[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The party returns to their hombase town after a particularly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: ooc-dnd-feat-image.jpg (151KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
ooc-dnd-feat-image.jpg
151KB, 970x545px
>The party returns to their hombase town after a particularly long adventure but is surprised to find that every darn citizen, town guard, even the local ruler is out for their blood!
>People who they would previously call friend or ally give them the cold shoulder or are even openly hostile
>"Unscrupulous scum! Vile thieves! Irredeemable villains!" They are yelled at as they are chased out of town
>It turns out a band of petty criminals that thought they were clever used the fact that the party are heroes in the eyes of the townsfolk, disguised themselves as the player's characters, and looted and ransacked the town before making out to their hideout in the hills with their gains.

What say you, /tg/? Is this idea too cliche, or cheesy? Would you enjoy this little arc after an epic, long dungeon delve, or would you find it a bit hackneyed?
>>
I'd be all for it, as long as the imposters are hilarious parodies of the party members. Just close enough where they could be mistaken for the party member on a particularly bad day, both in terms of looks and personality.

Fighting them should be a comedic version of fighting yourselves.
>>
Good idea. Plenty of fun to be had.
>>
>>54812889
>>54812921
>tiefling sorceress
Is actually just another female tiefling that looks nothing like the original. Racist humans can't tell the difference.
>elf ranger
Human ranger in bad cosplay, complete with embarrassing ear prosthetics.
>gnome rogue
Just a literal child.
>human wizard
Actually, the PC has a clone of himself that is inhabited by the soul of an ancient necromancer just walking around, so this one is a freebie
>female human two weapon fighter
I don't know. A fat old wizard that casts alter self?
>>
>>54813409
The parodies are taken too far.
I'd suggest something like this
>tiefling sorceress
A male tiefling in drag that looks semi-convincing and knows a couple of parlor tricks
>elf ranger
A drow who covered himself in magical long lasting flour.
>gnome rogue
Yeah just keep him as a kid
>human wizard
An actual wizard who simply steals for a living, head honcho of the bunch.
>female human two weapon fighter
Bugbear who duel wields
>>
My players would bitch at me and call bullshit. Just like whenever anything doesn't go exactly their way.
>>
>>54812779
I love the concept. This would be actually hilarious to play I think.

Although you have to be careful that you don't have a halfling or a gnome in your party: they can only move 25 feet per action so they would get caught by the mob and then they would have to defend themselves and kill the townsfolk, or badly injure them.
>>
>>54813639
Condolences, I guess. I mean, even if the players don't know it, you have to deal them a bad hand occasionally so they still appreciate the good stuff. You don't feel the highest highs unless you've experinced low lows and all that
>>
>>54813498
I like these better.
>>54813678
Well rogues can use their cunning action feature and their bonus action to dash, so she's actually the fastest member of the party
>>
>>54813409
>>54813498
Don't forget the personalities. Having them act as more outlandish versions of the characters has a lot of comedic potential too, as long as you make sure what you're making fun of isn't the players themselves.
>>
>>54814027
What if it's a gnome bard?
>>
>>54812779
well these people can't be friends or even close allies, if they were they should be able to suss out the imposters. depending on the party's rep, even acquaintances and townsfolk should have suspicions.
>>
>>54814251
Well my setting does involve a lot of xenophobia, seeing as these people are living a world inspired by Dracula, werewolves, a whole slew of dark fairy tales, gothic horror, things really do go bump in the night, etc.

These humans live in a world where the sun doesn't shine for 30 days every winter when they have to stay indoors for fear of the creatures enboldened by the night. And only a handful of townsfolk have close personal experience with the party
>>
I'm running a sci-fi game at the moment. It would probably be pretty easy. The bad guys would just need fake IDs, more or less the right posture, and accessories that hide their faces from security cameras, at least partially.

Getting away from an angry militia of outer-arm colonists with lasrifles can be tricky, though. Not sure if the party would get a chance to actually go after their impostors.
>>
>>54814527
The colonists are celebrating their colony commencement day/mourning the loss of ALL THE MONEYS, so half of them are half drunk and the other half are FULL drunk
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.