[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 51

File: 112.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
112.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
Previous: >>54803497

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but people often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Which new deck wins in a 4 player game based on the cards we know?
>>
>>54810646
Wizards, not even close. If it was a 1v1 then Cats>All, but Inala has the best eminence, and the best backups, driving her straight through Value Town into Victory.
>>
>>54810646

Thinking dragons right now but we don't really know what reprints are gonna be in the 99

Wizard has the most constructed potential but I doubt the precon will be filled with enough tutors and combo cards to actually make that work

Casting a bunch of fat flyers for 1 cheaper seems like a good way to stomp a precon free for all
>>
>>54810680
It really depends on what the decks look like. Breya was probably the strongest 2016 commander, but her deck was a pile of ass.
>>
>>54810646
>Which new deck wins in a 4 player game based on the cards we know?
currently thinking wizards
>>
>>54810717
Thing is that even if Breya was the strongest, Yidris was no slouch, and his deck was explosive out of the box. Inala outclasses all the rest when it comes to multiplayer.
>>
Vampires with Edgar leading the deck, shit's broken, every fucking vampire spell reads "And create a 1/1 vampire."
>>
>>54810747
Yidris easily had the best built deck and was decent on his own. For all we know, Inalla could have the weakest 99 out of the bunch and lose hard because of it. As it is, Wizard tribal isn't a very powerful strategy and it would likely need some heavy spellslinger elements to back it up, which I don't see WotC doing.
>>
>>54810747
The bone-stock Yidris precon can hold its own pretty well. Waste Not is a hell of a combo enabler.
>>
>>54810805

Army of the damned also steals games ezpz in precon games because of the lack of good board wipes
>>
>edhrec.com and www.edhrec.com are not the same domain
>>
>>54810805
there is one for 40$ at my local walmart
should i pick it up
>>
>>54810852
The Yidris precon has the most value out of all of them, except maybe for Atraxa. I'd go for it.
>>
>>54810757
Yeah, shame all vampires are either 4cmc+ or limited shit.
The only halfway decent vampires 3cmc or under are Nighthawk, Aetherhawk, Hexmage, Artist and Bloodghast.
Go wide weenie just doesn't win in multiplayer, specially when your own creatures are worse than basic hatebears and your tokens trade with dorks.
>>
>>54810852
If you trade Thrasios, Vial Smasher, and Chromatic Lantern for other cards you'll have gotten half your money back in value. $40 is good value.
>>
>>54810891
Eminence turns limited vampires in good vampires, good vampires in god damm good vampires.

Just sayin, we don't know, sadly, the decklists yet so I may be speaking some true shit but with enough vampires the deck just spills vampires.

Also, with New Blood, if I, lol, use it on a commander with eminence, that eminence starts caring about vampires right?
>>
>>54810852
If you want the cards I would. Other than that I wouldn't bother. You personally aren't going to be getting the money back unless you can sell all the items for full value
>>
>>54810940
>Eminence turns limited vampires in good vampires, good vampires in god damm good vampires.
Not when Abobo turns already good cats into supercats, Inalla turns already good wizards into twice as many good wizards and Ur-Dragon virtually generates 10+ mana during the game without even being cast.
Edgar is a joke compared to his peers.
>>
Anyone find it odd we didn't get any new white vampires other than the Mardu ones? Do we know if Ixalan will have vampires?
>>
>>54811000
To be fair, what good Wizards is Inalla going to be copying to actually make use of her ability? Sure, we have her combo with that new vampire wizard and Ashnod's Altar, but what else does she really have going for her?
>>
>>54810747
>>54810781
Edgar's deck looks to be the retard boros aggro of the set. And Dragons will invariably have mana issues with XYY and XYYY casting costs.
The match is between Arhabo and Inalla.
>>
Which precon has the Teferi's Protection?
>>
File: 227.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
227.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>54811009
Whats the worst color in EDH and why is it red?
>>
>>54811009
Ixalan has BW Vamps, which is likely the main reason C17 vamps were Mardu.
>>
>>54811047
White is worse by itself
>>
>>54811027
Dualcastermage becomes much less shit when hes actually tricaster twins.
>>
>>54811037
The dragon deck seems to have some decent low cost dragons and a decent deal of mono-color dragons, so I don't think it'll get mana screwed too hard.
>>
>>54811041
We don't know yet.
>>
>>54811000
C'mon don't be like that.

Trust comrade Markov and he will guide you to victory, probably the deck gets some good vampires to use your tokens.
Again without the decklists I write void words.

The wizard commander seems good, for that reason alone her deck could be hammered down in power level no?
>>
>>54811041
I actually think it'll be cats. They have some anti-aggro cards like Mirri.
>>54811047
Mono Red is better than Mono White, and some combinations are fine. Gruul isn't that much worse or better than Selesnya.
>>
>>54811047
This card and brand can be wincon
>>
>>54811068
At that point you'll need something worth actually copying with Dualcaster, which I have a feeling the precons will lack. I don't know if it's because I'm burned out from all of the brewing I've been doing, but I can't really see her going anywhere when she's locked into Wizard tribal.
>>
>>54811077
Aaannnd... Markov pumps his kids, Patron of Blood or something like that not only removes a threat but converts every not yours creature dying in a pump for all vampires.
>>
>>54811100
shes the build me better commander, you can force her to be good if you play cards nobody wants to play like deadeye navigator to support your arcane denials and forces of will. Also a lategame snapcaster can pull back 2 counterspells from the gy for 3 mana, which might be gamewinning.
>>
>>54811140
I'm just having trouble finding a clear wincon for her. She seems to have plenty of utility, but my mind keeps trying to wander to Lab Man combos, which I don't really care for.
>>
I need help making a couple of cycles for Instants/Sorceries

One cycle I'm trying to complete is common 1 cost spells with '3' theme with a modern border-
Ponder, Black Ritual, Lightning Bolt, Giant Growth, but I'm missing a white spell

Another is uncommon dual colored spells have deal with some kind of removal -
I have Putrefy, Electrolyze, Lightning Helix, and Mortify so far
>>
>>54811163
Its extra turns for her imo
>>
So I'm building a Hazezon deck, and have way too many cards.

What's some good proportions of ramp/tokens/answers/lands in the deck? Like 5 answers, 5 draw, 5 buffs, etc. I'm not the best at building, but I feel like adding too much ramp could be detrimental. What do I do?
>>
>>54811175
Unmake?
Dreadbore?
Terminate?
>>
>>54811189
Oh goody. I was hoping I wouldn't hear that. I'm not particularly big on extra turns either, but I'll see what I can do with her. Might go for Kess/Mairsil after all.
>>
>>54811175
The first cycle is the Boons, it's not Ponder, it's Ancestral Recall, and the White spell is Healing Salve. Draw 3, Add 3 Mana, Deal 3 Damage, Gain 3 Power/Toughness, Gain 3 Life.
>>
>>54811175
Healing Salve, but it's shit. Also those were all a cycle in Alpha, with Recall being the original blue one
>>
>>54811198
Post list and we can help you make some cuts.
>>
>>54811233
I substituted ponder because i want them in modern borders, I know healing salve exists but i think it's so much worse than the others.

