[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the game with your favorite magic system in it and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What is the game with your favorite magic system in it and why?

also asking if there is a game where magic is an option open for everybody and you can enter "circle of magic level one" for example
>>
TFT. If you're a non wizard, it'll cost extra intelligence space, but you can learn spells. It's all just very tight and focused, with little overlap.
>>
>>54758355

My favorite system, in theory, is Mage: the Ascension 2nd edition. In practice it never works right, but if it did it would be glorious.

My favorite semi-workable is Mongoose Games' 3.PF supplement "Chaos Magic: Wild Sorcery." It's unfinished but it works well enough if everyone's on the same team. And let's be honest anything 3.PF is going to be miserable if everyone's not on the same team.

My favorite to actually use at the table is 5e. It's got enough heft to be interesting while still running smoothly.
>>
>>54759104
The fantasy trip? do you play it?
>>
amber drpg, because you can just do whatever you want with sorcery, and at the same time it is totally incapable of fucking over other players.
>>
Anima or gurps
>>
>>54758355
The Runed Age, because I love me some runic magic and the system allows you to create your own spells.
>>
What's the best classless, level-less system that uses magic (or individual spells) as skills?
>>
>>54760773
see
>>54760760
>>
>>54760773
GIRPS does that pretty well.
>>
>>54758355
I want to play or run all mages game at some point, but so far hadn't had the room for it. If I did it would most likely be Mage the Awakening or Unknown Armies.

For my D&D I'm content with musings on Vancian magic. I like it best when there's less spells and while they retain their specifity, they also have a broad application. Basically, Wonder & Wickedness supplement.

I enjoy 5e's spell slots scaling and versatility, but the spells themselves and rest mechanics assume combat-heavy, encounter-based D&D which I like, it's just not my go-to. Suits my players best though.

I would love to use separate kinds of magic like in Runequest but it'll be daunting for my players to learn a new system and totally new approach. Especially since only me and the other guy in the group know english well enough.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.