[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 20

File: 1501511538815.jpg (290KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
1501511538815.jpg
290KB, 640x384px
Previous thread: >>54824055
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/just-another-manic-monday-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What do you think the other spalts were doing during the sundered world?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54846910
>What do you think the other spalts were doing during the sundered world?
Vamps and Prometheans probably didn't exist yet. Changelings, Sin-Eaters, and Hunters would have operated basically the same. I don't remember the chronology but Mummies would have existed by that point, right? Though not as spread out from not!Egypt. Demons are kind of a wild card since it's unclear in what capacity the God Machine would have been operating at that point.
>>
>>54846967
No. Mummies have yet to be buried. It mentions that in the book. The people who buried them are still alive.

Prometheans would be different, but would still be around. The Osirins are based off Egyptian lore, probably from sometime around that age (or way off, because Egypt was doing stuff for forever).

They would just have different backgrounds. The ones made from spirits/ghosts gangbanging a corpse would probably be the most common.
>>
File: 1392676669008.jpg (87KB, 720x542px) Image search: [Google]
1392676669008.jpg
87KB, 720x542px
To the guy asking of this image last thread, it's from the Daeva Clanbook
>>
>>54846967
>Prometheans
"the Wise tell tales of potters consumed by the secrets of clay and fire, inspired in their madness to craft human forms with their art. In the tales, these figures then awaken as wretched half-alive beings, neither spirit nor man, poisoning the land around them with their very presence."
>>
>>54846967
As for vampires. We only have reason to think vampires don't exist, if we believe vampire mythology.

Chances are they are wrong, and there are already vamps back in 5000 bce.

Even if there isn't, there are probably blood magic corpse leeches similar to them.
>>
Red pill me on Prime.
>>
>>54847472
Cringe af famalam
>>
>>54846910
What is the sundered world?
>>
>>54847749
The world before human recorded history
>>
>>54847794
What line is it from though?
>>
>>54847749
Pre-history.
Mages protect villages from monsters.
Werewolves still have big papa woof to live with, and there's no gauntlet, but "border marches" between flesh and spirit.

Also Pangeans, who are half Spirit half Supernal beings (papa wuffle included).
And gigantic fucking crystal shards of time from The Time Before, which you can scry through into the shattered remains of Atlantis.
And Mages tearing out Pangean souls and breaking them into rocks to creates Demesnes'.
>>
>>54847834
Dark Eras 1.
It covers the Neolithic era, 5000bce.
>>
>>54847842
>Mage

Welp that killed any interest I had in it. Into the trash it goes.
>>
Speaking of the border marches, there is one part about them that doesn't completely make sense to me.

So right now we have the gauntlet. You pass through the gauntlet, like a membrane, and you end up in the spirit.

In Sundered World, with the border marches, you cannot just go straight to the spirit. The border marches stand between, and you have to traverse the border marches to get to the shadow right?

But... if I pass through into the border marches, and I have to go down some border marches path/adventure to get to the spirit... how do I get to where I am in the shadow?

Like lets say I'm standing next to a tree, and I want to be at that tree in the shadow, because there is some funky wizbiz going on.

Can I just pass into border marches, then while still standing in that same spot, pass into the shadow? If that's the case, what is even the difference, why have the border marches pretend to be some realm between? It is the same thing with an extra step.
>>
>>54847588
It's the Arcanum about fucking with Magic itself, and since Magic is truth, and the Platonic Forms which lie above reality, you can do weird stuff with them too.

Read liberally and with custom spells, it's fairly powerful. But so's everything else, and they can actually DO stuff on a day-to-day basis.

So enjoy your lie detectors, green lantern constructs, item imbuing, turning weapons into banes and ramming Angels with trucks. Also the normal shit you'd expect like enhancing yantras, dispelling spells, and hiding your magic from detection.

It's ultimately less proactive, and not that helpful for dealing with mundane situations.
Also it's annoying, as it provides almost no protections in high-grade Mage conflicts with than via Universal Counterspell.
And it can't even solve problems like Hung+Conditional Shifting Sands.
>>
>>54847870

Oh grow up
>>
>>54847893
I don't think the Shadow really "existed" in the Sundered World.

The Spirit World was pretty much entirely distinct, and not as much of a reflection of everything nearby.
I could be wrong, but that's the way I read it.
>>
How powerful were Atlantean mages compared to the ones now?
>>
>>54847902
In what world (of darkness) is being Hung a problem you need to solve?
>>
>>54847911
Why should i have to like Mage? I don't like its themes, I don't like the game itself. I haven't liked any version of Mage, not the old world or the new world. It just doesn't jibe with me.
>>
>>54847918
It says things are still reflections. Like when it describes the shadow version of cities, it talks about how fire spirits tend to defend the spirit side of a village, since everyone pays them respect on the material side.
>>
>>54847927
Atlantean Mages didn't have to worry about the abyss, over-reach, sleepers.
Plus all their Arcana were effectively Ruling, and there was no need for Paths.
So literally anyone could become a Mage with enough effort.
>>
>>54847927
No more powerful but I believe it was easier to Awaken, easier to reach the heights of power, and they just plain understood more about how the world works.

Also they didn't have to contend with the Lie.
>>
>>54848017
No, Atlanteans were 'mini archmages' according to Dave. They had no Paths to speak of. All of the Arcana were Ruling to them. Nothing hampered them.

I can only imagine how powerful Atlantean Archmages were.
>>
>>54848044
Not powerful enough to save Atlantis.
>>
>>54848065
Anon, it was because of Archmages the Fall even happened. Why save the world when you can unite with a greater one.
>>
File: GATE.jpg (30KB, 415x650px) Image search: [Google]
GATE.jpg
30KB, 415x650px
>>54848065
But powerful enough to save reality. Have you thanked best girl Gate today?
>>
>>54848099
She is doing a pretty shit job.
>>
>>54848044
Supernal overload when they overreached was probably pretty bad, but not as bad as Paradox can be or rather, could be, if they'd made Paradox more casually relevant.
>>
>>54848130
Her job is done. She stopped the Abyss from swallowing up reality right away.
>>
>>54848150
>>54848150
Yeah. It is bad from both ends with Paradox.

Like, not only do you HAVE to screw around overreach to even worry about it.

But then you could easily take a little damage and it is all K.

Thanks DaveB, for making Paradox boring.
>>
>>54847472
Thanks. There's a bit o text somewhere around that image I've been hunting. I'll go start reading.
>>
>>54848194
Paradox is better than ever before. It was too harsh in Ascension, and made magic boring because you never wanted to risk anything.

You're more than likely only complaining because you're one of the 'muh balance' freaks.
>>
>>54848211
Who the fuck is talking about ascension?

It is worse than Awakening 1e. No one cares about Ascension.
>>
>>54847893
The spirit world would still be a mirror, but there would be sort of a world between worlds, a wild place, not quite fully grounded reality, not quite fully shadow spirit. Villages and civilized lands were islands of stability/firmament echoed in the shadow, to a point, and then the shadow itself was of course its own thing as it got deeper beyond, with the wild/border marches between them.

I get the impression that these border marches were huge, they WERE the wild, the wilderness to a large extent. And the sin of the wolves fucked things up bad. Father wolf WAS the wild in a sense and in killing him, the Forsaken committed a much greater sin than "simple" patricide. I'm not saying the Pure are right.

But the Pure are right.
>>
>>54848239

Ascension 1e was fucking amazing, before it got Brucattoed.
>>
>they think Paradox has no bite in Awakening 2e

A telltale sign that certain peeps haven't actually played the game
>>
>>54848239
It's better than Awakening 1e. I always hated that every vulgar spell induced Paradox just by being vulgar. I'm glad that shit is gone.
>>
>>54848279
I've been persuaded by your amazing explanation of your stance, anon.
>>
File: Gate-chan.jpg (66KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gate-chan.jpg
66KB, 800x600px
>>54848099
I see another anon has taken up the torch of Gateposting
>>
I want to play Deviant, so I'll buy it when it come out, how fucked am I?
>>
>>54848309
Based on how many people actually play Mummy and Demon.

