[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for RPGs that take place in a fantasy setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 11

File: Artofoddjz0.jpg (108KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
Artofoddjz0.jpg
108KB, 640x340px
I'm looking for RPGs that take place in a fantasy setting but I want it to be a weird and unconventional one. Something along the lines of Planescape, Zeno Clash, Morrowind, Oddworld or Bas-lag.
>>
File: araq experiments.jpg (2MB, 2253x2915px) Image search: [Google]
araq experiments.jpg
2MB, 2253x2915px
>>54824999
Talislanta is medium-weird. Inspired by Tschai, The Dying Earth and Zothique. Take a look here:

>>54793107

All the books are legally available for free here:
http://talislanta.com/?page_id=5
>>
File: 1478391067781.jpg (104KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
1478391067781.jpg
104KB, 500x574px
>>54824999
You could take a look at Talislanta.
>>54793107
>>
File: Two brains - two votes.png (382KB, 465x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Two brains - two votes.png
382KB, 465x1005px
>>54825125
>>54825132
Talislantamind, or dare I say dual encephalon?
>>
File: ADam Black - Sindaran.jpg (54KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
ADam Black - Sindaran.jpg
54KB, 500x529px
>>54825153
Surely Sindaran, my brother of dual-encephaly!
>>
File: zvoDb.png (649KB, 1024x801px) Image search: [Google]
zvoDb.png
649KB, 1024x801px
There is also Skyrealms of Jorune.
>>
File: ss41.jpg (61KB, 562x604px) Image search: [Google]
ss41.jpg
61KB, 562x604px
The Ringworld RPG
>>
File: black tiger video game art.png (1MB, 723x1000px) Image search: [Google]
black tiger video game art.png
1MB, 723x1000px
>>54825263
That shit is beyond weird.
>>
File: pic_shen.jpg (106KB, 440x517px) Image search: [Google]
pic_shen.jpg
106KB, 440x517px
Or Tékumel.

Though I can't comment on the usability of the mechanics of those.
>>
File: oathbound penance.jpg (76KB, 384x500px) Image search: [Google]
oathbound penance.jpg
76KB, 384x500px
Oathbound is pretty strange. OOP now though.
>>
Reign is alright but the world isn't that weird in practice.

The world takes place on two continents. The continents are literally shaped as if they were two people, a man and a woman, lying down on their sides, facing each other, in a lake. The man's arm reaches across to rest on the woman's exposed shoulder.

But the lake is the endless ocean.

Gravity is oriented towards the 'bones' of the people. So if you're on the Empire that has its territory on the arm, you can literally live on the underside of the arm and look 'up' to see the ocean.

Gravity is also oriented towards the ocean when you're on the ocean. So it's often like stepping 90 degrees.

The sun and the moon are also fixed in the sky. They don't move, they just alternately brighten and dim. So all shadows are sharp in the landscape and some parts of the land are in perpetual darkness.
The place known as the 'Lightless Jungle' is literally the armpit of the world.

That all said... in terms of actual play it's mostly just a Bronze Age-ish multi-cutural humanocentric setting that has magic.
>>
I vaguely remember a setting was pretty similar Oddworld. There were no humans races, lots of the more reptilian, insectoid, there was one plant race and a race of constructs. There were suppose to be huge trees in it and the creatures lived either at the bottom of it, in the middle or above the trees. There was also some huge wall surrounding the whole world and I think it had a bit of a clock-punk theme to it.
>>
>>54824999
HOL?
>>
>>54824999
I'm not sure it is weird enough, but there is Glorantha. Based on the Bronze Age, has a duck race, the world is pic related, dragons evolve through multiple reincarnations etc. The "King of Dragon Pass" game happens on it.

http://www.glorantha.com/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.