[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1661: Thunder and Lightning Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 482
Thread images: 65

File: 1442013359136.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Discord
https://discord.gg/wDQVYng

>Last Thread
>>54745964
>>
>>54756526
Doing some incredibly rough and probably inaccurate, by the estimated heat death of the universe, your Inner World could be up to 5.5e105 sq. miles. No idea how big that even is.
>>
This just in. America has a goddess, and her name is Colombia.

Also, Paul Bunyan was born from using a Holy Grail to mix udon dough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6s3qlk/all_the_statesmen_section_4_summary/
>>
We need a Back to the Future jump, so we can get a perk that lets us take the credit for the accomplishments of black people.
>>
File: MS Paint Future World.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
MS Paint Future World.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
Here's a jump I made a long time ago to practice making jumps.

It's sorta made in MS paint so don't expect it to be a work of art or anything.
>>
>>54756958
Do the writers of grand order even care anymore?
>>
>>54757003
>dies of laughter
>>
>>54757007
Paul Bunyan is from a literal comedy manga not anything serious.
>>
>>54757005
looks cute and endearing, upload it to the drive
>>
File: 5761169-jin+tae-jin.jpg (101KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
5761169-jin+tae-jin.jpg
101KB, 639x639px
Kinda curious but, how was your time in Luther Strode and which origin were you?
>>
>>54757122
>>54757005
Hold your horses, that's more like a CYOA than a jump. It's not even based on a genre.

There's nothing wrong with it, but it belongs in CYOA gen not here.
>>
>>54757003
That's a /pol/ jump you're thinking of there m8
>>
>>54757005
I'm not sure why it's a jump instead of a general CYOA but I like it. The Parcel of Isocloces is really nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (7MB, 2466x3461px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7MB, 2466x3461px
>>54756958
>America has a goddess, and her name is Colombia
Yeah. You didn't know that?
Columbia was Uncle Sam before Uncle Sam a thing. Also, she was a cute
>>
>>54757221
I think he means in Fate/
>>
>>54757005
>Unrealm Warp
No. Do not put in options that change basic assumptions about the entire chain.

You're obviously from CYOA gen but that's not okay.
>>
>>54757005
This...is a good CYOA but a really bad jump. It's missing a lot or does a lot that's not good for Jumps but fits for CYOAs.
>>
>>54757301
Dude it's an option to make your Warehouse bigger and some fluff. Don't like it, don't get it. SOP.
>>
>>54757086
Ah, okay. Didn't read the Reddit post.
>>
>>54757474
Yeah no, there aren't any other purchases that make your Warehouse bigger, As in, total storage size as opposed to attachments or making it bigger on your own initiative.
>>
>>54757474
I'm not seeing how directly altering the warehouse is any better? And since when has an option replacing the benefactor been okay?

If you don't want to work within the same guidelines as everyone else, don't use jumpchain.
>>
>>54757474
Then he can make different fluff, if it's that unimportant.
>>
>>54757505
Sims 3, Basement.
>>
>>54757531
>attachments
>>
>>54757561
Nope. It's flat-out a second level to the Warehouse. Described as such, no other bullshit.
>>
>>54757005
>No real perk or item trees, just random discounts
>Options all out of order
>Options that are more meta than anything I've seen in a long time
>Benefactor changing option
>Mystery boxes, seriously?
Is this even based on something specific? You've got a bunch of issues here.
>>
>>54757005
>Mystery boxes
>My benefactor is better than yours shit
>Dumb hidden messages that give free CP
>>
>>54757571
>attachments.
It's not changing the warehouse any more than anything else that adds another room to the warehouse. This option is not doing that. This option is both increasing the warehouse's size flat out and replacing the benefactor. Neither is okay.
>>
>>54757583
>>Dumb hidden messages that give free CP
nigga wut

this has to be a troll
>>
>>54757571
The Warehouse already has shelving space as an option. See also >>54757583, I'd say it's also completely OC but to be fair so are Imaginary Friend and Generic Parenting
>>
>>54757505
See >>54757531

>>54757512
Uh dude we have the Universal Drawback and Alt-Chain Builder now.
>>
>>54757603
I've seen this jump on Reddit long before now so I'm pretty sure they legitimately don't know why this stuff is questionable.
>>
>>54757622
I don't remember either of those becoming part of the drive rather than widely used supplements
>>
>>54757505
>Yeah no, there aren't any other purchases that make your Warehouse bigger
So... inter-jump balance? What's the issue with making the Warehouse bigger? Also, Ar Tonelico has one.
>>
>>54757631
>on reddit

There's your problem! That place is a horrible shithole that ought not to exist.
>>
>>54757622
Neither of those are official? Jesus, this is why we said don't put it on the drive.

Those are just someone's house rules they've shared. They're not to be considered anymore than a supplement that gives you infinite CP.
>>
>>54757622
Using fanmade house rule supplements to justify decisions made in jumps is really, really dumb.
>>
>>54757595
Basement Dweller
Discount: Student, Townie

Provides your home and warehouse with a floor under the ground floor. Unlocks basements for Build Mode.

>>54757641
>>54757658
Check the Drive, Supplements folder. They're there.
>>
>>54757622
>Universal Drawback and Alt-Chain Builder now.
Neither of which are on the drive.
>>
>>54757641
They're literally on the drive right now.
>>
>>54757658
Both are in the Supplements folder, boyo. Same as these things like Housing System or Space Dock.

Face it. JumpChain's always changing. You just don't like change.
>>
>>54757671
>>54757675
They are in the supplements folder I'm looking at them currently.
>>
>>54757651
>says person on even worse shithole
>>
>>54757005
Yeah, I'm just putting my vote out there: I think you put a lot of creativity and thought into this, but I don't think it belongs on this drive because you made up an entire setting wholesale for it. For what it's worth, I think once you remove all mention of jumpchain it would make a very fine CYOA.
>>
>>54757673
Again, so what? There's a supplement for giving you infinite companions, that doesn't mean canon companion options should be given for free.

I honestly can't believe the people that said putting those two things on the drive would result in this were right. You're using them to try and justify decisions made in actual jumps. Optional rules to decide non optional jump stuff.
>>
>>54757671
>Using fanmade house rule supplements to justify decisions made in jumps

Every jump is a "fanmade house rule supplement."
>>
>>54757005
It's inventive, but not a Jump. I would be interested in seeing what you could do following the actual Jump format.
>>
>>54757695
If you seriously think that I have no idea what kind of standards of quality you have, or how you manage to live while having them. Yes, these threads are horrible. But the jumpchain subreddit is such a horrific, barren waste, utterly bereft of any redeeming features, that there mere comparison is offensive.
>>
Wow, SB causing yet another argument because of what they made. Lo and behold, it's about trying to use their stuff to justify rule changes.
>>
>>54757703
Calm down man. It's clearly not a Jump. This isn't going anywhere serious. Even if someone uploads it, Brutus is gonna look at it and laugh.
>>
>>54757697
We already have a few different original setting jumps on the drive. This CYOA doesn't belong on the drive, but for reasons totally unrelated to its original setting.
>>
>>54757731
Fuck off already.
>>
>>54757190
He's talking about the part in BttF where the white dude inspires Johnny Be Good.
>>
>>54757731
Quit piggybacking you idiot. That's not what this is all about.
>>
>>54757005
Have you made any jumps before?
>>
>>54757754
Except that's what people are doing. Using the UDS as evidence for why things should be allowed in jumps.
>>
>>54756921
If you could only use magic from a single Jump, which would it be?

Hard Mode: You have to pick that Jump as your starting Jump.
>>
File: IMG_0815.jpg (38KB, 1479x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0815.jpg
38KB, 1479x552px
>>54757603
In case you missed it.
>>
>>54757780
That's dumb. That's the dumbest dumb thing. God damn that's so dumb my head started hurting.
>>
>>54757776
Answer is the same for both, but it's cheap. The Gamer.
>>
Hey, I'd just like to clarify that this is a thing I just popped open the paint program and made to practice the jumpchain format almost a year ago. I am aware that it's not worthy of being on the drive by any measure, there are many errors and incosistencies with the standard jump format (as at the point I made this, I hadn't even found the jump creation guide yet, I just sorta looked at a couple existing jumps).

The reason I made it in the first place is because I didn't want the first jump I made to be an actual setting I knew and enjoyed, because I knew my first attempt would be trash. Legitimately sorry for the confusion.
>>
>>54757769
That's what one idiot is suggesting. No one else is. Just relax. It's a moot point and a moot argument.
>>
>>54757719
1. I was talking about the sites as a whole
2. Yes, I do believe this place is worse. The only quality other sites give a shit about for Jumpchain is the only one that matters: whether or not it's fun. This place is 60% vitriol, 10% jumpmaking, and the other 30% is a mix between random garbage and people actually having fun, of which the percentage fluctuates throughout the week
>>
>>54757776
Umineko if spiritual arts and ki are still OK. Probably one of the Exalted jumps otherwise. Maybe DC Occult? I imagine the Dimension Lord dimension would be blocked off if I couldn't get any kind of magic from there.
>>
>>54757803
...why did you POST IT THEN?
>>
>>54757803
No harm no foul man, it proves you got imaging chops. Not your fault it got thrown into the argument bonfire.
>>
Whats a modern-ish setting where i can just kick back and relax?
>>
>>54757776
Hero BBS for both.
>>
>>54757815
Except Reddit has shit quality. What does it matter if it only cares about quality if the quality it gets to care about is shit anyway?

Its also basically a near dead community.
>>
>>54757803
It's fine. It's not your fault, the only reason theres an argument at all is because me and others weren't sure if it was meant for the drive or not. For what it's worth, like I said I do think it would make a decent CYOA.
>>
>>54757829
That was not meant to be capitals, that's just my broken ass computer.
>>
>>54757769
How did that shit reach drive in the first place? Was out when it happened and it really reads like an attempt to slap easy drawbacks onto every jump so you don't actually have to take bad ones in your build. It's pretty much a lot of SB style "Challenges" that give you free CP forever in exchange for trivial problems.
>>
>>54757829
I imagine he might have wanted to know what people's specific grievances would be? Lurking moar, as usual, would do the same but there's stuff that isn't immediately obvious from reading the rules.
>>
>>54757838
K-On.
Youtube, if you consider that sort of stuff relaxing.
Wii Sports Resort.
>>
>>54757776
Umineko, DC, or Marvel.
>>
File: 1501886877907.jpg (77KB, 606x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501886877907.jpg
77KB, 606x1024px
>>54757776
Forgotten Realms. But that's an obvious and boring answer.

Hard Mode: Gravity Falls. Yes, I'm quite serious. The magic there has some serious possibilities if you can dig up the secrets of it.
>>
>>54757851
It may be a bunch of easy-mode bullshit, but it's written fairly well, by an established name, and in the format of a supplement that people can completely ignore if they want to.

So, what's the problem?
>>
>>54756958
>he doesn't know about Columbia
[muffled Columbia, Gem of the Ocean playing in the distance]
>>
>>54757841
Mate, you're not understanding. The only quality there is is fun, which the jc thread is usually lacking. The thread doesn't have it. The IRC has it, the Discord has it, Reddit has it, probably SB too but I don't go there. This place is a drain on people, their creativity, and their willingness to deal with this shit on a daily basis.
>>
>>54757906
See >>54757244

I shoulda added something about Fate/. My bad.
>>
>>54757829
Believe it or not, the obscure Laws and Ordinances of Traditional Jumpchain Conduct are hard to memorise. It sounds like he just thought it would be a cool nostalgic thing to show 'n tell, and forgot about our collective autism.

>>54757851
I'm guessing it has something to do with most people not paying much attention to supplements in the first place. People get careless, and tired of 24/7 cigillance upon the drive. Now personally, I loathe the OC that is Kamidachi in Hero Academy Bulletin Board and the fatfuck who apparently whined at his IRL jumpmaker friend to make it happen woth every fiber of my being. But I wasn't there when it got posted, and here we are.
>>
>>54757910
Preach it, motherfucker.
>>
>>54757776
Anima Beyond Fantasy, shit can do alot, with Mega Therion one could create planets.

Hardemode: Geneforge probably, lets me create minions and shaping has lots of potential when combined with a lot of time.
>>
>>54757910
My impression of the subreddit is that the only quality they care about is whether or not it's been converted into a bunch of jpegs and uploaded on imgur. What gives you the impression they care about fun? The single-digit number of posts on each submission, most of which are completely generic thanks or links to a blog?
>>
>>54757895
Oh, I had missed it was written by SJ Chan. Which really makes it worse considering she's an "established name" in the same way Adarx or Blackshadow are. Seriously guys, what the fuck?
>>
>>54757776
>Easymode: Hero BBS
>Hard Mode: Harry Potter
>>
>>54757895
I was going to reluctantly acknowledge the suppleement point at least, but then I realised you were talking about SJ. Who is one of my least favorite jumpmakers.
>>
>>54757928
>the fatfuck who apparently whined at his IRL jumpmaker friend to make it happen woth every fiber of my being
That would be the anons in this thread, who encouraged the jumpmaker to put them in. His friend (rightfully) told him it was a shit idea.
>>
>>54757940
Okay, so the answer is that there is no actual problem and that you're human garbage who shouldn't be allowed to post here.

