[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 36

File: 1445195438023.png (171KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1445195438023.png
171KB, 265x370px
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>54767745
I dont get it, whats the problem?
>>
File: snapcaster mage.jpg (65KB, 312x445px)
snapcaster mage.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>54767760
The joke anon's getting at is that they replaced the art of this card, who's appearance is based off of the winner of the last Magic Invitational in 2007
>>
>>54767810
So? They changed the art in MM3 too
>>
File: Image.png (131KB, 223x311px)
Image.png
131KB, 223x311px
same artist
>>
File: Image.png (120KB, 223x311px)
Image.png
120KB, 223x311px
>>54767745
>>54767882

same artist
>>
File: 75[1].jpg (68KB, 312x445px)
75[1].jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>54767810
Happened to most of the other invitationals eventually.
>>
>>54767745
I guess the joke is for it being a DCI promo?
>>
>>54767745
It's the best looking of the 3 versions of the card by a longshot. Wish it wasn't so expensive.
>>
>>54767745
My problem is that it doesn't look like a blue card
>>
I guess the OP is a butthurt /pol/ retard that is looking way too deeply into this, and implying the artist has ulterior conspiracy theory-tier motives to promote Black people and have white people in stocks?
>>
>>54767745
Thank god they blackwashed one of the most powerful and popular cards in the game, I was starting to worry about Wizards racist attitudes and their underrepresenting minorities.
>>
>>54767745
>>54767810
>>54767882
Is the issue that they're black?
>>
I don't play Magic, but I usually enjoy the fluff blurbs. When did they stop printing those?

>>54768498
>>54768501
Now kiss!
>>
>>54768533
They stoped because the last guy they did it for (snappy) was such a turbo-autist that demanded the card be Blue in order to make hus deck stronger.
>>
>>54768498
>Magic: The Gathering hired an African American "race and culture" consultant (blogger) to aid in the writing of a black character's "lived experiences," despite that character having no ties to Africa, America, or... Earth.
>Let’s talk clearly here: Kaya is our first Planeswalker who’s a black woman. As a baseline, we approached her as we would any other character. But we know that there are pitfalls specifically in representing black women in media, and we don’t labor under the impression that we know what all of them are or how to avoid them. Doing so effectively requires both critical and lived experience, and we don’t currently have anyone on our story team who has that specific experience.
>Goal one in hiring a consultant—level zero, nonnegotiable—is to avoid those pitfalls. If we set out to show you someone who looks like you or lives like you on a card, the absolute last reaction we want to elicit is “Ugh, not THIS again.” We believe it is both right and good to draw on experiences other than our own to craft our characters, stories, and worlds, and we believe it is mandatory to do so in a respectful way. Consultants help us do that when our own experience falls short. We hope to broaden our team’s demographics in the future, but our audience’s will always be broader, and so consultants will always have a role.

You dont have to agree with it but that doesnt make it any less real
>>
>>54768498
Probably, but now that you've acknowledged it faggots are gonna swarm out of the woodwork to troll about it. Would have been better to just let it die quietly.
>>
>>54767745

Is... is the joke that they made him black? Don't cut yourself on all that edge, OP.
>>
>>54767745
WE
>>
>>54768990
they should do it for all amonket cards.
>>
>>54767745
I honestly think this art is better than its previous iterations.
>>
>>54767745
>Snapcongo Mage
>>
>>54769308
>Snapcongo Mage
That was terrible and you should go sit outside. I bet I can think of better jokes while typing this post.

>Nappycaster Mage

Hey look it's a better joke than yours.
>>
>>54767810
This guy is a fucking prick and deserved to get wiped off his card.
He tried to get in a land that could counter and that was just the least ridiculous of his ideas. He also got assmad when Snapcaster was supposed to be Red and went MUH BLUE until they changed it to shut him up.
>>
>>54769420
From what I can tell most of these guys are kind of jackasses about their card.
>>
>>54769420
MaRo said they didn't ever talk to him about making it red, just that he requested it be blue. You're making him out to be a bigger dick than he was.

The land was pretty retarded though.

>>54769434
Why do you say that? A lot of them haven't even been good cards. How many of you can name Terry Soh's invitational card without looking it up?
>>
>>54767745

I get trying to make cards with black people on them..

but..

why does it just look like the average pursesnatcher? this is supposed to be a fantasy game with demons and wizards and stuff. that's just some fucking dindu who looks like he's running away after snapping up a purse
>>
File: 186.jpg (70KB, 312x445px)
186.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>54767900
people only got buttmad when the new art showed a black dude

didn't hear any backlash about this one either
>>
>>54771839
implying those tards have played enough magic to know about shit like infiltrator and meddling mage
>>
>>54771436
He's called Snapcaster Mage for a reason cracka jack.
>>
>>54768819
Yeah that shit was pretty gay, I was asspained about Kaya too. I don't think these are comparable, though.
>>
>>54769032
>I honestly think this art is better than its previous iterations.

Every invitational card is improved with new art because the old art always has some stupid fat nerd's head photoshopped into a fantasy image.

Only invitational card that had good art from day one was the Mike Long one, and that's only because Mike Long was in the background instead of the focus of the piece.
>>
>>54771436
>why does it just look like the average pursesnatcher?
Explain. Without saying "because he's black".
>>
>>54768819
>>Let’s talk clearly here: Kaya is our first Planeswalker who’s a black woman
>and as we know, black people aren't people and women aren't people either so we really needed to hire somebody to explain what the fuck they are and how they think
>dragons are totally people though
>>
>>54769512
>Terry Soh's invitational card
Rakdos Augermage. I was playing competitively when he won the Invitational.
>>
>>54771981
But anon, that's the only reason he has. Here, have a black man from when this shit wasn't an issue.
>>
>>54767745

Looks like a football player to me. Soccer. Whatever. He's clearly rearing for a kick.

Like, I would be shocked if the artist didn't use a football pic as reference.
>>
>>54769512
>A lot of them haven't even been good cards

All of them tried to be format-definingly broken. Fortunately only some succeeded.

Makes sense of course. If you got to design a card, would you design some limited fifth-pick chaff that everyone forgets about? Or would you push it as far as it goes?
>>
>>54772008

Forced diversity is much less of an issue when the whole set's concept is Fantasy Africa.
>>
>>54767745
>>54767882
>>54767889
If the artist is white than this is creepy because he's probably got a major black fetish he's covering up. I can sniff this shit from a mile away and whites with black fetishes are worse than footfags.
>>
>>54772075
I mean, I despise the forced diversity as much as the next guy, and I'm pretty sure any attempts at making another Jamuraa-esque setting would just be some horrendous we wuz shit, but let's be real, with how polarized politics have gotten, people would bitch even if it was perfectly fine. That's all I was getting at. I wish we could go back to the days of Mirage, it's one of my favorite blocks and they weren't so smug about their shit-tier affirmative action storytelling.
>>
man even magic cards, nothing is safe from this culture war paranoia
>>
>>54772193
It'd help if they didn't actively take part in said culture war. I'm not really sure what this card has to do with it, though. When I see the art director's notes about how it needs to be diverse, then maybe I'll worry.
>>
>>54771436
>average purse snatcher
>arcs of magical energy spiraling around their arm
Where the fuck you live?
>>
>>54767745
should have been mono-red
>>
>ITT a bunch of people who don't play MtG complain about MtG
>>
>>54772311
Hey moron, >>54768819
>>
File: 1500839130394.jpg (59KB, 500x332px)
1500839130394.jpg
59KB, 500x332px
>playing magic
>>
>>54772457

He said this particular card, implying Snapcaster Mage in the OP. The post you linked is talking about a completely different card.
>>
>>54768525
The issue is that Asians are getting cucked once again
>>
>>54772075
Fantasy Africa following Fantasy Egypt following Fantasy India. Lotta darkness going on, and I'm not talking about the color wheel. Not to mention it's all about "muh human tribes" and not any genuinely fantastical worlds like we used to have.

