[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lives in mountains, build mountain cities, are short and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

>Lives in mountains, build mountain cities, are short and hardy

Shouldn't Dwarves be more like the Incans or Tibetans culturally and aesthetically?
>>
>>54762964
I think when they were created it was less of what made sense and more of what didn't make sense actually. Think about how unique and interesting the idea first was.

/tg/ loves being all "what if we had a race if Spaniards but underwater" throwing one culture into a race and placing it in a location it wouldn't normally be
>>
>>54763121
And that's why the "epic" worldbuilding threads always turn out to be incoherent shlock, because /tg/ mistakes quirky and zany for good writing
>>
>>54762964
>>54763121
>>54763236
>Why Doesn't X fantasy race complete ape this IRL race completely?
Never write anything ever please.
>>
>>54762964
Not necessarily.

Now stop asking 'should'-questions about fictional concepts, because the answer will never change.

If you're just looking to discuss something, phrase a better conversation starter than a stupid question.
>>
>>54763638
Bruh, do you even coherent speech?
>>
>>54762964
Or nepalese. Or scottish; they live in the mountains with a reputation for being short and hardy.
>>
>>54762964
Mine have some elements of them
>>
>>54762964
>>54763121
>>54763236
Umm, no? Because Dwarves are based on mythology?

Wouldn't make much sense to make them more like Tibetans when that has nothing to do with what Dwarves were/are.
>>
>>54767379
/second
this is the only sane post here
everything from 'generic' fantasy is derivated from european mythology (or from Tolkien who derived his fiction from european mythology)
some developers like some other mythologies/cultures and work around them (as an aside, I have been told by legit japanophiles that Lot5R is wapanese garbage so loosely based in japanese mythology and culture it can only be called diarrhea cuz it's too loose to be regular shit) but generic fantasy is mostly european, with the success of the Witcher vidya eastern european developer have started to market their folklore in entertainment a bit more
>>
File: Gurkha.jpg (74KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
Gurkha.jpg
74KB, 500x538px
>>54763939
>nepalese
I'm not so huge on the being wacky and contrarian for the sake of it when it comes to making fantasy race cultures, but dwarven Sherpas and Gurkhas could be pretty cool.

Maybe they'd have yaks and temples carved high in the mountains and shit.
>>
File: Dwarfs are slavs.jpg (68KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarfs are slavs.jpg
68KB, 480x361px
>>54762964
Neither, but both have useful traits derived from being mountain civilizations. For example, incans have earthquake-resistant buildings while if one removes the oriental-styled roof, tibetan monasteries/fortresses become quite boxy. But incans had an exotic economy without gold, while tibetans don't have any particular aptitude to mining and metallurgy.

Pic related also could apply.

A chinese also compared his culture to dwarfs:
>money-hungry, industrious, utilitarian, have good business-mind, socially quite rigid and traditionalist/conservative, age equal experience equal authority thing, and they treat their hair like a dwarf treat his beard.
>fortress-like chinese ships using of paddlewheels which can be armored while oars can't.

Finally, the answer could also be all of them, because dwarfs can be different from one another if you allow it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.