[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1667: Time Travel Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 666
Thread images: 73

File: jumpchain intro.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain intro.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Discord
https://discord.gg/wDQVYng

>Last Thread
>>54800295
>>
>>54808338
Is it possible for us to add species to our empire post-jump?
>>
>>54808355
Oh yeah, I can add that easily while I'm still here.

>>54808360
They already do with the Hivemind Perk.

>>54808428
It was meant more like you had to switch out with them so even though you could have like a hundred powers you still have to switch between them, but honestly I just realized Sylar never had to do that in canon. However I think I'll keep it for non-Heroes powers.

>>54808440
Basically if you're trying to learn magic that your body is completely incapable of learning then you could shift yourself, if it's based on the soul however, you'd need to get a good look at the soul instead. If the power is based on something like their genetics then you'll need to study that instead of their brain.

>>54808530
Yes.

>>54808544
I'm thinking of lowering the cost a bit to like 600 CP now. I'll need some more opinions though.
>>
What are some jumps with clowns?

Real clowns, not people dressed like them.
>>
>>54808604
Aren't all clowns just people dressed like clowns, when you think about it?
>>
File: 0ec03c0d994e171ac1aa32c49eb84d6e.jpg (333KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
0ec03c0d994e171ac1aa32c49eb84d6e.jpg
333KB, 1600x900px
SHOW ME YA THRONE ROOMS.
>>
>>54808604
Soul Eater
>>
File: Sarge.jpg (158KB, 800x615px) Image search: [Google]
Sarge.jpg
158KB, 800x615px
Alright does anyone have a list of training perks, can you please show me?
>>
File: pc-48334-21351320738.jpg (67KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pc-48334-21351320738.jpg
67KB, 800x600px
>>54808604
That's it, I'm making a Kiss Psycho Circus Jump

jk i'm lazy
>>
>>54808604
Aren't all people just clowns dressed like people, when you think about it?
>>
>>54808680
The real clowns were the friends we made along the way
>>
I need a pic of magical girl goku. Or some other highly recognizable not-a-magical-girl character.
>>
>>54808660
do you need perks that help you training or perks that help you training others?
>>
File: weird-furniture-1.jpg (46KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
weird-furniture-1.jpg
46KB, 550x412px
>>54808604
space station 13, soul eater, Hero BBS

>>54808625
Throne rooms are for fancy folks And figureheads. I've got a office like a real leader
>>
>>54808706
Both would be good but mainly looking for self-training ones atm.
>>
File: jeanne alter lily peek.png (60KB, 122x262px) Image search: [Google]
jeanne alter lily peek.png
60KB, 122x262px
Toss me a techy jump with adventures
>>
>>54808601
Can Spacetime Manipulation or other forms of time travel be used to go to specific time periods even with Displaced in Time, with the drawback still making it hard to stay in one time period? If you can't you effectively don't get to interact with the plot, except by improbably small chance.

Also, would you consider putting some of the rules of Hiro style time travel in the notes?
>>
>>54808537
>Only works in places that explicitly allow time travel as part of their cosmology.
Nope, that was changed, you dumbass.
>>
>>54808723
Armored Core
>>
>>54808694
So... You want a sailor super saiyan soldier Goku? That's a disturbing mental image.
>>
>>54808723
Asura's Wrath or Destiny
>>
>>54808723
Rick and Morty
>>
>>54808723
Custom robo for tournament arcs.

gundam for politics

Metroid for Birb imoutos.
>>
>>54808723
rick and Morty or blame!
>>
>>54806783
>>54807298
>>54807760
>Items and Equipent
Some of these aren't items and some should be buffed heavily, increased in price, and added to the Cheats section. Did I mention the Cheats section needs more options?

>Items - Human
Dimensional Storage, more of a power than an item and would be better tied to Gamer than to an Origin. It is good that it is priced low though as while it is most tied to Game based ones it is very common in Isekai in general so it is reasonable to pick up even without a discount.

Smartphone, really? In Isekai where this is relevant it is part of a cheat. This is somthing that should just be included in any Cheats that could be used through one. On it's own it isn't worth paying CP.

Skill Orbs, these are somewhat weird. Not sure what to think of them and I can't think of any Isekai stories I have read that have something to compare them to.

>Items - monster
Radical accessory is fine, not that great of an item but not really bad either.

Territory is also fine, some land that will ward off anyone weaker than our group. Again fine but nothing particularly special either.

Absorptive Stomach is just something that might be a feature of your race and applying it to other alt forms. Not an item and not worth the price.

>Items - Sentient Item
Sheathe is an item with a minor healing effect, this is fine as a 100 CP item. Nothing good or bad to say about this one

Golem Formula, meh. You could easily get this in setting if it exists in setting. It is not horrible but this could be better or be something else.

Gacha is disappointing but its issues was gone over in length already in the thread the jump was originally posted in. Short version is buff, increase price, add to cheats.

cont.
>>
>>54808601
>It was meant more like you had to switch out with them so even though you could have like a hundred powers you still have to switch between them, but honestly I just realized Sylar never had to do that in canon. However I think I'll keep it for non-Heroes powers.

So we'll have the ability to Sylar the Heroes powers, but post jump it'll be a library of our endeavors in-jump with Power Copying of out of jump powers?

As an aside, can we make use of our aptitude to use appropriate abilities to grant some of our library to others? As in use some form of biomanipulation to "graft" the Heroes-power ability onto a person.
>>
>>54808734
It could, but you'd still have to spend a great amount of concentration just trying to make sure you don't throw yourself into the Stone Age. It's mentioned in the drawback.
>>
File: gokumoon.png (875KB, 768x936px) Image search: [Google]
gokumoon.png
875KB, 768x936px
>>54808694
Enjoy your Goku Moon.
>>
>>54808833
And the basic rules for Hiro style time travel?
>>
>>54808625
Knowing most jumpers it would always be like this
>>
>>54808867
That picture is fucking horrifying.
>>
>>54808740
Honest question for the thread... was that a good thing?

Do you want time travel to be a thing in all of your jumps, or would you prefer to keep time travel confined to universes where it already happens?

For that matter, do you generally pull out all your powers in response to the situations posed by jumps, or do you prefer to use magic to fight magic, tech to fight tech, and so on?
>>
>>54808878
Two things concern me here:
One, somebody asked for it.
Two, I searched and found something that matched the request.

I think the latter is the most horrifying part.
>>
>>54808895
>Honest question for the thread... was that a good thing?
Yes.
>>
Is there anything like Anti-Chain Damage from NieR available in the chain?

>Turn invincible for 6 seconds after taking damage.

Because I don't really feel comfortable wanking the in-setting chips to be on that level. Could an Exalted Charm feasibly do it?
>>
>>54808904
It's not even a one-off
>>
File: Anna7.png (917KB, 1667x1583px) Image search: [Google]
Anna7.png
917KB, 1667x1583px
>>54808723

Metal gear solid
>>
>>54808895
It means fewer unnecessary limitations, of course it's a good thing.
>>
>>54808723
Code Lyoko
Digital Devil Saga
>>
>>54808723
ms paint future world.
>>
File: Stellaris Jumpchain V.1.5 (1).pdf (631KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Stellaris Jumpchain V.1.5 (1).pdf
631KB, 1x1px
So here's the modified 1.5 of Stellaris. Not many changes really.

>>54808904
My problem is how fucking weird and happy the face looks, and the fact that he has tits.
>>
>>54808921
A Super Mario Thing has a perk for that, although I believe it's only one second of invincibility. There's probably more like it in other platformer jumps.
>>
>>54808895
I'm fine with it. Though there are surprisingly few instances in the chain where it'd actually be useful.
>>
>>54808895
Personally I don't like it, as I don't like dimension traveling perks; for the simple reason that those are powers that should be limited for the spark or else it lose all meaning to get it.
>>
>>54808937
We all have tits, brama.
>>
>>54808895
I'd say it's more a neutral thing. Time travel adds a lot of complications to a narrative, but if people want to take on those complications I see no problem with it. It's not like it being available in the first place is a problem.

As for how I respond to threats, it varies. I usually try to blend in, with only subtle use of our of context powers in the background to enhance my performance. But sometimes you just have to go all out, whether because you need every bit of power you have to deal with a problem or just because you want to make a statement.
>>
>>54808955
>implying the Spark has any meaning to begin with.
>>
>>54808937
>My problem is how fucking weird and happy the face looks, and the fact that he has tits.

Just be glad I didn't grab the one that also had Tuxedo Mask Vegeta in it.
>>
>>54808937
Those are pecs. Freakishly hypertrophied pecs, but pecs all the same. Goku's always had those. It's just more prominent with the tighter top.
>>
>>54808980
If the spark stops having meaning, Jumpchain stops having any meaning.
>>
>>54808992
Give.
>>
>>54808998
Search google images for it. I'm not going to dive that deep ever again.
>>
>>54808996
>If the spark stops having meaning, Jumpchain stops having any meaning.
Not really but it lose an end-goal and become a gradual powergrab
>>
>>54808871
>That son of a bitch
NO! NO! NO!
>>
>>54808955
I think the spark still has meaning so long as dimension traveling can't go cross-continuity. That way there's still meaning to the chain, still a point to going from world to the next along this path. Local multiverses where it's just alternate versions of a world are fine, it's when you can (just for example) leave Gundam and wind up in Harry Potter that it should be post-spark territory.
>>
>>54808996
Jumpchain has whatever meaning you write into it. The spark is just a convenient McGuffin.
>>
File: Sci-Fi Throne Room.jpg (525KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sci-Fi Throne Room.jpg
525KB, 1920x1080px
>>54808625
Something like this, but magitech instead.
>>
>>54808996
The journey is all the meaning it needs, the Spark was just an artificial wall behind which jumpmakers have locked content.
>>
>>54808895
Personally I like the tourist options Time Travel opens up. I don't mind that most of the ones I know of, including Heroes, have a lot of trouble actually changing anything, because I just want to see all those ancient civilizations and see how they really lived, and maybe tease people using pictures of myself with historical figures.
>>
File: Ancient1.jpg (21KB, 360x268px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient1.jpg
21KB, 360x268px
So jumpers, after Ronin Warriors comes out, what evil artifacts though-out the jumpverse should I turn into weapons for a team of <strike>teenagers with attitude</strike> highly trained military special forces?
>>
>>54808895
I like time travel. I'll use it when I think it'll lead to something fun happening, but generally I try not to pre-emptively disarm any kind of conflict. Which is kind of an asshole thing to do, but I am one so...

Depends on the setting and where I stand in terms of powerlevels. I won't hold back if I'd still be in meaningful danger, unless going loud like that would invite even further scrutiny from beings I couldn't hope to deal with. When I'm safe and sound, I actively try to use things inappropriate for the setting. Like superpowers (costume included) in Dresden Files, or the most obnoxiously unreliable and purely subjective of chaos magics in places like Star Trek and Doctor Who.
>>
>>54809027
>Local multiverses where it's just alternate versions of a world are fine
if you can travel to an infinite number universe in your local multiverse the spark has 0 sense
>>
>>54809047
The Greater Grail in Fuyuki.
>>
>>54808921
>Could an Exalted Charm feasibly... turn invincible for 6 seconds after taking damage.

Yes. In fact, there are charms that let you turn invincible for longer than six seconds, and without taking damage. Off the top of my head, consider Inevitability Without Finesse; it globally breaks Fate to guarantee that a single unaugmented attack hits, and then grants a perfect defence against everything until your next turn... on which you can use it again, if you don't mind racking up Paradox, and are confident that making otherwise-mundane attacks is the most useful thing you could be doing in combat.
>>
>>54808723
Bubblegum Crisis 2032
>>
>>54809079
>and are confident that making otherwise-mundane attacks is the most useful thing you could be doing in combat.

Humiliating a cosmic eldritch being by giving them an open-handed slap while they can do nothing can be worthwhile on its own.
>>
>>54809072
"Infinite" is not the same thing as "all-encompassing". For example, there are an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2. 1.1, 1.11, 1.111, etc. But none of those numbers are 3, or even integers. You can have a set that contains an infinite number of things without it containing all possible things. So even if you had dimensional travel that could access an infinite number of universes, that doesn't mean the universe you want to go to is available.
>>
>>54808937
Any chance of a End of Cycle scenario or other Crisis scenarios?
>>
>>54808921
Sure, also you could take Infinity from Seven Deadly Sins to make an Exalted perfect defense last indefinitely. Making you invulnerable to anything that isn't even more Hax than the Supremacy of Defense.
>>
>>54809130
No you couldn't. Infinity only works on spells, charms aren't spells. Spells are something completely different, in Exalted's system.
>>
>>54809118
Same shit, at some point during your chain you could reshape a random planet in an x universe to be the same as any fictional world
>>
Would Singularity from Jorge Joestar mean you don't/can't run into your past selves while time traveling?
>>
>>54809130
Which is a lot of things, since outside of Exalted metaphysics perfect defenses are just very powerful defenses instead of conceptually perfect, since the Shinma aren't available.
>>
>>54809156
Conjoined Conjures + Temple of Thought.

Boom. Charms are spells.
>>
>>54809161
Except that anything you wanted to get from that universe wouldn't be there. And any wider world outside the local scale would also be absent. And it would take far more effort than just going to a parallel world.
>>
>>54809156
No, they're not Sorcery. They're still distinct magical techniques, and thus "spells" in most reasonable interpretations. Also:

>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52946736/#52947498
>>
File: 1498392922557.jpg (34KB, 353x603px) Image search: [Google]
1498392922557.jpg
34KB, 353x603px
>>54808604

What kind of clowns?
>>
>>54809175
No? They would still be perfect anon. It is just that it is possible for something out of context to somehow get through them. They are still conceptual defense.

Things keep working outside of the universe they came from, PDs work outside of creation in setting.
>>
>>54809118
This, pretty much. A power like that is like being able to hop between the different Worm worlds, while in Worm; it's neat to have, and you can exploit the hell out of it, but it won't take you beyond Scion's range.

>>54809175
That's an interesting point that isn't often addressed; how do you think cosmology impacts the applicability of your powers? Most people like to imply that it doesn't, and that anything you can do in one place can be done to full effect in another... but that may not always hold true. Thoughts?
>>
>>54808723
Space station 13.
The adventure is preventing the station from being nuked.
>>
>>54809177
Neither Conjoined Conjures nor Temple of Thought works that way.

>>54809220
I disagree with you, but I don't want to get into an argument and if Val says it's okay (even if I think it shouldn't be), that's that. It works.
>>
File: Ronin Warriors.pdf (158KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ronin Warriors.pdf
158KB, 1x1px
So some minor edits to make the text a bit more understandable in the Second Great Evil perks, the Items, and Blaze. All Drawbacks have names now...

Feedback would be nice.
>>
>>54809156
Val said they count.

Of course that still wouldn't make Charms like that permanent, because those types of Charms don't have variable times based on how much power you put into them.
>>
>>54809232
Okay, yes, they're still conceptual. Sorry, I made a mistake that I myself rather dislike and conflated "conceptual" with "absolute". That's my bad. My point is, outside the jump they're not a guarantee that you'll be safe against all attacks. They're still very good, but don't just walk up to an elder god and poke them for shits and giggles confident that there's nothing they can do to stop you. Always be as paranoid as possible, layer as many defenses on as you can.
>>
>>54809232
They're still conceptual defenses that not a whole lot of people can get around, but I think his point is that since the Shinma enforcing Defense > Offense isn't a thing outside of Exalted settings breaking a PD is actually gonna be theoretically possible, Perfection be damned.
>>
>>54809261
Motherfucker, I already acknowledged that. Are you so incensed that someone suggested that your unstoppable dick-waving combo wouldn't work that you're not even bothering to read the thread? Fuck you.
>>
>>54809261
It should work on "scene length" Charms, regardless of whether it cost more or not, because a scene is of variable length on its own.
>>
>>54809220
Solar charms are meant to be read as a game mechanics interpretation of the skills perfected by a Solar, not as a "distinct magical technique".