>>54811213
Thank you.
>>
>>54811263
Congrats on your made up cycle. There's an actual cycle, and Healing Salve is the worst, because white will always be worst.
>>
>>54811087
>>54811065
How is mono white worse? Its amazing for voltron with commanders like sram
>>
>>54811227
Im sure there is some tech that im missing but I learned with breya to start at the surface for wincons and her low hanging fruit is to just play way more magic than her opponents. At least teferi is a flavorful flash source.
>>
>>54811047
because the nature of edh as a format. In a normal format things are faster and you have less life so there is a balance between slower control and faster aggro. Cards that drew you cards or ramped you mana had the downside of not protecting you. The problem is with 40 life and a singleton format that means less consistency, the control decks will nearly always have the ability to stabilize.
>>
>>54811027
>Anarchist
>Archeomancer
>Augur of Bolas
>Beguiler of Wills
>Corpse Augur
>Corpse Connoisseur
>Disciple of Bolas
>Dragon Mage
>Dualcaster Mage
>Goblin Electromancer
>Izzet Staticaster
>Jace's Archivist
>Magus of the Wheel
>Magus of the Will
>Omenspeaker
>Pit Keeper
>Puppeteer Clique
>Sea Gate Oracle
>Sedraxis Alchemist
>Snapcaster Mage
>Treasure Mage
>Trinket Mage
>Trophy Mage
>Vendillion Clique
>Venser, Shaper Savant
>Youthful Scholar
Off the top of my head.
>>
>>54811304
Sram is the only redeeming commander. Ususally, white has nice tools for EDH but little staying power or consistency.
>>
>>54811304
Because Voltron is objectively a bad strategy, and Purphoros exists.
>>
What are some casual fun decks (not based on tapping creatures to attack as main win-con) that wouldn't get me hated out of a table/playgroup, but wouldn't be auto-lose either?

People don't appreciate Yidris storm and Arcum "stax"...
>>
File: 1281599632451.jpg (594KB, 1944x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1281599632451.jpg
594KB, 1944x1944px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/very-fast-slivers-killing-at-incredible-hihg-speed/

Gonna post this one more time before I call it good and start putting it together. Any feedback on it, shit I'm missing, whatever?
>>
>>54811357
Melek Fireballs
>>
>>54811357
Mairsil Mono-Jank or Melek/Mizzix Spellslinger.
>>
>>54811372
Thanks, mate.
>>
>>54811357
Lazav Clones.dec
>>
>>54811318
I'm sure I'm missing something as well, but I'm so worn out from these spoilers and theorycrafting that I just can't think of anything for the life of me at the moment.

>>54811338
I've got most of the synergistic ones from that list included already. I'm mostly looking for wincons now. I wanted to go for a wizard tokens and tap for Inalla's ability route, but there aren't enough good token producers for Wizards. I really wish the Wizard deck had more new good lower CMC wizards to make use of. I wish there were more new cards in general to be honest.
>>
>>54811304
Because no card draw.
>>
>>54811400
Not who you're talking to but I have Sakashima clones.dec and still got hated out the second I played Expropriate.

Making two copies of an opponents Avacyn didn't help, either.
>>
>>54811434
You really can't imagine why they wouldn't like the spell Expropriate?
>>
>>54811338
Those are the meat and potatoes of the deck, I think anon was talking about wincons/gameplan not goodstuff that makes it work.
>>
>>54811283
It's not 'made up' I'm just finding substitutions.
>>
>>54811451
No, I get that it's a huge "fuck everyone" card. But it's so overwhelmingly powerful that I feel obligated to use it.
>>
>>54810646
>Which new deck wins in a 4 player game based on the cards we know?
Before table politics, gonna hand it to vamps. Wrath effects would check Edgar hard but WotC probably won't print any in the set except maybe in vampires itself. His board position becomes a runaway spiral of value rather quickly and he's in the Removal Colors.

With table politics, Wizards get it, narrowly over Vamps and Dragons. Cats don't stand a chance as while they can hit hard their voltron stylings will have serious trouble carving through the life of their opponents. Edgar is still very strong, but his strength is obvious and fairly easily measured so he'll probably die at the hands of a big team effort. That leaves Wizards and Dragons, and between those two the other two basically get to decide it. But Wizards is going to be just a little bit faster to establish board, making Dragons just a little bit softer to "Dead Hand" spite-onslaughts, and thus more likely to enter the endgame a leg down. If dragons reaches the end with its strength intact, though, its individual card quality will outmatch Wizards.
>>
Black got shafter super hard this time around. The best five non-legendary new cards are:
>Traverse the Outlands
>Teferi's Protection
>Portal Mage
>Kindred Summons
>Stalking leonin
And vampires didn't even get an extra legendary. Cats got Balan, Wizards got Taigam and Dragons got both Wasitora and Taigam.
>>
>>54811547
>And vampires didn't even get an extra legendary.
We're not fully spoiled yet, though, are we? I assumed we'd get 5 new legends for each deck since dragons has 5. It only makes sense.
>>
>>54811452
Well, you see this is Grixis, not Azorius or Dimir. Here you actually win by hitting your opponent with the "meat and potatoes" after making sure they can't play shit because your spells and creature-spells are all removal, distruption, card advantage and assholery.
>>
>>54811568
No, I'm pretty sure all the new cards have been spoiled by this point.
>>
>>54811568
All of the new cards have been shown. All we're waiting on are reprints. Yeah, I'm sad too.
>>
>>54811547
Alms Collector's pretty good. Hope it's in the same precon as Teferi's Protection.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (196KB, 820x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
196KB, 820x600px
>every single deck I make ends up in some combination of U, R, and B
>>
>>54811568
All 56 new cards are revealed.
No Baron Sengir, no Anje, no Thane of Blood, no Bloodchief of Malakir.
We get the worst Eminence guy, a random nigra who doesn't even look like a vampire at all, and Mathas.

Was it really so fucking hard to give us a legendary Necropolis Regent or Kalastria Highborn? It's like it physically hurts them to print beautiful/interesting vampires nowadays, it's just a bunch of pale (or black) humans in armor.
>>
>>54811589
>>54811592
Wow for real? How is that even remotely fair? Why would they give more new legends to some tribes but not others?

I'm not sad, I'm mad. I was mad about their tribe choices and now I'm mad about this bullshit.
>>
I swear to god if the Marchesa reprint if fucking foil and devalues my Conspiracy original foil I am going to be pissed.
>>
>>54811769

Really? You are the cancer that is killing magic
>>
Ok real question here: how do you build a tribal deck around a tribe that wants you to play instants and sorceries? Isnt that anti-synergistic?
>>
>>54811769
Wew lad, eat shit and die
>>
>>54811782
>>54811858
I went through a lot of work to get that foil back when it was $90 and it sits on top of my first real EDH deck. I have a lot of sentimental value wrapped up in it and the fact that it is somewhat hard to come by made it feel even more special.

