/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/ I'm usually hanging on /v/ but I need some suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: rt01_preview.jpg (77KB, 590x250px) Image search: [Google]
rt01_preview.jpg
77KB, 590x250px
Hey /tg/

I'm usually hanging on /v/ but I need some suggestions from you guys. My sister was usually the one playing tabletop roleplaying games but she recently got a new boyfriend and is now 'over them'. She was going to sell her collection but I told her I wanted it so she gave me the books. I want to try a tabletop rpg with my friends but don't know where to start or if they are worth playing. So here's what I seem to have.

-Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd edition, lots of boxes and cards and shit, looks complicated.

-Dark Herery and a couple of other books. I always liked Warhammer 40k but only in vidya form.

-Rogue Trader, looks fun, it's the one she was playing a lot, she even got a big box with a collector edition or something. It has a warrant of trade with her character name on it, pretty cool.

-Eclipse Phase, looks unique.

-Pathfinder, only got the core and advanced player guide.

-DnD 4th and 5th edition, core books only, they look new I don't think she played them a lot.

-Legend of the 5 rings, the book is beautiful but I'm not into samurais that much.

That's pretty much what i have on hand. I was looking at trying Rogue Trader since it is the one I have the most material to work with. I like Warhammer fantasy too but it looks like to be a lot of preparation and a big table. What would you guys suggest me?
>>
Tabletop newfag here, I've been trying ot get into it as well but I lack materials and there aren't a lot of game shops within walking distance.

That said, based off what little I DO know, I'd say RT and Pathfinder first, maybe.
>>
>>54844855
Rogue Trader is a favorite of mine. I can't recommend it enough.
It's actually very cross-compatible with Dark Heresy; the books should have details on that.

5e is the newest version of D&D and is both popular and good for beginners, so if you want to find people to play with or rope people into a game that's a pretty safe option to learn.

4e isn't bad, but rubs a lot of people the wrong way for a few reasons. And, you'd probably want more than just the core books, especially when it comes to monsters.

Pathfinder is a bit of a clusterfuck with a lot of arcane bits that can put people off if they're out of the loop on it all. I'd only recommend you learn it if you're planning on playing with a group of people experienced with it.

I've heard Warhammer Fantasy 3rd Edition isn't bad, but it was enough of a departure from the other versions to piss people off. If it's a complete set of stuff I've heard it's pretty fun.

Never played Eclipse Phase but I've heard good things. The rules are also free digitally, so it'd be easy enough to get a group going. Wouldn't have to worry too much about sharing copies of books.

Don't really know much about Legend of the 5 Rings.

At the very least, take good care of it all. There's certainly a chance she'll regret just dropping a hobby.
>>
>>54844855
There's a general thread for every game you listed except Eclipse Phase, you might be able to get some opinions in them.
>>
>>54845257
That's why I took them, I'm sure she'll come back for them in a couple of months, especially for that warrant of trade.

I'm gonna run Forsaken Bounty and see how it goes, I liek the premise a lot and my group might be more comfortable with that than playing the fantasy heroes again.

Thanks.
>>
>>54844855
Rogue Trader is fucking awesome. Give that one a shot first. Simple d100 system, careers are simple if a bit slapshot here and there.

Find a few people and start up a game about exploring the dark reaches of space for adventure and profit.
>>
>>54844855
I tried Dark Heresy and I enjoyed it. The system is solid, more so than the DnD 5e game! I recommend you to try that or Rogue Trader. d% beats d20, remember.
>>
>Rogue Trader
>Eclipse Phase

Either she was a poser or your sister was way too dedicated to the hobby to quit like that for no reason. Something's up with that.

>>54845374
Eclipse Phase General is up almost every day except for today, it'll pop back up soon.
>>
>>54851505
Then again she also has 3rd edition Fantasy Roleplay over 2nd so she might just be buying random shit off the shelf.
>>
>>54845607
if she doesnt come back for that Warhammer 3rd stuff, let us know. Theres a few Anons here who would be interested in picking it up.

>>54851505
Of she got a customized Warrant of Trade, she probably doesnt want to look nerdy or undesirable in front of her new boyfriend.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.