You're pretty boned.
>>
>>54848295
Now there are at least three of us! All hail best girl.
>>
>>54848239
Literally the most funded kickstarter rpg project ever after 7th sea and Exalted 3e. Brucatobux $$$$.
>>
File: 1426175367696.gif (2MB, 450x408px) Image search: [Google]
1426175367696.gif
2MB, 450x408px
>>54848325
Fuck, I'm already having a hard time pushing Geist
>>
>>54848279
Buddy, we all know damn well that no one who posts about Mage here has played the game. You can't get a group, I find the game a farce, but we've all read the book and know how it functions. If you are complaining about the "bite" of paradox in 2e you are being fucking ridiculous, because it has been gutted compared to even 1e, and is a complete non-factor compared to Ascension. If you are suggesting it has bite, then your idea of paradox having bite is that it even exists as a possibility, which is no surprise, because well, you're a would be MtA 2e player.
>>
>>54848413
Oh no, the "nobody has played anything" anon. Fuck off.
>>
>>54848413
Is there really such a dearth of CofD games? I'm in two Mage: the Ascension and one Werewolf: the Apocalypse game currently.
>>
>>54848325
I honestly can't get why folks don't like Demon. It's playing rogue Matrix agent. It's fun.
>>
>>54848494
I mean, there are probably plenty of games of it out there.

But people seem to generally stick to the big three + changeling. They are the most popular.

So it is just so niche that it would be surprising to find a game unless an ST you already play in games for decides to make one.
>>
>>54848480
Congrats anon, you (I assume) found the unicorn WoD game that isn't filled with retard, furries, edgelords or tumblr.
It isn't a lack of WoD (Even though it is pretty niche compared to PF or D&D) it's just that 90% of them are shit
>>
>>54848413
>Buddy, we all know damn well that no one who posts about Mage here has played the game
No "we" don't all know. I hate that this is becoming a meme argument.
>>
>>54848373
FATHERS THRUSTING COCK INTO ORGANIC LOCAL FOOD!
>>
>>54848480
No. There isn't. It's often better to play them with a real life group, though, one you've played with before and like. But it's like that with every game, I guess. The internet brings out dickheads, especially into tabletop.
>>
How 'hot' is the conflict between seers/pentacle?

Are people being shot on the streets? Shot for walking into the wrong neighbourhood? Are people mostly just staring at each other angrily while all the nameless/apostates on the side sit around with lawnchairs and drink heavily waiting for the show to start?
>>
>>54849153
It varies. In some cities it can be all out war. In others, a stale mate or a cold war type deal. And then there's Pentacle dominated cities and Seer dominated cities.
>>
so how is everyone liking the new hunter the vigil stuff they posted?
>>
>>54849335

I'm a little leery of some of it, but a lot of it looks solid. I'd prefer torturing other supernaturals be higher on the list of sins and maybe have something about it being for pleasure instead. Other than that: it's pretty much what I expected. Especially like the whole 'lost to the hunt' thing measurement.
>>
>>54849153
All Mages have access to nukes. All. Of. Them. They *know* this very, very well. They understand what sorts of bullshit they can do with magic and they understand what every other mage can do as well, a lot of which they can't do themselves. Hell, it's the main reason the consiliums even exist. So the 'war' is usually cold and fought through proxies and patsies.
>>
Is there a practical way to play a blind Awakening Mage? I'm not sure if Mastigos would be the best way to go.
>>
>>54849510
Sure. Mage sight can be interpreted as anything. Someone could use space as a form of echolocation, or just constantly scry everywhere they go. Life 1 would let them immediately know the location of every living being nearby, forming a sort of 'web', especially in more 'natural' areas. That sort of thing.
>>
>>54849510
A Forces Knowing spell of light can literally act as eyeballs for you. Alternatively you could use sound and get echolocation.
>>
Oh god, David Hill is shilling his new horrible book about the supernatural on twitter. Someone fucking get at him.
>>
>>54849608
What is it?
>>
>>54849608
Not your personal army?
>>
>>54849622
Apparently it's about 'hunting monsters in the gig economy'. And killing skinheads, apparently, 'cause that's what monster-hunting protagonists do.

He needs to seriously reevaluate himself.

>>54849637
If by personal army you mean the three guys who live down my block that play WoD in person only? Yeah.
>>
File: SuperiorityObrimosStyle.jpg (96KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
SuperiorityObrimosStyle.jpg
96KB, 540x587px
>>54848480
No, it's just that the MtAw 2e asshats here are known to be the pariahs of the gaming community. Add to that the fact that every time they've been called on to answer questions about actual gaming related experiences, one can expect dead silence, every goddamn time. It's all theorycraft and dickwaving, with liberal amounts of DaveB references every thread, but nary anything genuinely play related.
>>
>>54848579
>I hate that this is becoming common knowledge.

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>54849679
It IS a meme argument, every time someone says "No one plays Mage", a shit ton of people come out of the woodwork and point out they are in fact in mage games.

Hell I'm running one of Ascension right now. I'm having fun and everything.
>>
>>54849510
Yes but why not just ask a Life Mage to fix your eyes?
>>
>>54849669
It's not like their lack of actual play related experiences stands out. Very little play related stuff is posted here, period. And let's be real, if they did post it you would accuse it of being made up.

By the way, I posted earlier in answer to the favorite antagonist question with the Cult of the Red word. We ran that game with Boston Unveiled adapted to 2e and changed a bit so that there were more Adepts and Disciples instead of nearly everyone being an Apprentice if they weren't a Master. My group commonly runs Awakening 2e since it came out.
>>
>>54849722
I've always been a bit confused about how healing someone else works. Is it just done once they're healed? Do you have to hold the spell in your pattern? Do they? If it's dispelled do their injuries return? We've always just treated it as being done.
>>
>>54849717
They've moved goalposts to specifically target people who use the most recent version of Mage as a matter of course in arguments.
>>
>>54849743
Regenerating organs via a strict reading of the rules is possible at Life 5, but must be maintained.

Add in creative thaumaturgy, GM permission, and adding on animal regenerative properties?

Who knows.
>>
>>54849717
It's a troll thing. You see it in the other generals too. The only difference here is that it requires anecdotal evidence to disprove, rather than a book reference like most threads.

At least the only person who posts this shit uses the same pictures every time.
>>
>>54849984
Personally I'd allow it as a +2 reach effect on Life 4 'regeneration'.

Mostly because at that point you'd already have so many other ways to permanently regenerate a body part that it's a pointless hurdle.
>>
>>54850087
And add 'ETERNAL LIFE' as one of the side effects of an indefinite Regeneration spell. You know, for bait purposes.

There's probably some Archmaster who has a combination dynamics/entities spell that routinely follows people who age well around until they hit 200 or so, then creates an antimagic zone around them to let them die horribly. Then replays it in the Golden Road as some sort of bizarre version of Funniest Home Videos.
>>
Haunted Grimoire (Spirit •••• + Prime •)
Practice: Patterning
Primary Factor: Potency
Cost: 1 Mana
Withstand: Total Arcanum dots used in the rote and Rank

Suggested Rote Skills: Crafts, Intimidation, Occult
The mage binds a spirit into the a Grimoire, writing its Essence into the vessel's Pattern. Unlike a fetish, a haunted Grimoire doesn't host the spirit's Numina or Influences, nor does it have an Essence pool. Instead, the spirit is a part of the words and runes themselves, trapped inside the Supernal symbols. The Grimoire gains the Resonant and Open Conditions for that spirit, which is a Lasting effect of the spell until resolved as usual.
Whenever someone casts a rote from the Grimoire, she automatically increases the rote's primary factor by the spirit's Rank instead of by her own Arcanum rating minus one, but the spirit has the chance to escape by riding the vessel's Mana out into the world. It rolls its Power + Finesse in a Clash of Wills against the caster. If the spirit succeeds, the spell ends and the spirit is released into Twilight, although multiple spirits can be bound into a Grimoire with separate castings of this spell.
Whenever someone memorizes a rote from the Grimoire, the spirit has an opportunity to possess her, again rolling Power + Finesses in a Clash of Wills. The mage learns the rote regardless, but if the spirit succeeds, it transfers the Resonant and Open Conditions from the Grimoire to the mage and may immediately use the Possession Manifestation even if it normally couldn't, at no Essence cost.
Casting this spell constitutes an Act of Hubris against Understanding Wisdom.

