[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, Things in our campaign have turned ... interesting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Hey /tg/,

Things in our campaign have turned ... interesting. I'd appreciate your take on certain situation. Here it is:

>Be Tolkien-level elf, probably with a posse of your own, killing evil shit in some swamp in Middle Earth and striking outside of it
>One day you hear coughing and then wet sounds of a creature walking in swamp
>Hide, observe
>Out of the fog comes human male in warriors outfit. He is sick, probably Swamp fever, has boils - probably Grey gnat bites and is slowly trudging on

What do?

I'd say elves would instantly help the guy, but these are elves and ... I dunno. I'd like to check it here.

thanks
>>
>>54819365
Depends. He has a warrior's outfit, does he have insignia or heraldry that would indicate who he is or where he's from? Are there other indications showing that he's likely a friend(or enemy)? For that matter, how friendly are elves and humans(these particular elves at this particular age, more specifically) with each other in general? I mean, there are lots of different kinds of elves in Tolkien's works, and some of them would probably help him while some of them might shoot him or at least prefer capture and interrogation to actually helping him.
>>
File: xxhzemjgxd81ekqrnukg.jpg (48KB, 800x514px) Image search: [Google]
xxhzemjgxd81ekqrnukg.jpg
48KB, 800x514px
>>54820252

OP Here.

Very good points. No insignia i guess(He is soldier from Gondor, but far in the North). Elves are meant to be rather isolationistic, but are, on the other hand, on purpose killing bad stuff in swamp. I wonder how their longevity would affect their assessment of warrior?

Elves would be distrustful to humans in this case ("humans are prone to corruption" story). I was inclined toward capture and interrogation. I wonder how and what would they ask - not every elf is mind-reading Galadriel.
>>
>>54820359
>No insignia i guess(He is soldier from Gondor, but far in the North)
Well... he'd at least have Gondorian armor and such, right? And probably wear his lord's colors or at least coat of arms somewhere in his chest(assuming he has a lord)?

>I wonder how and what would they ask - not every elf is mind-reading Galadriel.
Probably start with basic stuff - who are you, what are you doing here, what happened, maybe some questions to establish whether he's telling the truth(something both the elves and he would know - maybe about landmarks, the nature, that kind of stuff, I guess?). Then onto tactical assessment like are there other humans nearby(alive or dead), has he seen any baddies, has he seen anything else of importance, etc. I'd probably play them as not polite, but not exactly threatening either, as long as they think he's telling the truth. Afterwards, I don't know. Either give him help and send him off or let him join them until he can leave safely.
>>
>>54820541
Nice.

>
Well... he'd at least have Gondorian armor and such, right? And probably wear his lord's colors or at least coat of arms somewhere in his chest(assuming he has a lord)?

True, I guess.
>>
>>54819365
If it's Mirkwood elves, they probably leave him to die.

If it's Athel Loren elves, they kill him.

If it's /tg/ elves, they nurse him back to health and then use him as a sex pet.
>>
>>54819365
>Things in our campaign have turned ... interesting

What? There is absolutely nothing remarkable about that situation.

>we encountered a guy
>what do
>>
>>54820702
I think this is WAY too harsh and stupid. You want INFO if you are smart and elves are smart.
>>
>>54820730
Mirkwood elves are cunts, and not particularly smart by elven standards. They're hostile to outsiders and dismissive of non-elves in general. The most significant thing we've seen them do is abuse foreign nobility and then try to steal treasure under the aegis of helping humans.
>>
>>54819365
>tell me how to roleplay my own character
No.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.