Seriously, someone in R&D is pushing an agenda. You'd have to be blind to see otherwise.
>>
File: 1490978123010.jpg (156KB, 623x414px)
1490978123010.jpg
156KB, 623x414px
>>54772457
>Brings in consultant to design first black female planeswalker
>Random art of a nameless black wizard

Okay.
>>
>>54772570
>Fantasy India
Kaladesh
>Fantasy Egypt
Amonkhet
>Fantasy Africa
...?
>>
>>54772570
We're getting Fantasy Mesoamerica with Dinosaurs and Pirates, anon.
>>
File: MIR_booster.jpg (35KB, 275x480px)
MIR_booster.jpg
35KB, 275x480px
>>54772623
>>Fantasy Africa
Dominaria / Jamuraa
>>
>>54772662
A whole 20 years ago, back when we got good blocks.
>>
>>54767745

We often call it Blackcaster Mage or Football Mage because it looks like Soccer player from Brazil or something.
>>
>>54772643
So just a shade lighter than black?
>>
>>54772003
Also wtf Teferi was printed years ago. His first block was decades ago. Did Jamuraa somehow become less black because it wasn't mary sue garbage?
>>
File: Ranger of Eos.jpg (31KB, 223x310px)
Ranger of Eos.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>54772051

This is the best player designed card ever. Good but not overtly strong and well balanced for costs, stats and abilities.
>>
>>54772805
They've gone on the record as claiming that Jamuraa (and Kamigawa, for that matter) didn't "respect" the cultures they were drawing from. What I assume that means is that they're old, reasonably original, and were written by white men, so they can't be any good.
>>
>>54772850
>They've gone on the record as claiming that Jamuraa (and Kamigawa, for that matter) didn't "respect" the cultures they were drawing from.
got single fact to back that bullshit up?
>>
>>54772809
Ranger pleases my balanceboner. The mana cost just feels perfect for the card.
>>
>>54772865
The column came out around the time of Kaladesh, if I recall, but no, I don't have a link to hand. Feel free to correct me because it could've just been some random hipster writing for a website rather than WotC, but it's hard to tell the difference anymore.
>>
>>54772570
When are the poor downtrodden underrepresented white men going to have THEIR turn to shine?
Why is Wizards allowed to victimize defenseless whites by prohibiting fair and equitable depictions of the white race in their fantasy illustrations?
>>
>>54772865
I'd like to see source as well, considering Kamigawa EXPLICITLY tried to be as accurate as possible in regards to Shinto as a set theme, instead of just making theme park japan.
>>
>>54772809
Complete with comfy doggo, the fucker aint bad in EDH either
>>
>>54772926
>Kaladesh, the beach episode Plane where the revolt was fucking lame, the plane was pretty much just the city of Ghirapur itself, and ended up being underwhelming as fuck
Keep in mind that they were pandering to faggots like this guy (39:50)
https://youtu.be/nyhzyLttUOk?t=2389
>>
>>54768417
>Wanting niggers on your magic cards.
No, just no.
>>
>>54773223
Wow that guy has the Jewiest nose in the entire universe. I'm Jewish and not a single person in my extended family looks as Jewy as him.
>>
>>54773223
>We have an autistic character
Well I'm glad that guy finally got the representation he was craving. Also, I call bullshit. We've had Urza since the beginning, and that nigga was autistic as fuck.
>>
>>54773223
He was autistically upset about it explicitly because it wasn't pandering to what he wanted. But wizards was also specifically avoiding doing what he wanted anyway, and also the plane wasn't what he wanted it to be by design, so. Assuming this is who I think it is.
>>54773239
He's an indian so.
>>
>>54773276
And who might he be?

Or in the spirit of the thread, who dat iz?
>>
>>54773276
>He's an indian so.
No he's not, is he? His name is Ari Levitch (Jewish first and last name) and he's from California.
>>
>>54773303
Shivam Bhatt or however he spells his last name. He threw up a big stink about Kaladesh just using an Indian aesthetic as window dressing for artifact world rather than being a full blown india world and has been a part of the content creator community since. I'm not exactly sure who or what he did before then or where he came from.
>>
>>54773316
Since it was that worldbuilding panel I assumed it was Shivam. My bad for being presumptuous.
>>
>>54772931

You joke but we haven't had a white block since Ice Age.
>>
Is the conspiracy agenda just that it won't be all white doods all the time?
>>
>>54773380
Ravnica counts, right?
>>
>>54772139
If they printed Mirage Block as-is today instead of Amonkhet, we'd be getting the exact same WE WUZ stuff. The only difference is less complaints about low power level.
Instead it'd be complaints about high power level and Wizards powercreeping, etc. due to things like LED
>>
>>54773406

No, Ravnica is a multicultural mess. New York the Plane. Theros might count though.
>>
>>54773427
>Theros might count though.
Nope. Mediterraneans aren't even white in real life to begin with.
>>
>>54773427
It's a multicultural mess heavily inspired by east Europe though.
>>
>>54772940
Also I highly doubt the person talking about Kamigawa was Japanese or even Asian for that matter.

It's always whites and blacks who think they know what's best for Asian people and try to suppress Asian cultures from actually being Asian.
>>
>>54773489

A multicultural mess by definition cannot be a "white block".
>>
>>54767745
Are you really implying dunkcaster mage is bad?
>>
>>54773419
Modern day Mirage spoiler thread
>All these creatures fucking suck, what the fuck Wizards
>WE
>That diamond is balls except with madness, the cost is way too high, there's no point to it
>these tutors suck why don't they put them in your hand
>WUZ
>everything is out of color pie wizards has gone mad
>goddamnit maro now he's got his own card
>why doesn't flash grant flash
>these fetches are so bad, wizards is afraid to reprint the REAL fetches even this soon after Khans?
>wtf is phasing
>RITUAL REPRINT RITUAL REPRINT STORM IS BACK IN MODERN BABY
>Phyrexian Dreadnought is going to be broken I just know it
>Why does Wizards hate Prowess so much?
>KANGZ
>>
>>54773489
Heavily inspired by multicultural messes. What part is Eastern European except for the fact that it has vampires and poor people?
>>
>>54773629
>All of the names are slavic as fuck.
>Rusalkas
>Weird russian/polish mythology.
>devs stating that it's based off eastern europe.
>probably lots more.
>>
>>54773518

Yeah, it's rather depressing how many people who talk about cultural inclusiveness and such will in same breath condemn all outwardly visible _signs_ of that culture as racist caricatures that surely can't exist in reality. It's like in their mind their own upper middle class white American college-educated culture is not a distinct thing, but some kind of a universal default state and if something deviates from it, that's not real, that's a racist caricature.