There's no such thing, in-setting, as a Heavenly Dividing Blow or whatever. There's just Solars who have perfected their swordsmanship to a level beyond what is humanly possible.
>>
Does Cosmo count as magic... life-force, or is it its own thing?
>>
>>54809312
This. Consider the number of abilities you, as a Jumper, can pick up which let you break through the 'perfect' defences of others. Now consider that it's a big multiverse, and that there exist entities who may have similar abilities, which they will use against you.
>>
>>54809321
That doesn't feel like it really holds up given all the charms that exist.
>>
>>54809338
I'd say it's probably closest to life force or chi, given its association to life and death. It's a primal energy of creation that resonates in living beings, that sounds pretty life force-y to me.
>>
>>54809313
You stupid piece of shit, I said it wouldn't work. Are you fucking illiterate

>>54809316
There aren't any scene length PDs to my knowledge, though.
>>
>>54809338
I'd consider it some kind of spirit energy.
>>
>>54809321
Hilariously Overblown Naming Technique wouldn't be needed if that were the case.
>>
>>54809321
Even though there are Charms that exost in-setting. Okay. And how the jumps themselves reference Essence expenditure, respiration, and Charm-use. And there are entire subsections in the books devoted to teaching and learning them. Yeah, bullshit they're not distinct magical techniques.
>>
>>54809312
Things keep working out of setting as they do in setting, the Supremacy of Defense would still apply just there might be something in another setting that trumps even that.

To use the example other anon made I doubt a Lovecraft god would have too much difficulty getting around or through them with whatever suits them because they could probably just ignore something like SoD.
>>
>>54809370
>You stupid piece of shit, I said it wouldn't work. Are you fucking illiterate
Eat a dick, felchmonger, I'm talking about how you "oh so helpfully" decided to chime in to tell me something someone already did. You patronising herniated asshole.
>>
>>54809347
Fluff differs between splats. Solar charms may or may not exist as in-setting things (and they clearly exist even less in 3e than in 2e)... but then you have Sidereal charms, all of which were specifically designed by the Maidens, and most of which have existed for about as long as Creation has. The writing is inconsistent on the subject, leaving room for interpretation.
>>
>>54809347
The Developers have been pretty clear on it, especially in 3E, but there are holes (as there is in all things Exalted)
>>
>>54809321
I think that is a Third Edition thing, most people use Second Edition lore. Possibly mixing in a few things Third Edition did really well.
>>
>>54809370
>There aren't any scene length PDs to my knowledge, though.
Not and against damage that I'm aware of either, I was mostly trying to clarify that it's not so much "more power = more time" as it is "variable time" that allows them to be made permanent.

That said, there are some quite useful scene length defenses, and some of them are perfect defenses against things other than damage.
>>
>>54809386
>>54809389
Most of the current jumps are based on 2e, though.
>>
>>54809381
No, they don't work as they do in the setting. The jumps are quite clear on that. They're still incredibly powerful, but can in theory be overpowered (not just circumvented and made invalid) by extremely strong magic or other supernatural abilities. Read the notes.
>>
>>54809407
Why do people keep talking as if it has to be variable? The perk doesn't say anything like that.
>>
Really, really, looking forward to this. Although I don't know which background I like more.

Keep on the good work!
>>
>>54809420
No, that seems to be working in setting I think. Exalted Shinma don't auto trump every other setting and anons example of Lovecraft gods are things I agree would just smash through Exalted's shinma stuff even in universe.
>>
>>54809389
2nd Edition was quite clear: Charms are distinct teachable/learnable patterns of Essence manipulation.
>>
>>54809433
Whatever. I guess it doesn't matter how we define our terms. We're agreed on the endpoint, that's good enough for me. Nice talking with you, anon, I'm glad this ended peaceably.
>>
>>54809130
Why not just use Solar Sorcery to get True Immortality? It always has some sort of hole, weakness, or maintenance requirement but if you used one that normally wears off with Infinity it would last forever.

Or you could just perfect it to the point where it doesn't have any limit, the writers did say that a Solar could eventually do it by virtue of being a Solar.
>>
>>54809384
Considering your apparent intelligence level, maybe I should tell you it again?

>>54809407
Ah, okay.
>>
>>54808895
Yes, it's a good thing. If you're the sort who doesn't want it, you won't use it anyway. Anything else is just meddling in someone else's single player game.

>do you prefer to use magic to fight magic, tech to fight tech, and so on?

I do tend to meet most jumps on their own terms. Most of the time I try and limit myself not just to the appropriate genre of powers, but to the powers I purchased in-jump. Perhaps in-jump powers amplified by out of jump perks. Occasionally that won't be feasible, occasionally I just plain want to stomp someone apart, and I pull out all the stops. Depends on what jump and what my plan is.
>>
>>54809251
>>54809432

Shit forgot link.
>>
>>54809456
>Considering your apparent intelligence level, maybe I should tell you it again?
No, you've made the fact that you're an asshole quite clear by now. Don't worry, everyone here gets it.
>>
>>54809379
Here's the thing I don't get. Whilst the techniques themselves are often called 'magic', which is a really big term, but never spells to my knowledge as they are expressions of chi/ki/spiritual energy/etc. being used with skill and as such aren't really spells as much as supernatural abilities. Why has this not been pointed out?
>>
>>54809433
>Lovecraft god
Could they break through the Blessings of the Endless?
>>
>>54809481
Because Val apparently said that they count as spells for purposes of Infinity. Which I think is silly, but if she's okayed it, then we just have to deal with it.
>>
File: Ronin Warriors [001].jpg (240KB, 815x975px) Image search: [Google]
Ronin Warriors [001].jpg
240KB, 815x975px
>>54809469
>>54809432
Thanks Anon. Got any requests or suggestions for me?
>>
File: 1474154870677.png (816KB, 1280x1459px) Image search: [Google]
1474154870677.png
816KB, 1280x1459px
>>54808694
How's this?
>>
>>54809481
They don't really feel like supernatural abilities to me. It's an energy source with a defined, learnable set of techniques that utilise that energy source. Seems the same as spells using magical energy to me.
>>
>>54809498
Probably not, if we're talking about Lovecraft Cosmic horror #7. The Endless are hideously strong. Although at the very top end of Lovecraft.... well, that's anyone's guess.
>>
File: 1474154933125.png (1MB, 1280x1459px) Image search: [Google]
1474154933125.png
1MB, 1280x1459px
>>54809545
And the companion pic.
>>
>>54809498
Depends. Cthulhu? nah brah. Outer Gods? You're going to need to be bringing Lucy himself if you don't want them trampling over the universe.
>>
>>54809498
No, those fluffed as coming from the endless but they run on JumpChain Fiat. Lovecraft gods could get around PDs because PDs are "only" conceptual defenses unbreakable by the standards of the setting and Lovecraft gods have conceptual powers vastly beyond that scope.

Nothing is beyond Chain fiat unless it is explicitly stated to be so.
>>
>>54809503
Why should Val's opinion matter when the facts state that they are spiritual energy. Heck one of the Perks in the Mortal Heroes Guantlet points this out that the energy is spiritual in nature, the one that boosts ki and stuff too.

>>54809548
And that, no offense, sounds like a cop-out. You could say that about the spiritual energy techniques of Yu Yu Hakusho too at that point.
>>
>>54809606
>Orochimaru Homura
>Sasuke not Madoka
Does this person know anything about
Madoka?
>>
>>54809605
Didn't we have a whole bunch of arguments about whether it was spiritual energy, magical energy and what it counted as when it comes to magic and ki stuff?

Because I remember a lot of those arguments. A lot. People really wanted their various perks to work.
>>
>>54809578
>Cthulhu
Is a Great Old One and a priest, but not a god of any form.
>>
>>54809605
Well...yes, many of the techniques in YYH are the same. But there are also plenty that actually are unique abilities that you can just be taught.
>>
>>54809605
It is stated in official sources to be magic anon, not spells explicitly but close enough for the jumpmaker to approve. Though in the end it is probably up to fanwank if magical techniques qualify as spells.
>>
>>54809605
Didn't you just say yourself that it was referred to as magic?
>>
File: p. 187.jpg (80KB, 379x538px) Image search: [Google]
p. 187.jpg
80KB, 379x538px
>>54809481
Because that describes "spells" in dozens of other settings, as well. Charms aren't really unique in that respect. Also, they're distinguished from supernatural powers in-setting.

See pic. They're "cast" differently from innate abilities.
>>
>>54809498
Are the Endless that strong?
>>
>>54809606
Where the hell are their noses.
>>
>>54808937
Would Spiritualist make it so I am the god emperor if I wank I am the religion? Also how would robots work with Spiritualist?
>>
>>54809667
Yup.
>>
>>54809605
While I don't play it that way in my Chains, the big point is that Val ruled Infinity to consider Charms as valid and the arguments otherwise didn't change her mind. There's nothing that can really be done at that point unless you want to campaign to make Infinity an exception, which is kind of a dongus move.
>>
>>54809692
Probably because the arguments basically boil down to two things "Is it magic or spiritual" and "are they spells or general stuff" both of which are heaaaavily open to interpretation.
>>
>>54806418
Fun fact: The Olympian Gods in Saint Seiya were originally humans. So it's something people can do. Though the same lore seems to indicate that having the Ninth somehow loses you the Seventh, because the Gods are stated to be jealous of how mortals can achieve impossible miracles beyond even the power of Godhood, and the 7th is all about miracles.
>>
>>54809667
The Outer Gods are "merely" multi-universe level. There are plenty of beings in fiction which are just as strong, if not stronger, though I don't know if the Endless would qualify.
>>
>>54809720
>merely
nigga did you mix up the endless with the outer gods? The beings far below the Outer Gods are said to be infinite far beyond all dimensional constructs like that, with the Outer Gods being infinitely far above those beings.

Endless ain't even top dogs in their multiverse.
>>
>>54809720
Well, the only real thing in terms of power we have for the Endless is that Death is the strongest and beings on peak Lucifer Morningstar level is when they stop having a large amount of influence.
>>
>>54809706
>"Is it magic or spiritual"
It's magic, plain and simple. There are dozens upon dozens of examples:

Literally the first sentence about Charms in 2e, page 178:

>Charms are simple magical "tricks". Each is a technique for channeling Essence through the body or mind to enhance a Solar's abilities to superhuman levels.

The only thing up for debate is whether or not they count as "spells", which is somewhat subjective.
>>
>>54809761
I was only bringing up the two main arguments in this current thread and the ones that came up back then.
>>
>>54809718
You got a link to that? Honestly curious.
>>
>>54808937
So quick question.

That's +1,000 EP for BOTH Ethics Perks AND Ethics Technologies, right? Or is it 1,000 split between both sections?

Just getting a gauge on how much I have to work with here.
>>
>>54809628
One dude tried to Conjoined Conjures it and got shut down. Arguments and shitposting happened as well, yes.

>>54809635
Indeed as with the fact that some of the powers and abilities that a Exalt develops are innate only to them, because they can do that should they so wish.

>>54809637
>>54809663
Magic: the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

Spell: A set of words, spoken or unspoken, which are considered by its user to invoke some magical effect.

Very different things anons.

>>54809692
But its not Vals part that I contest. Infinity works on spells but not on abilities such as Full Counter and spiritual stuff, which is exactly what Charms are with the general exception of Sorcery Keyworded Charms and actual spells. My main point is that Charms are not spells, not they aren't magic.
>>
>>54809796
http://www.saintseiyafan.com/stseiyawiki/index.php?title=Hypermyth

It's from this.
>>
>>54809853
Except charms are not unique to them. Others can learn those same charms. You can teach them to others. They're specific techniques that can be taught and learned and run on magic. Spells.
>>
>>54809853
So Mage doesn't use spells, because they don't use words to actually cast spells?

I think this whole argument is going in pedantic circles.
>>
>>54809853
>Spell: A set of words, spoken or unspoken, which are considered by its user to invoke some magical effect.
Fucking kek. No, this is pedantry. There are fucking dozens of magic systems that don't use words. Trying to use some definition you looked up on google to somehow "disprove" that magical techniques are spells is silly in the extreme.
>>
>>54809853
>A set of words, spoken or unspoken,
Glorious Solar Saber
Protection of Celestial Bliss
Sometimes Horses Fly Approach
>>
In the Arrowverse jump, am I allowed to switch factions at some point?
>>
>>54809853
So I guess people in Elder Scrolls all use "innate abilities" rather than spells. No, that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>54808937
What would be a good race to import in Stellaris?

Turians, Wookies, Asari, Hanar, Drell, or Krogans?
>>
>>54809910
Alright lets just break this down. You are saying that anything that uses 'magic' and can be taught and learned is a spell correct?

>>54809915
Actually they can and often do but that's really not the argument.

>>54809932
>>54809938
>>54809956
Which is why I'm asking what the actual heck you guys consider spells. Because the actual definition of Spells no longer holds your meaning.
>>
File: 1380054850931.jpg (39KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1380054850931.jpg
39KB, 450x600px
>>54809796
>>54809874
Also I remember Heavens saying he couldn't find the Hypermyth. As this article links to though here's a translation of the 1980's version:

http://philipho.tripod.com/Zeus-E.html

Don't know about a translation for the updated 2000's version.

Also this mangaka needs to step it up. He has two more arcs to finish (Zeus and Cronos) if he wants to finish his story but he keeps putting it off. He's 63. He'll be lucky to have more than 15 more years.
>>
>>54809977
And is a specific technique. Try not to leave out important info to make your argument look better.

As was told to you earlier, a specific technique using magical energy in a set system of magic that can be taught and learnt and replicated is a spell. It doesn't include everything that is called a spell but it's broad enough to cover most of the bases whether you're looking at eastern or western media.
>>
>>54809977
>the actual definition of Spells no longer holds your meaning.
>the actual definition of Spells
Are you fucking serious.
>>
Are non tool/ability type Stands a liability since they will generally be weaker than a jumper and transfer damage to the user?
>>
In the Bayonetta jump, does the Weapon Feel upgrade do anything to the weapon's physical form, or is it just an intangible effect?
>>
>>54809668
Carmen Sandiego stole them.
>>
>>54810016
So the definition of the ability that is used to define the breadth of a Perk has been redefined as a much broader and more versatile word that includes, to just list a few things: Cultivation techniques, Chi techniques as it is know in Negima, Ki techniques as it is known in Dragon Ball, and more?

>>54810017
Yes. Spells is a subset of paranormal phenomena in fiction, because Magic is a extreamly broad term and it gets broken down, whose definintion as the anon(s) state is not that which is used in fiction.
>>
>>54810132
Again you exclude parts of the post that don't fit your goal. Magical energy anon. Something that makes all three of your counter examples not work and was indicated as being part of anon's explanation.
>>
>>54810132
So you do know that spells in Seven Deadly Sins don't work like you say spells do either?
>>
>>54810203
He's not arguing in good faith anon, I doubt he actually cares.
>>
>>54810177
Then neither does the Exalted example as it is powered by Motes of Essence which itself is housed in the souls.

>>54810203
But they do. They chant the name of the spells in question. Vivian does so and Merlin explains her spells at the 'impenetrable' boxed in room.

>>54810209
I actually am arguing in good faith.
>>
>>54810132
People in Elder Scrolls don't cast spells, Sorcery in Dark Souls doesn't use spells, etc., etc.

