[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you ever want to be a hero as a kid of course you did. Tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 45

File: 1497913681781.jpg (39KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
1497913681781.jpg
39KB, 807x560px
Did you ever want to be a hero as a kid of course you did. Tell me, what type of hero were you? What was your greatest adventure?

what do you do when you've become paralyzed below the waist due to a work accident and you'll never be the world adventurer you wanted to be?
>>
File: 1501898878270.png (103KB, 431x311px) Image search: [Google]
1501898878270.png
103KB, 431x311px
>>54790280
>>
File: merely a flesh wound.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
merely a flesh wound.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
>>54790280
If you can't be a hero, then be the best villain ever.
>>
>>54790280
Well, when I was a kid I dreamt of torturing people, but it sounds really bad when I say it out of context.
>>
>>54790280
>professor x isn't a world adventurer
>>
>>54790280
When I was a kid I imagined that a civilisation of tiny people covered every surface and I was at war with them.
>>
>>54790280
Whatever you do, don't give up, because if you give up, you'll end up with a guy like me sticking his finger up your ass every other day to help you poop.
>>
>>54790280
Can you not go see the world? Is the only thing worth seeing in the world - the only adventure worth having - one that requires legs? Are the cities where people live, the influence exerted upon the Earth and the universe by human hands, not worth viewing simply because others see them too?

You just need to redefine what an adventure is. Seeing the top of Everest may be an adventure, but so too might seeing foreign cities and taking in their culture, and becoming more than you are now.

You're not incapable. Never convince yourself of that.

If you want to be a hero, be a positive force in the world. If you want to be an adventurer, go on an adventure. You don't need legs. You just need the will to do these things.

Please don't let the world crush your soul.
>>
File: 4chan Feedback.jpg (212KB, 540x637px) Image search: [Google]
4chan Feedback.jpg
212KB, 540x637px
>>54790280
>>
>>54790280
>Did you ever want to be a hero as a kid
Not so much, but now that I'm an adult I do. I like heroes a lot, and every day I think about how I can be a better human being. I'm not the kind of guy who pulls people from burning buildings or anything, but I just want to do right by the people around me.

>I have a disability so I can't do anything
You don't need legs to adventure or even to be successful in life. The world is more friendly to people with physical disabilities than it has ever been. You are the one who writes your destiny, not your legs. You can choose to either waste your time wallowing in self-pity, or use it to find new paths in life.
>>
>>54790682
>Are the cities where people live, the influence exerted upon the Earth and the universe by human hands, not worth viewing
yes
>>
>>54790280
>Did you ever want to be a hero as a kid of course you did. Tell me, what type of hero were you? What was your greatest adventure?

I wanted to be a cyborg doing space missions.

>what do you do when you've become paralyzed below the waist due to a work accident and you'll never be the world adventurer you wanted to be?

Even more reason to become a cyborg.
>>
>>54790280
As a kid I wanted to enslave jasmine from the Disney Aladdin movie
>>
>>54791922
Shoo! Back to your cash-pile, rotten Akabur!
>>
File: HereChanHome4(1).png (840KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
HereChanHome4(1).png
840KB, 807x560px
>>54790280
Don't make me cry
>>
>>54792359
This makes me happy, thanks!
>>
>>54790280
Dude you can be badass and a cripple, you just have to focus on the mind rather than the body. Or some kickass cyber implants.
>>
>>54790280
This might sound silly, but i was a ninja that could turn into a puddle of black goo.

So to dodge something, i could turn into the goo, or i could use it to sneak around.

I could also sorta manipulate it like how waterbenders did in Avatar, but it was much more viscous and thick and sticky than water.

I remember i would sit in the chair across from my TV and watch cartoons, and during the commercials i would do ninja moves in the chair, and pretend to become a puddle, and then if someone stepped in me, i could pull them to the ground.

Funny how my imagination would run wild during commercials, so much so that I would forget what I watched in the last few hours.

And i just read your spoiler... Damn bro. That's heavy. But a puddle cant be a cripple. Be a puddle.
>>
>>54793156

I had to move all those pics into their own folder with this one on top to avoid seeing them all the time
>>
>>54790280
Why you sue for workman's comp of course!
>>
>>54793738
Sounds like a more ninja version of Secret World of Alex Mack
>>
>>54790280
I wanted to be an astronaut. Not practical, but no problem, soldier was next on the list. The military will accept anyone with a pulse right?

Found out at the last minute - I have a heart condition. I'll probably die by age 40. No special forces for me. Not even digging trenches as a grunt. Now I'm a programmer. It pays the bills.

I put on a stable, uncaring face for friends and family, because I've always been the toughest mentally in my circle.

But it hurts inside, knowing that what I wanted most was never an option, no matter how hard I wanted it, no matter how hard I worked.
>>
[Posts a Post Way Too Personal for /tg/]
>>
I wanted to become a navy SEAL, back in high school. One thing i overlooked was my eye sight was bad. But oh well, ill just save up the $5000 for laser eye surgery. I became quite physically fit, running miles upon miles was nothing to me me. Needed some more work in endurance in the pool, but i was close.

Then i started developing intense frequent abdominal pain and bloody diarrhea, getting worse every day. Turns out i have a rare genetic disease so my immune system attacks my colon. ulcerative colitis. It sucks. Constantly have to take medicine to poop in a normal way.

Pretty much ruined that dream
>>
>>54793902
I think that was a bit before my time, I didn't have a TV until the early 2000s, so I doubt I saw that.

