[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work at a board game company >is fun Does anybody else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

>work at a board game company
>is fun

Does anybody else have experience working in the /tg/ industry? Share your experiences
>>
>>54813209
Only briefly in the retail side, and it was a BO-and-piss-scented nightmare.
>>
>>54813209
Wait, who made a mini of Kalameet? is that just a concept mockup or is it real?
>>
>>54813368
Dark Souls board game
>>
>>54813377
Oh shit, is it any fun? Is it hella expensive?
>>
File: smough.jpg (3MB, 3167x2111px) Image search: [Google]
smough.jpg
3MB, 3167x2111px
>>54813426
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/dark-soulstm-the-board-game

Yea it's pretty expensive but if you like miniatures there's a good number of quality ones there that paint up fine
>>
>>54813426
Expensive, and disappointing. The main problem is that the most fun part is the boss fights, and you have to slog through not-bossfights to get there. Most homebrew versions of the game try and skip the grunt fights, but honestly... it's really not worth it.
>>
>>54813209
>Does anybody else have experience working in the /tg/ industry?

I helped write parts of Engine Heart, which was sold in stores, so I'm technically published. That's...that's it.
>>
>>54813209
Mostly /tg/ projects. Though if I listed everything I've done on the site most people would call bullshit.
>>
>>54813426

It's super fun and super hard.

It does have a design flaw where there is a built-in "grind" that is really recommended given how hard the game is. However this is easy to skip by the most passive houserule.
>>
>>54813478

Don't be a baby. The fights are all fun and are super easy to burn through if your party has a comp that can do it.

The only problem is "grinding" before fighting the boss but that's as easy as just dropping the sparks to 1 and getting the souls.
>>
>>54813508
Go on
>>
>>54813478
It's actually pretty good as a 4 man game where you can get through most of the rooms in one go instead of having to grind out souls for gear/levels. The encounters are relatively chaotic and fun with 4 people instead of 2 or 1 but remain challenging. Bosses will still give you a thrashing if you aren't ready so I'd say the game is good just not great. I am biased from Dark Souls nostalgia though since I love the videogames.
>>
>>54813209
I'm tempted to try making a living out of board games

where do I start?
I'm currently on a computer engineering graduation and not sure if it's my thing
>>
>>54813568
Same here. I mostly went for it because I'm a massive dark souls loving faggot.
It's a fine game, and the few times I actually got to play it, it got challenging. Every Encounter is basically a mini-puzzle where you have to figure out when to move where and which enemy to attack.

The only real problem is the grind. if you don't find any treasure chests, or the items you pick up are too high level, you have to redo the encounters again...and again...and again.
But after you have figured out how to beat an Encounter once, it really does become quite boring to slog through it again, since the challenge dropped immensly.

My homebrews are:
> Tiered treasure decks. One for the first, one for the second mini boss and one for the main boss.
> Increased amounts of souls for level 2 and 3 encounters.
> Everytime you beat an encounter and sest at the bonfire, you draw a new encounter card.
>>
>>54813557
Ho boy.
I was there at the creation of the HUGE Marines.

I have Virt's Email address.

I was the one who suggested the match between /vp/ and /tg/ during the Ball.

I created the Calvin and Hobbes RPG

I started the /fvgt/, and from that:
-Got Batavi-Anon motivated to publish Love and Krieg 2.
-Started the Fading Embers Setting/Wargame
-Nearly got /tg/ to use BB3D to play War Games with each other.
-compiled various resources to get /tg/ to play more games.
-revived awareness of the Night Shift RPG

Started the conversation that created the Rad Marines.

Started the Duckanon meme for shilling Mythras.

Oh, and I also used to be Wayne, and am currently Bait-Reviewer.
>>
>>54813918
Doesn't the base game already sort of have tiered treasure decks, or do you mean fully pulling out all the high-requirements shit in the base deck?
>>
File: Tiered Treasure.png (100KB, 1030x789px) Image search: [Google]
Tiered Treasure.png
100KB, 1030x789px
>>54814119
The base game only has a "add the transposed items to the existing deck after the mini Boss".
My decks are three completely seperate decks, except for titanite shards and embers, where the leftovers from one deck are shuffled into the next one.
That does mean that once you defeated a boss, you wont have access to the rest of the cards in that deck, but it also keeps you from needlessly grinding the encounters. You draw some cards, level up a bit, equip them, defeat the boss, and move on to the next deck/stage/boss.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.