I don't care about magic finance, I just like being able to show off what I put on the table.
>>
>>54811831

Not really. Not every tribal deck has to fill the board with as many bodies of that type as possible then cast coat of arms

Wizards for instance, only needs a couple wizards in play for a lot of their good synergies, leaving you plenty of room in your deck for instants and sorceries
>>
>>54811831
Simplest way is to include instants/sorceries that create tokens from that tribe.
>>
>>54811882

You still have the sentimental value though, it's a pack foil, it's the original, it has the superior border and set symbol, no reprint can take that away from you

Just because you bought in at a bad time on a low print run card doesn't mean you should be against reprints
>>
>>54811930
That's a valid point, but seeing everyone else sitting down at the table with a premium Marchesa they got out of a deck would make it seem less special somehow.

I know, I'm being stupid about it, but still
>>
File: screen696x696[1].jpg (47KB, 392x696px) Image search: [Google]
screen696x696[1].jpg
47KB, 392x696px
dumping some lifelinker codes for you kind people

Card Kingdoms code
KNEUZC6UDGUL

Magic Man Sam's code
TQS7VUFHUJFM

Starcity games split second cide
E1hc4cwfa982

Starcity Commander vs Series code
WIOFVNBZDIU0

Don't have tolarian's so if anyone has that one let me know.
>>
>>54811882
You do realize that WotC are just as worried about pissing off players like you as they are of investors when they refuse to reprint anything worthwhile, right?

Players who have nothing to lose by cards becoming cheaper yet whine because other people don't have to pay as much as they do are a fucking cancer on this game, just as bad as MTG finance. You are literally mad other people get to have what they want because it makes you having what you want less special.
>>
File: DGz4ZeJVwAAcrIN[1].jpg (209KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DGz4ZeJVwAAcrIN[1].jpg
209KB, 1200x900px
>>54811969
>>54811769
>3 Legendary Foils
>Inalla
>Mairsil
>Kess

You can stop.
>>
>>54811969

Well your point is valid too, if everybody else has it then yes that does make yours seem less special

But I really wouldn't worry too hard about that, marchesa is not so great a card that you're going to start seeing it everywhere just because it was reprinted in a precon. It's a niche 3 color card that wants to be the commander
>>
>>54811769
>Reveal 3 BRAND NEW Mardu Vampite legendaries
>somehow Marchesa will find her way into the vampire deck and take one of their foil spots
Chill, man.
>>
>Hot Babe, Bodice Ripper 1WBR
>Flying, Haste
>Vampire spells you cast cost 1 less to cast for each life your opponents have lost this turn
>2/2
>Art: Sexy goth chick with fangs and red eyes

>Hot Dude, Badass Bloodsucker 2WBR
>Flying, Menace
>Vampires you control have Lifelink
>Whenever a non-vampire creature you control deals combat damage to a player, put a Sire counter on it. Creatures with Sire counters are Vampires in addition to their other types.
>3/3
>Art: Peter Steele in WRPG armor

Was it really so hard WotC?
>>
>>54811769
They've never foiled reprints in product like this. Only in the Commander Anthology did they foil the reprinted commanders, and at an MSRP that high, they really should've foiled more of the legendaries.
>>
File: 1329777503874.gif (112KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1329777503874.gif
112KB, 150x150px
>tfw never bought anything from a precon

Fuck all that shit

Building with old jank is the best
>>
>>54812097
Yes
>>
>>54812107
I skipped out on the whole Anthology because the only thing I wanted was a foil Freyalise to foil out another commander
>>
>>54812108
Not even Command Tower? That's just being snobbish.
>>
>>54812126
Nope, none of it
>>
>>54811882
Nigger, I have my first foil rare (8th Ed. Serra Angel) framed and sitting in my desk.
When you love something you don't care wether it's $90 or $9. You're a just a jealous shit who doesn't want others to have what you have.
>>
File: 1502382390765.jpg (34KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1502382390765.jpg
34KB, 265x370px
>>54812095
It's Wizard Marchesa for the Wizard deck, but yeah.
>>
>>54812097

Did you think these were better designs?

They arent
>>
>>54812097
>>/ccg/
>>
>>54811304
>Sram
>Voltron commander
Brainlets, when will they learn?
>>
>>54812176
Anything is better than nigravamp.
Edgar and Bounty Counters are at least decent.
>>
Is the format healthier with Commander damage as a wincon?

It nips in the bud annoying strategies like ignoring your opponents and gaining infinite life, but it's made so much of the format based around Voltron and similar strategies.
>>
>Got good money off of old cards I don't use anymore
>Buy myself revised dual lands to go in my three color deck

feels good man. now i can get rid of these dumb man lands since Naya got the absolute fucking worst man lands except maybe raging ravine.
>>
>>54812423
The correct answer is yes
>>
>>54812423
Voltron itself is an inherently weak strategy because it forces you to put all of your eggs in one basket, so I think it's fair. It's like playing infect, but even more specific.
>>
>>54812441
Mardu has the worst manlands.
>>
>>54812494
The B/R and B/W are bad? I thought the B/W gets used in Modern.
>>
>>54812423
Voltron would be almost completely useless as a strategy outside of Skittles or other Infect strategies otherwise. Aggressive gameplans are weak enough to start with, so cutting out one of the more effective ones limits the range of viable deck types.
>>
>>54812097
>Flying, menace
reaction image
The only good idea here is the cost reduction on the first one
>>
Man its a shitty feeling when the deck your looking foward to is gonna be the shitiest out of the bunch.
>>
>>54812494
Mardu has the worst everything except 1cmc removal and tutors. R&D really hate Boros, Rakdos is retarded by design, and Orzhov can't carry it's lame brothers by itself.
>>
>>54812548
b-board w-wipes... we have b-board wipes.......
>>
>>54812518
B/R is the worst manland and W/R is close. B/W is actually ok.

Best manlands are U/B, G/U and R/G
>>
I'm super dissapointed about vampires but I will have to waste money on it on release because I live in thirldworldistan where Wal Mart doesn't carry Magic and I'd have to order jap singles from Hareruya because american ships always get "lost" at customs.
>>
>>54812630

Where are you from, brother?

also, how do you feel about Innistrad Eldrazi-vampires?
>>
>>54812769
Wow that'd way more fucked up looking than I remembered
>>
>>54812575
Isn't U/W pretty good too?
>>
File: Image (1).png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
128KB, 223x311px
I've just built my first EDH deck and I could use some advice. It relies mostly on sacrifice bonuses like bubbling cauldron, queen of the golgari, and the like. I've bee alternating between Meren and Jarad as commander, not sure which is best.
>>
>>54812821
Meren is considered to be an incredibly overpowered commander.
>>
>>54812821
Main difference between the two is Meren is a little more value based and Jarad leans a little harder on combos. I THINK Jarad is played more in multiplayer.
>>
>>54812821

Meren's pretty OP but Jarad can also just win out of nowhere if you suddenly play a huge creature. They both have their pros and cons.
>>
>>54812152
Quite a waste in my opinion for her.
>>
>>54812821
>bubbling cauldron

Please tell me you play bogbrew witch.
>>
>>54812849
Meren's one of the most popular commanders of all time, third only to Atraxa and Breya.
>>
>>54812868
Afraid not, been looking for it at the local card shop. I do play the newt, though. Great combo with Meren.
>>
>literally every legendary wizard is a human

For a set focused on tribes, you think they would have spread out the subtypes a bit to spread the love around.
>>
>>54812837
>Meren is considered to be an incredibly overpowered commander.
False and quantifiably so now thanks to mtgo 1v1. No stats for normal commander but cedh tier list had her and jarad tied in tier 2 iirc. People here still seem to think Atraxa is an overwhelmingly powerful commander too though so whatever.
>>
>>54812849
What do you mean by value based? Appreciate the advice, by the way.
>>
>>54812787

I love Innistrad 2: Eldrazi Boogaloo vampires Because of how fucked up they are.

