[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fate of Konor - Imperium is 2 for 2!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 45

File: FoK-Week2Results_Banner2s.jpg (49KB, 1000x300px) Image search: [Google]
FoK-Week2Results_Banner2s.jpg
49KB, 1000x300px
Next up, some place called Nethanus!
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/fate-of-konor-imperial-victory-on-konor/
>>
Okay so we had a hive and a forge world and now we are fighting for a agri world, whats next, of the Imperium win this they will have the weapons the manpower and the supplies to win the campaign.
>>
>>54801539
There'll probably be a shrine world somewhere in there.
>>
Chaos players need to get their soul grinders, titans, and knights together!
>>
>>54801539
We're bringing Tallarn back baby
>>
>>54801601
My bet is the next one, and this would be the Morale planet, if the imperium win what could the last two be?
>>
Ready to suck my mechanized cock, chaosfags?
>>
So aside from even GW saying xenos players should side with Chaos does anyone else feel this weeks mission is a bit of a gimmie for chaos?
>>
>>54801539
Exodite world to win more Eldar pussy
>>
>>54801539
>and the supplies
Anon, I don't think agri world once infected by Nurgle is any good to keep. It's of no use anymore.
>>
>>54801641
Now that you said this I can imagine piezoelectric generator powered by Slaaneshi desperately sucking mechanical dildos
>>
Does anyone have the pdf version of the week three mission?
>>
I'm a completely Warhammer 40k virgin and just opened that website, can someone explain to me what I'm looking at?

Is this one of those player-based narratives where the FLGS registers a fight as being part of the campaign, and log which side wins?
>>
>>54801973
Yes.
Tge main plot us that the Death Guard (Chaos Space Marine who follow Nurgle) are leading an attack to the Konor sector, which is vital to make invasions to Ultramar (home of the Ultramarines and one of few places in the Imperium where life does not suck) easier and (literally) shit on Guilliman's return.
Chaos players fight Imperium players to decide what happens to each planet which is decided with victory pointd, and xenos player can fight one of the other two to steal their points. (And it seems most xeno players sided with the Imperium)
>>
>>54802545
>and xenos player can fight one of the other two to steal their points.
I never got this part, desu.
I mean, the Imperium's officially in a frenemy(?) alliance with the Ynnari Eldar faction, having their points not go directly to the Imperium doesn't make much sense.

Everyone else (especially Orks)? Yeah, pick and choose which side loses points. But giving the Eldar the ability to take away points from the Imperium doesn't make a lot of sense lore-wise.
>>
>>54802938
>But giving the Eldar the ability to take away points from the Imperium doesn't make a lot of sense lore-wise.
Are you joking? Eldar are traitorous xeno witches, they turned Armageddon into a war zone just to save thousand Eldar lives.
>>
File: 1497960142002.png (484KB, 900x728px) Image search: [Google]
1497960142002.png
484KB, 900x728px
>>54801936
I'd post the pdf. file here myself, but apparently it's too big.
Here's a link to the download page though:
https://warhammer40000.com/download-resources/
>>
>>54802938
Well if you listen to /tg/ they mostly sided with the Imperium because nobody likes Chaos players, and Chaos gets treated as the ultimate doomsday now so I guess dealing with Imperial jerks is better than getting End Times'ed.

That being said I think that points out just how flawed the campaign is by throwing an entire third of the playerbase under the bus as glorified sidekicks.
>>
>>54803094
But anon, GW told you that chaos had already spent too long languishing out of the spot light. Chaos has been ignored and unappreciated for too long. That's why GW has said that an objective of 8e is for Chaos to have a chance to be in the fluff again.
>>
>>54803133
GW's opinion is the wrong opinion

chaosfags deserve to be bullied
>>
>>54803250
>GW's opinion is wrong
Pretty much the story of 40k's life since Priestley left in 2010
>>
>>54803021
thanks friend
>>
Well i would be more disapointed of the fact i play necrons if it wasnt for the fact that i dont have a GW store nearby. Oh well, part of my army isnt GW models anyway so i'd be kicked out.
>>
Do Imperium vs. Imperium games count as wins for the Imperium?

If a Xenos player declares they will fight for the Imperium, and then plays against the Imperium, does it count as a win for the Imperium?

I'm asking these dumb questions, because Imperium players make up the bulk of the player base, and I'd imagine they'd have a hard time finding games against "actual enemies".
>>
>>54807789
Yes and yes.
Welcome to the reason why Impy's are more or less guaranteed to win.
Space Marines can fight each other in glorified masturbatory war-games yet still contribute to the war effort.
GW should really have set a "If both players factions are the same, roll off to see who represents Chaos or vice versa" rule.
Sure it wouldn't stop anyone who actually wanted to skew local results but at least it's a definite "stop cheating you shitheads" instead of the wishy washy policy we have now.
Or hell at the very least go through the effort to list which side every race in the game is fighting for so that actual faction lines are drawn.
>>
^ I thought as much.

An easier solution would be to count defeats rather than victories. If Imperium vs. Imperium leads to an Imperium defeat (which it would, obviously), then Chaos gets +1.

But, I know how Chaos can win now. They need to play more games than the sum of all Imperium games combined.

So, have Chaos vs. Chaos games, and one player concede after turn one. Build all Flyers lists (and with the new Boots on the Ground rule), lose at the start of each game. Then have a rematch. Etc.
>>
>>54802938
Elder, despite being able to see the future, will never ask for help, explain their actions, or try to suggest a mutual beneficial alliance against a common threat without shooting their so-called allies in the Dick at least once.

See: every single Dawn of War game.
>>
File: IMG_2160.jpg (77KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2160.jpg
77KB, 800x800px
>>54800720
>Chaos is getting their ass kicked
Good. I'm sick and tired of Chaos. It's always "Chaos is the Greatest threat" this and "We will Destroy the Galaxy" that. And then they have the gall to cry "b-b-but we're underrepresented!" Fuck them. I hope that this entire campaign results in a wipeout for Chaos. Maybe then GW will realize that nobody but their resident hacks gives a shit about their edgy pet faction.
>>
>>54801800
>So aside from even GW saying xenos players should side with Chaos
What? Why? Why would that make sense in any fashion for anyone except Orkz? Do they even read their own Lore?
>does anyone else feel this weeks mission is a bit of a gimmie for chaos?
That'll just make it all the sweeter when they lose.
>>
File: imorktan.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
imorktan.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>54808951
>Good. I'm sick and tired of Chaos. It's always "Chaos is the Greatest threat" this and "We will Destroy the Galaxy" that. And then they have the gall to cry "b-b-but we're underrepresented!" Fuck them. I hope that this entire campaign results in a wipeout for Chaos.

Yeah, I'm hoping for that as well. If GW does one thing right in the future, it'll be to hire some people who aren't obsessed with Chaos as 'muh big bad' and actually make the other factions in the setting have some time in the sun while Chaos fucks off back to the Warp and stays there for a good couple years.
>>
Chaos has had too much time in the sun? I think you mean "Imperium".

Chaos is the Saturday morning cartoon villain of the setting - losing each and every week, only to say "I'll get you next time! Neeeext tiiiiiime!" and coming back.

With something like 60% of the player base playing "good guy" Spaaaace Mehreens, I'm hoping for a Horus Heresy like outcome, where the goodie goodie chapters turn on each other. Blood Angels fall to Khorne. Space Wolves fall to Tzeentch (just as planned).

Then the xenos (Necron and Tyrinids) gain ground. Tyranids eat the galaxy. Necrons get all spooky.

Eldar get tricked. The Yncarne is Slaanesh. All the Macha "we're the true good guys" fanboy players become butt hurt. This pleases Slaanesh.

Orcs kill lots of guardsmen. They emerge as a not-the pawn-of-chaos faction.

T apostrophe ow develop acute chronic weeboism. There is no cure.
>>
>>54810702
I think that's terribly contrived for the sake of being needlessly Grimdark, and on top of that, incredibly stupid, and not in a funny way either. Why don't you apply for a job at Games Workshop, i think you'd fit in fine.
>>
>>54810702
>Tyranids eat the galaxy.
Mate, if they can't successfully devoured an Ork empire like Octarius after 100 years of fighting over it, there's no way in hell they'd be able to eat the galaxy. The Orks are (for lack of a better term), the galaxy's extremely violent immune system, and they're everywhere.