These are the sort of people who are uncomfortable in their skin if samurai, geisha, cherry blossoms, ninja or any of the things that people mentally associate with Japan - to pick an example - are brought up, because they think, apparently, that those things are insulting to the Japanese somehow. Like in their mind Japanese are actually all just upper middle class white people from Portland or something and evil racists invented all the things I listed to shame Japanese. It's bizarre.
>>
>>54773560

This is pretty much exactly what would happen.
>>
>>54772113
You do realize that the race of the characters are usually specified by the comission text, right? The fault lies with the art director, not the artist.
>>
>>54773644
Sure, the names are a mix of different slavic languages but other than that there's barely anything slavic about Ravnica, they just slapped slavic names on stuff
>>
>>54773766
I'm not willing to give white artists the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>54767745
Isn't this old news? We've known about this for years haven't we?
>>
>>54773669
Honestly I can't help but feel it's just white people hiding their racism behind fancy words.

People are fucking dicks and no matter how righteous they claim to be always need someone to look down upon and sneer at.

So if it's not blacks it's hispanics and if it's not hispanics it's asians and if it's not asians it's some other group.

I learned this shit pretty quickly in high school when I was the fat kid and most of my bullies were "against racism and bigotry in all forms" and yet would harass me for just existing and throw shards of glass at me. If society allowed it they'd have been doing it to the black kids.

People are horrible.
>>
>>54773780
When is the Camelot plane coming out with round table knights (all of them white of course) led by Arthur? We were kings, after all.
>>
>>54769343
I like Snapcongo Mage.

I would prefer "SNAPcard Mage"
>>
File: 0000009.jpg (33KB, 223x310px)
0000009.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
meddling mage became a black chick in alara reborn
>>
>>54767745
WE
>>
>>54773223
What a colossal faggot, this is what happens when you start pandering to this community. He isn't happy, he isn't invested in the quality of life, he cares about being heard, being important, and being catered too. This guy must have the largest fucking ego, literally talking directly to the design team every chance he gets in front of an audience, criticizing and praising whatever he finds important. If this is who Wizards is catering to I finally get why their product is shit.

>nice diversity, BUT WHEN ARE YOU GONNA DO MORE??
>
>>
>>54773855
It's only funny when blacks say it because they think they were Egyptian. White people did rule.
There's nothing ironic about a white person saying that the Anglo-Saxon bloodline is one of kings when Anglo-Saxons ruled an empire that spanned the entire globe for hundreds of years and continue to rule the most advanced civilizations on earth.
>>
>>54773380
Innistrad was pretty fucking white, Anon.
>>
>>54768525
It's 4chan. That's always an issue.
>>
>>54773435
So what the fuck was Innistrad? Both of them?

What do you want? You had fucking England/Colonial America and that's about as white as it gets.
>>
>>54773380
What about Lorwyn? Seemed white enough for me.
>>
>>54773959
There are no Humans in Lorwyn.
>>
>>54773911
can you please fuck off back to /pol/ where this idiotic race war belongs?
>>
>>54773972
WHAT THE FUCK WAS INNISTRAD?
>>
>>54773959
To be fair, Lorwyn didn't have any actual human beings in it
>>
>>54773855

Current WotC, I don't think they could do that without making a quarter of the Ellipsoid Table suspiciously swarthy in complexion and beatboxing constantly.

It was so fucking honest at the start, the first set was called Arabian Nights and they didn't even change Arabia to a made-up word because why bother? We have a card named Jihad, we have a card named Army of Allah, fuck you. Then they made original planes and they were clever and fun, and then something happened to them. Something bad. Now everything is this safe-for-MTV shit that reeks fake from a mile away. Even their Egypt plane is like a theme park, sanitized, scared of being anything real. Where's the Female Circumcision card? One black, "destroy target Samut planeswalker".
>>
>>54773959
>>54773914
Again NOT WHITE ENOUGH, not nearly enough to make up for this irrational and unnecessary inclusion of nonwhites. When are you going to do MORE about this lack of racial diversity!!!?
>>
>>54773959
>most diverse plane in existance
>still never coming back

It hurts
>>
>>54773982
Yeah but the elve kithkin and giants were all pretty much white guys with ears/height/opposite of height.

Lorwyn was coolest for those elementals though.
>>
>>54773981

Innistrad has black people in the art. It shouldn't logically, but it does.
>>
>>54773977
>>54773981
>>54773998
Why is it always the SJWs who seem the most angry? /pol/ calmly posts facts and arguments and are met by screeching.
>>
>>54774020
They don't like being exposed to different opinions.
>>
File: 1483668394775.png (100KB, 292x257px)
1483668394775.png
100KB, 292x257px
>>54773952
>>54773952
>Innistrad
>England/Colonial America

It's continental Europe, primarily Germany.
>>
>>54774020
My proud white ancestors and myself didn't rise to become majestic and heroic kings of old, only to be subjected to the horrific ignominy of being ignored and excluded in fantasy card game art.

How dare you try to diminish my pain while at the same time throwing these nonwhites in my face at every turn.
>>
>>54773911

Actually it was roughly a combination of asian and white people in ancient Egypt ruling. You can see from certain sculptures of differing facial features of asian and caucasian people between them.

It was only recently that they found DNA links from ancient mummies in the northern area of Egypt to be more closer to asian people than others. It was only the areas more to the south in Numidia that they have more typical markers to negro africans today.
>>
>>54774020
>/pol/ calmly posts facts
I'm loling outloud.
>>
Am I the only one who's equally bothered by white people showing up where they shouldn't? Tarkir, for instance. White people in Fantasy South East Asia seemed just as out of place as blacks in Fantasy 17th Century Germany
>>
>>54774066
I would hope so, that's what the acronym stands for.

>>54774071
No, it bugs the shit out of me, too.
>>
>>54774071
>Am I the only one who's equally bothered by white people showing up where they shouldn't? Tarkir, for instance

There were whites in Tarkir? What card? I saw only steppe people.
>>
>>54774071
Not unless it's something like Nioh where it was based on a real dude otherwise yes.

The mass majority of people didn't travel more than 25 miles from where they were born until very recently in human history. You'd have merchants and such traveling but your average every day person stayed wherever the fuck they were born.

Dark Souls is still one of the few fantasy settings I think it got fantasy diversity right with it's few sparse Not-Asians and Not-African merchants.