No, for one thing, language does not set rules that all of its users in reality or fiction need to follow (unless you're a prescriptivist). They explain a fictional/paranormal phenomenon and that you're trying to say that all magic ever must abide by this absurdly specific definition is retarded.

Actually, give me a fucking moment. Because I'm 99% sure most Sorceries in Exalted don't use a verbal component, and fairly sure there are spells in SDS which don't.
>>
>>54810030
Maybe you only take damage equivalent to what the stand takes?

Like, say your stand gets hit with an attack that does 500 damage. Your stand has 600 HP, so it gets quite hurt. You, on the other hand, have 10 billion HP, so losing 500 isn't that big a deal.

Or maybe, since you and your stand are connected, it'll get stronger when you do? Outside of Steely Dan+Lovers, I don't think we ever saw a stand that was weaker than its user. Outside of Dio, I don't think we ever saw a "normal" stand user who was stronger than a mundane human. So really, there's no way to tell if the connection doesn't go both ways.
>>
>>54810267
Except people have pointed out a bunch of things that refer to it as being magical.
>>
>>54810269
There are even spells in DnD that don't use a verbal component. It's not the norm, but they exist, and you can use metamagic to apply it to anything.
>>
>>54810267
>'impenentrable
Oh, I see what this is. You're one of those types. The ones that hate that some other jump is somehow intruding on how good Exalted is.
>>
>>54810285
The techniques themselves are Magic which as I've stated is a very broad term. There is soul magic out there.
>>
>>54810267
>it is powered by Motes of Essence which itself is housed in the souls.
This is utterly fucking retarded. Magical energy can be sourced or "housed in" the soul. Which it is in Exalted, as Essence is explicitly "magical energy". More examples, Dresden, DOTA 2, Nasuverse. Something being housed in the soul does not preclude it from being magical energy, though neither does everything based on the soul use magical energy.
>>
>>54810302
...nigga

nigga

what is the fucking difference at that point? It's using magical energy, is called magic and the magic is just being stored in the soul.
>>
>>54810030
Either the Stand scales or the damage done is one to one and isn't magnified if the jumper can take a supernova to the face.
>>
File: 1458289843205.jpg (164KB, 650x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1458289843205.jpg
164KB, 650x1104px
Reminder that magic isn't real and you're all dumb for arguing about it.
>>
>>54810301
No I was merely pointing out that Vivian called it 'Impenetrable' and Merlin proved her wrong. That had nothing to do with Exalted.

>>54810322
>>54810322
>>54810326
But the argument doesn't stop because it's magical energy it stops when either you prove Charms are Spell, or when I prove they're not. Not that that matter to you Anon(s) much.
>>
Here's the updated Cryptid Perk Combos so far. Still looking for more if anyone has any ideas. No changelog; I did change up some of the earlier ones due to suggestions others gave, but everything before the ESP+Ritualist combo should be mostly the same. I also decided to change some of the restrictions on Genius Loci to make it more forgiving, so I'll be uploading that too.
>>
>>54810350
Don't care about the argument. But now that I've seen that pic, I need a tiny godzilla to threaten small blocks.
>>
>>54810350
Reminder that your picture is adorable and I want to see more like it.
>>
File: Generic Creepypasta WHITE.pdf (232KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Generic Creepypasta WHITE.pdf
232KB, 1x1px
>>54810381
Here it is.
>>
>>54810384
Hit up PPC there are things like that there.http://ppc.wikia.com/wiki/Mini
>>
>>54810380
Are you the idiot that was arguing about time travel last thread?
>>
>>54810380
....okay. So. What the fuck is your argument against them being spells?

Your definition has had like a dozen+ very popular series pointed out as examples of spells that very clearly do not match your view of what they are.

People have shown, and you have now agreed, that it's working on magical energy.

They're distinct techniques. In universe, in the gameplay terms and in the jumps they are all treated as such and people have shown this.

What is your argument that they are spells, given you have absolutely no evidence that has not been thoroughly refuted?
>>
>>54810381
I keep harping on about this, but perhaps Ritualist+Avatar+Demographic to make a temporary avatar you get information feedback from?
>>
How much raw power does Pseudo Jinchukiri give?
>>
>>54810384
Yell at YJ_Anon until they agree to put in a babby kaiju pet in the Kaiju jump.

Also, I think one of the options for Kaiju building is going to be Hedorah-style "tiny monsters that come together to make a big monster," so maybe you could just keep one of the component monsters as a pet?
>>
>>54810380
>Not that it matters
Wouldn't get on that high horse given how you've repeatedly twisted words, ignored parts of posts or changed your position on things. Even in this very post you're suddenly changing from "It's all spiritual" to "It's magical energy".
>>
>>54810445
Check out ESP+Ritualist.
>>
>>54808625
I don't have one. It's more of a throne hill, really.
>>
>>54810445
Never mind, just saw ESP+Ritualist.
>>
File: dogezilla.jpg (48KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
dogezilla.jpg
48KB, 396x396px
>>54810448
Babby pet kaiju sounds cool.
>>
>>54810402
Does enhanced senses protect you from being blinded by rapidly changing light levels like the old night vision perk did?
>>
>>54810402
For Gigantic how tall would a relatively normal proportioned humanoid be?
>>
>>54810494
No, but you're the second person to mention it so I'll add sensory protection.
>>
>>54810446
More than a breadbox.
>>
>>54810515
Thanks!
>>
>>54810525
How many packets of tea can fit in the breadbox?
>>
>>54810419
Nope Time Travel, in my opinion, isn't something that I personally want to mess with but if some other Anon wants to then they can as long as its within the rules of Jumpchain.

>>54810434
As I stated only by redefining a term has spells become broad enough to encompass the area of supernatural phenomena that Charms are in. I provided definitions and you literally said they didn't apply so I asked for the definition that you used which was so broad as to encompass all formats of magical energy manipulation no matter the nature of their techniques.

>>54810460
It's both as I've said the techniques are magic powered by spiritual energy. I'm not the one who has repeatedly slung names at you Anon(s) even as I replied as well as I could to you Anon(s). I don't think I'm perfect Anon.
>>
File: 1485226081173.jpg (164KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485226081173.jpg
164KB, 1136x640px
Perks don't actually do anything, the real power was inside you all along.
>>
>>54810547
A lot, but you can't brew any.
>>
>>54810552
You mean I've actually had the Spark this whole time?
>>
>>54810448
Hmm. Good idea... It'll fit in with my friendbringer collection.

>>54810488
Hey, YJ_Anon, what we need is some babby... Oh, wait, somebody else yelled at you first.
>>
>>54810552
>Hot blooded mecha pilots screaming
>And Shinji
He's really not cut out for this
>>
>>54810552
Need a Gunbuster/Diebuster jump.
>>
>>54810512
Probably around 50 feet.
>>
>>54810551
>Redefining a term
Then it's been redefined for decades, so get over yourself and work with the new term.

But again, no, your argument only works by ignoring things, hence you arguing in bad faith. People specified that it also had to be teachable/learnable. 'all magical energy manipulation' is not that. And even if it was, it'd be a better definition than yours, given yours doesn't fit most of the popular series (Ranging from fate to dresden to D n fucking D) that actually use spells.
>>
>>54810552
That would mean I was likable all along, anon.

And we both know that that's impossible.
>>
>>54810551
Well, all I can say by this point is that I'm glad Val made a sensible choice.
>>
>>54810402
Would this work?
Be a Cryptid with a Cultist Companion and a Proxy

Cultist worships me and takes Unsecure. Uncontained. Unprotected. with their method for Creating Cryptids being to turn normal humans into Cryptids with a ritual that makes them my Proxy. With my Proxy companion being the an example.
>>
>>54810551
>all formats of magical energy manipulation no matter the nature of their techniques.
Yes! So long as they're part of a system and can be taught to or learned by others. How hard is this to understand? Also, you keep cutting out parts of other peoples' arguments to make yours look better. It's not actually doing you any favors, FYI.
>>
Hey Heavens/Wukong, if you have Shepard of Light, can you define your worship as something other than prayer/sacrifice or whatever? Could I have worship of me be something like drinking in a tavern or fighting?
>>
>>54810626
Yeah think I'm done too. This isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>54810551
>It's both as I've said the techniques are magic powered by spiritual energy.
So? How the fuck is that even remotely relevant? There are dozens of magical systems throughout fiction that are powered using spiritual energy. Doesn't mean the characters don't use spells.
>>
>>54810669
And it makes no sense since it's using magical energy anyway.
>>
File: grim_grimoire ophelia.jpg (58KB, 550x1000px) Image search: [Google]
grim_grimoire ophelia.jpg
58KB, 550x1000px
>>54810552
But anon, I would only be a necromancer on all levels except physical without Perks.
>>
>>54810631
I'm going to say no, because a Proxy companion is the result of random mutation, and because their abilities are bought with CP. That's not to say they couldn't recreate your Proxy, or even make a better version, depending on purchases, but outright copying their purchases is a no.
>>
>>54810596
>TFW you introduce the Nids to some real space monsters.
That would be awesome and rule one.
>>
File: Dissagreement Higherarchy.jpg (48KB, 613x460px) Image search: [Google]
Dissagreement Higherarchy.jpg
48KB, 613x460px
>>54810609
>Then it's been redefined for decades, so get over yourself and work with the new term.
Where is this new term? Where can I find this new term you've specified.

Dresden Files uses Incantations and will, D&D uses verbal composites, and Fate has counts for arias.

>>54810641
I 'cut out' because I can only type so fast and using normal summaries is a part of debate and I still lag behind because you're attack my ability to quote Anon(s) when I literally link to Anon(s) quotes.

>>54810669
This is true, but not all of them use spells as I've pointed out. I can't keep debating this at this point because I'm out of time for the day. Excuse me Anon(s).
>>
File: bc5.png (496KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bc5.png
496KB, 1000x1200px
>>54808937
Thank you much, amigo.

>Stellaris - 840
Origin: Wanderer + Leader
Home Planet: Ocean
Drawbacks: The Worm, King of All (+1,000 CP)
Sacrifice ET Points: +500 CP
Sacrificed EP Points: +600 CP
Final Point Count: 3,100 CP

Government Ethics: Xenophile, Spiritualist, Individualist
Race: Reptilian - The Nea
Species Traits:
-Adaptive (Free)
-Rapid Breeders (Free)
-Thrifty (Free)
-Hive-Minded
-Psionic
-Agrarian
-Charismatic
-Very Strong
-Natural Sociologists

Perks & Gear:
-Free Rule (Free)
-Trustworthy Emperor
-Alcohol
-Tree of Life
-Ether Drake Baby (Iliona)
-Full Team
-Advisor
-Plain Import

Ethics Technologies (1,000 ET)
-Sacrifice for CP: 500
-A Shard Of Metal Filled With Grass
-Improved Labs
-A Shield Of The Mind

Ethics Perks (1,000 EP):
-Sacrifice for CP: 600
-Slave Liberation
-A Stand For Freedom
-Open Arms

>tfw not sure if did math properly.
>>
>>54810763
I'd follow that rule if I wasn't a mongoloid.
>>
>>54810754
Ah, I was going to make my Proxy a flying brick. Could that be recreated/improved upon by a cultist with Unsecure. Uncontained. Unprotected.? Would studying a naturally occurring one like my Proxy make it any easier?
>>
>>54810796
Oh well, have fun becoming a Chinese emperor.
>>
>>54810788
And yet all those things have plenty of examples where words are not used.

Except when you cut out, you go on to argue as if they had not said the things you cut out. You're not summarising, you're pretending they didn't make points so you don't need to answer.
>>
>>54808937
Xenophobe is misspelled xenophope

Is it possible for Government Ethics to change radically part way through the jump?

Please organize the Ethics perks by ethic/price please. It's easier to pick and jump like that.

Th̨e ̴W̛or̸m, ̀King oft̀he En͘d̵le͝ss- What is this a reference to? More info? Will it end reality or something?

Good jump, bro.
>>
>>54810790
>The Worm, King of All
I have never played Stellaris, how hard would it be to take this down?
>>
>>54810829
Will do anon. Tomamo is loving this mongolian dick.
>>
What would be a fun choice of celebrity for an Actual Cannibal Companion?
>>
>>54810870
Randy Orton
>>
File: cute.png (1MB, 1350x1620px) Image search: [Google]
cute.png
1MB, 1350x1620px
>>54810849
You to embrace fluffy tails?
>>
File: 18e.jpg (55KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
18e.jpg
55KB, 900x810px
>>54810788
>>
File: 1499524056025.gif (2MB, 270x378px) Image search: [Google]
1499524056025.gif
2MB, 270x378px
>>54810870
Taylor Swift
>>
>>54810810
Oh yeah, flying brick is definitely something they can do. As for the other question I'm going to tentatively say yes because it makes sense.
>>
>>54808833
Is the Spacetime Manipulation perk meant to be Hiro's power or just (as written) the travel subset of it?
>>
>>54810893
ye
>>
>>54810402
>You can import or create any number of companions for 50 CP a pair
...Wait, a "pair" or "a piece"? I've been treating it like the latter for almost a year now...
>>
>>54810903
Dismissive anime girl should be the top of that pyramid.
>>
>>54810838
Far as I can understand after wiki-diving, The Worm can be killed by a decent battleship fleet. It's summoning it into the physical realm from it's outside-of-time location that's fucky.

>>54810836
>What is this a reference to? More info? Will it end reality or something?

While I agree the drawback needs a better description, The Worm's an extra-dimensional monster that your empire can either treat with via sacrificing geniuses and scientists in exchange for Physics-related knowledge and technology.

It culminates in making a building called the Omega Alignment, which rips space-time several new assholes to drag The Worm into realspace, where it wants to be. You then get to make a final deal with it which can make or break things.

http://www.stellariswiki.com/Horizon_Signal_events
>>
>>54810402
Can you set multiple simultaneous criteria for I Know?

Like, an always on 'if they know I am the Jumper' and then sometimes also 'if they know I am more powerful than I am pretending to be', or 'if they know I did a particular thing'.
>>
>>54810870
Oprah Winfrey. Speaking of, has anybody taken the "Tulpa" option yet, and who did you choose?

>>54810926
A pair. So you get eight for 200 CP.

>>54810956
Sure.
>>
>>54810965
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>54810965
Shiiiiit. Is that recent? Cuz that frees up some CP. Thanks anyway, man.
>>
>>54810838
Once you get a hold of if, it won't be super hard assuming you have decent preparation. According to the wiki it has a fleet power of 18k, which is strong, but a Fallen Empire would take it out pretty easily
>>
>>54810838

Not impossible, but you'd need at least an anti-insanity perk (being around the worm drives you crazy), a method of attacking atemporally and defending atemporally (the worm seems to inhabit a dimension outside of time), and the ability to attack within black holes (the conventional method of reaching/contacting them is through Black Holes).

Mind you, why you would want to kill them when they just want love and affection is beyond me. Worm is best girl.
>>
>>54810980
No, it's always been for a pair. I did lift the cost for having Cryptid companions though.
>>
At the risk of shitposting, and with the most honest intentions, I ask; Why is the Ghostbusters jump considered a trap? Is it just shitposting?
>>
>>54810999
Alright, cool. What's controlling an Avatar like, anyway? Is it like you were actually there?
>>
Give me some obscure and/or old jumps to jump
>>
>>54811013
I don't think it's the whole Jump; just one option for ghosts IIRC.