Imperium is the default and Chaos is the irritating pet faction of Black Library writers. Frankly I'd prefer they both were sent to the back burner for awhile and Xenos vs Xenos got an actual starter box for once. Hell, a Xenos vs Xenos campaign where Chaos and Imperium have to do the same thing Xenos do now would be even better.
>>
>>54808951
This times 10000

I would have so much more enjoyed a campaign based around a Waaagh or something
>>
>>54810818
> can't successfully devoured an Ork empire like Octarius after 100 years
Which is the biggest fucking ork Empire IIRC
>>
Oh wow. Completely surprised me!
>>
File: 2k Yarrick.png (183KB, 676x3742px) Image search: [Google]
2k Yarrick.png
183KB, 676x3742px
So for the 3rd Mission I expect to be playing against orks, with a stompa and Gazzy. Hows this guard list look?
>>
>>54810814
I would if I could, but I can't work in the UK.

But, if you don't like the needlessly grimdark for the sake of grimdark setting, then why are you in this hobby? You love overpriced models?
>>
>>54811192
>I would have so much more enjoyed a campaign based around a Waaagh or something
Hell, let's make it a WAAAGH!!! against the T'au in their home territory. Make their core systems actually in danger for once.

>>54811203
>Which is the biggest fucking ork Empire IIRC
I was referring more to the fact that Swarmy & what's left of Hive Fleet Leviathan have been trying to devour the planet of Octaria/Octarius since before the Great Rift open and still haven't pulled it off.

The average rate of a Nid fleet devouring a planet is 50-100 days, and that's with resistance.

They've been trying (and failing) to nom Octarius for at least a century. Even if Thraka's there leading the Orks, you'd think that Hive Fleet would've gotten somewhere on eating the planet in the last 100-112 years...
>>
>>54800720
>>54801539
What were the exact stats of each win?

I want to see how much of a curb stomp it was.
>>
>>54811492
Octarius is a Sector and the location of the Ork Empire of Octarius, one of the largest concentrations of orks in the galaxy.
>>
>>54811492
>have been trying to devour the planet of Octaria/Octarius
Given how many Orks even outside Octarius this big fight attracted, combined Tyranid and Ork biomass on the planet would double its weight.
>and that's with resistance
PDF is no resistance against Fleet and Tyranids prepate the planet for consumption as the fight goes on. Plants grow faster, bugs looks for suitable traits in the local organisms, etc. They don't start the process after the fight is over.
>Even if Thraka's there leading the Orks, you'd think that Hive Fleet would've gotten somewhere on eating the planet in the last 100-112 years...
If Orks can fight Tyranids it means they have genes worth consuming. If Orks don't win it means Tyranids can acquire them. Hive Mind is a simple entity. It sees genes, it eats.
>>
>>54811492
>Tau
>actually in danger
Do you believe what you write?
>>
>>54811492
Octarius is both a planet and a sector. The Octarius sector is the location of the ork empire of Octarius with the planet Octarius being the central world of the empire.

Before they got to Octarius (the planet) they had already eaten two ork held planets in Octarius (the system) and pretty much every ork in the system descending on Octarius (the planet).
>>
>>54811456
You miss the point of why 40k is Grimdark. It was written Grimdark to facilitate the awesome shit of 40k. To free the setting from things like Moral Conventions and the players from worrying about being the bad guys and let people just enjoy the ULTRA-FUCKING-VIOLENCE! But then you Chaos fags had to go and forget that, and instead just go i a crusade to be the edgiest motherfuckers known to man. And then you act as if people should take you seriously for it because 40k had Grimdark.
>>
File: Konor System.jpg (112KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
Konor System.jpg
112KB, 1000x707px
>>54801539
one looks like a ocean world, just in case Chaos needs more salt
>>
>>54801881
According to the mission post the stuff inside the harvesting machines is still untainted.
>>
>>54811791
>still untainted
We all know how it's turns out in the fluff.
"Ooopsie, it was actually tainted, should've checked thrice. Now Ultramar is infected with Nurgle's Rot or Zombie Plague or Guilliman's Gangrene or something."
>>
>>54811662
>Before they got to Octarius (the planet) they had already eaten two ork held planets in Octarius (the system) and pretty much every ork in the system descending on Octarius (the planet).
Yeah, and then Ghaz showed up, killed a Malwoc, and rallied all the Orks on Octarius (the planet) to literally kill every single bug on the planet at the time.

Leviathan's response? Send a couple more tendrils at the now heavily fortified, cutting-edge tech Ork opposition. All before the Great Rift opened mind you.

Which means Swarmy and Ghaz's forces have been fighting for the last century in the galaxy's biggest meatgrinder-murderfest (there was a brief moment where the Blood Crusade decided to jump in the middle and fight both... it didn't end well for the Khornates involved). Not that Gork and Mork really mind the idea of having bugs to squash for the last hundred years. Gives da boyz a fun (and challenging) enemy to punch around.
>>
>>54811707
Homophobic much?

I don't even play Chaos, but I think your butt hurt pleases Slaanesh.

How is trying to conquer a galaxy "edgy"? Do you even know what that means?

And clearly, you have some great idea to advance the story from 5 minutes to midnight to 4 minutes to midnight, so let's hear it.
>>
File: 1495127917463.jpg (10KB, 175x95px) Image search: [Google]
1495127917463.jpg
10KB, 175x95px
>>54811913
>Homophobic much?
>Not knowing what the -fag suffix actually means
Let me guess, you're new to 4chan?
>>
>>54811947
Don't worry, summer is almost over.
>>
>>54811913
Fuck off, you summer faglord
>>
>>54811913
>Homophobic much?
Deflection much?
>I don't even play Chaos, but I think your butt hurt pleases Slaanesh.
I think you're usage of phrases like this stinks of Reddit.
>How is trying to conquer a galaxy "edgy"? Do you even know what that means?
It isn't, but trying to destroy all reality is, which you'd know about if you actually read the lore instead of just reading memes.
>And clearly, you have some great idea to advance the story from 5 minutes to midnight to 4 minutes to midnight, so let's hear it.
I don't want a story. A story requires a clear endgame with central characters and climactic events, which 40k lacks. Although I do admit, if 40k were a story, Chaos would never be the protagonist anyways.
>>
>>54811913
congratulations you've graduated from chaosfag to regular fag
a lot of people are sick of chaos, particularly those that played fantasy
other evil factions need to be shown off too or shit just starts getting bland

and don't give me any of that "chaos is the primordial ebil/end of all things" shit
part of the reason why 40k became successful in the first place is because of the sheer variety of factions and aesthetics that got smushed together and somehow ended up working to create a fun universe for adventures and good old fashioned ultra-violence
the galaxy is not just good humans vs. eviler, spikier humans as much as the writers might want to opine
>>
>>54812084
Humans vs eviler, spiker humans is too kind.
It's gotten so bland its become humans vs 4 Space Satans and their armies from Space Hell (and not the fun kind like in Doom).
>>
>>54812037
It's fair to not want a story, but I thought the whole reason they (GW) are doing this Imperium v. Chaos thing is because many people DID want a story. They were sick of the timeline being stuck at 5 minutes to midnight.

And I'm sorry if anything I wrote created the impression I read memes. I agree that Chaos shouldn't be the only antagonists (or did you actually mean "protagonists"?), but they are clearly doing it this way to sell expensive toys. Kid wants toys. He gets "good guys" from the box set, dad gets "bad guys".

And Abby is trying to destroy reality? I thought he was out to make the Imperium burn. Sorry if that's wrong (I'm new and trying to catch up).
>>
>>54812289
>4 Space Satans
fucking please
it's more like 1.5 space satans if you look at all the publicity
>>
>>54808951
>>54809529
If you think the campaign will change anything, then you are truly dumbasses. This campiegn is just a prologue for Ultramar round 2.

>>54811203
Nah, Charadon

>>54810702
The largesr Tyranid fleet yet couldn't defeat the Baal System and was defeated there. Tyranids are a joke.
>>
>>54812809
Fellow newfag here, I will help you out.