This is an example I'd give of a card I'd never use (due to how weak it is), but with artwork that's pretty awesome.

I've been looking for a larger version of this artwork, if any kindhearted anons could help me on my journey. The artist does not have any artwork from recent sets up yet.
>>
Vampire Knight is my new Knight commander, replacing Marchesa.
>>
File: Weirded Vampire.png (135KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Weirded Vampire.png
135KB, 223x311px
>>54812924

I don't know how I forgot the image.
>>
>>54812920
What I mean is the deck is more about using and reusing creatures and their abilities. You're in BG so that's just something you do naturally, but it's an ability built into your commander that makes you lean towards that strategy. Jarad on the other hand has a built in ability to just kill people with his fling ability and likes to use a few cards to facilitate that.
>>
Will they finally reprint Diabolic Edict, Withering Boon and Tainted Pact?
I'm tired of playing with cards that feel like toilet paper because of age/use.
>>
>>54813011
They will never reprint Tainted Pact, at least not in a commander product. I was surprised they did Lim Dul's Vault in one of the earlier ones iirc.
>>
>>54812908
The word "considered" really is the operative word here, man.
>>
File: kherumindeater.jpg (40KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
kherumindeater.jpg
40KB, 265x370px
So, besides This fun guy, is there any new jank in C17 for Scarab god?
>>
>>54812769
Colombia, and I hate that shit. Eldritch horror in general makes me cringe because unless it's a horror book with a self-contained story, the "impossible unbeatable horror" will invariably be beaten in bullshit ways so that they can continue milking the IP.
>>
>>54812811
Yes.
>>
>>54812787
I own the card and used it frequently in standard. I never noticed the pupils on her nor the mouth in the gut, Or hands, or knee. I guess I was always distracted by the ram on the side of her and wondering how that fit in.

That said, she's really suspect to removal in response to you saccing three of your creatures, essentially leaving you 1-for-4'd. And in most cases in EDH, how relevant will sac 3 of your creature be? Also BBB is a bitch.
>>
>>54812769
>>54812944
Such a fucking shame it was a small set.
>>
>>54813044
Taigam
>>
>>54812908
30lp 1v1, 20lp 1v1 and EDH are completely different metagames.
Baral is tier 1 in 30lp, Zurgo is tier 1 in 20lp. Both are shit in multi. Atraxa and Meren are extremelly powerful in multiplayer, but weak in 1v1.

Hell, Zur is the best of the best commanders ever in 1v1 no matter the lp. But in multi it usually only beats tables of cripples or people who've never played against it.
>>
>>54813044
The tribal stuff can work if you are in heavy zombies, especially that card draw enchantment.

Taigem is generic, but fuels graveyard and lets you use milled lands for something.

Magus and Lich seem worth zombifying. Portal Mage and Gravehate Removal Vamp also seem good.
>>
>>54813111
As I said there are no stats and there can not be stats with the current systems we have for tracking amount of play and winrate of decks in normal commander hence the reference to the tier list.
>>
>>54813118
Gravehate Removal Vamp while you want to reanimate things in their yard?
>>
>>54812897
Apart from the commanders, there's 5 new vampires vs 7 wizards, 6 cats and 4 Dragons.
I think 22 non-creature cards were a waste. Every tribe should've had at least 10 new creatures.
>>
>>54813066
The real shame is the two-set block meaning it was about a week between them revealing Emrakul's return and then sealing her in the moon. SoI would have significantly benefited from three sets, way more than the original Innistrad did.
>>
>>54813066
If you want more of the Eldritch Moon setting, play Bloodborne. I swear, some WOTC executive saw the E3 trailer and immediately ordered a set designed around Lovecraftian Victorian Gothic horror. There's about a two year gap between the trailer and SOI's release, so it seems plausible to me.
>>
>>54813032
With Vampiric Tutor and Balance in Eternal Masters, I don't think there's any "nevers" anymore unless it's literally in the resserved list.
>>
>>54813232
Already have played Bloodborne and loving it. They had planned for Emrakul on Innistrad for a really long time though, IIRC.
>>
>>54813232
They have plans for blocks in iirc a 7 or 8 year plan set up, and plan story beats that far out usually. Someone pitched Emrakul invades Innistrad quite a while back at an off site meeting. Innistrad already had the Bloodborne aesthetic, and then once you mix in eldritch horror aspects the similarities are inevitable and purely accidental. They don't just make the set in two months despite how it may seem sometimes.
>>
>>54813260
Notice I qualified with in a commander set.
>>
I hope we get the full lists tomorrow, I want to pick whatever's in my buylist that doesn't get reprinted before assfaggots have time to speculate.
>>
>>54813277
There was a MaRo-led 7 year plan that designed what they wanted Standard to be during those 7 years but that was dropped with BFZ because it was draconian as fuck and WotC is trying to design sets faster so they can react to mistakes. And from artists we know that a set's flavor and art is made a year in advance of release for "flavor-first" planes and nine months in advance for "mechanics-first" planes.
>>
File: Falkenrath Aristocrat.jpg (108KB, 620x436px) Image search: [Google]
Falkenrath Aristocrat.jpg
108KB, 620x436px
>>54813046

I can understand that- promising to bring something that is more spooky and more monstrous every time can lead to diminishing returns. I adore body horror, though, so from an artistic perspective, it's pretty sweet.

What is the MTG scene like in Colombia? Presumably you play commander, but is it your primary format? Are there a lot of people? a lot of shops? I love hearing about MTG in places outside of burgerland.

Are non-mutated, more traditional draculas more of your thing?
>>
File: Stromkirk Occultist.png (140KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Stromkirk Occultist.png
140KB, 223x311px
>>54813066

I love vampires out of black, and Innistrad is one of the first times where I really noticed it in force. The aesthetic of Eldritch Moon was hella my jam.

This draculer has been doing very well in my mono red deck as a way of providing gas.
>>
>>54813371
Not that anon, but I really like this art. It has a nice simplicity and emits regality.
>>
>>54813231
I can't wait for Dominaria so we don't have to put up with small set limitations anymore.

>>54813277
I seriously doubt they planned a return to Innistrad three years before Innistrad came out. Maybe vague story beats are planned out that far in advance, but they don't literally have sets and planes planned eight years before they hit the shelves. A two, maybe one-and-a-half year development cycle per standard block seems much more likely, given how swiftly they canned the two-set block structure, masterpieces in every set, and the like.
>>
If there's enough good stuff in it, I might get Vamps because I like Mardu.
>>
>>54813402
>>
File: Elesh Norn Wallpaper.jpg (758KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Elesh Norn Wallpaper.jpg
758KB, 1280x960px
>>54813402

It's one of my favorite pieces of MTG art for those reasons- patrician taste, fellow anon.

