[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you create a good evil follower and more importantly what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1488930508048.jpg (58KB, 531x507px) Image search: [Google]
1488930508048.jpg
58KB, 531x507px
How do you create a good evil follower and more importantly what stops an evil followers from betraying the party?
>>
>>54855717
Make them worship you and take your lessons as your holy words, to be followed without thought. Becareful though, this may work too well and you might get a zealot that sees your holy form trapped in the shackles of mortality and attempt to "free" you.

You know, make them a minion.
>>
File: IMG_2529.jpg (56KB, 670x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2529.jpg
56KB, 670x376px
>>54855717
Basically Commander Peepers

What stops betrayl is dedicated loyalty and friendship to at least one memeber of the party, even if they wish they would act more evil. Being evil doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it.
>>
>>54855717
>what stops an evil followers from betraying the party
They make more profit as loyal followers than they would by betrayal?
Common enemy?
evil doesn't always equal retarded, though being evil is stupidity
>>
File: kolberg-1-550x382[1].png (142KB, 550x382px) Image search: [Google]
kolberg-1-550x382[1].png
142KB, 550x382px
>>54855717
>what stops an evil followers from betraying the party

Cost vs Benefit

Evil characters don't operate on the moral logic of right and wrong, they are stuck in stages of moral development equivalent to small children. Their main driving forces are what gives them the most reward and what exposes them to the least punishment. They stick with the party because they can get sizable amounts of money just from their share of the loot, while betraying the party means that they have powerful and vindictive enemies personally gunning for them and will do anything to get revenge. Thus, maintaining good terms with the party is in their best interests unless something changes to make siding with the party into the less rewarding and less safe option in their opinion.
>>
Evil people can still have friends
>>
>>54856249
>Tfw toddlers are always chaotic evil
>Tfw orcs are giant green pre-schoolers

Makes a lot of sense, desu
>>
>>54855717
Well, as the other posters have already laid out, its better to be friends with the heavily armed troupe of wandering psychopaths than to have them as enemies.

But, we could give you more advice if you could lay out the situation that would require the evil follower a bit more.
>>
>>54855717

It's no different than why a PC wouldn't betray the party. People who don't fall into 'stupid evil' trope aren't looking for reasons to stab everyone in the back at the first chance, even if it would be profitable. They still have interests, their own sense of morality, friends, and loyalties.

The party I'm in right now has a pretty evil PC that does a good job of it by playing up mob mentality. Her entire moral compass is based on the welfare of the party and their allies. Anyone who messes with that risks a massive overreaction in retaliation.
>>
>>54855717
You could have an evil follower who owes fealty to a rival of the big bad. Not entirely trustworthy, but loyal so long as your goals align.
>>
>>54856249
Oops. Looks like I'm stuck in my teens forever.
>>
>>54855717
There're other better suggestions in this thread but one character I liked playing was someone who wanted to be good but just wasn't. Came from a standard chaotic evil fantasy race and followed the party of heroes around because he wanted to overcome his own nature.

I played him that whenever he was left to his own devices he'd inevitably end up destructive, but when he was with the party he'd ask them first how and what to do. A beast on a leash so to say.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.