[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Cousin's boyfriend invites me to a DnD group in progress

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: r_r_r_by_elpinoy.jpg (200KB, 705x1530px) Image search: [Google]
r_r_r_by_elpinoy.jpg
200KB, 705x1530px
>Cousin's boyfriend invites me to a DnD group in progress
>Roll a Chaotic Neutral Drow Arcane Trickster Rogue with ranks in preform so she can disguise herself as a Geisha styled bard.
>Negotiate with the Gm so I can be secretly working for an organization that might possibly be the BBEGs, to spy on the party.
>The GM thinks this is a great idea, as do any other players who are paying close enough attention, but respectfully maintaining IC/OOC divide and not breaking the 4th wall.
>I am now playing a fetishy character with a gimmick build, who's also a monster race, chaotic nongood alignment, and dickass thief actively working against the party.
>and I'm doing this as a new player who is only known OOCly by one member of the group.
>Everyone has fun, Me, the players, the GM.
>I'm invited back next week.
>This story actually happened.

Why is /tg/ always wrong about everything?
>>
>>54747240
>rock restoration regime
>the image is effectively everything that went wrong with rock in the first place, making it require restoration

The Bangles were not the peak of rock'n'roll, OP. Faggot/10
>>
>>54747240
>Why is /tg/ always wrong about everything?
Because it's 95% autists screeching about their experiences with other autists.
>>
File: NoodlePhase3.jpg (50KB, 342x720px) Image search: [Google]
NoodlePhase3.jpg
50KB, 342x720px
>>54747313
I just posted it because I liked the idea of a rockstar Geisha, and it was one of the inspirations for my character. The other being Noodle from Gorillaz.

>>54747325
Well, I did the opposite of just about everything /tg/ ever told me to do, and everybody had fun.
>>
>>54747240
>Why is /tg/ always wrong about everything?
Those stories are hypothetical descriptions made by people who don't actually play RPGs.
>>
This is going to blow up in all of your faces in a few sessions, just watch.
>>
>>54747240
Are you saying you finished the campaign or just did 1 session?

Also the whole point of DnD is that if everyone invests in roleplaying the situation then anything can work. The reason your meme situation gets a bad rap is because retarded edgelords and such tend to pick those builds
>>
>>54747325
To be fair to /tg/ these kinds of concepts don't work too well if people are screeching autists.
>>
>>54748663
The campaign isn't over, but my character finished her goals for this session (spy on the party and report back), and I got invited back next time.

I'm actually not 100% sure if I'll be in town next time, but, the way things are set up, it would work out just fine if she left the party as mysteriously as she arrived. Or if she followed the party around suspiciously for a few more sessions.

I am kind of an edgelord playing an edgy character, but I'm also investing enough role-playing for it to work, and making sure everyone enjoys both me and my character. I am not my character, but both of us are effectively traveling entertainers. Encores are optional.
>>
>>54747240
>The GM thinks this is a great idea, as do any other players who are paying close enough attention, but respectfully maintaining IC/OOC divide and not breaking the 4th wall.
That's the crux of the situation. All the shit you described is awful when it's imposed on other players without their knowledge or over their objections. But when you've actively told them "here's my plans, what do you think," and they say "sounds good," you're probably going to get a good game.

This is why I no longer allow players to have out of character secrets, by the way. In character is fine, and often a lot of fun, but out of character just leads to misery far too often.
>>
>>54747240

Because nowadays /tg/ is filled by memers who don't even play roleplaying games.
>>
>>54747240
>rockstar geisha
What does this even mean?
>>
>>54750862
One of the skills of a Geisha is playing the Shamshan, a two stringed instrument similar to a Guitar. So I just mashed them up to create a person who's job is to be sexy and play music. That was combined with the idea that Courtesans and Minstrels are both popular disguises for Ninjas and other kinds of spy both in Feudal japan and the European middle ages.

The GM said that Drow in his setting were spanish, so I decided that Guitars were the appropriate instrument, but kept some superficial Japanese elements to go with the whole "Exotic and possibly untrustworthy courtesan." angle.
>>
>>54747240
You lucked out anecdotal evidence-kun. Most people can't detach themselves from their characters enough (try insulting someone's character IC and see how they'll wince IRL and start thinking about getting back at you).
/tg/'s usual advice is to shoot these kinds of shit pre-emptively because they go by the worst-possible result like the pesimistic fucks they are, often thinking they're sharing a table with bickering retarded manchildren (and sadly I think they're right 90% of the times).
Just heard a story from a fellow GM saying his 36-year old friend stormed out of a game because an another character insulted his ingame, saying that other people shouldn't treat his character like that, he demands respect, he demanded a public apology, and so on, what a weird cunt.

Good luck and don't fuck it up, they've put their trust in you.
>>
>>54747240
Because no one here actually plays games or interacts with functioning human beings consistently.
>>
>>54753511
I personally am aroused.
>>
i dont know why i was reminded of that autist DM that writed the full campaign of 200+ sesions and it only was him jerking of to the idea of killing his players
>>
>>54747240
luck, and a lack of autists. you play that shit into the ground and we will vicariously look at you with pride.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.