I get the same vibes from my favorite card/card art.
>>
>>54813232
>>54813271
Bloodborne's director, Hidetaka Miyazaki, is an avowed Magic the Gathering fan. There's a picture of his work desk and he's got a Tempest copy of Reflecting Pool sitting out on it. From interviews, Miyazaki stated development on Blooborne began when they finished with Artorias of the Abyss in 2011, meaning it was right in the swing of Innistrad block's spoiler season and release.

There's a very real possibility Innistrad fed into Bloodborne and then Bloodborne fed into Shadows.
>>
Kinda disappointed we didn't get Jodah, Jhoira, Teferi, or a new Lim-Dul, but at least there's a good chance we'll get at least one of them in Dominaria come next year. Mairsil is nice though.
>>
>>54813461
>new Lim-Dul
Should be grateful we got one at all.
Dude was nothing more that a meatsack for Mairsil to inhabit.
>>
>>54813406
It's not literally 7 years ahead. We know how long the dev cycle for the actual set is/was but I forget off the top of my head. I seem to recall that technically speaking the dev cycle started after the first trailer of bloodborne because this isn't the first time nor the last that someone implies Bloodborne had anything to do with the development of SOI block. I don't recall if it was ever said exactly when, but the pitch for Emrakul on Innistrad was well before development actually started on the set.
>>
>>54813473
He was pretty big as a character on Shandalar and his body-swapping exploits led to a lot of shit going wrong for a lot of people.
>>
>>54813418
Jokes on you, I like this version of the art too.
>>
>>54813371
>Are non-mutated, more traditional draculas more of your thing?
Yes, the traditional vampire look has been pretty abandoned for a very long time with Castlevania's Dracula as the only representative while everything else tries to be "urban fantasy" or 30-days of night rip offs. I want me some superstrong cuties that turn into mist or bat swarms god dammit!

Colombia is super dead, 12 Standard Spikes at the largest store in town is considered a successful FNM. I've been to Mexico City and their attendance numbers aren't much larger but Mexico has 32 LGS at less than 15min subway rides from each other while Medellin has only 8 in a 200 mile radius.

I usually just play Commander at home with my friends from college.
>>
>>54813406
>I seriously doubt they planned a return to Innistrad three years before Innistrad came out

They absolutely did.
>>
>>54813451
Hidetaka Miyazaki is a huge westaboo in general and god damn do I love him for it. He's put more work into his world than most Americans do when it comes to western fantasy rpgs.

I thought a zweihander was some shit he made up like you know how Americans will mash Japanese words together to make it sound cool? I thought he did that but with European words but nope ancient Germans were crazy.

The man is a blessing.

>First thing that happens in Dark Souls is a dragon genocide and the only remaining ones are rotting and half dead or a super gimp who's blind and has tentacles for hind legs

This pleased me greatly since Skyrim fucking ruined dragons.
>>
>>54813461
Lim-Dûl is dead, so we can't see him in a standard set unless some time travel shenanigans happen (with Teferi, that could happen), but the others are likely possibilities.
>>
>>54813523
I was mostly referring to Jodah, Jhoira, and Teferi anyway. Jodah has still yet to get a card and Teferi and Jhoira could really use some new ones (preferably UW for Teferi and Jhoira could possibly be the UR artifact commander people have been clamoring for).
>>
>>54813507
I dont know about that, but they knew during he development of BFZ that SOI was coming after it even with the initial block plan theme dafter tue three titans and the switch to two blocks. The plan was probably originally to have Emrakul mysteriously disappear, saving them from losing to her, since they had no help from Liliana and Tamiyo yet, after dealing with Kozi and Ula and the story proceeds like it did from there with the reveal that it was Nahiri that attracted Emrakul away from Zendikar. Thats my guess of how they were going to originally do it.
>>
>>54813492

presumably then, classic Innistrad vampires are relevant to your interests

While it's unfortunate that the stores are so quiet, kitchen table commander is the ultimate in MTG technology.

I mostly do the same- I have a game store within walking distance from my house, but I also play primarily with people I know very well.

what would you say is popular in your corner of South America?

also do you play with Spanish language cards or English? or Japanese?
>>
>>54811997
Thanks, man. You're the mvp
>>54813425
Both are done by Igor Kieryluk I believe. Dude is super hit or miss these days.
>>
>>54813231
It's weird thinking that the entire plot as depicted in Eldritch Moon's cards takes place over the course of like five fours.
>>
>>54813507
The last seven year plan started at Zendikar and ended at Khans of Tarkir. From then on they've moved to a three year plan and their very first three year plan went to shit three times and is now going to shit again.
>BFZ block was three sets
>Wait no, now it's two and we have to divide the third in two for SOI-EMN
>Hey, now Standard is 18 months, swap Amonkhet and Kaladesh so discard zombies doesn't get too strong
>Wait no, people complaned and Standard is now 2 years again
>Why did you swap Amonkhet and Kaladesh? now we have to ban cards because shit's too op!
>No we can't ban Gideon, he's our Superman, ban some other shit
>It doesn't matter if we have to ban 20 cards, you can't ban Gideon
>Why did you release Marvel before that card that kills X artifacts? What do you mean that one is in Amonkhet? It's still 9 months away! Ban something other than Marvel we have to move more boosters!
>Ban cat.
>What do you mean we're still trending downwards in sales? People don't like small sets? Fuck them!.
>Ok no more small sets, design Dominaria 2 to be big.
>Also it now has to be a core set.
>And design two Masters sets for 2017.

I would've loved to be the fly in MaRo's office wall.
>>
>>54813580
Most people play with english because it's the most avaliable. All our pre-release packs are in spanish tho.
People over here mostly only play Standard of Commander. Other formats are 100% dead save for Modern when there's a Modern RPTQ and the same 50 people who play all the "big" Modern tournaments show up.
>>
File: 1468368033807.jpg (56KB, 953x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468368033807.jpg
56KB, 953x960px
>>54813652
>>54813231
Honest to god this is what annoyed me most about the 2 block sets. Especially when Wizards said they'd be putting more emphasis on the story. It's like introduction, rising action, climax. Like Amonkhet's first block should have been the plane before Bolas. Then the second set a timegap after he got there and the Goatwatch showed up, then third set Bolas comes back with the corrupted gods.

This is fucking storywriting 101.
>>
>>54813694
Almost everything after the first sentence is a lie or exaggeration. And Im not even sure about first sentence. I just know they said in story podcast they did story beats as far as 8 years ahead so I assumed they still did the 7 year block plan.
>>
>>54813731
Honestly, Kaladesh and Amonkhet were both fine as two-set blocks. BfZ and SoI were mistakes though.
>>
>>54811969
Guess what faggot, there's 7 billion people in the world, nothing about you is special
>>
File: 1502136280480.jpg (72KB, 574x430px) Image search: [Google]
1502136280480.jpg
72KB, 574x430px
>>54813694
>And design two Masters sets for 2017.

