[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dwarf/Dwemer style empire >Caste system of rulers, Crafters,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1480141408843.jpg (246KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1480141408843.jpg
246KB, 900x900px
Dwarf/Dwemer style empire
>Caste system of rulers, Crafters, warriors, lorekeepers, traders, plebians
>magitec level of utilization of magic as an energy source; generators can convert ambient Mana into lift, thrust, heat and electrical current
>Gated teleportation harnessed, a la Stargate (but on national not galactic scale)
>Elite 'paladins' of the empire are bonded with elemental creatures symbiotically, allowing for essentially power armored suits of metal that grant superstrength, regenerate with enough raw materials, and adapt their wearer to almost any climate

I'm at an impasse on what other specifics to grant this "precursor race". Would magitec Lazer muskets be cool? Burning out magic dust fuel to shoot GI Joe lasers?

They're fated to be destroyed in the end by an elemental evil they unleash from the space between realities, so this is all kinda window dressing right now.
>>
>>54820139
>fated to be destroyed in the end by an elemental evil they unleash

Why are all dwarves destined for underground failure?

Is it Moria? It's Moria, isn't it. Always with that fucking mine. That was a ONE-TIME THING, OKAY!?!
>>
>>54821387
Dwarf holds make the best dungeons to be fair.
>>
File: 1480134220622.jpg (200KB, 1238x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1480134220622.jpg
200KB, 1238x1500px
>>54823876
>>54821387
I have always had a soft spot for the "Dwarves boasting about their previous achievements but their time has passed and their empire is a shadow"

It just resonates with me. Certainly a little LoTR and a bit of Skyrim.
>>
>>54820139
>magitec Lazer muskets
Does this belie the existence of actual gunpowder and cannons? Dorf guns is a meme for a thing
>>
>>54827128
Good point; I'm thinking they're a vestigal route of development. Thanks to magitec, propellants and ballistics wouldn't be a developed tech.

There's an abandoned colony/last vestige that creates modern dwarves. I've got semi-canon that they'd have been missed on the end of times. Saved by obscurity. Their colony is this dumping point for all the looks, weirdos and non compliant members of society. So modern dwarves have musketry, and cannons, but the ancestors are all lazers and magery
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.