[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Telescoping axe for a mechanically inclined but brutish fighter,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: tY27DWLtKVAaYWTx.jpg (60KB, 621x480px) Image search: [Google]
tY27DWLtKVAaYWTx.jpg
60KB, 621x480px
Telescoping axe for a mechanically inclined but brutish fighter, so they can fight comfortably and quickly with either an axe and shield or a two-handed axe as the situation demands.

Good idea or bad idea?
>>
>>54772205
generally, unless the weapon is made of some god-tier stuff or magical, telescoping shafts massively weaken a weapon.

Then again, if you're GM doesn't concern about that sort of thing either, you might be good.

But I guess as long as you plan for maybe a two foot shaft to only extend to maybe four foot, you might be able to swing it (no pun intended) by instead just having some screw-ibn sockets.

Not much better for durability and harder to change out on the fly, but less chance of jamming, plus you have a nice whacking stick.
>>
>>54772303
Well maybe I should just go the Dark Souls route and have it always be a large weapon that he simply one-hands due to prodigious size. I could represent his technical know-how by adding some different "tricks" to his weapon and shield, a hidden retractable blade in the haft to make it a short halberd or something, a miniature cannon in the shield and such.
>>
File: MoHun SwitchAxe.gif (887KB, 369x359px) Image search: [Google]
MoHun SwitchAxe.gif
887KB, 369x359px
There's two ways to go about this, either you go for realism and this is already too far gone, or you go for rule of cool and this is not gone far enough.
>>
>>54772355
Remind yourself that prodigious size alone doesn't dissuade a sharpened blade.
Or something along those lines.
>>
>>54772394
yeah that's what the shield's for but thanks for that tidbit of information, Ancestor
>>
>>54772370
gotta say, even as a realfag (it's more that I enjoy legendary weapons being understated, to be honest) that giant axe into a giant sword is fucking neato.

All it needs is for the blades to be come great void into realms of pure energy or something.
>>
>>54772205
Another character in a game I played had something like this. It was more of an axe/halberd hybrid. I think it screwed together, instead of collapsing though.
>>
>>54772432
nigga what
>>
>>54772490
He told you. He's a real fag. A homosexual.
>>
>>54772205
Better idea: you have a weapon and shield that combine into a heavy axe.
>>
>>54773024
Shield with sharp edges and a mace then? Sounds good to me.
>>
Maybe I should just combine the shield with a typical one-handed weapon and keep the axe large and in charge for bigger threats then.

What's a good weapon to pair off with a shield if you're already carrying a fuckhuge axe?
>>
>>54773165
Since the axe is sharp and choppy, you should go with something blunt and smashy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.