Works for me since Masters Boxes are all I buy these days.

>mfw when autists at my lgs want me to trade away good shit like Doubling Season, Cavern of Souls, and Aether Vials when all they have is Standard peanuts
>>
File: 1501705192478.png (122KB, 307x354px) Image search: [Google]
1501705192478.png
122KB, 307x354px
>mfw all this gothic horror talk
>mfw all this vampire talk
>mfw i prefer classic fantasy
>mfw i just like elves, fairies and goblins
>mfw we will never see Lorwyn again
>>
>>54813731
The two block set up seemed fine to me. First set is worldbuilding, second set is shit goes down. Not having a seperate resolution set is what made the story feel rushed but eh. Its not unbearable.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_DsOtMZtzV5.jpg (89KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_DsOtMZtzV5.jpg
89KB, 850x500px
so mairsil is a woman right
>>
File: Doran.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Doran.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>54813807

Everyone is allowed their tastes. I thought some aspects of Lorwyn block were a bit too goofy for my tastes, and it felt weird that there were no humans, but I don't think it was bad. I loved the eerie feel of a lot of the fey-inspired stuff.

plus the treefolk, bitches love treefolk.
>>
>>54813834
No.
>>
>>54813859
is there like a source for that? the art looks like a 50-something woman.
>>
>>54813882
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/mairsil-pretender-2017-08-10
>>
>>54813897
thanks. hopefully i'm not the only one who gets an old lady vibe from this.
>>
>>54813834
Merely pretending to be one.
>>
>>54813807
I wonder if we'll ever see a traditional sci-fi plane. Not magitech/steampunk inspired like Kaladesh, but like full on, space ships, ray guns, alien invasions, cheesy 50's cinema science fiction. That'd be really cool to see that mix with the traditional fantasy elements
>>
>>54813945
>That'd be really cool to see that mix with the traditional fantasy elements
the way you describe it sounds like there is no fantasy elements
>>
>>54813945
Explicitly no.
MtG is a fantasy game and they've said Mirrodin is the closest to Sci Fi it will ever get.
>>
>>54813763
The main story thread they're working with comes from Alara. But mechanically everything else is right. SOI block was originally the third set of BFZ block. Amonkhet was originally coming after BFZ block. And they start R&D for each set 30 months before release which gives them 24 months of development before delivering the files for printing and distribution.
>>
>>54813834
Either he has 4 fingers or holds his wand in the faggiest way possible.
>>
>>54813959
Well obviously mana and magic would still exist, plus you could have the Gatewatch or any other walkers show up and have to adapt to the world they're in.

>>54813964
Aw well, fair enough
>>
>>54813990
The latter.
>>
File: dooku.png (371KB, 541x617px) Image search: [Google]
dooku.png
371KB, 541x617px
>>54813834
>wand is curved
>>
>>54813969
SOI wasnt "originally the third set" for BFZ block, the switch to two blocks was before they were even out of exploratory design for the set BFZ, and Amonkhet and Kaladesh switched places but it was for story reasons with the mechanical concern of graveyard centric blocks right next to each other being redundant.
>>54813990
>Long hair, painted fingernails
which do you think?
>>
When will we find out what reprints will be in the precons?

What if they reprint Flusterstorm in the Wizard precon?
>>
>>54814077
Flusterstorm is going to be a Mythic in Iconic Masters. You heard it here first.
>>
New to Magic.

Where should I start?
>>
File: 1358057341807.jpg (38KB, 526x522px) Image search: [Google]
1358057341807.jpg
38KB, 526x522px
>/tg/ is okay with literally starting the game with an emblem as long as you pay Wizards money
>People that don't pay Wizards money start the game off at disadvantage because they don't get an emblem and this is somehow okay in a multiplayer experience

I know MtG will never not be pay to win but you guys should really have a problem with stuff like this.
>>
>>54814077
>What if they reprint Flusterstorm in the Wizard precon?
huge fucking price spike
they won't do it though because fuck any reprints of significant value
>>
File: 4[1].jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
4[1].jpg
71KB, 312x445px
Mathas seems like he could be pretty fun.
>>
>>54814102
the effects aren't nearly as strong as planeswalker emblems
besides maybe the fucking wizard one, that one is crazy
and it's not just "pay money, get emblem at start of game", you only get 4 commanders to pick from
complain about command tower and other commander-specific cards that are pretty much must-haves, those are a much bigger problem because those literally do go in every commander deck
>>
>>54814102

Yeah but I want to Goad all of my opponent's creatures, anon.
>>
File: 56[1].jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
56[1].jpg
62KB, 312x445px
What are some tech cards you're considering for Mairsil?
>>
>>54814233
Staff of Domination seems like the most obvious choice
>>
File: 60[1].jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
60[1].jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>54814233
>>
>>54814142
They're still good though, yes even the giant growth for cats. You buy a product and you get an emblem, and people that don't buy the product don't get an emblem. This is only okay in the giga-casual realm of EDH where buying your way to turn 1 advantage is a real thing that now exists and is okay.

FREE FUCKING WIZARD CLONES, NO ENCHANTMENT, NO ARTIFACT, JUST F R E E C L O N E S for a nominal fee
>>
>>54814318
>You buy a product and you get an emblem,
Wrong again, you faggot, you buy a fucking entire commander deck and you get a commander that has a lite-emblem effect.
>completely ignoring the fucking put-these-in-every-deck commander cards
Path of Ancestry is more of a problem than any of the commanders printed in this set.
>>
Woo. Finally sorted all my cards out and culled the useless uncommons and commons. Now I can get back to updating/building decks.
>>
File: 1417885304557.jpg (56KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1417885304557.jpg
56KB, 530x600px
>>54814353
>Wrong again you don't get an emblem you get an emblem lite

That's some top tier rationalizing for someone that's gonna buy their way to an advantage and not call it that
>>
>>54814102
>People that don't pay Wizards money start the game off at disadvantage

This has literally always been true. How do you even play the game if you don't pay wizards in some way? You sound genuinely retarded.

Second off, none of the legendary cards with Eminence are better than already existing generals and decks. The only legendary that is better is Kess, which is for sure going to be an improvement on grixis storm over jeleva, who didn't actually do anything for the deck.

Go ahead and keep telling people that they are chumps for buying cards while you try to play the game with bits of string and couple rocks though, it's decent bait if you aren't an actual retard. Made me reply.
>>
>>54814102
Buy the shit on the secondary market. Now it wasn't you that gave Wizards money. Better yet, proxy your entire deck.
>>
File: 129[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
129[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>54814233
>>
how many EDH decks do you guys typically have?
>>
File: 1329606016315.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1329606016315.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
>>54814371
>buy their way to an advantage
Like everyone else who bought a Sol Ring and Command Tower?
>>
Post perverted cards
>>
>>54814400
I keep mine in fat pack boxes, so I' try to keep it at 4 so that they all fit in 2 boxes.
>>
>>54814400
I have four, one that's highly competitive, one that's somewhat competitive, and two for fun/lower level tables. I'm gonna be dismantling the somewhat competitive one and converting it into something else once these precons come out
>>
>>54814371
If you don't buy magic cards how do you get magic cards? I don't see your reasoning.
>>
File: 12[1].jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
12[1].jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>54814233
>>
>>54814400
Me, seven. >>54814369 I finished Hapatra, so I need to update that image. I used to have a Shattergang, but I broke it down for Zada. I can make Brion and Mimeoplasm without breaking anything else down, though I will be switching some stuff out of Molimo for Mim. So that'll be nine.