Why would I ever cast this?
>>
>>54850341
Where is it from? I can't see why you would, unless you practiced a really weird legacy or had no idea what you were doing.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/grimoires-mage-the-awakening/>>54850367
its from the Grimoire thing Dave B just posted.

Can I make the spirit friendly, or is this just a spell you cast to troll people?
>>
How strong of a sympathetic connection do mages have with the aeons if they have a connection at all?

Could a 2nd degree mastigos adept teleport himself across the astral to one of the towers if so inclined?
>>
>>54850341
I suppose it's meant to be one of those stupid things you aren't supposed to do but can seem like a good idea in some circumstances. Using a haunted grimoire, that is.
>>
>>54850397
"blah blah do whatever you want its your world of darkness blah blah"

I'd guess a spirit you routinely fed essence might let you get away with not trying to escape.
>>
>>54850397
>unemployment, sudden relocation, house flooding, illness, and gods laughing at me
These were the issues that made Dave MIA? Sounds rough.
>>
>>54850405
Well now that I think about it,

For a good mage, the spell is terrible, but for a weaker mage, one who wants some free Potency its not that bad.

Normally you get your Arcamum -1 for free for the spells you cast, right? Well for your primary thats going to be 1-2 for most starting mages. With this book, you get the spirits rank.

what if you want to, lets say Cast Prime 2 Ward using this book?
If you get prime 2 and don't use the special book you get 1 free Potency. So shitty short ward.
If you use the book and its got a rank 4 spirit in it, you get 4 potency for free, on TOP of the normal bonuses. All you gotta do is beat it in a clash of wills. You could do some real magic now that I think about it.
>>
>>54850341
>Why would I ever cast this?

As a trap, to get some stupid motherfucker you don't like possessed by a spirit/ghost who proceeds to ruin the fucker's everything.
>>
File: Gayracula.jpg (121KB, 848x794px) Image search: [Google]
Gayracula.jpg
121KB, 848x794px
>Legacy pedagogue

"Hello, fellow Nameless! I, who am totally not a scelestus, have for you here this *fascinating* daimonomikon! Free of charge! Enjoy! Complete legacy! Get your complete legacies here!"

And then laugh all the way to the arcane experience bank, move to the next town, repeat, hide your resonance and hope nobody things to just use the book to annihilate you.
>>
True Fae have a skewered set of emotions, love and hate being the same thing to them, for instance.

So what would happen if a Mind Mage showed them what it feels like to *think* and *feel* as a human? Would they feel regret over being Keepers?
>>
>>54850621
Nothing. They'd need a new morality trait.
>>
>>54850621
I think first we would need to determine if True Fae have minds to be manipulated.

I would argue they don't. They are less beings, more entities. They exist as a merging of concepts and titles, that act according to what they should be.

They don't think, they do.
>>
>>54850701
No, they have minds. Even spirits have minds.
>>
>>54850751
Spirits have more a claim to having minds, so that isn't really surprising.
>>
>>54850751
>>54850783
But that said, since the Mind arcana can probably get it done anyway if the ST says so, I would think that introduced thoughts would be quickly rejected.

It could just lead to them pushing out the invasive 'inceptioned' thoughts. In the weird case, they might take it into their being, and Caring might become part of one of their titles. In which case, prepare for something weird to happen. They would probably feel more regret than any human being could, becoming SO regretful, being the most regrettingest.

If they actually became nice, and thoughtful, they would be quickly banished by their fellow True Fae (that's just not schway).

But just as likely, they twist their caring and feeling into something dark and terrible. I mean, if they need to care and feel for their captors, they should take better care of them right. But what if they let them out into that dark and scary Hedge? They might get hurt. We can't have that. Plus the real world is so terrifying and dangerous, we can't have them be there either.

The only logical thing to do, is to hold them closer. Treat them 'better', but that just means don't harm them. Keep them so close, and never let a single one escape.
>>
>>54850701
I think anything that is self aware would be eligible for having a conscious mind.

If the True Fae aren't aware, then that just makes them a tad bit creepier.

>>54850920
I picture the Cat in the Hat when I think of True Fae making attempts at not!benevolence.

They quickly overstay their welcome.
>>
If the True Fae don't have minds, a Master of Mind could always make one for them. Though I wonder how well they would process the experience.
>>
>>54850997
Well they're not self-aware in the sense that a violent psychotic isn't fully self-aware (except Fae aren't psychotic, they're Psychosis)
But they definitely have a sense of self
>>
>>54851211
It's the ONLY thing they have, or can even grasp.
>>
>>54847993
This guy has it right. Nobody has to like anything. I'd much rather enjoy a neolithic Hunter game where you protect your tribe from monsters with hard-assed caveman badassery.

Having your ooga-booga shaman BTFO-ing everything is lame.
>>
What Clan would the vampires from The Lost Boys belong to?
>>
Any of yall got PDF's of Exalted 3E sourcebooks? Specifically Dragon-Blooded and Exigent splatbooks.
>>
>>54851575
Sundered World would have been 100 times better as a Hunter/Changeling setting
The fact they picked the two worst splats of the line for it is beyond me
That being said each era is possible to adapt, but official neolithic merits and traditions for hunters would have been a lot easier than building everything from scratch
>>
Hi I have not been keeping up but what is sundered world?
>>
>>54851994
A) nigga you in the wrong thread

B) nigga none of those books are out yet, and prolly won't ever be because Exalted is dead
>>
>>54852014
Oh I'd run neolithic Hunter/Changeling in a heartbeat. Fortunately Hunter is very modular, though Changeling is to my limited knowledge, harder to work into odd settings. My heart goes out anon. One day the fun splats will get a setting all to themselves.
>>
>>54852095
Oh well :/
Do you know of any game that captures the same "feel" of being OP badasses?
>>
>>54852053
Scroll up man. It was explained twice this thread.
>>
> Nephandi are described as guys who want annihilation of All
> Their founder and supreme master wants to be higher than all creation and rule over the world as god-king.

Um, so can I assume that the Unnamed was a lier?
>>
>>54852638
No, he ruled over the cooling corpse of Creation in that one scenario.
>>
Mornin'

The /x/fag is currently usurping another thread if anyone wants a good laugh.

>>54845484
>>
>>54849608

We’ll get right on that Zak
>>
>>54849608
>>54849658

>People are so desperate to hold on to their favorite thread bugbears that they keep up with them on social media and bring up stuff that doesn't even matter to the thread

Something hilarious better come out of the Storyteller's Vault soon, because this is just sad.

>>54852139

If you don't mind a ruleset originated in early Dungeons and Dragons, Godbound is pretty great.
>>
Any of you played/DMed Demon ? I'm getting towards the end of the book and it looks pretty interesting in terms of themes.

Also crossing Matrix with Good Omens is still one of the best ideas I've come across.
>>
Best Legacy for mages interested in archeology would be what?
>>
>>54851828
Brujah.
>>
>>54853972

It's pretty darn good but I would highly suggest reading one of the spy books suggested in the intro. You really do want to lean into spy fiction to give the game its maximum effect.
>>
>>54854080
Yeah I got that impression I'll give it a go sometimes.

What sort of people would be good contacts for a newly fallen demon in New York ?
>>
>>54854080
imo the show The Americans is amazing to grasp Cover and how to roleplay it
>>
File: Embrace.png (45KB, 575x76px) Image search: [Google]
Embrace.png
45KB, 575x76px
What was the reaction your character (or characters in your game) to vampires in general, and being embraced as one in particular?
Pic related
>>
So the Storyteller Vault is coming out for all of the other shit.

What are you faggots planning to make?
>>
>>54854651
Nothing.
>>
>>54854651
I don't know, depends if they ever get a fucking download server that isn't two potatoes strapped together with fishing line.

Does anyone have a mirror for the SV stuff yet? Me and my mates have been trying to download it all day.
>>
>>54855192
I'm downloading it right now.

Should be done in an hour.
>>
Name: Kashekim Nedakh
Shadow Name: NA
Path: NA

Bio: A young Atlantean mage who was a master of the arts. He made enemies with incredibly powerful archmasters when he uncovered thier plot to become Exarchs. After a titanic duel the Exarchs to be was barely able to trap Kashekim in an incredibly powerful temporal prison that froze him outside of time. After millennia Kashekim was able to undo the enchantment. Now in modern times Kashekim is trying to adapt to the modern world and unite the planet's mages in order to undo the evil that is the Exarchs.