I'm thinking back to it and static shock may or may not have been the cause for my superhero. Maybe one of the characters? I cant remember.
>>
>>54790377
Professor X has been semi-regularly able to walk for like two decades now.
>>
>>54793925
>>54794035
It's okay anons, I'm in a similar boat, I desperately wanted nothing more than to be a cool special doorkicker guy but was basically fucked all along. We can live vicariously through obsessing about what information is available on the internet until the crushing grip of pointlessness becomes too much, though.
>>
>>54793878
I got it, but it's a lot less than you'd think. Just kill me, please.
>>
>>54794035
>ulcerative colitis
I've got family and friends with that. Let me tell you right now, weed is probably the best treatment for that. Get a green card if you haven't already.
>>
>>54790280
I wanted to be a fighter pilot, or like, an astronaut exploring space. Flying awesome ships/planes and being a cool adventure guy.
>>
I never wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be a bard-like adventurer, using wit and charm to befriend people and aiding them in their awesome quests.

Basically, I justed wanted some friends.
Now I'm in the army. Being a forever gm for over 10 years now.
If I ever lose my legs, I'm leaving all of this shit behind and stubborn my way to China, to see the foggy mountains and monks amd shit.
That or die trying.
>>
>>54790280
You don't need legs in zero gravity environments
>>
>>54790280
Be the world's first cyborg adventurer.
Be the world's first self-made cyborg adventurer.
>>
>>54790280
Suicide
>>
ITT: /tg/ anons get nostalgic, melancholy, and a little bit philisophical. Never lose your thoughtful nature, teeg.
>>
Wanted to be teleported to Enterprise and just hang around with people. Perhaps talk to Picard sometimes and have Crusher chick as my surrogate mum who I also like sexually.

Having a drunk dad and mum that treats you like a burden is kind of hard.
>>
I wanted to change the world as a brilliant doctor. I wanted to serve my country as a soldier. I wanted help my community as a firefighter, and make my father proud. At least there is a slim chance I can still accomplish that last one before my father is gone.
>>
File: large.jpg (54KB, 381x381px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
54KB, 381x381px
>>54790280
I just escape reality with drugs and videogames. My dreams were crushed before I knew I had them.
>>
File: quackers.jpg (82KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
quackers.jpg
82KB, 600x441px
>>54790280
I wanted to be Superman, but with a giant robot suit. I also had a bunch of heroes I thought up in my head by taking random shit from animated characters that I liked. The one I remember clearest was a Pikachu with an Ash Ketchum hat, but his body was one of those battle suits from the Mighty Ducks animated movie and he had a functional Buzz Lightyear backpack.

These days I just want to find a job I don't mind and to be good at writing, but I don't know if I'm intelligent enough for it.
>>
When I was little, I wanted to be an archeologist, a zoo keeper, a ninja. Now I just want to make enough money to pay rent and live comfortably (hurray for the wellfare state), and not sink into deeper depression which may or may not turn suicidal.

Bullying builds character they say. Their right....
>>
>>54794035
Yeah, UC sucks... by the time I was finally able to get treated, the constant blood loss had me at half the red blood cells I'm supposed to have. Looked like a walking corpse. While the military won't take me, I got a J-pouch operation and got to stop taking those damned meds as a result. Allowed me to do a lot more with my time/life. You might look into it.
>>
File: 1480009559203.png (688KB, 460x628px) Image search: [Google]
1480009559203.png
688KB, 460x628px
>>54790280
I don't like seeing fa/tg/uys in strife. Don't give up anon.
>>
File: Kaminarox.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kaminarox.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>54790280
HEY HEY HEYHEYHEY! Just what the hell do ya think you're doing here! Is now the time to be feeling all mopey and down?! If you want to be a hero you go out and do it, and don't let anyone talk you out of it, least of all yourselves! Don't believe in the me that believes in you, and don't believe in the you that believes in me. BELIEVE the YOU that BELIEVES in YOURSELF!!! With the power of your passion, you make the impossible possible! Your dream is the dream that will PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!!
>>
>>54790280
First off, bitch that just means your'e a candidate for bionic legs. I spent most of my childhood wanting to be a cyborg. And you know what? YOU KNOW WHAT? Turns out I have a degenerative genetic disorder that rots my limbs that didn't kick in until I was 22. The pain is fucking horrific. I want to cut them off but the doctors *won't let me* because something something blood pressure heart disease you'll die (faster).

Every fucking day. I'd cut off my goddamn legs with a hacksaw if it meant I could get those bouncy aluminum gazzelle things. Except I"m not atually keen on dying. So I'm waiting for them to figure out the neuroprazine first.

Second, as a kid I actually played the villains on the playground. When I say I'm a forever GM, I mean I'm a *forever and always has been* GM.

So
>did you just assume my alignment?
>>
>>54796421
Wouldn't Neuropozine just be a generic anti-rejection drug?

Would you even really need it? I don't think hip/joint replacements require anything.
>>
>>54796495
Yeah, I was using it as basically bionic phlebotinum that solves the problem of all amputees inevitably die young. So a thing all cyborgs will need to... be cyborgs.

Hip and knee replacements don't actually alter your bodies blood volume. Amputation for a limb replacement does.

Hip replacements are hardly a panacea. Frankly they're kinda shit. Generally need replaced every 5-10 years, and its one of the most intense surgeries you can go through with tons of recovery. Knees likewise but less so.