Unless you're doing shit like Warcraft where it's all shits and giggles and teleportation exists people shouldn't be traveling that far from their homeland.
>>
>>54774071
>mongolia is south east asia
>>
>>54773560
>Are there even enough griffins for an EDH deck? It's obviously not going to be played anywhere else.
>so what happens to my phasing creature if someone wraths?
>how does black have the best counterspell in modern
>Looks like they finally changed their minds on land destruction, took them long enough. Now they just need to reprint Sinkhole and Wasteland and Strip Mine.
>Why are the phyrexian cards in black? shouldn't they be in white like mai waifu?
>fucking yugioh bullshit cards shouldn't reference other cards ever
>is that a penis
>the fuck is a brushwagg
>phyrexians, poison counters, INFECT IS COMING BACK
>what's with all the shitty art, just looks like splotches of colors on a card
>>
>>54774071
Mongolians aren't all dark-skinned, you (apparently non)mongoloid.
>>
>>54774146
What even is a "Summon"
>>
>>54768819
Don't forget her (((opinon))) on the Kangz block, but all /pol/ posting aside, this shoving diversity is only going to get fat white women into the game and at most I can see them investing maybe 40 bucks of their beta orbitors money into the game. I am taking a break from mtg and got into 40K, best fucking decision.
>>
>>54773223
This right here is the whole problem, you'll never satisfy the SJW crowd by pandering to them. It'll never be enough, no matter what, because there will always be some slightly more marginalized group that isn't on a Magic card.
>>
>>54773223
>Disabled people

TEZZERET

HAS

FUCKING

PROSTHETIC

LIMBS

YOU

DENSE

FUCK
>>
>>54774194
>walking proudly among a crowd of people
She looks like she's sprinting around like a crazed chimpanzee with a knife in hand ready to stab anyone who she sees, were they even looking at the image?
>>
>>54774194
cum play Horus Heresy m'lard, nearly all of the armies are 100% men.
>>
>>54774222
and he's black or something

a twofer
>>
>>54774230
That's just how they walk. What are you, a racist?
>>
>>54774194
>>54774230
Wait, are they even talking about Samut? Because from the description Honored Crop Captain fits better, but even still
>WE
>>
>>54774071
Not bothered by either. Its Magic: The Gathering not Historical: The Accurate Depiction of Human Geography. Variations on themes has been a thing for a while in other mediums. Wouldn't bother me if there was an all white set either, not super concerned with diverse gender/race depictions as liberatory progressive (or reactionary) social movements via tabletop fantasy games. Watching people get mad about it is an interesting barometer of how polarized people with disposable income are getting though. Probably good fodder for people who want to do a lazy MA.

3/3's a 3/3 if it has a mulatto lesbian rocket scientist in a wheelchair or ward cleaver lighting a cross on my lawn. I'm not going to a draft to make friends, I don't care what those people's politics are and don't care if they like me or not due to my skin colour. If its at a point where I can't go into a game store because I'm not white, I'm going to be doing other shit.
>>
>>54773993
A) Trying to be close to a culture didn't sell well (Kamigawa)
B) Theme Park version DID sell exceedingly well (Theros)
Selling well is important because they're a business - and Magic in specific is what's keeping Wizards of the Coast from being dismantled by Poppa Hasbro. So they need to keep doing well, so they keep going for 'safe' as much as possible.
Add to that that Magic has some sort of movie deal in the works, and Poppa Hasbro is thus watching closer, so they have to be on their very best behaviour. Honestly, the bullshit with Triumph of Ferocity a few years back is likely where things really started going downhill - the accusation was bullshit made solely to get attention (due to the context being on the card itself), but it still makes the company look bad, and thus they get told to make things conform better and thus comes the downward spiral ever since.
>>
>>54772931
Literally Innistrad.

Yeah, there are a handful of black people around, but the first planeswalker we met from Kaladesh also looks like she's fucking Irish.
>>
>>54774298
Kamigawa sold poorly because the cards sucked ass. It was one of the weakest sets of all time, aside from a few staple cards (such as Kodama's Reach).
>>
>>54774276
Did you see the art review article where they got aforementioned consultant to chime in about Honored Crop Captain and how she went on a whole tirade about how it was racist because the captain is shown as lighter skinned than the surroundings, and not because I don't know, ART COMPOSITION?!

Honestly the lady's just kind of bad at her job. Samut's a decent concept, but she's fucking terrible in execution, and Kaya basically reads as a deviantart OC.
>>
>>54774309
In fairness, she wasn't meant to be Indian until... Origins, I think, actually. She existed for what, eight years before they came up with that shit? I don't know why they couldn't just have either had her have white parents or have accidentally planeswalked there as a kid and been adopted.
>>
>>54774309
I always thought that was weird. How the fuck do two indians produce a pale ginger?
>>
>>54774177
I was assuming current oracle text for everything, but otherwise the same cards.
Brushwagg is still a brushwagg.
>>
>>54772570
Dude, get over it. They're cashing in on literal brownie points.
>>
>>54774231
I am doing 8th edition Imperial Guard, grated I want to get into Horus Heresy. I deal with politics all the time and magic was my 3 hours a week escape from the world. Now it's 40K, you just need a break from all this shit you know. I am not say go 1488 with magic, I didn't care about Kaladesh, what bothered me was how WotC danced like monkeys to make that fat Indian guy happy. Amenhotep kinda sucked cause I have a hard on for Egyptian women, but instead we got very manish black women and a lot of the cute Egyptian women were places on those tiny as hell after math cards. I don't have a problem introducing POC, Saheeli Ra was a cool character, bring her along on adventures. WotC is focusing on the wrong stuff and giving too much power to people that just want to push agenda's.
>>
>>54774194
>I am taking a break from mtg and got into 40K, best fucking decision.
Honestly, it's not just that, but also the prices. I can spend 80 for a noble heirarch, or spend five more bux and get a Start collecting box. Main reason why,
>>
>literal brownie points.
my sides
>>
People keep bitching about black people on my trading cards but have you guys even seen the other two Snapcaster Mages? They look fucking awful.
>>
>>54774331
Well, except for the bit where Chandra is an Indian name.
>>
>>54774326
The consultant is a racist is what the problem is. In her mind, 'diversity' means 'people of african descent'.
It's disgusting. I'm for diversity, personally (as long as it DOES make sense and it's not just 'and we add this one skin color') and this woman sickens me.
>>
>>54774331
>>54774377
Curiously enough, I went to high school with a Brahmin girl who was whiter than even me (Jewish). She had pale skin and wavy brown hair but was Indian
>>
>>54774377
And yet they've never pronounced that Indian name properly. It was just a fantasy name until they went "Shit, she's white. What can we do about this?"
>>
>>54774196
Political movements are rarely satisfied as a totality. Engagement over time with a constantly shifting context is a thing all wide interest political groups do. Conservatives are trying to conserve, to maintain or even return to a previous model, which will require constant maintenance and never actually be as good as the good old days. Everyone tries to push, steal, wring and twist as much as possible from the legal framework.
>>
>>54774222
Daretti is stuck in his mechanical wheelchair, as well.
But obviously he doesn't count because he's a GOBLIN.
>>
>>54774283
It matters because all these pre-industrial societies being multiethnic raises questions that damage the consistency of the settings.
>>
File: 1456375258963.gif (2MB, 500x281px)
1456375258963.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Honestly what bugs me the more I think about it, is that Kaladesh has this kind of english-colonization vibe to it.
But where did they come from? Is there like some other half of the plane we haven't seen? Because to my understanding planes are pretty much like "small" worlds, right? So the Not-Indian plane should consist of exclusively Not-Indian like humans, right? Is there like a white Empire on a quarter of Kaladesh that we haven't seen hellbent on conquering the world? Which is where Kieran and the industrial innovation and oppressive authorities came from?