"Magic is the right of all sentient beings. The Exarchs will not have their way".
>>
>>54855404
Good luck, it's cut out 15-20 minutes in every time for us, and one of us is on NBN (Australians)
>>
File: IMG_3206.jpg (628KB, 1024x792px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3206.jpg
628KB, 1024x792px
As a first time story teller with one player (who wants to play a tremere) running VtM 20 could anyone give me just some good ideas as problems/challenges my character could go through?

I've got things in mind but I would love to hear some stories that other folks have run in their games.
>>
File: Masquerade Violation.jpg (126KB, 900x1215px) Image search: [Google]
Masquerade Violation.jpg
126KB, 900x1215px
I want to play this guy in my next V:tM game
>>
>>54855605
Sure man. Here's some goodies
Sabbat showed up and are causing issues in the local [important industry].
Some teenagers summoned Bloody Mary by accident, now she's killing them off one by one. One of them is the relative of the party/prince/sheriff/primogen.
A Sabbat Tremere was spotted, Regent wants him dead.
A local museum has an exhibit on ancient ghost stories and one of curators was found dead. Who did it?
A local True Faith user has shown up and is removing blood bindings from ghouls and convincing them to aid him against their former masters. Can the party find a way to get rid of him?
Someone killed a Vampire and Auspex doesn't show what did it. The Prince wants to know who did it and why.
A teenager found a mysterious book in their attic that summons up a demon for a service. Every time the demon is summoned, the price goes up. Last night his mother was found ritually sacrificed. Can the party stop him in time before the Demon can enter our world permanently?
An alleyway has a history of unsolved murders happening in it. One of the local vampire's relatives has survived the attack, but the murderer always gets his mark. Can the party stop a murderer that can walk and track through shadows?

I can make some more for you if you need them.
>>
>>54847483
So there weren't divergent Azothic Memories at this time?

All Created were mixed of Water and Earth, sealed with Air and Fire, and given "life" by Spirit.
>>
>>54851575
>I'd much rather enjoy a neolithic Hunter game where you protect your tribe from monsters with hard-assed caveman badassery.
What would the Caveman versions of Cells, Compacts and Conspiracies be?
>>
>>54847993
>>54851575
You don't have to like anything. There's just a mature way to go about it, and an immature way. Care to guess which one you're both being right now?
>>
>>54856743
And what's the mature way ? Not voicing their opinion ?
>>
>>54856942
>into the trash it goes
>ooga booga shaman lame
I take it back. That's as mature as it gets right there.
>>
>>54857012
Cause people who like Mage are so mature about other splats they don't like.
>>
>>54857041
If you justify your own behavior by saying "They do it too!" then you're just as bad as the people you're pointing your finger at.
>>
>>54857094
What I'm saying is, they're voicing their opinions just like everyone else around here.
And you.
>>
>>54857094
Butt Hurt changeling fag detected
>>
File: IMG_3165.jpg (96KB, 633x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3165.jpg
96KB, 633x738px
>>54855813
thanks! And yeah sure I'd love to hear more if you dont mind. New to the whole story teller/dungeon master game aspect so I really appreciate the response
>>
File: 1497054202864.jpg (99KB, 720x593px) Image search: [Google]
1497054202864.jpg
99KB, 720x593px
>stopped a warped and twisted creature from awakening and bursting from a vampire host's body after a ritual the circle of crones did
>did this by casting St. Collen's clarity on myself, negating the creatures nightmarish aura from effecting me, then running forward while it had another ally grappled and risking willpower
>ten. Fucking. Success.
>deal 14 lethal with my greatsword and make the vampire collapse with a shriek, dead as it was split in two, the weird flesh covered spawn of hell growing within twitches and dies before it can come to full power

They may be lower tier then the other splats but damn when you do good as Hunters it's the best.
>>
File: Well done.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Well done.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>54857990
You're doing Gods work, Anon. Literally by the sounds of it.
>>
File: Oh_hai_sexy.jpg (985KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Oh_hai_sexy.jpg
985KB, 1920x1080px
>>54857990
Humanity FUCK YEAH. The buzzing of insects, until that one out of a million Double CRITS
>>
>>54857990
Reminds me of my first ever mortals game. We were fighting the possessed tree out of the Ghost Stories book, and it summoned dogs. One of our non-combat characters, a goth drug dealer girl, had a switchblade. She rolled 5 successes, four of them tens. Rolled 3 more tens. Rolled 3 more tens. Rolled 2 tens. Rolled one success. ST and us were flabbergasted. He ruled the dog was 'unzipped like a purse' and one of our jock/combat characters gave up his action in horror and surprise at what she did to the dog.
>>
How does a Hunter game usually go?
>>
File: 1502320582741.jpg (72KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
1502320582741.jpg
72KB, 600x719px
>leeches can't even beat fucking fairies in a whiteroom battle
Oh I am laughing
>>
>>54858825
>No context
>Gay pic
False Flag The Post
>>
>>54858844
>And elf and a dwarf are gay just because they aren't killing each other in a picture
>>
File: Liar.gif (776KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Liar.gif
776KB, 500x281px
>>54858910
>Legolas and Gimli couple aren't fucking
>>
>>54858825
Whoever drew this deserves a fate worse than death
>>
Are there situations where vampires who drink blood belonging to another vampire avoid the blood bonding effect?

Or certain immunities/rituals where they can protect themselves from its properties?
>>
>>54859712
The Ordo Drcul book talks about 'Hungarian marriages' where two Dragons will do this to prevent outside blood bonds, but the false love usually turns into the worst marriage in history.

In OWoD there was a Merit for Unbondable, but there's no such thing in NWoD.
>>
>>54848397
Played a crossover game that was heavily inspired by JoJo in which the game spanned generations and were connected.

>First Generation
It started with our characters being from 1880's Britain tracking down Jack The Ripper as normal mortals (not hunters). Our story began as each of us have a reason to work with the authorities (family member was a victim, for the glory, to uncover the truth, etc). One of the things that connects us is that we meet an elderly woman who gives us a fortune reading and assigns us a Major Tarot Arcana. (It was a 5 man band and we had Tower, Justice, Sun, Lovers, and Devil). The elderly woman also cautions us that each of our final destination cards comes up as Death and we should be ever vigilant in our quest if we want to survive. We all think it's nonsense and when we try to visit her again she's nowhere to be found.

As we work together to uncover the mystery, we begin to realize that our perp might not be the actual ripper but a copycat instead. As the murders become more and more ritualistic we find out about how a person can gain immeasurable power if they kill people based on the Tarot Arcana (78 kills in all). We soon find out that each person killed must have some form of quirk, skill, or supernatural gift pertaining to the Arcana. As we move closer to the killer we encounter a woman named Ava Garland that joins the party as a gifted medium.

We work with her for a while until it turns out Ava was the killer all along and we fight her. She was a mage and we were heavily outmatched in magic and it turned into a complete TPK. We find out that we were 5 victims she needed and her kill count is now 13 as she has the five of us as major arcana and a few minor arcana (swords and cups) victims under her belt.
>>
>>54859712
At least one Cruac ritual allows to suppress blood bond
Can't remember if it targets the drinker, the one drunk from or a certain amount of blood, but it exists
>>
>>54859848
>>54859805
Hm!

Playing a one on one game with a person whose been really good about making their character and on board with all ideas, their only request is blood bound immunity in some shape way or form. They're willing that their be some cost or negative affect for this immunity.

I'm inclined to allow it but am having trouble coming up with a way. Any ideas??
>>
>>54859993
Well, in OWoD the Merit was a 6 point Merit, and it was hard to get more than a starting 7 points worth.

