[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My party is going to do a battle royale after our campaign is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

My party is going to do a battle royale after our campaign is over. I could probably take most of our party: a swashbucker, ranged Assassin rogue, gunslinger and forest druid. But my main problem is a barbarian/fighter who currently is an unstoppable monster resistant to anything but psychic damage.

I am currently a 10th level necromancy wizard. Any tips/spells that I can use to stop this monster? Any tips on dealing with a druid or long range stealthy Assassin?
>>
>54775488
5e btw
>>
>>54775488
Let the others deal with him first? make some type of pact with another player or two to focus down the barb before turning on each other.

I'm assuming he's as much of a problem for the members of your group as he is to you, is that right?
>>
>>54775734
Yep, but they probably view me as a threat as well
>>
>>54775488
Hide and let you skells do the work. At 10th level all of them could give you a bad time in a real fight.
>>
>>54775961
Roll that charisma check then my friend. If you can't convince them that you're less of a threat than the barb then you're toast.
>>
>>54775488
>battle royale
>as a wizard
Use unnamed rules - if there's no bounds, teleport away to get your shit together. If there are bounds, teleport up in the skies and do your shtick while falling down, or cast Fly while flying. Your main objective is rain hell from above way out of their range. You're pretty much the only class that can do that efficiently. If you feel that's cheating, use it just to buy yourself a few rounds and then fight near ground. For that barbarian, use negative levels/exhaustion/STR penalties and such debuffs. You're a necromancer after all.

Casters are amazing self-buffers. If you don't have your buffs on, you're just a lv 10 commoner near actual combatants.
>>
>r1
Greater Invisiblity
>r2-8
Hide in a corner
>r9
Hold person

Also in what world is a totem barbarian less of a threat than any druid
>>
>>54777505

Meant "more of a threat"
>>
Work in SRD variant Concentration before the campaign ends. As a feat, if necessary (as suggested).
R1: Greater Invisibility
R2: Animate Dead in a 5th-level slot
R3-11: chant while stealthed
R12+: spam Blight, which does 4d8 even on a successful save, from behind your four fresh zombies (five if the druid is specced to have a companion, idk 5e druids well.)

If you can't get variant Concentration, you can also use a 5th level slot to make Bestow Curse not require concentration and force the Barb into a Wis save every round or not act, and Wis isn't a favored save for him.
>>
>>54777757
>If you can't get variant Concentration, you can also use a 5th level slot to make Bestow Curse not require concentration and force the Barb into a Wis save every round or not act, and Wis isn't a favored save for him.

It's nice because any turn he doesn1t deal/isn't dealt damage his rage fizzles out.
>>
>>54777803
Ooh, I didn't even notice that. Yeah, the "easy kill" may just be a level 5 don't act curse and then kiting him until he runs out of daily rage charges.
>>
Oh, and if you can push things to level 11, you get so many more options. He gets a Con save to survive lethal damage with 1 HP, sure, but your skellies or zombos can claw through that in a single round because it's weak against continuous low damage.

You get the option to prepare both Circle of Death and Disintegrate as your single 6th-level, and be prepared whether you convince the party to gangbang the Barb or not. Or swap in Flesh to Stone as your single-target killer, or Mass Suggestion (doesn't work with unreasonable suggestions, but "kill the barb THEN the wiz" is reasonable) as your AoE, depending on the party's favored saves and stats.

Or you could do the best psychological experiment, which is to Globe of Invunerability and watch them slowly decide to kill each other while waiting. But they might not, especially since you're calling attention to your plan.
>>
>>54777982
If they don't have a dispel, you could hide for 1 minute, cast Tiny hut, and then just keep re-casting it as a ritual. You are now entirely impervious to harm. You can use summoning spells, or put down exploding runes with your familiar.
>>
>>54775488
keep in mind the martial will have way trickier plans than you because their class doesn't solve problems for them. You should avoid any situation where you have to make decisions when you fight them
>>
>>54775734
Came here to say this, tbqhwyf.

People are so prone toward lone-wolfism that they often forget the unending resource of flattery and wit. Anything can be bought with a simple gift and a solid pact; especially the loyalty of a fellow soldier...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.