>>54811023
It's like you're them, but you have their level of power.
>>
Can Greed from God of Highschool be used to increase your own "energy pools"? I remember something along those lines, but I couldn't find it in the archives.
>>
>>54811013
According to banchou, the jumpmaker, one of the options is literally impossible to survive. I think it was the ghost power that had a drawback tied to it.
>>
>>54808921
>>54808949
* Super Mario has a power that allows you to be invincible for twenty seconds, once a month.
* Super Mario RPG has an item that allows you to be invincible (and "gain a terrifying destructive touch") for one minute, once.
* Super Mario Thing has a (very cheap) perk that makes eating vegetables give you powers; leeks give you temporary invincibility.
>>
>>54811058
Do your mental perks still apply to your consciousness? Also, can they be projected from other pocket dimensions if you have Avatar + Pocket Realm?
>>
>>54810849
>>54810893
Tamamo will forever be an awful waifu.
>>
>>54811108
There are better waifu's but I don't think she's bad.
>>
>>54811053
Les Miserables
Red Faction
Actraiser
Generation Kill
Codex Alera
Dinotopia
>>
File: Tamamo Hakunon Waifu Mode.jpg (142KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Tamamo Hakunon Waifu Mode.jpg
142KB, 1200x675px
>>54811108
>>
>>54811107
Do you mean other than the Pocket Dimension itself?
>>
>>54811107
Yeah, mental perks still applying makes sense. And for the other question, that's a no.
>>
>>54811146
Yes.
>>
>>54811115
You don't know her story.

>>54811125
Don't see a point in your post though.
>>
>>54810381
>Ritualist+Myth

Yesssss. Thanks, man.
>>
>>54810381
Glitch+Disruption field:control mechanical devices in your immediate radius. Maybe elemental instead of glitch if that makes more sense to you.

Screamer+Perception Distortion: Everyone who hears you in a mile radius starts feeling the effect.

Screamer+Sleeper Paralysis: Induces sleep in people who are overwhelmed by your scream.

Mark+Blight: The target becomes a Typhoid Mary of the disease you choose to infect the mark with. Making them carriers that spread the disease to everyone around them. The target can be as completely or partial immune as you wish them to be. If at all.
>>
>>54810552
Wait, are you saying I can really fly? Wait here, i'm going to leap out of a skyscraper!
>>
Would a tyranid using the Cute or Sexy version of that one perk from Weakness of Beatrice have much trouble passing themselves off as human mutants in a hive city's underhive?
>>
>>54811200
Mutants are exterminated.
>>
>>54810745
Grim Grimoire jump when?
>>
>>54811151
Alright, thanks. Was worried about anything but a full-powered Avatar not being able to "handle it", as it were.

Ah, okay.
>>
>>54811200
Jeanstealer?

--

On a different note. If Anon Heart is here (or someone else equally involved with the Anima Beyond Fantasy Jump). I wanted to know if you can acquire the same abilities as the Mighty perk through hard work
>>
>>54811256
He said you could, yes.
>>
>>54811256
Mighty is basically just a fuckton of experience. I don't think any of the things it gives can't be learned.
>>
>>54811256
>>54811276
Proofs.

>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/54518668/#54519749
>>
>>54811276
>>54811296

Thanks, wasn't 100% certain (or maybe I overlooked the note in the text.)
>>
>>54811217
Not in the Underhive way too dangerous for anyone to go there for some purging, well not unless a Space Marine recruitment drive comes to Recruit/Kidnap some of the local criminals.

The Underhive, such utter hell it is the next best place for Space Marine recruitment after Death Worlds. Move in today!

>>54811256
Nope, Hive Tyrant. It would be easier if I was a Genestealer I imagine. I want to flee the swarm and just do whatever I want.
>>
>Generic Dystopia
>Gothic jump
>Xam’d: Lost Memories
>Inukami
When did we get these jumps? I had never seen them while browsing the drive on my phone
>>
>>54811151
If you have multiple consciousnesses, can you project less than all of them into the Avatar?
>>
>>54811377
Inukami and Gothic are old as fuck, dude.

Like, back when we were still triple-digit threads.
>>
>>54811377
Inukami and Gothic are both at least a year old, I think. Generic Dystopia and Xam'd are bit more recent, though I can't remember exactly when they came out.
>>
>>54811151
There's this guy on SB, he goes by "YJ_Anon". Is that you, or is it just an imposter?
>>
>>54811433
More like impasta-er, amirite?
>>
>>54811417
...we're still triple digit threads now.
>>
>>54811470
WAIT WHEN DID WE GET TO FOUR DIGITS
>>
>>54811470
We're in the thousands, that is four digits my dude.
>>
>>54811478
Six-Hundred and Sixty Seven Threads ago? Give or take five Threads.
>>
>>54811478
A long-ass time ago. Had a big party for thread 1000 and everything. I thought we invited you?
>>
>>54811380
Sure.

>>54811433
Yep, that's me.
>>
>>54811478
A while ago, there was this whole big thing where a bunch of jumps were released at the same time to celebrate.
>>
So when can we expect sexy ass demons?
>>
>>54811516
Probably never.
>>
>>54811516
You gotta do the summoning legwork yourself.
>>
>>54811516
Panty and Stocking
>>
>>54810567
That would make for neat twist at a chain end. Your Spark woke up, but it was super juiced and you couldn't mentally/psychologically handle it, so you built up mental and metaphysical layers around it and set up an adventure system so you could slowly grow into the power over time, only to remember the truth when you finally had the strength to accept it.
>>
File: Succubus Quote.png (1MB, 1096x896px) Image search: [Google]
Succubus Quote.png
1MB, 1096x896px
>>54811516
Aren't they already here?
>>
>>54811516
I'm not sure I'd want an ass-demon.
>>
>>54811606
Jumpchan was just my imagination this whole time?

But how do I waifu my imagination?!
>>
>>54810870
I was going to say Tom Cruise, but he's already in a cult.
So, Owen Wilson or Matthew McConaughey.
>>
>>54811653
tulpa
>>
File: it went to the warp.jpg (265KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
it went to the warp.jpg
265KB, 623x414px
>>54811612
No they aren't.
>>
>>54810870
Hugh Jackman.

Then take him to Van Helsing to meet Hugh Jackman.

Then recruit Wolverine in X-Men Movies.
>>
You think if I spill some of the Triumvirate's blood on my Cloth in Saint Seiya they could get to God Cloth level?
>>
>>54811646
Pretty sure they're usually just demons that specialize in ass rather than demons that live in it. Though both probably exist.
>>
>>54811696
>spill some of the Triumvirate's blood
No, but I think you're a powerwanker.
>>
What abilities does the Spark give you?
>>
Anyone have a link to questionable questings jumpchain thread?
>>
>>54811834
Nothing.
>>
File: team talon and cats.png (305KB, 768x1550px) Image search: [Google]
team talon and cats.png
305KB, 768x1550px
>>54811612
lilim get out reeeeee

pic unrelated, I can't actually commit to my anger right now
>>
>>54811834
You can go between intellectual properties, and you're waay stronger cosmically than you were before.
>>
>>54811834
Nothing but the bitterness of not being able to jump anymore because some dick jumpmaker cut you short for a jump-only benefit.
>>
>>54811606
This... is a pretty darn neat idea. Thanks anon, I'm totally borrowing this for my chain.
>>
>>54811696
Iunno. Seiyapedia says your Cosmo needs to burn with the same intensity of a God's in addition to being bled upon by one. But I don't exactly have a source for all that.

>>54811834
From what people here have said: Your body is your soul, your soul is basically invincible, and unless you tie your mind to something like a brain (which in turn makes it possible for people to render you brain dead, even if you're otherwise fine) you're legitimately unkillable. Also, magic. As a /jc/ reward, it is mainly meant to buff all of your abilities by an arbitrarily high amount, and allow you to Planeswalk through the greater multiverse.
>>
>>54811861
Well, the latter really depends on what level of power you were 'before'.
>>
>>54811845
https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/jumpchain.1689/

You need to be logged into qq, or it won't let you into a nsfw thread.
>>
>>54811696
Not sure. All the God Cloths come from Athena's blood being spilled on regular, bog standard Bronze Cloths. It should work with all her Cloths and her blood, but we're not sure about other Gods. Logic would say yes though.

Also, remember that you also need to burn a shit ton of cosmo and scream hotbloodedly to activate it the first time.
>>
>>54811861
>>54811878
>>54811891
So I should get some form of timetravel before my chain ends
>>
The Hive Tyrant perk in Nids jump says you have the standard Hive Tyrant Biomorphs. Does this mean we get those for free along with the perk?

It would certainly make my Biomorph choices easier if it does.
>>
>>54810996
This. Worm just wants to advance your species to the next stage of waifu evolution.
>>
>>54808937

Doesn't the wording of Civilization From Jumps Past allow you to gain CP with ease by importing past races and/or civilizations you rules over?
>>
>>54811906
Is blood the only body fluid that works?
>>
>>54810996
The Worm eats your sun, turning it into a shining black hole, and warps your capital and all planets in that system into Tomb Worlds.

Somehow, I do not think that is a good thing.
>>
>>54811892
I'm mostly going off what Quicksilver said about it, since the Spark isn't really a Planewalker spark anyways.
>>
>>54811924
Yes
>>
>>54811967
I personally really dislike the idea of it arbitrarily boosting all my powers. Sure post chain stuff doesn't matter much but it feels kinda shitty to make most of my stuff previously irrelevant.
>>
>>54811955
To be fair, she/it/they are just really bad at understanding that people conventionally need those things to live. Nothing that Worm does is out of genuine malice. It just wants you to reach a state where it can actually communicate and interact with you (relatively) safely.

Hence why it shouldn't actually be that hard for a jumper with a sufficient tech base and a few protection/communication perks to bypass that whole thing and just talk with her/it/them directly and explain the whole situation.

By all indicators, it would be more than happy to leave you as you are so long as you're willing talk with it.
>>
On a sidenote guys, do you imagine Third Magic could be used on a Transformer's Spark?
>>
>>54812000
But isn't it just making your other stuff more relevant because it can now be used at that level? Whereas normally it'd just boost your magic and (maybe) soul stuff so then everything else is even more ridiculously irrelevant than it is now.
>>
File: but the future.jpg (66KB, 1000x820px) Image search: [Google]
but the future.jpg
66KB, 1000x820px
>>54811612
>do I really want a genocide on my hands?
>do I really want to let them win?

I need a third option /jc/.
>>
>>54811955
It makes it so your species can survive the transition first tho. Isn't any relationship based on mutual understanding? It just wants to make the place feel more like home!
>>
>>54811953
Lewd. Athena is an eternal virgin, anon.

But yeah, it has to be blood. Specifically, ichor, the blood of the gods.
>>
>>54812044
Sure, they're souls in all but name. Some continuities even have ghost Transformers.
>>
>>54812081
So if a jumper wears their armor while taking her first time rather roughly. . . Quick! What perks are there for waifuing chaste Goddesses?
>>
>>54811955
After giving your species a bunch of beneficial traits and giving you tomb world adaptability, yeah. As the event explains it, the Worm has given your species the power to survive even should your sun or planets be destroyed. It's meant as a gift. Granted, it might not appeal because it does lower your ability to live on non-tomb worlds, but the Worm misunderstanding 3D life is understandable, considering that the worm is 4D at the least.
>>
>>54812057
Be stronger than the Demon Lord and find a way to rewrite the entirety of the population of monsters so that they don't change men into incubi after they screw him and rewrite their instincts so that they don't have an insatiable appetite for lewdness and find a way to get rid of demon energy on a world wide/ multidimensional scale. Hell, I don't the Demon Lord would be too upset with it given that you ensured the peaceful existence of the two races (she'll be upset, but won't do anything so long as you can explain the situation and at least strong enough threaten MAD, which you should be to be pulling this off).

So, the second magic for the dimensional BS, the third for the metaphysics, a few magic boosters, and Geneforge magic for the instincts.
>>
File: high impact sexual genocide.jpg (41KB, 476x492px) Image search: [Google]
high impact sexual genocide.jpg
41KB, 476x492px
>>54812057
>>
>>54812164
Carol please go.
>>
>>54812147
Do not
>>
>>54811921
I think MtG has time travel magic which you should be able to learn if you get a planeswalker spark.
>>
File: elf9.jpg (97KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
elf9.jpg
97KB, 1200x675px
>>54812170
I'm already out of Carols
>>
>>54811906
Are the Saint Seiyas really universe level?
>>
>>54812055
No, because planeswalkers aren't the tippity top of power. If I get to that level by doing something creative, I don't want it to be a case where I'd be more rewarded for taking the boring, raw power route
>>
>>54812212
Depends entirely on what character and at what time you're looking at. Some are at certain points, yes. Many are not even close.
>>
>>54812081
Shit, I only have one bodily fluid left at this point. Oh well, guess I'll try using those rocks from GoH and constellation magic to make mo' black cloths of the same caliber.

Also just gonna bite the bullet now, I really auestipns like that don't make it too obvious who I am

>>54812147
Bill, born of Bills from Marvel Magic
Favor of Heaven, Tripping on the Red String and What Is Love? from Heaven's Lost Property
The Waifu Exalted, from Lunars
Sakura Viewings, from Fate/Stay Night
Idol and Supplicant Union Consecration from Sidereals
A Shepherd of Light, Solars
>>
>>54812170
Please, Carol isn't even a speedbumb for a jumper with a few psychology/ charisma perks.

Come to think of it, most of Symphogear's problems/dumb plots could be solved with a psychology perks and by telling people "that's dumb and you're dumb for thinking it. Now get in the Symphogear and punch that river."

And if you janked Dr. Ver in the beginning. Good luck getting that to stick though. Man's a goddamn cockroach.
>>
>>54808937
Does the Civilizations from Jump's past allow you to import as many races from past jumps as you like, such as that can I import a Asari, Human, and Turian trifecta as my Empires races?
>>
>>54812222
>Some are at certain points, yes.
No, they're not. Stop lying, anon.
>>
Would waking up Azathoth in Lovecraft destroy all the settings of all the jumps you've ever been to?
>>
>>54812224
The LINKER perk solves half of AXZ on its own
Elfnein it took you 6 episodes, a mind merge and special guest MENTAL IMAGE DR VER to figure it out, pls
>>
File: 1477687318314.jpg (91KB, 704x538px) Image search: [Google]
1477687318314.jpg
91KB, 704x538px
>>54812156
>>54812057
Well let me note here. Before Lilith took over, the monsters had both genders and ate mortal flesh. They were anti-lewd. Also, Lilith corrupted several species that were formerly mortal, like elves, dwarves, amazons, and many more, into monsters, eradicating the original species and killing off all their males. Anyway, the Head God saw all this, and decided that he needed to curse the monsters so they couldn't have males anymore to stop them breeding out of control. Which happened anyway once Lilith switched them to raping humans. Head God has to be distracted or something.

So yeah, what this tells us is relevant to your goal in two ways:

1. Powerful divine curses can alter monstergirls, though not perfectly.

2. The Demon Lord, the being sitting on the throne in demon land, gets to decide how monsters work and behave. The only reason they're lewd is because Lilith wills it.

So if you want to save the monstergirls, you first kill Lilith, sit on her throne, change them to be less lewd or aggressive, then convince the Head God that you will behave better than the first Demon Lord or Lilith and won't make your monsters demon machines, so he'll re-instate their ability to breed males. You might also want to find a way to purge corruption to make dwarves etc back into mortals, though I don't know a way to do that in-setting.

So yeah, that's how you solve things with the least amount of death. Technically only one person needs to die.