I would say in NWoD, maybe give them a Merit at 4 that makes them Immune to the Blood Bond, but also prevents their blood from creating bonds. So they can sire, make ghouls, etc. but the bloody loyalty of the blood bond escapes them somehow?
>>
Has anyone seen if anything particular has been said about the modified Tremere template and ascension for them?
>>
TYON features a few ancient ghouls with blood potency. Are there any rules? Either in developer diaries or 1e books?
>>
>>54859993
I'd say have him contact a blood sorcerer that will perform the appropriate rituals to make him immune ... for a price
This means less mechanical clutter, and new avenues for scenarios, when the sorcerer comes asking for payback in favors or gets himself in trouble
>>
>>54860158
Not that I've seen. Ghouls in the old Ancient Mysteries book, which was the Elder book for 1e, didn't really have anything like that either.
>>
>>54860161
Like a tremere? Do they have a ritual for that? I'd imagine something like might exist what with all of them being bound to their council. I dont mind coming up with homebrew stuff if thats not the case.

Thanks for the input btw.
>>
>>54860268
There are some bloodlines that don't form bonds with their blood - obviously they're pretty rare. The Invictus have their Sorcerous Eunuch merit. You could combine the two - weird magical fuckery caused him to be immune to the blood bond, and in exchange he cops.. something. If it's Vampire, well, that's easy - he doesn't form blood bonds. Keep it secret. Otherwise? Maybe cut out a similar power from his template.
>>
>>54859993
Avoid players like that. They're minmaxers that avoid drama.
>>
>>54860268
oWoD or nWoD ?
>>
>>54860446
They might just have some personal drama that makes them want to avoid roleplaying being addicted and submissive to someone else.
>>
>>54860545
Only players I've had that avoid mind control like that are previous rape victims and are seriously fucking awful to play with. The moment they lose control of their character, they freak the fuck out.

I'm not kidding. They fucking found out they have telepathic super powers and another telepath was offering to teach them, instead they closed the door and hid in their house. That was it. Refused to leave their house, so I handed them another sheet and said to make a character that wants to actually be part of the game or to get out.
>>
>>54860446
>>54860545
I think the idea just makes them uncomfortable, and this person is definitely in it for the story not the min-maxing.

The background is that our D&D group is split up for normal reasons (two of our group moved away) and the player left
Really enjoyed the role playing so I brought up Vampire. They want to play a tremere but they just brought up their discomfort with the blood binding.

I'm just trying to make sure we have a good time
>>
>>54860590
"So and so seems okay to me, he's asked for X and said he'll do what it takes to get it. Anyone have an ideas?"

"Kick him the fuck out immediately!"
>>
>>54860640
>Tremere
>Doesn't like blood binding

So he's against the entire gimmick of the fucking clan. Need I remind you that Auspex 2 will get him killed very quickly.

Don't play with unbondable people for your first game. Just don't. It never goes well
>>
>>54860640
Tremere can't be unbondable according to V20 and previous editions, and are actually bound to the clan as a whole, but they it has little mechanical effects and no lore ones except making them more loyal. You can just tell them their character won't be blood bound in-game.
>>
>>54859712
I would homebrew it as Cil of the Dragn, that seems the most appropriate.

>>54860318
>The Invictus have their Sorcerous Eunuch merit.
I think it's Lancea.
>>
>>54854055

Absolutely - they are pretty much the iconic Brujah.
>>
Is this overdone as a character concept?

Obrimos w/ matter at char-gen eventually branching out to time and space.
member of the free council w/ techne:mathematics

Overstressed theoretical physics graduate student sees through the lie in a moment of clarity when trying to parse impossible 'quantum gravity' equations. He uses mathematics in his ritual casting solving 'impossible' equations in order to form his Imago.

His end goal is to create a grand unified theory for 'techno-arcana' unifying magic with fallen science causing mass awakenings.
>>
>>54861393
It's a bit meh, but not overdone.
I'd want to be there when he realises that his dream will never eventuate however.
Magic casually breaks the conservation of energy from Compelling.
>>
>>54861439
That's the appeal of ascending isn't it? Trying to make the impossible reality.
>>
Quick Requiem question: can one of the starting discipline dots be used to grab clan exclusive disciplines, like having a Ventrue with Dominate 2 and Majesty 1 or a Mekhet with Auspex 1, Obfuscate 1 and Dominate 1?
>>
>>54861909
Yes. I don't know how you could possibly read the rules otherwise.
>>
Is Mind the only Arcanum that can defend against Dominate and Majesty? Or could I use Mind to ramp up my neurons or Prime to negate its magic?
>>
>>54861393
Make him choose Silver Ladder over Free Council if his goal is to cause mass Awakenings. That way you're avoiding playing a cliched Libertine.
>>
>>54861954

Prime can be used to defend against non-supernal abilities and "Truth" can be creatively applied to protect against emotional or mental compulstion.

Higher level of Fate could similar protect against destiny altering effects.

Even Arcana like Life could be used for hormonal and chemical behavior alteration that should at least require a Clash of Wills against Dominate, Majesty and Nightmare effects.

Lastly, the best defense is a good offense. It's not too easy to use disciplines if the vamp is on fire.
>>
>>54861946
That's how I read them too, I'm just checking. Would they require to drink someone else's vitae to advance the clan exclusive disciplines, or can they do it normally while paying out of clan costs?
>>
>>54862049
Cool. Thanks.
>>
>>54861954
Just take care of your stuff during the day like a normal person.
>>
are the Mega links dead ?
>>
>>54862414
ur ded
>>
>>54862493
be nice
>>
File: Mustang.gif (774KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mustang.gif
774KB, 500x300px
>>54862146
Or alternatively...
>>
>>54862414
Nope, there good, on my end anyway.
>>
>>54862566
>there good
Where good?
>>
Music.

What do you play during sessions? If any.
>>
>>54862795
Depends on the game and what's happening. I'll have club tunes going for a bar scene, something heavy and industrial for creepy moments, perhaps bollywood hits if they're in a taxi, etc.
>>
>>54847695
No, this is pretty close to what happens when an "actual girl" enters a comic shop or gaming store. Nerds fall around her like Christ entering Jerusalem - neckbeards fall down and praise her in the hopes of finally losing their grubby, sweat-stained V-cards.

I guess the truth hurts, hey pal?
>>
>>54849608
Your penis is puny, Zak, and Mandy Morbid faked every orgasm. Every. Single. One.
>>
>>54863142
Who is faking orgasms for you?
>>
>>54863074
Why are you trying to provoke a three word post from two hours ago? You don't even know what he's saying is cringe about the picture. And the girl in the picture isn't being praised by neckbeards. The only guy smiling at her looks perfectly normal.

Why you gotta try and start shit, anon?
>>
>>54862795
Atrium Carceri ambient pieces
>>
I wish girls cared enough to fake orgasms for me.
>>
>>54863159
Your mum, she can't feel anything from the navel down after you shredded her cunt on the way out. Still, nobody can fist a man like your mum.... except maybe your dad.

Don't worry, they always kissed you goodnight after they'd sucked my dick.
>>
>>54863168
>You don't even know what he's saying is cringe about the picture.

It's broadly implied that he's scoffing at the notion neckbeards act this way around the "token hot nerd girl", when that is at best profoundly naive and at worst utterly delusional.

So sorry to burst your little bubble, too, you pretentious faggot.
>>
My girlfriend pays me to care during sex
>>
>>54863205
>broadly implied
>three words
>only one guy even smiling at her
Is this that phenomenon know as "projecting"?
>>
>>54858599
Depends on if you're going for independent cells or a wider compact or conspiracy.

For cells, what I'd generally suggest most people play, it usually is about a rag-tag group of people protecting people from a vast cornucopia of monsters. The combat will be down and dirty, if you don't fight smart and underhanded people will die. All pretty fun. What you'll find is if the campaign is long-running, your characters can and will become quite impressive, albeit still limited by mortal constraints. Hunters have practical exp, which is shared between the cell, and accumulates quickly. The cell can buy tactics with it, or choose to divide it up among Hunters, who can buy skills or merits with it. So what you'll find is hunters have a decently fast growth rate. You'll still be outclassed generally, but your characters should be able to punch a lot out of their weight class if you get good.

TL:DR Small team fights against creatures of the night. Dirty, deadly, and a good ST will force you to think. It's my favorite line and I'd definitely recommend.
>>
>>54864494
That's because it is the most enjoyable line by far. Good taste.

