[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm stuck.And it's the simplest thing to pull off.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: HowToDM.png (466KB, 1178x1600px) Image search: [Google]
HowToDM.png
466KB, 1178x1600px
I'm stuck.And it's the simplest thing to pull off.

I have two players already in a "team" or a "party", with third guy joining us today.

First couple took a looot of time to explain, why their characters are together. One character is a human rogue, the other aasimar paladin. Guy who is joining the team plays kenku rogue.

How do I hook them up IG?
>>
>>54835283
>How do I hook them up IG?
One thing I've done in the past is to require players to come up with the reason why their characters would join and cooperate with the party. It's a bit easier that way, because they can shape and tweak their characters and backgrounds to make things work. It also means that you don't have players fighting you on stuff, and you don't end up with loners who have no interests in cooperating--at least not if they do their job right.

But if you don't want to do that, just make it clear to your players that it's their cooperate as best they can and find excuses to work together and act in a way that's conducive to a successful adventure. Then simply give them a common goal. They're all trying to rescue the princess, though maybe for different reasons. They all have different leads on a burial vault full of treasure (one has done research, another has heard a rumor, and the last has a treasure map). They all have a common enemy they need to eliminate, or a common friend they need to help. Etc. And after they've worked together, well, it's kind of up to the players to continue the arrangement. You continue to present them with adventuring opportunities, and they need to decide they like each others' company enough--or at least find it mutually beneficial enough--to stick together.

Of course, you could also just have the new rogue know the old rogue. They've worked together before--maybe they're even old friends--and one of them pulls the other in on a mission or something.
>>
>>54835393
Holy hell, you did not call me retarded. I'm quite flabbergasted.

And some great advice there. Appreciated.
>>
>>54835456
Not everybody here is always an asshole.

Anyway, Spirit of the Century had an interesting way of tying PCs together though past adventures (pic related), though something like that might not work as well if you're playing with 1st level characters who aren't yet exceptional and therefore aren't likely to have previously had wondrous adventures.
>>
>>54835283
>tiny three man party, with...
>two rogues

Why did you approve this?
>>
>>54835456
You are retarded.
>>
File: 374.jpg (97KB, 950x404px) Image search: [Google]
374.jpg
97KB, 950x404px
>>54836887
>two rogues and a near-angelic paladin

Not seeing the problem
>>
>>54836906
Well I feel more at home already.

Also guy who was supposed to join has just sent me an email he got a job and can't join anymore.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.