[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is it, boys. I'm hanging up my dice bag. Roleplaying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 57273494_f58692eb2c_b.jpg (547KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
57273494_f58692eb2c_b.jpg
547KB, 1024x683px
This is it, boys. I'm hanging up my dice bag. Roleplaying is increasingly feeling more like a chore than a hobby, even more so when I am the one in the GM's seat. I've always liked running more than playing, and that's hard when you're forced to realize that you were never really that good at GMing to begin with. Whatever GMing skills I had have rotted away after so much time away from the table, and it's becoming more and more obvious every time I go back only to be disappointed by myself again and again. I've always been so afraid of railroading that my games ended up with no direction and no momentum, but the worst thing is I keep making the same mistakes. As a player, I'll always be a backseat GM whether I want to or not; even if I stay silent out of respect for the actual GM, my ego will whisper sweet lies to me about how I could run the game better, draining every bit of my fun while I know that, in reality, I couldn't even begin hack it. It's not fun anymore. It's time for me to move on.

Catch you on the flip side, fa/tg/uys. Stay awesome.
>>
See you tomorrow.
>>
>>54764471
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
>>
>>54764471
Dude, take a pill. Just go outside and take a break from it. Have you tried playing a different game?
>>
>It's a GM has a dramatic episode but you have to indulge him because he's the only one in your area
>>
>>54764471
Play a new rpg
>>
>>54764471
I know some of that feel. I always enjoyed running games - I taught myself and everyone I knew how to play, so for a long time I was the designated DM. Eventually we got another guy who was interested in DMing, so I let him do that. This was also around the time I got a real job. Since I no longer had prep time during the weekdays, I ceded DMig more or less entirely to him. Since he has nothing but free time, he always does tons of prep, way more than I did ever.

Now I'm missing the fun of DMing, but I know I don't have the time (or at least the energy, after a long day of work) to really prep stuff. And while I'm fine with a more improvised, short sighted style, I know one of our players hates one shots, which is realistically the only thing I would be able to run.
>>
Now you move from being GM to coding your own RPG. All the world building with none of that filthy direct human interaction.
>>
File: 194344.jpg (724KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
194344.jpg
724KB, 900x1350px
>>54766882
Sounds like you need to play one of those RPGs that come out like weekly episodes. Mutant: Year Zero and Apocalypse World are great for that.
>>
>>54764471
>As a player, I'll always be a backseat GM whether I want to or not; even if I stay silent out of respect for the actual GM, my ego will whisper sweet lies to me about how I could run the game better, draining every bit of my fun
Yep I know that feel.
>>
>>54769910
Who hasn't to be honest? I originally got into being a GM because the one I had to deal with wouldn't have any house rules, even when they were really needed.
>>
>>54764471
you are terrible person actually how do you look in the mirror in the moring weakfag ?
>>
>>54770144
>how do you look in the mirror in the moring weakfag ?

He probably pictures you standing next to him and thinks to himself "Thank God I'm not that ass-wipe."
>>
>>54766647
>Not stepping up to the GMing plate.

C'mon dude.
>>
>>54764471
Cool. Can I have your stuff?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.