>It's fair to not want a story, but I thought the whole reason they (GW) are doing this Imperium v. Chaos thing is because many people DID want a story.
Not exactly.

>They were sick of the timeline being stuck at 5 minutes to midnight.
That is true.

>And I'm sorry if anything I wrote created the impression I read memes.
Welcome to 4chan, everyone is an asshole.

>I agree that Chaos shouldn't be the only antagonists (or did you actually mean "protagonists"?),
The Imperium is the protagonist faction. Chaos is the main antagonist faction. Everyone in 40K are different kinds of evil, the less evil factions would be the Imperium, the Eldar and the Tau.

>but they are clearly doing it this way to sell expensive toys. Kid wants toys. He gets "good guys" from the box set, dad gets "bad guys".
That is true, I guess.

>And Abby is trying to destroy reality? I thought he was out to make the Imperium burn. Sorry if that's wrong (I'm new and trying to catch up).
The Chaos Gods wants to destroy reality (again), Abbadon wants to conquer the Imperium and become it's new Emperor, planning to backstab the Chaos Gods in their moment of glory.
>>
>>54812903
It was defeated by "rift opens, all die".
>>
File: 3647858761891.jpg (26KB, 298x186px) Image search: [Google]
3647858761891.jpg
26KB, 298x186px
>>54813661
>last season's NPC villain defeated by this season's NPC villain
>>
>>54812809
Okay so here's the thing.
The new generation of writers (i.e 2011ish onwards) like chaos.
But the marketing department (and in turn the modeling budget) likes money.
And marines are money.
If you keep all of these things in mind a lot more of geedubs decisions make more sense.

The problem with all of this Progressâ„¢ is that a lot of it is thematically blind with primarchs and chaos just sticking their dicks into everything because primarchs and their new marines make money while the writers love them chaosboys.

Take the devastation of Baal for example.
This giant god damn conflict has been hyped up since forever and no one actually thought that the blood angels would be wiped out, but the war itself was going to be a grand affair with the entirety of the BA's coming together (including freaking renegade chapters) to defend their home.
It was going to be another Macragge level event with the Imperium barely winning by the skin of their teeth and through the countless sacrifice of heroes and heroic actions against a terrible yet worthy enemy.

But how does it resolve with the coming of 8th?
Half of Leviathan just fucking disappears because Chaosâ„¢ while Gullyman flies in with his mega marines to save the day, simultaneously annoying both BA and Nid fans.
Like it's not even a criticism of the quality of writing but instead of thematic stupidity.
And now apparently Angron is rumored to be getting involved/stealing the spotlight on Armageddon, one of the like two actually important Ork warzones and it's just getting really tiring having Chaos involved in fucking everything.
Especially after Endtimes.
>>
>>54811707

40k is grimdark because when it was created it was just an amalgation of Starship Troopers, Dune and 2000 AD
>>
File: MEME.jpg (259KB, 1280x1109px) Image search: [Google]
MEME.jpg
259KB, 1280x1109px
>>54810702
>Gee, I hate the Imperium!
>Lets make it so that every thing leads back to Chaos! Fuck the Imperials, am I right?
>>
>>54810702
>I'm hoping for a Horus Heresy like outcome, where the goodie goodie chapters turn on each other. Blood Angels fall to Khorne. Space Wolves fall to Tzeentch (just as planned).
you're a dumbass with terrible opinions, mate
>>
>>54810702
>Eldar get tricked. The Yncarne is Slaanesh. All the Macha "we're the true good guys" fanboy players become butt hurt. This pleases Slaanesh.
This is so stupid I'm almost convinced you work for GW.
>>
>>54801800
How?! The defender (imperium) has a huge advantage. Not to mention only space Marines have a coffees currently
>>
>>54811913
Holy shit you're a colossal faggot. Go back to you know where.
You're the reason I'm giving all of my wins to the imperium.
>>
>>54813661
> "rift opens, all die".

Just the Tyranid hive fleet disappeared. No other part of the Baal system was touched or destroyed. So clearly the Tyranids must have fucked up something. Warpstorms of that magnitude do not just leave worlds as they were.
>>
>>54809271
Because they want their favourite faction to win.

Storm of Chaos all over again
>>
>>54809271
>What? Why? Why would that make sense in any fashion for anyone except Orkz? Do they even read their own Lore?
Because only chaos or imperium can win, and its not even close atm, imperium are facerolling chaos
>>
>>54812903
>The largesr Tyranid fleet yet couldn't defeat the Baal System and was defeated there. Tyranids are a joke.
Except they could easily, the blood angels pulled in every successor chapter, nids killed off 5 chapter masters and were still pushing the blood angels shit in with ease, this is also after the necrons super nova'd a sun to blow up part of the fleet.

All that and the nids were still winning, until a galaxy splitting rift swallowed most the fleet
>>
>>54814305
Like I care. I don't play Imperium either.

>>54814152
Your inability to detect non-serious posts is incredible. Nice job!

>>54814112
I truly value your criticism. Even better, are the ideas you put forward. You brighten the Internet every time you post.

>>54813841
I expect they will flesh out the conflict on Baal in novels and in the BA codex (probably novels more), since that = more $$ for them. But I agree, the end result is very "hand wavy".

>>54812994
OK - that's what I thought re: Abbadon. How is he being "edgy" then? Galactic conquest is what it is.
>>
>>54814771
No body gives a shit about Harmless or what he wants. The way they wrote him during the Fall of Cadia has shown that on a subconscious level even the Chaosfag writers can't take him seriously.
>>
>>54814814
>The way they wrote him during the Fall of Cadia has shown that on a subconscious level even the Chaosfag writers can't take him seriously.

You mean as hyper intelligent guy who countered every single absurd asspull that the Imperium and their allies threw at him? Wow you cunt with your selective reading.
>>
>>54814840
>countered every single absurd asspull
How is this not absurd asspull in itself?
>>
>>54814881
It wasn't. The fate of Cadia was hinted at for years and Abaddon has been planning for 10K years making sure he covered his ass on every single contingency.
>>
>>54814923
>The fate of Cadia was hinted at for years and Abaddon has been planning for 10K years making sure he covered his ass on every single contingency.
Is that why he lost over and over until the new writers came on board?
>>
>>54814923
>has been planning for 10K
Anon do you understand that over such vast periods of time so many factors will change your old 1000 old plans become obsolete? So it's just an absurd asspull to end all asspulls?
>>
>>54814938
>Is that why he lost over

He won.

>>54814943
He has a cabal of Chaos farseers that includes a time travelling daemon prince who has been there and seen it all. So no asspull. Abaddon putting value in foresight helped out. Which explains why he wasn't that bothered when the Fortress exploded and had a backup plan.
>>
>>54814992
>listening to the powers of Chaos
>yet making accurate plans somehow
>time travelling
>So no asspull
Do you read what you write?
>>
>>54815075
It wasn't accurate. It just forewarned him of stuff going down but not all of it. Girlyman's rise was totally unforeseen and Abaddon did not have a plan for it.

>It's okay when the Eldar do it
>>
>>54815115
>Abaddon did not have a plan for it
Don't worry it will be changed in the fluff soon
>>
>>54814992
>He won
>tfw Chadiman is back
>tfw he's got chadmarines with him
>tfw Celestine and Creed got away
>tfw Cawl is inventing even more cool shit
>tfw Ynnead has been born
>tfw Imperium is 2 for 2 in Konor
>tfw invasion of Macragge failed
>tfw Morty and his boys are cucked yet again
>tfw still armless
>tfw winning
>>
>>54811860
seems very possible, chaos is getting it's teeth knocked in and will need some nudging to get what they want.
>>
>>54815301
He won at Cadia and has set the setting on a deathtimer as the Great Rift expands. Cawl still hasn't perfected the Imperial Pylons nor has he finished his Old One+Necron fusion plot device.