But there's no joint replacement for tarsals or carpals, and genetic diseases don't discriminate against that or my vertebrae either for that matter. Nor does it solve the muscles just sorta freaking out all the time and spasming and tearing. Ever had a quadriceps spasm? I'm pretty sure that's what heroin withdraw feels like. Funny enough, oxy is the only thing that works, and the more I take it, the more pain sensitivity rebounds. So for the most part I avoid it because its not sustainable over 40 years.
>>
>>54794052
Inque, from Batman Beyond.
>>
>>54790280
I wanted to be a traveling, wondering knight. A guy who went through beautiful wooded countrysides and helped people with their problems and fought monsters. I lived in rural Vermont as a child and used to spend time walking through woods and swamps trying to find monsters, killing imaginary foes with a wooden sword and shield. Good times. Greatest adventure was when it would snow and I would go out and slay an "ice monster."
>>
>>54792359
I remember that thread. It was a nice thread.
>>
>>54790280
Build an exoskeleton.
>>
>>54790280
sorry to hear that, bro
>>
>>54790280
I wanted to be like the Three Musketeers and now I'm the best rapier fencer in my club, screw girls and drink too much wine. So basically everything worked out according to plan.
>>
File: Marisa.jpg (56KB, 215x500px) Image search: [Google]
Marisa.jpg
56KB, 215x500px
>>54790280
Nah, I really just wanted to get away from my parents. They were not evil people, just really incompetent at parenting and bad with money.

I'm pencil pusher at big corporation, I literally don't need my legs to do the job.
>>
>>54797361
Very close!
Its probably a really common idea to be honest.
Hell, even the liquid metal terminator had the same general idea.
>>
File: 1499545465253.png (177KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499545465253.png
177KB, 697x768px
>>54790280
When I was young I wanted to be a dashing rogue who was able to make the hard choices while feeling rich emotions. Not like a jedi that separated themselves from emotion and life but also not a sith because they act only for themselves. As I grew older I guess I kept that same love for the idea of a balanced veiw but now I find myself less inclined to view a disordered rogue as an ideal and instead a samurai, templar, or knight who forged his own vows with his lord. I want to be someone who's strong enough to lead and who can protect those who can't protect themselves more now. I guess that's a part of growing up though.

On the topic of legs 'don't be a bitch' get someone to carry you on their back or find some why to make things happen. Adventure and life is out there if you work hard enough to find it. Remember you're not just working for yourself, when you succeed you'll inspire a generation of people to action
>>
>>54790280
Are you that anon that made a thread last week about dealing with post-campaign blues and who also was a wheel chair bound cripple? Cause either way my suggestion is build a suit of power armor, or volunteer to test one.
>>
>>54790280
Jesus fuck OP. You made a grown man shed a tear. Thanks by the way, you reminded me of the good parts of my childhood,
>>
File: MANTIS.jpg (114KB, 628x952px) Image search: [Google]
MANTIS.jpg
114KB, 628x952px
>>54790280

You become this motherfucker right here.
>>
File: 391275709_RI_SX940_.jpg (116KB, 940x646px) Image search: [Google]
391275709_RI_SX940_.jpg
116KB, 940x646px
>>54790280
Become a villain
>>
>>54794422

lol I'm in Texas, that shit will never happen. When I was in Denver, CO for an IEEE conference, tried one of the brownies....it actually didn't do much for me.

>>54795993

I've looked into it, and may try it after I graduate and get a job and stuff.
>>
Eh. I wanted to be a wizard, anyways.
>>
I always dreamt of being a great scientist or engineer or something, but I'm a lazy fuck. Worst character flaw, it stops you doing things about it. Slowly managing to get myself to Do Work now, in training and hopefully will start my biosciences degree of some kind in a year or two.

The ultimate dream for myself at the moment is some kind of life extension mechanism. I have no particular reason to need one over any other healthy human, but I've always thought that 80-odd years is nowhere near enough to see the world, let alone the universe. Probably won't get access to one before I die somehow, but it'll work someday, dammit. This is our universe as much as anyone else, and I find the idea of our race living and dying in one shitty corner of it arguing with each other over how best to use one planet abhorrent.
Who knows, tech has been advancing pretty damned quickly for the last two hundred years. Maybe we'll actually pull it off.
>>
>>54794363
Hang on darling
Gentle now
This boy's lost his thunder in the dirty clouds

Dull white starlite
Pale as the morning falls away

The devil each dawn
And flat greys upon
We're torn asunder neath his gaze

So c'mon ye children
If there's one thing we know
It's that them gathering clouds are swinging low

So don't you be precious
Man don't you be meek
There ain't no damn glory in the long retreat

Go call the fuzz
They'll shine their lights on us
We've been building in the dark
There's so many of us

Now blinking in the light
There's so many of us

Hang on darling
Gentle now

Dull white starlite

The devil each dawn
And flat greys upon

So c'mon ye children

So don't you be precious
Man don't you be meek

Go call the fuzz
There's so many of us

There's so many of us

Illuminated and proud
There's so many of us

But there ain't no truth but the no truth but the not truth, yeah!
Ain't no thing but the nothing but the nothing, yeah!
Ain't no fall but the long fall is a long fall, yeah!
And there ain't no light but the true light is a dim light, yeah!

But I've been waiting and longing for that light to fall all over me

6 and 6 parsons and he doth proclaim that the best little bits of us misfits and strays
Make a light in the night that needs to be shamed
All for some none for all
And all fallen the same

And we surrender the stage to those pale horse riders
>>
>>54803457

Hey I'm from Texas!