It confuses me about Innistrad too with those few foreigner cards. Yes I understand what they were trying to do, outsiders being persecuted against because they look different out of fear, but where do they COME FROM?
>>
File: DD20150728_icon.jpg (107KB, 768x432px)
DD20150728_icon.jpg
107KB, 768x432px
>>54774331
What would have made more sense is if her Dad was a walker since he is white (and being a walker makes your genes stronger or some crap like that), also make Baral a walker too. It would make sence how those two guys are the only white people in the plain. Or maybe fire mages inner fire burns so bright it makes their Skin white and hair red. But instead it's just is cause we need to appeal to Indian's is that even a market here?
>>
>>54774476
>make baral a walker too
you saying baral is chandra dad?
>>
>>54774500
No, Chandra, her father, and Baral are the only white people we see on the whole plain, so making them walkers make sense since they already look foreign to the world
>>
>>54774473
>It confuses me about Innistrad too with those few foreigner cards. Yes I understand what they were trying to do, outsiders being persecuted against because they look different out of fear, but where do they COME FROM?

Well in Bloodborne there's a Japanese hunter who went all the way to not-England to kill a giant skeleton monster for honor or some shit.
>>
>>54774500
>>
>>54774536
What about the dwarfs? How does that shit fit in? Because the reason skin pigmentation variation exists in the first place is because we adapt to our surroundings, right? So why are dwarfs white, when all the humans are brown?
>>
>>54772850
>What I assume that means is
>I assume that
>assume
>>
>>54774464
Where is this damage occurring? Most complaints about the design of characters, setting, and plot center around the story being bad capeshit with a MtG tint. Outside of these threads on /tg/ nobody is raising serious concerns about too much representation leading to wholes in world design. I'd wager that's not even all that highly ranked on the average players' list of complaints.

Do people have a harder time suspending their belief of a multiethnic fantasy world than they do about most of the leaps that Magic takes in worldbuilding? With worlds populated by more than one species, various shade of human seems like a small thing that'd be simple to explain or handwave away.
>>
>>54774464
You're already barely pretending to be plane travelling matawizards who can summon mummies and aether powered clockwork golems, who gives a shit? It kills your historical immersion to see or not see a black guy, but drawing fire from the sky to obliterate your opponent's necromancer doesn't?

Also, lots of historical examples of multiethnic clusters before the industrial revolution. Tang china, all the different shit that called itself turkish, eastern roman byzant off the top of my head.
>>
>>54774536
>>54774545
i was making an interesting plot point for u.
>>
>>54774020
>why do people always tell me to go to /pol/ when I post /pol/shit on /tg/?
>>
>>54774576
>You're already barely pretending to be plane travelling matawizards who can summon mummies and aether powered clockwork golems, who gives a shit? It kills your historical immersion to see or not see a black guy, but drawing fire from the sky to obliterate your opponent's necromancer doesn't?

This is the "fantastical elements mean they don't have to be internally consistent" argument. The fantastical elements are fine, because the rules regarding these elements are completely up to the setting.

But here's the thing: ethniticities are a thing that actual exists. We know how they work. We now that they require different peoples to spend thousands upon thousands of years in wildly different biomes in order to develop. So how do they occur in places like Innistrad, which only seems to have one kind of climate? Is there andre entire different continent we don't know about? Like the other anon said, where does that black guy come from?
>>
>>54774694
>So how do they occur in places like Innistrad, which only seems to have one kind of climate? Is there andre entire different continent we don't know about? Like the other anon said, where does that black guy come from?

I'm new to Magic fluff, but don't they call these guys planewalkers because they travel across different dimensions
>>
>>54774694
>Is there andre entire different continent we don't know about? Like the other anon said, where does that black guy come from?
If we're taking it this far in good faith I think that's a fair conclusion to come to isn't it? Especially considering that a lot of the planes we visit we only ever see one continent. The way you posed the question I don't think you'd agree with me though.
>>
>>54774694
>is there another continent
There are other planes of existence, not really seeing why its a big stretch for there to be another continent.

Ethnicity and cultural groupings are things, but many of them are complex and varied conflicting systems rather than monolithic and static unities.

The dragons vs diversity is more to question where your breaks in immersion come from, or how such a break is constituted. In this case, its constituted by having coloured people being unlikely and offensive to systemic understanding, when the same 'universe' has the ability to transport and displace people across dimensions. Its probably okay if there's a black guy wearing a tricorn.
>>
>>54774726
That's only true of a very, very small set of people. A planeswalker is a one in a million occurence.
>>
>>54774726
Most people aren't planeswalkers, they're exceptionally rare. A lot of the planes seem to only have one predominant culture or ethnicity, Wizards' preference for racially diverse casts discounted.

>>54774781
Some planes do have other continents we haven't explored, like Innistrad, but most aren't like that to our knowledge, and in the case of Kaladesh, we know for a fact it doesn't.
>>
>>54772623
Mirage you Millennial piece of shit
>>
>>54774809
>to our knowledge
There we go. That's what I'm so confused about. Its a fictional setting with universe altering magic that is developed over time by writers. It can have anything in it. Actually anything. So I don't really see the problem? I can see how you don't like it, but that's because it offends you rather than anything particularity rational given the material.

Even in universe, it seems plausible for a walker from a plane with X ethnicity to summon, which isn't even kidnapping people anymore, but make things out of mana that are simulacra of where they're from and discard them.

Beats me at this point. Its at that gap in aesthetics where I don't really understand someone else's subjective dislike.
>>
>>54774429
Her name was always meant to be Indian sounding. Her last name is fucking Nalaar. The real question is why they gave a pasty white firecrotch an indian and indian sounding name in the first place. The only reason Kaladesh is indian at all is because of her name. It was intially concepted as steampunk world because of her aesthetic.
>>
>>54774873
>I can see how you don't like it, but that's because it offends you rather than anything particularity rational given the material.
Ironic.
>>
>>54774873
I'm not the guy you were discussing with, I was just elaborating on a point. I think it'd make more sense if more of the planes were more cosmopolitan in that regard. I want planes with more continents and shit, but that's actually something MaRo was against, ironically. Apparently Wizards has a preference for monocultural theme park planes because they sell better. According to him, not making Otaria a separate plane from Dominaria was a mistake.
>>
>>54774835
I didn't know Ixilan was another way to spell Mirage.
>>
>>54774835
You are most likely a millennial.
>>
>>54774873
>but make things out of mana that are simulacra of where they're from and discard them

So what you're saying here is that Wizards are implying that blacks aren't real people
>>
>>54774873
Because Europeans don't like black people trying to claim European culture as their own. People have already been caught lying and photoshopping European art to "prove" how "multicultural" all of Europe "was"

Also when black people try to chase white people out of enjoying other cultures that only makes white people like mentioned above even angrier. I've known blacks who will be infuriated about white people enjoying Asian culture.

