[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does your party treat prisoners? >party I dm usually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

How does your party treat prisoners?

>party I dm usually interrogates them by breaking fingers one by one then using them as a slave until the get killed.
>party I play in carried a prisoner around as a backpack worn by our minotaur and named him "meat bag"
>>
I don't give them the freedom.
I took a broad read on what prisoners get when they're caught (in the current game they get a tough talking to, roughed up and then left tied up somewhere).
The relevant PC gets one roll, one set of answers off that roll, and then we move on. I don't allow torture scenes or whatnot to bog the game down and get weird.
I ALSO don't make this policy bite them in the ass. They are never immediately backstabbed by prisoners taken, they realise that the raised heat from a "no witnesses" policy is directly equivalent to leaving witnesses alive in most circumstances, and we won't bog the game down with how to move prisoners around.

Otherwise the whole thing takes FAR too much time.
>>
>>54826907
One character comes from a civilization that has some really bad hang ups with slavery.
>A rogue faction broke off from their civilization over it and became an economic powerhouse.
>The top 1% used eugenics programs on the lower 99% and created a nation full of brain dead subservient meat creatures.
So any kind of slavery is innately abhorrent to this character. However they have no qualms about killing prisoners so long as its done quickly and without cruelty.

It also depends on the type of prisoner.
Prisoner of war? Disarm them, strip them down, maybe hobble them with an injury that will heal and send them on their way.
Thief? Take their possessions and send them on their way
>>
>>54826907
>How does your party treat prisoners?
What kind of prisoner are we talking about?
And do we live in an area that will buy/sell battle captives?

Seriously, this is like asking a character's opinion on pets.
What kind of pet OP?!
>>
File: dnn.jpg (6KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
dnn.jpg
6KB, 150x150px
>>54827002
I like this policy, anon. Will be adopting it for all future games.
>>
>>54827002
This is a smart idea. I've had players who insisted on dragging every random NPC they caught around with them for the whole session and it slowed the game to a crawl. He'd spend hours trying to interrogate them regardless of whether they had any obvious connection to the task at hand, while the rest of the group waited for him to finish hogging the spotlight.
>>
>>54827266
Glad you like it, fellow fa/tg/uy.
I have to just underline that this will only work so long as your players know they are not getting a raw deal. If you go back on the allowances, they will start to spend time defending themselves from perceived threat. It's only natural.
>>
We captured a prisoner from a group of bandits that attacked us. Bard threw out his bag of tricks and got a direwolf. Direwolf carried him around by the collar until we got to a town where he handed him off for a trial.
Ended up making a deal with the guy to break him out since he had the only lead we could determine from the quest we're doing in this town.
>>
>>54827002
I don't like the fact that you literally force your players to play a particular playstyle, but I understand why you do so.
>>
I want to treat them as an honored guest but the other players keep torturing them behind my back.
>>
The group keep them for trade. Goods without a scratch can be sold at better prices.
>>
>>54826907
My character tries in vain to keep the party psychopath from torturing them, while the rest of the players get bored that they aren't rolling dice.
>>
>>54826907
depends, usually if they attacked us or wronged the faction we are a part of we interrogate/torture them untill we believe theyve spilled everything they know after which we kill them. If they are a commander of an enemy or opposing faction we keep them as a prisoner for negotiation purposes, after getting what information we want out of them. Granted this is only possible because we have a fortress and a sizable force at our disposal
>>
>>54827427
I start with a read of the group's intentions.
>We take no prisoners
OK, all defeated NPCs are assumed to be slain unless context would suggest otherwise. We move on quickly after all combats.
>We get what info and loot we can from surivivors
See initial post
>We're super keen on jailing prisoners
Added to initial post method
>We beat or otherwise force the most out of every prisoner
I might change my approach to reflect the greater effort, and all combats cause increased heat and scrutiny from enemies
>We do super weird torture stuff
Git out
Basically, I want them to PICK a playstyle with regards this one issue. I'd be willing to negotiate changes out of session, but the in-session time should not be spent on the wrangling. Also, I am sensitive to mission-specific people needing different treatment, again subject to it being a very fast resolution and the sever-the-girl's-spine meme guy behaviour never surfaces.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.