>>54812164
Lilith will explicitly not fuck you. She is having constant eternal sex with her husband, who is a former human corrupted into an incubus. Him being human is why she decided humans would be the semen factory for her world takeover, by the way. Being a monster girl, she's monogamous once she has a husband.
>>
>>54812270
No, because different settings aren't linked Azathoth isn't the top level of DC (Although you an probably find a DC look alike somewhere in the Lovecraftverse), anymore than DC doesn't define the top level of Lovecraft.
>>
>>54812270
Default (each setting is within its own multiversal set) would be no. If you want to fanwank different that's up to you.
>>
>>54812216
>planeswalkers aren't the tippity top of power
Yeah, but this clearly isn't a normal Planeswalker Spark, arbitrary powerup or no. It has at least one capability beyond what you can acquire on your own merits. Unless you wank the MtG cosmology as trumping everything else, but that seems just as absurd to me, if not moreso.
>>
>>54812212
It's hard to tell, because as the God Cloth description says, they can concentrate all their power down to even the atomic level, so they don't show a lot of collateral damage.
>>
>>54812270
Almost certainly not. The assumptions that would allow for that outcome would also do a lot to invalidate how the chain is supposed to work. But if you want to do something funky with the cosmology of your own chain, well, power to you.
>>
>>54812331
>>54812352
No offense, but are either of you ASA? I'd prefer that someone actually qualified answers this question.
>>
>>54812406
Nice bait.
>>
>>54812358
And I'm fine with that one bonus. Travelling between jump worlds is a great end reward. It's this dumb boost beyond everything of everything that I feel lessens the worth of all I worked for to get to this point.
>>
>>54812406

are you

fucking for real now
>>
>>54812406
Dude neither of the. but ASA didnt make the Lovecraft jump and the maker's probably long gone by now. I'm 90% sure he's the semen guy.

Anyway different jumps, settings cut pff from each other etc. Pokemon doesn't exist in Lovecraft, ergo it doesn't exist in Azzy's dream, ergo by jumpchain rules as written it won't unless you personally houserule it
>>
>>54812406
>actually qualified
...Was... Was ASA one of those people who roleplayed in the parliament? Like... wut?
>>
>>54812501
No.
>>
>>54812501
He's just shitposting at anyone he knows about. I'm not even sure if ASA knows about the parliament, he's on pretty irregularly from what I've seen.
>>
>>54812524
I don't think anyone knows about this parliament outside your discord/IRC.
>>
>>54812540
It was an old and dead in the water on contact /tg/ thing
>>
>>54812501
Pretty sure that was just bancho.
>>
What are some good vehicles to combine with the vehicle merging perk in Arpeggio? Would merging a normal ship with one made of Nano Materials from Arpeggio let it just drop any excess mass that is inconvenient to have?
>>
Jumpers, have you ever married someone during your chain?
>>
>>54812595
Add an ACU or import as an ACU to give it the ability to increase in mass as well.
>>
>>54812629
Yup. Married good ol' Elaine Belloc
>>
>>54812540
Wait wut I thought you were talking about the /tg/ parliament, which Bancho gatecrashed
>>
>>54812524
>>54812671
That anon's not me, the one you were replying to.
>>
File: tmp_5381-1498777647702835121981.jpg (52KB, 467x750px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5381-1498777647702835121981.jpg
52KB, 467x750px
Are there any perks you don't take because they're just too good?
>>
File: Ollerus2.jpg (33KB, 270x660px) Image search: [Google]
Ollerus2.jpg
33KB, 270x660px
Was it ever clarified how Ollerus became a pseudo Majin in Index? I'd like to replicate that.
>>
>>54812711
Whoops, but my question still stands

>>54812726
>human

What a strange name for a legendary monster. Is this ancient mythological Evangelion?
>>
File: WbNDTr8.png (1008KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
WbNDTr8.png
1008KB, 1400x1400px
>>54812629
Yes.
>>
>>54812658
Before or after she took her grandfather's place and became God?
>>
>>54812755
After. Dated before, married after.
>>
Is there a jump where I can become an arachne or lamia?
>>
File: Wedding Zenbu.jpg (195KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Wedding Zenbu.jpg
195KB, 600x800px
>>54812629
>>
>>54812786
Overlord.
>>
>>54812768
Well, congrats on marrying God, anon.
>>
>>54812728
I never understood that. Othinus "stole" his chance to become a Majin... but she was already a Majin.
>>
>>54812746
Yea. Was talking about the teeg parliament.
>>
>>54812629
Yes. Took the avatar drawback in awakening, husbando'd chrom.

Forgot I could take him with me for free, and left him behind. Cried my eyes out when he showed up in Heroes, followed by him recognizing me and then yelled at me for vanishing.
>>
>>54812629
I didn't exactly have a choice.

>tharja_in_wedding_dress.jpeg
>>
>>54812595
All of them.

Maybe?
>>
File: apromiseisapromise.jpg (70KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
apromiseisapromise.jpg
70KB, 850x1133px
>>54812629
There wasn't much of a wedding. But I like to think 'every world along my chain' was an excellent ring to pop the question with.

Everyone is here. Everyone.

And we can finally smile together.

Meanwhile in current chain:
>wut
>Marriage?
>I'm trying not to die first, thank you!
>>
Are there any Medieval or pre-historic jumps that are set in a world that's at least mostly the same as ours?
>>
>>54812864
Hey can you answer >>54810642 please?
>>
>>54812835
Fun fact. There's a bride class in Awakening. So yes, tharja in a wedding dress.
>>
>>54812824
Wait, but time stops once you leave. Would he even know you left? Also:
>leaving your husbando behind
Anon, what are you even doing.
>>
>>54812752
Said it once, will say it again:

Jesus. H. Christ. Those god damn legs.
>>
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HX0HpNDayiIT3Z4Zwd-YOYzI5J1PMsql25nXP6uXI7s/edit

This is what SB considers a "jump", lads. And they wonder why this is widely seen as the superior community.
>>
>>54810642
As long as they're actively doing it as an act of devotion/worship to you, yes. It counts.
>>
>>54812629
Like I'd ever do that to anyone.
>>
>>54812864
Ah, I remember first making jokes about Decade and Yuki being a cute couple, and then actually starting to ship them as the chain went on. Good times, good times...
>>
>>54812871
Well, Medieval you can get in either Total War (with the Medieval timeline) or Crusader Kings II.

Prehistory is a lot harder, and all the jumps I can think of that let you access prehistory have weird anachronisms happening (Chrono Trigger, or the Prehistoria part of Evermore).
>>
>>54812885
Continuity drawbacks. The Lucina in fates and heroes is the non time travel one, so at least five years after jump end.
>>
>>54812752
>Seras' tits
I. Huh.

>>54812905
Do they have to view you as a god, or would celebrating you as some kind of folk hero or Superman type figure or something work?
>>
>>54812905
Is it possible to learn how to use Cosmo to conjure and manipulate elements besides water a la Rule the Seas?
>>
>>54812900
No matter how many times that pictures comes up, they will never fail to pull all my focus away from that chest.
>>
>>54812752
Is it just me, or are her tits even bigger then they were in Hellsing?
>>
>>54812964
It is in Omega.
>>
>>54812902
It looks like a decent enough base but god damn the most flaccid amount of content.
>>
>>54812987
well if you think about it, in Hellsing her tits were always trapped underneath a uniform. Here they're allowed to air out and be free.
>>
>>54812803
Othinus gave up being a magic god, and then later took the steps to re-take it. Ollerus was the one she stole it (back) from.
>>
File: 1472163590814.jpg (26KB, 540x266px) Image search: [Google]
1472163590814.jpg
26KB, 540x266px
>>54812943
I think folk hero would work. It's basically the same as Exalted cult rules, which is fairly flexible when it comes to veneration - it's more concerned about quantity than 'quality', so to speak.
>>54812923
Destroyer of Worlds was a ride. Still need to write the epilogue via Dies Irae or Devil Survivor 2. As well as answer what happened to Diend, Hyde, and Bernkastel.

I like how my current writechain is going, too. I'll always miss this one, though.
>>54812964
Should be. There's a lot of elemental-based techniques the cast and others use.
>>
Are there any good methods for teleporting onto an enemy space ship so I can kill the crew and take it for myself? My current methods of teleporting require me to know where I am going which is a problem if I don't know the layout of the enemy ship.
>>
>>54812969
LIKE FUCKING TREE TRUNKS.
>>
>>54812937
Thank you.
>>
>>54813001
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>54813020
No problem! Maybe someday someone will just make a Jump to be in the Mesozoic or something.

Maybe say it's a Walking With Dinosaurs jump. I don't know.
>>
>>54812900
>>54812969
>>54813015

Look.

Don't skip leg day.

>>54812943
>>54812987

No idea what you're talking about.
None.
Nope.
No idea.
>>
>>54813001
I have to admit, Devil Survivor 2 would be a kind of fitting end for Decade. Aside from the fight against Polaris, which would already work since the Destroyer of Worlds would be saving the Earth from the Queen of the Multiverse who's trying to delete it, the endgame scenario would be a rematch with YHVH and chance to stop his tyranny before it gets off the ground. Since one of Decade's greatest shames is the Millenium Kingdom being destroyed as a result of his defeat of YHVH, and YHVH has already made an enemy out of him with his threats and insults towards Yuki, it's a chance to not only prevent that sin from happening but also protect Yuki and end the threat of YHVH once and for all. That would be pretty cool.
>>
>>54812987
According to OAA they had like 11 kids so they probably got double giant from milk production.
>>
File: He has no words.jpg (22KB, 220x393px) Image search: [Google]
He has no words.jpg
22KB, 220x393px
>>54813093
>11 kids
...what.
>>
>>54813093
I mean are we sure she's the one who does it though.

I mean, they rolled the Drowned Pools of the opposite gender in Ranma 1/2.
>>
>>54813127
Sometimes you just have to get it in anon.
>>
>>54813093
Aren't most of them adopted though?
>>
File: 1481431111508.png (377KB, 705x705px) Image search: [Google]
1481431111508.png
377KB, 705x705px
>>54813090
Huh. You know what, anon? You're absolutely right. That would be fitting, all things considered. What the hell? Let's do it.

It's not gonna be done anytime soon, but I'll give Destroyer of Worlds its proper final chapter and epilogue in the future.
>>
>>54813136
Maybe they went halvsies? Would explain the thicc thighs
>>
>>54812902
It's the same place that considers Dirge's bullshit as jumps too, so I'm not sure what your point is supposed to be.
>>
>>54812212
With God Cloth and Miracles ye. Otherwise they mostly peak at casually obliterating a shitton of galaxies and moving really fast.
>>
>>54813127
That wasn't unusual in the past, anon. Or in third world countries.
>>
File: Consider the following.png (89KB, 219x248px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.png
89KB, 219x248px
>>54813127
Well i mean like he's at jump 800+ right?

So that's like 11 kids over... 80 jumps each (average) leading to

1 kid per 800 years

It's not that spooky when you think about it
>>
>>54813136
Hrmmm, we also know for a fact that OAA doesn't wear underwear with his skirt. . .
>>
>>54812987
Well I mean, a bunch of jumps have beauty enhancing perks so it's not that much of a stretch.
>>
>>54813143
The Destroyer of Worlds Decade versus the Errai, King of All Worlds. Now that's what I call a grand finale!
>>
>>54813093
>>54813127
>>54813166

Actually it's 15.

I think they're shooting for 18.
Remind me how many Primarchs there are?
>>
>>54813204
Comments like that will get the "flat is justice" anons on your trail.
>>
>>54813143
Sounds good.
>>
>>54813214
Twenty, eighteen if you subtract the lost Primarchs.
>>
File: 1481342516561.jpg (171KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
1481342516561.jpg
171KB, 610x343px
>>54813220
>>54813204
>>
File: Danmad.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
Danmad.gif
2MB, 356x200px
I will not be judged.
My angels are the best. THE BEST.

>>54813127
Half of them are adopted, made legitimate through genetic wonkery and Sidereal charmshit.

also as >>54813214 states the number's off.

>>54813214
>>54813150
>>54813136
>mfw

DELET THIS
>>
Jump #387: XCOM
>King of Wands, reversed: An artist whose depraved love of chaos causes him to take hold of destructive ideas and make them appealing to the masses.
>Age: 29
>Location: Europe
>Identity: Engineering (-100)
>Drawbacks: (+600) Green Rookies, Enemy Within, Exalted
So as close to the actual game as it gets. Okay.
>Human Peak Technology (1400)
Having an exhaustive knowledge of all turn-of-the-century technologies is .. well I already have that from experience, but if I have it as a PERK, I can bestow it on others, whether instantly or spending years training them to have said knowledge. (Thanks, Metal Gear!)
>Customized Weapons (Free, Engineering)
Meh. Okay.
>More With Less (1250, Engineering)
With all these perks to cut corners, I feel like my tech is more Ikea than Ikea. At this point my efficiency with materials has reached overunity, I'm taking a tree branch and turning it into a room's worth of furniture.
>Enhanced Training (950)
I have green rookies. This is a MUST.
>Reverse Engineering (350)
So if I find anything that isn't turn-of-the-century technology, I can pick it apart and figure it out? Awesome.
>One Man Assembly Line (50, Engineering)
Well, at least when I need to make something the old fashioned way, I can do it rapidly.
>Motion Sensor (Free, Engineering)
>Arc Thrower (0)
Equipment slots are bullshit - these both need to be mandatory for every mission.

So, it appears I've assumed control of a branch of XCOM after branching out from engineering. I can't really say this sort of situation is completely unprecedented, but frankly... it seems a simple enough thing to me.

Really, it's remarkably easy to deal with the aliens when you have an idea of the nature of things. Screw playing by the rules - staying in one base is a great way to limit yourself until the inevitable insanity happens.
>>
Hey SupCom anon, I remember you still being around. Is there any chance you are here and can answer a few questions?
>>
>>54813299
And so, using the best superpower, that is, truly ridiculous amounts of money and some smooth talking, I made sure that all the member nations of XCOM were still contributing as expected while we opened a number of bases. This proved to be a wise decision considering the volume of alien activity, but we're talking several bases on each continent rather than a single massive base. Each base had its own specialization, but each had its own core staff and sufficient soldiers to have fire teams on standby at all times for rapid deployment, constantly training and drilling. Even with the hilariously low quality of the soldiers we got, they were whipped into shape in weeks. Aside from some hiccups with the rookies at the start, things went remarkably well.

When you get new alien artifacts, you spread them out between bases. Plasma weaponry? Multiple teams of scientists can collaborate in different locations, and give more fruitful results than simply trying to reproduce the weaponry. Multiple teams of engineers can handle base modifications in each location, while certain ones specialize in the manufacture of different materials, just happening to be better. Redundancy. It proved a wise decision when the aliens attempted to tear us apart from the inside - if they'd had only one base to attack, they would have probably sent dozens of UFOs to overwhelm us eventually. Having to attack them all... they were repulsed, most effectively, and the counterattack netted several UFOs on the ground and new technologies.

It took about eighteen months in total, but they were dealt with, in the end. Technologies from XCOM filtered out to the world at large, inciting a leap ahead on the scale of the transistor. Alien alloys, synthetic elerium, medical technologies, all adapted to human society, rather than aliens, subverting and destroying races for their own gain.... and okay, perhaps I might have meddled to permit the replication of synthetic elerium, but who wouldn't?
>>
>>54813308
In any event, the political reality mandated a unified government in the face of potential hostile extraterrestrials - I helped grease the political wheels to make the transition smoother, but it was an undeniable reality. Within a year of the aliens disappearing, orbital satellites with fusion torches were in place for defense; within five more years, spaceships were starting to explore the solar system, in preparation to scout nearby stars.

Humanity had defended itself, and was preparing to excise the cancer that was the xeno threat.

And what of EXALT, you ask?

Well. They interfered in an operation, but survivors were brought back for interrogation, kept sedated. I went down and interviewed them personally, brought my own abilities to bear. They tried to kill themselves and found the cyanide tooth implanted in their jaw was a normal tooth. Other similar contingencies were likewise useless, especially in the face of a precog. I addressed them by name, I outlined every last detail, I used my abilities to explore their pasts and future.

