[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Anon you're too soft when you DM, don't be afraid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: naouta.png (581KB, 888x876px) Image search: [Google]
naouta.png
581KB, 888x876px
>Anon you're too soft when you DM, don't be afraid to tell us no!
>What do you mean core races only?
>>
>Yo what races do you want to play as?
>'Humans'
>Alright

WHAT THE FUCK, FUCK??
>>
>>54761849
They probably mean to say no on a micro level. So instead of restricting them to core races they probably meant something along the lines of "Can I scale this cliff?" "No it's too steep". Either that or actually have a backbone and stick with your decision. Nobody respects a doormat.
>>
>>54761896
Unless the doormat is filled with TNT
>>
File: makis-suspicious-face.jpg (21KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
makis-suspicious-face.jpg
21KB, 640x360px
>mfw new group is only using standard races
>and standard classes
>and is following plot hooks
All my years as a DM have never prepared me for something so vanilla. They must be planning something.
>>
>>54761896
What is most frustrating is even when I try and tell them no on the small things, but they argue about for 15 minutes either why. Like when my players made a big stink and annoyed me into changing the established time of year in game from late winter to early fall.
>>
>>54761932
I search for traps.
I disable traps.
But more importantly...
You just gave me TNT to disrespect the rest of his dungeon.
>>
>>54761957
People who are used to being abused generally self-destruct when placed in a situation where they aren't being abused.
>>
>>54761849
>"Anon, we're tired of being railroaded, we want more decisions on what we're doing."
"Ok"
>Give them two options on what they could do.
>Blank stares, if this were a tv show there's be crickets in the background.

I like my group, but they can be a pain in the ass sometimes. They'll whine about me giving them too much direction, then spend literally hours staring at me with glazed over looks on their faces the second they have to make any choices themselves.

This leads to me throwing out a few suggestions so we're not spending all day doing this, them leaping on the first suggestion I throw out without considering any of the others, and then back to whining that I'm driving them on my railroads.
>>
>>54761849
Well most core races are usually boring. Most people have played them already.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.