone else's brain, put it in a box that simulates a personal hell and give it a push into the blackness of space, to float..
That regenerating monster that is captured and used for food.
That portal gun that becomes a component of a perpetual motion machine and gives infinite energy.

>These are kinda lame, but you guys are smart enough to think of better ones I'm sure!
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 720x864px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 720x864px
>Not using the elder wand to repair hogwarts before breaking it.

>Not using the time turner to kill voldemort.

>Not using a fucking phoenix down on Aerith

>Not jamming a brain control system into hulk

>Not making an army of Tony Stark robots

>Not wishing for more genies instead of wishes
>>
>>54856520
>Or when you can transfer your physical brain into a cyborg, you could also take someone else's brain, put it in a box that simulates a personal hell and give it a push into the blackness of space, to float..
What's the point though? Other than some sort of silly yudkowski probability wank?
>>
>>54858100
Space triads who use it as a punishment worse than death for breaking the code of silence.
>>
>>54858139
Oh whoops I misread. Thought you meant a mind-state, not the physical brain. Carry on.
>>
>>54858100
>yudkowski probability wank
You are talking about the [simulations of you are also you] idea?
For all his blunders trying to argue that we live in a universe where the unknowable does not exist as if the universe ows as meaning, I still like the guy. His posts on rationality are mostly helpful.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.