What I found disgusted me: these were men with day jobs, seeking their own gain. They wanted to use alien technologies to assume control of the planet themselves, and did not care in the least who they destroyed to do it.

I feel I was merciful in my reaction. I traced their history, I tore out their memories to verify everything from their motives to their supply caches, and then I obliviated them of all of that before sending them back home, and then I moved on and dismantled their entire network, one obliviation at a time. Sure, they might have still had the same friends, the same motives, but they never had the understanding that they'd had in the beginning, and they'd never have the opportunistic timing either. Hilariously, some eventually ended up signing on with XCOM, and they were welcomed (although an eye was kept on them, of course).
>>
>>54813204
>a stretch.
>>
>>54813254
I dont care if he gets superpowers through liking flat chests, he couldnt be more wrong
>>
>>54808723
Battletech. Go lostech hunting in 3025 and maybe fend off the C* killsquads after you to keep your tech in the hands of Blake's chosen.
>>
>>54813237
>>54813214
Twenty-one. You forgot Omegon.
>>
>>54813546
But are we sure Omegon's real.

What if it's just Alpharius.
>>
I was working on the Sailor Moon update, and I got struck with the impulse to give Elibe an update.

Here you go.

Ver 1.1 - Graphics Update, Quintessence Focus Ring/Instrument Is free for people who took the Quintessence Well Perk instead of a discount, Cavs get a discount on the Armorslaying Weapon, Knights get Heavy Weapons for free, Pegasus Knights get a Slim Weapon for free, Legendary Weapon Creation is now 500 CP instead of 600 CP, Canon Companion Purchase is 100 CP instead of 200 CP, Triangle Attack now costs 100 CP instead of 200 CP, Lord Class is now 300 CP instead of 400 CP, Sword Of Seals costs 500 CP Now, Empathetic Weapon is 400 CP, Legendary Weapon Of Elibe is 300 CP now.
>>
>>54813589
So Alpharius fought Alpharius while pretending to be Omegon who was pretending to be Alpharius?

I don't know anon that doesn't sound complicated enough to be an Alpha Legion plot.
>>
>>54813621
That is something Alpharius would say
t.Alpharius
>>
>>54813600
>Sailor Moon update
Oh?
>>
>>54813650
But anon, that is exactly what Omegon would say!
t.Omegon
>>
>>54813589
>>54813621
>>54813650
>>54813663
Is this incest or masturbation?
>>
Would it be possible to absorb the power of Washu's gems Post-Spark if you were "merely" a universal reality warper?
>>
I'm trying to find a perk /JC/, one that I know exists but cannot seem to find anymore. It let you use your magic to greatly enhance technological items, not so much enchanting them as safely overclocking them by just throwing magic at them to make them work better.

Does anyone know where that perk might be from?
>>
Are there any perks that make you extremely skilled at a thing? As in you get to choose the thing?
>>
>>54813754
Anima has some good ones.
>>
File: jeanne sit.png (159KB, 256x298px) Image search: [Google]
jeanne sit.png
159KB, 256x298px
>>54813651
Giving Sailor Moon a colored background + colored text, making minor adjustments here and there.

Plus a scenario for evil/antihero jumpers that pits you against the Moon Kingdom. Your goal in that? Humanity must push past the Solar System, of course.
>>
>>54813770
>spoiler
Sounds interesting. But wait, that goal doesn't sound evil, unless you mean doing that via creating an empire or something.
>>
>>54813729
Magitek Mastery from Final Fantasy 6

>By altering your devices to use something magical in nature, such as a magicite stone, an enchanted item, or just raw magical energy, you can enhance it in every single way and give it unique properties.

I believe this next part of the perk satisfies the latter half of the specifications you mentioned

>This isn't some measly effect restricted to the mundane or basic, no, magic can infused into any sort of technological device to enhance its functionality and give it a partially magical nature and powers.
>>
>>54813600
What's with all the price drops?
>>
File: dolphin stare.jpg (42KB, 540x369px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin stare.jpg
42KB, 540x369px
>>54813803
The Moon Kingdom doesn't agree that humanity should expand past the Solar System. The Outer Senshi are the stronger senshi for a reason. They're meant to fight invaders to the system. And they think it's dangerous out there. Which it is! But it's nothing the Moon Kingdom can't handle.

So you're gonna have to beat their ass to get them to let you do it and the rest of the Senshi are obligated to aid the Moon Kingdom as it fights against you, but it's entirely optional to kill them. If you've got charisma, you can convince them to your side once you've had a few fights.
>>
>>54813846
She's absorbed some traits from prolonged exposure to SBers.
>>
>>54813840
That's pretty close, thanks. The actual perk let you just pick something up and channel magic into it, but this might do.
>>
>>54813860
Sounds interesting. By the way, if you don't mind, I've got a question about the new Fire Emblem jump. Do we still need to use the Dragonstones to transform post-jump?
>>
File: DIARMUID FAST.jpg (23KB, 637x360px) Image search: [Google]
DIARMUID FAST.jpg
23KB, 637x360px
>>54813846
I just felt like certain things should be less pricey, looking it over now that I feel more confident in myself as a jumpmaker.
>>
If something costs all your starting CP + the maximum drawback limit, should you reconsider offering it?
>>
>>54813899
It just feels like a whole load of price drops and upping the amount of stuff you get for no real reason.
>>
>>54813906
Depends on the context of the series. If it's a very minor thing in terms of how much presence it has, maybe not. If the thing you're looking at plays a huge role, maybe yes. Either way you don't HAVE to offer it.
>>
File: Wizard Colossus Armor.jpg (141KB, 1440x790px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard Colossus Armor.jpg
141KB, 1440x790px
Arcane magic users from Forgotten Realms should be able to use their magic outside of the Weave if they have their own internal reservoir of magic like a mana pool, right? At least to a point.
>>
>>54813906
It's up to you, but probably not if at that price it probably overshadows everything else in both jump and setting by a wild margin. What did you have in mind?
>>
>>54813909
See >>54813874 . There is a reason.
>>
File: adventurer jumper.png (2MB, 1280x985px) Image search: [Google]
adventurer jumper.png
2MB, 1280x985px
>>54813890
Nope. It's the same thing as with most other Fire Emblem jumps. You don't need the dragonstones to transform if you don't wanna.

If you take the "Bringing Back Glory To The Dragons" reward and Gotoh improves your dragonstone, you get the enhancements to your dragon form as usual. Although other humans you give the dragonstones from the scenario will need to them to transform.

>>54813909
I just felt like certain things should be less pricey. Which price drops in particular bother you?
>>
>>54813920
>>54813928
Not working on anything (relevant) currently, was just pondering.
>>
>>54813944
Well. all of them. It feels like it's being done because you had a build and wanted to get more, since there's no real reason such as -this was too expensive compared to these other purchases- or -this origin was getting more than others so it got balanced out-. There's no reason beyond you wanting things cheaper, which feels a bit skeevy, when no one seemed to have any issue with any of the pricing or freebie choices.
>>
>>54813906
No. Consider the following: Ultimate Lifeform.
>>
File: Our True Final Battle.png (2MB, 1600x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Our True Final Battle.png
2MB, 1600x1132px
>>54813944
Cool, thanks NikaMoth. Take this cool image as a sign of my thanks.
>>
File: 1459822657210.gif (900KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1459822657210.gif
900KB, 500x333px
>>54813860
Hey, another reason I can use to prop up why they look askance at Sailor Eris. Other than the villain perks and, you know, the Chaos theme. Now, controversial political opinions! Maybe a brief turn to the badguy side back in the past too? All kinds of thinks to hang a plot on!
>>
>>54813974
Isn't that a really high power jump where most of the purchases give some pretty crazy stuff anyway? I really don't think it overshadows the rest of the jump when you can buy top level stands for 200cp.
>>
>>54813968
This >>54813930 .
>>
>>54813925
Jumper can do it by jumpchain fiat.

Also though, if you have taken magic from another DnD setting, why wouldn't you be able to use your mana/whatever for your FR classes? The weave is just the power supply after all.
>>
>>54813906
If you are thinking of pricing something that expensive you have to ask yourself, do you really want to be offering it?

If it is something you feel you need to offer since it is really key to the setting you should lower the price even if only to prevent boring one purchase builds.

If it is something powerful enough to warrant such a price but not important enough that it needs to be in the jump it would probably be best to just leave it out.

Either way you should not have options that on their own cost your entire budget + max drawbacks.
>>
>>54813984
Pfft no. That jump is relatively mid powered at best in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>54813968
Sometimes jumpmakers are unhappy with their work and tweak it based on how they think it should be rather than how anons demand it be. There's no reason to throw a big fit over it.
>>
>>54813968
Well, see, I wanted to balance a few of the classes out.

I'll probably make Legendary Weapon Smithing and the bigger weapons to their original price.

The canon companions were made cheaper because I dropped the price for them in Fire Emblem Heroes and it bugged me that the price was cheaper for it there than in other Fire Emblem Jumps. I'll probably fix the companion price in other jumps as well.

Lord I absolutely felt as a class was overpriced so I dropped it to 300 CP.
>>
>>54814000
Hmm... Interesting advice. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>54814000
>If it is something you feel you need to offer since it is really key to the setting you should lower the price even if only to prevent boring one purchase builds.
While I agree with most of your post, this is a dumb thing. If it needs to be offered and it is that powerful, it should be priced that high. Avoiding one note builds is not enough reason to unbalance the jump like that, especially since it still results in everyone taking it anyway. It just means everyone takes the really good perk and everything else, only everything else seems worse off because of how cheap that one awesome thing is
>>
>>54814011
Okay, that makes more sense.

It's just a feeling I got since you seemed to be going around and doing price drops to a lot of your stuff, which gave the feeling you were doing it as you jumped them.
>>
>>54813984
Not him but for better or worse, I think it's worth noting that the character seen using it most is a literal plot device. As in, Kars not only steals the villains' universe changing Stands but then saves everyone's asses from Do by using them to make it so the plot never happened
>>
>>54814008
>Full Time travel
>Universal scale reality warping
>Universe creation
>Concept bullshit
>>
>>54814008
...Really. Because I can't think of many jumps that straight up give you relatively easily-accessed universal scale abilities without locking it until Post-Spark. Saint Seiya can get you there, but it'll take an absolute shit-ton of effort.
>>
>>54813989
I just don't automatically assume everything will work from one world to another depending on the source of the ability and I don't really know much about FR. Trying to figure out the Spellplague and how if magic is absent in the world i.e. you go to a world without it what will happen.
>>
File: jumpchain be afraid.jpg (161KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
jumpchain be afraid.jpg
161KB, 650x650px
>>54814026
Oh no, I didn't. I'm doing all these updates since I've been meaning to update them. I was just gonna do it after I completed Archanea, which I did!
>>
>>54814026
Look here for the real reason: >>54813985 .
>>
>>54814083
Holy shit, you sure are desperate for this (You). Here you go champ, now run along. Into a woodchipper.
>>
>>54814092
Oh no anon, we had a combo chain going. I wanted to see how desperate he'd get.
>>
>>54814043
>Concept bullshit
I wonder if stabbing an Exalt/ation would do anything worthwhile.
>>
>>54814043
>>54814107
With a Stand Arrow. Like Black Sabbath.
>>
>>54814107
>>54814116
Huh. You know, we do only see human souls make Stands, or at least humans and people who haven't really shown much "better" souls than mundane humans. Could be worth experimenting on.
>>
>>54814138
We see animal stands too.
>>
So.
Giving Bob and Frank from Symbiote 「Stands」.
Good idea, or best idea?
>>
>>54814138
Animals and inanimate objects also develop stands fairly frequently.
>>
File: 1327707335429.jpg (110KB, 700x800px) Image search: [Google]
1327707335429.jpg
110KB, 700x800px
>Binge My Hero Academia over the week.
>Start imagining what my quirk would be and what I'd do with it.
>Think it'd be cool to have paper manipulation like Read or Die.
>Finish and check the jump out.
>There's nothing like that.
I know I'm being silly.
>>
File: 1481243585436.jpg (129KB, 750x576px) Image search: [Google]
1481243585436.jpg
129KB, 750x576px
>>54810476
>>
>>54814180
F
>>
>>54814180
Considering how many people have tried to get some Read or Die style paper manipulation from so many different jumps (notably Konata and others learning from Konan in Naruto) I'm really surprised we still don't have that jump.

Does nobody like the setting enough to make it?
>>
>>54814051
Like under ten years of shit-ton effort. And many doesn't mean none.
>>
>>54814202
Someone tried long ago, but they disappeared.
>>
>>54814020
That is unlikely, if it really is that central there are probably other things in the jump that can if not compete with the great thing on their own do so together.

For example if there is one 1200 CP perk that is really powerful, the drawback cap is the usual 1600. This means that at most there is only 400 left to spend. In a jump where such a powerful thing is a central focus the capstones are likely to be extremely powerful and desirable. If you pass on the big perk you can afford to take more than one of the capstones as well as other perks which may as a whole be more valuable than the single big perk. Or more valuable to the specific jumper.

If the jump is built to accommodate such a perk lowering the price slightly to accommodate a few smaller purchases or a capstone gives more flavor to those builds and doesn't affect those who would rather a more interesting build.
>>
>>54814180
Considering how many powers there are and how paper manipulation has no presence in the series, yeah, it's pretty silly.

Also if you want it just ask for it rather then doing this weird circular ask.
>>
>>54814150
>>54814168
And Kars and Dio. But they didn't really indicate that they had any notable spiritual power before manifesting a Stand, and thus I'm not sure I'd consider their souls "better" than normal humans. I guess I could have said "beings" instead of "people".
>>
>>54814138
What? No, we see everything get Stands, animals and inanimate objects get Stands.

>>54814180
I think NuBee hinted at a long time ago updating the Jump as the series progressed, he'll probably include more Quirks when that happens.
>>
>>54814210
How many jumps with over 1000 cp perks have a drawback of 600?
>>
>>54814215
Eh, thing is, it doesn't stand out from the stuff we see in the series. That is, there's a lot of things similar to it so it wouldn't be out of place. And OC quirks are always a good thing.

I'm not asking though, just expressing a little disappointment in a silly fantasy being dashed. It's no big deal.
>>
>>54814210
>If it really is that central there are probably other things that can compete
There's no reason for that to be true and it's highly subjective depending on the setting and the jumpmaker's skill at making perks appealing.

>the capstones are likely to be powerful
No, there's also no reason for this. The whole point of this one option costing so much more is that it's that much more better. There's no basis for this idea that the capstones will also be really strong.

Your arguments don't have any real weight to them because they're relying on things that are entirely subjective to each jump and in no way linked to a jump having a single big purchase option.

Lowering the price adds more variety, yes, but it still results in one option being much more appealing than everything else despite not costing enough to justify it. And if you do have options appealing enough to come close....why are you even making that one thing cost that much in the first place because obviously you've got other things near that level instead.
>>
>>54814217
Why would souls and their quality matter when things without them can get Stands too?
>>
>>54814189
I don't think I've laughed like that in a while.
>>
>>54813974
You know. That option isn't actually costing your max CP. You can get enough for a full racial perkline even with that perk. Idiot.
>>
Jump #388: XCOM 2
>The Devil: Lust for and obsession with money and power.
>Age: 49
>Location: Europe
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: (0) Season 2
All around me are familiar faces.
>Instinctual Administration (900, Drop-In)
Oh, this is going to be so helpful with CruxCorp down the line...
>Oversight (800, Drop-In)
Okay, now this is just cool. Cutaway view of everything I might own for diagrams, it's nifty.
>Inconspicuous (600)
So wait. This is literally the 'you can disguise yourself with a fake moustache and glasses' perk? Yes please.
>Advanced Materials (400)
Huh, this is neat. If I want to mix strange things from other universes, at least I'll have an idea as to the effect instead of just having to guess before I do it. That's actually been the cause of many a singed eyebrow.
>Peak ADVENT Technology (200)
So 20th century tech isn't enough, now I've got the bulk of the aliens' tech, too. Well, the occupation government, at least. Still useful, though. No gene modding though? That's okay, because that's not how gene modding works in any other reality. Except maybe Naruto.
>Field Commander (0)
So Bradford will sit down and shut up while I run the show. Good, he's not very good at this.

