[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good horror RPG that is neither Cthulhu (any version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 83854.jpg (141KB, 638x826px) Image search: [Google]
83854.jpg
141KB, 638x826px
What's a good horror RPG that is neither Cthulhu (any version ever) or Dread ?
>>
>>54776610
I assume this is a thinly veiled attempt to shill Dread, but I'll bite. What's this amazing system you're talking about, Anon?

Are (((they))) holding you hostage and making you do this? If they are, blink out "torture" in Morse code.
>>
>>54776676

I ain't motherfucking shilling Dread, I'm making this thread because I'm fucking fed up of Dread and Cthulhu being the only horror RPGs ever brought up to the damn table
>>
>>54776716
Well, you could always make up your own thing. You know. "If you want it done right..."

You know that greentext a while back about that guy who had his players exploring underground ruins on mars, and he made them all wear gas masks, and played spooky sounds during the game? Everyone loved it and was scared to death.
>>
Trail of Cthulhu
>>
File: inspectres.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
inspectres.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>54776610
Inspectres is more suited for a 'ghostbusters' game but i think it can be worked out to suit proper horror
>>
Ten candles
>>
Hunter: The Vigil
>>
I don't think the World of Darkness games are particularly "Horror", but they're good and spooky. I recommend Changling: The Lost.
>>
>>54776610
Play Unknown Armies faggot
And KULT
And nWoD with a good GM
>>
>>54776610
I like Kult. Played it a lot back in the days. Otherwise, I find the new Delta Green edition very solid. It could be adapted to any kind horror universe.
>>
>>54776676
Jenga + Horror Stories. It's alright. Good for one shots, not much else.
>>
Little Fears
Bluebeard's Bride
>>
>>54777977
Thanks. Sounds weird.
>>
Unknown Armies
Kult
Danse Macabre
WoD
Don't Rest Your Head
>>
>>54776610
The end of the world
>>
I think gurps is pretty good

The crunch lends itself to horror
>>
Has anyone actually played Noumenon or the Whispered Vault?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.