And what Mort does is on him, nobody else.
>>
>>54814315
>Warpstorms of that magnitude don't just leave worlds as they were
Unless they're a contrivance to kill off Leviathan while sparing the Blood Angels and all the Tyranids on Baal who are destined to die to show everyone how cool Primaris Marines are.
Sometimes I wonder how GW gets away with writing shite like this and then I remember that their customer base has a ton of 10 and 12 year olds whose opinions on quality are so underdeveloped and ill-formed they'll actually defend this Baal fluff. What's actually upsetting though is how hard 4chan's mods are dropping the ball in enforcing Global Rule #2 despite the obviousness of such infractions.
>>
>>54814992
>He won.
After failing twelve times before. The 'everything was just as planned' explanation pushed by GW's writers for Gathering Storm with regard to the other 12 Black Crusades is a load of squigshit.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how in the seven hells the colossal clusterfuck that was Black Crusade #11 is somehow a 'just as planned' victory for Abaddon.

Dude lost to a random WAAAGH!!! after failing to find another way out of the Eye of Terror that didn't go by Cadia. How is that anything other than a loss?
>>
>>54814840
No, I mean as that guy who lost 2 Blackstone Fortesses, failed to kill a cigar smoking midget or a depowered living saint, who is essentially just a regular human, got stabbed and had to teleport away like a little bitch, and only won because the Necron Pylons exploded for no reason.
>>
>>54818834
>After failing twelve times before.

Post ignored in the same way you ignored the fluff. If you want to be replied seriously then respond seriously.

>>54818927
>because the Necron Pylons exploded for no reason.

And this has to be trolling because nobody read the Gathering Storm would say.
>>
>>54818184
I-imperial Pylons?

nani?!
>>
>>54811751

>Campaign goes three for three
>Tiebreaker fight on...
>THE SUN, KONORIS

Honestly, it'll never happen, but fluffing that up as an improvised fight happening on archeotech energy-gathering platforms in high orbit above the sun would be stupid fun.

Zone Mortalis with exposed outside zones and flickering protective force fields, and if one goes down or anything steps outside unprotected, they get fucked over very fast.
>>
>>54819796
I-impylons?
>>
>>54819956
I'll admit that would be pretty bitchin.
>>
>>54819134
>post ignored
So you just don't have anything to actually respond/refute to that guy's post? Because you're clearly in the wrong? ok, good chat!
>>
File: Bel.png (4MB, 1149x1494px) Image search: [Google]
Bel.png
4MB, 1149x1494px
>>54824519
Nope, he himself says he is ignoring the lore and the rest of he is proud that he didn't read the lore behind Fall of Cadia and how it goes about the true objective of the Black Crusades. I cannot be bothered with someone who's not interested in an honest discussion. I do not have it in me to repeat myself again and again about lore that's readily available. There is one think that I am prepared to talk about and repeat myself on and it's this hunk over here. As for the rest, you can eat my dick.

>>54819796
Cawl is fusing Old One, Eldar, and Necron technology together to create the Imperial Pylons. The final solution to Chaos.
>>
>>54801881

Sounded to me from the mission debrief that they did mass controlled burns like how firefighters fight wild fires by essentially burning a swath of area so when the wild fire arrives, there's nothing left for it ot spread to, only they're burning it so plague has nothing to spread to. Behind the burn line are massive harvesting factories trying to harvest all the edibles.
>>
Should be interesting:
https://regimental-standard.com/2017/08/09/konor-war-diaries-part-3-nethamus/
>>
>>54824765
How the fuck did he even get Old One tech? I haven't checked in on 40k in a while holy shit.
>>
>>54825142
Cawl is a mary sue of epic proportions.
>>
>>54824765
>Cawl is fusing Old One, Eldar, and Necron technology together to create the Imperial Pylons. The final solution to Chaos.

this can only end badly
>>
>>54814733
>>54814412
That I understand, but there is very little in the way of In-Universe justification for most Xenos to side with Chaos. The Tau Ethereals and the Farsight Enclaves both don't want Chaos to win and know that they can't be reasoned with, Eldar and DEldar boy REALLY don't want Chaos win, most Necrons don't want to destroy the universe, and those that do certainly don't want it at the price of everything becoming the Warp, Tyranids don't want Chaos to win because a Galaxy full of Warp tastes like shit and is terrible to digest. The only ones would have a reasonable justification to side with Chaos would be Orkz, and even then, it would be more likely for them to just fight everyone regardless of alignment because it's more fun that way. Why would they expect people to side with one of the most unfriendly, antagonistic, factions in the setting?
>>
>>54827581
To try and stick it to the IoM.
But also cause GW is trying to encourage it to keep the campaign balanced
>>
>>54827677
I imagine it's not working very well?
>>
>>54828128
Nope
Hence the please side with Chaos, xenos, poster
>>
>>54811557
https://konor.warhammer40000.com
It's not really exact stats so much as it is an approximation, but it conveys the general impression. Every region for both the previous weeks has been an Imperial victory, although the UK branch Chaos does seem to be putting up somewhat more of a fight. At the time of this post, Week three also looks to be in the Imperium's favor, especially with Chaos getting curb stomped in the EU. Hopefully this trend will continue, it would be hilarious to see those edgelords job like the villians they always wanted to be.
>>
>>54827677

If chaos players weren't so unlikeable it would be balanced regardless.
And I say that as an obnoxious guardfag.
>>
>>54801931
i like where your head's at
>>
>>54828709
On a Cyber Dong?
>>
>>54819956
Well, you're right about it never happening, but more so because The Imperium (with help of disgruntled Xenos players) have essentially flawless-ed the first two planets, controlling all three regions on both of them, and they don't seem to slowing down any time soon.
>>
>>54829376
Looking at it right now the Imperium has managed to secure its local recruitment/ industrial assets and managed to protect the major administrative commerical and indusitral hubs so far. If the factory crawlers on Nethamus manage to survive the offensive along with the scavenged food intact im not sure what else chaos can do in the system besides blowing up the Star.
>>
>>54829757
Crash some more Blackstone Fortress in them? Actually that brings up an interesting question, what's the naval situation like? So far all we've been doing is looking at ground battles, but who's actually got control of the space right now?
>>
>>54829842
Looks like it was initial chaos Dominance since a lot of the opening phases of the planetary battles showed large scale orbital bombardment from Chaos fleets then turning into a massive land slogs.
Imperial Navy forces are likely coming into the system and might be on equal footing with their Chaos counterparts now.
>>
>>54829952
So they're leaving it open so that if one side loses too hard they can, they just say "AND THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARIVED" and set the scales back.
>>
File: Wow GW just wow.jpg (191KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Wow GW just wow.jpg
191KB, 1000x1000px
>>54828128
Considering THIS was posted by on GW a couple days ago...

Yeah, it's not working well at all.
>>
>>54830602
Tau? Of all the fucking races that could be found acting petty, vindictive, and in support of the great celestial cancer tumor known as Chaos, they picked TAU? No wonder it isn't working, that's just fucking stupid.
>>
>>54824765
>>54825142
>>54825475
>>54825914
>Final Solution
OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN.

ITS ANOTHER EXTERMINATUS
>>
File: IMG_2238.jpg (32KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2238.jpg
32KB, 255x255px
>>54830684
REMEMBER THE SIX HUNDRED GORILLION! WE DEMAND SOUL REPARATIONS!
>>
>>54830602
>pls guise chaos is kewl r-right? ;_;
The absolute state of GW.
Not even trying to be clever about it.

>Muh based fluff and roundtree.
lmao
>>
File: laffin ork.jpg (21KB, 345x334px) Image search: [Google]
laffin ork.jpg
21KB, 345x334px
>>54830670
Seriously, a poster for Orks would be a better motivator.

Trying to convince the Tau to side with Chaos is like a Keeper of Secrets/Great Unclean One/Lord of Change/any daemon that's not Khorne-related possessing an Ork Warphead Weirdboy. It's not going to end well for Chaos.

>>54830975
I guess they were betting on xenos being more pissed at the Imperium for getting all this cool Primaris shit and such while getting left out in the cold again.