Can't wait for 2e. Though mortal remains was a good stop gap.
>>
>>54864579
Same, I love Hunter, it's modular, you feel challenged, and there's just something implacably fun about mankind finding back in a setting like WoD/CofD
>>
>>54864739
Yeah, as a forever ST, only time I got to play in a Hunter game I:

Got beat up by a possessed high school girl.
Banished a super ghost with a super exorcism.
Fought against a whole town of some sort of revenants.
Shot a terrible demon thing that was destined to destroy our whole town.

All while working out of a small basement cell, ran by an old librarian.
>>
>>54866086
Those possessed people can be real ass-whoopers, especially since you gotta hold back fighting them.

Glad you got to save the town, anon. It's nice to feel like heroes every once and a while. Sorry you're stuck as forever ST, I've been a long time player in two Hunter games, in my 5 years of RPG experience.

This thread is kinda dead, but next one that picks up, wanna storytime some Hunter stories?
>>
>>54866478
I only have a couple, since my longest game is Werewolf. But I can try.
>>
>>54866730
No problem, I got enough stories for a couple of threads.

And hey, post the werewolf storytimes too. This general needs more storytimes and less bullshit argument.
>>
>>54862049
Is there a page reference for that, on prime? Closest I've seen would be a greater utility attainment for legacies.
>>
>>54867343
Which part?
>>
>>54867437
On prime defending against non-supernal magic.
>>
>>54867454
Not him, but on p.194
"Prime Armor does not protect the mage from mundane
attacks. Instead, it protects the mage from incoming magical
attacks, including the damaging spells of other Awakened, but
also any supernatural effect that deals direct damage. "

Not exactly what he was talking about, but it's the closest I know of.
>>
>>54867524
Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten. I just meant more of a general 'shield' against non-damaging things, which are sort of the majority. You know, dominate, majesty, etc, as someone was talking about near the op.
>>
>>54861393
Bretty cliche but not an inherently bad concept. I'd try and find something that breaks the mold a little bit. Maybe avoid the Free Council and go for something like the Adamantine Arrow (check out the Awakening Gambit legacy if you're interested in the awakening of others).
>>
>>54867535
You could probably creative thaum it if you pitch it to your ST and he agrees with your logic, but I don't think there's anything in the book about it being used as a catch all magic shield.
>>
Anyone know what the "Order of Hermes" is in Latin? Because these guys love latin but yet strangely their faction name is in English, even in Ars Magica.
>>
>>54867964
The name makes sense. It's based on Hermes Trismegistus. Latin is also a special language.
>>
>>54867524
>>54867588
I find that interesting, since Prime should be the study of the supernal magic.

But you know what, even if it didn't, mages get a lot of leeway and one of their other arcana would probably be able to block whatever the magic was anyway.

Prime is THE counter-magic arcana. May as well let it block non-supernal magic attacks, as long as they are just that, magic attacks.

I probably wouldn't let it guard against magically enhanced stuff (like a bullet enhanced with woof magic. Or a super punch from a Promethean). But that's it with Mage, it is about making something up, and the ST has to figure out where to draw the lines.
>>
Does anybody else think Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty is a good example of what the personality of a master mage would devolve into?

Powerful, insufferable, bitter, and nihilistic.
>>
>>54868089
I think most powers have clash of wills sort of things built in to them. Dominate/majesty, etc. Maybe at most some sort of all purpose weirdness, like static, that gives you a secondary chance to intercept something unpleasant going your way in exchange for something else odd, like a penalty on any mage sight checks, to represent the fact you're basically blasting snow into the aetheric airwaves to pick up whatever unpleasantness is coming your way.
>>
>>54868089
Each of the Arcana represents something mundane. Mundane magic would therefore be under the purview of Prime, as would the Supernal.

Some specific Arcana would correspond to specific sorceries as well, such as Fate and Changeling Contracts.
>>
>>54868136
>Each of the Arcana represents something mundane. Mundane magic would therefore be under the purview of Prime, as would be the Supernal.
>
>Some specific Arcana would correspond to specific sorceries as well, such as Fat and Changeling Contracts.

'Mundane' magic doesn't really use mana, though. It operates on willpower alone.
>>
>>54868089
>I probably wouldn't let it guard against magically enhanced stuff

It would guard against the magical aspects of said stuff. A bullet set to magically explode wouldn't explode, but the bullet would still hit you.
>>
>>54859712
oWoD had an Unbondable merit, and there was also the Sabbat's Vinicculum, where they'd mix the blood of a bunch of Vampires together in a cup and all drink - the combined, conflicting bonds would basically create a lesser bond that was more Family/Loyalty/Best Mates than Obsessive Girlfriend,
>>
>>54868162
Sorry, I just *had* to fix 'Fat' to 'Fate'

OCD

>'Mundane' magic doesn't really use mana, though. It operates on willpower alone.

Magic is magic. Prime is all about that.
>>
>>54868137
Yes, Rick Sanchez would be some sort of weird Virtual Adept. Maybe factionless.
>>
>>54868176
Capital M magic. Maybe a few steps down the ladder, but it'd be closer to Mind/Forces for someone using psychokinesis. A mage is basically a priest, asking things two steps up ('asking') for help to do X. Mortal magic is kicking the universe in the balls until it does what you want.
>>
>>54868136
>Fate and Changeling Contracts

You know that's a can of worms I'm scared to open in the game I'm running. I know you can't grant splat advantages with magic. But logically you should be able to enhance them or hinder them if they're already there.

I have no intention of having a crossover/superfriends arc in my campaign but the idea of Fate/Spirit/Death just flat out nullifying contracts, gifts, or disciplines feels dirty.
>>
>>54868146
I disagree. Spirit isn't related to the mundane at all.

The arcana are organized into 5 for stuff that is more 'material' like matter, time, forces, and 5 that are immaterial, like mind and such. I wouldn't try to break them down into saying they all relate to something mundane.

Plus 'mundane magic' is quite a stretch no matter how we slice it.

It is just better to say Prime is the study of magic in general, supernal and non-supernal, and be done with it.
>>
>>54868198
Think of it this way - contracts that Changelings make are going to be hard to affect. Without getting into the normal dickwaving contests of True Fae/whatever, they're contracts made by the True Fae with the world itself. Nobody is going to have the grunt to alter that short of Archmastery, and even that's going to have a veritable army of people lined up and yelling "fuck off" and the top of their lungs. Other bits and pieces are similar. Sure, you could use ephemeral shield to defend against gifts, but flat out nullifying them? Nah. Not without completely overpowering them, which suggests it's something that'd happen even without ephemeral shield.
>>
>>54868198
>I have no intention of having a crossover/superfriends arc in my campaign but the idea of Fate/Spirit/Death just flat out nullifying contracts, gifts, or disciplines feels dirty.
This is easy

Don't bring a Mage with Life to a Werewolf game
Don't bring a Mage with Fate to a Changeling game
Don't bring a Mage with Death to a Geist Game

Always have the Mage player finish his/her character last, so he knows what -not- to pick, lest he overwhelm the story and everyone else.

The fun of Mages n' crossover, for me, is to -not- take the obvious Arcana. I want to challenge my Mage, take him out of his comfort zone.

How will he react to the shenanigans of Werewolves when he doesn't have the necessary dots of Spirt?

It's also good roleplaying material.
>"Shit, I wish my friend was here. She knows all about them spirits."
>>
>>54868244
>Don't bring a Mage with Life to a Werewolf game

My bad, switch Life with Spirit for that one.
>>
>>54868244
Now all I can think about is a mage screaming "shit shit shit" while running from a pile of angry spirits. The local werewolf pack is sitting there looking on trying to figure out why they wanted him around again.
>>
>>54868225
I believe you can troll Changelings and their Contracts with Fate 4, just not alter the fundamentals until Archmastery.

Not sure if Dave hates Changeling or not, but he was pretty conclusive on this.
>>
>>54868089
>I probably wouldn't let it guard against magically enhanced stuff
It doesn't. It only defends against "wholly supernatural attacks".
>>
Do you guys think a game/character can go around with this basic idea?

