[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever created a unique spell /tg/? What was the spell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: wizard reading.png (355KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
wizard reading.png
355KB, 500x447px
Have you ever created a unique spell /tg/?

What was the spell for, did the GM allow it, why did you design it?
>>
>LOCATING ARCANE MARK
School universal; Level sorcerer/wizard 1
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S
Range touch
Effect one personal rune or mark, all of which must fit within 1 sq. ft.
Duration permanent
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

Functions as Arcane Mark but allows the caster to spend a swift action to "Locate the Mark" and the caster instantly knows the direction to the mark and has a knowledge of their level of distance from the mark
Close: Within a hundred feet
Nearby: Within a thousand feet
Moderate distance: Within 5 miles
Large distance: Under 25 miles
Far away: Over 25 miles away
>>
>>54743978
>Sight, Unbounded (Space 1, Mind 1, Prime 1)
Practice: Unveiling
Primary Factor: Duration
Fragmenting his vision and splitting the atom of his focus, the subject generates individiual points of perception equal to the spell's Potency.
These can be spread throughout his sensory range, bent around obstacles, and can travel at the speed of thought, however their ultimate 'distance' is limited by the capacity of the subject's perception.
These points of vision cannot be fooled by illusion, misdirection or trickery, and peripheral Mage Sight is triggered through them just as through the Mage's bounded perceptions.

We were searching through a wood for someone we were supposed to be hunting, to show a bunch of useless fucking Werewolves that our Cabal of Mages weren't pussies.

Basically, imagine an omega beam, but of just vision, not lasers.
>>
>>54743978
I do it frequently to spice up the combat, in d&d making it a spell means there is a bit more players can do about it (counterspell, dispel, break concentration etc.).
Though similarly to vancian casting, usually after the session the spells are gone from my memory.
>>
>>54743978
Hell yeah, I did.

>Pyre
5th-level evocation
Casting Time: 1 minute (ritual)
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (recently killed helpless humanoid)
Duration: Until dispelled

This spell requires you to ritually kill a humanoid creature before casting it. Immediately after casting, the material component turns to ash, and it's blood bursts into flames that give heat, but are incapable of damaging creatures or objects. The fire can't be smothered or quenched, it does not require oxygen or materials to continue, and will not extinguish until the area is desecrated.
As long as the fire burns, the area surrounding it is considered hallowed and holy to caster's religion.
>>
>>54744033
Nice, exacly like GURPS's mystic mark
>>
The name of the spell was "Shark-sleep", that another player used to stay on his undead horse for hours without having to actually sleep.
It was pretty stronk in that campaign, but the power disparity was an element of the scenario.
>>
File: lucifer morningstar jin en mok.jpg (336KB, 964x988px) Image search: [Google]
lucifer morningstar jin en mok.jpg
336KB, 964x988px
i want to create a spell based on pic related

something like enchanting an object and the next guy wo touches it get's obsessed with the object.
>>
File: Subdimensional Rift.png (250KB, 326x908px) Image search: [Google]
Subdimensional Rift.png
250KB, 326x908px
>>54743978
Yup, made to solve the problem that extradimensional spaces in D&D are basically inviolate, which renders a few of D&D's own adventure ideas impossible.

For example, go grab your copy of the 3.5 DMG and go to page 44, look at the table for "one hundred adventure ideas."

>Idea #67: Thieves steal a great treasure and then flee into Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion.

Every time I've read that I've just thought of myself saying to my players, "you sit outside the impermeable, invisible barrier that is the entrance to Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion. There is no way inside unless the thieves want you inside. But if you wait about 14 hours, they'll pop back out. Should be easy."
>>
>>54743978
I play Barbs, in which there are no preset spells and you have to hash them out with the GM (Me, most of the time). Some better ones Ive approved:
>A complex, spirally series of glyphs which can be brought to life into a venomous adder at will.
>A portal through the realm of madness to any area within line of sight. Useful for interrogation and getting rid of pesky foes mid-transit.
>A cantrip which makes objects hidden as part of the spell very difficult to find, though not necessarily invisible.
>>
>>54745925
Maybe it's the ACTUAL Mordenkainen's mansion. Like, they got lost and got to the real thing while he wasn't home. Imagine all the possible wacky shenanigans.

>mordenkainen's fabulous bathroom
>mordenkainen's illustrious garage
>and finally, mordenkainen's notorious sex dungeon the safeword is lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.