At the start of the jump, something seems to itch at the edge of my senses. I'm back in the same role, playing commander, but I feel detached. It feels like I am literally PLAYING commander, and this isn't quite right. Everyone is two dimensional. And so I stretch my senses outward -

My senses don't stretch outward in my role as commander, which raises a red flag. So I stop what I'm doing, heedless of the screams of my soldiers as they are left to their own devices, and I center myself before probing with my senses again. And... the soldiers are real enough, but not quite... right. I probe myself with my senses, and it feels like a virtuality. Data. And since I really don't have the patience for this, I sever the connection and open my eyes.
>>
>>54814301
A life support suit, but designed to keep a man bound. But despite being where I am, I am no mere mortal.

As a firefight begins outside of the building I'm in, said building goes dark. Then the block goes dark. Then the city goes dark... and then every city goes dark. Traditional weaponry works just fine, but anything that requires advanced technology - laser and plasma weaponry, for example - does not. The battle becomes a rout, the Advent forces trying and failing to hold off the humans. And then the xenos collapse like puppets with cut strings.

When Bradford enters, I've broken out of the test tube and am tearing the stasis suit from my emaciated body, and I shoot him a crooked smile. He offers a terse, "Commander," to me, his weapon held at a low ready. I raise a hand in a weak wave, before collapsing. He hustles me away.

The lights never come back on worldwide. The Advent government panics, and without their puppets psionically connected, they're useless. To keep the peace, Advent starts using sectoids again, this time as commanders to handle their puppets. But it's a funny thing, how technology failing utterly can cause people to feel unrest; and when the unrest is answered with oppression, and Advent can't push propaganda easily, people push back and start to rebel.

When the lights come back on, every screen that can show images worldwide begins showing interesting things. Footage from inside the facilities showing atrocities. Humans being experimented on. Advent outright murdering those who lived outside the cities. Files that should have never seen the light of day. If Advent were having problems with protests and rebels before, this throws everything into full blown rebellion.
>>
>>54814309
Into that mix comes XCOM, who are now outfitted with the best human technology that money can't buy. No, not robots or plasma guns, not W.A.R. suits and hellweave. Carapace armor, bolt rifles, drop pods. XCOM had spent the last six weeks being drilled to deal with new equipment that was foreign to them, but more intuitive than any xeno wargear, because it had been designed by human hands for use by mankind to defeat its enemies. Sure, in the end the bolters ran dry and had to be loaded with shotgun slugs instead, but by that point Advent had been largely defeated anyway, torn down so that men might rule themselves and destroy their oppressors.

The Avatar project was a bust, all of the technology scrambled and failed, suppressed by the same being that stepped between worlds to erase the Ethereals from existence. A being who was able to seize control of all technology worldwide, to help return the planet to its rightful owners before he travelled onward. The same one who gave XCOM the tools to fight the aliens on their own terms, and to take the fight to the stars if need be.

And yes, I gave them synthetic elerium again, along with the rest of the research that had been done the first time around. It's a harsh universe out there - they need the tools to be able to fight whatever might lurk in the black.
>>
>>54814277
Do you have a pastebin or something with your story pieces in it? Or at least your most recent few?
>>
>>54814365
Only the really big ones are there. I need to go through the archives and start putting more of them into the pastebin, I think.

http://pastebin.com/u/Kuroji/1/qifJf7rE
>>
>>54814254
>There's no reason for that to be true
>No, there's also no reason for this.
Yes there is, if there weren't other perks that could in some way compete with the big one it shouldn't be offered. Because OTB. If it isn't OTB it just isn't worth the full budget+max drawbacks price tag.

>they're relying on things that are entirely subjective to each jump
Yes I am making assumptions, I am assuming the perk in question is not so good that it is automatically taken by everyone who doesn't just not like the idea behind the perk and there would be competition for that CP. If not the jump is flawed due to that perk being either too powerful or the others not being powerful enough.

>And if you do have options appealing enough to come close....why are you even making that one thing cost that much in the first place because obviously you've got other things near that level instead.
That is more or less the core of my argument, if such a perk is being offered the rest of the jump shouldn't be completely out-shined by it, including it at all pretty much requires competing builds which removes the reasoning for the max CP price tag.
>>
Would there be any interest in a jump of the pic-related series?
>>
File: drinking moogle.png (521KB, 565x564px) Image search: [Google]
drinking moogle.png
521KB, 565x564px
>>54813981
Of course you may. I approve of that detail.
>>
>>54814458
The whole point of making it cost so much is to avoid OTB. You make perks that can be appealing so as to give reason to not go for the max cost option. If it's not costing so much...it's still an OTB. Your solution doesn't stop it being taken. It just means people get the OTB and more on top.

So you're assuming that whatever setting this situation occurs, it has this perfect balance where you will be able to get multiple perks that are appealing enough to compete with a max drawback perk without somehow making the need for such a perk irrelevant. That's a pretty idealistic view of the situation.

And the rest of the jump won't be outshined if you make it cost a worthy amount and include lots of good options. Your solution of making it cheaper doesn't stop it being the only thing anyone talks about the jump for. It doesn't stop it being an OTB. It just means the really good thing is now underpriced.

It is balanced out by that high cost. If it must be offered and it is worth that much, offer it for how much it is worth. Your approach of reducing the price to prevent OTB not only does not prevent OTB, since everyone will still take it and possibly more people will take it now that it's more affordable, but there's no guarantee it won't still be the only thing talked about and you've added the problem of it being underpriced.

Your solution is not one. It has the same issues and adds more issues on top.
>>
>>54814511
What's it about?
>>
>>54814458
>>54814514
Yeah I'm struggling to see the OTB solution here too.

Let's say this hypothetical perk costs 1600 and the drawback cap is 600. That means it's all your getting. A lot of people might go for it if it's good enough (Though it might not be worth that much and be seen as being overpriced, possiblitiy exists.) Now let's reduce that to 1000. No longer need to go into drawbacks. Not needing to do that makes it appealing for some who might have thought the drawbacks too much for them. More people taking it. People who might have found it overpriced may no longer do so, more people taking it. The same people who bought it before can now get it without needing to go into drawbacks. No drop from the original number of people taking it.

I'm really not seeing the change lowering the cost does, since all it seems is make it MORE LIKELY to be taken. The most change I can see is that you can now get some more stuff with that one perk most people would be getting.
>>
>>54814540
A series of miscellaneous adventures in a high-fantasy setting. There are... works which are better written, but the word-building was pretty cool I thought.
>>
File: eldigan.png (2MB, 1185x1902px) Image search: [Google]
eldigan.png
2MB, 1185x1902px
>>54814511
>Flowing blonde hair
>Red and black outfit
>Sword

Eldigan/Eltshan...Is it you?

I kid, I kid, but if you really like the series you should make a jump out of one.
>>
>>54814511
>>54814559
>but if you really like the series you should make a jump out of one
Hmm... okay. Tentative claim on Legends of Ethshar, then.
>>
File: Generic Isekai Jumpchain v0.2.pdf (112KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Generic Isekai Jumpchain v0.2.pdf
112KB, 1x1px
Hey everyone, it's a Generic Isekai update!

Late in the thread, but I might as well drop it. After reading everyone's comments, I tried to revise things. Gimme feedback.
>>
>>54813014
D&D calls the tactic you're looking for "Scry & Die". Step one, use crystal ball or scry spell to view target, step two, teleport there. If you don't have scrying magic (or it's blocked), you just need to get anyone on the ship to open video communications. Heh, ships in Star Trek would be very vulnerable to this...
>>
>>54814601
Changelog?
>>
>>54814601
>Credit for the original WIP of this jump to Anonymous
Lul. But it was actually Tamerai.
>>
>>54814611
Probably would have been a good idea.

1. Heavily overhauled cheats, turning several perks and items into new ones and revising old ones.
2. Replaced the cheat-ified perks and items with ones that are hopefully less shit.
3. Resigned myself to being unable to write a good harem perk to save my life.
>>
>>54814622
Okay see I checked the WIP and asked for a name and never got one. I'll update that.
>>
>>54814601
Dammit, I really needed to go to sleep. Why do jumps I'm interested in always get posted at 4 AM?
>>
>>54814685
Go to sleep anon, the jump will still be there for you to gush and/or REEEEEEE over tomorrow.
>>
>>54814601
>removed "harem" perk
Ah, too bad. Thought that one was pretty nifty.
>>
>>54814601
>Perceptive [600cp]:
Does this do anything for magic that isn't based on "mana"?
>>
>>54814723
Any specific examples? It could be generalized to apply to any sort of metaphysical/unique energies in a new world. Would make sense with the style of the perk.
>>
>>54814749
Uh, I dunno? Harry Potter magic? D&D?
>>
>>54814601
Some of the cheats are significantly better than others. Like "copy a skill into a book" vs. "a thousand times more powerful than a master mage, and that's just to START".

Plus I think your old system of having the cheats be CP purchases was significantly better.
>>
>>54814777
There's a difference between energy reserves and power. But yes, I agree. They are not all equal.

I switched away from CP purchases since I wanted everyone to be able to get a cheat. I could add an option to freely pick your cheat for a minor fee, though.
>>
>>54814777
Being able to just casually make a book containing someone's skill has a lot of potential, anon. And usually you'd need to learn spells to make use of that mana.
>>
>>54814830
Honestly, I don't know how to explain it, but the just simply doesn't feel very isekai-like. The drawbacks especially so.
>>
File: ImagesCALJCR4I.jpg (5KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
ImagesCALJCR4I.jpg
5KB, 251x201px
>>54814601
>Sentient Item
>no more complex than a personal computer
So, only old-style analog vending machines?

Sadly, you will never be reincarnated into an Advanced Guard Tower. /obscure reference
>>
>>54814601
>has given you unusual understanding of your own body, and its relation to the world around you
Does this mean anything other than being able to perceive mana?
>>
>>54814848
The lack of a narrative is probably part of the issue.
>>
File: Angel Notes.pdf (530KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Angel Notes.pdf
530KB, 1x1px
Little bit later then mid day but here it is nonetheless. Not too big but I'm pretty happy given the size of the source material. Hope y'all enjoy Angel Notes.
>>
>>54814601
Does the knowledge portion of Thorough Research update post-jump?
>>
>>54814908
> What limits you is that you can only teach what you yourself comprehend. If you cannot die, you cannot introduce death to a being that does not have it. If you don’t weaken to old age, you can’t make something weak from age either.
So is this more based on comprehension or ability? Because it's plenty easy to comprehend weakening with age if you've experienced it, and then get something that... makes you not.
>>
>>54814180
Why not take Fiber Master? Paper is a textile, then add on some Empowered Quirk (x2) to get it to level 4.

>>54814908
Val you're releasing jumps faster than I can jump them.
>>
>>54814891
You could probably choose to be a basic guard tower and get Upgrade. I guess?

>>54814920
Damn, forgot to clarify that. I made a note to myself and everything. Yes, it does. It always takes the form of familiarity with a game, though. So if it's a world not based on a game you'll just have memories of playing a very well-done game adaptation of it.
>>
>>54814954
Ability, hence the examples wording.
>>
>>54814908
>a grate being
Just a typo.

Great jump, thanks Val.
>>
>>54814973
gyuhu

Thanks anon.
>>
>>54814954
It's more conceptual comprehension from the looks of it. If you can't do something, you can't force it on something else. If you don't age, you can't make something age, if you don't get hungry, you can't enforce the concept of hunger on something.
>>
File: SCREAMING HAMSTER.jpg (30KB, 784x866px) Image search: [Google]
SCREAMING HAMSTER.jpg
30KB, 784x866px
>>54814908
Was about to sleep but now I gotta read!!!
>>
>>54814908
Any chance that we can take the jump and scenario seperately?
>>
File: Angel Notes.pdf (531KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Angel Notes.pdf
531KB, 1x1px
Forgot to add in the note about Knight Arms at the end. Ooops.
>>
>>54814830
Not bad SoftAnon, I like the rewrite of the cheats.

You could also add a generic loyal goblin/slime/whatever advisor (A minor monster that knows about the world). (Reborn or Summoned?)

On the item section, the gamer could have battle pets (Doubling as mount). Also a health/mana potion belt, Noble title for the reborn (Something good, but not like a Duke, a Baron perhaps?), Also a library could be nice.

A guild base for the gamer.

A Mercenary companion/servant that you somehow made in a game and is now real (Gamer discount)

Royalty of some sorts that has taken a shine to you (Summoned discount)

A Knight/Ninja/whatever sworn to protect you (Reborn discount, cause yer important apparently?)

How does this look?
>>
>>54814968
...Uh, okay. It certainly is an odd choice of words. I can only presume it's called that in-setting? Especially considering...

>Bridging the Worlds

It's impossible to understand things that you're not?
>>
>>54815025
Eh, not for this one. Don't feel it fits like it will with DI, since DI could happen at any time and this one...kinda goes right into it.
>>
>>54814968
Would taking Bridging the Worlds mitigate that?
>>
>>54815042
Well, I'd assumed the several examples would have been enough to make it clear. It's why they were there.

It's not impossible to understand, it's just that that understanding can come with downsides. A deathless being coming to understand death, through whatever means that is possible, then becomes able to die. A being that understands what love is becomes able to love. That sort of thing.
>>
>>54815055
Nope. Gotta be it to teach it.
>>
>>54815045
Alright. Also, could you let us become the Aristotele of the Sun? I don't need some power boost that might or might now come with it, but I've been focusing on Fire & Sunlight this entire chain, so it'd fit neatly.
>>
>>54815076
You can, but you wouldn't be any stronger than normal.
>>
>>54815089
Nice. Just asking because it said this in the jump
>In your case, it would be a moon or planet in this solar system
>>
>>54814908
>Literally fight an actual universe
Is this the best end scenario in jumpchain?
>>
>>54815105
Oh, my bad. Yeah, I'll note it can be a star, though I think that'll be the limit.
>>
>>54815106
Given the Aristoteles you'll face represent not just individual celestial bodies but also formations (i.e galaxies or the universe), yeah, you're righting effectively a universe. Or at least all the strongest guys in each universe.
>>
>>54815129
fighting*
>>
>>54814908
So if you're an Aristotele and take Ether Liner's 600 cp perk, you can force the concept of death if you understand something?
>>
>>54815144
Bit of a unique situation there. Technically you lack the concept of death but in reality, you're still perfectly able to die or be made to die through things in this universe or in others. Concept shit yo.

So yeah, you could force the concept of death onto things to make them able to be killed if you take that as an Aristoteles.
>>
>>54814601

I kinda liked the cheats being CP purchases but eh. Is it just me or did you completely remove the harem perk?
>>
>>54814964
I dunno, paper isn't really referred to as a textile.
>>
>>54815031
Is there enough info in the series to clarify the strength/speed/durability of an Aristotels beyond "ungodly" ?

How big of a boost would Ultimate One be?