I guess the fluff morons forgot about how much they've been shoving Chaos as 'the only threat that matters' for the last 6 years and how they were "always the main threat" (as someone who owns a copy of the Fear the Alien anthology, such nonsense really ticks me off, since 40k is supposed to be Imperium vs. all equally dangerous to humanity, not this 'Imperium vs. Chaos and everyone else is just a third wheel'bullshit) down everyone's throats, which has been rubbing a lot of xenos players the wrong way.
>>
File: IMG_3069.jpg (125KB, 491x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3069.jpg
125KB, 491x604px
>>54830602
This I made one that's slighly more believable, although shoddy and formulaic because I'm a filthy phoneposter who doesn't feel like getting out of bed and going to his computer right now.
>>
File: propaganda.jpg (340KB, 736x1220px) Image search: [Google]
propaganda.jpg
340KB, 736x1220px
>>54831413
Lazily slapped together.
>>
File: IMG_0412.jpg (78KB, 762x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0412.jpg
78KB, 762x591px
>>54824765
>Final Solution

Oh baby
>>
>>54818834
>I'm still waiting for someone to explain how in the seven hells the colossal clusterfuck that was Black Crusade #11 is somehow a 'just as planned' victory for Abaddon.

>Abaddon the Despoiler’s Eleventh Black Crusade

>The Despoiler’s fleet becomes lost in the warp, finally returning to realspace in the path of Waaagh! Murgor. In the ruins of Relorria, the Black Legion bring the greenskins to battle. After months of fighting, Abaddon orders the Black Legion to leave Relorria to its fate and return to the Eye of Terror – but not before the Warmaster fills the holds of his fleet with captured Ork Weirdboyz. In conjunction with a coven of his most powerful Sorcerers, he uses the volatile psychic energies of the greenskin abductees in a daemonic hybridisation ritual that weakens the fabric of reality across the Relorrian System.

Is reading the fluff too hard?
>>
File: Tau Konor Propaganda poster.png (883KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tau Konor Propaganda poster.png
883KB, 600x800px
>>54831586
I spent way too long on something this shitty.
>>
File: 1483568342140.png (277KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1483568342140.png
277KB, 396x396px
>>54832095
>>The Despoiler’s fleet becomes lost in the warp
lmao
>>
File: mornin' brew.jpg (156KB, 484x326px) Image search: [Google]
mornin' brew.jpg
156KB, 484x326px
>>54832628
>got lost in the Warp, lost to an one off Ork Waaagh!! only managed to weaken the fabric of reality in a no-name system as a consolation prize

Some "win" you got there.
>>
>>54831361
Really? That's utterly stupid.

Ffs, I'm in the process of starting a traitor legion, and my GSC are still taking points from chaos because of course they are. Why would they ever fight for the destruction of the galaxy?
>>
>>54831361

They can't encourage Eldar/deldar to side with Chaos explicitly, Nids can't read/write/do anything but eat.
So the Xenos helping Chaos angle was doomed even before Chaos players were accounted for.
>>
>>54833065
This. GW had to give xenos players their own objectives and goals if they wanted to see xeno scum gangbanging Imperium alongside traitors.
>>
>>54832628
>I spent way too long on something this shitty.

Just like me and my army.
>>
>>54832671
"Tactical genius."
>>
>>54831361
>a poster for Orks would be a better motivator
Is there some special type of Oddboyz which loves painting? Paintboyz or something?
>>
>>54812809
>but they are clearly doing it this way to sell expensive toys. Kid wants toys. He gets "good guys" from the box set, dad gets "bad guys".
I'll give you that, but there have been other ways of doing it before and there can be other ways of doing it in the future.
Imperium (presumably Marines, but almost any Imperium faction besides GK could work) vs Xenos.
Orks make great bad guys. They're ugly, they're green, they're savages, and they'll as soon krump you as look at you.
Tyranids? Great bad guys. Just ask Heinlein, Geiger, or Orson Scott Card.
Dark Eldar? Good, but perhaps not kid friendly.
Tau? Humans vs Super advanced alien invaders. Independence Day meets Gundam.

How about Xenos on Xenos action? Tau are based on familiar anime robot designs. Kid friendly enough when faced with the fluffy villains of Orks or Nids.
>>
>>54833797
Nobody can predict the fickleness of the Warp.

>>54832671
....Mort should know this better than anyone.
>>
>>54834006
>Nobody can predict the fickleness of the Warp.
Not even, apparently, the literal deities of it...
>>
>>54834004
Orks used to be the default bad guy in beginner boxes.
>>
>>54834034
The deities of it revel in the randomness.
>>
>>54834105
One of them revels. Another rages, one more moans in pleasure, and the last just sits back and chills.
>>
>>54803094
>That being said I think that points out just how flawed the campaign is by throwing an entire third of the playerbase under the bus as glorified sidekicks.

It's hard to make a coherent narrative campaign when you also have to explain why they're 9 different factions suddenly fighting at the same place and the same time
>>
>>54834252
Dawn of War did it.
>>
>>54832628
Jesus Christ I must have been really tired when I made this. Why in the ever loving fuck did I think bright ass yellow was a good color for this?
>>
>>54835592
Yeah, and we got Imperial Guard fighting Marines. And THEN we get to Soulstorm.
>>
>>54836478
Yeah, that was pretty dumb.
>>
>>54836478
Dark Crusade actually had a reason for that. Granted it was that the Blood Ravens had been subverted by a cabal of traitors the whole time and was eventually regarded as a mistake, but it was still a reason.

Granted I can 't defend Soulstorm. The sisters had no good reason to fight against the guards, and DEldar had no good reason to be there in the first place.
>>
>>54831413
>>54831586
>>54832628
We need more Tau Anti Chaos propaganda.
>>
>>54835592
Hell, DoW III has a Space Marine vs Eldar vs Orks vs Necrons storyline. Give the game shit for its gameplay and semi-bland story, but it was an interesting change of pace from the 'Chaos is always involved somehow' shtick.
>>
>>54836548
>and DEldar had no good reason to be there in the first place.
That part from the Soulstorm review by ThunderPsyker will always be grabber in my head:
>TAHRIL YOU FUCKING IDIOT! WHY YOU SET UP OUR HEADQUARTERS NEXT TO THE FALLEN MON'KEIGH?! THEY WILL FEED OUR SOULS TO THE GODDESS WE BEEN ACTIVELY TRYING TO AVOID FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS, I FUCKING HATE YOU TAHRIIIIIIILLLLLLL.... (crash)

>>54837802
Actualy... the Storm Prince was another khornate git who got his arse kicked by Gabriel, Macha and Gorgutz at the end of the game, but that was what atracted the Necrons' attention.
>>
>>54837959
they're robots theyd have no interest in that freaky threeway
>>
>>54839075
Newcrons do.
>>
>>54837959
That is hands down the best part of his Soulstorm review.
>>
>>54834045
And Kill Team boxes have been Marines (Deathwatch included) vs Xenos. Shadow War Armageddon started with BA scouts, not even full Marines, vs Orks, iirc.

Hell, a lot of people, like myself, get their first introduction to the 40k verse through Space Hulk, Terminators and Genestealers.
>>
Today my Swarmlord moved up the board unmolested and blew up a Baneblade on the charge (everything else were conscripts). This demoralized my opponent, after which he then conceded.
This satisfies me. Konor suffers an Imperial defeat today
>>
>>54842958

>Hive Commander Best Commander
>>
>>54842958
I like how you still attacked from the rear, despite the new rules.

Why support Chaos though? Pity?
>>
>>54843012
>I hope conscript squad-senpai will notice me today
>>
>chaos winning slightly in UK/Drusus Convoy

chaos might win the only region that matters on Nethamus, lorewise at least
>>
>>54843069
GW is trying to get xenos to help Chaos
I wonder if they'll literally fudge the numbers like in the video
>>
>>54843069

Almost everyone else in my meta is Imperium, I just wanted to mess with their perfect score
>>
>>54843178
Do they even mention region-control in fluff? I recall Chaos controlling generatorum by the end of Konor and it wasn`t mentioned in the end.