I play with two friends regularly. One friend has...four decks now. Olivia (who will become Edgar Markov), Daxos, a partner deck with Ravos and Ikra Shidiqi, and Breya.

My other friend has around 18 or so decks. The number's in flux. He's a serial deck-builder and has everything from some very well-tuned, dangerous decks to shits-n-giggles stuff.
>>
>>54814102
Alesha, Brago, Sidisi, Marchesa and Narset can all beat tables where the other people are playing 3x among Atraxa, Breya, Meren, Oloro, Kaalia, Nekusar, Prossh and Karador.

Yes, WotC pushes the Commander generals too fucking hard. But they still make enough good legends off-product for us special snowflakes to brew and beat them.
>>
File: 1425963018691.jpg (62KB, 625x342px) Image search: [Google]
1425963018691.jpg
62KB, 625x342px
>>54814385
>>54814388
>>54814408
>>54814438
>Durr there's no difference between buying regular cards for a deck and buying high priced precons specifically made for kids that need even more goofy gimmicks to play a game of magic

I know you guys have to defend your masters, it's the same in every general, but it's clear you can't defend Eminence even a little bit and pretending not to know the difference between buying any card for any deck and buying an $80 emblem to start the game with.
>>
File: 53[1].jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
53[1].jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>54814233
>>
>>54814400
I can build up to 13 different decks but everything I don't play in Legacy is a single because fuck buying 10x each fetchland.
>>
>>54814493
> and buying high priced precons
What the fuck are you talking about?
Just buy the emblem you want, you act as if no one sells the commanders as singles.
>>
File: 237[1].jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
237[1].jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>54814233
The one thing Dralnu is good for now that Kess exists.
>>
>>54814493
You lost your any chance of being subtle when you said $80

It wasnt a bad attempt at trolling while it lasted, but looks like it's over friend. Enjoy your (you)
>>
>>54813418
Wait, some cards got alternate Eldrazi'd art?
>>
>>54814513
You cant paradox combo with Kess though. Or at least not as easily.
>>
>>54814517
No, Igor just drew it for funsies.
>>
>>54814517
btw someone correct me on this but aren't undead immune to emrakuls influence? Are Inistrad vampires undead or are they living creatures like zendikar ones?
>>
File: 1336077685705.jpg (28KB, 396x500px) Image search: [Google]
1336077685705.jpg
28KB, 396x500px
>>54814516
And enjoy telling yourself any game you win with your free emblem was done through skill or understanding of the game and not monetary influence.
>>
>>54814550
Innistrad vampires aren't undead.
That's why Sorin can be a vampire and a planeswalker, since undead can't normally have active sparks.
>>
>>54814550
Innistrad vamps are still living. Absurdly durable but living.

>>54814546
>drew my Falkenreath Aristocrat in my early Magic career and loved her ever since
>honestly thought she was memrakuled
Scared me for a sec.
>>
>>54814565
So any game you win through comboing of doubling season is won through skill and not because you have 50trumprubel card while your opponents don't?
>>
>>54814565
>that one guy that is infinitely butthurt that my dragon spells cost 1 colorless less to cast and thinks that any game lost is entirely for this reason
I can only imagine you flipping the table when a command tower is played.
>>
>>54814565
I don't think you are going to get it back this way. Try focusing on the power level next thread for more results. Make it clear that you think they are absurd and more powerful than anything wotc has ever printed. Use the same argument that people that hate rift use and say that no other card does exactly the same thing, so it is more powerful than any other effect.

For maximum (you) try to imply that tribal is the strongest deck type too.

I expect to see you next thread with improved results.
Should I call you stock meme anon, or have you already done some good work we should know you by?
>>
>>54814577
>>54814566
So living vamps:
Innistrad
Zendikari
Aetherborn(if we count them as vamps)

Undead
Tarkir ones
Classic Sengirs

Jury out:
Mirrodin
Ravnica
>>
>>54814565
I in fact win by tilting people like you by playing my Judge Foil Rishadan Port.
I don't even need to activate it, they just see it and stop playing altofether, just sitting there, waiting to die.
>>
>>54814648
Wasn't Baron Sengir really REALLY strong lore wise? We should have got him as some
Ormendahl type creature rather than Edgar
>>
>>54814648
>Ravnica
Moroii are living beigns. And if Lazav was alive, Mirko and other psychic vamps should also be, they don't even look pale.
Others like Cartel Aristocrat and Necropolis Regent are undisclosed.
>>
>>54814691
Sengir was strong enough that Serra and Feroz together feared to fight him.
Modern WotC would make him worse than Ludevic.
I'd rather not.
>>
File: 53.jpg (289KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
289KB, 672x936px
>>54814423
I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going
>>
What's the best magic setting and why is it Kamigawa?
>>
>>54814691
>Baron Sengir

I mean, he already has a card though. And by the standard of the time he was a powerhouse.
>>
>>54814778
You have a really weird way of spelling Mirrodin.
>>
>>54814778
I enjoy Inistrad and liked Odyssey time Dominaria
>>
anyone up for commander on chickatrice?
>>
>>54814778
That is not how you spell Lorwyn.
>>
>>54814778
Kaladesh would be the best to live in before local girl ruined everything.
>>
>>54814788
You have weird way of spelling Phyrexia.
>>
>>54814778
that isn't how you spell innistrad
>>
>>54814778
I liked Amonkhet...
>>
>>54814808
>>54814805
>>54814804
>>54814794
>>54814788
You all die, congratulations.
>>
>>54814805
Mine's just a bit of an older spelling.
>>
File: 30[1].jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
30[1].jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>54814816
You wish you could die,
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>54814778
Lorwyn
>>
File: 14481726010450.png (239KB, 937x378px) Image search: [Google]
14481726010450.png
239KB, 937x378px
>>54814815
You must be one very boring person.
>>
>>54814825
This spelling is outdated and inefficient. Scrap it and rebuild it into new glorious shape
>>
File: 1499904050397.jpg (44KB, 534x403px) Image search: [Google]
1499904050397.jpg
44KB, 534x403px
>>54814565
>trying this hard to stir up shit about eminence

Oloro has been a thing for four years, and has an emblem ability rivaling any of the eminence commanders. If he was as good as you're implying, he'd be going for more than 2.5 cheeseburgers online.
>>
File: 1498596435456.jpg (25KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1498596435456.jpg
25KB, 665x574px
>Friend keeps showing up with absurdly powerful generals like Animar, Zur etc

>"No guys, it's not that sort of Animar deck, I know I just slammed Cloudstone Curio and 20 guys while drawing half my deck but it's fine."
>Kill him before he rapes the table with 7000 fucking dudes
>He spends the reminder of the night telling me how he couldn't have done anything anyway and I was just being dumb