"We can lay claim to your culture but if you show any interest in a foreign culture it's wrong"
>>
>>54774873
But the thing is that it's believable in planes like Dominaria, where we've seen several different environments. So it would make sense to have a diverse group of humans, because it's a large area with largely different environments.
Meanwhile in Innistrad, out of 5 sets we have not seen any deviation from Not-Germany. There COULD be a tiny island directly on the equivalent of the equator where it's always sunny where all the dark skinned people hang out, but that just seems so unlikely.

If they're going to place such a large emphasis on world building and story, they need to get the blocks of the setting down.
The fact that I even need to ask how there are white people on Kaladesh, or non-Mongolians on Tarkir, or black people on Innistrad means they've failed.
>>
>>54774921
I am the guy he was discussing with, and I agree. Multicultural societies make sense in settings that are large enough for multiple cultures to actually develop
>>
>>54774921
>>54774893
>>54774949
>>54774974
>>54774959
wew, not even baiting.

>ironic
inr? But I'm not pretending to be even handed either or have access to the real rational as is. The idea of neutral art without political agenda is retarded. I'm the one way back who doesn't give a shit about diversity in the game one way or the other, it just confuses me when anyone cares about it this much.

>>54774921
>because they sell better
checks out, company wants to make money

>>54774949
Simulacra are Real, they're just not the real thing they're copied from.

>reverse cultural appropriation
Not going to take the 'you can't be racist to white people' stance because its stupid. But I don't really have any sympathy for you. I get why you don't like it though. I think its hilarious, but I get it. Everyone's racist to everyone, its a power structure, people use that shit to their advantage. You're at a disadvantage in terms of seeing the art you like on magic cards. You stop buying them?

>>54774974
I'd like it if they did more world building too. Or if people too the inclusion of black people to be world building. That's also an option. That being said, its a card game to sell, the world building in mtg has been low priority and low quality even for fantasy pulp for a while.
>>
>>54772789
I'm pretty sure they could print a fantasy Germany block with only-white characters at this point and you'd whinge because some soldier's skin didn't pass the Brown Paper Bag test.
>>
>>54775075
>Simulacra are Real, they're just not the real thing they're copied from

We're getting into some real dodgy ontological waters here
>>
>>54773952
>What do you want?
To complain about perceived racial persecution.
>>
>>54775142
How about Simulacra are Things?

Or we can talk about hegel and stuff.
>>
players getting replaced on invitational cards is bullshit
fuck this game
fuck me
>>
>>54775268
How is it bullshit? Wizards reprints old cards with new art all the time. The old versions still exist, they aren't recalling them all and burning them.
>>
>>54775184
You know, races aside, the whole "summoning" thing never made much sense to me. So in the reality of the game, the Magic match is actually two planeswalkers summoning replications of things they've encountered while planeswalking, right? Are these creatures actually alive, in the traditional sense? Do they have conciousness and qualia and all that good stuff? Do they continue to exist after the match is over? If I summon, say, a Phyrexian Obliterator in Alara, does it continue to walk around and compleat things after the duel is over?
>>
>>54775300

It's part of the history of the card and what makes it unique. The winner of a big tournament getting an actual playable card with them in it is cool as fuck, without the player it's just another card with a nameless character on it. A card with a real actual person on it is special.
>>
>>54775323
That used to be the case, it was the entire premise behind Baron Sengir in Homelands. He'd been summoned there from Dominaria and had no way of leaving, and essentially became an evil overlord by virtue of being vastly more powerful than the rest of the plane.

Later they decided summons were just constructs of mana, except when they weren't. As for whether or not they'd continue existing, who knows at this point? I'm sure Wizards doesn't give a fuck.
>>
holy fucking shit is it ever easy to trigger white people. just call them white and they chimp out
>>
>>54775366
>Wizards doesn't give a fuck.

Yeah, that does seem to sum up the fluff side of the game pretty neatly.
>>
>>54775323
Yeah, I think its pretty interesting too. Like, I'm an idiot and think ontological consistency in mtg is interesting but here we are.

For the mana constructs to be effective, they'd have to basically be their own things and you can get into if androids dream of electric sheep with that, but I've always found it to be a rhetorical question. The simulacra is close enough that it doesn't matter if its not exactly like me, or even that because nothing can be exactly the other.

Gets messier with summoning plansewalkers though. They don't have summoning sickness, so I think its fluffed as they're your ally rather than you also making a copy of some sort.

But either way, if you have any concerns about agency most plansewalkers are doing some sketchy things for most ethics.
>>
>>54775467
>They don't have summoning sickness, so I think its fluffed as they're your ally rather than you also making a copy of some sort.

Yes, thus the "loyalty counters", which makes them limited not by HP but by the patience they have with you. But the whole summoning thing makes very little sense no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>54775467
Technically every permanent has summoning sickness, it's just that it USUALLY doesn't matter since SS only works on creatures
>>
>>54775606
>loyalty counters as representation of their willingness to be there
>get punched and zapped too much
>ditch this loser
makes sense enough to print mythics?
>>
>>54773946
>It's 4chan. That's always an issue.
I honestly don't get it. Why is 4chan made up of time travelers from like 1920?
>>
>>54775680
I know. It is, after all, the current year.
>>
>>54775680
Anonymity tends to make people edgy assholes, because they never have to face consequences for what they say or do. This is pretty basic shit.
>>
File: check out my new mixtape.jpg (56KB, 480x334px) Image search: [Google]
check out my new mixtape.jpg
56KB, 480x334px
>>54767889
It's refreshing to not see a black person in restraints for once.
>>
>>54775323
They do not continue to exist, no. That Obliterator's going to fade away after not too long. They're also less exactly what the creature is like and more the idea of the creature taken form (thus how you can summon things like Eldrazi at all and not also get a shitload of brood with them, because you're creating a construct of just the titan form)
>>54775467
Planeswalkers are indeed you calling up someone up to get some help. The card is less them as it is a representation of whatever favor they owe you that you're cashing in to call on them., and when they run out of loyalty (or get hit with removal) they fuck off rather than die
>>
File: Chart-Tiff-copy.png (431KB, 2080x820px)
Chart-Tiff-copy.png
431KB, 2080x820px
>>54775742
>>
>>54767900
Skrillex?
>>
File: 1483744531803.png (668KB, 871x873px)
1483744531803.png
668KB, 871x873px
So beautiful.
So brave.
>>
>>54775812
Jesus christ, that top woman is some Oblivion character creator nonsense
>>
File: 30 years.png (870KB, 990x743px)
30 years.png
870KB, 990x743px
>>54775914
There are billions more!
>>
File: 4fc.jpg (40KB, 680x346px)
4fc.jpg
40KB, 680x346px
>>54775693
>huuuurrrr *BRRRAAAAPP*
Cogent and insightful point.

>>54775696
>Anonymity tends to make people edgy assholes,
True, in fact this classic is the first thing that came into my head upon reading that.