I guess, considering how Chaos jobs in this campaign, GW will have to start mentioning regional victories now, so it wouldn`t look totally pathetic.
>>
>>54843229
i like this anon
>>
>>54843255
You just want Chaos to win, admit it.
>>
>>54843178
Chaos is winning just barely the imperium could just as easily push back and secure the Regions agri-crawler factories.
>>
File: catachans.jpg (114KB, 522x960px) Image search: [Google]
catachans.jpg
114KB, 522x960px
>>54843278
naw i'm a imperial guard fag, I just dont like clean sweeps in general
>>
>>54843178
Yeah, I always wondered about that. Hell, it even says that the other regions are just buying time for the convoys. Evidently going to have to step my Admech game up this week and kill some Death Guard.
>>
>>54843366
do iiiiiiit
>>
>>54843366
The Neck and Capital city operations are going well so they might in the end up buying enough time for the convoy to make this worlds battle result in Imperial victory.
>>
>>54843724
Yeah, but the convoys are literally being exploded right the fuck now. "I bought time" doesn't really work for that unless you're literally bargaining with Khonsu from egyptian mythology to take you back to before the invasion so you can prepare.
>>
File: 1500511750483.jpg (140KB, 1120x844px) Image search: [Google]
1500511750483.jpg
140KB, 1120x844px
>>54811913
>Homophobic much?
You're the gayest fucking cunt on earth, newfag.
>>
File: FabulousBile.jpg (192KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
FabulousBile.jpg
192KB, 800x600px
>>54845645
He is not fabulous enough.
>>
>>54843178
Fingers Crossed that the BritBong Imperium players can pull through. It would be a shame for Chaos to fudge a victory because they slightly pulled through in one region.

Judging by the feed, it looks like a lot of U.K. Xenos players actually decided to listen to GeeDubs and help Chaos, as opposed to the rest of world's, who seem to have mostly ignored it.
>>
>>54843246
Chaos eventually lost the generatorum by a slight margin before the end.
>>
>>54846789
And maybe Tallyman is involved in score track
>>
>>54847716
Who?
>>
>>54847800
Skull-bacus the Acrid Accountant duh
>>
>>54846914
What are the odds of a repeat of that with this week's convoys?
>>
>>54843229
Are you me? Something like 90% of players in my meta are Imperium and it sucks seeing how they wipe everything away
>>
File: black templars Crusade2.jpg (692KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
black templars Crusade2.jpg
692KB, 1680x1050px
>>54847973
flip a coin

though chaos gained some serious ground in the UK these past couple of says, making moderate gains in NA but nothing to really write home about

Ave Imperium
>>
>>54848054
Unless they are colluding, it shouldn't matter. Imperial vs. Imperial is still the same as Imperial vs. Chaos.
>>
>>54814315
it was kahbansa being tsundere
>>
>>54849827
Maybe the 4th world is Girlyman's fake astronomican broadcasting station.
>>
File: 2017-08-12_12-56-39_354.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-12_12-56-39_354.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>Da Unkillablez Kombat Log

>System: Konor
>Planet: Nethamus

>"Da Great Booze Run"

>After taking their ship 'Da Nurd (Unlikely) 'Ulk" from Astramis to Konor and fighting on both planets, 'Da Unkillablez' Freebootas were getting bored. So when the Warboss Ole Smasha heard that one of the great factory-crawlers rumbling around down Nethamus had all the ingredients for humie beer, Smasha knew exactly what to do! It was time to treat Da Unkillablez to some 'humie kultur'.
>Ole Smasha went down to the ship's hold and got some trukks for his plan, and then got on the ships jury-rigged vox and yelled at the bikers to stop muckin' about.
>DA UNKILLABLEZ WERE GOIN' ON A ROAD TRIP!
>>
>>54800720
Good
Maybe next time well see GW actaully do something interesting like a Chaos v Xenos or something like DoW1 where it's in-faction fighting
>>
File: IMG_1893.jpg (276KB, 1256x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1893.jpg
276KB, 1256x1024px
>>54848117
Iron Hands here.
Won all three of my games thursday.
>>
>>54811315
Not a legal list. You've got the wrong sort of detachment for your Psyker.
>>
>>54811492
>Nids eat all non-ork life on the planet
>Orks eat the nids
>Nids eat the orks
>This continues for 100 years
>>
File: 2017-08-12_13-53-17_741.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-12_13-53-17_741.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>54850126
>"Da Great Booze Run (Cont.)"

>Ole Smasha's 'Personal Account' of the battle

>"Da humie Guardsmen watching da factory-crawler didn't realize me n' da boyz wuz comin' until dat pair o' Speed Freeks Rukkgof and Blitzdrak's Warbuggy drovestraight through their camp, engine roarin' like an angry squiggoth. Dey didn't stop to fight any humies, they just went straight toward dat factory-crawler, but not before Ruffgof pulled a hand off his Big Shoota n' gave da guardboyz da orky 'ZOG OFF!' hand gesture before disappearing into the da distance. Roight on cue, da Deffkoptaz I brought along dropped outta sun and started blasting the humies battle lines wid their rokkits 'fore da humies could react."

>"O' course, da boyz I gathered up for da road trip took some losses (dey just weren't cut out ta be part o' Da Unkillablez I guess!), an' wun o' da humie tanks managed to wreck da trukk I was in an' forced me to slog it the rest of the way to dat factory-crawla. Not dat it mattered, since da mekboyz recovered it after we'd chased off humies protectin' da crawler (lost count o' how many times dey fixed dat particular trukk, now dat I fink 'bout it)."
>"At da end o' the day, Da Unkillablez had control of da factory-crawla, an' da humies protectin' it had to run away like a bunch o scaredy grots!"

>"DOZE BEAKIES N' SPIKEY GITZ CAN ALL ZOG OFF, DIS CRAWLA BELONGS TO DA UNKILLABLEZ NOW!"

Ork Freeboota here. Just won my game today against a guardsman (after a 5-hour slog of it), and took points away from Chaos at the end. Also, my boyz now control all of Konor's booze supply.
>>
>>54850454
They'll be making Fungus Beer soon enough
>>
>>54850126
>>54850454
>Making a bit of fluff for YOUR DUDES out of a battle during the Fate of Konor campaign
Well, it certainly makes things entertaining for you since your xenos and all-
>The Orks just looted system's entire booze supply
YOU BASTARD!
>>
File: Keep Ca- Why is the rum gone.gif (460KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
Keep Ca- Why is the rum gone.gif
460KB, 500x583px
>>54850735
>Rowboat's reaction when her learns the entire system's supply of booze has disappeared
>>
>>54850386
Emperor bless you
>>
>>54850454

>took points from chaos

Why though?
>>
>>54851985
My guess is fuck Chaos that's why
>>
>>54852016
I'm almost certain thats why. People are kinda tired of hearing that Chaos is the biggest threat, or they are buying the rethoric, so now players of xenos races are willing to fight against it (I mean, Eldar make sense at least).
>>
>>54814230
>I spam flyers. They all go 60 inches. That's two points for each one. Oh looks like you didn't kill anything and I just got all my points.

Playing as the Orks, I just spammed trucks and Kommandos. Made the kommandos appear from the back and just rush the back and my Trukks basically just blitz through
>>
>>54850454
>looting the entire systems booze supply while zogging gitz.
>ABSOLUTLEY ORKY.
>>
>>54828686
Looking at this link here, everyone seems to be Chaos
>>
>>54852750
It doesn't make sense for the Tau (outside of the Enclave) to fight Chaos over the Imperium. The Tau see the Imperium as the greatest threat to their empire.
>>
>>54843012
>>54842958
>Playing with unfinished models
I don't understand this at all. I just recently got back into the game and am pretty shocked by this. Back when I was a kid and would play the store managers wouldn't let people play if their models' bases weren't done. Now I'm setting up my army that I spent hours on and making sure they look nice to only play against either primed or unthinned painted models.

What changed /tg/?
>>54843069
>Not taking points away from the army you're playing against
>Not taking points away from the winning side if you don't play against Chaos or Imperium
>>
>>54811315
The lascannon heavy weapon teams will be dead by turn 2 if your opponent knows what they do. Also you might want to bring some flamers, as you're still up against orks.

>>54850420
It actually is legal, part of the bigger brigade detachment, probably using the Imperium faction keyword, battlescribe to retarded to put the list in a readable order (the brigade detachment of the psyker doesn't say +9 command points, that means it is part of another brigade detachment)
>>
>>54852942
>fight Chaos over the Imperium
Anyone who saw both of them knows Chaos is worse alternative
>>
>>54853107
The Impeium made multiple attempts to genocide the Tau. The Imperium genocided dozens of Tau worlds, blockaded their expansion, and even set the Gulf on fire resulting in the third sphere expansion coming to a horrific end.