Thank you.
>>
File: msty.gif (1MB, 443x250px) Image search: [Google]
msty.gif
1MB, 443x250px
>>54757910
Posting with my name's just going to cause even more drama, but. Anon?

Hear. Fukken'. Hear.
>>
>>54757967
Oh. Sorry fatfuck, I misjudged you all along.

Wel, fuck all of you then. That thing is the equivalent of putting Sonichu in an actual Sonic jump.
>>
We got anything besides Monster Cat to give us more souls?
>>
>>54757910
Man, I want that as the first post in every thread until people realize this place is supposed to be fun and enjoyable instead of a fucking salt farm.
>>
>>54757910
>>54758026
It's a lot easier to enjoy when you learn to stop biting bait and feeding shit posters. Plenty of the things people think helps only fuel the fires to their own pain, like the whole Timmy thing.

Ignore shit posters or don't whine when they ruin things for you.
>>
>>54758026
The shitposter would probably thi "fun" is a jumpmaker and try to pretend Fun either comes from SB, or should go there
>>
>>54757970
You mean aside from it actively encouraging jumpmakers to not give a shit about drawback design, being a hot mess of free CP and bad mechanics, and just generally messing with jumps in stupid ways? My reaction there was mostly due to shock from seeing your insinuation that SJ's name adds anything to a product when she's mostly known for trying to mess with basic Jumpchain standards to make her jumps more special. And not in a competent or interesting way either.
>>
>>54757970
No, no, he's correct. SJ-Chan has a nasty habit of adding things to her jumps/supplements that have no basis in canon. Also, this >>54758044.
>>
>>54757938
The reason they convert the pdfs to is because it is crossposted into a different, much more active subbreddit that has a file format requirement. The jumpchain subbreddit itself is for specific discussions within jumpchain, which is provided but not necessary like it is here because of each post has its own thread and so there are usually many congruent, albeit short, discussions, as the ideas rarely have the opportunity to build off of one another. Personally, I think this is a major flaw of Reddits in this context
>>
>>54758066
So they don't really have an actual jumpchain community, they just have a cyoa community
>>
>>54758035
I honestly think part of the reason for the shitposting is that there's only so much we're willing to talk about. SB keeps active thanks to a small community of vaguely-creepy minmaxers who are constantly putting together challenges as an excuse to give themselves free CP (but, credit to SJ where it's due, the UDS has helped reduce that), deliberately misinterpreting perks to be as overpowered as possible, and putting together weird gimmick builds to meet weird gimmick goals of their own devising. The chats are just okay with being dead sometimes, and the lack of anonymity helps. The subreddit is completely devoid of actual discussion.

So, what else is a /jc/ anon to do? Create new content? Absolutely not. It must be shitposting.
>>
>>54758079
And even that community barely exist either, considering that it suffers from the same problem of being nothing but reposts stolen from other websites and build posts with almost no discussion.
>>
>>54758079
Yes and no. Jumpchain stuff is divided even within the larger subreddit and builds are generally posted in the comments along with a summary of what they did in the same way we do with pastebins, sometimes along with jump number and links to previous jumps they did.
>>
>>54758088
Well I've noticed sometimes we talk about stuff from our lives. Like nuclear reactor environmental impact (or lack thereof, according to some anons). Or whether morality, afterlives, free will and identity are real. Or the true meaning of bad food.

Not always an improvement mind you, just saying.
>>
>>54758088
As one of those involved in the current argument I apologize for contributing. It's just that coming back to find out this thing somehow reached the drive has me rather aggravated. It's a bad concept poorly executed by someone who's known for trying to get stupid shit onto the drive by packing her jumps with as much of it as possible so people can't catch it all.
>>
>>54758149
People asked for it, by the by.
>>
>>54757776
Probably Marvel Magic. It's pretty sweet.
>>
>>54757776
Easy Mode: Adventure time for shenanigans. No one expects to get their hands turned into dogs.
Hard Mode: Overlord. Start off with crazy powerful druid magic, and tell Ainz to knock his shit off before things spiral out of control.
>>
>>54758149
Although I will clarify that my issue is more with the fact it's on there in the first place. The initial argument about Warehouse size changes was rather stupid from the start because that anon apparently hasn't withdrawn his head from his ass long enough to notice all the Warehouse expansions and upgrades in other jumps. The changing Benefactor bit is still stupid though.
>>
>>54758149
As someone who gets overly paranoid about crossposters and has probably felt the same way about peole who didn't deserve it, I understand. If I learned anything from those arguments, it's being concise and rational instead of wasting time with accusations is the best way to get your point across.
>>
>>54758120
So do they actually make much themselves? Because if it's 99% taking from us, it's hard to call them an independent community of their own.
>>
>>54757776
Easy Mode: Hero Union BBS. It encompasses the vast majority of magic systems, and the really REALLY high end people take out capital-G Gods.

Hard Mode: Same choice. Just take the extension to give me extra time to learn it.
>>
>>54758222
>REALLY high end people take out capital-G Gods.
Like the guy who turned down immortality after defeating the Demon Lord, then had to trudge through the other 107 escalating chain of Demon Lords to get to the Demon God?
>>
>>54758138
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48005402/#48017339
>>
>>54758222
>Capital G Gods
I seriously doubt that or at least doubt your understanding of the term.
>>
>>54757910
SB is way too focused on power wanking for me to visit their regularly. I do like their idea of scenarios but it seems like 3/4s of them are just excuses to get way more CP.
>>
>>54758108
The jumpchain sub doesn't make anything. When someone wants help looking for something like a perk, the answers are also shit.

The general cyoa sub makes some stuff on their own, but it's a bad dev community. They don't allow any posts or comments that aren't a cyoa or a build unless the OP is posting their own cyoa and asking for feedback, so makers can't get input unless they have a finished product.

The image only thing is stupid as well. They say it's because people can't view pdfs. Then get a phone that can open pdfs, it's fucking 2017.
>>
File: All Out Attack.png (4MB, 825x3714px) Image search: [Google]
All Out Attack.png
4MB, 825x3714px
>>54757776
Persona 5 for both.
>>
>>54758261
Meant for >>54758196
>>
>>54758196
>it's hard to call them an independent community of their own
I would say that about nearly all of the jc spinoffs. With regards to Reddit, no. Not really. Some stuff has been made on occasion, such as Attack on Titan and American Horror Story, but once its been made then what? Reddit doesn't have its own drive like SB does, and most of them don't want to come here to get it on the drive. So even if they did make it, Reddits inferior format (in my opinion, at least) would mean maybe a handful of people see it then never see it again because Reddits search function is garbage
>>
I feel like my current chain is too focused on getting power rather than having fun.
>>
>>54758283
So they have almost no discussion, make almost nothing and what is there is just a small part of a larger CYOA community instead of a Jumpchain community.

I'm struggling to understand your belief that reddit has so much fun when, as far as I can tell, they're barely allowed to talk.
>>
>>54758296
Yeah that can be a problem at times.
>>
>>54758193
For me the issue is less SB in general and more certain of their names and challenges in particular. I found challenges annoying and poorly thought out for the brief time I spent on that thread. Actively discourages jump makers from trying to balance their jumps for standard formats because everyone is running different abnormal rules so it's near impossible to get baseline builds. They remind me of those people who refuse to vaccinate their kids because everyone else is vaccinated so why should they bother if nobody else nearby can carry it? Sure, it might work out nicely on small scale, but things break horribly when it becomes common.
>>
>>54758336
That's...an amazingly apt description anon. Huh.
>>
>>54758336
>common
For a given definition of "common". They have, what, 12 regulars? And that might be a bit much.
>>
File: 4b9YMu1.jpg (765KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4b9YMu1.jpg
765KB, 1920x1200px
Alright so, 18k words later and I finished up the first 13 jumps in Mecha chain, and thus ended the first official arc of the chain. Which only has one mech jump. Huh.

Gotta say, this was pretty fun. The writing is terribad don't get me wrong, but it's actually there. Which is something no other writefaggoty I've seen online has done before.

So thanks JC. And have a pic I robbed off of some poor artist in a seedy alley on the internet.
>>
>>54758315
Because, and I don't know if you can comprehend this, it's entirely possible to have fun with jumpchain and be a lurker. Do you actually think only a handful of people look at jumps and make builds on Reddit? Of course not, in the same way that we have a shit ton more lurkers in this thread on a daily basis than the normal 50-70 posters would seem to indicate. They don't need discussion to make builds, look at jumps, and have their own imagination game. I most certainly didn't need to discuss anything, not until I had a question about Sins of a Solar Empire. And while I'd continue this if I could, the time is slowly changing from late to early, so I'll be taking my leave here. Have fun anon.
>>
I'm debating about going casteless in Lunars. It has a lot of discounts on things that I want plus after the jump is over I can settle on a caste. But on the other hand I'm really worried about the potential to turn into a chimera. I suppose I could take the drawback where I don't get my exaltation until the end to avoid that.
>>
>>54758384
For some reason, seeing this image made me think of 'Major Tom'.Specifically that "Planet Earth is blue, and there's nothing I can do" line. Don't know why.
>>
>>54758296
It's alright, sometimes I worry people perceive my current chain as being focused grtting power rather than having fun, when all I want to do is tell a cool story but I have so many companions and powers it's hard to write something that doesn't sound like a batshit fever dream. And trying to figure out the full ramifications of retcons from jump updated just makes things more complicated.
>>
>>54758384
...I wonder how he's gonna drink that?

Also, no irony: good on you, anon!
>>
>>54758392
Okay but...that makes your complaints about this place a bit silly.
>>
>>54758412
Well, it does have a really nice portrayal of Earth in it, and the astronauts not really doing much but relaxing, so... maybe?
>>
>>54758296
>>54758413
The way I dealt with it is by basically becoming someone else's benefactor. Like in Young Justice I took Secret's soul and had her become my demonic protege on the Team.
>>
>>54758331
I think my biggest problem is that there are some jumps that have only one perk that I want but its a perk that I really want so I like have to take the jump. Or in the case of Panty & Stocking which I want to jump but has such a desirable perk that I have take it super early on.
>>
Are there any perks that would let me wear only one part of an enchanted armor set, but get the whole bonus? Or, like, combine armor designed to cover the whole body with a hoodie or something, but still count as fully covered?

>Street signs
>Literally all 16.
>>
>>54758421
Very, very carefully.

But thanks, I really appreciate it!
>>
Question Jumpchain. How much stuff would you say is a comfortable amount of stuff to take to a Solar jump where you are exposed right away
>>
Jumpers how many of you have companions and if so how many companions do you have?
>>
>>54758437
Yeah I had that problem. I ended up taking Marvel Magic and DC Occult really early so I easly overpowered a lot of jumps.
>>
>>54758446
I think Terraria has a perk for that anon.
>>
>>54758406
Maybe get some really good willpower and mix it with the capstone from Resident Evil that gives you control over how physical mutations you get manifest? Alternatively, get Unconquered from Solars, although this will mess things up if you wanted to keep an escalating power curve for your trips to Creation. Last resort, buy Chimerical. You've lived a year or two or hundreds if you took the Capstone Booster without a Caste. You can figure out how to live another ten.
>>
>>54758455
I've got 50-something right now, but I eventually plan on having 100 total, so I can completely fill-up the Imports for Wonderful 101.
>>
>>54758446
What are you trying to do, more specifically? Because just getting enough crafting ability will let you do pretty much any sort of enchanting/armor forging you want, including reforging old gear.
>>
File: Great Potato War 0.1.pdf (144KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Great Potato War 0.1.pdf
144KB, 1x1px
Well, someone dared me to do it and I saw no reason not to keep this a secret any longer: I made an actual Great Potato War jump and have decided to finally publish it. Here you all go - it even includes opposing Jumper mechanics.
>>
>>54758452
Hrm. You're gonna want at least one conceptual defense perk, so either Lord of Light or Seven Deadly Sins. Maybe some kind of super speed and reaction perk too? Exalted never reaches too far beyond peak human before going conceptual...

Beyond that, you should be able to make it decently well even if you're only peak human.
>>
>>54757005
Okay, so my two cents:
I like it in general: I don't mind it being an original setting instead of an existing IP, and some of the perks and companions really appeal to me. I'll take a magic-obsessed sciencebot and a parrot that sings the local equivalent of 'Hotel California' any day of the week.