> Married person gets trapped in Fey realm
> True Fey offers a contract - the only way s/he can go back to the real world is a marriage contract with the Fey.
> Person reluctantly agrees after things happen
> s/he gets out, but with the Fey (Till the death do us apart... quite physicaly too)
> Fey seems defenseless and lost all its power (but can't be sure)
>>
>>54868253
>Now all I can think about is a mage screaming "shit shit shit" while running from an Idigam.
>The local werewolf pack is sitting there looking on trying to figure out why they wanted him around again.
>"Didn't we tell him that this thing required burning yourself to death so you could damage it?"
>"Yeah, but he though his 'Super Regen' would allow him to be in pain without actually dying from the incineration."
>>
Question for Mage lore enthusiasts

Are all 6+ entities uptight about the Pax? I can see Luna being possessive of her woofs, but I can't actually picture the infinite scores of lofty True Fae making a fret over an Archmage going haxor on a single Changeling template.

Is this to be taken with a grain of salt? I can't picture the gods being narcs over every little detail.

Like, say, would Archmages be upset if Luna or the True Fae messed with other Mages? There are lore examples of Mages running into True Fae (I think?), yet you don't see Archmages screeching in autistic fury.
>>
>>54868331
A Fae getting banished sometime lose all of their titles and become these mostly powerless things. They are still cray and shouldn't be trusted, but they make for interesting 'in exile' characters. It could work.

Mind you, their main thing will probably quickly devolve into gaining back their titles/power/contracts. They are natural deal makers after all.
>>
>>54868331
Sure. The Fey can't really stay in the mortal realm for long with any power - check out Equinox Road. I forget the nuts and bolts, but the more 'power' they bring with them the greater the risk for them. It's possible for them to be trapped forever as a form of horrible half-changeling revenant.
>>
>>54868360
Since I haven't read any of the extra mage splats, I know nothing about how archmages act or what they care about.

I find it weird they are talked about so much here when clearly, by the setting, they don't interfere a lot. If they did, you would hear about them a lot more.
>>
>>54868360
The Pax makes sense to me. No wonder our world hasn't blown up. Yet.

Sometimes it seems silly how anal godlike beings are though.
>>
>>54868373
>I find it weird they are talked about so much here when clearly, by the setting, they don't interfere a lot. If they did, you would hear about them a lot more.

That's because you never know it's happening. Christianity was the fault of a dick Seeker, after all.
>>
>>54868360
We don't know. In theory, yes. The developers are understandably reticent about saying "Hey, this entity is in the Shadow, but also supernal". The closest we've gotten is that most templates have sponsors in the Ascension War, which could mean anything from best girl Gate-chan drop kicking you if you try to use excision on a Werewolf's essence abilities to Luna herself popping into the Supernal to out and out fucking murder you for it.

But you can safely assume that anything Supernal is probably anal about it, even if the Tetrarchs tend to flaunt it a bit.
>>
>>54868373
>I find it weird they are talked about so much here
People like power wank, and the trolls know it's easy bait.
>>
>>54868386
If he was seeking dick, that explains a lot of aspects of christianity.
>>
>>54868360
I imagine that, as is the case for most people about most things, they only care about the Pax insofar as it affects themselves. So while they might not care much about a conflict between two members of the Pax per se, they would definitely care once the reality tier powers start flying. Exceptions being made for entities of order and honor and such.
>>
>>54868397
Doesn't explain why there are so many Incarnate Spirits of Jesus though...or why one of them speaks Greek with a Russian accent.
>>
>>54868389
>Luna herself popping into the Supernal

She wouldn't be able to do that. Not unless she's also a Supernal native.
>>
>>54868405
Same reason there are so many of Elvis.
>>
>>54868389
Well, Sundered World also gave us that most of the big bad godlike spirits we know of, like Wolf, are Pangean. They use supernal magic as well as numina. They aren't spirits, but just have a massive spiritual component. It mentions like 'anything that targets only spirits, wouldn't work on them.'

So I imagine that with that, many of the spirit 'gods' that are worth talking about, may be surviving Pangeans.

Though I think Luna and the rest of the Celestials are not, and are just too big to care.

Helios doesn't care about mages. He is still mad that his boyfriend Wolf-chan died 7000 years ago!
>>
>>54868408
Wait no, there would only be that Many Jesus Incarnae because of all the Denominations of Christianity.

Don't tell me that Elvis has a Denominated Religious Following.
>>
>>54868376
>The Pax makes sense to me. No wonder our world hasn't blown up. Yet

The world has blown up or worse, many, many times. It's just that powers beyond the comprehension of your pc's have either fixed it, made everyone forget or just altered time and reality so that it never happened. The Pax doesn't always stop armageddon, but it usually reverses it in some manner.

Also, archmages aren't the only entities to fix world-ending crises. Check out the Splintered City Seattle for Demon. The God Machine has a whole collection of dismal alternate timelines (and a too curious mage might release them).
>>
>>54868407
>The developers are understandably reticent about saying "Hey, this entity is in the Shadow, but also supernal".
>>
>>54868360
The True Fae, being held up within the confined of the Wyrd, probably won't give a damn over a Changeling being probed by a perverted Archmaster.

Why would they even care?
>>
>>54868419
>The developers are understandably reticent about saying "Hey, this entity is in the Shadow, but also supernal".

Not really. Read about the Pangeans in Sundered World.
>>
>>54868416
I know there's been at least two 'Churches of Elvis', neither very large. And one coin operated art gallery calling itself a church of elvis.
>>
>>54868429
Probably wouldn't unless it is one of the Changelings they claim.

And every changeling is someone's changeling.

Of course, that would require the True Fae to actually care about that changeling at that time. Which could be the case, or just as likely they haven't even noticed the changeling has gone missing... 10 years later.
>>
>>54868419
The only non-Mage beings confirmed to have links to the Supernal are the Pangeans.
>>
>>54868410
>Helios doesn't care about mages. He is still mad that his boyfriend Wolf-chan died 7000 years ago!
I like to think that Cockroach tried to console Helios when this happened.

Whether this worked or not would be debatable, but I still think Cockroach was a bro.
>>
>>54868429
I think the bigger question would be

>"who cares about the True Fae?"
>*Luna and Archmages proceed to laugh*
>>
>>54868455
If Changelings are meant to be bullied by other supernaturals

Then the True Fae are meant to be bullied by their 6+ peers
>>
>>54868447
Doesn't he have his own shapeshifters? And not the changing breeds kind?
>>
>>54868464
Cockroach?

Man, I would imagine it would have to. How else do you behave as the god of a creature as persistent and slippery as roaches?
>>
>>54868464
Yes, but the Glass Walkers were OWOD only and the Nidmuzug are depressed.

Clearly Bro-Tier Roach Hosts are the way to go.
>>
Idigam vs Archangel vs True Fae

What is the outcome?
>>
>>54868481
>>54868482
I meant Helios. Werebears. Or werebulls. Wereboar? I know that oWoD Helios had angry, angry lizardmen.
>>54868498
Define archangel. Do you mean Messengers?
>>
>>54868542
Yeah in nwod, I think the one extra wolf book mentions them but doesnt bring back the sun phases. So I don't know if he gets back his lizardmen.
>>
>>54868542
>Define archangel

Dunno, the strongest angel I suppose.
>>
>>54868598
BAHAHAHAHA the strongest angels are stronger than the strongest archmages
>>
>>54868598
Well, True Fae abilities don't map well. I'd guess a True Fae with 5 titles is going to walk all over most angels, because at their 6th they take a sharp left out of the universe. Sorry. Not something that really works.
>>
>>54868609
Why do I severely doubt this
>>
How do you guys manage age issue when you try to connect oWoD metaplots to your character/chronicle?