Just smoke that shit who needs a card
>>
>>54803658
Go forth, man
Get down
With a mighty fist and to retard the crown
Do the one-step the two-step
Sweet jubilee!
And show me the light, goddamn!

And lay me down in a bed full of rain

Hang on darling
Gentle now

Dull white starlite

The devil each dawn
And flat greys upon

So c'mon ye children

So don't you be precious
Man don't you be meek

Go call the fuzz
There's so many of us

There's so many of us

Illuminated and proud
There's so many of us

But there ain't no truth but the no truth but the not truth, yeah!
Ain't no thing but the nothing but the nothing, yeah!
Ain't no fall but the long fall is a long fall, yeah!
And there ain't no light but the true light is a dim light, yeah!

But I've been waiting and longing for that light to fall all over me

6 and 6 parsons and he doth proclaim that the best little bits of us misfits and strays
Make a light in the night that needs to be shamed
All for some none for all
And all fallen the same

And we surrender the stage to those pale horse riders

Go forth, man
Get down
With a mighty fist and a retarded crown
Do the one-step the two-step
Sweet jubilee!
And show me the light, goddamn!
And lay me down in a bed full of rain

Yeah shit is bleak - we've seen it and worried
Our timid leaps get knee-deep and buried
Entire weeks where I swear I can barely rise

Electrical fits
Tantrums and prayers
Pride un-does what mercy repairs
The pits of this
Toss a match to it and start again

The absence of light is its own stubborn light - no light is a light
No light is the true light
And there is no light so there is a light so there is no light so there is a light!
>>
>>54803686
Though we've been denied too much hope in our lives
Let tonight be the night when it ends

Tell me there is a light!
There is a light!
>>
File: IMG_9551.jpg (61KB, 433x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9551.jpg
61KB, 433x670px
there is always hope anon
>>
>>54790280
As a kid I wanted to be a game developer, but then I gave up on life.
>>
>>54803750
...and became a video game developer?
>>
File: 010[1].png (1MB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
010[1].png
1MB, 800x1200px
>>54801549
>You're posting that picture
>Again
And again, I'm going to reply with the same picture. The red string of fate binds us!
>>
File: bashful denial.jpg (46KB, 360x430px) Image search: [Google]
bashful denial.jpg
46KB, 360x430px
>>54806890
Wish I could say I have no idea what you're implying but I guess that particular crop is a bit too distinctive.

Picking up new intern tomorrow. We're so starved for hires this summer that it's pretty much already decided (unless they go full retarded at the interview).
>>
>>54803457
>tried one of the brownies....it actually didn't do much for me
Strains are not created equal. What you're looking for is a strain with a high CBD percentage and low THC. i.e. the kind that you wouldn't use to make brownies

Sorry to hear you're in Texas, by the way. I grew up thinking Texas was the most AMERICAN state there ever was. Then I grew up and learned better.
>>
File: 1487431107926.jpg (195KB, 728x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1487431107926.jpg
195KB, 728x1092px
>>54807148
>We're so starved for hires this summer that it's pretty much already decided
That's one lucky intern
>>
>>54793925
That's nice and all, but what do you think of DnD 5e?
>>
>>54790280
You think being crippled makes you any less able to be an adventurer?
Nigga you have something now that most adventurers don't! A FUCKING WEAPONS PLATFORM!

Here's what you do, get one of those lightweight sport wheelchairs and slap a sick ass engine on it and some hand breaks so you can steer. Next get some rockets, probably some low grade fireworks shit at first due to budget but upgrade when you can, and slap that shit between your legs. Then get some full auto shit and get those bolted on also, in an emergency they can be used as a means of propulsion.

Lastly get swole as fuck, you never have to worry about leg day ever again so just go ham on getting your gorilla arms. Practice doing some sick tricks on your death chair until you've got it down and then go out and make America proud by taking down some criminal scum.

You're only as limited as you allow yourself to be! Stephen Hawking wrote a book with his fucking cheek you can be an adventurer with a wheelchair.
>>
I wanted to be a doctor. I do admin work at a medical law firm so that's close enough I guess.
>>
>tfw your lifelong dream is shattered completely and utterly with no chance of saving it

I can't be the man I wanted to be growing up . It's been 4 months since and I don't feel like I will ever get over it.
>>
>>54790280
I wanted to become God. Even if I'd be a God of a small pocket dimension.

In D&D, played a Wizard. Now, I'm a eternal GM.
>>
>>54803216

Holy shit...... I thought I was the only one that membered that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n2qVBv0yi0
>>
>>54808772
Details, negus!
>>
>>54790280
Learn me some cybernetics. No one can stop justice no matter how they cripple it.
>>
>>54790280
I wanted to be a deity. If not, a dragon. Both are nigh untouchable and they are undisputedly great. But I didn't want to be one of those completely evil dipfucks that rent everything to bits and abused their might. Being good had more appeal, but... I mostly wanted that untouchability. That power and leisure to do whatever the fuck.

There are no gods or dragons here. But who is to say we can't emulate them in our own way?