>>54775742
>>54775902
Two more examples of the above.
>>
>>54775902
>scientifically proven
>IQ

Keep it up, you're pretty funny. I'd love to hear about the scientific journals you subscribe to next.
>>
>>54775933
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: Systemic_Racism.jpg (66KB, 599x733px)
Systemic_Racism.jpg
66KB, 599x733px
>>
>>54775955
>>54775933
Damn, those are some solid arguments.
>>
>>54775902
>/pol/ always complaining about people calling out /pol/
>when anon like >>54774694 post and aren't immediately told to fuck off the image dumps begin because retards think they are in "they can be redpilled!" mode
>/pol/ wonders why everyone tells them to fuck off instead of engaging them
>>
>>54775955
Ignorant pleb.
Psychometrics is extremely well-developed and validated.
Or are you one of those 110 IQ "enlightened skeptical centrists" who thinks intelligence is learnable?
>>
File: AI racism.png (368KB, 639x597px)
AI racism.png
368KB, 639x597px
>AI is great at pattern recognition
>instantly becomes racist
>Oy vey! Shut it down!
>>
>>54775992
I'm that guy you quoted, but I'm not the one dumping images. Could you please elaborate a bit on how raising concerns about Innistrad's internal consistency as a fantasy setting makes me a nazi?
>>
>>54776059
>Could you please elaborate a bit on how raising concerns about Innistrad's internal consistency as a fantasy setting makes me a nazi?
Not you personally, but /pol/ sees that someone hold politically incorrect views and that others are engaging that person in a civil manner and see it as a green light to start dumping "red pills" in an attempt to "convert" the people who were being civil.
>>
>>54776059
DON'T. ENGAGE. WITH. THE. TROLLS.
>>
>>54776100
But that's not what happened at all. The dumps began because somebody used a "it is no longer a certain year" argument.
>>
File: 1502151121094.gif (2MB, 480x270px)
1502151121094.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>54774359
That plays a huge role, I see the new commander set I need like 10 cards from or a new tank, I see a pre release that might get me something good or a platoon of troops. On top of that once I hit 3000 points I am done building an army, were as every new set and I spending 30- 50 bucks on singles to update all my decks.
>>
>>54769512
>How many of you can name Terry Soh's invitational
I want to say, Rakdos... Augermage?

Anyway, that card did see play in at least one BR Aggro deck at the time in Standard. And anyway, it was WotC who were in charge of balancing the cards and who generally tried to push them because they wanted the invitational cards to feel special.
>>
>>54771839
On the other hand Kai Budde got two different arts featuring him, and in one of them he wears a giant diaper.
>>
what fucking terrible art
>>
>>54773972
And that's why it was the best lore. No pandering to minorities.

But it sold so little that since them they have made half of the new creatures human.
>>
>>54775932
Why is this the one race where so many mixed children look hideous? Half-Asian half-white people are all gorgeous. Half-Arab or Levantine and half-white people are also incredibly attractive usually. What went wrong here?
>>
>>54767810
Good. Fuck Tiago.
>>
>>54773855
I could get behind knight tribal.
>>
>>54776052
There was a machine-learning facial recognition software that began to tag gorillas as Africans. Apparently there are some multi-point facial symmetry similarities...
>>
>Not want the card bearing your likeness to be format or at least deck defining

What the fuck is wrong with you people.
>>
>>54767745
He's moving like he's ready to slam jam.
>>
>>54777066
Look at the outlying factor. Nigger.
>>
>>54767745
>Shaqcaster Mage
>SHIEEEETcaster Mage
>*tongue clicks*
>Sicklecell Mage
>Sniggercaster Mage
>Snapcaster Martin
>Welfarecaster
>Crackslangin Mage
>Frycaster Mage
>>
>>54772008
oh jesus that's horrendous
>>
>>54777572
I'd think it wasn't a real card if I hadn't actually seen it.
>>
>>54774020
I mean that 3rd guy is posting a /pol/ opinion and is using ALL CAPS point so...

don't be retarded?
>>
>>54774222
does it count as disabled if you intentionally replace yourself with robot parts?
>>
>>54772339
Detroit?
>>
>>54777724
Trans-whatever
I may have mental issues, but not that kind
>>
>>54775742
something seems off in that image, why is the correlation so much higher in the black and hispanic chart despite the lines of correlation being more similar than that, the race chart is looking at data at a higher scale on the x axis but the same on the y axis so of course it's going to go higher.

And what's with that weird white stuff around the violent crimes per 100,000 titles? it's like someone covered something in tippex
>>
>>54777753
no I mean tezzeret's lfrom esper, don't they often replace their bodies with etherium over time? hence why most things there are artifact creatures. They see it as an upgrade not a disability.
>>
>>54778046
So do a lot of trans people. But wanting to lop off parts of yourself is a disability in all but the most extreme circumstances
>>
If black people trigger you stay away from Earth. Black people evolved there... and all other people's ancestors there were once black. Its like a ...black planet! The horror, the horror...
>>
>>54769420
Is the land really worse that Nimble Obstructionist? Nimble Is more narrow but also draws a card. If his 2UU discard and counter land was discard and counter a non-creature spell would it be fine then? What if it had he same text as Nimble?
>>
>>54778240
It's overpowered cause it's a counterspell that doesn't take up spell slots. In the early game it's a land, that takes up a land slot in your deck and produces mana, late and midgame it's either an extra land or a counterspell, and you still have ~37 slots in your deck for spells or whatever you want
>>
>>54773805
shhh, you'll trigger the shitposters
>>
>>54773855
Actually, I thought I remembered Maro saying that it was slated for 2018, either the set after Dominaria: Cash in Edition, or the set after that.

But then I "remembered" Maro saying Egypt wouldn't get god cards so I'm just a fucking retard.
>>
>>54778260
Surely that's an argument for every utility land. Scavenger Ground? OP slot you don't need for graveyard hate. Ramnaup Ruins? OP slot you don't need for burn spells. Man Lands? OP slot you don't need for creatures.

What makes those fine (and none of the examples require discarding them so you can play early and cash in late) but a counter land OP?
>>
>>54774881
Because the dude who designed her thought the name sounded cool and had a fetish for pale redheads.
>>
>>54767745
Why is the Ur-Autist suddenly black?

Why does it keep happening?
>>
>>54777066
Well, negroid facial features aren't usually everyone's favorite part of black people, you know, they're even less favoured when they're on someone else
>>
>>54778415
Counterspells seriously trigger people.
>>
>>54777695
>what is irony and why autism stops me from seeing it
>>
>>54774377
>jace sends her a telepathic message
>"show bobs and vegana"
>>
>>54773993
>Where's the Female Circumcision card? One black, "destroy target Samut planeswalker".

you targeted race-agenda with your words, but you smashed my sides
>>
>>54776036
Children who receive sufficient mental stimulation end up with a higher IQ than understimulated ones.
>>
>>54772113
The artist has 2 cards with black people on them and 1 with a white guy in stocks. They've done 36 cards so there's really nothing here. Just 4chan seeing patterns where none exist again.
>>
File: 18059.jpg (59KB, 389x312px)
18059.jpg
59KB, 389x312px
>>54769434
Changing invitational art always bothers me a bit. Shit's a little bit of history, even if some of them are cunts.