What would a fully mastered reality Marble look like? Is that shorthand for reality warping on a continental/planetary scale?
>>
>>54815170
So if you had both of those perks, could you force any concept you are capable of comprehending on others? Truth of the World's last sentence indicates this isn't the case.
>>
>>54815058
k.
>>
>>54814601
I think you should be able to buy additional cheats with CP. Also, Skill Books, Gatekeeper, and Gacha seem kinda meh comapred to the others, and Absorptive Stomach should also be able to get you the abilities of the things you eat, not just simple stats. More drawbacks, especially ones actually thematic to the isekai genre, would also be appreciated. Otherwise, it 's a great improvement over the last version.
>>
>>54815170
>you lack the concept of death but in reality, you're still perfectly able to die
What do you mean by this? Is it a case of enough bigatons? Or does killing an Aristototeles mandate conceptual hax?
>>
>>54814967
>be basic guard tower and get Upgrade
Huh. That's... actually I like this. Which of the allowed categories would that fall under? "tool"? (now I'm wondering what vending machines fall under).

>Upgrade
>paying a price in mana
Is this a temporary or permanent price?

>Sentient Item
Oh, now that I'm really contemplating this, what (if anything) do you retain of your original sensorium despite no longer having the appropriate biology? E.g. if you woke up as a sword, would you have to use Upgrade just to be able to see despite having no eyes?
>>
>>54815227
Anon, this question already got asked and answered above. Literally just scroll up.
>>
>>54815248
I think she might be referring to how you're a Jumper first and are already carrying those kinds of concepts. It'd be like how you don't lose your soul just because you become some soulless race in a Jump, I think.
>>
>>54815226
Well, there are feats. They're described as being able to destroy continents, tear apart continent plates or pierce through them, they can move across interplanetary distances at at least some great speed and they're tough enough that there's basically nothing the A Rays or Ether Liners can do to hurt them without resorting to conceptual magic bullshit, and each of those races can at least hit with force greater than a nuclear bomb.

Not terribly clear, we don't get a good comparison between the leader and others. It's probably at least a few times greater, probably less than ten though.

Effectively, though on much smaller of a scale. Still in the range of a few dozen kilometres but not planetary. Not unless you get a lot bigger.

>>54815227
No, you still need to be able to do a thing you force on another.

>>54815248
Usually concept hax, yes. Whether that means applying the concept of death so you can die or just somehow bypassing it entirely to kill you anyway, it's definitely still possible for you to die.
>>
>>54815266
>Ether Liners
Didn't one Ether Liner basically kill a TYPE by himself? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?
>>
>>54815280
He did but like I said, conceptual bullshit. That was Ado Edem, using his Knight Arm called Slash Emperor. A sword that got fuckhuge and applied Truth/the concept of Death to the target when he hit it. He didn't kill it just with biggatons.
>>
>>54815222
Also reading the quirk now, it talks specifically about clothes and working best on denim.
>>
>>54815292
Oh, I thought Knight Arms were just weapons with biggatons. Didn't know that they could also have conceptual abilities.
>>
The issue with jumpchain is that you end up so crazy OP and it impossible to do anything
>>
>>54815292
Are there any other examples of Knight Arms other than Slash Emperor? Just curious about what their capabilities are.
>>
>>54815266
Does the "reality marble" count as anything for the purposes of perks which affect certain types of abilities?
>>
>>54815266
Can your Aristoteles form look human(oid), or does it need to be something weird?
>>
>>54815338
Real of the World is the only other named one. I'm not sure whether this is canon or fanon but I believe it's CRIMSON MOON's Knight Arm (Somehow) and let him drop a Moon on the earth/replicate any past phenomena that happened on earth. May just be fanon though since I was having trouble finding this.

>>54815340
Er...not sure. I guess if anything it'd count as something from your soul.

>>54815347
It can be humanoid, Venus eventually takes on the appearance of a little angel girl, but I don't think it can be human.
>>
>>54815360
Do Knight Arms require constant maintenance or do they have a one-time cost?
>>
>>54815374
You can leave them out if you like or being them back into your body. Should mention that actually. There's no cost to maintaining them, far as I can tell.
>>
For some reason, I feel like claiming Saturn. Then pull some Sidereal fate hax (and decorate the air around my reality marble with sutra scrolls) as I wipe out the remnants of Gaia's traitorous bastards.

Because Everything has an End.
>>
>>54815031
If you took the Gaia lives drawback as a Pure Human, told* her you could heal her and then did so, how would she react?

*how can one communicate with Gaia anyway? is she omnipresent within Earth's biosphere? if you had a perk to talk with spirits, would that be enough or would you have to go somewhere particular on/in Earth?
>>
>>54815360
>The one exception to this is one ability or area in which they have significantly increased power compared to you, their specialty
Can their "specialty" be changed, or is it "locked in" once you create them? When you do so, can you choose what their specialty is?
>>
>>54815360
Iirc Crimson Moon had a Knight Arm. And may have looked like Arc. So they can get pretty close.
>>
>>54815385
Renewed, much more effective, attempts to murder you. At least at first, it might be possible, if you had a way to communicate and get through to her, to eventually convince her to chill the fuck out and listen.

I'm..not terribly sure. I imagine she'd be omnipresent within the worlds reach, at least when alive, and that those sort of perks should work.
>>
>>54815396
Pretty much locked in once you make them, it's their specific thing. You do choose though.
>>
>>54815406
Is that forever, or will reactivating them give them different specialties?
>>
>>54815360
Do you need to be in your Aristoteles form to use the RM?
>>
>>54815428
Hmm.Sure, you can rechoose once you resummon them, though they'd have a different personality if you did, like it was another clone.
>>
>>54815444
Yes.
>>
>>54815320
Too powerful to do anything? Wut?
>>
>>54815405
So. Is/was Gaia-of-Angel Notes also split into Gaia and Alaya?
>>
>>54815463
Not sure, Alaya isn't mentioned. I imagine probably not, or at the very least the Counter Force isn't a thing, given the events that happen.
>>
How does Rory from Gate stack up against Servants from Fate?
>>
>>54815448
That's good, thanks. I was thinking it might be annoying if you chose certain specialties early on and then obtained something more worthwhile further in the chain.

If you "resummon" a clone with the same area or ability as one you "discarded", will they have the same personality as that one, or will they be new clones in their totality?
>>
>>54815469
Very poorly. She has a harsh lack of strength, speed and durability feats and I wouldn't trust that she could beat anyone beyond Caster or maybe True Assassin if he doesn't use his NP. Her only advantage is her regen but that's not much when she's totally overpowered anyway.
>>
>>54815480
Yeah, the same ability will have the same sort of personality.
>>
>>54815469
Apostles from Gate are powerful in comparison to the mortals around them. They might be on-par with a weak Heroic Spirit that's unclassed and without a noble phantasm (Such as might be found in Alexander's Reality Marble.)
>>
>>54815490
As the Aristotele of the Sun (or any other Aristotele really), would I be able to chill in the sun unharmed?
>>
>>54815519
Yes.
>>
>>54815490
Nifty, thanks. One more thing: Can Knight's Armory eventually be improved beyond stuff like Real of the World, or is that a hard-cap?
>>
>>54815527
It would probably be a bad idea to show up in any main Nasu setting as an Ultimate One, huh?

Or, maybe just a really !FUN! idea.
>>
>>54815527
Nice. Guess that's how I'll spend my time there: sleeping at the centre of the sun, and waiting for Gaia to fuck my shit up due to that one drawback.
>>
>>54815533
As long as you're strong enough, it'll continue to grow.
>>
>>54815540
It'd cause some chaos.
>>
>>54814601
Looks awesome so far!
>>
>>54815552
Oh yeah, if you take Earth's Rage, would the rest of the Aristotele team up against Gaia, or would they just ignore her if she wanted to kill you?
>>
>>54815552
But Crimson Moon got away with it! Or he would have, if it weren't for that meddling Zelretch.
>>
>>54815544
Thanks. Oh, and I lied. Or rather, I was wrong. Sorry.

Another couple questions about a perk I imagine would be really fun to use with this: Boosted Tandem Style from Street Fighter, can one "source" be mixed into multiple energy types at a time? And can the individual "sources" still be accessed separately?
>>
>>54815573
She has no problem with them and the same in return. You'll be on your own in that respect.

>>54815574
It turns out old man Crimson Moon was really just Arcueid in a mask all along!

>>54815595
Yeah, if you're working with a mixed energy source, you can turn the mix into a Knight Arm. You can't use them separately if you've mixed them though, not unless you actually have separate stores that weren't mixed.
>>
>>54815601
Crimson Moon: "Ha! This isn't even my final form!"
Zelretch: "That explains a lot. Well, have fun with that. I'm going to go get drunk."
>>
>>54815601
>You can't use them separately if you've mixed them though, not unless you actually have separate stores that weren't mixed.
That raises another question, actually. For energy sources in which you have a vastly larger amount of one than the other, is the smaller one spread evenly throughout the larger pool while still imparting its effects, or can a wide enough disparity mean that you run out of the mixed energy for awhile?
>>
>>54815642
I'd...imagine it gets spread evenly, just so it doesn't get really damn confusing.
>>
>>54815648
Alright, thanks. I've been treating it like the latter for awhile now, but that makes things a bit easier.
>>
>>54815669
Whatever makes more sense anon.
>>
Anyone know if kami or youkai forms in spirited away count as altforms after jump?
>>
What are Psionics like in Stellaris? Abilities? Limits? Training requirements? [Other pertinent questions here]?
>>
>>54815601
For AI Failure, does jumping still work alright? Also, for Too Great For You, are there any limits to their knowledge about you? Like, do they know literally everything you are can do and have done, or is it more like your general nature and power level? Can Aristoteles turn against their peers without taking that drawback?
>>
>>54815746
Jumping works. Just your nature and power, not your every ability. They could, yes, though they'd need reason to.
>>
>>54815759
Cool. Thanks, Val.
>>
>>54815759
How would an Aristotele with Ultimate One compare to Gaia in a fight? Assuming that all Aristotele are around the same level of strength (no clue if that's true though), you should be a lot stronger than her, right?
>>
>>54815462
To powerful to be anything but a God
>>
>>54815782
They'd be slaughtered. There's a difference between an Aristoteles and an entire planet. You're just the strongest species on your planet and the avatar of your planet's will, not the planet itself.

That said, that's a healthy Gaia. Even the drawback version for Aristoteles is still dying and sickened. All 8-9 Aristoteles together could beat her, though it'd be a rough fight.
>>
What's a good Jumpchain path for me? I want to
1)Slowly build path to Godhood
And
2)Find a soul mate to do it with
>>
>>54815405
Thanks. If you did heal the world so that normal life flourished again, would the halt of Grain production/arrival be harmful to the A Rays?
>>
>>54815601
Oh, I just remembered something I wanted to ask about Weakness of Beatrice: Can Lovely Garden be used on innate magical abilities like those offered to non-humans?
>>
>>54815836
Well, you'd probably need to reestablish the Grand Reality Marble but yes, that'd halt Grain coming in, though it wouldn't get rid of what exists. It might not harm the A Rays so much as weaken them once the Grain that's left starts drying up.
>>
>>54815840
Mhm.
>>
>>54815851
That's pretty great, senpai. Thanks.
>>
>>54814601
I don't like that you're using dice rolls for skills.
>>
>>54815824
Oops. Looks like I mixed up Ultimate Ones and entire planets. Yeah, that'll be a tough fight.

Another question though. If you take Worlds Wide War as an Aristotele of the Sun, what are the beings you'll fight against? I'd assume it'd be something like magical sun/fire elementals, or at least a species that could live and thrive on the sun. Should be fun. Of course, there's still the guys from the other planets, but I'll just let my siblings deal with them.
>>
>>54815863
I don't like that you're samefagging like an SBer.
>>
>>54815834
The most fun part about this is going random. Play it like you've actually been cast into the world. Grab a random CYOA and see where it takes you.
>>
>>54814908
>Angel Notes.pdf
Now I can be a Star of David and flatten Goyims
>>
>>54815867
Well, for one, you'll probably want to help your siblings out. They're quite likely to get wiped out. Two, yeah, fire/sun people and elementals.

>>54815888
uh

bwuh
>>
>>54815905
Last question now, I promise. I've been kinda bombarding you with them.

Can Gaia actually move? Like, she's a planet and all. How would she attack (if you take the Earth Rage drawback)? Also, any idea on how Earth Rage and Worlds Wide War would combine? Due to Earth Rage, the Aristotele wouldn't attack earth, so I can't think of anything that would cause everyone in the solar system to suddenly rebel against their planet.

>Well, for one, you'll probably want to help your siblings out. They're quite likely to get wiped out.
Uh oh. That doesn't sound good. The non-Aristotele part of the drawback says this though
>Thankfully, the races are far weaker
than their Ultimate Ones.
Does that mean the version of the drawback for the Aristotele buffs all the races?
>>
>>54815851
Different anon, but is "efficiency" a valid upgrade path? Like, could you put points into God Hand to make it less mana-intensive?
>>
>>54815905
>uh
>bwuh

If it can be a cross it can be a star as well
>>
>>54815867
So. You know that whole "Gaia is dead, now go kill humanity to avenge her" bit? Now imagine that every other world is about to die because their "humans" are now hostile to their world.

You're just an Ultimate One. Those parasites kill planets.
>>
>>54815031
Is this the one where Karna was fucking shit up with some "velber", or was that something else?
>>
>>54815973
So, like the SBers' relationship to this thread.
>>
>>54815973
>You're just an Ultimate One.
>implying implications
I'll wipe out these fucks with OOC magic for betraying their planet.
>>
>>54815985
There you go! Now you're helping your siblings out!
>>
>>54815905
Stupid question, but the Six Siblings don't take up companion slots, do they?
>>
>>54815728
We don't see much of that. When they first emerge in your race they're sporadic, rare, only the occasional person will have them. Then they become widespread, and all your pops have them. On normal people it makes them better at... pretty much everything. A pop with the psychic trait is better at researching all three research types (society, physics, and engineering), energy production, and is even happier. They don't do better mining or food production though.

Psychic leaders make people like you more, though exactly how is... left to your imagination.

Scientists will research faster, ship leaders have a degree of precognition letting them direct ships to avoid fire (dodge bonus).

Military leaders boost army morale a fair bit.

Aside from that you can make psychic armies once psychics start popping up in your race, and they're pretty good. There does seem to be a degree of training but once all of your people are psychic they'd get that training just by living in whatever job they do - it'd be a normal part of the military for example.

The last thing is that a psychic empire can explore the shroud, which is kinda like a mostly nice Warp. This is done through text boxes explaining what they found. There are cool things there, and powerful beings, and you can get temporary buffs and what not. You can also get debuffs and risk unleashing a psychic apocalypse/invasion so... be careful!
>>
>>54815845
Just to double-check, this Grain is a physical thing (or at least has a physical interaction) that means it can be filtered from air/bodies via mundane technology?
>>
>>54815946
I imagine she should be able to. Either something like Vlitra in Asura's Wrath, combined with minion making and reality marble bullshit.

Combine? Earth Rage still has them attacking, it just has Gaia get beef with you specifically. The other drawback will be active as well.

No, that race bit is just noting you're not facing billions of Ultimate ones. They're more like equivalent to or a bit more than the human race. You'll have some guys that can kill Aristoteles and a whole lot of soldiers and scientists, but they're not all god killers.

>>54815953
twue

>>54815952
If it'd make sense for an MMO, probably, yeah. Efficiency seems just fine.

>>54815974
No, that's Extella.

>>54816040
No.

>>54816047
It's...it is physical but it's also magical? It can be filtered though, yes. There's machines to do so and medicine for it in universe.
>>
How do I bring Gaia back to life?
>>
>>54816116
What's that jump... Sugar something? Not generic magical girl, but something like it. There's a dance spell thing that can revitalize and maybe revive worlds?
>>
>>54816116
Revive from Magicka, the honey badger of resurrection spells, should be able to do it.
Thread posts: 666
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.