[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good morning, let's talk Open D6! How do you deal with magic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: opend6.png (36KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
opend6.png
36KB, 220x220px
Good morning, let's talk Open D6!
How do you deal with magic? Do you just play Minisix instead? Any ongoing campaigns? Homebrews? Nostalgia? Anything D6, here it goes!

I just got the Deluxe Core books and at first glance this looks right up my alley. Hence the thread
>>
>>54814471
I've looked over Mini Six and I'm impressed that it's something that seems mostly full featured in such a small package. Though I can't really fully judge it because I haven't been able to find a group to play it with.

Though the Wound system makes me worried about the combat. Like it looks like something where if you get hit at all, you're completely fucked because the wound system there's a slippery slope that means it's gonna get easier and easier for you to die because you'll be made incompetent from the wound penalties.

Though I guess that means it's a system where you run through new characters every session or two due to incredibly high mortality? Or is it basically to discourage combat entirely as something that's messy and that you should avoid whenever possible?

Seems like it'd maybe work best for like a survival horror game or something.

Mind you, combat is my least favorite thing about RPGs so I don't care all that much but it is a surprising feature of the system I didn't expect.
>>
I'm a pretty big fan of Mini Six when I just want to use a movie or tv show setting and I want something I can quickly prototype. It just feels right to use for that sort of thing.
>>
>>54814471
How different is this from WEG SW d6?
>>
>>54814471
I had a brief love affair with D6/Mini Six, but the more I played it the less I could overlook its glaring flaws.
The math is wonky, there's a much bigger difference between having just one more (or less) dice than your opponent than I think the designers accounted for. The action economy is completely fucked, and the wound system is borked.

>>54818195
It's not different, it's the same system. WEG tried to make the D6 System, which I believe started with the Ghostbusters RPG actually before being expanded upon for Star Wars, into a universal system.
>>
I love the open d6 system. But magic is really the worst.
I use the houserule about pushing the limit. Using Hp rather the wounds I let the PC's get to 0 hp without any lost of skills. Once there they can choose to passout or keep fighting.
If they choose to keep fighting they roll phy and if they roll less then their -hp value they die. At the end of the turn they take d6 damage
>>
>>54818279
How would you fix its flaws?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.