But, other anons have already pointed out some issues:

#1) Mystery Boxes: This rarely works even in CYOAs. It's the nature of the format that we're going to want to read the whole document before making any choices. My advice would be to make these an item you can take multiple times, each purchase allowing you a roll to randomly determine the resulting box and removing that result from the table for subsequent rolls. (Or just offer a 'pay #00 CP to choose' option).
#2) The Free CP Challenge: I think the closest thing I've seen for this is that one jump with the color Drafting eye magic, where you get a certain perk for free if you can pass a color-sorting test. I recommend just removing this bit entirely.
#3) The Isocloces Dilemma: So, Unrealm Warp is an issue, as you've no doubt guessed from the other reactions. It's got two real strikes against it: Most warehouse storage increases are vehemently opposed for whatever reason. (As if we track how much space we're using anyway...) And the benefactor-replacing fluff bothers people who prefer their own narrative. My suggestion here is to add text similar to the Traveler's Gate Territory perk, causing the Unrealm to make off with items kept outside your Warehouse asteroid, and to move the Isocloces portion to a drawback where Isocloces is using his Fake powers to mess with your memories and perceptions so he can *try* and replace your Benefactor. Said drawback would then be mandatory when Unrealm Warp is purchased.
#4) Organization: It's usually a good idea to sort things by origin/discount and cost. This being done in MS Paint makes that a pain to fix at this stage, but keep it in mind for future jumps.
>>
Do we have a list of post-apocalyptic jumps?
>>
File: EXPLAIN.gif (465KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
EXPLAIN.gif
465KB, 500x288px
>>54758508
what
>>
>>54758455
Always exactly eight. It took me forever to find a good 8-people theme I actually liked, but now that I have it, I can make a squad of 8 OCs that have a strong, consistent design and personality in every jump.
>>
File: You WHAT.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
You WHAT.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>54758508
>>
>>54758508
5 stars. Could use a bit more polish though. I recommend looking at the multiplayer supplement for ideas. Maybe we could get some sort of home fries recipe.
>>
>>54758508
>recreating another jumpmakers joke
You're better than that
>>
File: 1473379751952.png (374KB, 702x731px) Image search: [Google]
1473379751952.png
374KB, 702x731px
>>54758556
>>54758535
>>54758541
>>54758553
I got REALLY bored, okay? Today sucked and I miss having alcohol in the house.

As for actual content, Saint Seiya perks are just about done. ETA in like...two, three days?
>>
>>54758504
Found an armor with an effect I want, but it's apparently some form of one piece bodysuit or something. I want it to still work without covering everything, as it was designed to do.

>>54758473
Juggernaut?
>>
Bane Trilogy Jump when?
>>
>>54758508
This needs a changelog. Especially one that contradicts itself and the version number.
>>
>>54758601
SBURB alchemy tech will let you combine items in all sorts of ways, so you could easily combine the bodysuit with, say, a gauntlet to get the effect. It's my go-to for combining and stacking effects.
>>
>>54758510
I want to do Seven Deadly Sins after Exalted since that way I can make Hope a sacred weapon. Also don't know Lord of Light any other suggestions?
>>
>>54758601
No, that's not it. I know there's a perk for it, because I remember a combo using it and that one item from one of the Final Fantasy jumps that...prevents petrification? Something like that.
>>
>>54758455
Technically, about 60.

Most of those are multiple-in-one slots, and three of them are Inactive / currently serving about the Arcian World-Ship (Dryad from QfG serving as an Administrator for Yuki-No-Ha, my Jurian Tree. Tin the Imagin serving as The Grove's gardener and guardian, and the Blue-Eyes White Dragon sister as a Shadow Realm Ambassador).

So out of 57 Companions...
There's the wife.
15 of those are my kids.
3 of them are sisters (1 younger, 1 older, 1 same-age).
1 of them's my Promethium Driver.
Multiple married couples, many of whom have had kids (two of whom have sired an entire species).
>>
Are there any perks that prevent your followers (not necessarily companions) from betraying you?
>>
>>54758455
Zero.
I'm not good with people. Or writing them.
>>
>>54758710
Mainly just super charisma and the ability to read someone well. Some Exalted charms do that job very well
>>
>>54758692
>15 kids

IT'S A VAGINA, NOT A CLOWN CAR.
>>
>>54758710
Heathers Jump has something /shill
>>
>>54758690
I don't see anything else it could be?
>>
>>54758692
>>54758740
Assumedly not all at once, right?
Right?
>>
>>54758436
I sorta moved into this a while ago. Way back when Song Science was the new hotness, I realised how devastating (at the time, relatively) using Ijii's nanites and FMA-style alchemic matter manipulation to effectively raise songstone technology at will out of the landscape was. So I'd build floating sky citadels that issued drones to scout magical girls from the local populace, and tried my hand at social engineering when said society suddenly has grown up magical girls at every level near the end of a decade.

Problem is-this was at least 800 or so jumps ago, and there's not much you can write about that in places where you don't need magical girls. Other than that I've tried an Ensouling system modified to work on things other than magic, mass summoning the nightmares of civilisations, cutting Flask Plan formulae with actual magical potions, things akin to Shards powered by heroism and now my own Exaltations. There's two problems: As framing devices, most jumps focus on you rather than the civ. Also, after a while I found myself spending more time and energy combing through to make sure the systems were internally consistent to myself and others, so I just felt too tired to enjoy writing after a while.

Like, nobody noticed but I panicked hard when i thought that second last one might spontaneously generate friendly not-Endbringers once I was done trying to make it work as well as possible. Like, in one of those shoujo settings were friendship is already a volatile force, I was worried the system would spontaneously decide some sad local girl needed worthy friends and start shitting out kaiju that would derail the rest of my build.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good gig. It just also happens to be awkward framing device because it generally happens at many removes from yourself and your companions unless it's to interfere with the system. That's the problem with automation. Well, it wasn't a problem in-character, but as a writer it is.
>>
>>54758810
Yeah, I can understand that as a problem. It helps that my major endgame goal for my chain is to create my own faction in Warhammer 40k and then proceed to fuck over everyone else.
>>
>>54758672
Off the top of my head? The only other explicit conceptual defense I can think of is that one Symphogear perk, but that is pretty niche.

I suppose you could rustle up a custom Noble Phantasm from a fate jump, but that's all that I can think of barring going full out soul protection from jumps like Anima, Castlevania, or NGE.
>>
>>54758767
NO, nooo, god no. I mean we coulda gotten busy enough to make that feasible but ENOUGH ON THAT FRONT.

Two are from the future / alternate timelines.
Six were adopted and then made legitimate through blood and Sidereal bullshit, it's now 100% concrete.
Seven born legitimately in different jumps.
>>
>>54758508
Those are clearly moons, not potatoes. Unless...my god, it's true. The potatoes are teaming up with the moons to learn their fighting techniques!

Yer in trouble Heavens
>>
>>54757145
Too bad, could be a generic future jump if it was based off something
>>
>>54757005
If this is a proof of concept / proof of moxie to make shit? You dun good.
>>
File: Nicholas Uncaged.gif (2MB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
Nicholas Uncaged.gif
2MB, 300x162px
>>54758508
>my face when.
>>
File: eagle-c2.jpg (965KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
eagle-c2.jpg
965KB, 1200x1600px
So Jumpers what is your go to Fighting Style these days?

I've taken to dual wielding Riyu Jingu Bangs for most fights, at least until I run up against an opponent I need to get serious against
>>
>>54758955
When almost every animal, down to the ants and up to the elephants, thinks you're the best thing since the Endangered Species Act, you don't have to fight on your own all that much.
>>
>>54758955
Started using two handguns in some kind equilibrium-esque CQC style before actually learning how to sword.

Now trying to decide whether to drop one of the handguns or just stick the sword in my mouth and pull a Zorro.
>>
>>54758955
I like using those Pressure Point type Martial Arts, where you paralyze someone through precision strikes. I get very graceful and dancy.
>>
Thoughts on using Anima: Beyond Fantasy, summoning in order to control the Unconquered Sun? Not sure if he can be mind controlled but I am curious on people's thoughts on summoning a creature of such high level and Gnosis
>>
>>54758752

Alright, I was misremembering. The perk I was thinking of only provides defensive qualities equal to the best protective item you have on hand.
>>
>>54758955
I took the DMC approach to fighting style, generally using melee weapons and phantom blades of Dark Slayer style.
>>
>>54759047
Difficult. He has a Charm that makes him perfectly invincible so long as he remains temperate, an undefined number of Charms that let him freely emulate Solar Circle Sorcery effects at will using his own power and another Charm that lets him supernaturally succeed by an arbitrary and extremely high threshold against other effects so long as he is true to his convictions (though in theory it can be beaten out if someone "wins harder", there's at least one Solar combat combo out there I remember from reddit that dwarfs his success pool.

Not impossible mind you, his creators did successfully geas him for aeons so succesfully he needed to empower others to meaningfully rebel. Just far harder than anything else I know of from Anima.
>>
I'm pretty late to this but:
>>54743899
>>>54741856 (You)
>Bramastra, can I ask you a question?
>I've jumped Coiling Dragon and I'm interested in jumping DE when it's done. Can you give me a sense of the relative power between the two settings, please?
>I mean, I guess that a highgod would be comparable to a daofather/elder god, but I'm not sure.

Hard to say, to put it simply, Desolate Era is wonky in comparison to CD. While a regular Saint would probably wreck everything up to Primal, and a Demi God would probably be a good contender for anything up until Earth Immortal, from there it would probably take a Highgod to match a Celestial Immortal, and a Paragon wouldn't even be able to hold a fight against True Immortals let alone Daofathers, who I'd say are basically as strong as Sovereigns. At least a Third Tier Jindan one is, a full on first tier Daofathers would probably be Orloff levels of fuck you. And everything just moves up from there.
>>
>>54759140
>Charm that makes him perfectly invincible so long as he remains temperate
How do I learn that?
>>
>>54759142

How goes the update on stelaris?
>>
>>54759140
I figure every 5 level in Exalted is give or take the a circle. AKA level 5 = 1CD, Level 10 = 2CD, Level 15 = 3CD etc.

Obviously a rough estimate. Level 15's and 16's in Anima are doomsday events for a planet the size of Earth. And Ligier is kinda supposed to be able to fight a direction give or take so they are kinda comparable but like I said rough estimate.
>>
>>54759204
Replace Exalted in the first sentence with Anima. I fucked that up pretty bad
>>
>>54759186
Added in a few traits and added a second type of Hive Mind. Might also add another Drawback since I've been playing a lot of Stellaris recently and I can't find shit in my starting systems.
>>
>>54759163
It's part of his divine panoply. You'd need one of those mimic perks, except one that explicitly works on things you shouldn't be able to learn. Alternatively, get him to suppress the Virtue it's attached to and use your preferred method of power theft/soul eating/etc on Goldie while he's vulnerable.
>>
>>54759250
>You'd need one of those mimic perks, except one that explicitly works on things you shouldn't be able to learn.
So, what? Ultimate Lifeform?
>>
>>54759235
>Added in a few traits and added a second type of Hive Mind. Might also add another Drawback since I've been playing a lot of Stellaris recently and I can't find shit in my starting systems.

Good, Use your anger to fuel your works. Also looking forward towards your update man
>>
>>54758955

Lucha Libre. Mostly in part to it being the only perk-backed combat skill I knew and then adding on "Trueborn" and "Successor" from Double Cross onto it.

Before that, I was a run and gun kind of guy due to being Quote in Cave Story. Now it's a mix of Lucha Libre and just flinging Ki at stuff. Not the most precise combat techniques but it's damn fun to see people react to getting suplexed in an otherwise serious fight
>>
So I'm looking at the Capstone Booster Chthonic Baara of the Ur-Beast in Lunars and I'd rather use that than Final Form to merge my alt forms because it feels appropriate for the setting. But I want to be able to use it all the time and not look like some hideous amalgamation. Is there any way I can do that and instead take on my normal form (which is basically a human but between a Primarch and Space Marine in size)?
>>
>>54759163
Eclipse Caste Anima
>>
>>54759163
The Incarnae have unique Charms that represent the super buff concept they are god of which are explicitly unlearnable by effects like the Eclipse case anima power. This is one of them.

>>54759204
I don't know enough about Anima gameplay abstractions to compare, but that sounds about right. Well, 3CD-tier beings are supposed to pose conceptual challeges that go beyond the scope of Earth (the Sun has a +2 to ruling the universe for example, his Daystar has destroyed an evil Creation in the past, Ligier is supposed to be roughly on par with him somehow and the devs have said Luna's Cthonic Baara aspect could threaten Creation like Godzilla) but broadly speaking you're probably near the right ballpark; Creation's current total mass is apparently 5 times regular Earth so they might be a few levels higher?
>>
>>54758740
Say the vagina is a muscle. If she kept herself fit, it would tighten back up to pre-childbirth. Look all the celeb moms going back into shape. They often have another kid or two after the first. You think their husbands would want to have sex with them if their vaginas were all flabby & worn out?
>>
>>54759264
Anon that one explicitly says you need to possess capability for the ability. The Sun's description explicitly states only he posseses that ability.
>>
>>54759372
it says only the basic prereqs, which in this case would be having essence or being a spirit. it's copied stands which are unique to each individual before.
>>
>>54759372
Right, as in the basic potential. Essence.
>>
>>54759264
Isn't one of the big limitations on Understanding that you need to actually have the base potential to do whatever you're copying? I guess becoming a spirit via Mortal Heroes might work.

