[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>That guy that doesn't track his HP and says "I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: wuhsr.jpg (19KB, 320x248px) Image search: [Google]
wuhsr.jpg
19KB, 320x248px
>That guy that doesn't track his HP and says "I forget" when you ask what he's at
>>
>>54754446
If they keep doing this, make a plot arc where the party finds out the character has been dead for ages and is being puppeted around in a "Weekend ant Bernie's" style scenario
>>
Track their HP for them and purposefully under-estimate how much they have left.
>>
>>54754446
The answer is simple, just ignore him. Don't have the monsters attack his character and don't count any damage he deals to them. Either he'll stop acting like a faggot or he'll just stop showing up to sessions.
>>
Simple: track his hp for him. I do this anyway to prevent cheating.
>>
>>54754446
>That guy that doesn't track his HP and says "I forget" when you ask what he's at
It's his responsibility to track, and since he hasn't done that, you have to take the most conservative estimate of what his hit points actually are: one hit point. Why one? His character is up and functional, so he has at least one hit point, but you don't know for sure that he has any more. So the conservative estimate is one.

Maybe next time he'll be a bit more eager to keep track of things. (But I'd keep a secret tally myself to double check his slack ass.)
>>
File: And Not That Fedora Shit.gif (2MB, 330x275px) Image search: [Google]
And Not That Fedora Shit.gif
2MB, 330x275px
>that guy
>>
>>54754852
This.
>>
>>54754852
This.

Helps that my system has like 10 as the max HP most mortal beings can have. Good luck not tracking that.

(There's a reason why every person I've played with so far has said "War is hell, wear a fucking helmet.")
>>
>>54755450

Tell me more about this system
>>
>>54755579
Basically, combat is hellishly fast and lethal, and wounds stick around.

Basically Vitality is Constitution+5, where Constitution is -4 to +5, with +0 being average, and +5 being "limit of mortal ability."

A single tick of damage can take DAYS to heal, and you can't do basically ANYTHING while healing, and healing magic just makes it easier to heal this way (lowers difficulty of the roll).

If you do act in that day, timer resets until you rest for 24 hours again.

The funny thing is, it used to be easier, but I cranked harder on it to improve the feeling. Now downtime healing from injuries is a major roleplaying element, being laid up sucks and players play much more cautiously and defensively.

I even have the tentative thumbs up from a trauma medic on how my healing/wound system works (his complain is that it;'s not very granular, but that the difficulty and timing is sensible without being too simulationist).
>>
>>54755879

Please. Share. I need this in my life.
>>
>>54756280
Warning, it's mega mega beta, but everything I have is here; I'm working on a website proper; but for now check the backlog for a working set of rules.

http://heroes-of-legend.com/wiki/Main_Page

As an aside, things should be open for comment so if you wanna help it along that way I'd really appreciate it!
>>
>>54756841

Thank you.
>>
>>54754467
>>54754852
>>54754962

These all sound like fantastic solutions.
>>
>>54755143
yeah I enjoy when my DM overanalyzes everything and doesn't trust the players with their own characters because my favorite part is sitting there while he calculates things and consults the rulebook
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.