What has Chaos done to the Tau compared to that? The Tau are not stupid. The Tau do not forget the pain and suffering that the Imperium poured on them for centuries.
>>
>>54853329
Dude, Farsight himself saw the shit Chaos do. And the Ethereal are aware of its existence, otherwise they would not try to manipulate their people into not knowing it. The leadership of the Tau is very much aware how fucked up Chaos is, and having an agreement with Guilliman (which he was interested) is one of the best outcomes of this.
>>
>>54851985
I'll expand on this later, but basically this >>54852016
>>
>>54810702
10/10 would love if this shit happens. give wolves a beastman infantry option when they fall. Blood Angels should get something gay like a blood demon entry.

anyway mixing shut up big time would be fun and interesting
>>
>>54853329
>What has Gigacancer ever done to them?! They should never make peace with and aversary in favor of perpetual, pointless war!
>>
>>54855136
If you want to defeat Chaos you ignore it. You don't acknowledge it by fighting it.
>>
>>54855157
The Tau are doing the right thing, which is to keep it on a need to know basis and fight it whwn necessary. You can't fucking ignore it when warp rifts vomit bloodletters in your garden and GW writers have too many chaos marines shoved up their asses to ever acknowledge that Chaos should be weakened by disbelief.
>>
>>54855157
IGNORE THE HERETIC
>>
>>54850792
kek epic anon :)
>>
>>54843069
Because imperium are like winning 90% and everyones bored of guilliman this and primaris that. I mean chaos have had some pretty big wins too but im bored of imperium winning all the time
>>
>>54853025
I won yesterday, I was able to get 36 wounds off of a stompa in one round of shooting with Yarrick giving all the Lascannon teams rerolls and the baneblade getting rerolls
>>
>>54843069
>Why support Chaos though?
Because some people are contrarian faggots and enjoy nothing more than going against the grain
>>
>>54856927
Isn`t Chaos rampaging across the galaxy now, reaping bloody toll from everyone after they blew up fucking Cadia? I mean, Imperium is in pretty shit situation right now.
>>
>>54856927
>bored of imperium winning all the time
How about you make some friends, Chaos?
>>
>>54856959
>36 wounds off of a stompa in one round
N-not bad.
>>
>>54856991
It can be more in shit. There ca never be enough shit.
>>
>>54856927
Honestly, both sides are awful, the lore's current state is a joke. It's either wank about Bobby G himself and Bobby G's Pretty Boys or "Hurr Chaos is le biggest threat, gets shoehorned into pretty much everything and will win by default anyway".
>>
>>54808828
>See: every single Dawn of War game.
to be fair, an Eldar play though would have ended far too quickly if they had fucked off after the necrons got their shit kicked in in Dark Crusade and Soulstorm
>>
>>54857038
You just want Chaos to win.
>>
>>54857052

I'll take wardwank over chaosfags any day.
>>
>>54857038
Why try to please Chaosfags if they are never satisfied? Just throw them a bone to chew.
>>
File: Da Ork Life.jpg (510KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Da Ork Life.jpg
510KB, 1000x1000px
>>54850126
>>54850454
>And thus, Mortarion's plan to infect all the alcoholics of the Imperium was foiled for Orks Freebootas who got the drinkd first.
>>
>>54857072
>>54857123
Actually, I am just an addict to shit of the happening sort.
>>
>>54857022
It took pretty much all my shooting but it was worth it.
>>
>>54857177
I bet they didn`t even catch cold from it.
>>
File: Ork HA.png (277KB, 564x519px) Image search: [Google]
Ork HA.png
277KB, 564x519px
>>54857177
>Chaos' plans get ruined by Orks more or less 'doin' it for the lulz'

NOW THAT IS A LAFF!!
>>
>>54850454
>>54850126
Mate, Orks fucking shit up for Chaos in the name of booze is better than anything GW has writen in the last few years. I like you anon.
>>
Can't check the site right now, how are things going? Are Chaosfags getting slaughtered like they deserve?
>>
>>54860704
>>
>>54860704
Everywhere except U.K., where they've got a slight edge. It's tossup as to whether or not the Imperium will retake the ground and pull a slight victory.
>>
>>54860774
BTW, how big (in terms of players) is the Rest of the World region?
>>
>>54860921
You know that's a good question. I don't suppose that it's too big, especially if they're still overcharging for the fuck of it in places like Australia and Japan.

I imagine that's why they just lumped it in with the U.K., Instead of making it it's own region.
>>
>>54861088
Yeah, I guess. Prices are really holding this game back from being more widely popular. I mean, thanks to DoW series and BL books, wh40k is much more well known world-wide than, say, 15 years ago. But the prices are insane, especially in countries with currency weak against pound or just low average income in general. GW should really try to capitalize on the untapped potential of those countries.
>>
File: Orky know-wots.jpg (79KB, 800x659px) Image search: [Google]
Orky know-wots.jpg
79KB, 800x659px
>>54857080
>I'll take wardwank over chaosfags any day.
'erez sum Orky know-wotz fer ya anons:
Dem Chaos gitz like da Angron feller can get krumped an' he'll just run back to da Warp like ah scaredy-grot.

Da wardwank squigshit iz 'ere in realspace.

Wez gotz ta krump all da gitz in realspace 'fore we get ta go WAAAAAGH!!!in' forevah in da Warp.

Side note: Apparently the smallest skull the World Eaters collected when they went back to Octarius for a year (didn't know being a glutton for punishment was a World Eater thing) and collected 8000+ skulls (not even a drop in the pond on Octarius) was the size of a FUCKING BOULDER, I'm actually terrified thinking how big Ghazghkull must be by now.
>>
>>54864556
>That spoiler
You remember where you got that info from?
>>
>>54864673
>You remember where you got that info from?
>implying xenosfags give a damn the only real lore about them came from a Chaos codex, since GW's not releasing their codexes until next year (and that's if they're lucky)
Congratulations Chaosfags, your little codex gave Ork and Nid players another tiny bit of info to get hyped about their own faction's incoming lore.

What do you want: a squig cookie?
>>
>>54864556
I doubt they deemed skulls of lesser orks/tyranids worthy of their god`s attention, so 8000+ giant skulls belonged to greatest examples of each respective species, it wasn`t 8000 total kills. Ghazghkull though must be approaching the Beast power-levels.
>>
>>54864804
Are you tired, anon? Your post seems kinda messy with raw emotion.
>>
>>54864828
>I doubt they deemed skulls of lesser orks/tyranids worthy of their god`s attention
These are Octarius Orks though.
>>
>>54808762
Chaos babies are such losers they want to cheat to stop losing. SAD!
>>
>>54865062
Well yeah, if they managed to kill around 4000+ nobz/squiggoths/bosses/whatever-big-orks in a whole year, I don`t even know if that is impressive or not, given the size of WH40K battles. Orks at Octarius on average should be bigger than regulars too, so... Did Chaos just embarrass itself again?
>>
>>54865588
Let's give the World Eaters some credit.

Last time they went to Octarius it was with ol' Kharn the Betrayer and the entire fucking Blood Crusade, and that got stopped cold because it got caught in the middle of Ghaz's WAAAAGH!!in' boyz and Swarmlord's Nids and got stopped cold.

The fact the World Eaters went BACK to Octarius after they got out of that meatgrinder (and since they're the only real major faction there, they probably took the least losses getting out) and spent a year collecting skulls is ballsy to say the least.

It also makes me question if they aren't actually secretly the sons of Perturabo instead of Angron. Only Perty would want his troops to go BACK to the galaxy's deadliest warzone.
>>
>>54865588
No. Those were Octarian snotlings they killed
>>
File: death_korps_by_canadianxeno.jpg (407KB, 881x697px) Image search: [Google]
death_korps_by_canadianxeno.jpg
407KB, 881x697px
Won a 2000 point game with my Krieg against Death Guard earlier in the week.
I actually felt bad, neither of us had read up on the mission much before the game, so he brought a foot-slog heavy list and then realized he had to walk all the way to my board edge under a constant bombardment from my back row.
I don't think I lost a single model.
>>
>>54865821

Dorn would as well.
>>
File: 1425377406964.gif (204KB, 281x260px) Image search: [Google]
1425377406964.gif
204KB, 281x260px
>>54865907
I wonder what the Emperor thought when he read up on how many of his sons felt that endlessly throwing their exceedingly valuable, experienced super-soldiers into the meatgrinder over and over and over again was a good idea.
>>
>>54865926

Well its the same guy that though "Genetic predisposition for masochism in 5% of my super-soldier-general-sons is a good plan!"
For no conceivable benefit.
>>
>>54866070
A little masochism never hurts.
>>
>>54866115

Well it still hurts, but not in a bad way.
From what I've been able to glean from my sources.
>>
File: 1483153848520.jpg (29KB, 353x308px) Image search: [Google]
1483153848520.jpg
29KB, 353x308px
As an imperium player, this week was blatantly Imperium sided. It honestly feels like they're just rigging it for us to win.

