[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought this Dreadnought on eBay from a fellow in Missouri,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: $_3.jpg (103KB, 664x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
103KB, 664x800px
I just bought this Dreadnought on eBay from a fellow in Missouri, who got it from a guy in Wisconsin, who purchased it from god knows where before that, until back through the years, a guy in Colorado bought it from me.

That's right, I sold this Dreadnought in 2006. It still has the original paint job. And now after almost eleven years it's come back to me, carried on the waves of the grand material continuum.
>>
are you a witch
>>
>>54817072
"Hello, mighty player! Might I regale you on battles won and lost, across the lands?"

He must be one seasoned fighter to have seen so much battle.
>>
File: 1500945499583.png (195KB, 432x526px) Image search: [Google]
1500945499583.png
195KB, 432x526px
>>54817072
The prodigal dreadnought returns.
>>
Shit man I can barely bring myself to sell unpainted miniatures, never mind something I actually painted.

I still remember selling the better part of this box for like £15 a few years ago and kick myself.
>>
File: $_3 (1).jpg (101KB, 622x800px) Image search: [Google]
$_3 (1).jpg
101KB, 622x800px
>>54817084
Jewish magician.

>>54817110
Remarkably intact, too; looks like all it's missing is one blade on the power claw and the smoke launcher that was originally on top of the sarcophagus. As far as battle scars, it's practically pristine.

>>54817150
There was a matching Mk. IV Venerable Dreadnought that I let continue crusading. It's looking a little the worse for wear, obviously snapped off its original base at some point. We'll see if it turns up again in another eleven years.

>>54817265
I, on the other hand, can't bring myself to keep old models. There's a small number of figures that I'm emotionally invested in, either because they're super rare or I'm especially proud of how they turned out; but for the most part, if it spends more than a year in storage, it gets sold. I just unloaded an extensive Heresy-era Blood Angels army I did in '13 and its proceeds are financing my Custodes.
>>
>>54818281
Honestly, I am considering selling off my Old Necron army as a way to finance a new army. At this point, its either going to be Guard or Custodes; my only problem is that Necrons were my first army, so I may be a bit sentamental.
>>
>>54817072
I play regularly with a guy who has played 40k since 2nd Ed. He recently had his old Space Wolf army come through the local game store. He sold these models back in the early 2000's, he was incredibly excited about it. The LGS was really cool about it though, held the stuff for him and sold it back to him at a pretty substantial discount.
>>
>>54817072

Was it always missing a claw blade?

Still waiting for my arm/psycannon to show up from forgeworld, it's been a whole month already!
>>
>>54817072

Glorious. The Emperor is rewarding your faith and smiles upon you.
>>
>>54817072
The real question is how much money you lost buying it back from inflation.

It's a nice dreadnought.also this>>54817110
>>
File: mornin' brew.jpg (156KB, 484x326px) Image search: [Google]
mornin' brew.jpg
156KB, 484x326px
>>54817072
As a guy who runs an Ork Freeboota (read: I have multiple klans in the same army/mobs) and has picked up a sizeable chunk of second hand Orks over the years (2 custom-built Killa Kans, the Orks from the Assault on Black Reach starter set, a bunch of 2nd edition Ork boyz/grotz/a biker I haven't figured out how I want to build yet, and 8 Deffskull shoota boyz... Zog me over a third of my army was pre-owned), the sight of an Dreadnought finding its way back to its original owner sure is a heartwarming sight.
>>
>>54817072
EVEN IN ABSENCE I STILL SERVE
>>
>>54818673
Obviously, the calculus is different for every hobbyist and you can't readily quantify sentimentality, but unless there's a specific reason to keep them – a lot of rare, hard-to-find, out-of-production models; specific builds or paint jobs that you can't recreate – I'd say let them go. It is sometimes good to look at where you started to judge how far you've come, but you don't need an entire any for that, one or two pieces, either your very first model or the very best of your earliest work, does that. You may arrive at a different conclusion, however, so weigh the pros and cons, then judge for yourself.

>>54818778
That is a pretty classy thing for your store to do.

>>54818956
No, it was intact the last I saw it, so it must have gotten lost at some point. It's a thing that happens.

>>54818987
Ave Imperator, frater.

>>54819015
I sold it for fifty dollars in 2006, which is the equivalent of $60.74, today, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics; and I bought it back for $38.00, even, with free shipping. So, I made $22.74, which isn't shabby.

>>54819018
The irony is that I had literally just a few days ago been complaining that I never should've sold this model in the first place, since Forge World has done discontinued the Grey Knight Castaferrum sarcophagus. Truly, this is the best possible timeline.

>>54819740
IT IS ALWAYS TIME FOR WAR.
>>
>>54820035
>So, I made $22.74, which isn't shabby.
EVEN IN DEATH I STILL TURN A PROFIT?
>>
>>54817072
This is a great season
>>
>>54817072
Looks like crap.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.