And by emulate I mean their badassery. No scalie shit. Also, that sucks OP but you refurbish your wheelchair into a chariot
>>
>>54809702
>I didn't want to be one of those completely evil dipfucks that rent everything to bits
There's nothing wrong with being a landlord.
>>
>>54790280
Attach guns to your wheelchair and be an adventurer anyway.
>>
>>54792359
I missed this thread...
can you upload the pictures? I want to see more.
>>
Hephaestus, son. Build you some robits to run your legs for you, get a hot wife, and be the divine dwarfhead
>>
File: CHoose_Every_adventure.jpg (683KB, 1600x1230px) Image search: [Google]
CHoose_Every_adventure.jpg
683KB, 1600x1230px
I wanted to have superpowers as a kids, and then, at some point, I thought

> If superpowers aren't real and I'm just fantasizing, why don't I just pretend I have godlike power?

I still do this. When I hear people's stories like the ones posted in this thread, I want to ask the universe where they are, I want to put on a new body and fly over there and help them. I want to jump out the window and save the world. I want to play a song so loud that the entire world is dancing. I want to travel to new words and share music and art with them. I want to make a planet of aliens with their own strange culture and I want to be a benevolent invisible god to them.

I want to travel to different universes. I want to shake superman's hand. I want to See all the strange things I've only ever seen in my mind.

I want a magic bathtub that fills with any substance you want. I want to do ridiculous stupid shit that you could only do if you were god. I want to make a skyscraper that goes all the way from china to america through the center of the earth. I want to make a universe where everyone has robot bodies and they can look like art deco or anime of weird orbs or like transformers..

I want to see what famous people do when they think no-one is watching.

I want to travel into every house that I see on the side of the road while I drive and see how they live and I want to help them live their lives.

There was that would-you-rather question everyone gets asked where you ask wether or not you would rather fly or be able to turn invisible.

I used to say that I would want to be invisible.Now I want to fly so badly it hurts.
>>
>>54790280

Can still see the world from a wheelchair. You've just gone from martial to wizard I'd all. Use some of the money you have to have gotten to get yourself all certification for all job that doesn't require legs, like an it job or something. Continue to make money, save up, go explore Asia and whatever parts of the western world you don't call home. Yeah you will never climb machu pichu, but there is still plenty you can go see.
>>
>>54790280
>Magic setting?
Animate limbs with magic time

>Sci fi setting?
High tech prosthesis time, probably with guns

>Modern era setting?
Hacker, pilot, driver, mechanic, or other support role. Bonus points if you kick someone's ass while being wheelchair/segway bound.
>>
>>54790613
Wow, anon, I'm not OP, but every time I get sick of my job I'm gonna think of you and be happy.
>>
>>54790280
powered exoskeletons SOON anon.
>>
>>54790280
slightly off topic but Wherever i go, i can not find happiness or satisfaction.

i am going to kill myself tonight.

i hope you got stronger will than i op, good luck.
>>
>>54813240

Then you just haven't gone far enough yet, anon. You'll find it soon. Don't give up now.
>>
>>54813428
It is alright anon, i am at inner peace with myself. I have accepted it.

Thank you for your kind words tho, cheers.
>>
>>54813240
Don't please.
>>
>>54813493
I hope that you will change your mind.
>>
>>54807412
>>54806890
source?
>>
>>54813240
No buddy. C'mon. You just have to keep fighting and pushing. I tried to off myself just about three years ago. I thought there was no way to Carry on. But it didn't work out, so I started trying to pick op te pieces. And that did work. It was hard and I'm still working at it but things can get better
>>
File: 1502148789864.png (392KB, 903x937px) Image search: [Google]
1502148789864.png
392KB, 903x937px
>>54813240
Talk with someone. I tried to kill myself about a year ago, and it was ultimately because I couldn't talk it out with anyone I knew.
I don't mean to caution you away from finding relief through death, but you should at least try to speak about it with someone beforehand.
Depression is a self-perpetuating cycle that makes it too hard to keep sight of the bigger picture, and too many good men have killed themselves because of one bad low.
Sometimes life won't ever get better, but we live in a golden age of communication. There's always someone willing to listen.
So make sure this is what you want, and talk it over or justify yourself to someone. An anon, a contact, someone from a hotline, anyone. Think of it as saving your game.

I'll pray that you find relief from your sorrows.
>>
>>54790280
Basically what >>54794757 said. Planes r cool. But also what >>54791900 said.

You'll probably get first dibs on any medical experiments done on that level of replacement/repair of that level of your body generally because all prosthetic research is so primitive that it's done to those who need rather than those who want because nobody wants a modern replacement arm for their perfectly functioning human one right now. So hey, at least you have that going for you.
>>
>>54790280
When I was little I wanted to create monsters
>prretty sure it all started around broken action figures
>rather then tossing them, they were put to the side
>when I had enough raw material I would build terrible amalgamations
>the altered figures looked so much more interesting

>soon I began sketching these monsters out. The first page would have the skeleton
>each subsequent page would flesh out the creature more and more
>I was introduced to a modeling clay you could bake in the over and a plastic that became soft and malleable when placed in hot water
>these two substances were used to craft tiny monsters as presents, and spare parts for other figures

>then in junior high I learned about genetics, hormones, and steroids
>with these three tools at my disposial the goal of molding life like clay was within my grasp
>we went to a genetic research company where they asked us why we were interested in genes
>they did not like my response detailing how I would make use of junk DNA, human growth hormone, and anabolic steroids
>nor were they thrilled about my plant for hybridizing poison ivy and kudzu

>at some point during high school I realized it was more fun to create these monsters on paper or in clay. That going to school for making abominations of science was less than feasible.
>every now and then I find myself daydreaming over what would happen to an organism constructed from photoreceptor proteins
>or if Jose Delgado's tech could work on a mastif raised on human growth hormone and steroids
>>
>>54790280
>tfw had to go through a scholiosis surgery 8 years ago
>My worst fear about it was that i would lose my ability to walk (they were going to be messing around with my spine after all)
Thank christ everything went well, i still walk and have a straight back with no hunchback forming, two titanium rods stuck there holding my spine straight and a spot on the back that i cant feel anything with, or at least it feels in a very muted manner,
>>
>>54790280
Jokes on you I wanted to be a cyborg.
>>
>>54790280
I think I know a guy. Op what do you think of stem cell therapy and unnecessary surgery?

