[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey/tg/, I'm a newcomer to 40K and have only just started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (9KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 230x219px
Hey/tg/, I'm a newcomer to 40K and have only just started collecting. I have something of a dilemma; I want to build an army of Khorne daemonkin but I have no interest in Chaos Space Marines, nor am I interested in the daemons of any of the other Chaos Gods. I basically want a big crimson tide of doom, but the ranged capabilities are almost nil, aside from the skull canons. My concern is that at almost any point value, most of my army is going to get shot dead before they can close the distance- certainly this has been my experience at the 500 point level that I can field now. My bloodletters often don't even make it into melee, though my bloodcrushers fare pretty well just because they can take some hits while they close the distance.

So the question is, is an army like this even viable? I'm not looking for tournament level competitiveness, but I'd like to win a match sometime. Can I build a viable army with just daemons of Khorne or am I gonna hafta suck it up and get some marines to make this work?
>>
>>54785134
First Khorne Daemonkin no longer exists in 8th

Second, khorne is surprising good at closing distances if played right.

Third, run your Daemons and some CSM daemon engines, forge fiends and defilers are good and will be fluffy ways to add firepower.
>>
>>54785134
Fun and fluffy? Definitely. Viable? Nope.

If you want to avoid CSMs and have some variety while sticking to the Daemons only dynamic, add some Forgefiends, Maulerfiends, Heldrakes and Defilers. They're Daemon Engines fabricated in the Warp, so paint them in Khorne Red and Brass and you'll be true to your goal and slightly more versatile.
>>
It sounds like you actually want to play Age of Sigmar
>>
>>54785336
Sadly nobody plays it
>>
>>54785134
One nice thing is in the coming codex bloodletters will be cheaper. I own a hundred at the moment and love to have fun games where I try and over run people with my legion. But no, rocking pure Khorne Daemons isn't such a good idea, like the other Anons said, rock those daemon engines for they much needed support.
>>
>>54785336
Tell me more. One problem with this is that I got into this hobby at the urging of a friend who plays Tyranids and Genestealers, so if I built an army aimed for AoS play I'd kinda be excluding him, or at least building an army that he'd consistently have an edge against.
>>
>>54785134
>I want an army I don't want
Brilliant
>>
Daemons alone besides some tzeentch combos suck hard at the moment. Maybe we get some love when the codex arrives this year but I doubt it.

To counter the lack of transports and deepstrike you can use fast Heldrakes(!) and Daemon Princes to run over the field fast and summon some infantry while you are in melee. Forgefiends can serve with some high strenght shots from afar but wont deal much damage to multi-wound models (eg tanks). you have to crack these in melee with maulerfiends, thirsters or other expensive stuff every imperial guard army will kill first or second turn and you wont fit alot in 500point games. To get a halfway decent army you should play 1000p from my experience.

With Khorne only you cant even use psychic stuff to accelerate your DPs.
So no, I would advise you to get some Havos or Raptors with meltas in.
>>
>>54785714
Well, think about it. I'm new to collecting but know a fair amount about lore, I find a faction that's appealing to me, but once I get into the nuts and bolts of the practical aspect, I find that the models available and their stats don't necessarily work for what I want them to. So I take to a forum for discussing traditional gaming to explore my options.

Not that hard to understand.
>>
>>54785134
I'd consider taking a few Word Bearers marines to summon your Khorne daemons closer to the enemy.
>>
>>54785912
Agreed, you need at least 1k points for a decent game.
>>
Summoned Bloodletters can be very good, with the instrument it only takes an 8 to get into combat. Pretty doable with command point rerolls.
>>
>>54785134
>When Khorne Daemons don't ever use guns
But why?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.