Week 2 was relatively balanced outsided of the whole 'Space Marines getting bonus points because reasons' thing.
>>
>>54864556
Ghaz size didn't change at all because GW cannot portray that on the TT. They must have killed Tyranid bio-titans. The Orks don't have anything that with heads larger than a boulder except maybe Squiggoths.
>>
File: 59c.gif (988KB, 294x224px) Image search: [Google]
59c.gif
988KB, 294x224px
>>54865839
>Octarian snotlings they killed
>Snotlings are so huge now their skulls are as big as boulders
>Yarrick's reaction when he learns his old rival is now bigger than a fucking Imperator Titan

>>54866312
>Ghaz size didn't change at all because GW cannot portray that on the TT. They must have killed Tyranid bio-titans. The Orks don't have anything that with heads larger than a boulder except maybe Squiggoths.
>Not understanding that Orks have no upper size limit when it comes to how big they can get unless they're killed.

As for the TT, Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka is LONG overdue for a new model as it is (hell, they don't even SELL his model in GW brick and mortar stores anymore.)
>>
If its a shrine world i cant wait for the night lords to fuck shit up, and word bearers to come as well to fuck up shit.
But if lorgar is in charge we are fucked
>>
>>54866405
>>Yarrick's reaction when he learns his old rival is now bigger than a fucking Imperator Titan
Wrong
>HE IS HUGE, MAKE MY HAT HUGER
>>
>>54866629
No, you're wrong.

Yarrick's reaction is:
>I'm gonna need a bigger Baneblade.
>>
>>54866686
>>54866629
>>54866405
>Implying the Orkz expection of Yarrick combined with the power of their WAAAUGH! field won't make Yarrick grow to at least the size of a space marine.
>>
File: Vulkan vs the Beast.png (379KB, 5112x680px) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan vs the Beast.png
379KB, 5112x680px
>>54866405
>>Not understanding that Orks have no upper size limit when it comes to how big they can get unless they're killed.

Largest recorded Ork in history aka the Beast was only like 10 meters tall.
>>
>>54866739
Yes.

But the beast didn't fight nids for a century
>>
>>54866405
Ghazzy's current model is smaller than the AoS Megaboss At least basewise
If I had to guess his ACTUAL size.. Probably about the size of an AoS Brute or warchanter?
>>
File: Vulkan vs the beast 2.png (366KB, 5112x680px) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan vs the beast 2.png
366KB, 5112x680px
>>54866739
Which should be a bit taller than the primarchs, yes? What were the primarchs heights again?

Anyways, the tallest confirmed Greenskins in the warhammer multiverse come from AoS. Two Orruk chieftains that were survivors from Old Worlds destruction. They kept fighting each other and their tribes ever since they arrived to the Mortal Realms. Thousands of years of fighting. They became as large as mountains.

40K is a more seniable setting that AoS so something like that will never happen. The Orks on Octria have been fighting for little over a century.
>>
>>54866718
If that were even remotely possible he'd have grown so huge he could use Space Marines themselves as melee weapons.
>>
>>54866838
>Implying he doesn't already
>>
File: 1496740908656.jpg (413KB, 800x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496740908656.jpg
413KB, 800x1024px
Could supermassive WAAAGH!-buff turn Yarric into a new Emperor?
>>
>>54819956
I'm on board on this train, something like Mortarion gained the knowledge to do the Calth star poisoning all over again and try to poison Konnor star out of spite.
>>
File: SS_Deceiver.jpg (29KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
SS_Deceiver.jpg
29KB, 300x150px
>>54825142
>>54825475
>They don't get the hint
FOOLS IT WAS ME ALL ALONG
>>
>>54825142
He doesnt have it yet, he's looking for it.
>>
>>54867128
No, because if Yarrick becomes the Emperor, then Ghazghkull becomes Gork AND Mork.
>>
>>54834034
The true deities of the warp are GW writers anon.
>>
File: 1441409520716.png (65KB, 253x238px) Image search: [Google]
1441409520716.png
65KB, 253x238px
>This campaign isn't about MY faction!? FUCK Chaos then!
This is how you sound, Xenos.
>>
>>54867581
Xenos realize that Chaos a shit
Eldar especially
>>
>>54867622
Eldar, Tau, and Necrons I can understand. Nids and Orks have no excuse for this kind of behavior.
>>
>>54867581
>We are without a doubt the biggest meanest faggots in the universe! Why nobody comes to help us?!
This is how you sound, Chaosfag
>>
>>54850126
>those board tiles
>that plastic terrain

Sauce please.
>>
>>54867622
>Nids and Orks
They don't give a fuck about either side
>>
>>54867637
>>54867660
Orkz is just gonna krump the biggest and meanest.
>>
>>54867669
And take all the booze
>>
>>54867637
Orkz attack whatever the fuck they want and chaos boys always give a good fight

In reality CSM players begin with the whole NPC shit so they reap what they sow.
>>
>>54867677
>And take all the booze
I fucking love these guys
>>
>>54867677
Datz proppa Orky.
>>
>>54867650
There's a dude who apparently makes the board tiles for my local GW store I play at (only reason I know this is because he brought a couple in to show the resident blackshirt and get his opinion on it on the day I played this game)

As for the terrain? No fucking clue. That GW store's always had it as far as can tell.

It's not even the most ridiculous terrain piece I've seen. At the LGFS literally 5 minutes away, there's a literal meandering canyon-style table set up. Haven't played on it yet myself, but it looks cool as hell.
>>
File: Ork Deathskull Mug.png (117KB, 509x435px) Image search: [Google]
Ork Deathskull Mug.png
117KB, 509x435px
>>54867716
>>54867708
>>54867696
>>54867677
People back in M2 used to fear that green aliens were coming to steal their women and precious metals.
Nope, the green aliens just wanted to steal all their booze.
>>
>>54867708
>>54867716
>>54867755
Send some over to AoS so we can get more giants
>>
>>54824765
>The final solution to Chaos.
Did someone say...final solution?
>>
>>54867942
>Hitler Dreadnought-thing
Oddly enough... that doesn't seem too out of place in 40k.
>>
>>54867966
Well, seeing as how the Imperium is space nazis/commies/medievaltheocracy/imperialjapan/northkorea/etc stuck in a blender set to puree, yeah.
>>
>play Chaos
>routinely win
>store is 100% chaos controlled
>faction loses

Fucking hell I can't carry this campaign myself people.
>>
>>54866739

Why are the marines portrayed so human? Totally out of character.
>>
>>54863087
Don't hold your breath. Remember this is Games Workshop. It took a CEO change and a miracle just to get them to start acting semi-sensibly
>>
>>54868035
>Fucking hell I can't carry this campaign myself people.
Xenosfag with an anti-Chaos bent here:
Is your store losing every time, or is this globally?

'cause Konor went Chaos for a bit over in my Imperium/Xenos dominated store because some of the Ork players went on a painting spree and took a lot of points away from the Imperium for a bit, only for a bunch of Imperial players to paint their models and submit them in at the very last second, shifting Konor back in the Imperium's favor.

That might be part of why your faction keeps losing. Painting models (and basing them apparently) counts for Victory points for each faction.
>>
>>54867637
>Nids and Orks have no excuse for this kind of behavior
If Chaos wins there isn't going to be any matter to digest for Nids
>>
>>54867650
the board tiles and terrain are just gamesworkshop age of sigmar stuff
>>
>>54867581
well yeah
>>
>>54867581
>How dare you not bow before our edginess and do our bidding as good little minions! You owe us your loyalty by virtue of being supporting characters! It's our turn!
This is the reason no one likes you.
Thread posts: 295
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.