What they did with voidmage prodigy was cool, though.
>>
>>54767745
>*flashbacks Time Warp*

das rite whiteboi
>>
>>54775742
>>54775983

Why am I not surprised that /pol/tards are posting infographs about niggers in a Magic the Gathering thread on /tg/
>>
>>54767882
I don't get it. What's wrong with this one?
>>
>>54778581
Not who you're responding to, but if you can't understand how your statement can be true while still not addressing the IQ gap between blacks and other races, than u need 2 go back too brain school
>>
>>54774020
>Why is it always the hyoomans who seem the most angry? Furries calmly post about sucking dog dick and are met by screeching.
>>
>>54767745
Awesome art!
>>
>>54778470

Why can't more black guys look like Don Cheadle?

Come to that, why can't more white guys look like Tim Allen?
>>
>>54781778
That's your ideal white guy? Tim Allen?
>>
x
>>
>>54768819

What percentage of the Magic player base love this new Planeswalker? 2%?

How many black kids started playing because she exists? 3?

Was it worth it?
>>
>>54772623

Theros was Fantasy Africa I think.
>>
Handicapped plane when!?
>>
>>54782161
Kamigawa was pretty handicapped, anon. As was Theros after THS.
>>
>>54782111
Nobody cares about Kaya because the card is mostly-unplayable trash.

If they print a Kaya that doesn't suck ass, then we'll see.
>>
>>54774554
Dwarves are evolved to suck cocks of their black bull masters. Since they stand in the black man's shadow their whole life, natural selection favored pale skin colors.
>>
>>54773880
After the set came out, he wrote a blog about how it was not Indian enough, and that Wizards let him down. And compares it to a story where he lost out on getting a box of Vault 20 to a crippled girl in a wheelchair.

>But this weekend, for the first time, made me FEEL that magic didn't love me, and that fucking hurts. It hurts so much.

After that Maro and WotC was fast to suck his dick again to keep him happy.

>mfw
>>
>>54768819
>You care this much

Congratulations, you have justified wotc desicision to hire this woman
>>
>>54782298
Why is it so hard to have a TCG or RPG that isn't infested with progressive cuckoldry?
>>
>>54782111
Chicago player here, I visit about 6 different LGS all the time, all this pandering and black boys still only play Yu-Gi-Oh! Cause they like the game and those anime titties. I mean I see more white women play, but they just invest like 50 bucks max into the game, lose interest and quit.
>>
>>54771436
Because you actually might be a racist if you see a black man running and call him a pursesnatcher
>>
>>54782356
Well at least we have Kingdom of Death and Warhammer.

But this SJW infection only happens cause the creators allow it to happen.
>>
>>54778077
What if you don't want to die and it's a step towards immortality?
>>
>>54782427
And Infinity. My God, do we still have Infinity.
>>
>>54782427
>>54782356
Jesus christ, I agree with you guys and even I think you two sound like paranoid faggots.
>>
>>54782427
You mean customers. Customers allow it to happen.
>>
>>54782576
Customers don't make the product, they only endorse it. The customers can eventually stop it, but they have no control over weither it starts or not.
>>
>>54768491
Yeah, looks more like a black card
>>
>>54768498
leave this hobby now cuck
>>
>>54773862
Well of course she is meddling, she is black after all...
>>
>>54784003
Meddling is really more of something that Jewish women do, rather than black.

t. Jewish man.
>>
>>54784102
Ah, you are right mr steinberg, I'll get back to wagecucking for ya!
>>
>>54785709
Thanks anon, I appreciate it.

If you actually believe for a second that Jews look out for other Jews, then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>54782377
I don't think they're trying to get blacks and women into the game. I think they're trying to appease certain white male cucks, and that's probably not a terrible strategy, since people who don't like identity politics don't really give a shit about the artwork anyway.
>>
File: 1497290319106.jpg (207KB, 800x1149px)
1497290319106.jpg
207KB, 800x1149px
This thread was not as bad as it could've been.
Then again the janitors did get rid of the derailers.

Now for my opinions.

While I find the idea of pushing diversity in a weak attempt to expand consumer base when not only does it appear to be nothing more than trend-following and wasting time with a group (openly progressive whites) that doesn't give much financial support to whomever caters to them, I am not really bothered with having black people in Not!Germany (Grizzled Outcasts existed, anyways) or white people in Not!India. I actually want to see more non-whites and ginger characters designed, but they have to be designed well, or at least for the sake of art rather than the sake of being trendy with the kids on tumblr. What they are doing right now doesn't bother me anyways, but if they start pandering (i.e. glorifying one group and/or demonizing another group), I'm going to have a problem with that.

tl;dr Diversity should be for the sake of flexing artistic talent and a desire to appreciate a culture or theme, not to follow moralist trends, but the current cynical implementation of diversity isn't worth making a lot of fuss about yet.
>>
WE
WUZ
KANGS
>>
>>54774536
>>54774476

Yeah Chandra being the one white kid on a plane of nothing but India was actually super weird, did they ever address that at all?
>>
>>54790703
Isn't Quicksmith Genius and Kiran Nalaar white? I like the former's expression on the card.
Whirler Rogue and Thopter Engineer from Magic Origins look black, at least the latter. Not sure if there are Indians with curly hair.
Kaladesh was described as an ethnically diverse plane, but it seemed like the majority race of humans, elves, and dwarves are Indian-ish. Vedalkens are all polydactyl and aetherborn are just sexless aetherpeople.
>>
>>54791041
>Quicksmith Genius
Eh. Kinda? He looked mixed. And his art is terrible.

The best example of Kaladesh's diversity is Consul's Lieutenant from Origins.
>>
>>54767745
I think this art looks cool
>>
>>54773227
Hey this is a SFW board
>>
>>HEY ANONS, WHAT WAS FANTASY AFRICA?
>>54772662
>>54774835
>Jamuraa
Thats the !NotArabInvasion of the middle east, it was even quoted about it back in 97.

>>54782126
>Theros
Thats almost the entire classical world, you got !notatens, !notegypts, !notminoans, !notdeetrai, !notpersian and quite a few others.
>>
>>54767810
ken jeong plays magic?
>>
>>54767745
It's more pandering to shut minorities and guilt-ridden millennials, but I still prefer it to the original. I know it's based on how an actual guy looks but it was fucking creepy and off putting. That motherfucker looked weird.
>>
>>54791041
And quicksmith spy is asian.
>>
Kaladesh could have been cool if it had been more Indian less "steampunk without the steam or the punk"

Amonkhet's theme wasn't too bad though.

Anyway fuck all that shit time for pirates and dinosaurs NOONE can get offended by that! (as long as they are multicultural pirates, no all black crews though please we don't want Somalia jokes)

Probably a good, if boring, move by wotc.
>>
>>54769420
Snapcaster should have cost RU, as it stands it's too flexible.
>>
>>54796032
>NOONE can get offended by that!
Still mad they use dinosaurs as a naya tribe when they could have been beast, a tribe that didn't recieve any support for years. Same with pirates instead of rogues.
>>
>>54796949

Sorry that should have been "noone who cares about the diversity checklist can get mad".

Anyone who actually cares about MTG having interesting worlds and stuff is still fucked.
>>
This is the 310th reply.
>>
>>54796949
Beast is a horrible type because it's the loldunno type
Is it big, nonsapient, quadrupedal, and not an extant earth animal that an elementary school kid would know about? BEAST!
>>
>>54774881
India actually has other native ethnicities in it, you know. They aren't literally all brown or foreign.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.