>>54814767
>>
>>54812391

What he said, please.
>>
>>54814767
That's pretty neat, man. I would like for you to be able to produce monsters too
>>
>>54790409
You were right, tho.
>>
>>54796571
Nah what you need is an Adam Jensen to be able to take implants without rejection.
Taking Neuropozine every day forever sounds like a bitch. Protein bars and shakes powering my augs sounds okay tho, was one of my favorite flavor bits of that game
>>
File: IMG_8059.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8059.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
>>54790280
>what do you do when you've become paralyzed below the waist due to a work accident and you'll never be the world adventurer you wanted to be?
Build myself some goddamn legs and do it anyway.
>>
>>54814767
Look up CRISPR, hobby shop gene editting is getting close
>>
File: 1500925059798.jpg (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1500925059798.jpg
51KB, 512x512px
>>54813240
My uncle has two terminal diseases, possibly a third. This man gets up every morning and takes a handful of pills just to make the pain bearable. His feet and hands no longer have circulation, he pisses out of a tube going straight to his kidney, and he literally can not shower due to medical equipment so he has to sit in his dirt all day. His only respite was his cat, but the cat kicked the bucket before him. If this man ate a shotgun I would fully understand.

You are not this man. Maybe you have something terrible wrong with you, then maybe it is the right choice, but considering this is 4chan its probably something mental. Sure, not your fault, pain of any kind rarely is, but its curable, and the only person blocking you from overcoming it is yourself regardless of situation. Suicide isnt overcoming it, its goddamned surrendering to it.
I dont know your situation, but unless its terminal disease then there's always a solution.
Even if you can't see it yet, or have to do something rash like fleeing town and living in a homeless shelter for a month.
>>
>>54790682
Alternatively, design a high-performance off-road wheelchair. Make nature and misfortune your bitches.
>>
>>54795119
Soldier Strange?
>>
>>54796378
*rolls down nearest steep incline and into traffic*
>>
>>54795119
>If I ever lose my legs, I'm leaving all of this shit behind and stubborn my way to China, to see the foggy mountains and monks amd shit.
>That or die trying.
Why wait to lose your legs?
>>
>>54818464
And Bioterrorism will fuck it up for everyone
>>
>>54819035
just plague the muslims and commies before they plague us and it'll be fine
>>
>>54819103
How do you target a plague, anon
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (16KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
16KB, 320x180px
>>54819148
Well, lets take aids for example. Most people of European descent are resistant, if not immune, to the disease due to the black plague killing off everyone that wasn't resistant to it, and aids works similarly. If another black plague happened in Europe, it would be a fart in the wind.
Beyond that, you can also potentially use genetic markers found in populations to design the disease, and have little crossover. That's more hypothesis than theory to my knowledge though.
>>
>>54819221
Ah, okay, you're retarded. Sorry for bringing it up.
>>
>>54819262
Suit yourself, this is first grade bio though.
>>
I had this story of being a wizard that got blasted by felt magic when traveling through space and time. Becoming a super powerful demon. I would use magic to conceal it and wander the world. Pepe would be affraid but I would use my power to help if I could.

I'm handicapped from birth and can't walk more than 100m. From when I was a teenager I pretty much ignored my handicap by playing videogames and avoiding any confrontation with my limitations. I'm studying chemistry now but lack of friends and loneliness start digging up these feelings I've buried a long time ago and it hurts. I'm thinking of making friends but I don't like parties and shit so I don't really know how to.
>>
>>54790280

Ditch my Batgirl costume and start calling myself Oracle.
>>
>>54819939
Join a club, even if its just a vidya club
They can be kinda hidden on some campuses though but thats a good thing, means less normies trying to be geeks
>>
>>54820011
>Not fondling your boobs all day.
Fag
>>
why does everyone on /tg/ seems to have gone through depression and desire of suicide ?
>>
>>54825369
Different reasons for everyone, but any place you discuss a form of escapism is more likely to have a higher depressed or ex-depressed population.
>>
>>54796378

