[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how would you improve world of warcraft trolls for your setting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: troll woman.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
troll woman.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
how would you improve world of warcraft trolls for your setting? I always thought they were one step away from being an interesting culture for roleplaying.
>>
>>54771929
There isn't much. I always loved the idea of all the tribes of Trolls. I want to use them but I don't want to look like a coppycat carl so I've been thinking about reskinning trolls as tall raptor men and throwing conventional trolls in
>>
>>54771929
Trolls were made a long time ago, in a time when lazily copying a real world culture and it's religion, and making them ugly monsters, was acceptable. It would be perfectly fine... If the portayal of voodoo was at least accurate.
But it's not! Real voodoo is an amazing and strange religion that could only be born from interaction of african tribal beliefs with white colonists. This is why voodoo features gods like Baron Samedi, a skeleton in a european suit. Or Ti Jean Quinto, a loa who looks like a police officer.
WoW voodoo is nothing like that. It's a boring animistic religion with nothing interesting or unique about it. It's a hollywood voodoo with shrunken heads and witch doctors.

Give them the real voodoo, or at least something similiar.
>>
File: zandalar.jpg (312KB, 1110x1479px) Image search: [Google]
zandalar.jpg
312KB, 1110x1479px
>>54772085
sounds like lizardmen from warhammer. I don't think people would care to much if you put wow trolls into your setting. if its not jarring and awkward then it should be fine. While blizz is shitty at writing cultures I think trolls have some pretty cool potential. Lots of the overgrown ruins that trolls live in, is whats left of what was probably a blinged out aztec like civilization
>>
>>54772176
Gonna read about real voodoo. Where should I start?
>>
>>54772176
I like the watered down version of vodoo in warcraft
>>
Fold in goblins, for a race with risky voodoo-themed magitek (so also taking influence from cargo cults?) which they tolerate because eh, regeneration.
>>
Sever them from Warcraft and give the wound time to heal.
>>
Did you guys know that voodoo is a branch of catholicism? It totally is.
>>
>>54771929
>how would you improve world of warcraft trolls for your setting?
they seem fine as is

i would be fucking delighted if a player could pull of a WoW troll PC in a game
>>
i've always enjoyed the differences and similarities between the different tribes, but i think that both could be more pronounced, such has all of them having a similar pantheon (or the same) but different tribes having different ways of worshiping, interpretation of scripture and stories, different "lead" gods and different religious rituals. but while still having unique physiology, beyond just skincolor; pygmy swamp trolls, worshipping claiming the crocodile water god to be the most powerful god, the intelligent yet spindly desert trolls, worshipping the sunbird god, the semi-quadropedic mountain trolls, worshipping the cougar of the stone

etc, etc.
>>
>>54771929
Don't treat them as fodder like WoW does.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.