Although I'm curious as to what Aegis of Unconquered Might Ultimate and Godspear of All-Searing Noon Ultimate would even do. Difficult to imagine an upgrade when you're already invincible and deal infinite damage.
>>
>>54759142
I was just looking at the Desolate Era WIP, and it’s looking good.
How much longer do you think it will take?
>>
File: batman.png (236KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
batman.png
236KB, 540x405px
>>54758955
Bat +10 with the Merciful quality.
>>
>>54759385
>>54759386
I'm just going off the description that explicitly says no other Exalts, Primordials or other essence users possess the basic prereqs for it.
>>
>>54759407
It makes you ultimately invincible and lets you deal ultimate infinite damage?
>>
>>54759431
Can you paste the exact description?
>>
>>54759407
Yeah, I realise I'm in the awkward position of having to defend WW's obscure, retarded gameplay equals lore setup but to make a long story short there are a lot of Charms that arbitrarily can or can't be learned out there when they wrote themselves into a corner by making everything be Charms. So I don't like putting myself in the position of having to challenge Jorge physics with what they wrote, but I ain't a liar either.
>>
>>54759431
It runs off of essence still right? Just because Eclipse can't get it doesn't mean any other copy power is limited the same way.
>>
>>54759047
>
Past a certain amount of Gnosis your flat immune to all aspects of the summoning skill.

At 40 (not quite a god, but nearly) none of the summoning skills can work on you without your consent. As the Unconquered Sun is probably the equivalent of a bit higher than that, I doubt the attempt will get you anywhere.

Unless you have even higher Gnosis, in which case you can still use summoning on things with less than you.
>>
File: IMG_1506.png (882KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1506.png
882KB, 2048x1536px
>>54759458
After some experimentation, only by photo
>>
>>54759487
...that's not really as explicit as you indicated. It definitely doesn't mention basic prereqs.
>>
>>54759473
They do yes, but for the ladt time: I've got a screenshot from the book right here, where the writer did everything short of another perfect defenses sidebar to say that no. They can't be copied.

Hell, consider that if they could the Ebon Dragon would just wear the Sun's form all day everyday.
>>
>>54759514
For the last time, that sidebar doesn't really say what you've been saying it does. It says it cannot be learned by any others. For one, that says nothing about copying. For two, that says nothing about stuff from other jumps.
>>
>>54759514
You know what else is unique to the user and can't be learned by others? Specific Stands. But they can be copied if you have the right power.
>>
Ultimate Lifeform was a mistake.
>>
>>54759513
I don't know what you want from me, then. If you're asking me to support your fanwank I'm telling you I can't find anything to unless you rules lawyer sentences that spell out for you no, you can't copy these Charms. Maybe ask Val, Heavens, Digger or Mardukth for clarification, I'm not a jumpmaker of anything.
>>
>>54759487
It's worth noting that Charms usually /are/ learnable by beings of the relevant "type". And even Eclipse Caste need a teacher. Not being able to be learned isn't quite the same thing as not being able to be copied.
>>
>>54759548
Anon, you're the one saying these things are preventing us from copying the powers, I'm just pointing out your defence has some pretty big holes in it.
>>
>>54759548
I think you confused Wukong with Digger there, buddy. Also Gaunlet did Exalted stuff too.
>>
>>54759547
Lifeforms were a mistake.
>>
>>54759549
My understanding was that Understanding was a type of learning. You...understand the power, and then you make it better

>>54759530
>>54759539
But again. I don't have the patience to play semantics, or the capacity to actually stop you from fanwanking. I'm just answering to the best of my knowledge of the setting. If you ignore that, well, so be it.

Also be fair: Whitesnake, that one parasitic Stand in part 4 and alt. Diego having The World.
>>
>>54759565
Oh yeah

>>54759556
Okay. Well, in that case there's nothing more to say. I'm just giving an opinion based on how I understand (no pun intended) the perk works, and how the Sun's powers work. You do you, but I'm going to continue to disagree.
>>
>>54759487
Just because it can't be learned by in-setting beings doesn't mean it can't be obtained through OOC power-copying. Unless he has an actual Charm/power that prevents them from being copied, there's not much reason why an E10 Essence user couldn't pull it off.
>>
>>54759585
None of those are learnt? They're all copying or gained through the means of powers.

And also, you're being a bit arrogant by calling it fanwanking. Your fave series doesn't auto trump every other series.
>>
>>54759480
Damn an Exalt probably has Natura out the ass but not higher than Conky. Maybe using the Judgement Reversed.
>>
>>54759585
Maybe if you have a very wide and silly definition of "learning".
>>
>>54759408
I'd say by next week monday I should finish the notes and be ready to upload it.
>>
>>54759571
Forms were a mistake

t. Excrucians
>>
>>54759585
To the extent that pulling ridiculous conceptual abilities out of thin air without affecting your own just by looking at something is "learning", yes.
>>
>>54759616
Ew. For god's sake, don't you dare slander me by calling Exalted my favorite series. I personally think it's rather arrogant of you to take such a high estimate for Jorge's own capability without consulting Val for clarity, but you don't see me calling Jorge yours.

If you're going to accuse me of anything, let it be stubborness. Because I take the old fashioned approach of trying to learn about a series before coming to conclusions about it, and hainvg looked through Jorge I just got the impression Stands are more transferable there since Dio did become the Holy Corpse.

>>54759631
Right back at you.
>>
>>54759675
>Right back at you.
>no u
Really? And that doesn't actually work.
>>
>>54759656
I mean, I've read God of Highschool, watched bits of Ranma and skimmed Tower of God & Majikoi to get a handle on what the perks based on Mori, Momoyo, Baam and that one guy can do.

And from it. I've learned that sometimes indeed "pulling conceptual abilities out of thin air withot affecting your own just by looking at something" is how people "learn" in some settings. So yes, I've learned not to take things for granted by now,
>>
>>54759675
Then why do you keep assuming that Exalted is this untrumpable thing? Especially when it only says unlearnable, not uncopyable.

Jorge, being the top level of Jojo, has at least, if not more high level stuff than Exalted. There's effects on the level of whole universes or multiple universes there for some Stands.

Stands are transferable, that does not mean they can be learned. You can acquire them through special properties, often by stealing bodies to take as your own, such as how Dio gained Johnathan's stand by taking his body. That's how Dio got the Passion stand. For someone who says he does research, you don't seem to have actually done any good research and just skimmed and made assumptions.
>>
>>54758556
Was this supposed to be a joke parody of the multiplayer supplement.
>>
>>54759675
>I personally think it's rather arrogant of you to take such a high estimate for Jorge's own capability without consulting Val for clarity
Kars in Jorge can copy universal-scale abilities.
>>
File: 1481868708363.gif (4MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1481868708363.gif
4MB, 320x320px
>>54759719
Yup. I was bored.

I miss Epicureanon. I have no idea if they still lurk or not.
>>
>>54759719
The Great Potato War was a ... thing.
It's best to look away and pretend you didn't see it.
>>
>>54759730
Only reason Val made the jump, really.
>>
>>54759710
Except all of those are techniques that can be learned with enough effort that draw on basically their own magic system. You can't just "learn" to to perform Stand abilities. It's not the same. Maybe if you needed to modify your own Stand to replicate them instead of creating new ones wholesale, then you'd have a point. But none of those are actually "out of thin air".
>>
File: 1396342378932.jpg (898KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1396342378932.jpg
898KB, 1920x1080px
>>54756456
For the anon from last thread, if you're still awake, I finished a somewhat coherent explanation for my plan to create my own personal universe. I actually changed it several times as I was writing everything down because I realized better ways to combine everything.

Also, so you don't have to read all this, both Gurren Lagann and Darksiders both have post-spark rewards that let you create universes or pocket dimensions.

Anyway, here's my method to create a neigh-endless magi-tech pocket dimension that you can take between jumps.

First you're going to need the Genesis spell from D&D. Since it needs to cast in the ethereal plane, (According to this site at least. d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/genesis.htm), you typically can't spam it or carry your pocket dimensions around with you. However, if you're willing to stretch the definition of ethereal plane, you should be able to cast the spell in virtual reality and by combining a few A.I alt. forms you can end up with a both virtual and magical inner world.

Project Freelancer, Megaman Battle Network, The Matrix, Code Lyoko, and Tron System all have perks and alt. forms that can turn you into an A.I. But if you also get the Imaginos body and Karmatron Dynamics perk from GUNNM, and the Mental Model background, perks, and items from Arpeggio of Blue Steel, you can use the This Is, In Fact, My Final Form perk from SAO to combine your nanotech and A.I alt. forms together, turning you into a neigh-indestructible nano-A.I with a massive internal virtual world that can easily be customized using your accumulated perks and technology. Additionally you can use the Nanite Sciences and EVO Creation perks from Generator Rex to create more nanites that can be used to manipulate existing objects and organisms, or augment your own nano-A.I physiology.
>>
>>54759710
Great. Why again, does 'learn' in that line from the gamebooks apply to OOC methods of 'learning' that clearly differ from how Exalted means the terms?
>>
>>54759757
Why would she need to do that when she already made a jump with a great power copying ability?
>>
File: Spaceship Girl - Animated.gif (5MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spaceship Girl - Animated.gif
5MB, 1280x720px
>>54759773
For even more bullshit power, before going to the following jumps you can stop by Earth's Mightiest Heroes and pick up Technovore so that you can consume all the useful technology you encounter and then manifest it from the nanites that make up your body, and also use it to improve your own internal capabilities. Matter/Energy conversion technology like the Digi-struct tech from Borderlands and the Replicators from Star Trek would be exceptionally useful with this combination as it would allow you send items and people in and out of your virtual world, or create anything you want so long as you had enough energy. You can also get Tinker from Worm to improve upon all the technology you absorb.

Furthermore, by combining Universal Adapter from Storm Hawks, Fear Tech from Monsters Inc, and one or more of the many perks that turn you into a living magic battery like Greatest Magician of the Age from DC Occult you can generate and collect a practically limitless amount of energy to produce nanites and power your other machines. In fact if you decided to house a large enough population of people within your internal reality you could harvest their emotional energy with fear tech and give them a weak form of magic that could also be harvested for energy.

Finally, by combing several magi-tech perks (Such as Starro-tech Notes from Young Justice, Enlightenment from MCU Pt.2, Mega Bomb and Guru from Chrono Trigger, and Nine-Realms Craftsman from Earth's Mightiest Heroes.) you should be able to use your nanites to create new universes without needing to have them actually be apart of you, and if you used Artificial Alloys from Anno 2070 to integrate them with Burstone from Bastion, you might be able to copy and recreate existing universes.
>>
>>54759701
Look, I've already stated my position and agreed to disagree. You went all condescending to get the last word in. If we've descended into flinging insults. I'm not terribly concerned about the quality of bant here because let's face it-in another thread, maybe less if a better topic comes up, we'll quietly go our separate ways and come to our own conclusions.

None of this matters.

>>54759730
I know. As I understand a few other characters there can in theory too, like Pucci's Whitesnake. Stands in general seem mor

>>54759718
>Passion

I have to admit, that's something I've wondered too since there is a Raksha who attained Sun-like powers from being killed and ressurecting himself from the Sun's power through force of narrative.

I tentatively rejected it since Dio needed to physically interact with Jon's body, and we know Stands have some sort of ineffable connection to the physical form-while Charms don't necessarily.
>>
>>54758079
>they just have a cyoa community
lol no
>>
>>54759798
TL;DR Jump list.

