[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you artificially 'distress' your games and game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 06-DIY-Distressed-Jeans.jpg (300KB, 1400x900px) Image search: [Google]
06-DIY-Distressed-Jeans.jpg
300KB, 1400x900px
Do you artificially 'distress' your games and game pieces to make them seem old and beaten?
>>
>>54800439
Pic from cosplay, or larp? Looks like you're going to dystopia rising. Dont forget to bury those in the dirt for a month.

As for distressing miniatures and such, i also use a power drill/dremel tool with a small bit to do bullet holes, and use green stuff for most anything else.
>>
What? Fuck no. I baby the shit out of my games. I hate when it starts losing color or the ink rubs off the cardboard or pint falls off dice and blah blah.

I mean I get it, when it gets worn it's obviously well loved but that doesn't mean I'm going to ruin it before it's time.
>>
I'd prefer not to "distress" my LEGO bricks/minifigs--I want them to look like they haven't been chewed on or sunbleached
>>
>>54800439
No, my shit is all old and beaten naturally.
>>
>>54800439
If you mean distressing as in weathering minis to show battle damage etc, sometimes. My main wargame is Infinity which fits clean techy look better.

If you meant weathering boardgame meeples/rulebook/cards specifically so they look like well-loved games played for many years, fuck no. That's pretentious faggotry, if I wanted that look I'd just take off card sleeves and take less care in how I store stuff. Also, only games that are actually getting played often deserve that look.
>>
>>54801278
I have a lot of pre-1980 Legos, so I like to use them for scuzzy bathrooms, tenement buildings, and other places that would realistically be made of worn materials. It's a nice contrast with the brand-new pieces.
>>
>Not giving your Magic cards artistic water damage
>>
>>54801413
That's an excellent idea, really
I'd probably need to purposefully buy really messed up bricks to get the proper quantities to do the same
>>
>>54801469
>Not giving your magic cards water damage in very specific ways so that you can memorize the water locations on the cards and always know what you're going to draw next

Git Gud
>>
>>54801500
That's a goddamn anime technique.
>>
>>54801469
If I looked hard enough, I might be able to dig up image of nude moderately chubby lady bottom made technically worksafe by Mox Pearl that was kept in place purely by fluid viscosity (or possibly power of suction, I'm still not 100% sure how vaginas function) that was posted on this very board a while ago.
It was double sleeved.
>>
>>54805908

>I'm still not 100% sure how vaginas function

A truer statement has never been spoken.
>>
File: Roasties.png (358KB, 1890x740px) Image search: [Google]
Roasties.png
358KB, 1890x740px
>>54805908
>or possibly power of suction, I'm still not 100% sure how vaginas function
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.