Because Week of Nightmare for example is almost 20 years ago and when one of your characters be active during that time s/he would be 40~50 by now
>>
File: tumblr_nvryrpcYFl1tz1galo1_400.gif (155KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvryrpcYFl1tz1galo1_400.gif
155KB, 267x199px
>>54868666
Move it back or forward in time if it's a fresh one - taking place in the 90s - or just update it as best you can so that the apocalypse was delayed 30 years because reasons.
>>
By the way, why was [Ravnos] so unbelivably resilent? IIRC he was just an illusion-specialized 3rd, not Fortitude or shits.
>>
>>54868695
He was one of the founders of Fortitude
>>
>>54868695
Antediluvians are stupidly, ridiculously tough. And there's a chance he was actually a remaining 2nd gen. Plus what >>54868708
said.
>>
>>54868717
And [Tremere] thought "Everyone get out and have a nice sun tan" gonna kill the 3rd for real when it took marathon teamfight against 3 4th-gen equivalent Kuei-Jins, multiple spirit nukes and Solar Ray to kill one?
>>
>>54868738
Let's face it, Tremere and his clan aren't exactly known for making top notch decisions. Strauss from Bloodlines might be the single most sensible known Tremere because his response to a possible antediluvian/creepy mystery box wasn't "HEY LETS EAT IT" or "IMMA GOING TO USE IT FOR POWER" but "Stick it in a room and pretend it doesn't exist as hard as we can."
>>
>>54868717
Not tough enough to tank Forces 5 apparently
>>
>>54868756
And to think THAT [Tremere] ended up scaring the shit out of the Council and giving them a moral speech (sigh)
>>
>>54868684
Clearly the Armstrong Family is a Proximus Dynasty. Explains why they all have super strength.
>>
>>54868756
>"HEY LETS EAT IT"
...really?
>>
>>54868859
Tremere laid hands on Saulot and his immediate response was to diablerise it, so yeah.
>>
Biggest irony about [Tremere] was that his archenemy was [Eldest] not Saulot who he amaranth-ed I think.
>>
>>54868955
Why the hell are you using box brackets?
>>
>>54869435
cos he is a [autist]
>>
>>54869574
>>54869435
I thought you bracket it when you refer to the 3rds w/ their clan name. It would've been [Tzimisce] I guess.

On the other hand I was diagnosed as having mild Asperger's. So.. yeah.
>>
whats a good 3rd ruling arcana for a Mastigos legacy who finds enlightenment from searching for lost things and returning them?
>>
>>54869817
Pick the Moros Path and go with space, following correspondence trails to locate something. Other than that, Matter and tweak it slightly. Say they're tracking an item down, and eventually, even if destroyed, they can just recreate it exactly, down to sympathetic connections.
>>
>>54869817
Don't worry about maximising your character and pick a legacy that suits them. Like the Reality Stalkers
>>
>>54869885
I fucking love the Reality Stalkers, my last two characters have both been Mastigos, and have joined that Legacy.

And it was the first one I updated.
>>
>>54869895
wasnt it also the most broken one that didnt even obey 1e legacy rules?
>>
How different are Mage 2e, Revised and 20th?
>>
>>54870143
Play 2e, ignore the others. Thats how different
>>
>>54870143
Play Awakening 2e

Ignore oWoD
>>
Can anyone give examples of Death spells that deal with entropy, absence endings and enervation rather than the Necro stuff?
>>
>>54870103
No, that would be the Celestial Masters.

But yes, they had a couple of broken attainments, like their incognito one, which rendered people literally incapable of seeing them, by raising the target number of perception tests above 10.
>>
>>54870180
Cold Snap.
Enervation.
Withering.
Empty Presence is the big one.
>>
>>54870203
what practice of Death would I need to sap strength from a target without harming it?
>>
>>54870215
Life.
>>
>>54870215
Probably Fraying to sap the energy from their muscles.
>>
Does "Hunters Hunted" mean (non-Imbued) Hunters being hunted by the supernaturals? Or the (supernatural) Hunters/Predators being hunted by their former prey (mortal hunters)?
>>
So spells like Golem (2e awakening) etc say to give creations points in retainer with certain fields for determining its dicepool. Which is fine and i like how its nice and simple.

But what about things like initiative, health, armor and stuff, does one just have to wing it?
>>
>>54870323
Yes, based on size, and composition.
>>
>>54870292
The latter. They're pretty cool.
>>
>>54870215
Suppress life would do the job.
>>
>>54870708
No, it just veils life signs, it no longer puts people in a death coma. it also wont sap energy from anybody. Being a veiling spell and all.

Do you even mage? Obv not.
>>
What is the lore reason why Mummies are so strong?
>>
>>54871293
Because they're beings empowered by a Rite that burned a part of the universe, trusted with the knowledge of an occult empire of necromancers and bound to sorcerer-priests from outside the CofD Multiverse?
>>
>>54871553
So you either use a indefinite spell that if dispelled will mean recasting.

Or some people might let you get away with adding something like a starfishes regen to you and let you regrow whatever that way.
But no without magic they are just humans.
>>
>>54871331
Is that all?
>>
>>54871792
Yes. If you want anything more than the briefest lore overview, eyeball the books.
>>
File: explain.jpg (552KB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
explain.jpg
552KB, 800x960px
>>54848277
>>EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN!!!

What was different in Mage 1st before it got Bruccatoed? What does Bruccatoed even mean?
>>
>>54871957
So everytime i try to read the books, all the fucking terms just put me off. it reads like gobblygook.
>>
>>54872046
It means no "FATHERS THRUSTING COCK TELLING YOU HOW TO EAT AND SHOP"
>>
>>54872209
Yeah. That's why mummy never gets played. It is worse than mage 2e with the jargon soup. And that is white a feat
>>
>>54872226
I was hoping for an actual explanation. Never played Mage 1st.
>>
>>54872591
Brucatto is a cult figure, in that people fucking worship their hatred of him. He's written some great stuff, if you cut out anything that could conceivably be a story and keep the appendix and contents pages. He's got some weird attitudes towards sex. He's very detailed about things that should be obscure, rules wise, and obscure about things that should be very detailed.

Also he wrote Changing Breeds. I liked their werebeast creation system, not so much the whole 'free magic' and 'let's talk about animal fucking' aspects.
>>
>>54872659
Yeah. Changing breeds is a great book... If you cut anything that isn't crunch.

Okay so it is a useful book.
>>
>>54872659
Is Brucatto the one who thinks if you write up "bad guys" as playable you will turn into them?
>>
>>54872659
But how was Mage 1st different?

Also, what was the "free magic" system from Changing Breeds? Haven't played that either.
>>
>>54872978
Eh. They could take specific spells as a power. So they spent merit dots equal to the spells arcana dots, ajdnhad that specific spell.

It wasnt free, high merit cost, plus they could never have a high power stat. It was capped at 3.
>>
My Mages spent a few last sessions tracking down paranoid Hunter on the verge of his own Awakening. What to do next? I suppose they could just watch her scream in terror as she is dragged through Pandemonium, while chars are passing popcorn, but I want this to be interesting.
>>
>>54873156
Have seers watching the hunter, and they need to defend them from getting swooped up.
>>
>>54872978
I'm not the bloke you were responding to originally, just the one on about Brucatto's cult. Not quite sure what he meant, other than some slight changes in writing/theme. I never really read Mage as a recreational thing.

'Free Magic' for Changing Breeds let them take 1e spells up to the 3rd dot of an arcanum. And no paradox at all.
>>
>>54873156
If the hunter doesnt become a Banisher then you are doing it wrong..
>>
>>54873225
The thing is that she have all the chances to become the Banisher. Or even Mad from the beginning. But since my players know her good from all the tracking and spying they did on her, I want to give them the chance to influence her Awakening and make her more or less sane Magistos (who am I kidding? No such thing as sane Magistos).
>>
>>54873260
Unless the pc's wanna bang her why the fuck do they care?

The last thing you want is a hunter gaining mage powers and then continuing hunting. They should really stop her from awakening.
>>
>>54873304
>why the fuck do they care?
Because they do? Empathy, man. Also, two of them are thearchs and believe that every human should be mage, and guardian believe she is natural recruit (she kinda is - she managed to hide from the mages for a two weeks or so).
>>
>>54873260
Well, a Banisher just keeps their integrity instead of gaining Wisdom. So they wouldn't be *mad*. If they become a normal Mastigos, it basically means that the demons causing them to hunt are resolved through the mystery play of the Awakening. Presumably the characters get to influence that.
>>
>>54873394
>If they become a normal Mastigos, it basically means that the demons causing them to hunt are resolved through the mystery play of the Awakening. Presumably the characters get to influence that.
That's a great idea, thanks! She is really paranoid and grapples with her fear of darkness constantly, so that will be a big theme in her Awakening.
>>
>>54872815
Yep
>>
>>54850621
If a True Fae understand humanity, they lose most of their power.
>>
>>54874002
>>
>>54872659
yeah no, fuck brucatto fucking magic system. and not explaining shit. so I'm eyeballing spell details. fuck him
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.