>Any D&D jump (Genesis Spell)
>Project Freelancer (A.I Background)
>Megaman Battle Network (NetNavi form and the Drop-In or Hacker perks)
>Arpeggio of Blue Steel (Mental Model background and all the perks and items for this background)
>Generator Rex (Nanite Sciences and EVO Creation)
>GUNNM (Imaginos and Karmatron Dynamics)
>The Matrix (The Machine background and all it's perks plus the last two Plug perks.)
>Code Lyoko (The Scanners and all the perks for Program and Whiz Kid)
>Borderlands (The Digi-struct tech.)
>Tron System (Either ISO or one of the Program backgrounds and all the perks for said background.)
>SAO (This Is, In Fact, My Final Form and the World Seed)
>Earth's Mightiest Heroes (Technovore, Nine-Realms Craftsman, Pym’s Protégé, Shapeshifting)
>Worm (Tinker)
>Storm Hawks (Universal Adapter)
>Monsters Inc. (Fear Tech)
>DC Occult (Outside Help, The Moving Finger Writes, Greatest Magician of the Age.)
>Anno 2070 (Artificial Alloys)
>Bastion (Core/Burstone)
>Young Justice (Starro-tech Notes, Mystic Perks)
>MCU Pt.2 (Pymtastic! and Enlightenment)
>Chrono Trigger (Mega Bomb, Guru)
>>
>>54759761
Having just come upon this argument, your complaints would make a lot more sense if it wasn't abundantly clear that you never read Jorge. It's stated pretty plainly why Kars can copy Stands, and I'm not sure why people haven't ignored you yet.
>>
>>54759828
Person he replid to here. Mostly because I wouldn't call myself a Jorge expert either exactly, since I just skimmed for the relevant info. So I could've missed something. I don't think I have, but the principle still stands.
>>
Guys, he's right, Stop playing word games and just ask the jumpmaker, ptherwise you just look like a bunch of lawyers who really need a specific loophole to win the case.
>>
>>54759163
Kill him using Greed.
>>
>>54759514
>Hell, consider that if they could the Ebon Dragon would just wear the Sun's form all day everyday.
No he wouldn't. All of the Unconquered Sun's charms that are better than the Ebon Dragon's require him to be acting according to his Virtues. You know, the thing that the Ebon Dragon explicitly can never do and is actively harmed if he tries to. I've got no horse in this race, I don't care if you can or can't copy the Unconquered Sun's panoply charms. But even if you could, the Ebon Dragon wouldn't.
>>
>>54759163
Talk him into giving it to you. The Unconquered Sun can transfer some of his charms to other people. Not all, but many of them. Aegis of Unconquered Might is one of them.
>>
>>54759930
Shit, you're right. I'll give you that one.
>>
>>54759938
THIS. This will almost certainly work, the Sun's a sucker for sob stories and a hopeless idealist.
>>
>>54759951
Which is why he's currently buried himself in gambling to avoid his job?
>>
On a related note, the Sun is actively choosing to drown his sorrows for his Exalts all turning into shitwads, right? So if I could theoretically slap him and give him some kind of Gurren Lagann speech, he could shrug off the addiction if he chose to, right?
>>
>>54759873
Ah, sorry about that. Basically though, the gist of it is that Kars either outright says or heavily implies that he also made the stand arrows and that they apparently work like the Stone Mask. That is to say, after stabbing someone they rewire the body to release potential that's already there like how the mask turns humans into vampires, or how the Mask + Gem of Aja turn a Pillarman into the Ultimate Lifeform.

Once he had a frame of reference and was allowed to dig into people's heads, he could observe the wiring in their brain that allowed them to manifest their stand, he could retool it into something superior and fitting for the Ultimate Lifeform and apply it to himself.

I guess with all the variables in mind, or Kars not seeing the need (since he mostly viewed Stands as a novelty), he mostly stuck to copying and improving rather than making anything up wholesale.
>>
>>54759961
Exactly.

He put his faith, his love, all that good shounen hero shit in the Solar Exalted. And they let him down so hard at for once in his life, he has to confront the serious preposition that he is not perfect and does not know what's best for everyone.
>>
>>54759984
No. The Games of Divinity are too addictive even for him to just ignore. They operate on a deeper level of metaphysics than his perfection abilities. If you managed to cheer him up he'd be much more active in Creation, though. The Incarnae can be in multiple places at once, the Unconquered Sun could be playing the Games and helping the world at the same time.
>>
>>54759984
...yes. I'm pretty sure here are Presence Charms that explicitly do that if you could walk up to him to deliver them.

Personally, I would strongly recommend either breaking his will completely or putting him out of his misery

>inb4 t. ebon dragon

Objectively his leadership has led to the net result of Creation being doomed barring one unknown factor, which controbuted heavily to said doom.
>>
So. Ultimate Lifeform from Jorge Joestar. Could they replace Sol Invictus? Granting people exalts in similar way to stand arrows/stone masks?
>>
>>54760019
Nope. The Unconquered Sun doesn't direct where his Exaltations go. Exaltations are autonomous, they empower the first person they find who fits the criteria.
>>
>>54760019
If you want to replace instead of copy him you don't need that, you need that one Sidereal Charm instead.

>>54759985
I see, thanks. So he's sort of like an Entity in that he invented and distributed the ability, and said ability comes from preexisting factors. Then yeah, I shouldn't think the power would work on all Charms automatically either by itself.
>>
>>54760019
Oh wait misread you. Yeah, what >>54760040 said.

Fucking useless post timers making speedreaders suffer.
>>
What passive debuff abilities do we have? You know, perks that make automatically make your opponents weaker or less competent or just suffer terrible luck. Preferably ones that aren't an aura radiating out from me, I don't want enemies to be able to be competent again by outranging my Mr. Magoo field. I know there are a couple in Majikoi, but are there any others? So far all I can find are "enemies underestimate you" perks, which are useful but not enough. I don't want my enemies to just make mistakes, I want them to be tripping over themselves in a cavalcade of failure.
>>
File: Starblazer_front_view.png (533KB, 1241x644px) Image search: [Google]
Starblazer_front_view.png
533KB, 1241x644px
>>54759773
Which Jump was it that you were making that had the Star Destroyer in it? Because I really love those ships.
>>
>>54760088

Battle front
>>
>>54760088
This >>54760097 specifically It's going to be primarily based off Battlefront 2, but it'll also include some inspiration from the other Battlefront games.
>>
File: qybo0Yo_d.jpg (35KB, 640x285px) Image search: [Google]
qybo0Yo_d.jpg
35KB, 640x285px
>>54760097
Thanks, It sounds awesome as shit to be walking around with a giant modified Star Destroyer.
>>
>>54760081
Kekkai Sensen has one.
>>
>>54760061
Wait, what Sidereal charm? I've never heard of one that lets you supplant one of the Incarna.
>>
>>54760166
Willing Asumption of Chains and it lets you do it to someone else.
>>
>>54760166
There are actually two ways to do it. Willing Assumption of Chains gives a spirit a position in the Celestial Bureaucracy that currently is unfilled, converts them into a god if they're a different sort of spirit like a demon or elemental or ghost, and in the case of becoming an Incarnae makes it possible for the new god to eventually become as powerful as the old one after centuries of training. The King Is Dead is better in that it can be used on anything, not just a spirit, and grants the necessary power immediately. But it also requires that the Sidereal be touching a spirit that held authority over the now-empty role (which in the case of the Incarnae, includes any surviving Incarnae), so you'd have to not just kill the Unconquered Sun but then lay hands on one of his angry siblings. It also makes an Exalt who does it lose their Exaltation, since gods can't host Exaltations.
>>
>>54760234
Oh, and The King Is Dead is a Greater Astrology charm, so you have to convince the Maidens to unlock it for you, first.
>>
>>54760019
>>54760040
Here's the thing: 2e and 1e Celestial Exaltations are not made by the Incarnae at all, rather they were all crafted personally by Autochthon from some aspect associated with the Incarnae, and they had some input on the traits it would seek out.

Exaltations are, like Creation itself is, Artifacts created by The Great Maker.

As such, it's entirely possible in-setting for an Exalt to make Exaltations. It would take a great deal of work to accomplish, and would probably be prohibitively expensive in exotic resources and time.
>>
File: sharknado.gif (4MB, 684x381px) Image search: [Google]
sharknado.gif
4MB, 684x381px
I forget, do we have a Sharknado jump?
>>
>>54760283
Yes, and? That you could theoretically make your own Exaltations has nothing to do with the question of "if you copied the Unconquered Sun's powers, could you hand out Solar Exaltations?". The answer is no, the Unconquered Sun has nothing to do with Exaltation administration. Also

>Exaltations are, like Creation itself is, Artifacts created by The Great Maker.
No. Creation is not Autocthon's work. That was Cytherea and Gaia, with input on particular aspects of it contributed by the other Primordials. Autocthon made things to fill Creation with, but so did the other Primordials. And even if Authocthon made more contributions than any other Primordial, he did not make more than every other Primordial put together. It is not his world.
>>
>>54760293
No and I can't imagine what backgrounds or items you could come up for it. Anon, do you just want to be, own or waifu a Sharknado? Because if so you might as well make your own, it would take less effort than forming a jump for a setting identical to modern Earth apart from one freak meteorological anomaly.
>>
Question for you all do you consider IS's (Infinite Stratos) as power armor or mecha?
>>
>>54760408
Really slim fit mecha, bit too big for what I think of as power armor.
>>
>>54760402
Actually they're at Sharknado Five. It's obviously a weather pattern at this point.
>>
File: druids.jpg (132KB, 677x546px) Image search: [Google]
druids.jpg
132KB, 677x546px
>>54760402
The 5th movie decided to drop a bunch of lore all at once, now there's a shark god or something and ALL OF THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE nonsense
>>
>>54760402
No need for that, I've got my iceberg waifu and she's enough woman for me.
>>
>>54760418
Damn wanted to slap on Metroid and Vanquish stuff on it.
>>
>>54760408
I believe they fall under both considerations
>>
>>54760438
(Same Poster) Does anybody have a list of power armor providers besides Metroid, Vanquish, Halo and Warhammer 40k?
>>
>>54760428
Holy fuck there's 5 movies of Sharknado?!

Truly, this is the darkest timeline
>>
>>54760438
Slim it down yourself? There's nothing stopping you from making it power armor.
>>
>>54760443
That SB quest, Macross, and MCU Part 2.
>>
>>54760444
Apparently a certain man was supposed to play the president in the third movie. He then became too busy for this due to actually running for president.
>>
>>54760443
Let's not forget Fallout.
>>
File: DroidControlShip-TPM.png (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
DroidControlShip-TPM.png
1MB, 1920x816px
>>54760116
>that pic
Suddenly I find myself wanting a Lucrehulk battleship that has its central "pod" refitted with a superlaser.
>>
>>54760461
Oh well. I'm sure that judging from a certain popular comedy show, there's reasonably high demand for a comedian willing to parody said man should the filmmakers be seeking a substitute.

>>54760482
That really is an impractical design. It's practically begging a smaller, more agile ship to sneak around the back and compromise it's exhaust port with high yield explosives.
>>
>>54760493
Star Wars is full of such designs, I'd argue it's better than many in that respect, at least the guns mounted aft of the centreline on the torus can fire to the rear, many of the "dagger" ships can barely shoot aft for shit.
>>
>>54758615
At some point in your subjective future, Anon. Am working on other Jump(s), should be dropping one soonâ„¢
>>
>>54760526
True. Oh, it actually is from Star Wars? That explains everything.
>>
>>54758955
Mainly a mix of Panzerkunst and some precognition-powered PtV-style martial arts.
>>
>>54758529
I made a list for you, Anon. Just for you. I'm sure I missed some, depending on what you count as an apocalypse.

https://pastebin.com/3Xj8M8WS

>>54758955
Usually, I just hit people, really fast.

>>54760408
I draw the line between mecha and powered armor by asking "Are its physical capabilities directly increased by putting someone more physically capable in it?". As in, if you put a fast runner in it, does the armor move faster? If you put a stronk dude in it, does the armor hit harder?
If yes - it's worn armor, ie: Powered Armor.
If no - it's a vehicle, ie: a mecha.

So I figure IS's count as powered armor, personally.
>>
>>54758955
Close range nuclear combat, got myself some nukes on gloves, nukes in pants, nuke teeth. Everything provides thermonuclear detonations that can wipe out cities
>>
>>54760493
>It's practically begging a smaller, more agile ship to sneak around the back and compromise it's exhaust port with high yield explosives.
L-lewd.
>>
>>54760550
How much are you planning on changing from the version you posted originally?
>>
>>54758955
Everything I have has been boiled down and Forbidden Jumper Styled to hell and back. but my favorite is the Uncaring Omniverse Style. A fusion of Satsui no Hadou and the Power of Nothingness. Hidden Forbidden Jumper style is such fun bullshit.
>>
>>54760408
Either/both. They have many traits from both sides and can actually function as either too, so I've treated it as working for either.
>>
>>54760554
Yeah, it is. It's one of the main ships used by the Confederacy in the SW prequels. TLDR timeline:

Republic senate tells Trade Federation "you have to get rid of 90% of your battleships, FFS you're a merchant corporation not a military".

Trade Federation says "no worries" and dismantles 90% of their battleships... and uses the freed up parts and money to quietly upgrade the core infrastructure of their Lucrehulk bulk freighters.

Republic senate goes "cool, thanks, okay".

Sometime later, the Galactic Civil War happens. Trade Federation pretty much immediately declares for the Confederacy.