Fuck I love Kamina.
>>
>>54806890

>feelio when you're approaching 27 and lost in the path of life

I needed this mango, thanks mang.
>>
>>54812743
Are you me anon? I alway fantasize of having super speed when walking to work, or being able to stop time and take my sweet time to do whatever I want. Lucid dreams/Astral projection can fill that desire temporarily thought
>>
Since before I was born my mom would tell me stories of a knight who "coincidentally" had my name. He rode a horse and fought dragons with a sword and shield, saved the princess and always did good. He was the incorruptible, unfailing, unwavering paladin-type. He rode a zipline from the moon, was friends with kings, had a smart solution to every problem, and performed many a heroic deed that I can't remember.
I think we're about equally disappointed at how far from that I turned out.
>>
>>54825369
I (>>54801420) genuinely never have, I just hang out here because normal namefaggotry forums are full of cliquishness and thin skin and I can't stand that shit. If someone tries to pull it on me IRL I just make fun of them until they shut up and fuck off, but on normieboards that shit gets you b&, their rules are designed for the most sniveling and fuck that.
>>
>>54790280
Did you think there world be no obstacles on your world adventure?
If your legs can't carry you where you want to go, build yourself some better legs.
>>
>>54812391
>>54815433
I would like to see as well. I couldn't find it myself but that's because I'm an idiot.
>>
>>54812884
It's not all bad, honestly. His granddaughter is cute a f.
>>
File: DiamondsAreTheHardestMetals.jpg (130KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DiamondsAreTheHardestMetals.jpg
130KB, 1024x768px
I wanted to grow up to be a videogame maker. I still do. Starting to learn to draw so I can make art assets rather than just programming.
I think I have a more archetypical hero/villain "persistent character" thing, though I'm concerned describing him would be too furry for this board.
>>
>>54813585
Found it - "DAME NA WATASHI NI KOISHITE KUDASAI"
>>
File: 1498693551221.png (167KB, 398x269px) Image search: [Google]
1498693551221.png
167KB, 398x269px
>>54828840
Sorry for all-caps, didn't realize it.
>>
When I was really really little I used to imagine I was a knight protecting a castle from evildoers. I don't have an actual castle to protect, and I never did, but we can still all be brave knights in our head.
>>
When I was a kid, I wanted to make games.

I learned how to program in service of this, but found out that making games was really hard, and I gave up. I went into webdev for like 4 years, and made a startup, since my backup was "entrepreneur." That failed horribly. So I worked an internship and was completely resigned to having a high-paying but soul-crushing desk job my entire life.

I decided about a week ago to try to make a kickstarted Indie game. Never fucking give up.
>>
>>54830031
Link?
>>
File: daemon of omnisiah.jpg (368KB, 1299x886px) Image search: [Google]
daemon of omnisiah.jpg
368KB, 1299x886px
>>54790280
>>54790280
I promise you this, anon: you will walk again one day.

They've already made fairly crude exoskeletons that allow at least partial mobility. I want you to imagine how advanced (and how affordable) they'll be in 10 or 20 or 40 years. Think about the sadness you feel at this instance, and how absolutely incredible it's gonna feel on day when it's been completely dispelled; when you'll be able to walk and run and jump and do all the things you feel, at this instance, that you'll never do again.

All you have to is wake up every day and say "I have not given up yet." If you can do this for 10,000 days, every adventure you ever wanted will be yours.
>>
>>54830654
>Implying it's fun to waste 20 years before you can walk
>>
>>54828840

>>54828930
thanks
>>
File: Vriess.jpg (75KB, 820x346px) Image search: [Google]
Vriess.jpg
75KB, 820x346px
>>54807412
For the record the intern went halfway retarded, just bad enough to have them rejected if the interview was couple months earlier, but as I said - we're starved for hires this summer.
I loathe having to work with people that are "just barely good enough" but there's work to be done and you gotta use the tools at hand.

>>54790280
Now on topic of cripple adventurers, anybody remembers Vriess? The wheelchair-bound pilot/mechanic in the last Aliens movie? He was credit to the team despite his condition.
>>
>>54834414
I don't think they can write a handicapped character that is just a dead weight
>>
>>54812391
>>54815433
>>54827596

Give me like 10 minutes so I can get some WiFi. I'll post what I have.

>>54797641
It was, but I had trouble looking at it. Like, I still do, and I don't know why. It makes me legit feel like I want to cry, and yet I made sure the thread hit autosage and even kept it saved after it was archived.
>>
>>54793925
I'm sorry to here that, my friend, and I want you to know that I care about you deeply, and that no matter what, you are a great person, and you deserve to be happy.

no homo
>>
>>54790280
i was bullied as a kid, like, whole class massed on me
i rather wanted to be a monster to fuck them all up
>>
File: 1337003174984.jpg (232KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1337003174984.jpg
232KB, 1024x768px
>>54790280
>Did you ever want to be a hero as a kid of course you did. Tell me, what type of hero were you? What was your greatest adventure?
I was always the 5th wheel that no one wanted to be around but had to because our parents were related/good friends.

I was no hero. I wasn't even a side-character. I was some nameless NPC with a throwaway line.
My greatest adventure was trying to catch up or find the other kids when the left me behind once again.

Continue to do what I am doing now: Lurking on 4chan, drinking beer and generally being a bitter and spiteful person no one wants to be around until the day I die in my armchair and the police has to open up my door 6 months down the line only to find my rotting cadaver because the neighbours were complaining about the smell coming from my flat.
>>
File: HereChan2.jpg (43KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
HereChan2.jpg
43KB, 807x560px
>>54834499