Why do people do this? If you don't want to get killed first stop playing this shit.
>>
>>54814869
I love Egypt mythology
>>
File: Packed.png (594KB, 795x370px) Image search: [Google]
Packed.png
594KB, 795x370px
>>54814233
Initiate the shenanigans.
>>
>>54814982
Well I also get salty when I'm targeted but I play meren and jeleva so I kinda deserve what I get. Funny thing I have best win ratio wit my karlof with goes mostly ignored through the game
>>
File: 109.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
109.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>54814233
Tree of Perdition. Target player's life total becomes 4.
>>
Inalla + Flameshadow + sundial might be fun- get 2 copies of each wizard, and then keep the tokens by ending the turn when the trigger is on the stack.
>>
File: 94[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
94[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>54815050
Combine it to command damage the shit out of people.
>>
File: retard olympics.png (94KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
retard olympics.png
94KB, 500x273px
>>54815029

>Getting salty when people target you

Why not just goldfish at home and tell everyone how good your deck is if you hate playing the game?
>>
Will Ixalan be a good expansion or just WE WUZ AZTECS N SHIEEET leftypol shit
>>
>>54815104
I think you are pulling a bit too much out of my post.
>>
>>54815140
>Will Ixalan be a good expansion or just WE WUZ AZTECS N SHIEEET leftypol shit
Yes
>>
>>54815140
Politics are not directly related to quality of cards and game mechanics you know?
>>
>>54815214
Is this what you actually believe?
>>
>>54815259
I'm with him
Yes, politics and mechanics are two different things
>>
>>54815259
Your coffee tastes different if its in green or blue cup?
>>
>>54814369
Could you recommend anything for my wort spell slinger deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/goblin-parade-1/
>>
>>54815182

You literally said "I get salty when I'm targeted."

Idiot
>>
>>54814982
Decks like those basically begin the game as the Archenemy. The problem arises when asshats don't realize they signed up to be Archenemy when they brought their ticking combo timebomb deck to the table.
>>
>>54815294
Look you are a bit dense but it's ok. I'm sure your mom still loves you

You can get salty during the game and still enjoy the game. In the same sentence I mentioned that I understand the reasons why they do this. So take a step backwards and hit yourself with your binder.

Best regards
>>
>>54815315
>tfw you love combo and storm
>tfw you don't wanna be a dick every session so you try building playing jank
>tfw your casual self takes over and your jank ends up underpowered because of flavor
At least I get to goldfish in peace...
>>
>>54815335
What are you building when fishing for flavor?
>>
>>54815335
Play Janky storm, like Zada.
>>
when do we get the c17 decklists?
>>
>>54815384

When you preorder.
>>
File: Image (4).jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
34KB, 223x310px
Does anyone else use worse versions/bad cards to get the best art?
>>
>>54815342
Stupid shit like Zedruu based around donating goat tokens and then picking them back up to one-shot with mirrorweave.

Lets not even talk about Jaya attempts.
>>
>>54815402
Hmm dunno if this is what you mean but when I built Anafenza I used only tarkir lands and tried to fit as many abzan cards into the deck. I was even torn if I should includ dromoka
>>
>>54815140
leftypol hates mexicans.
Watch the aztecs be villains and the mostly black pirates be the "opressed" heroes of the set while vampires only serve to play the "villify the catholic church" card yet again.
>>
>>54815415
Eh don't feel bad. I still haven't figured how do I want to go about my hoofed-creatures tribal
>>
Has anyone ever tried Archenemy EDH? What builds work best for the Archenemy?
>>
>>54814778
Everybody loves Kamigawa.

My answer is New Phyrexia.
>>
>>54815460
Yeah Kamigawa was win in terms of flavor. Thou it was Phyrexia that got me back into MTG
>>
File: 2014-mirris-guile-cropped.jpg (114KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
2014-mirris-guile-cropped.jpg
114KB, 464x664px
>>54815418
Things like i'd take parallel evolution over Second harvest or ill get promos for better art like cultivate. Ill also stick to tribal themes in decks and keep a theme going, theres just something nice about having an aesthetically pleasing themed deck to play and play against

also am I an asshole for running pic related
>>
>>54815475
Oy this is a fine card forgot it exists(still wouldn't put it in my decks bacause I tend to stick to one type of borders - I'm autistic like that)
>>
>>54811357
zada all in combo
>>
>>54815499
you only play white bordered cards? I always avoided those
>>
>>54815516
Nah I'm talking about old vs modern ones. I prefer the modern ones but if I would put together some old legend deck I would only use card in old borders. I also avoid cards from first mirrodin because they stick out like sore thumb.

I have a buddy thou who puts only white border basics in his decks with I don't get at all
>>
>>54811047
t. sore loses
>>
>>54811304
Well, considering voltron is the worst archetype for EDH.
>>
>>54811357
I'm still to get hated out with Vial random damages, and I still get at least half the wins during my edh nights.
>>
>>54811882
So you're getting mad at a company just because you were stupid.
>>
>>54815140
Can't wait for vamps to blow them out of the water with the power of Christ.
>>
>>54815140
>Aztecs
Don't fucking tell me that Ixalan isn't a based pirate setting.

Why should I give a fucking shit about native people?
>>
>>54816082
Most of the cards I've seen are pirates and dinosaurs. And baby sun titan

So looks like that is focus of the set
>>
File: Download.jpg (8KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
8KB, 219x230px
Decklists when? REEEEE
>>
>>54811997
what are these?
>>
>>54815430
The vampire conquistadores/not!cath church! seem a great idea but i also fear will be a sort of political shit like kaladesh and the "government is bad"retard.
Also White vampires like White zombie are fucking rad.
>>
>>54811041
>>54811072
>>54811087
It's gonna be vampires. They already said so in an article.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/vampirism-101-2017-08-09

>Since I was the lead developer of the set, Blake (our content manager) is particularly vulnerable to puppy-dog eyes, and this card is in the Vampire deck, I have a special bonus preview card I get to sneak in at the end!
>>
>>54814400
Seven atm, but four of those are basically stock precons. I haven't played for a year :(
>>
>>54814095
Buying cards.
>>
>>54814095
Not with EDH
>>
>>54814427
Do you double sleeve?
Single sleeved can get up to 3 in every fatpack box.
>>
>>54814400
Five, brewing two more. Also I'll probably buy the 4 precons depending on the reprints we see, and of those I might keep the vampire one to upgrade while I dismantle the rest.
>>
>>54814493
Kek. your picture sums up your post really well.
>>
>>54816368
Why? It has cool hero characters and I heard you guys keep talking shit about the normal version of Magic.
>>
>>54815259
Teferi doesn't turn into a horrible card just because the art depicts a black man.
Alesha doesn't turn into a horrible card just because the art depicts a trap.
>>
New

>>54816606
>>54816606
>>54816606
>>54816606
>>
>>54815016
Why is Mirror Gallery sitting at $8?
>>
>>54811304
Sram specifically fixes mono-white's biggest issue, which is very limited options for card draw.
>>
>>54813138
Only greedy people avoid grave hate just because they run reanimator.
>>
>>54813649
Kieryluk's stuff has always been hit or miss.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.