Republic finds out the hard way that a fuck-huge fleet of fuck-huge bulk freighters with a highly modular design, that's already had the internals upgraded to basically mil-spec, backed by a massive shipbuilding construction industry, can be quickly turned into battleships even more dangerous than the battleships they ordered the Trade Federation to dismantle. Oh and they double as troop transports too...

The Lucrehulk is basically the Star Wars naval equivalent of the OmniMech from Battletech. If both sides hadn't been secretly under Palpatine's control from the beginning, the Confederacy would've smashed the Republic.
>>
>>54760408
Its more like a hybrid between the two.
>>
>>54760675
Eh... the capstones and the 400cp Master perk are being redone, as are the 'general' perks. It's not that there's a mountain of work to be done, I'm just typing another Jump or two first.
That's not strictly accurate, I'm typing several Jumps alongside one another. When I finish one, I should be posting a good few
>>
>>54760736
What are you working on?

If it's a bunch of things at once, you might wanna be sure no one's claimed it
>>
Wow, did not expect an argument this severe on a Tuesday.

Earlier I asked what exactly True Demons from the Nasuverse can do and what they look like, does anyone know? For the purposes of whether or not to summon one from the demon handbook in F/SN.
>>
>>54760807
The demon book only gives you theories, you'd need to work on them yourself.

True Demons are meant to be pretty strong but we don't see much of them.
>>
>>54760775
>What are you working on?
There's the Wiedźmin Saga no one objected to, though I'll admit I'm skirting the territory of The Witcher jump with that one.

There's also spoiler related Agile Contortionist (200cp, Discount For Washed Up Bandicoot): This is a world where one can seemingly get anywhere should they take the most unlikely looking path. You’re extremely agile and flexible, able to jump more than your own body height in the air, judge the relative velocity of yourself and your desired landing platform and land comfortably from the equivalent of a several story building. Your ability to land on your feet is truly extraordinary. You may learn, in time, to ‘land’ mid-jump, while you’re still in the air and jump once more from that position. A double jump, if you will. When combined with Cyclone Spinning, this perk offers a third jumping platform for you to spin over long horizontal distances and potentially hover to safety.

In answer to your spoiler, I have either claimed these IPs, albeit without my name , or I know they're obscure enough that I don't have to worry.
>>
>>54760824
Okay, any idea what kind of things those theories would probably be?

Also how strong? Could they take on Arturia, Iskander or even Gilgamesh?
>>
>>54760872
I imagine the reason the item leaves it vague is because TDs are pretty vague in setting.
>>
>>54760882
...vague enough that you can't even give me an actual answer? C'mon, something to work with. Anything.
>>
>>54760887
You know there's a wiki? I'm also not the jump maker. I just looked at the item description, like you didn't seem to do.
>>
>>54760887
The entirety of their vital processes (生体機能, seitai kinou?) serve as faculties that exist for the purpose of calling forth "Ma," permitting that they exercise a Magecraft of an order beyond human ability.
>>
>>54760895
I did, and from it I learned that this thing called Goetia which is a mere regular demon is "omnipotent".

Hence why I'm trying for a second opinion.

You butt.

Also this >>54760906
>>
If you don't drop-in and have jump memories, do your jump memories include your powers? Like does your pre-awake self have perfect memory all that etc.
>>
>>54760911
You have fun with that.
>>
>>54760919
Wank and WANK some more
>>
>>54760911
Check out those giant tentacle things from Grand Order, I think they're demons and they seem pretty strong.
>>
>>54760919
My fanwank is that none of my out-of-jump abilities or memories exist prior to the point I assume control - Though I do include eidetic memory (the real version, not the absolutely perfect version I have from a perk) in the backstory. All the in-jump abilities exist within the character's background, and thus the jump-me's memory.
>>
>>54760987
Thanks, but that guy's entry doesn't confirm whether or not he's the True kind of Demon. I mean, like I said his description sounds like the TD description, but his origin story of being Solomon's created AI definitely doesn't.
>>
>>54760736
>as are the 'general' perks
Are you going to keep Extragalactic Tech?
>>
File: 1448635566816.jpg (359KB, 700x3333px) Image search: [Google]
1448635566816.jpg
359KB, 700x3333px
Alright I'm going to jump Harry Potter and have some fun.
>>
>>54761164
Some fun~~?
>>
>>54760428
>>54760402
Also, it's set in the same universe as the movie with the lava spiders and is a prequel to Z-Nation.
>>
>>54760428
Don't forget that the Sharknados are also secretly time vortexes. They're setting it up for Sharknado 6 to be a time travel story.
>>
>>54760408
Power armor. Really bulky (and yet, somehow skimpy) power armor, but power armor.
>>
File: original.jpg (191KB, 1490x804px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
191KB, 1490x804px
>>54760482
Apparently this was Concept art for TFA. Woe is us for never having this show up instead.
>>
>>54761305
Those look really dumb.
>>
>>54761311
Lazy too, it's just a star destroyer with the middle missing and a mini death star there instead.
>>
>>54761311
They look cool though, and this universe has already proven that it's willing to use a fucking hyperspace using planet, this is much more respectable.
>>
>>54761279
>and yet, somehow skimpy
We don't need armor, we've got forcefields!
Hell, while we're at it, we'll just trim off most of the material for the undersuit.
Modesty is for people who don't have laser swords and cannons.
>>
>>54761319
>They look cool though
Maybe if you're an SBer.
>>
>>54761471
The canon answer is that armor can potential prevent the deployment of the second layer of shielding that prevents all damage to the user when the first layer is depleted.

Still really stupid. I know some people who like to pretend that its skimpy because its supposed to be sportswear and military IS are fully armored.
>>
So, I want to play a complete bastard. Like, someone who's main goal in all of their jump is to ruin the live of the local hero for the sake of it. Someone that humiliate them, ruin their chance of achieving their dream, make their friend turn against them and steal their waifu. Anyway, I was wondering if they are perks that are particularly good for screwing people over?
>>
File: Gradius_II_FC_Stage_5a.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Gradius_II_FC_Stage_5a.png
3KB, 256x224px
>>54760116
>>54760482
>>54761305
>>
>>54761618
Well, you can pick up Super Dickery from Superman The Animated Series.
>>
File: ebon_dragon.png (374KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ebon_dragon.png
374KB, 800x800px
>>54761618
Nope sorry I don't think perks like that exist.
>>
>>54761613
The canon answer is that the weapons used in setting are really strong and that they don't really have any physical armour that actually works against the weapons, at least not without being ridiculously burdening.
>>
>>54761618
Don't know about perks, but I'm sure certain namefags can offer you advice on being a dickhead. Perhaps a noted fighter, Someone who is truly belligerent in their ways, Someone who fights for honor, respect, and admiration. Someone known as Ter.... I mean Banchó.
>>
>>54761618
Any Exalted jump probably has some charms for that as >>54761650 points out. Infernals, Siderals and Dragonblooeded are good for politics in some way or another.
>>
>>54758455
Maybe 20 at most, but current plan is 10.
>>
>>54757005
I like it, but there is little chance of this getting on the drive. Your taking a lot of allowances some people just don't like newbies making. I would suggest taking this to one of the sub-communities like SB. They may like this a bit more than people here.
>>
>>54758406
If you don't go into the Wyld, you won't get Permanent Limit and lose your mind to full Chimerahood.

If you take it easy on the shapeshifting (and don't go into the Wyld), you won't get Mutations.

Chimerahood is pretty avoidable if you play it smart, at least for the 10 years you have to deal with it.

Alternatively, get Tattoo'd in jump. But that has the problem of not getting the benefit of it playing well with other shapeshifting stuff post-jump.

>>54759279
You could have the Chthonic Baara form look like your default?

Alternatively, you could probably develop a custom upgrade to the Beast-Power Concentration knack that'd let you do that. That'd still allow you to look like a hideous amalgamation if you feel like it.
>>
File: samson.jpg (3MB, 2448x1959px) Image search: [Google]
samson.jpg
3MB, 2448x1959px
>>54758955
A mix of Obsidian Shards of Infinity Style,Convection microwave style,The path of Cain,Using perception of multiple possible worldlines to know what is the best way to move myself, being a mass of tangible viscoelastic shadow that can move however it needs,Twelve Kicks of the Tam School,Irish back hold wrestling,Jailhouse rock,Defendu,a personal style developed over several thousand years of practical application and experimenting with one-handed great sword and lantern shield which are both switch weapons that can alternately fire projectiles,kamen rider gimmicks,God Tier Prince of space and being 40 Meters tall.
>>
>>54761768
>Pic
Welp, their civilisation is dead.
>>
>>54761837
It was only 1000 men, there were philistines after that fight.
>>
>>54761650
Oh, yeah. Duh.
>>54761727
Thanks, pal. Guess it's Pleasing the Ebon Dragon time for me.
>>
>>54761767
>Alternatively, get Tattoo'd in jump. But that has the problem of not getting the benefit of it playing well with other shapeshifting stuff post-jump.
I was considering having one of my cmpanions do it but yeas I could see how that would be a problem.

Does the Mortal drawback lock you out of using out of jump abilities?

>>54761767
>You could have the Chthonic Baara form look like your default?
>Alternatively, you could probably develop a custom upgrade to the Beast-Power Concentration knack that'd let you do that. That'd still allow you to look like a hideous amalgamation if you feel like it.
Interesting. I had though about maybe going that route instead of going either Casteless or No Moon but thanks to the new MGE QQ jump I can just take the Chimeric Fusion perk from that.

Trying to figure out how a combination of my altforms work and looks gives me a headache
>>
>>54761893
Remember if you take that perk you have to NTR the Ebon Dragon.
>>
>>54761768
You can't learn Obsidian Shards of Infinity astyle in the jump.
>>
File: raging banchô-Anon.png (6MB, 2400x3202px) Image search: [Google]
raging banchô-Anon.png
6MB, 2400x3202px
>>54761958
The Legend of Zelda and the Minish Cap Also has a perk for that picture vaguely related it's a combination of my alternate forms
>>
>>54761977
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>54761958
>Does the Mortal drawback lock you out of using out of jump abilities?
Nah, it just locks you out of Lunar stuff.

>spoiler
Fair enough. It gets rather ridiculous after a certain amount of altforms.
>>
What's a perk that allows me to create black holes on the fly? The one in Hero Academia is pretty neat, but having to create them from your fingertips sucks.
>>
File: 1502171390238.png (535KB, 906x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1502171390238.png
535KB, 906x1400px
What happened to the Konjiki no Gash!!/Zatch Bell! jump that was on the making?
>>
>>54758955
I have a pretty kickass spear (Gungnir from Touhou) that I've imported like 20 times for upgrades.

But usually I just wave my hands and turn my enemies into dust.
>>
>>54761884
>Only 1000

Maybe, if each man carried a few spare dozen bodies and shields with them.
>>
>>54762289
that's what the story said , but I do Acknowledge one of the things about Bible days is people generally stopped counting after 1000 since they Hadn't come up with bigger numbers yet.
>>
>>54762053
1. Yes you can,read the notes at the end Again.

>Sidereal Martial Arts come almost exclusively from Scroll of the Monk, a very poorly balanced book that never received any errata nor was updated to 2.5 edition. This should be kept in mind when interpreting what they let you do. SMA Charms are effectively a part of the Sidereal charmset, and should be roughly balanced with Lunar/Sidereal Charms of the same Essence or slightly below Solar/Abyssal/Infernal ones. If you aren't familiar with the rules, just assume that whenever someone makes a ludicrous sounding claim like SMA allowing you to create a perfect clone of anyone that is under your complete control and can spend that person's own Essence to fuel the copy's abilities, or just slit its own throat to knock them unconscious, that they're talking about something on the level of the peasant railgun or pun-pun from dnd. It's up to you to fanwank exactly what effects they would give,but if you honestly try to use Creation Slaying Oblivion Kick or claim that you can use The Mirror Does Not Lie to perfectly redirect every attack against you with no chance of failure, you are the worst kind of powerwanker and are worthy of complete mockery.

2. I learned through a combination of Creation’s Natural Warrior Pattern Engraining Meditations and Martial Arts Compendium Memorization so I didn't even learn it in the jump.
>>
>>54758955
Illusion magic. I like to show my enemies what would happen if we actually fought, by going all out with illusory copies of my powers. One horrifying obliteration later, and they're generally ready to sit down at the negotiating table.
>>
>>54757906
>>54757221
Kinda hard to use that when Columbia is now a country.
>>
Do we have any good cloning abilities? I mean more along the lines of Shadow Clones not cloning bodies.

Also do any Charyeok we eat scale with us like it says for bought ones?
>>
>>54762411
>Shadow Clones

naruto is in fact a jump.

>that image.

God of high school is also a jump.
>>
>>54762336
You realise Obsidian Shards is a Charm that culminates in a Shaping effect that lets you instantly win if it's not defended against?