Brace yourselves
OP is the first, so I can't post because it's a dupe
>>
File: HereChan3.jpg (40KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
HereChan3.jpg
40KB, 807x560px
>>54834679
>>
File: HereChan4.jpg (39KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
HereChan4.jpg
39KB, 807x560px
>>54834686
>>
File: HereChan5.jpg (39KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
HereChan5.jpg
39KB, 807x560px
>>54834692
This is the end before one anon made more to save us all.
>>
File: HereChan6.png (211KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
HereChan6.png
211KB, 807x560px
>>54834702
>>
File: HereChanHome3.png (823KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
HereChanHome3.png
823KB, 807x560px
>>54834714
Thankfully, there was a happy ending.
>>
File: HereChanColor1.png (317KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
HereChanColor1.png
317KB, 807x560px
>>54834722
Bonus rounds
>>
File: nana.jpg (56KB, 615x1203px) Image search: [Google]
nana.jpg
56KB, 615x1203px
>>54834679
>>54834686
>>54834692
>>54834702
I was to abstain from mentioning the reference. But you've done it now, you forced my hand.
http://manga.clone-army.org/viewer.php?series=nana
>>
File: HereChanHappy2.jpg (524KB, 798x3336px) Image search: [Google]
HereChanHappy2.jpg
524KB, 798x3336px
>>54834728
>>
File: HereChanV2.gif (191KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
HereChanV2.gif
191KB, 807x560px
>>54834739
The rest is just more compositions I think.

>>54834731
Yea, I know, but people were asking for it. This shit is still painful.
>>
File: 4chan_awa.png (1MB, 1722x1176px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_awa.png
1MB, 1722x1176px
>>54834757
>This shit is still painful.
I miss when Dan Kim was /tg/ regular.
>>
>>54790280
>Did you ever want to be a hero as a kid of course you did
yeah but growing up I realised that it's easier to be a villain and just con people

so now I hate myself but at east I have money
>>
>>54793925
Holy fuck that sounds like me in every way, minus the military dreams part. I wanted to be a firefighter or something similar, but found out that I got shit luck in the gene lottery. I'ma probably die before I hit 50 due to the sheer amount of things wrong with my body. Now I work as contract programmer and play D&D with my friends.
>>
>>54834784
I think it's partially because he's busy working a job again.
>>
I unironically want to be a might makes right villain

It's why I enjoy the Iron Warriors so much.
>>
>>54834784
I need a 1080 x 1920 version of this
>>
File: Guard unconfortable look.png (143KB, 599x450px) Image search: [Google]
Guard unconfortable look.png
143KB, 599x450px
>>54790280
Literally this.
Also this: https://9gag.com/gag/aQe3nP8
>>
>>54790280
Let me ask you the essential question: does your dick still get up?
>>
Growing up I wanted to be an inventor more than anything. Like dexter from Dexters lab, double d from ed edd and eddy or that movie robots. I want to be able to create anything . I still remember wanting to build a waifu bot from an early age(8 or 9). I had all these ideas and crazy shit. I ended up nothing close. Got to high-school and became cynical had amazing grades before high-school but when I got there I just stopped caring about everything(my country uses a system for its colleges and businesses that grades people on their race and gender and white male is lowest grade, 0 it really bummed me out since white male is the lowest population percentage in my country) now I work contracts for blue collar work latest contract was working at a nuclear power plant good pay but damn I worked 12 hours a day for 6 days a week. I feel no disappoinment in how I turned out it just feels odd how my goals changed so drastically.
>>
>>54790280
You get robot legs and become an adventurer anyway
>>
>>54842313
I'm kind of surprised this didn't come up earlier.
>>
>>54790280
no, I've always wanted to be the bad guy cause the heroes are always huge wimps who cry a lot and don't get to hurt people for fun.
>>
>>54830230
Kickstarter isn't up. It won't be for six months.

Game is tentatively called "Space Junk"
>>
>>54809743
Goddammit I meant rend.

Also OP, I have a new dream. It's small and will sound stupidly stupid when I type it out.

You and the rest of the faglords posting here find closure that doesn't involve suicide.
Because even if you can't find adventure,
find some peace.
>>
>>54834757
I was fine until I saw this.

I'm not ok anymore.
>>
File: 1497969451316.gif (191KB, 807x560px) Image search: [Google]
1497969451316.gif
191KB, 807x560px
>>54792359
>Wake up
>Wake up
>Emperor's Teeth, you're going to freeze to death if you don't wake up from your dream
>>
File: 9427425.jpg (323KB, 551x654px) Image search: [Google]
9427425.jpg
323KB, 551x654px
>>54790280
Back when i was a kid i was obsessed with knights and shit like that. I remember building elaborate castles with my legos and i had my own little round table for all my knight guys. I'd draw swords and various medieval weapons in the borders of my notebooks during math class; and i'd even write short stories about the heroic knight fighting the bad guy and rescuing kidnapped townspeople. Mostly it was escapism from the shitshow that was my childhood; but it was still cool. I like to think that were i born in a different time, i'd have been a cool knight or something.
>>
File: 1370072122398.png (16KB, 300x601px) Image search: [Google]
1370072122398.png
16KB, 300x601px
>>54790280
Well I did map out the countryside surrounding my childhood home. Probably close to 100 acres of woods, creeks, abandoned property, and corn fields.
I miss being a kid.
>>
As a kid I always wanted to be a soldier or knight of some kind, I think I always have been attracted to the idea of being a tool for justice or something. I just graduated High School and have been feeling super overwhelmed but seriously considering joining the Foreign Legion or becoming a Vigilante(not that that pays anything) but Ive had bad asthma since I was a kid so anything too physical is super tough.
>>
File: gDZpISq[1].jpg (180KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
gDZpISq[1].jpg
180KB, 650x600px
I wanted to travel around this world and many others, meeting new cultures and people but not really settling up anywhere. A few health issues made me really unable to make that dream come true, but I always try to enjoy my time on the rare chance I go to another country on vacation.
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.