Or is that an admission that you are the worst kind of powerwanker?
>>
File: both is good.gif (491KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
both is good.gif
491KB, 500x333px
>>54762437
I have brought it up before, no one complained about it then.
>>
In Hero Academia, how would Warp Gate and Absorb & Release combine? Would I be able to store the attacks in some kind of warp pocket dimension, or could I just redirect them via use of the portals?
>>
File: I don't know fanwank something.png (27KB, 300x307px) Image search: [Google]
I don't know fanwank something.png
27KB, 300x307px
>>54762472
both of those Sound fair
>>
File: 6567578.png (30KB, 227x200px) Image search: [Google]
6567578.png
30KB, 227x200px
>>54757682
>>54757688
>Brutus uploaded that universal drawback thing despite widespread disagreement in the thread.
Does he even pay attention anymore? Can someone in IRC talk to him?
>>
>>54762470
You are a moron. I'm sure plenty of people complained but you missed/ignored them.
>>
File: 2017_08_03_7.png (831KB, 1005x649px) Image search: [Google]
2017_08_03_7.png
831KB, 1005x649px
>>54759235
>added a second type of Hive Mind.
Machine Empire is a go? Yesss.

...Gonna be hard to pick between that and normal Hivemind though.

Any chance we'll be able to buy into being something like the Rogue Servitors (or Syncretic Evolution) to also have another biological species in our empire?
>>
>>54762511
If you give enough of a shout in thread he'll hear. He does show up in IRC from time to time but it's not a regular thing. I'll go have a look now.

I haven't seen Brutus in a while, but I get the impression he's a tad jaded by the bickering so he's unsure what's wanted and what isn't anymore.
>>
>>54757910
I like how hard you samefagged yourself here.
>>
>>54762511
Update: I don't think anybody else is in the chat right now. Might want to just give him a shout at the top of next thread if he doesn't show up by then.
>>
>>54759743
>I miss Epicureanon.
Why? Their biggest contribution to the community was a troll. There are much better jump makers around.
>>
>>54762522
I posted it in a list of emergency Maneuvers I have so they might have missed it but no one else replies to those kind of things usually anyway so it might've just been that
>>
>>54762531
>...Gonna be hard to pick between that and normal Hivemind though.
Why not just go Machine in Stellaris and Hivemind in Tyranid, you can have both then.
>>
>>54762511
Because of the shitposts so prevalent with virtually everything presented in thread, the likelihood of anything that comes across as negative without criticism being noted as anything beyond "shitpost" is virtually nil.

Also, I've seen that posted a few times in thread, and "widespread disagreement" is not what I saw. Instead, I saw a lot of posts berating the jumpmaker, and very few that bothered to discuss the supplement.

Now, to be clear, I'm not saying it should be on the drive - Hell, as far as I can see it's mostly a collection of minor inconveniences for free CP - I'm just saying that disagreements would be a hell of a lot more effective if people discussed the content and explained why they disagree, instead of REEEEEE DIRGE/RED/VAL/OAA/whoever.
>>
>>54762411
Using Double from Hero Academia you can have an unlimited number of clones with your same powers but shit durability.

Get that perk to have them obey you first, or else once some time passes they might rebel against you.
>>
>>54762629
People generally try to avoid you like the filthy, psychologically suicidal waste of taxpayers dollars you are yes.
>>
>>54762638
People like you dismissing other's opinions are a lot of the reason for 'ree'.
>>
>>54762652
"This sucks" is an opinion with no value.
"This sucks because X, Y, Z" is an opinion that can be worked with, either as criticism for improvement or as a point of debate.

So, yes, I dismiss the first outright.

I also dismiss "X made it" as a reason for objection. It serves no purpose.
>>
File: 2017_08_03_4.png (279KB, 571x595px) Image search: [Google]
2017_08_03_4.png
279KB, 571x595px
>>54762633
Mostly because Stellaris Hiveminds can, you know, decide not to eat everyone else.

Also, the Stellaris hiveminds seem to control its drones much more smoothly and at much longer distances than the Tyranids can, with their Warp/Psyker synaptic control stuff.

Honestly, the Machine side would be much easier to replicate in other jumps.
>>
>>54762692
>decide not to eat everyone else
Well, that's an absurd decision to make. How else are you going to get enough food to feed the next genocidal campaign?
>>
>>54762719
>that's an absurd decision to make

You remind me of Fatposter from CYOA gen

Seriously though, quality over quantity is the key to a healthy waistline whether you're a hivemind or not.
>>
>>54762640
Thanks this seems like a good one. Just need to find a way to make them feel ok with dispersing after the battle is over.
>>
File: 2017_08_03_1.png (658KB, 1055x729px) Image search: [Google]
2017_08_03_1.png
658KB, 1055x729px
>>54762719
By casually creating food with energy-to-matter generators?

But even if we couldn't do that, do you have any idea what kind of filth Tyranids eat? I mean, sure, as a hivemind you look at the larger scale, but it's still kinda disgusting. We would like to be a hivemind with SOME standards.
>>
>>54762511
anons wanted it enough to request it, and there was a hell of a lot less reeeeeing than some actual jumps.
As long as it stays an optional supplement, for anons to use or ignore at their leisure, I don't see any issues with it staying on the drive.
It's not like it's trying to set itself as a standard jump.
>>
>>54762758
>quality over quantity
>>54762790
>what kind of filth Tyranids eat?
But there are just so many Orks out there, at least this way they're being put to some use.
To say nothing of the Eldar - They really should have seen it coming.
And the Tau? They're on the Greater Good Menu.
>>
>>54759743
I know, man. I miss a lot of our fallen Jumpmakers. I wonder if they're still out there somewhere, looking down on us and laughing.
>>
>>54762834
>there are just so many Orks

But that's like skipping through the woods and eating wild mushrooms. Do you want to be like that ancient meme of a japanese man wearing nothnig but a horse mask and jockstrap? Is that how you want the hivemind community to see you?

>Eldar

They've got Slaanesh's drool all over them, that's unhygienic

>Tau

Probably taste really bland since their warp presence is so little.
>>
>>54762835
If it's any consolation, they're probably in a better place. Except for the one who got hit by a car. I'm not sure if he's still alive.
>>
Does anyone know if it is possible to import a weapon into a NP in the Fate Supplement?
>>
>>54762849
Well, I'll agree that maybe the Eldar are unhygenic and should be skipped.
The Tau I figure I can use like tofu - They'll absorb the flavor of whatever they're eaten with.

And the Orks? They can be used to make beer.
Just imagine the looks on other races faces when they realize that the Norn Queens just created fermentation Tyranids.
>>
Jump 9XX: Fire Emblem Archanea (preliminary build)

Background
Knight (Free)

Perks:
The Body Double (Free)
A Noble Warrior (Free)
I Can Handle Rejection (100)
Blessed With Blades (200)
Tenderness Among Harsh Thorns (200)
Within My Hands Is Your Bane (300)
Campaign Of Conquest (300)
A Terror With The Blade (100)
Anri's Legacy (600)

Items
Valiant Mount (import (Free)
Sable Order Of Knights Membership (100)

Companions
Canon Companion Buy (Katarina) (100)

Drawbacks
Echoes Of The Past, Present, And Future (+0)
Captured Friends (+300)
Tragic Love (+200)
Marked By Eremiah (+100) (marked down from +200 as exceeds drawback cap)
The Jumperbane Weapon (+400)

Scenarios
Sage Hubba’s Pursuit Of Shanty Pete (Free)
Sage Hubba’s Pursuit Of Shanty Pete Scenario Rewards (Free)

Here records the tragic story of Jumper and Katarina, the assassin with the Jumperbane weapon.
The tale recounts their many clashes across the face of Archanea over several years; the bitter hate that filled Katarina as Clarisse, Legion and the rest of her hunting party were killed or seriously injured one by one over the course of the hunt; which turned to despair as the impossibility of her assigned task dawned on her.
As the years bore on, Katarina's black thoughts became twisted and warped into an infatuation which further isolated her from everything but her target.

It is not until nearly the end of this tale that she realized the only one who could undo what she had become was the very target of her deadly obsessions for the last nine years.

You might say it finally ended on a bittersweet note, though the true tragedy was that so much pain could have been spared if Nikamoth didn't make such drawbacks and I wasn't such a sucker for a tragic love story uuuuuuuurghhhhhh.
>>
>>54762823
It being optional doesn't mean it won't upset the balance of the game. It being official says as much.
>>
File: 034c25a6a79849bb48e4f0aa272fc823.png (796KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
034c25a6a79849bb48e4f0aa272fc823.png
796KB, 750x1000px
>>54758455
I always have at least one Companion within the first two or three Jumps on any given Chain. Currently on my newest Chain I still only have the one, but that will probably grow to three by Jump 10 if everything goes according to my rough sketch of events.

>>54758508
This was a great way to start the morning.

>>54758955
I am a Red Mage. I use magic of all stripes whenever possible and a sword when necessary.
And I look absolutely fabulous doing all of it.

>>54761164
Absolutely my favorite scene from that series, which isn't saying much, but I just love how it slapped you out of left field like that.
>Miles of magical bullshit!
>Eat C4 nerds.

>>54762195
I haven't seen anything about it in a long while. I remember balancing everything was giving the Jumpmaker headaches, but only in a vague way. That was a couple of months ago.

>>54762511
Several people asked Brutus to put it on and he was okay with it because the Supplement's folder is an entirely optional part of Jumpchain. There wasn't anyone violently objecting at the time, other than the usual scream monkeies who weren't making their case so much as flinging poo everywhere and expecting that to work.

I don't plan on using it and I don't entirely care for the document, but it's in the Supplements. It's totally optional. People can take it and have fun or ignore it completely and do their own thing. It's fine. Optional content isn't going to destroy Jumpchain. There's simply no way for it to do so.
>>
>>54763245
This characterization of everyone disagreeing with you as 'scream monkeies' feels like a total blackwashing.

The problem is that supplements are still canon parts of jumpchain. That is, no complaint can be made if you use a bunch of simple inconveniences from the drawback supplement to get what amounts to free perks in someone elses jump. Even if that jumpmaker intended to be stingy and designed the drawbacks to be difficult, you can spite them and use the drawback supplement instead. That is an official, accepted strategy to jumping now.
>>
>>54763302
>an official, accepted strategy to jumping

[citation needed]
>>
>>54763318
Why does someone have to cite something to prove that stuff on the drive is okay to use?
>>
File: Saber Jealousy.png (811KB, 891x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Saber Jealousy.png
811KB, 891x1190px
>>54757132
Regular person and it was normal I suppose. Took a mix of balefire and fourth magic to the hercules method thus rendering it retgone from reality and forever lost. From that point forward I contemplated injecting fantasy elements/systems and such into it to fill the void, but the couch was too comfy so I just laid back to play video games or catching up on my backlog of tv shows/movies.
>>
>>54763302
I... wow. Okay. No. You're being an idiot on purpose and I refuse to spend more time on you. It's a single player game. The mods other people use have no effect on the base game for the rest of us. There is no bad-wrong fun. Full stop.
>>
File: Kek.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>54763302
>canon parts of jumpchain
>>
File: 1494648683298.png (448KB, 633x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494648683298.png
448KB, 633x480px
>>54763355
And now you descend to insults in your second reply, right after accusing people who disagree with you of screaming. Do you not see the hypocrisy here? A lot of people go on and on claiming one side is full of shitposters and trolls, yet then they themselves act far worse than their opponent does.

And regardless of it being singleplayer, the game itself is a public work. The way things are designed impacts everyone from the players to the jumpmakers. You can use whatever you want in private, of course, but the fact of the matter is that the way the game is designed publicly impacts how players are meant to approach it. That's why this drawback supplement changes the way the game works, because this is now what amounts to an official mechanic, rather than a private fanwank.
>>
>>54763355
Also this only occurred to me while the post was uploading, but I want to add that when you react like this to someone trying to be measured, you create the mindset that there's no reason to be measured at all. If trying to be reasonable is met with this sort of castigation, why put that effort in when screaming and being insulting is likely to meat the same reaction and be just as likely to get results? You are discouraging polite discourse.
>>
File: 0007_Its_Just_My_Sword.jpg (4MB, 7072x9001px) Image search: [Google]
0007_Its_Just_My_Sword.jpg
4MB, 7072x9001px
>>54763375
My cannon is part of jumpchain
>>
Is there a perk that let me transform negative feelings into energy ?
>>
>>54763436
Ayy, I like that... for some reason I can't quite put my finger on.
>>
>>54763450
Because you're a sexual deviant?
>>
Do you think it is possible if I use the Capstone boosted Deal with the Devil (Ghost Rider) and make contact with Alaya in Fate I could bargain for the original EMIYA on the Throne of Heroes? I mean I could probably replace him with someone just as strong and versatile.
>>
>>54763410
>>54763423
You're wrong and you ned to deal with that.
>>
>>54763511
Your post is another illustration of why things get so caustic here.
>>
>>54763485
There's probably still a few holdouts, but why deny yourself the fun?
>>
>>54763497
Don't even need the capstone boost, it doesn't change its power, just adds some utility. Also, yes. You can trade literally anything with anyone.
>>
>>54763511
And you ned to fuck off.
>>
>>54763531
How do I go about convincing Wizards and Witches in Harry Potter into giving me their magic?
>>
>>54763548
Just hold their families for ransom. Harry Potter wizards tend to place a lot of emphasis on family.
>>
>>54763548
Use the Atame
>>
>>54763557
That's the Pure-bloods at least, perhaps threaten their immortal souls too?

>>54763558
The what?
>>
>>54763548
Don't bother, just eat them. It's easier and you'll be doing that world a favor by culling the herd.
>>
File: Meet The New Boss.png (951KB, 1022x874px) Image search: [Google]
Meet The New Boss.png
951KB, 1022x874px
>>54758508
Jump #500
Background: Ultimate Potato Recipe

Supplement: Nothing is Sacred +200

Perks
Stranger Magics and Stranger Realms [Freebie]
The potato that stole best girl [Freebie]
Spudnik -150
Not your mother's home cooking -150
The fun stops here -300
OC Over Heaven -600

Enemy Jumpers
All

Gorilla Warfare
Son Of Man +500

Drawbacks
Literally Bancho +0 [Mandatory]
ASA Further Beyond +0

Potato Bane Supplement:
Irish Famine
Jumper Must Die

Summary:
I want to kill the Lampreys.
>>
>>54763548
>show up in Harry Potter
>appear as a horrifying dark being from beyond the stars
>use Ritualist and Myth from Creepypasta to slip Voldemort your summoning ritual
>bargain for his soul and magic in exchange for power and immortality
>sit and wait for the story to progress
>strip away all of his magic during the final battle
>"There are many kinds of immortality."
>he spends eternity languishing in a hell dimension while you get all of his power and knowledge
>>
>>54763567
>The what?
The Atame from Charmed It lets you take the powers from the things you kill with it.
>>
>>54761618
Refer here >>54758508
>>
What happens to Life Points in Sekai Oni if you're immortal ?
>>
>>54763663
They're based on emotions and willpower IIRC, not anything like lifespan/health.

So, nothing.
>>
>>54763548
I found this short one-shot fanfiction of Harry tricking dozens of Death Eaters into signing over their magic through the post. He creates a tunnel of ice through the Black lake with one spell.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11118965/1/Always-Read-the-Fine-Print
>>
>>54763423
>>54763410
>>54763355
>>54763245
And here we see the problem of trying to argue canon in a body of work that has no canon.

It's like trying to make rulings for or against the presence of a grizzly bear in your uncle's fish story.
>>
>>54763830
THAT GRIZZLY BEAR WAS THERE
THE FISH I CAUGHT WAS HUGE
AS BIG AS MY BOAT
BUT THE GRIZZLY BEAR STOLE IT
ASK ANON, HE'LL BACK ME UP
>>
>>54763830
I think you're getting worked up over the word 'canon' when it's simply the best fit I could think of. I'm talking about the mechanics of the game part of this, not the story writing aspect.
>>
>>54763584
...seriously man, what are the Lampreys and what did they do to you? Burn down your women? Rape your houses? Pillage your bottlecap collection?
>>
>>54763869
>implying /jc/ isn't all grizzly bears in disguise
>>
>>54763880
You are laboring under the illusions that you are right. You are not. The rest of us know this. It is time to for you to stop.

>>54763830
I'm telling you, it couldn't have been a grizzly. My uncle said it stood as tall as the young elm sapling by the wandering creek but is isn't tall enough for it to have been a grizzly. It had to be a black bear.
>>
>>54763930
See >>54763528

I've been over this before, the whole declaration of right/wrong is pretty caustic and part of the reason why this thread gets so many aggressive arguments. I hope you're not one of the people who complains about how nasty this thread gets when you're one of the culprits too.
>>
File: 3563c07b8e9ce3d752fd9f7c5f0a315b.jpg (310KB, 1400x1979px) Image search: [Google]
3563c07b8e9ce3d752fd9f7c5f0a315b.jpg
310KB, 1400x1979px
>>54763891
You don't mess with a man's bottlecap collection.
>>
>>54763955
Oh I get it now. You're a SJW.
>>
Was my post deleted because of the ponies?
>>
>>54763974
Global Rule 15.
>>
>>54763981
Ta.
>>
>>54763930
The problem with your assertion is that nobody can be right, because there's nothing to be "right" about.

If we're talking about this in video game terms, Jumpchain is the equivalent of those 700-in-one minigame packs full of Pong/Tetris/Snake clones, and the "game" itself is also the console, so high scores mean nothing due to not being at the arcade.
>>
>>54764001
Except that's exactly what I was saying. You're not right. Nobody can be right. It's a fucking single player game.
>>
>>54764020
Anon, you're talking to >>54763830 , not >>54763880 .
>>
>>54763970
I can't take you remotely seriously when you post like this.
>>
>>54763970
Where's the leftism? I ain't seeing no feminism or Maduro apologism.
>>
>>54764040
What else do you want? You're shitting up the thread with an argument that people have told you relies on faulty logic in perfectly civil tones, only to for you to turn around and accuse them of being caustic to the thread as a whole and discounting their whole argument by restating your original point in a new way. Your continuation of and insistence at continuing this line of conversation despite a lack of interest in the thread and a seeming majority saying you are in the wrong is the only caustic presence in the thread at this point.
>>
File: 1500330461710.jpg (582KB, 1668x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1500330461710.jpg
582KB, 1668x1126px
Amazons are great
>>
>>54764092
Back to insults. Nobody is shitting things up by voicing their opinion civilly. Also, the only people I've argued with have never addressed my actual points, they've only insulted me. That's why I'm telling you that you and Yorokonde are caustic, the only posts you've made have been insulting tirades.
>>
File: 1501445125500.png (2MB, 960x1418px) Image search: [Google]
1501445125500.png
2MB, 960x1418px
>>54764103
Finally a conversation worth having.

Indeed, Amazons are great. Though I don't particularly care for the variety that slice off a breast to make themselves more capable archers. That seems like such a waste. Even if it is practical.
>>
>>54764103
The one of the right needs to be pregnant.
>>
>>54764131
>variety that slice off a breast to make themselves more capable archers
...what? Am I missing a reference to something?
>>
File: 1474878639354.jpg (1MB, 3444x4866px) Image search: [Google]
1474878639354.jpg
1MB, 3444x4866px
>>54764131
Great tits are a precious resource and should not be squandered needlessly

>>54764161
I don't disagree
>>
So ah, did Creepypasta ever get that Global Conspiracy update?
>>
>>54764130
And you are ignoring the entire statement because of a single "insult". If anything, you calling Yorokonde caustic should immediately discount your opinion counting for anything. He gave you a rational argument that you instantly discounted because he called the mindless dissenters "howlers". Besides, anyone who has actually lurked in the thread for any amount of time knows that Yorokonde is literally the least caustic Jumpmaker in the entire damned thread. He's a fucking furry fag, but he keeps that to himself and his Jumps.
>>
>>54764171
The ancient greeks made that up.
It's more likely they engaged in breast binding, in the rare case their tits were stonking huge enough to impact their archery.
>>
>>54764103
Link ?
>>
>>54764206
Cutting off your tit does sound quite dangerous, much like cutting off any significant chunk of flesh
>>
>>54764131
>Even if it is practical.
It's not practical to create a giant gaping wound that will take months to heal if it doesn't kill you from infection, when you can achieve the same result with a bit of cloth.
>>
>>54764190
Your statement is just a "You're wrong, everyone disagrees with you, and you're bad for continuing to post." This isn't a good set of points because, for one, "You're wrong." isn't an argument, two, "Everyone disagrees." is not a provable point when I've talked to like two people, and "You're bad for continuing to post." ignores that the only reason I'm posting about it is because YOU keep responding and insulting me. It takes two to have a conversation.

Yorokonde also didn't present an argument, he told me I was being stupid and then ignored my actual reasoning. Whether or not Yorokonde normally behaves better, doesn't mean he did so in this conversation.
>>
File: 1483365627208.jpg (348KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483365627208.jpg
348KB, 1600x1200px
>>54764206
The ancient greeks also had great fashion sense tho
>>
Anyone got any good idea of what C rank NP to give Sasaki?
>>
>>54764171
They used to say that amazon women cut off one of their breasts to prevent them from getting in the way when firing a bow. Probably not true.
>>
>>54764171
That's a folk etymology of the word "amazon."

"A-" or "not/without" and "mazos" or "breast." Presumably, they would cut off the right breast so that it would not interfere with combat, such as spear use or archery.

Linguists think it might be from an Old Persian word, "hamazan," or maybe a Proto-Indo-European origin in a word meaning "husbandless."
>>
>>54764206
Amazons aren't real, anon. The Greeks probably based the idea of Scythians and other peoples that had their women fight under certain circumstances, but the Amazons themselves are not real.
>>
>>54764171
It's just something that crops up in fantasy works from time to time. Amazons, abundantly blessed as always with bountiful tracts of land, find it harder to draw a bow with such tracts in the way of the draw. It makes the entire process awkward. So more militant Amazons would slice a breast off their warriors to make them able to draw the bow more smoothly.

I doubt it was ever a real thing in the world. Amputations before modern disinfectants was a crapshoot even at the best of times, never mind doing it that close to your heart.

>>54764173
No, no they shouldn't.

>>54764190
Please don't bring me back into this.

>>54764222
Practical in the long term and only in a theoretical sense. See above.
>>
>>54764232
Hnng... muscle women are perfect
>>
File: H9RnOwA.png (786KB, 998x767px) Image search: [Google]
H9RnOwA.png
786KB, 998x767px
>>54764216
That's as close as I got
>>
>>54764261
They are a strange, magical subspecies of humans with a mysterious life cycle all their own
>>
File: 1500039081104.png (2MB, 1280x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1500039081104.png
2MB, 1280x1706px
>>54764261
>>54764281
Aaaaand, I forgot the picture
>>
>>54764233
>Sasaki
Isn't his Tsubame Gaeshi sorta categorized as a NP, despite not having a rank?
>>
>>54764227
Now you're just arguing semantics. His first post THAT YOU FUCKING RESPONDED TO, contains his actual argument, which you basically sidestepped by bringing up a "fact" that was immediately laughed at by two other people. This is the last response you're getting from me. You're wrong because of the reasons everyone else has pointed out to you half a dozen times already. I'm not repeating myself endlessly because you feel the need to have your methodology recognized as the one true way.
>>
File: 14828623912710.png (3MB, 1511x2138px) Image search: [Google]
14828623912710.png
3MB, 1511x2138px
>>54764249
I don't have any Persian amazons.
>>
>>54764314
Can we not argue entirely over someone elses argument? Jesus. You're giving me a very real headache.
>>
>>54764335
You wouldn't be able to tell visually anyway unless they were wearing a lot of cloths.
>>
>>54764307
Yeah it is but it is all skill with no magic so...its just everywhere.
>>
>>54764262
Ha! You cheeky git.

>>54764295
That's pushing it a little too hard for me.
>>
File: 1473603672100.jpg (293KB, 630x891px) Image search: [Google]
1473603672100.jpg
293KB, 630x891px
>>54764346
Wouldn't they have a cool tan at least?

>>54764362
>Ha! You cheeky git.
There is some amazing Gerudo stuff out there. Giant swaths of it though are NSFW
>That's pushing it a little too hard for me.
It's honestly on the border for me too. I think the big part that bothers me in that pic is the head proportion. It needs to be gigger to match the rest of the body.
>>
File: muscle.jpg (163KB, 632x900px) Image search: [Google]
muscle.jpg
163KB, 632x900px
>>54764261
>>54764295
I feel like that's overdoing it, but agree with the general sentiment.
>>
File: 1467681666720.jpg (166KB, 600x927px) Image search: [Google]
1467681666720.jpg
166KB, 600x927px
>>54764397
I agree, see >>54764386. I like the lifecycle bit though.

This one is one of my favs for a variety of reasons. It's also how I picture my jumper in certain fantasy settings.
>>
>>54764386
>Wouldn't they have a cool tan at least?
Nope! You see, racially, pureblooded Persians are Indo-European, not Arabic, so they're pale skinned. You see some darker skinned people in Persia now because of the Arab conquests that spread Islam. The core populated areas of Persia are not a desert either. It's plains, mountains, and forest, so people won't get really tan.
>>
Is it wrong that I prefer my women soft and slightly shorter than me?
Thread posts: 482
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.